Feature Ratings Breakdown

Funtionality

• Pros

• "Ease of use, integrations with other 3rd party products, data warehouse, publisher; excel based, so can use excel formulas."

• "The advancements they are making towards cloud and customer ease of use. This is a type of product that I am proud to stand behind."

• "very easy to start in a shared central file that's hosted in the cloud with Revit. Collaboration is built in"

• "Easy warehouse activation, integration and implementation. Automatically upgrades makes my work a little easier."

• Cons

• "Very time consuming in the implementation process. We need to create a separate team to make this project."

• "Hours of support are hard to work with when you are on the east coast and support is on the west coast."

• "The Configuration process and the need of a lot human resources, and access. Time effort implementation."

• "Upgrades have not been smooth. At times we lost functionality that we originally had in prior versions"

Filter reviews by:

Sort by: Most Helpful | Most Recent

Showing 1-20 of 71 reviews

Do you use this product?Write a review

RICHARD from BLACKHAWK NETWORK

BI360, OUT IN FRONT, HEADING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

Pros

The thing I like most about Solver, the company that supplies BI360, is that I have found it easy to connect with them on every level from support staff to the CEO. They take my reporting challenges seriously, and they are committed to delivering value to me and my end users. The thing I like most about the BI360 product suite is that it provides exactly the right mix of products I need to deliver information to my users in a timely manner, in the format my users need.

Cons

There are very few things I dislike about this vendor. One minor thing is that they are developing their product suite so rapidly that it is sometimes difficult for me to do the upgrades necessary to keep up! Having said that, I am content to know that what I currently have meets my needs well.

Brett from MassDevelopment

Some growing pains, but overall the best solution to streamline our reporting and budgeting

We are happy to be attending Focus as it gives us an opportunity to learn more about the Bi360 product and network with other users.

Pros

Reporting function, flexibility of product, customer support, and the ability to streamline our existing reports and expand upon our "old" reports and create new reports to satisfy our budget and departmental managers.

Cons

We had a Planning issue where our LID was disappearing from our Data Warehouse. We're not sure what caused this but this resulted in many frustrated customers during our budget input process. Solver has been unable to replicate the issue for us, which is frustrating. We have lost a bit of trust in our planning process.

Gavin from Ciall

August 2015

An excellent product that continues to improve with every new release.

Pros

As a tool, BI360 is incredibly easy to use and quick to implement. We have repeatedly found new uses for the product and it continues to be our go-to solution for data consolidation, reporting and budgeting. As a vendor, we have found Solver to be very responsive, with a genuine commitment to excellence. We like that the warehouse comes with out of the box intelligence around financial reporting. It's not just another cube churning numbers. This allows us to quickly deploy BI360 as a financial consolidation tool.

Cons

Users can sometimes find it confusing that the solution suite is offered via multiple applications. We understand that this approach will change in future releases.

Karen from Union Supply Group

My opinion of BI360

BI360 is a good product. I'm very happy to see new and improved features added.

Pros

I love the publisher and the fact the report is excel based. It's easy to format and give it the look I want. I also love the ability to schedule my reports to run when I want them to run.

Cons

Something I've noticed that can be time consuming is the switching between design mode and run mode. When designing or modifying a report, switching from design to run to see how the report looks and then switching back to design again can become cumbersome.

Karen from MassDevelopment

Bi360 has been an amazing time saver for our organization!

Overall, great product. Reporting tool and Planning tool have been invaluable to our organization. Somewhat disappointed in loss of functionality with new version releases.

Pros

I love the Excel based familiarity with all excel functionality available for reporting tool. The online knowledge base is a tremendous resources as well.

Cons

We have had a technical difficulty that the Solver team has not been able to resolve. Very disappointing since we have been very happy with the planning module until we started losing line item detail.

Ray from NGLEP

Overall, I am impressed with the software. The Composer interface is very intuitive to use.

Ease of use, scheduling of daily reports, quick daily data refresh, and excellent customer service.

Pros

I like the ability to create reports in Composer, drop to Excel, and share with other users. I use the Publisher tool to generate close to 100 reports daily for the Accounting Team.

Cons

The error messaging is not always clear and concise. There are some limitations on naming tabs when running reports with expanding parameters.

Kiki from The TM Group, Inc.

Implementation consultant and report designer

Support services are excellent!

Pros

Flexibility to do any report that you need.
Data warehouse is very easy to setup and new fields are available immediately.
Fast ramp up time in both implementation and training of new users.

Cons

Planning in web and planning in Excel can't exist in same workbook.
Security in system should to go beyond just the dimension codes.
Parameter filtering should be multi-level.

Terry from MassDevelopment

Great tool for budgeting and reporting

Overall it is a great tool to use for reporting and budgeting. We have saved time and man power completing our work.

Pros

easy to consolidate. User friendly and ease in navigation. Reports customization is a great tool when it comes to reporting

Cons

Its not easy to troubleshoot problems. We have lost functionality after upgrading. Felt like we took a step back after upgrading. Assignment set up is not as easy as it used to be.

Steve from InterdynBMI

BI360 Has been a great tool for my customers. It has enhance reporting and budgeting and allowed them to add analytics to their reporting

Overall it is a great product for most people in the SMB market space.

Pros

I like the expand-ability to allow multi source data so both financial and operational analysis. One of the best tools I have seen for a typical end user as you do not need IT to create reports.

Cons

Currently some of the date and tree features when in use with excel are difficult to manipulate various reports.

Susan from Elmer Candy Corporation

BI360 is easy to use and a powerful tool

John Rayburn is the best!!!! He set us up initially and trained me to be able to make changes and create new reports.

Pros

interfaces with our ERP, works well with the SSI integration, easy to use and customer support is excellent

Cons

sometimes it takes a while to run data extensive reports and forms, when my sales department runs the Final forecast form it takes about 30 minutes to load.

Sarah from T3 Information Systems

BI360 is an essential tool

Pros

Reports are designed in Excel and users can leverage all Excel functionality. With good ranges and expanding groups, you can design reports that need almost no maintenance.

Cons

Report speed could be improved. Some accountants have a difficult time learning to write reports. Need trees with integrations that run directly on the accounting system.

Robert from Schneider Downs & Co., Inc.

BI360 has improved our financial reporting capabilities

Pros

Being Microsoft Excel-based, you get to leverage all the capabilities, flexibility and power of Excel.

Cons

There are some opportunities at add functionality that could be added to make the software more powerful, however Solver does a great job of adding enhancement requests, so I'm sure that they will be adding more soon.

Review for Solver BI-360

Pros

There is a huge learning curve needed to learn this software. However, once you learn how to use it, you will be able to create any kind of reports you want. The potential is limitless.

Cons

I wish there is a "search" function that allows you to easily search for the the tags that you need.

Response from Solver of

Replied June 2019

Thank you for your review. We will work on improving our product based on your comments. Thanks again!

Michael from Denver Broncos

Lots of potential but needs dedicated focus to achieve the results (not simple drag and drop)

Pros

The potential and discovering new things that you can accomplish. The Excel add in is great along with the ability to build our own modules in the DWH.

Cons

Learning curve is steep and not as intuitive as advertised. The web portal product is lacking at this stage and seems it has taken a very long time to make the switch to Silverlight. Even though 5.0 is coming out, the emphasis is placed on new customers rather than fixing the problem for current customers.

Stacy from Ojai Valley Inn & Spa

Such a great program that will save you a ton of time

Pros

I like how easy it is to run revenue and labor reports and how all the data is stored for you. It has saved us so much time on forecasting, budgets and labor reports

Cons

I dont like how easy it is to delete certain things. It would be nice to have a pop asking if you want to delete the item

Tricia from Casey Family Programs

flexibility, efficiency from integration of data

Pros

report designer, excel interface of budget templates, flexibility of data classification (dimension attributes)

Cons

netsuite integration, customizations in net suite don't allow for automated data feed. Speed and perfomance issues rendering budget templates to Excel.

Susan from Intellitec Solutions LLC

One software, many uses

Pros

The ease of deployment and training for all users. Love the fact that data warehouse can be used with multiple databases.

Cons

Cost can be prohibitive with smaller customers, and want to have more product bundling for the customers.

Trishia from PA State Employees Credit Union

Ease of use

Pros

Works with Excel
Ease of use

Danielle from The Jackson Companies

BI360 has become my everything

Pros

excel, easy to manipulate, helpful in more ways then just financial reporting, fun to create and build

Cons

speed of reports, support to integrate new systems into the warehouse has become a struggle because techs are to busy

Anna from ANSI

Positive Budgeting Experience

Pros

It is able to adapt to our reasonably complex budgeting process. It is very easy to create new scenarios for future budget periods and has limited overhead required.

Cons

Staff members with poor excel skills struggle to enter data correctly or think there are issues with the budgets when it is user error (however they have struggled with previous software we have put in place)