• Pros

• "It was easy to use, i likes the emailed statements after each closing day. it had a great work flow to it "

• "I use this product for the squarespace website and it's so easy to use! It gives me all my sales information and it's very clear when I'll get paid out. "

• "This has been such a great software to use to collect all the payments from our customers. It is easy and reliable, and very transparent. "

• Cons

• "Only downside is they take a transaction fee however it's really not that much so it's no big deal. Great asset for my website "

• "Less advanced features than some subscription management platforms, but then much much lower costs too."

• "I really can't think of a single gripe I have with Stripe. "

Browse Stripe Billing Reviews

Matthew from Atlas Internet Marketing LLC

Perfect for one time payments and recurring

Very satisfied. Definitely great for when you are starting out and even with an established business.

Pros

I like that I can use it directly as well as integrate it with my own point of sale system. I used to have to pay for a software that could do both one time payments and automatic recurring subscriptions but this beat them out. I work mostly from my computer and its easy to get into and if I can't remember how to do one functions I can easily get what I need from their support forums or support chat.

Cons

Only thing this won't do is notify me if a payment doesn't go through, but there is a quick fix for that. I just use zapier and now I receive an email notification if that happens. Oh and I had a chargeback once I'd like to see an option to upload multiple documents for disputes not just one. I get that there is only so much file size available in messages plus my contract took care of that issue.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe Billing

Better features in my opinion and how I operate.

Reasons for Switching to Stripe Billing

Cost. There are a few more features in Zoho that came out recently that I would use but I am trying to keep my overhead as low as possible right now.

adonay from Geckode LLC

The best payment gateway

Mostly great, like I said, the learning curve isn't the shortest, but as they have lots of options (that, after going through that learning curve you'll find they're needed in order to give your customers the best options and support) you'll be able to offer a great service for your clients, no need to get in trouble with clients because of the payment gateway.

Pros

They take privacy in a very serious way. And they know their product is used mostly by developers, so their site has plenty of support, examples forums and every kind of resource that makes it easier for developers to implement payments on any platform. Also, they have options to manage clients and subscriptions that can be billed for in a fixed period of time, give them free trials, etc. Their commissions aren't the cheapest, but I consider they aren't also very expensive. Another thing that we liked is that they keep developing their offer, like accepting payments via convenience stores (currently in beta while i'm writing this review)

Cons

It has a big learning curve. At first it's difficult to get familiar with all the concepts they use for their different parts of the process, I wasn't able to find a simple tutorial on their site (found some in external sites).

Reasons for Choosing Stripe Billing

Because the registration process was pretty straight forward. We're still considering openpay since it give the options to charge clients and differ they payment on several monthly payments, but it's hard to register a client and go live with them. With Stripe, they asked for lots of data about the user, but, as soon as they're provided, you're ready to go live.

Kevin from Feedly

Stripe is wonderful!

We're using it to collect and refund payments from customers. It's been great!!!!

Pros

Stripe makes it really easy to help customers out with any issue they may have related to billing issues.

Cons

Nothing! The recent redesign is really smooth and nice. It doesn't leave anything to desire and everything is easy to find! It's great!

Difficult workfow

The customer support is not very helpful. My clients were not getting billed and he was not being able to pay. It took us weeks to resolve the issue, and the solution was to create a new invoice.

Pros

You can set up customers in the database and add subscription and the system tracks the payment flow.

Cons

The payment process fails many a time. The options that you are looking for cannot be found like a simple "delete".

Simply the Best Subscription Management

Stripe Billing was easy to use overall, simple enough to deploy, and has a wonderful support portal and team to solve any other issues you have!

Pros

I used Stripe to manage Saas recurring billing with a few unique models, and it handled each of them after some integration work. It is a very product/business friendly tool that makes it easy to spin up new SKUs/products, discount dynamically, and analyze your sales. Stripe also integrates masterfully well with other reporting tools. I appreciated the work they put into automatically handling security and authentication as well, as it eased the burden on development.

Cons

Stripe can be hard to implement without at least some domain expertise on the team, and if your model is non-traditional. Doing things like highwater billing or multi-SKU billing on software utilization (seats vs. instances) can be a real challenge, and require coding on your side to roll up the right numbers. However, these are edge cases, and the core product works exactly as described.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe Billing

Comprehensive product, maturity, ease of integration

Pam from Learn About Green LLC

Pretty much the service used by everyone for online courses

Difficult and time-consuming to figure out and set up. Took 2 days so far. I recommend that you use someone that already is set up with Stripe and does everything for you... Kajabi, Magento, etc. You will still have to set up the basic account, but hopefully these providers have step-by-step instructions specifically for their platform.

Pros

Excellent customer service, top notch! Detailed help (too difficult for me in most cases). Seems like the most reliable and security conscious, which is why I think all the course hosting platforms are using them.

Cons

They will process your customer's credit card, but you have to install a shopping cart. You can do this in multiple ways. I thought it was very very difficult to figure out which way is best. They have a shopping cart that has less features than competitors, and they also have another one that you have to be very technical to install. Stripe Checkout wouldn't install on my hosting provider for my website because their software is 7 years outdated. So I had to find someone else's checkout. No choice. Stripe has a list of checkout, carts, etc. But they are all mixed together. The one I chose from their list was not good, so I don't think they check them out very much.

Reasons for Choosing Stripe Billing

If everyone is using it, it must be the best. I think they are well known for reliability and security. I will be using them if I can find a shopping cart for them. So far, Zoho looks like the best shopping cart for me.

Zeeshan from PureVPN

Stripe easy integration

We are running Stripe On-Site and Stripe billing in parallel. With Stripe on-site we have good conversion and complete control on recurring transactions we can charge the recurring and apply the discount on run time by running a simple cron whenever we want but with Stripe billing you loose that control and you have to modify the recurring from Stripe dashboard. However Stripe billing provides you better conversion.

Pros

We were using Stripe on-site which increased our conversion rate and had hold on recurring transactions but to compare the difference between on-site and Stripe Billing we integrated the Stripe billing and found that Stripe Billing increased our conversion than the previous Stripe on-site integration. Stripe billing provides built-in dunning management.

Cons

You loose the complete control of recurring transactions and have to use Stripe dashboard to update the recurring transactions.

Stripe

We use this software all day every day to collect payments, and issue refunds if needed. It is amazing!

Pros

Cons

Honestly, we haven't found anything that we don't like about this software, it has worked well for us from day 1.

The standard for online payments

I've been very impressed by Stripe Billings offering and would recommend to others - it's really the standrd I feel.

Pros

I liked Stripe Bilings documentation and features the most. For documentation it's top notch, offing clear, easy to follow instructions and examples, really making an engineers life easier. The features Stripe Billing allows for are also industry standard and top notch.

Cons

Stripe does take a decent percentage of each transaction which can be hard to stomach, BUT in return you get a world class billing product, without having to worry about so many things yourself.

Matt from HD Media

Great product to do reoccurring payments

Pros

This software is great for setting up payment plans and reoccurring payments, it will collect payment and send the client an invoice

Cons

The only bit about this software that is frustrating is that it takes a while for the money to arrive in your bank.

Khaled from ShopGo

Pros

Eas of use, and having a mobile app made it much easier to track payments

Cons

there are some features that need technical knowledge to be implemented, like: "Update billing info Form"

Recurly was overpriced

Jake from FAEM

Great for MRR

Overall i'm happy with Stipe Billign and will continue to use it

Pros

We use this mainly for our MRR clients where we can set it up for the customer and forget it. Nice to not have to bill a customer every month.

Cons

I don't like that you cant pro-rate a month of service, this makes it difficult to keep billing dates consistent

Fantastic

it was convenient for running cards and it was fast

Pros

Cons

No cons really the support staff was great never a problem no wait time on the phone an always got the answer i needed

Craig from Lawyer.com

The best way to collect subscription fees!

I used stripe to handle a high volume of daily subscription charges and could not be happier with my experience!

Pros

Stripe is the most reliable subscription billing service in the game. If you have lots of subscriptions that you need charged / processed, then make sure to use stripe because they will make your processes simple, customized, and most importantly secure

Cons

I do wish that, if and when a credit card does not process through because of human error entering info wrong, all the card would not disappear. This is likely a security measure, however would make the user experience better.

Rachel from Financial Services

Stripe usage

Pros

We use Stripe billing everyday to process payments, and handle disputes.

Cons

One thing I do not like about this program is when it comes to our disputes. If we are to lose a dispute, we do not receive information as too why. It would be extremely helpful and beneficial to our company if we knew that information for future disputes etc.

Andrea from Sundreya

Stripe billing review

Overall this product is a breeze to use! I get email notifications all the time if there is activity and I get payouts quickly and efficiently.

Caitlin from Rebirth of Venus

Tricky to navigate interface but a better business option than PayPal

Pros

It is more reliable than PayPal for business use. I haven't had any account freezes yet (which had become an issue with PayPal).

Cons

The user experience could definitely use some work. The interface is a little tricky to navigate.

Reasons for Switching to Stripe Billing

PayPal froze my business account twice for no apparent reason and I could no longer rely on them for business transactions.

Sarah from Subscription Catalyst

Mainly use it for disputes, and it makes the process simple

Stripe Billing is easy to use, as it is all mapped out for you

Pros

Responding to disputes is very simple, time-consuming but there isn't much that Stripe can do about that part

Cons

Having to download every conversation with a customer via PDF takes a lot of time

Jeremy from Kinnek

Quality option for billing customers and collecting payment

I've had a very positive experience with all facets of Stripe billing from reliability and support to product improvements.

Pros

Very straightforward to setup and use. Support has been good and I'm impressed that they continue to add new features.

Cons

Can be a little cumbersome to manage and oversee billing for a lot of different clients. Could use some better tools to oversee things.

Jack from The Hop Review

Stripe makes payment processing simplified

Overall, even with the higher processing fees, it's hard not to enjoy the ease of use and seamless integration offered by Stripe.

Pros

The integration of stripe within current software and accounts is a very enticing element and makes deployment much more seamless.

Cons

The transaction fees are far and away the biggest deterrent to using stripe with payment processing and billing.

Neil from PPC Protect Limited

Easy to integrate, powerful features

Pros

Very easy to set up and a suite of powerful features.

Lokwatamoi from Dance with Loki

Effective and safe way to accept payments

It has been an excellent experience and I would recommend it to other small business owners like myself.

Pros

I think that it is trustworthy and has a good reputation which is essential for accepting customer payments.

Cons

I always consider cost and features. I think that Stripe is a good combination of both. I have zero complaints.

Matthew from Charlotte Counseling and Wellness

Industry: Mental Health Care

Set it and forget it

Pros

In my business, I have Stripe integrated with my scheduling software, so it basically runs in the background. And it's flawless.

Cons

I really can't think of a single gripe I have with Stripe.

Easiest, developer-friendly subscription solution

Stripe Billing powers our consumer subscription backend, and is an integral tool for us as we scale to more customers.

Pros

Stripe has been working on a solid subscription API for years, and their continued investment into Billing has been super helpful for us - we can easily set up a wide variety of one-time, recurring, and multi-plan subscriptions for our customers.

Cons

Very small nit, but when they first rolled out the product, pricing for existing customers was initially unclear, but the team immediately addressed that.

Powerful but fiddly to use

A very positive new product from Stripe to enrichen the Stripe offering with a more robust subscriptions system

Pros

Nobody can argue the power of Stripe Billing. It provides a subscription management and recurring billing layer over the top of Stripe's already great payment system. Things like emails to the customer based on triggers are all included here but everything requires coding via the Stripe API.

Cons

I would have liked to see a higher order product from Stripe to offer a self service membership management panel on a similar vein to Stripe.JS It still requires considerable time investment to learn over and above the Stripe API and there are not so many examples around yet. Dealing with edge cases with subscription management can also be tricky and for now remains an unknown in Billing.

koen from the vegan academy

Great tool for online entrepreneurs

I have agreat overall experience with Stripe. It was so easy to set up and the costs are definitely worth it. So far I haven't found an online billing system doing a better job then Stripe. I personally like them much better then Paypal.

Pros

What I liked most about Stripe is that it is so easy to set up at no initial costs. You don't need a bank account and it is super easy to verify. I was very pleased to find out about this option to run online payments for my business

Cons

The percentage being taken from meach transfer is a pretty high amount, especially when you run a lot of payments in definitely adds up. On the other hand it also worth is, because it is super secure and always works for me.

Sam from Kaathy

A must for SaaS start ups.

Amazing product for start ups who need recurring billing as there is no initial or monthly fee.

Pros

Free processing for up to $1 million Easily create multiple types of subscriptions Great analytics Easily integrated with accounting software and payment gateways

Cons

We have not had any problems as of this review to note.

Erica from Keystone Therapy & Training Services

Great for a Small Business!

Enjoy using the software and will continue to be a customer.

Pros

So easy to use and have your customers be charged without swiping or taking credit card info over and over!

Cons

Wish the fees were lower because as a small business every penny matters. Wish there was a different fee for small businesses.

Must-have payment processor

Pros

Exceptionally easy to use, great fees compared to competition

Cons

You cannot use Striped alone, but rather integrate with a third party to be able to bill your client. Havings said that there are so many integrations available that this does not really represent an issue

Alessandro from Spotlime

Great payment tool

Pros

Convenient way to accept payments worldwide at a fraction of what requested by other platforms

Cons

No issues. Integration was smooth and Stripe never created any issue with payments

Denise from VAMC

Over my head experience

Pros

Didn't like it. Too technical for a novice user, like myself. It was not user friendly for me.

Cons

Very technical, too advanced for a novice user.

Jeannette from Southern California Association of Nonprofit Housing

Easy billing and tracking

Pros

Easy to process and set up what is needed for billing

Cons

Less intuitive than other options and some advanced customization beyond the scope of average user

The best payment processor out there

Accepting payments is a breeze with Stripe. PCI compliance and 3DS2 / SCA is simply not an issue with Stripe

Pros

Stripe is just the best tool for accepting payments. Integration is super-easy, with powerful and well-documented API. Stripe is de-facto the standard when it comes to accepting payments online

Cons

Lack of support for PayPal payments is the only issue that we've seen. Apart from that, Stripe is super-reliable and very developer-friendly

Frank from Warrendale Detroit Blog

Industry: Online Media

Best option out there

Pros

Everything. I like everything about it. It's the simplest way of getting paid.

Cons

Too many people insist on using one of the other options.

Miguel from Ramos Auto Detailing

Stripe Review for Auto Detailers

Pros

It is super easy to get running and use. It has tutorials and forums to help you understand and a great layout which makes everything super accessible.

Cons

I have not found any cons. It is a great software.