What are SutiExpense users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using SutiExpense software through verified user reviews

• icon"The ability to itemize expenses provide great tracking of my Travel budget."
  • icon"Mobile receipt images and easy integration into expense report."
  • icon"It’s easy to learn and use. I like how it’s formatted and easy on the eye."
  • icon"Hate the fact that it doesn't remember my places and where I live so, I need to enter everything manually."
  • icon"The only problem I have run into was when I needed to take a pic of a receipt on SutiExpense App from my Android device and I was unable to do it."
  • icon"IPhone App is very unstable and shuts down often. Online usage gets annoying with many glitches leading to needing to repeat multiple times."

Browse all SutiExpense Reviews

• Have you used SutiExpense and would like to share your experience with others?

Rob

Easy and Functional

We were looking for a custom solution and Suti was able to meet that need. They were quick to respond and seem to always have a solution.

Pros

Ease of use. Suti was great to work with to meet our needs. Our end users love the multiple ways of getting receipts into the system.

Cons

I don't really have Cons, but if I had to come up with something it would be that the ADMIN section can be a little confusing. Could use more pop ups to explain what some of the settings actually control.

peter

Brought our Expense Process into the 21st century

Extremely positive. We went from a paper based form to fully electronic in a very short period of time. The change management aspect was easy compared to other changes we have implemented. Strong support from the vendor, a dedicated support person who understood our business. This has lead to us processing expense payments in a quicker and more accurate manner.

Pros

The ease of Implementation both from a user perspective and also the technical integration into Great Plains. Working with SutiExpense, we were able to get the product up and running in no time. They were able to implement the various tax processing we needed for Canada which other providers could not do or could not do easily. Pricing model was flexible and worked well for us enabling us to keep costs down.

Cons

We may still be in the honeymoon process but to date we have not found any real cons. We had some minor hiccups with the implementation but support from the vendor was very good and helped us work through the issues. Some issues with the approval process but most of these were due to staff not be fully trained.

Expensify and Emburse Nexonia Expenses

Reasons for choosing SutiExpense

We found the functionality to be similar for our requirements. Other products offer much more functionality but it was overkill for our needs. The additional functionality came with a higher price point and the business model would not support that. Was the most cost effective solution our organization.

Rob

Better than spreadsheets

Overall good, but there are several inconsistencies within the logic of the program.

Pros

It allows you to send receipts right to a holding place for consolidating later.

Cons

Sometimes a challenge to see or find receipts from tiny postage stamp size pictures.

Response from SutiSoft

Hi Rob, Thank you for your feedback! We understand it could be a bit difficult to see receipts only from a thumbnail image, which is why we offer a few different options to expand the view of the receipt. One option is to click on the receipt thumbnail image itself which will provide a pop-up with the full view of the receipt. Additionally, if you click on the edit icon in the My Receipts screen, a pop-up will appear with options to zoom in or open the full size of the receipt into a new browser tab for review. Throughout the environment, we provide the option to view the complete receipt, simply by clicking on the 'View Complete Receipt' button above the receipt image. With that being said, we are always open to new suggestions. Please feel free to reach out to us with any further feedback! Thank you, SutiSoft Customer Success Team

Jeff

Industry: Building Materials

SutiExpense is worth the expense

Pros

Ease of Use User Friendly Mobile app works great and allows you to review, approve and process expenses

Cons

Categories could be further broken down Editing in mobile app is a little cumbersome

Brian

end user functional review

I found it clumsy at startup, but after the first two or three reports I found it much more convenient than doing the old paper reports. Suti and I are friends now.

Pros

the 'app' version is surprisingly easy to use and friendly. I use this generally for creating new reports and submitting manual receipts for re-imbursement. I also like the ability to send receipts via email and use both the app submitted and emailed receipts when I create my reports. I generally do reports right away now when the expenses occur rather than accumulating them like I used to when I submitted on paper.

Cons

Managing the images is a little clumsy some times, particularly if I need to 'call out' two different expense categories on a single receipts. I would like to have the ability to 'annotate' the images, circle things, make comments on the image.. And I would like to be able to create my own 'categories' as long as I give a GL department and account. I submit a lot under 'miscl' and it's hard to annotate where it should be charged.

Geoffrey

Ease of use

Very positive, I would recommend it since it makes me save time.

Pros

I like being able to fill in my expenses while commuting or at the restaurant right away after getting the check. It is efficient and there is no more lost receipts.

Cons

On IOS once the photo of the receipt is attached, it becomes blurred and it is not possible anymore to double check it.

Denise

SutiExpense works Well

It is great the way it brings my expenses into Quickbooks, having all the expenses on one report to invoice clients is great as well, I used to have to import from several places to accomplish what this portal does

Pros

Combines many things I did manually into an easy reporting solution.

Cons

I can't say I have any complaints about the software at this time

Sara

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Using Suti for 3 years

Pros

Quick calculations and the options for multiple locations for one day,

Cons

When the destination is chosen sometimes the gps takes you 340 miles away instead of 16. Sometimes I have to put in a near address because the software doesn’t read the address. Also, sometimes the route back isn’t accurately the one taken

SutiExpense is easy to use

Fast and easy!

Pros

I'm able to quickly capture my receipts, upload them and submit a report while on the go!

Cons

Sometimes the date changed after i took a picture of the receipt. I had to go back and correct the date. I think they may have fixed this as it hasn't happened in a long time.

Mike

Easy to use, intuitive

Pros

I like that the mobile app allows fill functionality in claiming expenses. Its fast, hassle free, and easy to use.

Cons

There are no negatives, this is extremely easy to use and makes expenses painless.

Greg

Life just keeps getting easier

This makes my life so much easier. Personally, I keep all of my receipts in my wallet and at the end of the night or week I enter them into my computer, then open the report on my phone and take pictures of them. This allows my guests to leave the restaurants quicker. Everything else is emailed to me like plane tickets, hotel receipts, UBER or Lyft, hotels and rental cars and I can just attach when entering (pdf is best). This is the quickest way for me and I don't forget anything.

Pros

I can add to my expenses on the fly. I can save the receipt as a pdf and just attach it. Easy to go back and add or fix. I can attach multiple documents on one expense entry Very easy to identify the stage the expense is in as far as submitted and paid. The best part is I can do all of this from my smart phone. The new software is very impressive and easier to navigate. The new dashboard gives me everything, even what type of purchases I'm making (Amazing)!

Cons

Early on the entry would freeze (fixed now). The older software was not as easy to navigate, the upgrade is perfect. I wish I could just enter a dollar amount of a receipt somewhere and it would bring up other transactions that match that expenditure to identify if I am duplicating an earlier entry. It would be easier than the process it goes through verifying the expenses.

Reasons for switching to SutiExpense

Very archaic, slow and easy to miss stuff. Not enough columns (I entertain frequently so my expenses can be 30 receipts or more per week). SutiExpense has been a life saver!!!

Great way to track expenses!

It has save time for all of our employees to track their expenses.

Pros

SutiExpense is a great tool to track your expenses. The fact that you can do it on the computer or through the app it helps a lot. Sometimes is hard to keep all receipts save until you get home to get your expense report done, but using the app helps a lot because you can upload right away using your mobile.

Cons

As an administrator I wish the app could read the information on the receipts to help the users to avoid entering/typing the information as well.

Reasons for switching to SutiExpense

We were switching our HRIS as well to Suti

Betsy

SutiExpense Review

We wanted SutiExpense to treat the expense report submissions as a vendor transaction instead of an employee transaction. Approximately 800 volunteers were already in our financial software as vendors and they were submitting paper expense reports. SutiExpense support worked to make this happen, migrating the transactions from SutiExpense to the vendor database in our financial software. While this took several months to complete, we feel it was worth the extra time.

Pros

Very user friendly. We rolled the software out to approximately 850 volunteers and staff. Overall we have received very positive feedback on how easy it is to use and the quick turn around time to receive reimbursement. Prior to SutiExpense volunteers and staff submitted paper expense reports with receipts attached. Also, SutiExpense's willingness to work with us on the changes we requested.

Cons

That we couldn't default the GL coding based on the purpose of the expense report. We put this in a recent SutiExpense survey and we've received notification that they are working to make this happen.

Wendi

so easy to use-makes expense reports quick & easy

we now have a one-stop shop for our employees. they can submit their Pcard transactions AND their cash expense reports in this one program. We have gotten some great feed back from the employees as well on how easy it is to use.

Pros

as a user, this software is so simple to use and intuitive. As a program administrator and the one that trains the new employees, it makes life so easy. New employees seem to grasp this very easily. and we find that employees that find the software easy to use, will actually turn in the expense reports timely!!

Cons

our company's coding is a bit "intense" and therefore we do not encourage our employees to attempt to code via the phone app to avoid making mistakes. We do love the app for other features (especially the receipt capturing)

Dennis

Westrn Regional Sales Manager

This requires minimal time, I use to use excel SutiExpense is a time saver and allows me to do sales and not accounting. I have been using for two years and I can't recall any issues that were costly.

Pros

Mobile, Ease of Reporting and Ease of reviewing past reports & receipts.

Cons

When corporate adds new monthly mileage costing, I have to delete and reload the App for the new rates to be available.

Response from SutiSoft

Hi Dennis, Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that SutiExpense is saving you time! To help you save more time in regards to updates, instead of having to delete and re-install the SutiExpense mobile app, next time you can save some steps by simply navigating to Settings > Sync within the mobile app. This will automatically sync your mobile app with the updates that your corporate administrator has made. Thank you, SutiSoft Customer Success Team

Mike

SutiExpense Review

We are using SUTI for check requests and it is mostly working well and appreciated.

Pros

Suti- is a nice tool and I think it has some greater potential.

Cons

I wish it had the capability to copy previous Suti Requests to then edit and submit. For example: our organization submits monthly check requests so most of the information is the same, but unless I am not aware of a way to copy/edit previous submissions (which is highly possible) we have to start from scratch each time and that does take more time etc. Again, unless I don't know how to do this properly (which, again, is entirely possible), Suti doesn't seem to automatically populate or produce a pop-up with common and repeated data that is entered. For example: When typing in an address, it doesn't populate previously used addresses automatically, so we have to re-enter the same info. each month. Also, if you enter info. in the Address dialog box at the bottom of one of the screens, then save the Suti Request and exit, come back into it - a lot of times that address is either deleted or at least not complete.

Aaron

Use of Suti

Great option for easy expense managment

Pros

Easy to Use software. Like to use it on my phone

Cons

I don't like when I take a picture of a receipt on my phone that it stores these to my phone I have to go in and delete all of my receipts taking up space. Need to have an option that asked you if you want to save the receipts. Again, the point of having Suti is that you capture the phone and the receipts are saved on suti. I don't need them on my phone too.

William

Very pleased user!

Very, very please with the easy way to use this software. Makes reporting so much faster.

Pros

This has been such a great time saver for me because of not having to fill out paper forms, scanning them and then sending vouchers via email. I can do all my reporting over my phone and submit them as well.

Cons

I can't seem to find in the software settings on my phone to select one country where I live instead of having to select it every time I record an expense for my report. It is always returns to the US.

Response from SutiSoft

Thanks for your valuable feedback. The selection of country preference will be added to the mobile solution in a future release. We do have this feature in the desktop solution. Once you add the country under preferences on the desktop, it will automatically sync with your mobile app.

Replied August 2018

Stephanie

Overall very good experience

Pros

The phone app is great. I like the ability to email receipts. Once everything is in place, it is very easy to upload into QuickBooks.

Cons

Credit cards are a bit of a challenge, particularly for transactions paid for in advance. Additionally, there are some challenges trying to change expense categories. Often transactions must be deleted and then re-entered.

Ashlan

Industry: Airlines/Aviation

SutiExpense review

Overall Suti has been great to work with. We look forward to getting more comfortable with the software and would recommend the software to other companies. Your support team is great!

Pros

Our company really likes the real time of the mobile app and how user friendly it is.

Cons

When you select a date range to import transactions it wont pull your entire statement if the transaction or posting date is different. Wish you guys had on site training or are able to log in and screen share to make sure we are using the full functionality.

Reasons for choosing SutiExpense

It was user friendly and cost efficient.

Anthea

Streamlines expense reporting & approval, especially submitting receipts!

Very convenient for submitting expense reports, and I get an email for each submission & approval that lets me know where it is in the workflow. Even with the flaws, I'm very happy with it!

Pros

I love the way I can use the mobile app to build my whole report, snapping photos of the receipts with my phone as I enter each one. MUCH quicker than our old process, which involved tape and a photocopier...

Cons

The mobile app, at least on Android, currently has a glitch where it crashes if I try to backdate an expense. They're working on it, but it's a little irritating to need to log on to the desktop app to fix the dates, rather than just submitting from my phone. I've never gotten the hang of emailing receipts in to attach because the mobile app is so much easier!

Eugene

Expense Report Review

Good performance rarely have software issues and downtime with app

Pros

Simplicity of use of the app is welcome..

Cons

ICONS-- Would like to be able to move them around on bar.. Several fo them are not used by me routinely.. I would like to move the ones that I have in the order that I would like.

Response from SutiSoft

Hi Eugene, Thank you for your suggestion! Good idea about being able to change the order of the icons to your preference. We currently have this option available at the Admin level where the Administrator can set the order of the icons for all users, but we like the idea of being able to change the order to the employee's preference. We have submitted your idea to our Product Management team for review. Keep an eye out! Thank you, SutiSoft Customer Success Team

Ryan

August 2016

SUTI Is THE Answer to Expense Reporting and AP Management

Support has been exemplary. Any small issues encountered during our implementation were resolved within 1 business day; and assistance was clear and concise. The Software was easy to roll out to our team; with most staff able to self teach given how intuitive the platform is. The generic training videos are also a great tool; and the virtual training we received was terrific in walking through all the specifics.

Pros

General ease of use; Intuitive nature of product (both Mobile and Web based); Amazing support; Automation of our Firms Expense reporting and Reimbursement work flow.

Cons

Image capture makes turns each receipt into an individual page; which can be cumbersome with 20+ expense line items. Ability to merge receipts into a single page for print out (or in our case billing) would be a huge bonus (let me know if I just missed that part of the tutorial :)).

Rich

Time used: Free Trial

April 2013

Highly recommend

Pros

We vetted 6 providers before deciding to use SutiExpense. Suti support was a great project management assistance throughout implementation. They required weekly online meetings to keep the implementation moving forward with tasks assigned and reviewed each meeting. It was thorough and successful. Since service implementation, our users have found it to be easy to use overall. Besides the ease of implementation and user reaction, the other major plus has been the responsiveness of the support and programming staff. We have made numerous requests to make the service easier for our users and more effective for our cost controls. Almost every request has been incorporated. The end result has been a great addition to our system and a project that our IT department was commended for initiating and completing.

Cons

We literally had over a 100 requests for tweaks to their system / software service. These were items that are particular to our industry needs. To date, less than 6 could not be implemented in the current architecture. So we have no "cons" to list.

Katri

Very User Friendly for All Global Users

We find our card expenses are turned in more frequently as the users feel the phone app and processes are so easy.

Pros

Able to use across many currencies and countries without issue. The phone app is best a big win for our users.

Cons

Reporting across our 30 programs could be more robust as we currently run individual reports. Suti is working on a solution for us.

SutiExpense