All Time Tracker Reviews

Lauren

Marketing and Advertising, 11 - 50 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed March 2022

Doesn't Just Track Time - It Saves It!

Martin

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed September 2019

Expenses and Invoices are better tracked by Time Tracker.

All of our invoices, receivable payments and our expenses can easily manage without ant effort. It also allow me to create and make the best templates of expenses and recurrent invoices with also manage them properly. I can better track the time of billing and expenses and then receive the payments online. The invoices options and billing designs are so flexible by Time Tracker.

PROS

With the help of Time Tracker software, it is so easy for us to better manage all of our invoices by tracking the time billing and to create the customize invoices to get the payment transaction online in faster manner. It is a fully accounting and invoices software because it automatically manage our bank accounts and bank balance sheets assets. We are also able to send all of our invoices with payments to our customers. By Time Tracker, the scheduling of our payments with invoices and expenses are so great because we have a lot of controls about the information of our invoices. So, it is very easy to set up our operations, sales and inventory payments by this efficient software. The dashboards features really told me about my accounts conditions with excellent invoices and billing. If you receive your payment and send within a second, then you must need Time Tracker software.

CONS

The main drawback of Time Tracker software is that it does not have the ability to remind about the pending payments, sending invoices and receiving payments. It also does not provide the records of all the previous payments, contacts and store invoices but it has the ability to store the customer information for upcoming invoices, payments and accounts schedules.

Federico

Banking, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

A good solution to monitor / manage time

It is a fair and workable solution, but if the users keep complaining we will start looking for an alternative.

PROS

A good time management tool for a small / medium company. It does have a mobile app, therefore we can do the job on the go. A great feature is that we can have multiple timers. Unsend and re-submit card is possible, allowing error correcting.

CONS

Unfortunately, this tool is not so intuitive, so some users complain and request support even after training. Other users complain about the constant change in the UX. We have found some compatibility issues with Outlook and there is no CSV upload option.

Reason for choosing Time Tracker

We needed an app to quickly solve our need to manage consultants time.

Reasons for switching to Time Tracker

We changed the app because we needed a more robust solution.

Valentina

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Time Tracker Has Exceptional Features

PROS

Time Tracker is a great time tracking and management tool whose capabilities are exceptional. Time Tracker is easy to use and reliable.

CONS

I do not have dislikes for Time Tracker. Time Tracker works so well.

Benjamin

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2021

Used TimeTracker of a year but then switched away

TimeTracker was an adequate product for the year we used it but was ultimately insufficient for our company's needs.

PROS

TimeTracker was one of the few products on the market that actually fit our needs as a software consulting firm. Most importantly, it allowed tracking time entries against a two-tiered hierarchy of clients and projects and allowed free-text descriptions of time entries. We had been using spreadsheets previously and this was a substantial upgrade for us. Other nice features: * Ability to mark entries as billable and not billable * Ability for at least some users to be able to view and edit other users timesheets * Ability to mark projects as done, thus preventing people from billing more to them

CONS

Ultimately, we decided to move away from TimeTracker after using it for a year because of three big faults: 1. Incomplete API coverage. The TimeTracker API only exposed some of the data available in the system, and didn't allow for all types of modification. For example, you cannot retrieve a client's billing details via API nor can you edit a time entry. This is severely limiting in the addons that can be built to work with the product. 2. Inability to track/lock billed time entries. While this functionality is technically available as part of the invoicing features, the only way to use it is by generating an invoice. TimeTracker's invoice functionality did not meet our needs and the inability to track which time entries were and were not billed was a massive administrative headache for us. 3. Slow and occasionally buggy interface. A number of pages on the website load slowly. It can take a lot of clicks to do time entry or edit time entries. And there are obnoxious bugs in primary workflows. For example, when changing the project of a time entry, the activity filed gets cleared as well and a popup box must be cleared before you can proceed. As another example, when removing time entries from particular days, deleting the number of hours is not sufficient to clear the time entry.

Goerge

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Time Tracker: The Best Time Tracking Solution

PROS

Time Tracker is a reliable time tracking tool that has easy to implement features. Time Tracker is highly reliable.

CONS

I have no problem with the features of Time Tracker. Time Tracker is highly reliable.

Miguel

Marketing and Advertising, 1 employee

Reviewed January 2024

A good inversion.

In general my experience with this tool is very good. I've been trying various options for years, but I finally chose this one for its aesthetics, its good workmanship and, of course, its affordable price for self-employed people.

PROS

The best thing is that everything is synchronized from your mobile phone too, which means you never forget to track your time, wherever you are. It is easy to implement and the learning curve is quite low.

CONS

The only thing that is less appropriate for me is that sometimes the synchronization between devices takes more seconds than desired, which means that I don't have peace of mind until I see that everything is correct.

Reasons for switching to Time Tracker

Ticktick is an excellent task manager, but not very good at time management. Timeular is a good time manager, but it is too expensive for me.

Carla

Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 employees

Time Tracker: A Great Tool that Has Brilliant Features

PROS

I like how effective this time tracking software has been. Time Tracker is reliable and simple to implement.

CONS

Time Tracker functions so well. Time Tracker has no defects.

Gretchen

Food & Beverages, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Works wonders

I will definitely continue to use this at my company

PROS

Keeps everything organized and is easy to understand

CONS

Graphics could be more up-to-date but other than that, works wonderfully

Med Amine

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

Effortless Time Management: A Time Tracker Review

As a student engineer it manage my time

PROS

Time Tracker manage my time and projects

CONS

Mobile app's user interface a bit clunky

K Vasanth

Computer Software, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed May 2024

The new record keeping software

It was very good for the time I used. It was accurate with neat UI.

PROS

The features for the price are very good. Although I have not purchased them compared to price plans of other software present out there this is good.

CONS

I think more features can be added to make it stand out from rest of the apps like this.

Arielle

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

Owl Bookkeeping Time Tracker Review

Overall we have had a great experience with Time Tracker. It offers everything we need to run our business smoothly and keep our team and clients happy. It has been an integral part of our process as far as time tracking and invoicing.

PROS

We love this software because it helps is really capture time spent on a client. We used to struggle with people rounding their time up which was not an accurate representation of time spent on that client. Clients would get upset, understandably, and now we have been able to bill them the correct time spent on their account.

CONS

The only thing I can think of that I don't like about this software is that sometimes even though something is set to be non-billable, the billable box will still be checked off. Other than that, it has been a wonderful software for my company.

Reason for choosing Time Tracker

It offered everything we were looking for. Location tracking for attendance, syncing capability with QuickBooks Online and the time clock function.

Reasons for switching to Time Tracker

QuickBooks Time was just not as robust as we would have liked it to be. It didn't have an accurate clock in and clock out feature.

Claire

Online Media, 51-200 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Easy and Effective Time Tracking with Time Tracker

Overall, Time Tracker is an excellent time tracking software. It is simple to use and provides a lot of useful features. It makes it easy to keep track of time and manage projects.

PROS

Time Tracker is an incredibly user-friendly and intuitive time tracking software. It is so easy to use and makes tracking time for projects a breeze. It also provides lots of useful features, like setting milestones and tracking progress.

CONS

The only downside to Time Tracker is that it doesn't offer any integrations with other software. This can be a bit inconvenient if you need to combine data from different sources.

Reasons for switching to Time Tracker

Time Tracker is a great choice for time tracking compared to other software. It is much easier to use and provides more features than its competitors. It is also more affordable and offers more customization options.

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Great, Inexpensive way to connect to QuickBooks

An inexpensive way to accurately track your billable time and quickly get that info into Quickbooks.

PROS

We use Time Tracker in our video production company to track billable hours for all invoicing. This includes editing time, purchasing stock footage, equipment rentals, shoots, etc. All of this information needs to be accurately conveyed to Quickbooks in order for us to bill our clients appropriately.

CONS

Being a web-based product, there are sometimes when the software is down and you can't access the time tracker. This can cause us to lose track of billable time.

Reasons for switching to Time Tracker

They stopped supporting their own time-tracking software.

Irene

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed December 2021

Time Tracker review

Time Tracker was a good option for me as a freelancer. I used it for a while since it was the tracker my client at the time favored and had no real issues when working with it. I did not stick to it mainly because as a freelance I adapt to the needs and preferences of every client and not all of my projects require a tool as rich-featured as this one, but other than that had no issues with it.

PROS

- Easy to use, takes no time to get started. - Does not require training. - You can track time for different projects and clients. - Dashboards are clear and useful. - Helps to know how much time is spent on each project and client. - Clients can easily see how time was spent and what are you charging for. - Automatically saves time entries. - Helps to see which tasks take longer, evaluate productivity and performance. - Can be used in multiple devices. - Allows to easily correct errors. - You can download the app or use the web app.

CONS

- Did not love the UI. The design could be improved. - Several features I did not understand nor use. - It is not complicated to learn how to use, but some things could still be simplified.

Reasons for switching to Time Tracker

The client had a specific request for the team to use this tracker for the time we were working with them and their project.

Jeff

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Time Tracker and use with Quickbooks accounting integration

Very good and steady. Not a lot of problems over the years. It just works which is good. Convenient to setting up users with 'allowed' billing client accounts by using user permissions. It would cause us a major disruption if it were to have issues, or a break in usage, as we have become reliant on its good features and straightforward use.

PROS

Time Tracker is setup to be very convenient for Quickbooks users. It tracks employee time on a weekly basis for us, and has the Customers, Projects, and client class categories already loaded so the employees can put their time to each client. Then it integrates back, so that once a month or so, I as the administrator can update my Quickbooks through the web connection to get all employee time loaded back into Quickbooks. Very Very convenient, and has been rock solid over many years and even Quickbooks updates/new versions.

CONS

A little tricky to setup initially, needed help from the support group. 2 things - one, it was initially connected by a different means (more manual), but then shifted to the Quickbooks Web Connect means, and that has been good. The user for the Admin also had to be different (at least initially) that users entering time, and that created some angst. So when I set it up, my login was NOT my company email. Then its a little hard to reset that - and I don't really want to at this point. So it remains a little odd that it is using my personal email as the account owner/admin :)

Reason for choosing Time Tracker

This came recommended from Quickbooks, and the other electronic programs out there were not offering as integrated a system to Quickbooks. Even our payroll company has its own Flex timesheet entry application, but it does not easily integrate with Quickbookos. That is the best and most useful feature for me.

Reasons for switching to Time Tracker

The QB timer was slow and tedious because it was a manual time sheet process. Each employee tracked their own time using the Timer program. They needed to install the Timer app, and then had to Export their time sheet, and send it to me via email. Then I had to Import the timesheet (Excel format) into Quickbooks. Lucky I only had 5-10 employees. As the number of employees got to 10 it was extremely time consuiming and wasteful.

Arthur

Law Practice, 1 employee

Reviewed October 2018

Good Product and concept WHEN it works but POOR Customer service when it doesnt!

If I cant create invoices then it is useless to me. Fix your software and get appropriate support.

PROS

The software is good for time tracking and then it syncs with Xero so that I do not have to do any double entries. I am a single freelance user and it saves me time WHEN it works. When there are issues, and there will be, trying to fix them is time consuming. Customer service is practically non existent.

CONS

Poor customer support - When there are issues, and there will be, trying to fix them is time-consuming. I am currently on hold to the telephone support and have been for 23 minutes now. I have been called one (yes 1) in the queue for all that time. Seems they have no one on the support desk to actually take the phone call. Also waiting for the online support person to answer my question for the last 20 minutes as well. Trying to create an invoice for a client. Have over $1,500 in work to bill out but the create invoice function seems to only be picking up the last two entries and wants to create an invoice for only $39. Can't figure out why. All the entries are approved and fall within the selected date range. Last time I tried to an create invoice I had the same issue and support couldn't figure out why and just created the invoice for me but never fixed the issue. Guess what, the very next invoice I tried to create I have the same issue. Now its been 30 minutes and still on hold. Also, the online chat function disconnected "because it was idle for too long" while I waited patiently for a representative to respond. The representatives are probably overworked and handling too many issues at once I suspect.

Hello Arthur. Thank you for leaving your feedback here on Capterra. I apologize for the lack of proper customer support. We are better than that and there is no excuse. We are available Monday through Friday, beginning at 10am. Feel free to contact me directly at 800-851-0992 Ext 108 .

Replied October 2018