• Pros

• "It offers all the necessary features at a fraction of the cost of the options. I love the location tracking features and the reporting."

• "The software is user friendly and integrates effortlessly with our other software. The software helps us track our profits and resources."

• "Using timesheets as an employee is easy, the entries are a straight-forward input. Interface is clean and easy to use."

• Cons

• "Every once in a while the screen will refresh (might be my fault) and I'll loose what I've written."

• "Can be difficult to request time off. No Am and Pm have to change it yourself."

• "Once employee puts their leave request in, they cannot change it. It must be deleted (by the supervisor, if I'm remembering correctly) and re-entered."

Browse Timesheets.com Reviews

Danielle from Fern Tile Company

Great for tracking employees who work in the field! Easy to install and use on smart phones.

GPS tracking, Accurate time keeping, Ability to look back and refer to jobs worked on.

Pros

I really like the GPS tracking capability on timesheets.com. It helps to verify accuracy of where our guys clock in and out when they are in the field. It was very easy to install on their smart phones and they do not have any problems using it. It is very straight forward. Another great feature is the reports that can be downloaded - good for printing timesheets. Also, customer service is great! I've only worked with rep since we've been using the app (September, 2016), but she is very helpful in answering my questions. If she doesn't know the answer, she always gets back to me after researching it with her technical team.

Cons

We would like to use the Customer module of the app for our jobs, but our guys cannot assign a "Customer" to their day through the app. As a work around, we have utilized "Account Codes" and "Notes". The guys will chose the job name using an "Account Code" and in the "Notes", they will indicate the work that was done on that job for the day.

Tammy from Croyle's Quality Contracting

Great Support/Great product

Overall, I really like the software. It has everything I need, it just needs to be tightened up a little bit. Consolidate a few things. But for the most part, it's user friendly, works great for employees that are on the run, great reports that are easy to use. Live Chat is the BEST. The customer service is the BEST and the price is great. Overall, great product - very happy with it.

Pros

It is easy to use. Mobile features are great! The GPS tracking is super helpful. Lots of settings to personalize your needs. Two of the BEST features are the price and the customer service hands down. The reports are easy to use. Love that it is easy to track PTO. Currently, it has all the features that a business needs to track employees that are in very different locations that are not brick in mortar

Cons

There are a few things I would change. Setting up a new person. I would have all the setting necessary to get them in the system in one place instead of in different settings areas. The memo section needs to be visible on the mobile part, should not have to switch it desktop to see a memo. It would be great if employees could choose a PTO day from the mobile section and not desktop. It would be great to clock in once and choose a location and not have to clock in twice to list your location.

Reasons for Choosing Timesheets.com

It had more remote clock-in features and the price was great, and it was highly recommended.

Cassandra from Grace Behavioral Health Solutions

Timesheets for hire

The best experience is the ability to keep an accurate account of time tracking

Pros

I have to say, this is a not really difficult application but it keeps an accurate account of time tracking. You don't clock in unless you are in the building of facility you work and you are connected to the app itself. It has a tracker on the app that lets you know that you are in the correct place at this time and it clocks you in when you go to the app.

Cons

I don't like the fact that you have to go into the app just to check in. I fell like the employee should be able to manage the app better from their phone. If you don't have your phone, then you have to waste time to physically go to a computer to check in. I honestly love the time cards better than this actual app. It can become complicated because it only shows the iphone compatible and it does work under the android system but it compiles complications. If the employee has any other type of phone because not everyone has the best type of phone, they will have issues.

Response from Timesheets.com

Replied May 2021

Capterra ignored our pleas to remove this review. We can see the full name of the reviewer and their company name, and neither were ever users in our system. Also, we work fine on Android, contrary to the comments made by this reviewer. Our mobile site works on any browser. Please do not use this review in your evaluation of our service. Thank you!!

Jackie from Quickfee

Timesheets make it possible for us to get development hours for all our products since we couldn't get this information from Jira's out of the box time tracking feature. Finance is able to get these reports regularly and use them for Cap/Opex reporting.

Pros

We love how easy it is to setup resources and projects within the tool and how intuitive it was for the resources using it. We were able to run both the employee and project reports and they were pretty easy and straightforward. The tool is a standard alone tool that doesn't have to be integrated with anything and that makes it so much easier to use without worrying about integration cliches. The price point is very reasonable and available without extra additions that could possibly ballon the price.

Cons

I wish that we could run the employee and project report at the same time so that we can see each employee by project instead of one or the other. This could be a new feature added to the product but in no way a deterrent from the product.

Reasons for Choosing Timesheets.com

We are choosing Timesheets because of the price point, ease of use and a stand-alone product that doesn't need to be integrated to our existing products. Great customer service that started as soon as we signed up. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] made sure that I understood the product by giving me a walkthrough, answering questions and recommending best practices for the tool.

Catherine L from Catherine L.Dupuis CPA APAC

Great produce and customer service

Great people to work with, and a very good, super-functional program with simple, clear-cut reports. I am pleased to have started with Timesheets.com.

Pros

This was fairly easy to set up, with their staff transferring my client info in a report produced from my old time program. There were some small glitches, as with any new program learning curve, but the staff is very helpful, patient, and knowledgeable. We were up and running very quickly.

Cons

I dislike having to enter a reason for editing a time entry when I goofed, but understand that in a much larger firm this would be a great help administratively.

Reasons for Choosing Timesheets.com

Demo looked interesting and a good fit, sales people were helpful and knowledgeable, so I tried the free demo and liked it.

Reasons for Switching to Timesheets.com

Very poor customer service, overpriced since the switch from the original owners of the program when Abacus bought it (price more than doubled-with an abrupt decrease in customer service, and a new 3 year contract).

James from Upwire Electric LLC

What a flexible tool for tracking employee time

Our prior time recording system was so difficult to use and had hard and fast restrictions about when time must be recorded that my employees were frequently not getting their time in. With Timesheets I have no more complaints from my employees about how bad the timesheet software is to use and no more excuses for not getting their time recorded. It went from being one of my biggest headaches to one of the easiest administrative tasks of the week. My CPA is happier with this software as well.

Pros

The software is very flexible. My employees can use the clock functionality to compute their time or they can manually enter their time after the fact. I am notified about manual time entries and I am able to review everything entered before approving. Employees are happy with the software Rollout was very easy and the support from Timesheets.com for the rollout was great

Cons

When reviewing and approving time I feel like it is not as obvious to me of what the necessary steps are when something is unusual. It always works out, but it should be a bit clearer.

Reasons for Switching to Timesheets.com

The software was terrible. Repeated issues with employee logins. The interface felt like it was created in 1992. It behaved inconsistently and the features were poor.

Janet from Stanley Restoration

Excellent and prompt customer service!!

Again - customer service is the BEST!!! Never had a bad experience. Everyone is friendly, helpful, and prompt!!!

Pros

Ease of use! Very user friendly. I love that someone is always available by chat to answer my questions. Never have to wait, and they walk me through the process. Very friendly!!

Cons

There really isn't anything I would change at this point.

Reasons for Choosing Timesheets.com

Seem to address all our HR needs.

Reasons for Switching to Timesheets.com

It didn't have the features we were looking for. Not user friendly.

Jenine from Badger Plumbing, Heating & Mechanical Inc

Good employee time tracking app

This is a great app overall but it just wasn't the right fit for our company.

Pros

IF your willing to invest some time to set up the app it can be super helpful and make time tracking pretty much fool proof. Integration with Quickbooks was super easy. Importing customers and information from Quickbooks was also very quick and easy. Our employees found it easy to punch in and out and it keeps everyone honest. You don't realize how much money you are losing on payroll when you use paper time-sheets until you switch.

Cons

We are a plumbing and heating company so we do a lot of service calls. This app is great but for a service company wasn't what we actually needed.

Reasons for Choosing Timesheets.com

We chose Timesheets because it seems to be easy for all our employees to understand. Also because of the integration capabilities

Misty from Walls Financial Group

Love it!

I had such a great experience with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. I had so many questions during the implementation and she was just fabulous!

Pros

My favorite feature is having both a time clock and project time tracking in one system. Our firm had been previously using one software for payroll and one for tracking client billing. Having all the info in one system allows us to reconcile everything daily and monitor things more closely.

Cons

There is no app for ease of use on your cell phone, but it's not that bad we all can just go to a webpage to log in.

Reasons for Switching to Timesheets.com

We were having so many issues with Employees not entering their clients' billable time. We switched so we can review it weekly and in real-time.

SUZANNE from Inverloch CPA PLLC

Perfect for tracking your time for various clients, including interuptions.

Excellent product and training was perfect.

Pros

To be able to track time with timer and simultaneously pausing for interuptions like phone calls or emails

Cons

Nothing yet. Perhaps I will find something lacking eventually, but not yet.

Reasons for Choosing Timesheets.com

Timeslips too expensive and not as easy to use.

Reasons for Switching to Timesheets.com

Excel did not have the ease of use, nor the detailed projects.

Desiree from Fusion Productions Inc

Eliminated excessive paper handling

It's really revolutionized our client billing. I think we more accurately bill our clients and also more accurately detail the work performed. It is also nice to easily see how many billable hours we log in a day or week, helping us to become more efficient with our time. The biggest advantage for me is the huge reduction in paper. I once felt I was drowning in paper, now I can keep my project time, expenses and notes in one digital file. Goodby clutter!!

Pros

We eliminated paper time tracking sheets that were used for each project, needing to manually calculate time in / time out and add entries together for client billing. Using Timesheets project timers allows us to eliminate the paper and also calculates our project time for us. That we can also assign notes to each time stamp keeps us better organized and enables us to recall exactly how our time was spent on each project entry, which we can then use to be more detailed in our client billing and showcase the value for time spent. Time entries can also be entered manually which is nice during times when interruptions are frequent. Time editing is also allowed.

Cons

I wish the time stamps included the ability to view the exact time you started and ended a timer, not just the accumulative time. On occasion I may forget to stop or pause a timer, leaving it running in the back ground. I may be aware I finished up around 5pm but with no starting time to review, it makes it difficult to estimate the actual time spent on an individual entry.

Nona from Island Steel Erectors, LLC

I am so grateful for this program finding me!

Pros

+The ease of control as the admin-I can see everyone's entries and edit where necessary. +The mobile feature-my foremen can enter their time whenever it is convenient for them and I see their updates immediately. +Producing reports are so easy-it has cut down the sorting through our many Excel sheets to add up our project times by 1000%. We are a small company and did not want to sign up for expensive construction PM programs. This does the job for us without the high expense. +I also use the reports feature to calculate payroll hours...instantly-this has also saved me many hours. +Chat support is instant and they are very helpful and knowledgeable.

Cons

-There are very minor details that TS could work on, when I run into them, I contact their customer support via Chat and make my suggestions. An example of one feature I have requested is that they add a line item displaying the date range on their 'Payroll By Account Code' Excel Reports. I can enter this in manually with no issue, it would just be convenient if it were already on the report itself. I already contacted customer support regarding this and she said she would send my request to the engineers of the program. I hope to see this feature updated, if not, I will continue to use this program and manually enter the date range. It is not a show stopper. I would be extremely sad if this program every closed down, can't live without it now.

Julie from Live Baltimore

Timesheets.com is a stand-out for its ease-of-use and stellar support

Pros

I was looking for a simple time tracking program so that my employees could enter daily time and track paid time off accruals. I figured we would get something that would be fine, without all sorts of "extras". Instead, we found Timesheets.com to be a robust, fantastic service. I was amazed at how much we could customize (and how much the Timesheets.com support team could customize for us). It is a simple program for my staff to use; we didn't get bogged down by having to learn something complex and yet it does exactly what we need. As an administrator, it is refreshing to use software like this that just does what you want it to! Sometimes I think software development companies put too much into their products when I just want something simple. Timesheets.com provided the best of both worlds - a really good service that was clear, concise, and easy to use.

Cons

Once or twice there was an issue with the expense reports feature - it seemed to calculate the total amount in an employee's expense report differently on the report page vs. the dashboard page. However, this could also have been an issue with how I was displaying the report! It never became enough of an issue for me to report it or figure it out. That's the only thing I can think of that wasn't great.

Robbin T from Gator Storage

Industry: Warehousing

MORE SMOOTHLY RUN BUSINESS WITH THE BEST SUPPORT

Pros

We have been using Timesheets.com for at least seven years now. I spent a lot of time shopping around and then had a chance to spend some time talking to Joel on the phone who is the owner. He was so helpful and patient with me so I decided to give them a try. I especially wanted an internet based timesheet program where my staff could post hours, and then our accountants could log in and get the hours twice a month to process payroll, without my involvement as the owner. It runs by itself, and the people who need to use it can do their thing without bothering me. What I like most about this service is that: 1. The customer service is some of the best I have ever seen. If I ever have any problems they are always there to help me and I normally don't have to wait at all. You can tell this is a service oriented business and they care about always making sure their customers have any kind of support that they need. 2. Another feature I really appreciate is that you can set the program so that your staff can't sign in earlier than they are supposed to, and that has been an issue at our place from time to time. To summarize I would say that this program is an example of how technology can make your life and business run more smoothly, while having the best service and support at the same time from real, intelligent and helpful people who care. I highly recommend Timesheets.com to anyone who is looking for a good, solid timesheet program to use for their business.

Cons

I can't really think if anything offhand, but I also don't use the program myself.

Customizable!

Our onboarding to the product was a great experience. The Timesheets.com team made themselves very available to answer any/all of our questions, and took the time to understand our needs from the system before providing recommended solutions. Support for training new users of the system was great as well. Since I'm the admin, I figured that I would be the person responsible for training new users, but the Timesheets.com team offered to take care of that for me!

Pros

I work at a non-profit and some of our funders require a number of employees to report where they are spending their work time. What's nice about Timesheets.com is that you can create departments in which employees can associate their time, but also projects as well. Employees are expected to dedicated specific amounts of time to certain initiatives each week and Timesheets.com allow employees to copy over hours week by week and adjust from those amounts. My employees love this feature. It saves them time from reinputting info in that stays constant week over week.

Cons

I did run into one bug while using the software, which Timesheets.com's tech team is working to resolve right now, but in general, for reporting, you can report on employee, by date range, by signed time and approved time. If signed electronically, the report show that the employee (named) and supervisor (named) electronically signed. But in the instance where an employee is also a supervisor or other employees, the report doesn't name them.

Scott from PM2 Strategies

Great for Government Contractors

Customer support is very responsive, and you can reach them through either a phone number or chat box that are both easy to find on the page.

Pros

Very few products meet the government DCAA requirements for time tracking, but Timesheets.com does. There are some very expensive options that might be appropriate for large companies, but for a small (<10 employees) company, those options are not acceptable. Timesheets.com is affordable for a small business and has the features needed for government contracting. The user interface is fairly easy to learn. Employees can enter their time either from a laptop or their mobile device, which is convenient. Some websites that review these tools say Timesheets.com has no "app", which creates the false impression that you can't use it on your phone...you can use it on your phone by pointing your browser to the www.timesheets.com website, which has a layout set up for mobile devices.

Cons

As a government contractor in a project-based work environment, the tools for setting up a project Work Breakdown Structure with multiple levels are fairly limited. The tools are good enough for a small business with project structures that are relatively small and simple, but are too limited for complex projects with a complicated WBS structure. I wish Timesheets.com would upgrade those tools.

John from Optimum Technologies LLC

Industry: Defense & Space

Fantastic and Flexible Timekeeping (and more) Tool for Small Businesses

The three biggest issues that Timesheets.com solved for us were: 1. It moved us away from manual (home grown Excel spreadsheets) that were prone to errors, typos, and unintentional formula changes. 2. Can be DCAA compliant for government and government contractor customers. 3. Saved us a ton of time each month when performing payroll and invoicing functions.

Pros

Just about everything. We sampled five other timekeeping systems (four of which were higher priced) and nothing compared to Timesheets capabilities and flexibilities. We are a small engineering services company with a distributed work force. We were looking for a web-based tool that was able to track our time against multiple clients, projects, and codes within certain projects. We also wanted an easy to use interface for entering time on phones and tablets. Lastly, we were looking for a tool that could be DCAA compliant when required for certain customers/projects. Timesheets hit every criteria out of the park and then threw in bonus features like a company calendar, flexible reports, etc. Another outstanding feature is the ability to enter billing and pay rates based on specific customers, employees and/or projects. This feature alone has saved us multiple hours each month when running payroll and invoicing customers. The price point and features are unbelievable! It more than pays for itself each month. Although the tool is intuitive to use, they also provide online tutorials and unlimited tech support when needed. Did I mention that the customer support is actually helpful and competent? I have already referred several other small business owners to this platform.

Cons

I really have no negatives to highlight. I typically am a relatively harsh reviewer of products. This one doesn't warrant a single negative.

I am using Timesheets.com for my salon and it's been extremely efficient and easy for me & the team.

Ability to easily capture employee hours and monitor online. Ease of use, for me as the administrator and for my employees.

Pros

I really like how straightforward it was to set up for my employees, and how intuitive and easy it is for my employees to use everyday. It took them very little time to get accustomed to it, I feel confident their hours are being accurately captured, and it's easy for me to monitor and approve hours from wherever I am. I also really appreciate that it has an IP Lock feature; with many online systems that's not available or comes at a premium. Though I have a solid team, it gives me extra peace of mind to know my employees can only clock in and out from the salon computer. I have really appreciated the outstanding customer support I've received, from the time I was just considering using it (they answered all my questions), through setting it up, and even after I started using it, they called multiple times to check in to see if I had any questions or needed any further assistance. That's amazing service, especially considering I only have a few employees, so I'm not a large account for them. They truly care about every single one of their clients having a great experience with their product.

Laurie from Denver World Affairs Council dba WorldDenver

New user impressed with customer service

I struggled a little with understanding what the reports were and which I needed. But customer service answered my questions, walking me through how to get the information I needed, quickly and efficiently.

Pros

It's fairly intuitive for employees to put their time in and figure out how to code it.

Cons

The leave function is clunky. Once employee puts their leave request in, they cannot change it. It must be deleted (by the supervisor, if I'm remembering correctly) and re-entered. Also, supervisor must go into leave and approve the requests, and cannot do it while approving the time worked entries. I struggle with getting the supervisors to do this task because it's not intuitive. Also, you can only have one pay period, so if you have both salaried and hourly employees and they need different pay periods, you must do one manually. It's not awful, but another thing to remember to do.

Reasons for Choosing Timesheets.com

I was not here when the decision was made and am a fairly new employee.

Jodie from Chippewa Pharmacy

It works good, but there are employees that always say they 'clocked in' but it doesn't 'register'

I would tell people what system we have but I have nothing to compare it with. So I wouldn't be a lot of help for other people

Pros

The main page is nice with the list of employees; the ease of seeing who is clocked in and who is clocked out

Cons

for the senior people it is harder for them to learn. I don't know if we need a security question and all that. it is just a time clock

Response from Timesheets.com

Replied January 2018

HI Jodie, I saw your comment about clock punches not 'registering'. This simply doesn't occur, so please call us the next time you think this happened. We have a full audit trail and a breadcrumb tracking ability. Usually when employees report clock punches that didn't take, it's user error. Most of the time they just forgot, and we can tell that because there's no audit trail showing they even logged in. Occasionally the audit trail shows the employee logged in but never punched the clock. This is far more rare. In most cases, it's just a simple case of forgetfulness, but we can certainly prove this if we get a chance. Call us the very next time it happens with the name and date and we'll show you exactly what transpired.

Jacob from AT&T

A perfect software to have control of your employees.

This software has helped me to maintain control within my work team, that if it is true that it has its faults in terms of the modification of the times, but the truth is that when you have a work team that you trust and with the accounts, these aspects become irrelevant, as I said before has been quite useful to keep a real follow-up of each employee and according to the data there exposed to be able to take actions either favorable or negative.

Pros

Timesheets is a fairly simple software and the things that I like about it is that it allows me to have a general control of my employees, since it has a name established by the administrator previously and thus to have control of when employees work, what days have missed, the hours of arrival and departure, review of the performances of all members. Another thing that I like a lot and is essential in this software is how simple it is, and what is online therefore all this data does not have to be stored in computers and can be consulted from anywhere.

Cons

One of the aspects that I do not like very much is that the site totally depends on the honesty of the users and this can sometimes be wrong since employees can modify their times, but for the rest I think the objective of the software is quite successful and that can be quite useful.

Amy from Nabler LLC

Overall, Timesheets.com has been a great solution for our company.

Pros

I like the fact that I can run any reports I need, based on whichever variables I choose. I also like that I can set cost and bill rates for each person, and for each project. That flexibility is important in a consulting environment.

Cons

I would really like the ability to copy profiles or create profile templates for setting up new users. It's tedious going through each new user profile to set all the parameters and permissions, when they are the same as many existing users. I would also like to be able to give supervisors access to view specific employees, even if they are not under their direct chain of command. Or for them to be able to view all hours entered for a specific project. (Often, the person managing a project is not necessarily the supervisor for all employees on the project. But they still need to see all hours entered for that project.)

Erika from DOD Services

Great Software

I have really enjoyed using Timesheets. It is super easy for my staff to catch on with very minimal training. I love it's ability to track PTO and it's a really great value.

Pros

It is easy to use and requires very little effort from employees. It is also an inexpensive option that works better and has better customer service than more expensive competitors.

Cons

It isn't the prettiest to look at but it is so functional.

Reasons for Choosing Timesheets.com

The price at first but then after a terrible experience at another company with T-sheets, I knew I made the right choice.

Reasons for Switching to Timesheets.com

Switched our accounting over to Quickbooks so it seemed logical to switch over time tracking too.

Michael from Frametechs

Frametechs

Or use it to keep a record of all of my jobs I really like how I can break down the jobs per person and it allows me to know where I am financially in real time. Every time I have had a problem setting someone up or Working with the program I have been helped out by someone on the phone and they were very helpful. I do recommend it to everyone I work with

Pros

It is very easy to use and when I need assistance I get it right away

Cons

Sometimes it can be difficult loading a new person on to the program

Response from Timesheets.com

Replied February 2017

Thanks for the review, Michael. Actually we do have a simple solution for your problem with new hires! You have a feature enabled even though you're not using it, and hiding it from view will make the project time sheet the default login view. I will contact you offline to show you where to turn it off. That will solve your new hire training problem.

June 2016

Cynthia from 1Source HR

June 2016

Clocking in and Out

Our company has used Timeclock.com since 2011 for both salary and hourly employees. We were able to merge the information/reports with the time clock to our payroll system.

Pros

What makes the software so worthy is the simplicity for both the employee & employer to be able to track hours, notes, vacation and etc. One of the features I really like are the reports that are available. One additional bonus to having this software also includes the archived information on each employee for the hours worked while employed with the company.

Cons

There is nothing to dislike about this software because I feel that the options available make it so easy to setup a new employee.

Response from Timesheets.com

Replied June 2016

Cyntha, We appreciate you taking time to review our product after all this time. Reviews definitely seem more relevant today than they might have a few years ago. Thanks again. Each review means a lot to us.

Annie from VISCC

Amazing Product

I would recommend Timesheets to anyone and everyone. It is the best time tracking software out there and integrates beautifully with QuickBooks. Solved my problems wonderfully and is much cheaper than the other software options out there!

Pros

Timesheets is easy to use, it integrates smoothly with QuickBooks; It is inexpensive. It has all the features I need - including mileage and expenses without charging me extra fees unlike other popular and similarly named software. And when I needed mods, they were quick to add them. Their customer service is outstanding! They were with me every step of the way installing and making sure that integration was smooth and seamless. They ran through my first couple of payrolls to ensure everything worked perfectly. They followed up with emails and phone calls as needed to make sure that everything was working smoothly. My team has never had any issue using Timesheets. It is simple to use on any device, from anywhere.

Cons

The only thing I would wish for if I could have a wish is maybe a few more reports or that I could customize some reports. That's it. Otherwise I think it's perfect.

Dina from People People

We have had a great experience with timesheets.com in the 3 years we have been a customer.

It helps us see how much time we are spending with our customers. Since they are billed for a certain amount of hours per month. It is critical for us to know where our time is going so we can bill appropriately.

Pros

It is very easy to set employees up and add customers. We were able to add special tracking items for our customers to help us track exactly what time was spent where. The reporting feature is easy to use to run reports for different time periods and for different customers. It is easily downloaded to other formats. The website is always available, we have never had any trouble with logging in to access it. The cost is very inexpensive for the functionality you get.

Cons

No problems with anything so far. I do have to archive people when we add new people just to stay within our licenses though.

Stacey from PeakGroup.Insure

Simple, Straight-Forward Product with Great Customer Service

Overall, Timesheets.com allows us to track our employees time in a simple, but effective format. And while they may not have all of the bells and whistles of some of the newer time clock software options out there, they do have unparalleled customer support. We have tried others and trust me the added features without the support only equal added headaches. We're glad we're using Timesheets.com.

Pros

The customer service is top notch. The team does not make you feel like an idiot if you don't know simple tasks and they don't put you on hold for an hour if you have more complicated questions. You get straight-forward service whether that is assistance with a real person through the chat bot or more hand -holding service on the phone. Additionally the product itself is simple. While there isn't an app, it's very easy for the team to clock in and out and edit time as needed as well in the browser. They can enter their own PTO requests and I can view them individually or in the calendar mode to compare against who else will be out that day.

Cons

There is no app and it doesn't integrate directly with the payroll service.

Kevin from Advanced Medical Billing, LLC

We were in desperate need of way to track employee time. It needed to affordable & easy to use.

Affordable solution that lets us manage employee time effectively, allows us to create useful reports, keeps employees honest with their time cards.

Pros

Timesheets is a feature rich solution that has allowed us to effectively manage employee time and reporting. It's very easy to configure and manage. It's great at tracking PTO and expenses. One of the features that we find most valuable is the ability to limit access by IP address. Our employees can only clock in/out when they are physically in our office.

Cons

There's not much negative to say about an affordable service that gets the job done with a minimal learning curve. One thing that I feel it lacks is a dedicated mobile app. Timesheets offers a mobile version of their website, but a dedicated mobile app would be a welcomed addition.

Shannon from Plexus Health Solutions, Inc.

Great product, never had a problem

Timesheets.com made it much easier to track employee and project time and record expenses.

Pros

It is easy to use, employee and timesheet setting options are more than enough for our needs, support has been great the two times i had questions, imports data to Quickbooks easily. I also like that we can track all expenses, such as, mileage, we can create and track multiple project time at once and use it from anywhere and upload backup documents.

Cons

In the three years we have used this product we have never experienced an issue with functionality or accesability. I guess the way they charge is not ideal. They charge by numberof users but only in groups, so if we have 5 users and need 1 more we would have to pay for 3 more users in the next tier.

David from Aesthetics Hawaii

Great customer service.

Excellent

Pros

I appreciate that customer service is responsive, professional and helpful. Whenever there are software or bookkeeping problems that I need resolved - the answer has been available via the customer service rep and the Timesheets software. I realize setting up TimeSheets the right way in the beginning is so important. Especially for automated vacation/PTO accrual. Having this set up does take some thought but it makes it accurate and clear for both the employer and employees. Being able to print reports of employee hours is a great tool.

Cons

It did take time to get used to the software and set it up but it's worth it.

Teresa from CornerStone Ear, Nose & Throat

Great Customer Service

The customer service is unbelievable. I have been in this roll for 18 years and worked with many vendors and I have never had this great of service. I spoke with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] this morning and in less than 2 mins., I had the answer I needed. He was patient, helpful and helped to educate me which will save me time. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was professional but, very personable. He is a great asset to your company!

Pros

As with any new product, there is a small learning curve but, I am learning something new each day. I wanted ours to be simplified and I have found the right product.

Cons

There is nothing difficult about this software. Once I learn more about the software, I may have a recommendation at that time.

Reasons for Choosing Timesheets.com

Our accountant recommended it and stated how his other clients liked using Timesheets.

Reasons for Switching to Timesheets.com

Unable to speak with a person or if I left a message, they never called back. Also, their costs continued to skyrocket.

Marion from Marion Miller & Associates

Excellent customer service.

Pros

Customer service is OUTSTANDING! As a business owner, I only need to use the system when my office administrator is off, which means rarely. So every time I use it I have questions and every time our reps sign in and walk me through the process. Customer service is outstanding, always available, kind, helpful, productive and quick to reply. Honestly, if I was a regular administrator I would find the system very easy to use.

Cons

The PTO and Vacation accrual does not calculate the same as our Handbook. However, the reps consulted with me so we could implement a workaround. It was a good solution.

charles from cvs

Timesheets.com is a fantastic program for anyone that is looking for a website that is easy to manag

great website program

Pros

What I really like best about Timesheets.com is how accessible and user-friendly this software is. I have had no problems using this software for business use. I also really like that the Customer Service is very helpful whenever we have any problems or delays. It's not that common to have Customer Service representatives go out of their way to help and support you when encountering an issue with their software, but the customer service reps at Timesheets.com go way above and beyond to make you feel like an appreciated customer--even after the issue has been addressed and fixed.

Cons

There wasn't anything we disliked, and our company decided to try something else based on a recommendation from them. If we have to say something that wasn't helpful. I would have to say that it did not correctly track vacation hours. But it is possible that it offered that option, but we were unable the option. I really just done have anything negative to say about it.

Adam from Amazing Magnets

I needed an inexpensive solution and their customer service won me over.

Pros

I like that my employees are able to submit time off requests and I am notified quickly. It is overall easy to set-up more employees on the account, it does not take a large amount of steps or walk through. Timesheets has been a time friendly way for a small business operator as myself to create a solution.

Cons

I would like for Timesheets to integrate a standalone time-clock system to work with their software. I do not like the fact that my employees have to log into a computer to clock in. I would also like for the employees vacation/PTO time to have two separate columns, one that states what they currently have in the bank and one that shows what they have in the bank minus any approved time off requests. It is currently hard to track if the employee is accruing time off correctly compared to their pay-check stub.

Pamela from Siena Analtyics Inc

Great customer service

Timesheets.com has met the needs of our company. The customer service has exceeded our expectations. There is always a live person answering the phone or the chat. If the problem is too complex to be answered via chat then that customer service rep will ask to call and will. This team goes above and beyond to answer questions, identify problems, and fix mistakes that the user may have made.

Pros

The software allows our employees to enter their project time and/or hourly time efficiently. It allows the appropriate employees to be able to run payroll, keep track of vacation, holiday, comp time, and expenses efficiently.

Cons

The hardest part is not having hourly and salary time integrated into one viewing area.

Brian from Malthandling

Overall happy

Pros

From a web browser, the site works great. I like the simplistic report generation and the organization of the archived timesheets.

Cons

The interface of the website on a mobile device is not ideal. Unrelated to the mobile device, sometimes when reports are ran, it will automatically charge 1.5x the OT rate even when using an account code on a weekend. I originally thought it was due to the formula to start paying OT after a certain accumulation of hours, but I set that to a limit that has never been reached-so I don't understand why it occurs. My work around is to edit the timecard and use the regular rate, so when the program calculates 1.5x, the amount is correct.

Laurie from Wordsmith Pros Inc.

Industry: Writing and Editing

Intuitive software that doesn't require a lot of instructions for me (or my staff) to use.

I complete payroll and track employee/contractor volumes by form reviewed.

Pros

I like that there is always help when I do need it. Very problem-solving oriented support team! I have only positive experiences every time I have either a simple or complex question. They take the time to try and understand my business and the underlying goal that I'm trying to accomplish.

Cons

The only thing I don't love is that we use the supervisor feature so that our contractors can see their rates per piece - but that leaves me a little vulnerable. Since they are input as supervisors, they can also change the rates on me. I bet we are unique in requiring this feature for non-supervisors, however.

Taku from Beautologie

Great service!

Excellent!

Pros

Great customer service and great product!

Cons

The only thing I would add is a more robust and easier to use scheduling module.

Easier to use

Jay from KJR Drafting

Industry: Architecture & Planning

As a small business owner, to find a software source with fantastic support at a low cost is amazing

A system that works !

Pros

The flexibility of its Report capabilities is outstanding. I can generate reports quickly and in multiple different ways to suit different projects & my own personal queries. Its easy for my staff to enter their Timesheets as they finish each project or at the end of each day. Being Cloud based it doesn't matter where I am, on what PC or Tablet I'm working from - it just simply all works & its all there ! What more needs to be said ! We love it.

Cons

Probably due to my own lack of understanding, but in when a Staff member leave & I archieve their data, some of those projects continue to be worked on, but the departed staffer's times aren't included unless you delve deeper to activate their times (which depends on you remembering the time period they worked to & from).

Kim from Complete Bookkeeping Plus, Inc.

Their chat support is wonderful. They respond quickly and helpful.

Allows me to track work done by my remote workers, process paychecks more quickly, and provide historical data on specific projects.

Pros

The program is intuitive and offers what I need. There are a number of reports available and customizable in so many ways. The clock in and clock out buttons are conveniently placed. The time entry screen is compact and allows space for making long notes.

Cons

Setting up an employee is the only thing I have needed assistance with and this is only because I add an employee so rarely. There are lots of options available to cover virtually any setting you could want but it can seem be a little overwhelming.

Wendy from Huntington HealthCare

Great features & customer service!

Pros

The software is very intuitive and user friendly. I didn't have to spend much time training my employees to navigate through all the features. The pricing is very competitive and the customer service representatives is very knowledgable and helpful to answer my question in timely manner! I am very happy to switch my timesheet tracking service to Timesheets.com!

Cons

The only thing will be my staffs sometimes mention that it will take a few minutes to log in each morning because it takes some time to start up the PC and lunch the login page, versus if it's a machine they can log in as soon as they enter the office. If there is a way they can log in with their smartphone but strictly limited on office premise only, that will be perfect.

Response from Timesheets.com

Replied June 2018

Hi Wendy, There's definitely a way to do that! Call us - it's simple and fast. I will email you a the answer as well! There's no software to download or anything. It will just work based on your office IP address.

Timesheets Timetracker

Pros

Timesheets helps me to stay organized throughout my day. I like that this software is intuitive and user-friendly‚Äč. It makes life very easy for me by providing a simple to use platform for me to manage client project billing. I also like that I can view historical data so that I can stay accountable for my tasks and also to identify the projects that need to be managed more efficiently.

Cons

The only downside for me is that time tracking is still a very manual process and Timesheets does what it can to automate the process but there could be more automation features implemented.

Ali from LUMEOVA

Industry: Semiconductors

LUMEOVA Feedback

Overall, we have had a positive experience with TimeSheets.com time tracking solution. There was a learning curve in setting up the different features of the on-line tool and learning how to use them properly. If you are looking for areas for improvement, you might want to consider an interactive (interview) process that enables the company designated administrator to set the various features optimally for the company. I assume for most companies such as ours, the administrator is not necessarily an expert in time tracking systems and could use the interactive tool. Thank you.

Pros

Ease of use Mobile access Audit-proof for companies working with government contracts Cloud-based vs. local server based

Cons

Setting up the features for a novice administrator is not straight forward It seems that there is no distinction between "Approving" a time sheet entry and "Allowing" the entry for edit by the employee. If the employee makes an error entry, there should be a way for him to quickly correct it without requiring the supervisor to "allow" it.

Jose from Intelligent Design Energy

Time Tracking Made Easy

Timesheets.com is just want we needed to solve all our time tracking. We have not needed the payroll services but when we do, you can bet that we'll be using Timesheets.com.

Pros

Timesheets.com is super easy to use. It offers all the necessary features at a fraction of the cost of the options. I love the location tracking features and the reporting.

Cons

Its all browser based. It would be great to have an ap that was not just a redirect and did not require constant logging in.

Reasons for Choosing Timesheets.com

None provided the value that Timesheets.com did. Set up was a breeze and support if phenomenal.

Latoya from Tucker & Associates SBA LLC

Easy Time Sheet Recorder

I am an accountant for several small businesses. One thing small businesses do to track employee time is to record it using pen and paper. In order for the small businesses to run more like a business, I always suggest they use this system to record employee time. It helps reduce the ability to change time once clocked in and out by the employee but allows the employer the ability to change any discrepancy with times. It is easy to use and helps small businesses watch their employee times. One additional feature it allows is the ability for employees to request off. Most small businesses usually are just word of mouth but this system allows all employee time and requests to be better tracked and recorded. It's not expensive and works just like a time clock without having a time clock in the office.

Pros

I like that it tracks employees time. It's a time card that is easy to use, that is not on paper, and not expensive for small businesses.

Cons

Being that it really only for time sheets, I say the con is that it is limited in what it can do for small businesses.

Jessica from RMC Consultants

Simple and Easy

We had employees who were not reporting accurate time prior to using timesheets.com. Now that we have been using it for over a year we have had less and less time mismanagement.

Pros

Easy integration with our accounting software. Employees have found the site easy to navigate and use. We now have accurate clock times for employees whereas before employees were using paper tracking with no actual time clock.

Cons

Well thought out site and easy to use, haven't found any major issues with this program. My employees would like to see an app associated with the desktop version.

Molly from Paradigm General Contractors

Very prompt service

Pros

Ease of use and prompt service. Why the character requirement for this entry?

Cons

Mobile option not obvious enough. Again why the character requirement on this entry?

Response from Timesheets.com

Replied March 2019

I have to admit it took me a minute to understand the criticism in the cons. You complained about a character requirement, which I took to mean that there was such a think on our site you didn't like - be we have no such requirement! But now I understand! You meant that Capterra requires a minimum number of characters in their review fields. So, if you're reading this review of our service, please know she did not mean we have a character requirement but was instead Capterra did for their review form!

We think it's flexible, extremely easy to use, and it was very easy to integrate.

Pros

This has been the most powerful tracking service we've incorporated since inception. We found the setup to be quick and easy, while being easy to navigate and providing powerful reporting tools. Payroll and billing has become easier than ever before, while scaling up to the size of our business successfully.

Cons

At first, there were concerns that Timesheets.com might not work well because of the size of our company. It would also be the first solution outside of our local network. We're extremely glad we decided to give it a try because it's been better than we could have ever expected. Sometimes we do experience slowdowns, but that's because of connectivity to the service, not the service itself.

Ashlee from Granite View Podiatry- Travis T Hampton dpm

Timesheets For Staff- good or bad?

It's fast & simple. I can easily send in hours manually, send in what PTO I am using/used with absolute ease, & quickly access my hours/timesheet/details. Would definitely recommend.

Pros

The software itself is absolutely simple, which is definitely a must when needing to clock in for a shift. My favorite feature (on my phone only for security) is that the login screen has the clock in & out option, so if you use your phone to clock in, you don't have to do the extra step of logging in & then clocking in or out.

Cons

Occasionally it will acknowledge that you clocked in/out, but doesn't register in the system. It is not an all the time issue, though!

Response from TIMESHEETS.COM

Replied January 2020

Hi Ashlee, I saw your review and wanted to thank you for the high marks! I also noticed you mentioned something about clock punches not being acknowledged. Please contact us if you think this has happened so we can inspect the audit trail with you together. Clock punches don't (and can't) disappear. It would cause an inconsistent state in our database and throw up a ton of red flags. I wouldn't want you to think that actually happens so if we look at the audit trail together we can make sure you see what actually occurred. In most cases, there's some element of human error involved, but please don't take my word for it. Definitely contact us if you can pinpoint a punch where you think this happened.