• Pros

• "It has all the features that I require and it looks very professional. Again, the customer service is amazing! "

• "Easy to use, amazing support 24 hours, and the most important thing I save a lot of money using this product, good job Veryfi team!"

• "The receipt counter and organizer. It makes life easy! It made bookkeeping actually fun! I look forward to it now. I get real-time data like a real-time video game. It's awesome! "

• Cons

• "Cannt say just yet because I still have to use it fully. I just hope setting up a time sheet for my guys is as easy as the rest of the app."

• "The app looks a little ugly ? Maybe that's just the nature of boring accounting software but it's a minor quibble."

• "Pricing could be lower, but it's fair- all the companies in this space charge a lot but Verify delivers value."

Browse Veryfi Receipts OCR & Expenses Reviews

David from Chick-fil-A Madison Street

Industry: Restaurants

After a long search, I finally found this gem!

Game Changer! I was with all popular Ex******* for several years when I received an email from fbe CEO stating that anyone that did not agree with him politically was “unpatriotic” I am sure many reading this are aware of this. This disgusted me because I would not continue to do business with them after reading such an asinine statement. I was upset because other than Zoho and Concur I did think any company offered the same product with credit integration. Many that do often have a 5 user minimum which is not practical for most small businesses. For weeks I searched and demoed options. All we're either none-intuirive, offered poor support or too inferior to the app I was leaving. Somewhere I stumbled on Veryfi and after visiting the page, expected it was too good to be true. I was just waiting to read “5 user minimin” or see some red flag on it's limitations. Finding Veryfi was equal to stumbling upon a Gold ingot. Not only did it check every box I required, it truly proved that even big names line Expensify offer little time savings when it comes to reconciling recieots, expenses and creating reports. I can say this with certainty as someone that has had used the Concurs, Expensifies and Zohos of the world or many years. I thought I was happy and thought I was using the best until I tried Veryfi. I am not exaggerating when I say that it is on a different level on almost every single day.

Pros

I like the ability to integrate credit cards. Not only from the 4-5 largest banks but from hundreds of banks. This is not seen from competitors. For example, I have a Amazon Visa but also have an Amazon Store Credit card (no visa/mastercard). I also have a best buy store credit card (again only good at that business. I was floored to see that Veryfi integrated with these too!

Cons

So far, I am a couple of months last the 30 day free trial. Other than using the software have not taken the time to really customize it to my business and automate to.many tasks. No complaints this far and I hope that will stay the same.

Reasons for Choosing Veryfi Receipts OCR & Expenses

For many reasons previously mentioned. Veryfi is proceed $10 more per than similar products but I did not hesitate due to the enormous value. Value is price/precieved benefit. Veryfi’s price is among the highest per single user programs but it’s value is unmatched!

Reasons for Switching to Veryfi Receipts OCR & Expenses

The CEO continuously send emails to all users that were full of content that was probably not best foR public consumption. He would whine a lot things, almost blame customers for the financial woes at the company, almost threaten customers if they failed to switch to the new Expensify card etc. Price increases are normal and we get that. But he once increased prices at the very lowest point economically did to COViD19 that make the company feel like a victim, never thinking how much the Pandamic may have affected the lives of customers. It ended up making them look like jerks for raising prices. Then the famous “of you disagree with me politically then you are the problem and are unpatriotic “

Jamie from Independent Business

Smarter, not harder

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], answered questions/concerns, provided 1:1 training, amazing customer support, and treated our 2 employees business like we are just as important as their big construction company clients.

Pros

Veryfi’s Intelligent OCR (Optical character recognition) made scanning over 2,000 handwritten/printed receipts simple, convenient, and accurate data extraction effortlessly.

Cons

When using the column filters or a specific date range the filter is not saved.

Reasons for Choosing Veryfi Receipts OCR & Expenses

Customer Support Simplicity of uploading receipts Accurate data extraction - including handwritten receipts Price/Cost

Response from Veryfi

Replied February 2020

Jamie, Thank you so much for the lovely feedback! I have shared it with the team and there were smiles all round. We are grateful for the lovely private note you left. Thank you again for the support! Best, Ernest (cofounder)

Jake from Accounting in Motion

Solid Optical Reading

I have not used IQBoxy for long, but I do have some clients using it to track their business expenses. They take photos of their receipts and IQBoxy converts them to digital information and syncs with Xero Accounting Software. So far, the information the software gathers from the receipts has proven to be both accurate and reliable, which is more than can be said for some other software I've used. It is able to pull the vendor name, date, amount, etc. and accurately sync it with Xero. I also like the expense reports and reminders to get your receipts entered. The expense reports can be printed from your computer to submit to your accountant or bookkeeper. The one area that I find challenging is the integration with Xero. Though it transfers information well, the workflow still requires more steps than entering a transaction. Essentially, it creates an unapproved Bill in Xero for your accountant to approve (create the bill), then record a payment (or you can use the Expense Reimbursement feature of Xero the same way). To set the account and approve the bill, then create a payment to actually hit your general ledger is more steps than just creating a spend or receive money transaction. For that reason, the integration might not be the right solution for everyone, but overall, the software is accurate and helpful for tracking business expenses and keeping your receipts organized.

Pros

Accuracy in reading receipts.

Cons

Integration steps (which may not really be unique to this software).

Response from iqBoxy

Replied December 2017

Jake, thank you for your great feedback and support. We now have web app tool for accountants & bookkeepers to manage your clients from the 1 place. Check it out => https://www.veryfi.com/accounting-practice-management/ PS. IQBoxy has a new name! VERYFI ~ Read the announcement => https://www.veryfi.com/news/iqboxy-is-now-veryfi/ Best, Ernest (cofounder)

Justin from INSTA TASK

Industry: Building Materials

Simple Intuitive Software that is so POWERFUL!

Well thought out software that has been designed to be as easy and efficient as possible using the technology most business owners already have at their finger tips.

Pros

This software makes financial administration so much easier and less time consuming. It is a pleasure to us and this powerful technology will make your life a lot easier and give you your time back.

Cons

There were not really any cons but it would be good to have a folder system for supplier monthly account receivable statements that can be forwarded by email directly to them if that function is not already available.

Reasons for Choosing Veryfi Receipts OCR & Expenses

More features, good reviews, video tutorials and customer support.

Coy from Secrets Of Nature Inc

CEO/ President

We use the Expense management product. During our first three days, we scanned 300 receipts. We contacted support and Veryfi raised our cap to 600. We readily used the additional allocation in less than three days.

Pros

Ease of use. Out of the box solution. Implementation is extremely simple. User friendly. Our CPA firm is overjoyed! They continue to evaluate Veryfi expense management and other product offerings.

Cons

The 300 receipt limitation is bothersome for new users, but I understand Veryfi rationale.

Reasons for Choosing Veryfi Receipts OCR & Expenses

Al and Machine learning. Fast, reasonably exact.

Matthew from 3 Palms Zoo

Industry: Veterinary

Excellent Support

I can't say enough how responsive, friendly, and efficient their customer/technical support has been.

Pros

Not only is the app fantastic, easy to organize and easy to use, but technical support and customer service is A+++! Any issues at all are handled promptly and professionally. It's premium features are also really reasonably priced!

Cons

The OCR and AI could use some work. I constantly am having to update the vendor due to missing or wrong information. I also had a bit of an issue importing documents from my previous solution. They all came in, but the information was lost unfortunately. It could have been done if Neat would allowed multiple CSV exports of my PDF Files, so it's not really Veryfi's fault. Neat secures you as a customer as if your documents are a prisoner. Veryfi helped free me from them!

Response from Veryfi

Replied October 2018

Matthew, thank you for your detailed review of Veryfi inc. your experience coming onboard from another provider. Love the feedback and ratings you left us. Thank you so much for the ongoing support :-) PS. Check out our referral program https://hub.veryfi.com/referrals/ Best, Ernest (cofounder)

Theo from The Baker's Door (Home of Poppy Cakes)

Industry: Graphic Design

Veryfi review from Theo

Really good experience. Much, much happier than my previous service (SquirrelStreet). Their prices kept creeping up, and we would only know our final cost after the processed. Also if we were a few days late, we would still pay the minimum fee for the month and then get whacked with a huge surcharge—that doesn't happen with veryfi.

Pros

Cost, ability to hold backup files in Dropbox or Google Drive. Instant review and verification,

Cons

Not much. Yes I have to verify each transaction, and sometimes correct, but then I know that the information is there ready to use and accurate—no waiting a few weeks and hopping it was done correctly. It's a con which turns into a pro! On some surfaces the auto detect doesn't work correctly or randomly. especially at Coles self serve checkouts. I tend to have auto detect off and then sometimes crop the image to reduce file size.

Roger from All About Authenticity

Easy to use, convenient, great for tracking receipts

Saves me loads of time, I don't lose receipts and they're not flying all over my car, littering my desk and getting washed in my pants. I have an accurate record of what I spent and when I spent it. Easily integrates with Quickbooks.

Pros

Love this app. I capture my paper receipts within minutes of receiving them. That way I don't lose them or they don't fade. Once a month I edit the record and tag the receipts to upload to QB. The categories b/w Veryfi and QB are nearly 100%. Also, sending e-receipts to my Veryfi email address works as advertised. Love the feature that they recognize most vendors and attach vendor logos. A+ rating from me!

Cons

Occasional hiccup and I have to take photo of receipt twice.

Ciaran from Aonghusa Ventures Ltd.

Excellent Resource for storing Invoices and receipts

VeryFi enable me to record my expenses and receipts on a regular basis with ease and keep my accounting documents up to date

Pros

What a brilliant, expedient and simple way of recording invoices and receipts on a regular basis Just forward any receipts and/or invoices to the app and it automatically scans and picks up the details set your profile to a vat/tax percentage and it will also automatically separate that from the total

Cons

I would love to see the vat/tax shown at the bottom of screen reports as a separate field/column

Response from Veryfi

Replied October 2020

Love it. Thank you for your feedback and review. Please email me regarding the changes you'd like re vat/tax so we can get it into our next release schedule :-)

James from Oregon-Aire, Inc.

Why you need Veryfi

See above.

Pros

The AI is remarkable. It takes me no more than 30 seconds to complete all of the information and picture data for any expense item. Then I'm done. No box of receipts to organize. No wasted time. Wish this product was available years ago. I have literally spent days collecting and organizing this type of data for our CPA in past years.

Cons

The fact that it wasn't available 10 years ago.

Reasons for Switching to Veryfi Receipts OCR & Expenses

Other product wasn't anywhere close to this as far as ease of use and cost the same.

Response from Veryfi

Replied November 2020

Love it! Thank you so much for your support and sharing your feedback on Veryfi. Best, Ernest

Dan from VCA

Great product

Verify has saved me time and money. The amount of time we used to devote to coding expenses has dropped to a fraction of what it used to be saving on book keepers fees. Also there were always receipts that I lost along the way which meant lost reimbursement from clients. It’s also great to have a scanned record of every expense available if the need arises.

Pros

Very easy to use. It saves me a lot of time especially when i am on the road. The scanning or recipts is right most of the time and its great how it links into my accounting package and bank feeds. It also "guesses" what the accounting classification should be. I travel overseas a lot so the multi currency ability of verify is also fantastic. Saves me trying to work out what the conversion rates should have been. Its also very useful when I get emailed receipts (which is happening more and more) as I can forward then directly to verify for auto entry into the system. Finally having somewhere to be able to store and search for all my old receipts is very handy when clients accounting departments ask to see the documents. i haven't had the need for support much (which is a testament to the product) but when I did they were very prompt in responding and solving my issues. Great work guys!

Cons

Which the OCR and allocation of expenses to my expenses ledgers is good it could still be better.I am sure thats something the verify team are working on. Also when I sign up (which was quite a while ago) It took me some time to work out how to use the product, but when I did I was away. I believe they now offer 1 to 1 training online which is great, but I think they should also add some more "how to" video's to help new users get up to speed quicker.

Response from Veryfi

Replied October 2018

Dan, Thank you so much for a detailed review. Love it! I totally agree on more help videos. The product is getting complex and we are constantly looking at ways to simplify. Saying that we just released our 1st onboarding checklist video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_T-rRK0dzE and more are coming this week on our youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC15iI-2ujjOOQsit1To-IJA

Jason from Motel 6 Airdrie

Was skeptical at first; now convinced it's the best receipts / expense manager for small business

My overall experience with Veryfi has exceeded expectations. As a small business owner with invoices and receipts of all different shapes and sizes, I was quite impressed by how quick and accurate the OCR software was in Veryfi. I was originally skeptical of using Veryfi as it wasn't a proven name in the industry like Expensify, however I am glad I made the choice to use Veryfi as it's far better than its competitors for my purposes.

Pros

The software is highly intuitive and easy to learn. The process of uploading receipts, editing previous entries, or changing a vendor name, follows a familiar flow nearly all smartphone users will feel accustomed to. What I enjoyed the most about Veryfi are the certain features I never had on my list of requirements (or thought to be important) in an expense manager but turns out to be extremely helpful. For example, extracting the vendor address from a receipt is something I thought of as a "nice to have" but not a requirement. Now this feature is something I can't live without as it helps automate my purchases based on the proximity to my business. This is helpful for large chains and big box stores with many locations, I can now split out personal and business expenses far more easily. This is what distinguishes good software from great software. Good software completes a task in a way you wanted it to; great software completes the job in a better way than what you had in mind, and that's what Veryfi does with receipts.

Cons

Not sure if this is Veryfi's issue, however the integration with QuickBooks online can be improved. I never get the confidence of whether a receipt has been uploaded and matched on QB, aside from the green QB logo being red. If there was a better way to bulk manage expenses and how it's uploaded into QB, and what it's QB status is (ie. matched, no match, amounts not matching, etc) that would be helpful.

Response from Veryfi

Replied September 2018

Jason, thank you for your feedback! I'd love to understand what we can do more to improve QBO experience for you. Please reach out to us on support@veryfi.com so we can connect for a quick phone call and improve your QBO experience :-) Ernest

Pika from GX Projext

Incredibly Flexible Solution for the face of Small Business in 2018

I knew that BEFORE I started financially getting engulfed in the mundane day-to-day expenses businesses experience, I needed something to track my expenses quickly and be as agile as I am running my three companies. This solution not only provided the ONLY reliable solution to this problem, but because of its account reconciliation capabilities with not just liquid asset accounts, but credit, etc, it became the absolute winner in my eyes compared to some of its competing products in the small business market. In the amount of time/money that this solution has and will save me, I am SO FORTUNATE I found Veryfi.com, and I think you will be too!

Pros

By far the best feature of this solution is the ability to track expenses and organize them for ease of use later. I have never felt so organized then when I started using this product! As a business owner of three different companies, Veryfi not only allows me to utilize this solution for one, but ALL of my businesses in one easy to navigate experience via my web browser either at the office or on the go! With the mobile applications available to not only Apple iOS but also Android, I am SO glad that I decided to use Veryfi for my expense tracking needs!

Cons

If it weren't for my AMAZING tech-guru guy I think this solution at first is a little complicated, but it literally only took one *focused* afternoon to learn the ins and out, and I now have the hang of how to enter data in and hardly ever need to ask for assistance! The best advice I can give is that the information is overwhelming at first, so if you cannot take the one-on-one FREE on-boarding consultation meeting they give you, PLEASE find someone in your team that you trust to take it. YOU WON'T BE SORRY (and its only about 30 minute of time)!!!

Response from Veryfi

Replied October 2018

Thank you Pika for your lovely review and suggestion for the free onboarding consultation. We are working on improving the onboarding experience. Yesterday we launched our 1st onboarding video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_T-rRK0dzE and more videos are coming to our youtube channel. PS. Check out our new referral program https://hub.veryfi.com/referrals/ Best, Ernest (cofounder)

Quick, Easy, AI powered.

With Veryfi I can manage all expense reports for my projects, control and see the expenses values on going, by category or vendor. And the best for me is that i can create the expense the expense report at the end of the month just with on click. It solves the problem for me to manage the expense data and documents needed for the tax information and deductions. Again, Thank you Veryfi Team.

Pros

The app has a very easy interface and is very fast. When you need to scan a receipt, is just one click to open the app e other to click on the camera icon! The AI take car to get all data correctly about the vendor, values and taxes. I tested a lot of apps and Veryfi is the best in document recognition for receipts. and I almost forgot the great feature that I already use in other apps for travelling that is to directly send the receipts to my @veryfi account. Thank you Veryfi team.

Cons

This is not a con but a new feature that can help a lot. I really need to export all documents to sent to my tax consultant and it will be very easy if we have this option to select when we create the expense reports, like on option (x) include document images as a zip file. And the other thing, of course, is the name! I always try or write the correct one "Verify". Here is my suggestion for this one ... Just get this domain "http://verify.io/", add AI, Blockchain and ML to the project, do and ICO... and be very rich!

Response from Veryfi

Replied January 2019

Thank you for your detailed review and support! Helps us improve the product to meet our customer needs. Regarding the export data as zip/reports/csv.. we have all that. It's outlined here https://www.veryfi.com/howto/expense-reporting/ but please feel free to email us support@veryfi.com if you need help finding something etc... Thank you again for the feedback! Best, Ernest (cofounder)

Aidan from Casting Solutions

Industry: Mining & Metals

Fantastic software, desire personal version

Overall a fantastic experience. I hope that they will include a personal finance option. I know that they will continue to improve the OCR with each update to the mobile software.

Pros

I love this software, it is fantastic with keeping up with receipts, the software pulls most if not all of the information off the receipt automatically, which is a great feature. The overall OCR function works great, and it works great for tracking certain transaction categories to keep an eye on spending. It’s been great to use for reimbursement itemization while I was interviewing.

Cons

Their OCR could be slightly improved as I’ve had issues with the camera recognizing the receipt for more than a second, cycling through shapes and having issues with taking a photo and having it select a shape other than the one in the last cycle. I also wish that they had a personal finance option as I would love to manage my own finances without some of the selections or details of a company.

Response from Veryfi

Replied February 2020

Hi Aidan, Thank you for the great review and awesome feedback! Since you posted this we have dramatically improved the OCR. Hope you noticed it with every scan of a receipt. Regarding a personal option - you can add up to 3 profiles (accounts) per subscription. So your 2nd one can be personal and then used in a different way than your business account. Recently we also launched a bunch of new videos on Veryfi features and how to turn things on and off. Hope this helps => https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkA-lFc8JUY5WXYFxFrHTvzFybcCR918r Best, Ernest (cofounder)

Ann from halfpeeledbanana fine art

Industry: Fine Art

This app ROCKS!

I have been using Veryfi for numerous years now. It is an incredible time saver for me as a sole proprietor, allowing me to concentrate on growing my business instead of shuffling through piles of receipts come tax time. I love that you can tag your receipts with tags YOU create, so looking up a previous purchase is super easy & convenient!

Pros

As a small business owner, I LOVE that my receipts are digitally captured, categorized, optionally tagged & saved in my cloud storage... all on the go! No more piles of receipts! Makes tax time a breeze!

Cons

Honestly, nothing. Every update just improves the app, and they seem to really listen to their users’ suggestions for improvements and additional features.

Response from Veryfi

Replied October 2018

Love it love it love it! Thank you so much for the nice feedback and ongoing support.

Ori from Brooklyn Hills Realty LLC

Very thoughtfully-designed expense tracking app w/super fast OCR, great features

Pros

Multiple ways to easily input expenses: snap a photo with your phone, drag & drop via the web interface, or forward receipts by email to a dedicated email address. Also have the ability to connect Dropbox (among other third party apps) so that all my receipts are instantly backed up to a designated DB folder. I've tried several apps out there to track both personal and business expenses, and VeryFi is my favorite to date, by far. Really excellent stuff. The customer support staff have also been very helpful when needed. Keep it up, guys!

Cons

While I'm sure some things could always be enhanced, nothing comes to mind that I would call a "dislike." So long as the team continues to tweak, update, and listen to their customers, they'll be just fine.

Response from Veryfi

Replied October 2018

Ori, love your feedback! Thank you so much for the ongoing support. Best, Ernest

Lisa from Permian Environmental Services

Industry: Environmental Services

Easiest and fastest way I've seen yet for my team to enter receipts

Saves time attaching receipts to Quickbooks Online software. Hoping for better receipt recovery with this app.

Pros

Prior to trying Veryfi, I was scanning and attaching all paper receipts to Quickbooks Online after team members piled them on my desk after a week of being on the road. Now team members can quickly snap a photo of the receipt, choose the expense category and customer and within 10 seconds it has arrived in my Quickbooks Online. I was worried that Quickbooks would duplicate the entries, but it doesn't. Quickbooks recognizes the entries and matches them up from the bank feeds seamlessly. We tried Expensify last year and it just wasn't quite what we needed and team members thought it was too complicated. Veryfi is simple. From my desktop or the mobile app, I can create jobs and customers, edit expense categories, send text messages to team members (WHAT?? Yassss!) Track mileage. I'm still discovering many of the features that are available. Time tracking - We currently use T-Sheets, so not sure if we will switch or not. Maybe. So far I'm really loving it!

Cons

The price is going to be our only negative so far. Would like the whole team to be able to use it, but not sure if it would be cost effective.

Mark from The Handyman Solution

Industry: Wholesale

easy, quick and accurate

We've been using the program for nearly three years and prior to finding Veryfi it was like pulling teeth to get receipts turned in for posting. Now it's so easy and once employees scan their receipt they know they can simply toss it. I'm not at 100% but I'm pretty darn close. It posts the expense straight to Quickbooks so I can follow expenses throughout the month and when I reconcile the bank statement everything matches up perfectly.

Pros

easy and quick to use, accurately pulls expenses into Quickbooks and allows for multiple companies.

Cons

I haven't found anything yet that I don't like about the software

Mark from Halo Communications

For capturing receipts, head and shoulders above everything out there so far.

Pros

The receipt capture is by far the most compelling feature this app offers. Not having to wait 24 hours to have my receipts captured (ReceiptHog lol) is a huge deal. It's instant with this app. Another huge plus is that my receipts aren't being sent to some offshore sweatshop exposing my data to god knows who? (Expensify which I used previously) These guys are using AI, which is cool, machines aren't going to sell my data or do anything nefarious. The other pro for us is that it integrates with our existing accounting software, it was an easy sell to us.

Cons

Response from Veryfi, Inc.

Replied February 2018

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. Yap an ugly duckling :P which product do you think needs UI love - android, ios or web? ~ Ernest (founder)

Jacques from Unafraiddesigns Inc

iqBoxy Receipts Review

Speaking as a former Computer Animator for 26 years. We used to have managed many gigs of individual files. I was pleasantly surprised to find the naming convention similar to how I was already tagging photographed and edit images! I also love the back up to the cloud. Everything I need it to do is on the app.

Reasons for Choosing Veryfi Receipts OCR & Expenses

Response from Veryfi

Replied May 2020

Jacques, thank you for your feedback and your experience so far with Veryfi. Love it! PS. Please send any feedback where we can improve to support@veryfi.com so we can make sure it ends up in future builds. Best, Ernest (cofounder)

Charlie from eWhizz.net

Such a great solution to your reduce your pile of receipts!

Pros

The best thing is the on-boarding one on one demo available, and the responsiveness of the support folk. I was tearing my hair out entering all my receipts each Quarter the manual way. Veryfi allowed me to get through what was several nights worth of work, in just under an hour. It is all cloud, but does save a copy of all receipts back to your DropBox. Lots of interaction between Xero, Dropbox, and other apps to link everything together. A couple of small clicks to use, one giant leap closer to going paper-less! The iPhone app (they also have android, I believe) makes it really easy to capture my receipts as soon as I receive them. I take a couple of extra moments at the counter/checkout and capture the receipt with my phone. Saves losing receipts and running around looking for receipts, in my car, glovebox and various places around the house at the end of each month.

Cons

There were few UI glitches and weird workflow choices, but the team have been very responsive and fixed up most of them within a few days of me bringing them to their attention.

Major time saver

Pros

Veryfi is so easy to use for receipt collection - just snap a pic in the app or forward an email receipt and it's in Veryf and your connected apps within seconds, very impressive turnaround time. I love that it will automatically match up my business receipts with my transactions in Quickbooks, bookkeeping is a breeze. And I especially enjoy that I no longer have to hang on to stacks of paper receipts anymore!

Cons

Occasionally the software will parse the receipt information incorrectly, or part of an email receipt will get cut off when it's reformatted. Most of the time it's pretty good though. I also would like to see more user-friendly/visually appealing reports, that's the main reason I haven't switched over entirely from Mint for my personal finances.

Wayne from Rocky Mountain Timber Frame

Simply the best product out there for tracking receipts and expenses

Software is excellent, I cannot understate how much real time processing and accuracy is of a huge benefit to small business. This is a great product, AMAZING back end and I am sure it will get only better with time!!!!

Pros

First and foremost, the real time (almost) processing of data. Unlike other services (and I have used/tried most every one), the machine learning excels at a VERY quick turn around. Second, the accuracy of the product is OUTSTANDING! Third, Integration to other platforms, though VERY, VERY GOOD shows errors at times. Likely I caused these errors, but could be a little better. Lastly, the customer service has been great

Cons

As a newcomer to the market, I believe it needs a little more options, especially with reports. I realize that each of us users have different needs, thus it would be nice to have some better filters, etc when sifting through the data. I am coming from a competing product, and though I asked for an import, it is still a work in progress. CAVEAT here, I am importing data going back to 2014 as I want all my data stored in one place - at this is the BEST place for it!

Kaleb from Bloom Companion Care

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Best app I have every used. It went above and beyond the competition.

Tracking all your finances is super easy now. As well as budgeting. I plan on starting a business in the next year and I'm sure this will be a huge help.

Pros

There's so much about it I love it's hard to say. I love that they worked hard to get it fully certified across the board. I love the budget section. I love how you can backup all your information for free without having to pay a monthly fee. I love to user interface.

Cons

Honestly I can't think of anything I don't like. I do hope that they continue building on what they already have but to be honest I can't even imagine what they would do.

Awesome Receipt and Expense Tracker

I use it to track all my receipts, to categorize and tag them for ease of use at tax time and to have my accountant be able to see all the receipts in real time so that I don't have to schlep them all to his office.

Pros

Ability to upload receipts and track based on category. All Data collection is done by AI, so no human eyes or hands ever touch your receipts. They integrate well with other apps like Lyft so your receipt is automatically added. It even has an automatic mileage tracker and mileage expense calculator. You can have your accountant join in so you no longer need to carry stacks of paper to their office at tax time.

Cons

The UI is a bit clunky and cluttered. The autodetect for receipts sometimes doesn't detect the receipt. Uploading restaurant receipts does't read the TIP line so you have to manually add the tip, which then sometimes changes they subtotal.

Response from Veryfi

Replied October 2018

Hi there, thank you for your feedback and ratings. We recently updated our machine models so reading handwritten tips should be a smoother experience. I'd love to hear your views on where we can improve the UI (please email us ATT to Ernest). Best, Ernest (cofounder)

Simone from KADERSTUDIO

Industry: Architecture & Planning

GREAT APP - A LITTLE PRICEY

Pros

I've been using Veryfi since it was called IQ boxy, so more than 2 years now. I very happy. it's easy to use and very effective. I had some issues with my subscription and the customer care has been very helpful.

Cons

I think the subscription price has rised too much

Response from Veryfi

Replied February 2020

Hi Simone, ahhh yes IQBOXY days :-) Thank you for your feedback and rating! Appreciate the ongoing support. ~ Ernest (cofounder)

Linda from Apes Hill Club

I was searching for the correct. app to use and tried quite a few, but this is the best

I have only just started using it. After my 1:1 with Dimitri yesterday it all became quite clear. It is sorting out the economic side of my life very nicely. Right now I am using this for my personal use and now that I understand it more I will also include my rental properties (all long term).

Pros

The ease of use and the support which is more than I would have expected. I took the advantage of the 1/1 support to go through how to use the app, and that made everything crystal clear. Other than that, any time that you have a question, you just type it in and you immediately get a response. All receipts are very easily captured by your phone, and hey presto! is immediately added to the app unlike other apps that take a lot longer.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software. If there is anything I found it a bit harder to find than all the other apps that are similar. I wish Verifi would come up first. I can also use it on my phone, my iPad and computer and it syncs seamlessly with all. Veryfi need to be on top of the list of apps. It also works with all the other apps as well.

Neo Arthur from Darknet (Pty) Ltd

Best Expense Capture App

We recently in-sourced the accounting and HR/Payroll function which was previously outsourced. I am in the process of reviewing and recommending the most efficient way of capturing reimbursable expenses without having to increase overheads by employing an extra staff member. So far Verifi is far ahead :)

Pros

The ease of use and the speed at which the captured slips are processed and a report generated is astounding. I am also impressed with the accuracy of the captured data.

Cons

I struggled, and I am still struggling to connect this app with my Sage Cloud Accounting Solution.

Response from Veryfi

Replied May 2019

Neo, Thank you for the feedback and lovely review of Veryfi. I've shared it with the team and they love it and would love to help out with the Sage integration. Please reach out on support@veryfi.com and ATT it to Rusty/myself (Ernest). Best, Ernest (Veryfi cofounder)

Brittany from Dent Pro Buffalo, LLC

Veryfi is THE best & easiest app for expense tracking.

Overall, my experience with Veryfi is amazing. I recommend it to all the small business owners that I know, as well as regular everyday people who are keeping track of their expenses.

Pros

I love that this program is easy to use on both its PC and app version. I also love the monthly statements it gives, and that it syncs with your bank.

Cons

I only wish I could add multiple rules per "rule" for each vendor, etc.

Response from Veryfi

Replied October 2018

Brittany, thank you for the review and ratings! Love em. Re "add multiple rules per "rule" for each vendor, etc." -- I'd love to hear more about this. Can you please email support@veryfi.com ATT to Ernest? I will make sure it happens :-) Best, Ernest (cofounder)

Laura from Self-employed

Wonderful product!

As accountant I save time and money because with Veryfi do some task on my work are just taking seconds, Also generate automatically reports are very useful for me to compare my expenses and take decisions on my business.

Pros

Cons

Nothing everything is perfect, new features each week and that's fantastic! waiting for android version of logbook app

Alison from MWP Media

Essential to me - makes my life so much easier

Pros

I hate organising minor expenses but it so necessary for my accounts, vat return and tax return. Verify has made this so much easier and quicker. All organised, take a photo on my phone, check and adjust if necessary before uploading and then double check just before I run my reports. All done. you can have three accounts for one paid subscriptions so organise different businesses

Cons

Four accounts for one paid subscription would suit me more but I can manage and overall find this good value for money.

Response from Veryfi

Replied February 2020

Alison, Thank you kindly for the lovely feedback! I'm curious to hear why you want a 4th account? We have an ability for you to add more accounts under your subscription for an additional $1 :-) Let me know if you'd like it. Best, Ernest (cofounder)

Joseph from Alternative Missions

The best I have found

Really good customer service a well maintained product love it and use it every day.

Pros

It’s ease-of-use it’s cross platform availability you can store all of your scanned PDFs into dropbox the OCR is the best I’ve ever seen The flattening and sizing of the PDFs for readability is really great and their reports are the best that I’ve used for a handheld or desktop product. They also include a vehicle mileage tracker that is excellent as well, makes it with the money.

Cons

The price, really nothing else, I still recommend it.

Michael from Defined Cabinetry

Super easy and....

So far so excellent. One minor tweak as mentioned above is my only ask.

Pros

Great app, very quick in getting all the data scanned and loaded. Able to tag customers, get reports and organize by category. Really easy to use and great value.

Cons

Adding jobs/customers is a bit of a tad as oppose to having the option to select while uploading.

Response from Veryfi

Replied February 2020

Michael, thank you for your lovely feedback and ratings. Veryfi mobile app now has the ability to add jobs/customers during scan/upload (Veryfi Lens). Just enable it inside the settings of Veryfi Lens. Instructions how to access Veryfi Lens settings => https://faq.veryfi.com/en/articles/3082242-veryfi-lens-explained Best, Ernest (cofounder)

Eager To Please, Stellar Support

Pros

How easy and fast it is to capture receipts before they are lost

Cons

Sometimes updates and feature might come too fast

Response from Veryfi

Replied October 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback! :-)

Sergio from Aceitera El Real S.A.

Nice expenses management

Pros

Ease of use and straight forward. It will help you have control of your expenses

Cons

Can’t edit categories from the app. Too expensive for individual or personal use.

Response from Veryfi

Replied February 2020

Hi Sergio, thank you for your feedback. To edit categories inside the mobile app all you have to do is swipe the Inbox > Categories > Category cell to reveal the edit option. Inside the web product it's pressing the button with 3 dots stacked on-top to reveal more options around managing Categories. This video explains nicely how to manage your Inbox https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArwDHUPTdeI&list=PLkA-lFc8JUY5WXYFxFrHTvzFybcCR918r&index=3&t=0s Feel free to reach back if you have more questions. Best, ~ Ernest (cofounder)

Bill from Eco Irrigation and Landscaping

Just in testing phase now but it appears to be just what we need to better manage our expenses

Allows us to electronically collect, categorize and store receipts in ways that are easily reportable and verifiable. Has gone a long way to improve our data on job costs.

Pros

The owners have been great to respond personally to issues and provide support. Just testing but it seems like the perfect solutions for a small distributed business like us to collect and categorize expenses. Intuitive easy to use interface.

Cons

Some functionality could be improved and would like to see some controls in place that aren't currently there but in discussion with management team have plans to implement much of my wish list in the near future. It's a new app and they continue to develop but have been very impressed by there responsiveness and desire to improve.

Response from iqBoxy

Replied November 2017

Thank you for the lovely feedback Bill. It's a pleasure to be of service to you and your firm. Best, Ernest (founder)

Jan Christopher from Symbiont.io

How it should be done

Pros

- Receipt scanning is super fast and beautifully accurate. Much faster than the competition I tried. - It is easy to scan receipts consisting of multiple pages - Recording tip and tax portions of a receipt is well done.

Cons

Nothing, this is exactly what I was looking for, beautifully done and the only one really satisfying what I wanted.

Response from Veryfi

Replied May 2020

Jan, love your feedback! Thank you so much Jan. I've shared this lovely feedback with the team and they had smiles all round. All the best, Ernest (cofounder)

Veryfi Review

Pros

- I like how I can organize my receipts project based as we work heavily project based on accounting and finances. - I like how easy the integration between Veryfi and Quickbooks Online, which is our primary accounting software. - I like how quick it is to scan a receipt. I've tried demos of many other apps and Veryfi is by far the fastest and most accurate option when scanning receipts as the machines work for you, not people as in competitors. - I think it has a very fair pricing.

Cons

- Tax syncing is not always accurate from the receipt. Sometimes I have to manually adjust the correct tax amount.

Response from Veryfi

Replied December 2018

Thank you kindly for your feedback and positive ratings. Best, Ernest (cofounder) PS. Please reach out to support@veryfi.com so we can look into the tax syncing point you made.

Lacey from Encore School of Music

The customer service is excellent! If you have any confusion, there is always help available!

Pros

Cons

I found the learning curve was a little much, but any confusion was due to my own negligence. If you put the time in, the results will be there.

Dima from SkillMint

Great app to manage my expenses!

Pros

Their OCR tech to recognize and categorize receipts just works! The app is very easy to use and does its job perfectly. On top of that, they have a great integration with various software such as Dropbox, Quickbooks and so on.

Cons

Nothing really that would keep me from using it! Very minor bugs here and there but they keep fixing them and they're constantly improving the app. I can't complain. This is a great app all around.

Robert from D&D Brewery

We're Enjoying VeryFi

Overall I'd highly recommend using VeryFi. We're enjoying it so far.

Pros

We use VeryFi to scan foreign currency receipts because it then converts them to USD before uploading them with Quickbooks

Cons

The software does appear to be a bit "Beta" in terms of the back-end.

Response from Veryfi

Replied February 2020

Hi Robert, Thank you for your feedback and lovely ratings! Can you please email me with more detail about the Con. Would love to know what you mean by Beta. We are constantly making updates and improvements so maybe this ongoing activity is sending the wrong message? Best, Ernest

Carmelita from Sports

Very Useful and very easy

Excellent: very useful and very intuitive.

Pros

My niece told me this app and I recommended it to all my co-worker. It very easy to use and very useful.

Cons

That the receipts should be on a dark surface to take a picture.

Response from Veryfi

Replied January 2019

Carmelita, Thank you for your feedback and support! Regarding taking pictures on a dark surface, it can be any background as long as there is contrast so the automatic crop detection can remove it from the final picture. You can also try taking the picture in your hand and it will work :-) Stay tuned for a big upgrade to our IOS coming shortly. Best, Ernest (cofounder)

Jeff from CGC Enterprises

Great time saving app

I'm only using it for receipts, but so far it makes keeping and tracking expenses almost fun.

Pros

I like how Veryfi takes the hassle out of managing receipts. Whereas previously I scanned receipts in one step and entered them into Quickbooks as a separate step, I now do it all in one simple step using Veryfi.

Cons

I've only been using Veryfi for a few weeks, but so far I don't have any negatives.

Ease of use.

Response from Veryfi

Replied February 2020

Hi Jeff, Thank you for your feedback and rating! We are constantly looking at ways to streamline the process. Glad to see the Quickbooks integration is going great for you. If you have feedback on what we could do better then please don't hesitate to reach out to us on support@veryfi.com ~ Ernest (cofounder)

Eric from Holo

Loving this App

Totally positive overall experience. Definitely making my life easier.

Pros

It's so easy to use, and easy to build positive personal finance habits around.

Cons

it's pretty pricey, and you can't batch change certain things about receipt scans, and it doesn't pick up the currency from the receipt.

Response from Veryfi

Replied January 2019

Thank you so much for your support and feedback. In regards to batch changes (bulk editing), this article sheds more light on how it's done inside Veryfi => https://www.veryfi.com/howto/bulk-actions-editing/ Best, Ernest (cofounder)

Nick from Artisan Coin Productions

Use it for 6 months and save my time on tax preparation. Well done, guys.

Pros

Because it categorizes and transfer to Excel and other formats. So instead of collect each receipt and keep it physically and spend a half day before Tax day, you can just open Excel and everything is ready for your Tax preparer person.

Response from Veryfi, Inc.

Replied March 2018

Thank you for your support Nick! Great review & feedback.

Philip from Grit and timber construction

It works

Does it’s job- tracks

Pros

Multiple apps for different tasks -Miles ,time and expenses

Cons

Confusing features hard to find How it works

Response from Veryfi

Replied February 2020

Hi Philip, Thank you for your feedback! Regarding "how it works". We have something which might help. (a) Video Tutorials: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkA-lFc8JUY5WXYFxFrHTvzFybcCR918r (b) FAQ: https://faq.veryfi.com/ and (c) support@veryfi.com are always eager to hear from our users. Feel free to reach out anytime. Best, Ernest (cofounder)

Jonathan from Home Instead Senior Care

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Great for expense tracking

Pros

It is so simple to use Veryfi. It tracks all purchases, categorizes them, and simplifies bank reconciliation. Overall it is a great time saver!

Cons

I honestly do not have any cons right now. I have just started using this software and I need more time to evaluate if there are issues or cons to it.

Response from Veryfi

Replied January 2019

Thank you Jonathan for your feedback and support! Let us know how you go with the evaluation and any feedback on where we can improve the product. All the best, Ernest (cofounder)

Tena from ABookkeeperonline

I set up one of my larger clients in March on Veryfi. We have been extremely pleased.

This software allows the owner or any admin to access any receipt at any time to verify items purchased and it covers your bases in the event of an audit, where I guarantee you will need those receipts. We have it set up to back up to drop box also as a backup for all receipts.

Pros

I love that all receipts flow perfectly to QBO and that I was able to set catch accounts for when employees leave out the payment method or the expense account. I can still download from the cc bank and match those to the veryfi entries.

Cons

I look forward to them adding the new QBO job costing "projects". This I believe will complete enhance the program greatly and so increase it's usefulness.

Marie Debbie from Pteris Global

The easiest way to save receipts!

I use IQ BOXY for both personal and business, I started with the free subscription and after trying it out for a couple of weeks I decided to get the paid subscription. Their customer service is outstanding, emails are answered in less than 24 hours. Extremely helpful, looking to improve and add other features all the time. It is easy to use and a very clean looking app.

Pros

Easy to use, very responsive customer service. Modestly priced.

Cons

Their web version needs some improvements which they are working on.

Response from iqBoxy

Replied December 2017

Marie, thank you so much for your lovely feedback and support! Much appreciated. PS. IQBoxy has a new name! VERYFI ~ Read the announcement => https://www.veryfi.com/news/iqboxy-is-now-veryfi/ Best, Ernest (cofounder)