What are Xero users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Xero software through verified user reviews

2,076 Reviews

1,191

• icon"We were currently using Quickbooks, which had, at the time, very limited cloub-based capability. Xero looked great, was easy to use, and made it possible for our virtual team to work together."
  • icon"I love how easy it is to sync bank feeds and reconcile transactions. I love the rule feature that allows me to set my routine transactions to the correct COA."
  • icon"I believe Xero have captured a very nice niche of the industry with it's very business orientated user interface and simplisitic feel. It makes accounting somewhat fun for the business owner."
  • icon"Customer Service was horrible. You could not talk to someone when you wanted to."
  • icon"The single most annoying thing about it is the support."
  • icon"The FreshBooks/Xero integration stopped working around 2017 (I don't know why; each company blames the other)."

Browse all Xero Reviews

• Have you used Xero and would like to share your experience with others?

ResetShow 2,074 Results

Showing 1 - 25 of 2,074 reviews

Karim

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

One stop Accounting solutions for Small to Medium organisations.

Kathryn

Affordable professional level accounting software for small business

It's been easier to use Xero than I expected, but I had a nasty surprise at tax time when I realized the default accounts/descriptions for expenses did not correlate 1:1 to IRS categories. (I should have checked this more closely when I set up my accounts because it's a New Zealand company, and the previous product was local.) This means I will need to double-check all my transactions for 2018 and the IRS has my vastly overestimated tax payment until I can do that and file my return on an extension. I've had a much better experience importing data from financial institutions because Xero uses a well-known importing service that is trusted by the institutions. I like being able to match multiple invoices to bank deposits because I usually don't run to the bank for each check. This will be more valuable as my company grows. I should probably find an accountant to assist me with this, but I haven't found an accountant who understands both craft businesses and Xero.

Pros

Professional double entry software at a very affordable price Accommodates both cash and accrual accounting Links to financial institutions to get transactions Uses standard importer recognized by the financial institutions instead of just trying to log in remotely (and triggering fraud alerts) Can match multiple invoices to a single deposit transaction imported from bank Can keep using Xero as company grows

Cons

Pre-existing expense categories/descriptions don't map 1:1 with IRS definitions, so I'm having to go back to all my receipts to make sure expenses are entered in proper accounts because I didn't realize this when I switched More difficult to focus on specific expense categories to check transactions Have not been able to import historic data from previous app (possibly because it's not double entry) so I am still paying the subscription on that software to retain access to my data No integration with Craftybase, so I have to enter supply purchases and customer invoices there independently

Reasons for choosing Xero

QuickBooks introduced a special product for Etsy integration, but early adopters had problems with data disappearing and no way to recover it. Otherwise, the cost of QuickBooks to cover the same features I use in Xero would have been very expensive; even a QB consultant told me it's overkill for a business of my size. I forget which other products I looked at, but Xero was recommended by several owners of similar businesses.

Reasons for switching to Xero

Outright depends on importing data from financial institutions but they were extremely unreliable (apparently they don't use a standard importing service and my credit union kept flagging them as hackers for remote logins) and customer service kept giving me the runaround. It also isn't "professional" double-entry bookkeeping and can't be audited. Outright can't handle Cost of Goods Sold properly and requires manual workarounds. It can't generate professional reports needed when applying for loans.

March 2022

Xero makes finance so easy

Since starting with Xero over six years ago, we couldn't be happier. We've centralised all our financial activity into one platform, which is great for non-finance people like myself!

Pros

Xero makes managing the finances for a business really straightforward. The user interface is intuitive and it centralises all my accounts information. One of my favourite features is the the dashboard, which is clear and customisable, and gives a great summary of the position position at any time. The software also integrates really well to other platforms for things like receipt capture and detailed business analysis.

Cons

I'm really happy with how it performs, however, our bookkeeper still does some levels of manual reporting, which he finds easier in Excel, than in Xero. The integration of BA tools does negate this issue.

Reasons for choosing Xero

At the time the product looked to have better features and functionality, and the user experience was excellent.

Reasons for switching to Xero

It wasn't SaaS at the time and was only able to be understood and used by our bookkeeper.

Amanda

Industry: Food Production

April 2022

if you have bills and invoiced with a product list over 40 lines - this system is not for you

the concept is good the IT is not.

Pros

It's easy to learn, very strait forward.

Cons

when a bill or invoice is larger then 2 pages, if you save, you will not be able to edit, approve or print. also putting in a ticket for a fix is completely useless the responding staff care and are friendly- but the problem does not get fixed. I've put in several tickets. I've always had to find a work around, no one has ever fixed my problem

Mahnaz

Xero use in a School

Reconciliations are so much easier, integrating with other products is so much easier, there are so many apps which can easily integrate into Xero.

Pros

Xero is very easy to navigate around and is user friendly. Even a non-finance employee is able to use Xero. The product is able to integrate seamlessly with a school management system importing invoices and contacts which are managed in the school management system. The integration is almost automatic and does not require a user to sync. AMAZING PLATFORM!

Cons

Nil - Honestly there is nothing I dislike about Xero.

Reasons for choosing Xero

Integration, Ease of use, ease of navigation, reporting

Reasons for switching to Xero

MYOB was not able to integrate with a school management system.

Zsolt

March 2022

Would be perfect with a few tweeks.

It is still good, better then Kashflow which is like from 1780. Or at least it feels like it is. It has great feautures that need tweeking. And it is also recognized worldwide which is so good. Collecting feeds from all the cards is good.

Pros

What I like most is that it has access to realtime feeds from all the company accounts. This is futuristic stuff in my country of Hungary. But I can look at all my balances and see if I have enough money for a purchase or not.

Cons

It doesn't really handle subscriptions well... and you guessed, it, I sell subscriptions. What is the least favorite part is the reconciliation. I sell the same thing, many times (as you do with subscriptions) and there is no way that I found where I do not have to take the so many hours of reconciling everything manually. So there might be automatic invoicing (which I couldn't really use) and manual reconciliation. There is no such thing as group reconciliation: All the parties that bought in May for 10 usd should be reconcilied one '10 usd' invoice for may. That would save so much time. Xero, please do that. I also hate that products are mandatory. If a client orders something, in a new combination, or asks for a penny discount it is a new product. Why cannot I just invoice John for 14.57 dollars, why do i need to add the 14.57 product? I understand you are trying to be smart, xero, but please keep the dummy functions. I am a dummy. I need them. Lastly, according to my current knowledge, it does not integrate with payment providers like stripe or braintree without zapier - which is another subscription cost. Here I want to cut Xero some slack, it is not only their fault, but the payment provider's fault as well, and I am in deep conversations with them on what can we do.

the realtime feed.

Reasons for switching to Xero

Because Kashflow was terrible. Didnt allow me to make more then 10 invoices a month, and then i needed to buy a ridiculously expensive package.

Xy

Great accounting software

Our previous accounting software could not be integrated with our e-commerce and inventory management software, so we had to do manual bookkeeping. Xero integrates well so all entries are automatically synced. It's really easy to use and most accountants are familiar with the system. Most importantly the system works well.

Pros

- Easy to use - Good integration with our inventory management software (used to be TradeGecko and now Dear) - Integration with bank accounts - Many accountants familiar with the software - Easy to generate reports (Aged receivables, payables, financial reports like P&L, balance sheet, etc.) - Different users can have different levels of access (e.g. access to bills and invoices but no access to bank details) - Not glitchy

Cons

- Not able to generate batch payment file for our bank (OCBC) - Slightly more pricey than Quickbooks - No Cashflow Statement - Indirect Method as a report

Reasons for switching to Xero

Integration with e-commerce and inventory management software

April 2022

Xero for small business owners

Pros

I paid a Xero partner to help me get set up and explain to me the basics I needed to know, and from there I have been able to work out the rest fairly easily. It's worth having the fundamentals set up, and there are many partners out there willing to help. I love that it gives me the independence to DIY my accounting, and I just pay my accountant each quarter to look over everything before I lodge my BAS to make sure everything looks right before lodgment. It has also given me the power to understand where my business stands from a financial standpoint - something I have often ignored when using other platforms due to the complexity behind them.

Cons

I wish there was a way to set up auto billing for clients.

Reasons for switching to Xero

I really disliked the user experience with QuickBooks Online - it felt like it was made for an accountant, not a business owner with limited accounting experience. Zoho books was great, but had a few glitches every now and then, and just wasn't as reliable as Xero in the end... plus Xero integrated with a lot of the 3rd party tools I use in my business.

Stacy

Industry: Facilities Services

April 2022

Very simple web based software

It has been okay-I have expected more from the product.

Pros

What was the layout of the dashboard. It makes everything look very simple and plain almost too simple.

Cons

I’ve needed a lot of customer support throughout the last year and a half and I don’t get real time answers. I have to wait at least a day for them to get back with me and when they do then I have more questions and have to wait another day for them to get back with me. I did like the feature that could download my bank statements, but they’ve upgraded their platform that talks to my bank and now I have to do it manually

Reasons for choosing Xero

I couldn’t find enough information about MYOB so I didn’t try looking further

Reasons for switching to Xero

I had to find an accounting software product that would work with my field service program and they did not integrate with the QuickBooks desktop version

Vanessa

March 2022

Goof software for small businesses

I find Xero pretty easy to use after using it daily for a couple weeks. We use it for all accounts payable and receivable, as well as invoicing customers who we ship products out to.

Pros

It's easy to set up items and accounts, apply payments and send invoices. Also, there are a number of reporting options available.

Cons

I wish it was harder to have duplicate accounts. For example, sometimes our bookkeeper will make a slight typo when inputting a Contact name for a payment (maybe missing a letter or adding an apostrophe), so a new record will be created and then we'll have 2 Contacts for the same person/org. I wish there was some type of pop-up, like "Are you sure you don't mean this Contact?" before creating a duplicate record.

March 2022

Good integrations with many other platforms and bank accounts.

Pros

Nice interface and easy to use with good response times. Good integrations with many other platforms and bank accounts.

Cons

I think it is pricey and could be a lot cheaper for smaller companies like mine.

Cody

May 2022

Easy to Implement and Manage Global Business, Low Customization Options

Kanopy has found Xero to serve its needs well, but ultimately we moved on and migrated to NetSuite years later. We still keep Xero though for 1 international subsidiary that we found to be advantageous not to migrate. The mature business with complex operations may not find all needs are met with Xero, especially if the desire is to integrate many other tools/software with the ERP in a bi-directional data flow.

Pros

Xero serves well as an "out of the box" accounting system, not unlike Quickbooks. It also has more functionality and use internationally, making it a superior choice to QB if your business operates on a global, multicurrency basis. There are some solid automations which can be implemented with Xero as well, and the canned reporting generally suffices for the majority of basic financial needs.

Cons

Xero lacks the open customization options that software like Netsuite or Dynamics offers. For a small business this will often be fine, but a scaling operation looking to automate many functions based on unique business needs may someday find they have outgrown Xero and need to undergo an (often painful) ERP migration.

Reasons for choosing Xero

International features are superior, and ability to manage multiple subsidiaries based in different countries is more manageable in Xero.

Ayman

February 2022

The best accounting software that meets all of your requirements

In particular, my experience with Xero has been beneficial in that it has enabled me to organize and manage all financial affairs of the branch in which I work without the need for a full-time accountant in the branch, as it allows me to prepare financial statements, pay bills, and organize payment dates myself.

Pros

I appreciate that Xero is responsive and simple to use for everyone, as it does not necessitate a great deal of prior experience. Once connected to the Internet, the user will be able to connect with all of his bank accounts, both those through which he wishes to make payments and those to which he wishes to transfer money, and monitor and follow them accurately and professionally, as well as track and report on them. It is extremely adaptable to a wide range of requirements, including those of freelancers and huge corporations. Furthermore, it serves as a vital database for all financial data, as it will allow you to download documents and invoices quickly and easily, and also through the phone application, where it is sufficient to scan documents and invoices in order to enter information from them into the system and schedule payments quickly and easily. I particularly appreciate the reports that are generated by Xero since they are comprehensive in that they include all of the financial transactions that occurred during the time period under consideration.

Cons

there are no noteworthy issues. The issue of dealing with recurring payments does not operate as expected, as you must occasionally complete the procedure manually.

February 2022

Powerful Accounting Software that Enables Anyone to Effectively Manage Their Accounts

Overall, Xero was a truly powerful software that took the dread of dealing with accounting and reconciliation and made it rather straightforward. The accounting process can effectively be handled by any person, which is rather refreshing. As an attorney, I'm not an accountant. So having something else to learn and utilize while already extremely busy would be a major inconvenience. However, Xero took what would have been a terrible experience and made it manageable.

Pros

Xero is a pretty straightforward product that is effectively almost immediately deployable. Xero's dashboard is not bulky or overwhelming like a significant number of other accounting software tends to be. Xero's help manuals and tutorials were also very useful and are great for helping users quickly refamiliarize themselves with the software. Xero worked well for my law firm for IOLTA (Lawyer Trust Account) reconciliation purposes. With the software linked to your desired account, you can easily reconcile all incoming and outgoing payments and expenses on a given account. Once set up, you literally can log in right after making a purchase to reconcile your accounts without having to fumble through old receipts later to try to remember specific actions that were taken on behalf of a client.

Cons

The only con that I personally experienced with Xero was that I routinely was required to relink and subsequently "resync" my banking account with Xero. Admittedly, this may have been a banking issue and not necessarily a Xero issue. However, when the relinking had to happen, this created a significant amount of issues because I was forced to relink the account, reimport expenses and incoming sums and then ensure that all the amounts had actually synced appropriately from my physical bank account to the Xero software.

Reasons for choosing Xero

The price of Xero and the ability to effectively use the software almost immediately made the decision to choose Xero a straightforward one.

Reasons for switching to Xero

We switched from Quickbooks because the software felt really cumbersome and was not very user friendly to someone that isn't an accounting professional.

Iain

Industry: Industrial Automation

Very different to Sage 50

We moved from Sage line 50 to Xero, this has mainly been a positive experience. From our day-to-day usage, sending invoices, chasing debt, bank reconciliation it is very easy to use. Our accountant set up Dext to import receipts and expenses which means we spend much less time with data entry now and we are much more paperless than we were. The key driver for us was to work in a cloud based system that would integrate with other business management systems and Xero kept coming up as the one that plays nicely with lots of other services. Our managment accountant has taken a lot more convincing as the web-based interface can be a little more clumsy in some 'pure-accountancy' areas and getting the chart of accounts nicely presented has taken a bit of effort. Generally we're really happy with Xero and are also happy with the split that the CRM/MRP/ERP system is supported by that vendor leaving the accountancy to the accountancy experts.

Pros

Ease of use from a day-to-day perspective for a non accountant and integration with other cloud software such as Dext and Flowlens

Cons

We have had a couple of glitches where bank feeds have stopped working for periods of time, manual import of bank statements can take a few attempts to get right.

Reasons for choosing Xero

Ease of use, Established brand, Integrated Payroll, migration support, ongoing cost

Compatibility with CRM/ERP, Cloud system

Rowena

It took me a while, but I am a Xero convert!

When I first began using Xero, I had heard a lot about it and was skeptical. Surely, no software could be so "all that"! I was introduced to it by a colleague who has converted the whole of her mid-size accountancy practice to it, and literally within a day and a half (which did include watching some of the short but very clear tutorial videos) I was not only up and running, but felt confident using it, finding my way around it, locating and fixing errors etc. It's literally that simple and straightforward. It's also incredibly stable - I think in 3 years it's only been offline (to my knowledge) 3 times, each for a very short period. I've also not found ANY bugs so far - almost unheard of! - and the support is fantastic, even though it's online.

Pros

Provided it's set up properly, Xero is probably the most friendly accounting software - to non-accountants that is - of any I've ever come across. Back in the 90's, MYOB revolutionised accounting software for small business, but Xero takes it to a whole new level, by removing so much of the data entry work that takes time, leaves room for errors and is in general a pain, when you'd rather be - you know, running your business. With Xero, it's up to the individual operator how much they want to automate their accounting transactions; if you want to, you can use the really powerful, but still simple tools to do a lot of the legwork for you. If you prefer to do it more manually, that's OK too - it's still simple and very quick and easy to use.

Cons

Xero is constantly adding and refining its software. Inventory control is an area I'd like to see strengthened, but that's already way ahead of where it was a couple of years ago. Similarly processing payments in advance. But these are relatively small niggles which for the majority of small businesses don't present any issue.

Reasons for switching to Xero

I was contracting to an accountancy firm who had converted their entire practice to Xero.

Xero is the One

I am very satisfied to be building my practice on Xero. They have a good product with a good company behind it. They seem to really care about their advisors and see them as key to their business model. They have a great community and great support.

Pros

What I like most about Xero is its open-platform ethos. It's not one particular feature, it's the whole way that Xero approaches what it does, and it shows up all over the product. One small example is how easy it is to manually import bank transactions via CSV file, and then how easy it is to undo that import if it went wrong. It's less about features (although Cash Coding and Find & Recode are brilliant) and more about design choices.

Cons

I want them to hurry up and integrate Hubdoc into Xero itself. And when that happens, I want there to be a way to generate a report that shows which GL transactions don't have a source document.

Reasons for choosing Xero

In the end, I decided that the ability to integrate apps was going to be determinative over the long term. Xero and QBO are way out in front when it comes to integration and I expect that as the market matures, they will end up with a Coke-and-Pepsi-level of market dominance. They may already be there. Early on, I tried to get someone to sell me Accounting Power and/or Sage 50, but neither company seemed organized enough to close the sale. I was looking for a software partner that I could build my practice on and Xero were the ones who showed me they wanted to be that and had a plan to make it happen.

Reasons for switching to Xero

Quickbooks treats their ProAdvisors the way Scar treats the hyenas in the Lion King. For Quickbooks, the advisor community will always be a means to an end. Their products are built for consumers, not professionals, and I expect they always will be.

Farhad

Perfect Accounting Software - Nothing Comes Close

Xero changed the face of accounting for our business. It has made accounting work far less painful than it used to be. And the true cloud-based setup makes it so much easier to access from anywhere.

Pros

Ease of use - seriously. Nothing comes close. And trust me, I've tried a number of accounting software and they're all a nightmare to use unless you're an accountant.

Cons

Customer support could be quicker, and phone support would help.

Reasons for choosing Xero

None of them were truly cloud based. All of them were horribly complicated, made for accountants and not at all user friendly.

Reasons for switching to Xero

Sage 50 Cloud was supposedly a cloud based software, but it wasn't truly cloud based, and it had all the legacy horrid pains associated with any Sage accounting system.

Leanne

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Easy to deploy and use providing you have basic book-keeping knowledge

Solid and simple cloud accounting solution that is easy to navigate and customise. Great that our external accountants and legal support can access online as they need. Seems to be continuously evolving and its reassuring to see ongoing development of the product.

Pros

Customisable dashboard is a time saver and ability to customise templates helps with consistency for our company branding. Customisation of user permissions means the bonus of staff being able to enter their own expenses which is a further time saver. Being able to work across multiple currencies now is a plus, albeit I wish we could manually adjust exchange rates being used.

Cons

Many advanced features that are standard for longer established accounting software solutions are available, but as "bolt on" packages, so costs can escalate quickly if you need full "bells and whistles". Customer service response can be very slow compared to other cloud software providers we use - in the beginning they were responsive for engagement but over time they're clearly pushing all customers towards getting answers from their user community and/or through the Q&A section. I appreciate that customer service probably don't want to be wasting time with queries better addressed by professional book-keepers or accountants, but in our instance, as "advanced users", our customer service queries tend to be related to technical challenges with the product. It would be great of Xero could analyse the types of queries coming from their customers and perhaps have a priority helpline on offer for "low maintenance" subscribers.

Reasons for choosing Xero

Felt more user friendly, especially for team members who, at the time, had limited or zero accounting knowledge

Jenny

Helpful, user friendly and intuitive accounts software

I was reluctant to pay the extra costs to move to Xero from my previous cheaper package but I am more than happy that I finally made the switch. It is a fraction of the cost of having a book-keeper to pay and I feel so much more confident that my accounts are working correctly. The option of additional plugins aid the automation for syncing with software such as woocommerce and amazon, ebay etc. It is a shame that they are additional costs but I would prefer that I had the option to integrate than not, and they are great time savers, which is the biggest help for small business owners.

Pros

Xero has a lot of automated features that make the process of accounts preparation easy and reliable. The bank feeds work smoothly and it is easy to set up rules to make the process automated on regular transactions - just a click to confirm entry. I have been able to integrate woocommerce, amazon and ebay transactions to ensure I am correctly treating VAT and International orders and purchases correctly.

Cons

As with any new accountancy software, there is a bit of technical detail to get your head around but that is probably to be expected. There are good help articles that are useful for the set up phase.

Reasons for choosing Xero

I felt it had been fully designed within the digital age in mind from the outset.

Reasons for switching to Xero

I wanted a greater degree of confidence that my accounts were correct when dealing with complex transactions such as International sales etc. This was especially important due to changes with Brexit etc. I was also keen to be able to automate where possible to save time.

Monika

Xero for Business

I am happy, can be connected with my clients all the time, can prepare reports anywhere, anytime. I think the price for South Africa is a bit high

Pros

I like the product is easy to use, no need high knowledge of accounting, the person who never was doing accounting can easily manage this product

Cons

there is still missing a few things as inventory shall be a bit changed as people with two inventories in different places can not have two storages, there are few things that missing and can make it easier to work with

more user friendly I think

Reasons for switching to Xero

the cloud, it is an advantage to be cloud due to my work I am travelling a lot and if client need help can do it on the move

Quratulain

Best in Multi-currency accounting for SMB

Xero was the best choice back in 2015 (when no one gave multi-currency) and still is in 2021 (when there are some who do). I have now added another company to Xero and cannot imagine shifting to another platform....ever.

Pros

With most clients abroads, we find its best to bill them in their local currency. Luckily for us, Xero is there to help sort our books out and keep them in order. It integrates with many bank feeds & popular wallets/fintechs like PayPal, Payoneer & TransferWise so accounts are upto date - always. Another feature we really use is their tracking fields. Xero allows users to setup 2 tracking fields that can be added to invoices, expenses, bills and assigned to each line. This helps us keep track of project based work and has been our way since before Xero ventured into Project based accounting (that users need to pay additional fee for) It also integrates with online payment gateways such as PayPal, Stripe, GoCardless, and a few others; thus payments are a breeze for clients. As a non-accountant, Xero is easy to use even when you get into all the features it provides.

Cons

They have made some changes to their UI esp where invoices and expenses are concerned. Luckily for older users, expenses are still free however, for new users it isnt and each person filing expenses on it needs to pay a small fee. I think it should be free for a small number of users (atleast 2) and then charged.

Reasons for choosing Xero

There was no multi-currency in Quickbooks available. Bank feeds were also not there for some of the banks I wanted. For a similar price point Xero offered better features and a product that was easier to use for a non-accountant.

Reasons for switching to Xero

Freshbooks didnt give Multi-currency and it was causing problems with reporting

Judah

Solid platform

So far, it has been amazing. I have little to no complaints. Everyone that I have moved to Xero have told me thank you.

Pros

Xero is an accounting software that just works. I have used so many different platforms, and Xero has been the easiest and most reliable software I have found.

Cons

1099 reports are too limited. Tracking categories are too limited. Support can phone it in when you first reach out to them, but if you set up a time to chat with someone they are extremely helpful.

Reasons for switching to Xero

Quickbooks ethics and support was enough to drive me crazy. When you would call QBO support 5 times, you will most likely get 5 different answers and they will usually contradict each other.

Xero is an awesome bookkeeping solution for small business owners!

Xero is an awesome bookkeeping and accounting software solution for startups and small business owners. It is indeed a good match for business owners who know nothing about accounting in order to keep their books and to properly manage their finances. From my own experience, I found that Xero is very user-friendly and its accounting interface is streamlined, almost seamless, and uncluttered. The Demo Company is very useful as you can manipulate data without worrying about messing up vital information in your practice company. Xero’s accounting dashboard shows the snapshot of your business (i.e., bank balances and reconciling items, outstanding invoices, and bills, accounts on the watchlist, etc.) and fully customizable depending on your needs. Quickbooks had been the leader of accounting software for small businesses for quite some time but Xero is becoming more popular because of its competitive offering and value proposition. Xero’s starting plan is very affordable and you have the option to add-on some features depending on your need. It also offers a basic inventory and fixed asset management functionality in all of its plans, which is very cool! And the best thing about Xero is the unlimited users allowed to access the financial information.

Pros

- Affordable and cost less for startups and small businesses - Includes fixed assets and inventory management in all of its plans - Very user-friendly especially during migration or conversion of data - Allows unlimited users - Friendly 24/7 customer support

Cons

- Some countries lack a built-in payroll option. - Customized reporting options are still limited. I wish Xero can allow you to create your own report. - The contact list of customers and suppliers is mixed together and needs to set-up manually to organize.

Reasons for choosing Xero

Xero is more commonly used by my target market: New Zealand, Australia and Malaysia.

Reasons for switching to Xero

Excel and spreadsheets for bookkeeping and accounting become very hard to maintain over time and can be time-consuming. Additionally, it is also prone to errors and data corruption. Therefore, it is not sustainable especially if you are growing your business.

Craig

I can't wait for it to be finished!

It's a lot of money to get setup with a certified consultant. Very few consultants available in Canada. When we did find one she was great but she bills you for every second she works. As in not any free advice. My lawyer is easier to work with.

Pros

As a former quickbooks user of about 20 years, it was a big deal to switch platforms. At first glance it looked like it would do everything we wanted. I loved the price point, the interface and relative ease of use. The multi currency was great as was the ability to integrate with Stripe. You make a lot of compromises to save on the huge monthly cost of quickbooks but there are workarounds.

Cons

There are so many things that are just common/must have's for any business. Things like progressive billing, job costing and even the ability to make your own journal entries are missing. We had to hire a consultant and spend around $800 just to get it to add purchases easier to the mix with HubDoc. You see job costing catagories at the invoice level but not software or 3rd party app to back it up. The single most annoying thing about it is the support. It's non existent. You complain, They tell you its not a problem and ignore your requests. I struggle daily with the search function. I can't get about 50% of my searches to work. The clients I'm looking for are entered. I'm typing them in fine but you often have to visit contacts menu and find them manually by quote number or just never ending scrolling. Upon complaining numerous times the best they can do is say "it might take up to two weeks for your contacts to sync. " Xero: It's 2020 and the dark ages of cloud software have passed. You need to fix the search function and add job costing to be considered a contender. So here we are in 2020, manually adding each of our sales to a spreadsheet and adding the subsequent bills to it to see if we made $. They make it incredibly hard to contact support and they are quite unresponsive when they do reply to your ticket. They try really hard to push you to support forums, where there are literally hundreds of complaints on the same issue with the ability to comment closed.

Reasons for choosing Xero

It had multi currency and the ability to API with Stripe. As an ecommerce firm selling in CDA and USA this is a hard thing to locate in the existing pool of apps.

Reasons for switching to Xero

The pricing was ridiculous for a 3 person firm. Support was moved to India and was completely useless.

Showing 1 - 25 of 2,074 reviews