Zoho Books

Zoho Books Reviews

RATING:

• icon"The setup is fairly straightforward, and the learning curve is very manageable. It's really nice to have a good (and reasonable) set of defaults for categories and account structure."
  • icon"Through the Zoho Books software, our payments integration is always great and fabulous."
  • icon"It's a good software but needs to be completely free. I enjoy using it mainly because I have a zohomail account."
  • icon"They call you at ridiculous times and then email to say they called and to call them back. You call them back and no one is available."
  • icon"I was afraid to use it, no knowing who would be viewing our data."
  • icon"Login interface sometimes confused me as I accidentally logged into other zoho products."

All Zoho Books Reviews

Jordan

June 2022

Great QuickBooks competitor with additional features to boot

Deepak

Great Collaboration

Great experience although after 2 years we are still learning, it is good for indian accounting system

Pros

The statement download from bank and reconciliation option is great GST filing options are great Dashboard is very well designed Android application is very useful

Cons

I would have prefered if it has quotation sending options also Process sometimes seems too long for creating manual vouchers

Online Cloud base GST enabled software, and ready for integrations

Krishna

May 2022

It's an excellent internet service for small businesses

In general, Zoho Books is the finest accounting software for start-ups and small businesses. The following functionalities are included in this simple to use application: Assign Shortcuts, Create Quick Reports a UX that is easy to use, Software as a service (SaaS): It's simple to use and integrates well with the rest of the Zoho suite. Updates that arrive quickly and on a frequent basis.

Pros

As a whole, Zoho Books is an excellent tool for new businesses and organizations. It's an excellent choice. Having everything in one location is a great feature of this book. The reports are highly user-friendly, and the balance is simple to handle. Books has a wide range of features and is well-integrated with the company's other products.

Cons

When a financial institution makes an update, Zoho Books takes a long time to make the change, making it difficult to keep track of all expenditures. Statement import instructions are out-of-date. Customer service is terrible; no one ever tells you when an issue will be fixed.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

Zoho's cloud-based architecture allows us to access the service from almost anywhere, and the app's approval capabilities allow us to approve tasks right from our smartphones.

Aninda

Good Billing Application

It was awesome to use Zoho books, it improved our operational efficiency and was very easy to use.

Pros

This is an efficient and affordable billing application. Serves all the basic needs and is capable of handling large data sets.

Cons

Customer or Product Support seriously needs to improve. Every customer needs a modification as per their business requirements and Zoho shall cater those changes actively.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Books

Zoho Books had local support team, which is why we put our trust on them.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

Freshbooks was very basic back then and had very limited set of features.

Gregory

November 2022

Product works well for the cost.

Mixed feelings. When product works, it works well. Especially the bank feeds. Unfortunately, they often go down and are sometimes down for weeks or months.

Pros

Works well for the cost. Just about all the accounting basics included.

Cons

The support is horrible. Lots of misunderstanding when it comes to understanding the problem. Very slow to resolve anything, if they're able too.

Price

Mahir

Perfect Accounting System

Zoho Books improved our efficiency and helped improve our business processes.

Pros

This is your all-in-one accounting system to cover all your business needs.

Cons

Learning curve is a bit typical initially but once you get the hang of it, it'd turn out to be an awesome application for your company.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Books

Zoho Books had local product support engineers which is why we put our trust on them!

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

Freshbooks was expensive to maintain

Joel

Herramienta para los negocios

Muy buena. Como software contable para negocios pequeños es muy bueno. üsenlo

Pros

Su simplicidad y la capacidad de integración con algunos servicios (Especialmente con Pay Pal) lo hacen una herramienta mas que recomendable. Como contador debo decir que si hubiese algunas funciones personalizadas para algunos países latinoamericanos sería perfecto.

Cons

Falta de integración con Sheets de Google.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

Simplicidad y facilidad de importación y exportación de datos.

Dylan

November 2022

Delivers a lot for the price

Pros

More affordable than most other bookkeeping software. Supports multiple currencies right off the bat, no matter which plan you're on. Responsive and helpful customer service. Easy to use with a clean and customizable interface.

Cons

Transaction categorization was a bit confusing at first for me. It can also be hard to sort through and find old transactions at times due to lack of customization. For example, when looking at a leger of transactions for a specific bank account, you can't customize which fields to show for each transaction. Another thing that is slightly annoying is that Zoho limits the number of Customers/Vendors you can add for each plan they offer. Once you reach the limit you have to pay more in order to add more.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Books

Supported multi-currency on every payment plan.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

Didn't support multi-currency unless you paid more.

Jose R.

Industry: Computer Networking

The best invoicing / accounting tool for freelancers, period.

Zoho Books is just a fantastic tool. Coming from Freshbooks and paying a hefty fee for it I was not only limited in terms of features (and paypal support) but also somewhat bored with their lackluster interface. Zoho was great and hit all the marks for me, the interface is simple and intuitive and the price point at my scale is just unbeatable. I can't see any other accounting system after using Zoho Books.

Pros

This is the best bang for buck you can get if you are a startup, an independent freelancer or just need invoicing to start. There is no other system comparable with Zoho at this price point.

Cons

There are many features I didn't test because they are out of realm for my specific needs. I am sure for others they might be important but if these were "enabled as needed" rather than always there cluttering the interface that would be better.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Books

Price and features are at the top of the list here. There is absolutely no comparison with Freshbooks. Freshbooks charges more for less features.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

Freshbooks was costing me three times the cost of Zoho Books (at my level) and it didn't offer Paypal on its new version. I needed paypal for my freelance business so I had to move away. The price on Zoho made the process a lot easier.

Bernardino

November 2022

Zoho Books, un programa para llevar el control total de la facturación de tu empresa

Es muy buena porque te permite conectar con el departamento de ventas con Zoho CRM, el de proyectos, analítica, email marketing etc.

Pros

Se pueden hacer muchas automatizaciones y recordatorios para que los clientes te paguen. Pero lo más interesante es que se puede sincronizar con tu banco de tal forma que puedes puntear los movimientos y llevar el control 100% de las facturas. Si se te pasa una el programa de indica que te falta la factura para que de esta forma lleves un control total. Además luego puedes sacar más de 70 informes de ventas, clientes, proveedores, etc.

Cons

Es un programa de Facturación exclusivamente, es decir, no se hace la contabilidad, se pueden exportar las facturas e importar en algún otro programa contable. Hay un partner premium de Zoho que tiene hecha una integración con otro software para hacer la contabilidad 100% automatizada.

Nikki

Industry: Publishing

Efficient, affordable took that's essential for my business

I switched to Zoho Books from FreshBooks a little over a year ago when the cost of FreshBooks became unmanageable and free options, such as Wave, did not serve my purposes. I was also looking for a cloud invoicing/expense-tracking system that was less glitchy and easier to use. Zoho Books is all of that. As a sole proprietor, the price suits my budget perfectly. Clients have told me that paying me through Zoho is much easier than paying me through FreshBooks or Wave. At tax time, it's easy to send my Profit & Loss report to my accountant. I also like that I can attach receipts to my expenses. I'm very thankful for Zoho Books and hope they continue to meet the needs of sole proprietors like me.

Pros

Zoho Books is easy for me to use and much easier for my clients to use when paying me. They've given me positive feedback about their invoicing experiences. It's also affordable, which was a huge deciding factor when I switched from another cloud invoicing program.

Cons

I wish I could see when a client has "viewed" my invoice. Also, I didn't realize that listing vendors on my expenses, such as Amazon, would count as "Contacts" and use up some of my slots. I'm glad I know now and I'm rectifying it.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Books

Although both Wave and And.co offer free versions, I found them harder to use (particularly Wave). Clients found Wave a bit glitchy and the software was not intuitive.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

FreshBooks raised their rates to outrageous levels and gave little advance notice about it. The software was glitchy and my clients were complaining about having difficulty paying. Their system went down at least once a week, which has fortunately not happened to me yet with Zoho Books. Although FreshBooks touts their live customer support, I encountered some rather cranky people there (they were probably fed up with getting calls about the humongous price increase). I'd rather interact with a helpful Zoho support person via chat than an unpleasant FreshBooks support person by phone.

October 2022

Zoho Books is great solution for money flow management

Pros

Zoho Books is an excellent cloud based solution for money flow management that meets olur expectations.

Cons

Team collaboration related features of Zoho Books are not quite sufficient for our requirements.

November 2022

Zoho Books is the most advanced Online accounting software, built for your business.

With Zoho Books, you can create multi-currency invoices and manage multiple bank and credit card accounts. The best thing about Zoho Books is that it is cloud-based, making it a complete accounting solution.

Pros

Why businesses choose Zoho Books as their accounting softwareAccounting from start to finishWith Zoho Books, you can focus on your business instead of mundane accounting tasks.Collaboration is easyIn addition to logging time, viewing reports, and managing your accounts, colleagues and accountants can gain access to your organisation through role-based access.A platform that is integratedFrom wherever you are, you can manage and run every aspect of your business with Zoho's 50+ apps.

Cons

There is one thing I did not like, and that is there are no payment gateways from the same system, so you will have to create a business account in a payment gateway like Stripe

Juliana

Industry: Food Production

Easy finances with Zoho Books

Zoho Books is helping us automate many processes that we do every day on our business, many tasks and many payments that we receive throughout the week. It is a software that is extremely helpful when it comes to setting up a workflow that will benefit our work environment, and it provides useful solutions to manage payments, invoices, and all the financial data that comes with it, it has made everything easier because we don't have to worry about manually processing every payment or manually creating and sending an invoice, with Zoho Books, all these things become simple and we are able to keep a directory with all the crucial information for payments and invoices.

Pros

Zoho Books is an accounting software that provides the best experience when automating the accounting workflow. It has a great variety of tools that help enhance the process and I like how once the data has been imported, it only takes a few clicks to process payments and other billing options. Also, the option to manage all invoices is pretty beneficial, it allows me to keep track of all the payments that clients need to make and it provides a place where I can keep track of these invoices every month and know how much people owe our business; thanks to this feature, it also allows me to process payments differently, because I can have all the data in this single place and it makes it easier to integrate with many payment options so everything is done quicker, providing a nice experience for both ourselves as a business and for our clients. I like that Zoho Books is very user-friendly and it was not difficult to import all the data in order to start using it.

Cons

I think that the customer support is lacking a lot, it feels like they keep trying to be responsive but still, they do take a lot of time to get back to you once reached out. I don't like this part of the software because it does not feel like I can fully rely on them for help.

Jordan

May 2022

Great QuickBooks competitor with additional features to boot

Pros

I am a big fan of Zoho Books. For the same price of a QuickBooks subscription, I was able to purchase a license to Zoho One, which comes with dozens of other valuable apps (Zoho Forms, Zoho CRM, Zoho Survey, Zoho Social, Zoho Marketing Automation, Zoho Analytics, Zoho Sign, Zoho Meeting, Zoho Desk, Zoho Projects, Zoho Expenses, Zoho Recruit, Zoho Flow). I did the math recently, and figured out that if I were to buy each of the Zoho applications I use from an equivalent competitor, I would be spending $600 more than the cost of a Zoho One subscription each month. For Zoho Books in particular, it has all of the features I used in QuickBooks, plus easy-to-use workflow automations and integrations with the rest of the Zoho One suite. It's very helpful to be able to cross-reference Zoho Books data within their CRM for example. Overall, I highly recommend Zoho Books, but encourage you to purchase the full Zoho One suite rather than Books as a standalone application.

Cons

I wish they had a few more payment processors available.

Reasons for choosing Zoho Books

Integration with Zoho One.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

For the same price as QuickBooks, I was able to get the full Zoho One Suite.