All Zoho Books Reviews

Banking, 1 employee

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed January 2023

Zoho Books is awesome for the solopreneur

Tracey

Management Consulting, 1 employee

Reviewed March 2022

Intuitive and comprehensive accounting software, ideal for small businesses

Excellent software - use it daily to keep my records up to date, invoice customers and process payments. Couldn't recommend it more highly.

PROS

Easy to use, mobile app is also excellent for updating on the move. Clear reporting, easy to take a snapshot of business performance. Tailorable so invoices are fully branded and customer e-mails can be tailored. Love the payment receipt feature so clients are updated once payment processed.

CONS

Can be a little tricky to set the profit & loss to cover the right months, need to play around with the dates.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

Zoho is much easier to use, more intuitive, less clunky and better value

Jabir

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Reviewed June 2023

Good Online Accounting Software

Simple software, can do the accounting with less accounting knowledge, its able access from any were in online.

PROS

ZOHO has many other apps implementation and its able to customize according to our requirement.

CONS

Reporting format of Balance sheet and Profit loss in excel need to improve.

Reason for choosing Zoho Books

Can Access from anywhere, for our client can access from the abroad

Alicia

Accounting, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2023

Blocks you when you need it.

Currently, Zoho Books is not capable of handling volume entries. You will be blocked if you go too fast, as I do. Then you have to wait hours before you can get back in. I created several users to be able to do my work. Also, the batch import feature does not work, since it does not pick up the product code on multi-line invoices. Our pricing went up last year, but Zoho's recurring invoices didn't pick up the new pricing, and the customers were invoiced at the old price, which caused massive service problems. Because of this, we are moving to another software, and I cancelled the auto-renewal with Zoho. Our access was immediately blocked (despite paying for the remainder of the year in advance), and now nobody has access to our own accounting. Currently, there is no one available in support to assist us, so we are waiting for a callback. It's beyond frustrating. The system is terrible, and the support is even worse. I do not recommend Zoho to any company.

PROS

It looks modern and intuitive. It has a sales portal that customers can access online and view their invoices and payments. That is the feature that sold the program to us.

CONS

The debit and credit side is the wrong way round as it follows the Indian system. For example, in the UK a sales balance of -£100 means that the customer owes £100 pounds and has to pay. In Zoho however, it means that the customer is in credit by £100 and would potentially need a refund. Blocks you if you type and click your mouse fast. There are problems with batch invoicing, and it takes a lot of time to review invoices one by one. The system does not extract more than 100 statements at a time. You really should find another system if your sales ledger is large.

Jose

Furniture, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2024

You can't go wrong with Zoho

I am very happy with the choice. Tremendous software.

PROS

I am not a professional accountant but I know administration and finance. Zoho has given me the tools I need for managing finances, purchasing, and invoicing.

CONS

The inventory module comes separately and I would like it to be included. Inventory vs final product costing would be a nice addition.

Deepak

Reviewed October 2019

Great Collaboration

Great experience although after 2 years we are still learning, it is good for indian accounting system

PROS

The statement download from bank and reconciliation option is great GST filing options are great Dashboard is very well designed Android application is very useful

CONS

I would have prefered if it has quotation sending options also Process sometimes seems too long for creating manual vouchers

Online Cloud base GST enabled software, and ready for integrations

Andre

Reviewed August 2022

They don't fix old issues

There are a lot of outstanding problems that users have notified them about and I continuously see people bringing up the same problems years after they were first brought to the attention of the developers.

PROS

It was relatively easy to switch from the previous accounting software.

CONS

They do not fix old issues unless they are critical to the functioning of the software.

Reason for choosing Zoho Books

1 year free Zoho Books subscription offer through Wave Accounting to switch away from Wave.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

Because Wave was bought by H&R Block and they decided NOT to support anyone outside of the USA anymore.

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed July 2019

Great Tool For Suite Users

We are running all of our books for our small business with Zoho Books. It is simple to sync bank accounts and credit card accounts, and quickly categorize expenses, and run reports. Pleased with results.

PROS

Very simple to categorize funds, connectivity with other tools in Zoho Suite.

CONS

Anytime a new vender is updated to an expense item, the screen needs to be reloaded and refreshed before that same vender can be selected for another item.

Pricepoint and accessibility

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

Better accessability, and price point for us.

Phaneendra Kumar

Reviewed December 2022

Best Accounting Software for Small Businesses

Too good, I am a Zoho One member and for the price I am paying I am very much satisfied with the product

PROS

Online Invoice creation, Sending & Payment Collection, Invoice tracking, Inventory Mangement, Bank Reconciliation

CONS

Not anything in particular, But the option to send Invoices to Whatsapp would have been better if made available.

Reason for choosing Zoho Books

Simple, Convenient, Perform and monitor day to day entries easily, create send and collect payment easily.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

I am in need of some simple solution rather than complex one.

Rick

Construction, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed March 2023

Zoho Books has been our go to for invoicing for years

I started using Zoho Books many years ago and have used it ever since. It's been easy to use and the customer service has been great whenever I need a little help. It's simple to create new invoices and it's what I always recommend to others. Every so often I try other services but always end up back at Zoho and all their different services.

PROS

I have been using a single template for years and it's made my life very easy. It even creates the invoice and reminds me to send it.

CONS

I wish Zoho Books would automatically send the invoice for me but it's not a big deal. I just really like automation whenever possible.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

Zoho customer service has been top notch and Zoho Books is part of a much larger suite of services so the integration is great.

Unenabasi Godwin

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed July 2020

Incredible Accounting Software for Freelancers and Startups

Zoho helps my business keep accurate accounting records, bill customer and drive down receivables.

PROS

Zoho captures every aspect of my company's finances. The tool makes it easy for you to create estimates, and invoices, capture bills and expenses as well as monitor business health. The muti-user feature lets business track expenses and movement of funds between departments and business teams. Another incredible feature that makes Zoho stand out is their customer support. They have an amazing support team that responds quickly. Plus, they help you valuable suggestions to help you navigate difficult accounting operations.

CONS

Zoho does not have an offline capability. The software is cloud-based so you must have an internet connection to access the software.

Reason for choosing Zoho Books

Zoho is easy to use and their support team responds on time.

Nikki

Publishing, 1 employee

Reviewed September 2020

Efficient, affordable took that's essential for my business

I switched to Zoho Books from FreshBooks a little over a year ago when the cost of FreshBooks became unmanageable and free options, such as Wave, did not serve my purposes. I was also looking for a cloud invoicing/expense-tracking system that was less glitchy and easier to use. Zoho Books is all of that. As a sole proprietor, the price suits my budget perfectly. Clients have told me that paying me through Zoho is much easier than paying me through FreshBooks or Wave. At tax time, it's easy to send my Profit & Loss report to my accountant. I also like that I can attach receipts to my expenses. I'm very thankful for Zoho Books and hope they continue to meet the needs of sole proprietors like me.

PROS

Zoho Books is easy for me to use and much easier for my clients to use when paying me. They've given me positive feedback about their invoicing experiences. It's also affordable, which was a huge deciding factor when I switched from another cloud invoicing program.

CONS

I wish I could see when a client has "viewed" my invoice. Also, I didn't realize that listing vendors on my expenses, such as Amazon, would count as "Contacts" and use up some of my slots. I'm glad I know now and I'm rectifying it.

Reason for choosing Zoho Books

Although both Wave and And.co offer free versions, I found them harder to use (particularly Wave). Clients found Wave a bit glitchy and the software was not intuitive.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

FreshBooks raised their rates to outrageous levels and gave little advance notice about it. The software was glitchy and my clients were complaining about having difficulty paying. Their system went down at least once a week, which has fortunately not happened to me yet with Zoho Books. Although FreshBooks touts their live customer support, I encountered some rather cranky people there (they were probably fed up with getting calls about the humongous price increase). I'd rather interact with a helpful Zoho support person via chat than an unpleasant FreshBooks support person by phone.

Aninda

Information Technology and Services, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2022

Good Billing Application

It was awesome to use Zoho books, it improved our operational efficiency and was very easy to use.

PROS

This is an efficient and affordable billing application. Serves all the basic needs and is capable of handling large data sets.

CONS

Customer or Product Support seriously needs to improve. Every customer needs a modification as per their business requirements and Zoho shall cater those changes actively.

Reason for choosing Zoho Books

Zoho Books had local support team, which is why we put our trust on them.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

Freshbooks was very basic back then and had very limited set of features.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Great for a small business

We moved from an ancient copy of Billings (a Mac-only program), and chose Zoho over the main competition based on ease of use and the need to handle customer retainers smoothly.

PROS

The setup is fairly straightforward, and the learning curve is very manageable. It's really nice to have a good (and reasonable) set of defaults for categories and account structure. That made initial use and customization pretty easy to do. The documentation is generally good, and tip links are numerous.

CONS

The only thing I find even slightly annoying is that the feed connection to the bank account is often "broken", but on the positive side the status is clear and whatever issues exist seem to fix themselves automatically within a day or two. It's not really a show-stopper; it's just annoying when I want to "clean up" things and the bank feed isn't fully current.

Reason for choosing Zoho Books

Zoho was less expensive than QuickBooks, and seemed to be more approachable. Wave didn't handle retainers as well (at least at that time).

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

The previous product had been discontinued.

1 employee

Reviewed April 2021

Has the potential, but not the backup

Absolutely terrible. If not for the terrible support, this product would actually be quite good. But for anyone who is new to any system, there's always questions and help needed. That's the nature of IT. And unfortunately Zoho have completely missed the mark and don't appear to care about improving on that at all.

PROS

The software is extensive and seems easy enough to use. Supports advanced accounting functionality and would be a good solution for any small business.

CONS

The customer service is absolutely appalling. In fact, it's not even fair to call it customer service because it's more like communicating with the abyss. No matter how many times you call or email, no one follows up - and if they do it's certainly not in a timely manner. They call you at ridiculous times and then email to say they called and to call them back. You call them back and no one is available. You leave a message for the agent to call you back and no one does.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

The business was ceasing operations outside of the US & Canada - while I could have continued to use the solution it wasn't clear whether existing functionality was going to change and therefore break how I used the system - and if that were the case, because I'm not in their target market region, no support would have been available for me.

Theresa

Publishing, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Migrated from Wave to Zoho Books. Horrible experience

Precious time wasted. After reading their manuals, watching their videos, Googling answers, I finally had a one-on-one training session with a trainer who advised me to employ the services of a Zoho-experienced accountant in South Africa. We had thought that because of Wave Accounting's recommendation, that Zoho Books would be similarly user-friendly and intuitive. It is not at all.

PROS

They seem to have an impressive array of apparently useful functions.

CONS

This is the most non-intuitive, difficult, cumbersome, obscure programme I have ever worked with. Example: even in deleting our account after wasting hours trying to become functional, the instructions seemed to be clear: Log in to your account. Click the user picture. Click My Account. In the account page, select the Preferences tab. Click Close Account in the left menu. Except THERE IS NO PREFERENCES TAB IN THE LEFT MENU. They forgot to tell you to click on Settings first, and THEN select Preferences. A perfect example of what to expect from the entire platform.

Reason for choosing Zoho Books

Because of Wave's recommendation.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

Because Wave recommended South African users switch to Zoho.

Sara

Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed January 2023

As soon as ZohoBooks is set up, creating invoices is a breeze

Once you have your invoice template set up, creating invoices is a breeze. Zoho Books integrates quite smoothly with both Zoho CRM and Zoho Subscriptions. It would be helpful if there were a way to customize reminder emails depending on the reason the invoice was not paid.

PROS

Each and every one of our clients' billing and subscription needs are handled by me personally. We really liked how simple it was to link Zoho Books and Zoho CRM. Since our customers come from all over the world, having access to many payment gateways is invaluable. The creating goods function is quite beneficial, since we offer numerous services at different pricing.

CONS

Workflow and Invoice Personalization. One company's choice of languages for use with international clients.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

Their help desk staff is quick to respond and really knowledgable. Even if your question isn't directly related to Zoho Books, they will do their best to find a solution. Not having access to such a helpful support staff would have prevented us from making many of the customizations we did.

Mohammed

Industrial Automation, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Smart Accounting Software Built for Business

My overall experience with Zoho Books is good and I've been using it for the past three years and have recommended it to a number of clients.

PROS

-Zoho Books is an easy-to-use accounting app which displays all your financial information in a simple format and a person with less or no knowledge of accounting can also use it. -Zoho Books eliminates the need to manually enter data, lowering the risk of errors. -With access control and audit trails, Zoho Books ensures data integrity and gives you complete control over your business data. -GST compliance is automatic with Zoho Books. The Government of India has named it the Best App in the Business Category. -Zoho Books integrates with other business applications, allowing you to access and work with your data from a single place. Integrations are available with Zoho People, Zoho CRM, Zoho Projects, Zoho Reports, and more. -Zoho Books creates professional reports automatically to help you communicate your data effectively. You can also personalize reports by filtering and organizing them to your preferences. -Zoho Books saves all of your financial information in the cloud, where it can be quickly restored, so you never have to worry about losing data.

CONS

-The app is appropriate for small and medium-sized businesses. It is incapable of managing complex corporate processes. - On weekends (Saturday & Sunday), the support crew is not available to help clients with their problems. -The software doesn’t allow you to import contacts from your social media sites. It allows you to build your client details through the inbuilt mail feature. -There is no budgeting feature available.

Reasons for switching to Zoho Books

We moved from system based software to cloud-based software.

Amy