All WizeHive Reviews

Reviewed April 2024

WizeHive Does The Job.

Orsella

The Best Decision for our Grant Management

With Wizehive, the grant management process at our foundation has changed for the better drastically. To have 100's of grant applications in one place and be able to manage archived and current applications with ease has cut my work by more than half.

PROS

The customer service is unmatched. From billing to IT, messages are returned on the same day. For me, that is better than the program itself. I never speak to a BOT or an AI rep. I can actually still speak/email with a human and that makes me stay with Wizehive.

CONS

I haven't run into any issues using Wizehive.

Laura

Education Management, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Powerful Database with Unlimited Functionality and Incredible Support

The WizeHive Team is thoughtful, intentional, and focused on excellence in their product and their customer relationships. I know several team members by name and consistently receive personalized, immediate, and knowledgeable support. From the beginning, WizeHive provides a customized experience for every client, and the support and personal touch do not end after the contract is signed. Our team is excited about all of the time and systems we have saved by switching to WizeHive.

PROS

WizeHive replaced our applicant tracking system, time tracking software, onboarding app, CRM, survey administration app, contact management app, mail merge app, and countless spreadsheets, docs, and graphs stored in Drive and Dropbox. The software has incredible functionality, and the WizeHive Team functions as an extension of our team - responding promptly and supportively to every request, helping us learn how to use the system more effectively, and requesting feedback for how to improve their support!

CONS

WizeHive has a potential learning curve if you want to take full advantage of all of its potential. However, the Implementation Team works closely with every client to plan the implementation that aligns with your goals for not only usage but also management. My only complaint, which the Support Team has graciously heard and recorded, is that whitelisted/vanity email addresses and system addresses are not available. We solved this challenge by using Zapier to connect our email accounts and Rebrandly to create a web address that is branded, but if I could change one thing, this would be it.

Reason for choosing WizeHive

WizeHive allowed us to address multiple workstreams in one coherent system. It also allows us to bulk process applicants and set up systems that are unique to our team. The WizeHive Sales Team really listened to our pain points, process, and vision before designing a workflow that was customized for us. Instead of opening 10 Chrome tabs a day to track different processes, we all open WizeHive and are ready to go!

Reasons for switching to WizeHive

Fluid Review was transitioning to Survey Monkey Apply. We had a great experience with Fluid Review, but it and its successor Survey Monkey Apply focus on the application/scholarship management process, and we have robust onboarding needs for our AmeriCorps grant and programming.

5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed April 2019

NOT Worth IT!

The service has been above average but the platform is designed so poorly it takes away from any saving grace. This has been a horrifying experience for me!

PROS

Able to mange several programs simultaneously.

CONS

Not user-friendly Administrators are only sometimes timely in responding to issues Every item has to be built out every single year Time-consuming Too expensive! Again, not user-friendly Waste of time and money. Will not renew!

We're so sorry that you have found the platform difficult to use. We'd love to be able to connect with you directly about your concerns and help, but as we have not received this feedback from any of our clients we're not sure who you are or how to assist. Please reach out directly to your implementation lead. Also, WizeHive is not the administrator of any of the programs on our platform; the organizations we work with manage their programs. If you are a reviewer who is having issues with the program administrator please contact them directly.

Replied April 2019

Emily

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2024

Manage applications & team workflows with Wizehive

PROS

The best part about Wizehive was being able to create a custom workflow and experience for my team's diverse needs. Using Wizehive allowed us to put 3 different workflows, used by 3 different teams/roles all in one place. And the experience for the user is a lot easier than other systems for processing applications.

CONS

The only thing I didn't like was testing out the views for different roles within my workspace. It makes it hard to train other teams when their views look different than an admin view and I can't toggle back and forth but instead have to start playing with incognito windows, permissions, fake email addresses etc

Megan

Non-Profit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Reviewed November 2020

Simple, Easily Customizable Software

Overall, Wizehive has made our application and administration process extremely simple. The support staff is very responsive and helpful whenever I cannot figure out how to do something within the system on my own. Our users have given great feedback on the ease of use as well.

PROS

We transitioned from Salesforce to Wizehive to manage a grant application and administration process. The transition was extremely smooth and I really appreciate the Wizehive staff's assistance in setting up the system. It has been so simple to update the software to fit our needs as the program as evolved, and to revamp it for another application cycle. We've also been able to integrate more of our grant processes into the software, making it simpler for staff and users.

CONS

It can occasionally be difficult to remember where all pieces of the software - aka where certain settings are, where updates should be made, etc.

Reasons for switching to WizeHive

We needed a user-friendly software that we could easily update on our own, without external administrators or complex backend coding.

Lisa

Reviewed February 2020

Wizehive Zengine Simplified my Life!

Being a new foundation, the WizeHive Zengine platform allowed us to remain focused on building our organization's capacity. This platform has literally saved us hundreds of hours!. My favorite feature is the ability for multiple reviewers to evaluate and score grant proposals via an online portal. This feature alone saves time spent shuffling papers and sending emails back and forth, not to mention greatly reducing our margin of error.

PROS

The Wizehive Zengine platform provided me with a one stop solution for our foundation grant program needs. The interface is clean and simple and it is amazingly easy to use, even for someone like me who is not a "techie." Our client implementation specialist was very service oriented and patient and made sure we were able to competently navigate the platform plus the online support tools are very useful and informative.

CONS

There was nothing that I didn't like about the Zengine platform.

Reason for choosing WizeHive

The WizeHive Zengine platform was simply the easiest to use from an administrative stance. The fact that it was so affordable was a secondary bonus!

Tira

Reviewed December 2023

Improving Grants Management and Processes

This experience has been wonderful and I would recommend WizeHive to anyone I know that works with grants and the management of them.

PROS

My favorite part of WizeHive honestly outside of functionality of the software, but the staff I have worked with throught the sale and implementation process. I cannot speak highly enough about the staff at WizeHive. They are knowledgable, friendly, and so responsive.

CONS

The WizeHive Academy modules are a little overwhelming especially when you don't have a lot of time to really dig into them.

Reason for choosing WizeHive

WizeHive met all of our needs better than the other.

Breezy

Reviewed November 2023

Excellent Service from the Very Beginning

PROS

The helps and service we have received from the beginning of our implementation has been excellent. We have had all of our questions and concerns answered. Anything we needed to be done has been done.

CONS

We want to be able to easily text our Scholars through the platform and are hoping for improvements in that area in the future.

Reasons for switching to WizeHive

Gradsnapp is going out of business. I was sad, however, it appears that WizeHive is going to be more user friendly and streamline many of my tasks.

Ashley

Non-Profit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Top tier customer service

This has completely met our financial management needs and tracking all of our grant funding.

PROS

WizeHive customer support is the best you could get. They helped us develop a system that is completely geared toward us and isn't your typical grant management system.

CONS

Early on the PDF didn't always work correctly but since this has been fixed.

Reason for choosing WizeHive

When meeting with other companies they didn't have the flexibility we needed to customize the end product.

Reasons for switching to WizeHive

There is less chance of errors with this system.

Jervonia

The Best Experience!

Overall experience with WizeHive was phenomenal. From start to finish, everything was quick and easy and my implementation coordinator, [sensitive content hidden] , was amazing! Thanks for everything!

PROS

I liked that there was always someone there to answer my questions and they knew exactly how to fix an issue.

CONS

It would be helpful to have some templates to go off of, such as grant agreements, sample questions, etc.

Reason for choosing WizeHive

Customer service. Ari answered my questions about price right off. I didn't have to drag it out of him.

Hannah

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed August 2017

This interface is easy to learn and use, and when questions arise customer service is very helpful!

WizeHive makes it possible to manage our grant program and the increasing number of proposals that we receive.

PROS

Customer service is very helpful and responsive. They're helpful in answering simple fix questions, as well as brainstorming on how their software can accommodate more complex requests. Very easy to build your own application form, as well as follow-up forms. The interface can be customized to fit your organization's branding. Online help articles are very helpful and easy to follow. Easy to create and customize reports. Easy to create a new workspace - its basically a copy, paste function. Overall - if we were to go through this process again, we would make the same decision to use WizeHive.

CONS

Applicants have to create new credentials every year in order to access their application so, they have separate logins for the year they are reporting in and the year they are applying for - that can get confusing. Yearly workspaces cannot communicate with one another so doing YTD comparisons can be challenging. There are some features, such as the calendar and cascading forms, within WizeHive that I wanted to utilize but were not sophisticated enough features to make it worthwhile. Sending an e-mail to users through the WizeHive app comes from the WizeHive domain and frequently goes to the spam folder. While you can direct replies to an internal e-mail, I would like for the e-mail to also appear as though it was sent from our domain.

Hannah - thank you very much for your thoughtful response and great feedback! We will follow up with you directly to discuss further as many of the items you noted have recently been addressed or are our on our near-term roadmap. Regarding the communication between yearly workspaces - this is a key priority for us and is on our near-term roadmap. Cascading forms is a core feature and we'd like to further discuss any issues you are experiencing to see if there is an immediate way to support/address your needs. For clients looking for more advanced calendar functionality, we have other options we can recommend. As for emails, we heard a similar concern from another client, investigated and made some changes to our email plugins that should significantly improve deliverability going forward. Thank you again! The WizeHive Team

Replied August 2017

Marisa

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Perfect for DIY Grant Management

Overall, our team is very happy with Wizehive, and we would absolutely use Wizehive again and recommend the platform. I hope that the software team continues to make aesthetic and functional updates, but as it is the platform does 98% of what we need it to, very well.

PROS

Wizehive has all of the features a grant administrator needs to centralize everything from communication with grantees, to the application itself, to the review process, to the final decision-making. It's been incredibly helpful for managing a program with >100 applicants, and we can track every submission from beginning to end, all in one place. The data view in particular lets you filter and cut applicant data every which way, and all of the forms relevant to one applicant are linked to each other, so even that is centralized. During the implementation process, our point person was flexible, fast, and responsive, and lived up to what we expected from our salesperson. For its price, Wizehive was the only platform we looked at with such an in-depth level of implementation support, and for that it's definitely singular.

CONS

Because Wizehive comes with so much customization, it takes a while to get the hang of, so a team definitely needs a dedicated person to spend some time getting familiar with the platform. Options and consequences are not always intuitive, so you might change something without realizing that you are breaking something else, especially among the submission portal, forms, review process, and review portal. I also wish that the data view would let you batch-select applicants--with so many, it's fairly tiring to move them into different folders one-by-one. Finally, summarizing review information from a review form only lets you do a certain menu (averaging, summing, etc. scores), and I wish that could instead be a custom formula.

Lacey

Reviewed February 2020

Scholarship Applications Made Easy

We now have everything related to our scholarship program in one system. Previously, we used Zengine for contact management and Select for our scholarship application process. We recently migrated our scholarship application process to Zengine and were able to provide our applicants and school partners a much easier to use, integrated system that I think makes our process easier on everyone involved.

PROS

We use Zengine as a contact management database, an award tracking database, and most recently, as a scholarship application system. I like how everything is linked and integrated making it easy to pull necessary information for mailings, outreach, data, research, etc. I find that the software is intuitive and easy to use.

CONS

The only thing that I dislike right now is that I'm not able to pull email delivery reports on auto-emails that are set up based on folder movements. This feature works well with the bulk email feature, but it would be helpful to also have delivery reports for the auto-email feature.

Beverly

Public Policy, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2020

Best Customer Service Ever!!!

Love it. Love it. Love.

PROS

The software is very user-friendly. The staff is extremely helpful and assists promptly. I have always been able to get an answer in a timely manner and have problems resolved quickly.

CONS

I have no issues even after 6 years of usage and is why I continue the service.

It cost and simplicity.

Financial Services, 51-200 employees

Creative & Efficient Grant Management System

PROS

The innate ability to create forms effortlessly is amplified by customization, resulting in a streamlined process. This fosters a unique data capture structure, enhancing efficiency in processing and operations.Customizable forms cater to diverse data collection needs, ensuring a seamless, tailored experience. This dynamic interaction doesn't compromise processing coherence; rather, it harmonizes customization with structured data handling, facilitating efficient downstream operations. This synergy optimizes information management, boosting operational agility and data-driven success.

CONS

Consider enhancing integration with external documents, including the option for in-house signatures, thus reducing reliance on third-party applications.

RaeAnne

Higher Education, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2023

The Best Choice For Our Growing Program

It was such an easy, quick decision to make. We'd met with multiple other programs that didn't quite fit, but after speaking with both the American Indian College Fund and the Cobell Scholarship, we decided to reach out to WizeHive. From the initial meeting, we were very optimistic about the program.

PROS

The build process was very organized with clear deadlines. The trainings before starting the build created a great foundation and the project map/plan was so convenient to keep an eye on what was due and when. Our Implementation Lead, [sensitive content hidden], was very knowledgeable about the program and always had quick solutions for us when we had questions. Super responsive and understanding about reschedules when needed, as well.

CONS

Starting out, learning the administrative side of WizeHive can be a bit confusing. However, I know it's really only practice that can resolve this.

Reason for choosing WizeHive

Price, features, WizeHive team seemed excited about working with us.

Reasons for switching to WizeHive

It didn't have the features we needed and wasn't very convenient for our applicants.

Galen

Government Administration, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed October 2023

Great product and even better customer service.

PROS

Very customizable forms and super helpful automation through Zapier. The customer support is very extensive, with an orientation to teaching the customer how to help themselves and make their own changes. Very refreshing approach. The grant reviewer experience is also very streamlined.

CONS

The amount of customization means this product will take time to learn or feel comfortable with for new or less experienced users.

Reason for choosing WizeHive

better value and features.

Ilene