• Pros

• "Fantastic customer support. Product is really flexible and customizable."

• "We've been using Advantage daily for 10+ years and are quite pleased with it. Tech support is great and very eager to help with any and all issues."

• "We've been told it is a better tool for us to track how many hours everyone is using and estimate time we will need for new projects."

• Cons

• "I really can't think of any cons, other than some users find it a little difficult to do specific things due to the complexity of the application features."

• "Despite investing lots of time and money into configuration and training, Advantage seems to slow us down. Project management and expense reporting are not fast or easy to use. "

• "Adjusting time constraints to keep files open, this may be "user error", Pulling producer time reports to break each out on specific jobs is cumbersome."

Browse Advantage Reviews

Karen from C+C

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Comprehensive Software designed for agencies

We are extremely happy with Advantage/Aqua! Billing clients used to take our accounting team 2-3 weeks. Now we can get invoice drafts done in just a few day with improved accuracy. Even after 5 months on the system, we continue to discover new capabilities and information that help us run the business.

Pros

Advantage has been specifically designed to fit the needs of a PR or Advertising agency. Its flexibility allowed us to adapt the software to support our existing processes. It's made our team more efficient and gives us much more insight into our business data and metrics. Project management capabilities improve communication, budgeting and scheduling across the organization. In a long career, Advantage has the best client support team with which I have ever worked! Calls are answered immediately, problems are addressed and the Advantage folks are a delight to work with. Even better, many of the customer support folks have worked at PR or advertising agencies so they really understand our challenges and can offer "best practices". Lastly, it is a cloud based system so our team can work from anywhere with no need for server access.

Cons

This is a complex system and the learning curve is steep. The first couple of months on the system were a real struggle (this is where that outstanding client support really comes in handy!). New users should be prepared that implementation is a big project that requires both dedicated resources and management support. Aqua, the program used by most agency staff, is a good user experience but the accounting system is old code and it looks & works like old code. Some of the menus are not very intuitive and it can take a while to figure out how to use them.

Steve from Clean

Excellent core app for us. Team loves it. Outstanding technical support.

Project management, accounting, workflow, routing, expenses, time tracking.

Pros

Our entire team on one platform for projects + accounting? And people love it? Is...such a thing even possible? It is - and it is Advantage. Having worked with Quickbooks, Netsuite, Sage, Foundation and all manner of home-grown horrors... Advantage is a wondrous breath of fresh air. I'm the IT Director and have not had a single incident or technical issue with Advantage (beyond your occasional password reset). The times that I have reached out to technical support have been largely for information / usage questions as I learned. They greeted us, recognizing our number, and were enthusiastic, professional, and unbelievably swift to answer any question or to solve any issue. I love that the software is hosted (at least for us). A joy to not have to deal with local servers, network shares, etc.

Cons

1 - long term - having 100% web based Advantage would be neat, but Citrix Receiver works perfectly on our Macs and PCs. 2 - The logins are a little weird (generic strings, rather than a custom username). Users will of course forget those, or write them on a sticky on their monitor (bad). We ended up making a chart of people's user logins and keep it in 1Password. Not a huge deal.

Administrator, trainer and support point of contact at my Agency for Advantage.

Automation for tedious work functions, workflow streamlined across departments, ease of use once you know the software. People appreciate the ease of the timesheet compared to other software programs. Nice dashboards and reporting offerings to get our data and metrics out quickly.

Pros

The breadth of offerings from this ERP system is fantastic, especially for an Agency to streamline their media, accounting, timesheets, project management, resource management and dynamic reporting functions. Their customer support is phenomenal as well and always willing to help my company out even if they don't agree with our setup or processes. They are always pushing out enhancements, new features and bug fixes which keeps you up-to-date and moving with technology.

Cons

There are some limitations to some of the functionality and features with this system that makes it aggravating to easily get some actions accomplished. Ex: timesheets could be easier to do if you could add multiple lines at one time or upload a spreadsheet or have an API tied to our other internal systems. We wish licensing was a little more affordable, especially if we had this hosted on premise at Advantage. The frequency of upgrading the system becomes a bit tedious to me but I understand it's needed.

Bethany from Summit Marketing

Not User Friendly

I preferred working with ASANA

Pros

Cons

We changed to this for project management and time tracking. It is one of the most frustrating interfaces I've ever seen. Nothing is intuitive. You have to click so many times to just get to the thing you need.

Response from Advantage Software Company

Replied July 2019

Hi Bethany, Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. I'm disappointed that you're having frustrations. We released a major update to UX earlier this year and the response has been overwhelmingly positive, particularly on our time-sheet module. We want to make sure you're getting all the support you need to manage your day with our all-in-one agency management platform (Accounting, Project Management, Media). You have access to free training videos at http://usercommunity.gotoadvantage.com/, and I'd be happy to arrange for a free training call with one of our project management experts. Please feel free to respond to the notification email and I'll personally work with you to align the right resources. I'll also reach out to the designated contact at your agency to see if there's anything we can do to better support you.Looking forward to connecting! Best Regards, Jeff Thrall, CRO

Ann M. from BVK

Using Advatage makes agency work easy

I used Advantage for the first time in my last job and had about 15 minutes of training and that's all I needed. At my current company, they didn't even train me when they learned I'd been in Advantage before. They let me figure it out on my own, even functionality I had not used before, and that was just fine

Pros

The ability to track hours, projects, and create jobs and purchase orders with this software is so easy and intuitive that I need almost no training in my last two positions to get up and running. I love that I can figure things out and basically train and trouble shoot for myself

Cons

It has so many more capabilities that I don't think our staff is using because we don't know what we don't know. Also, when an upgrade happens it can take a bit to get used to the new look and functionality, but isn't that true of any software?

Katherine from Current, powered by GE

Use Something Else

Pros

It's easy to log in. That's about it - I hate Advantage.

Cons

SO hard to use, not user friendly, oftentimes lags. Use anything else.

Response from Advantage Software Company

Replied November 2019

Hi Katherine, I see that you originally used the Advantage system a couple of years ago. I'm sorry you had a frustrating experience. Each of our clients tailors their environment uniquely to their needs, so I can't speak to the specifics of your experience, but I can share with you that the user interface was completely redesigned in early 2019.You can see a preview of it in this series of short 3-5 minute videos: https://info.gotoadvantage.com/aqua-overview-videos Please let me know if I can answer any questions or be of assistance. Best Regards, Jeff Jeff Thrall, CRO | Advantage Software EMAIL: jeff.thrall@advantage.software 704.662.9980 x430 119 Backstretch Lane | Mooresville, NC 28117

Bob from CJRW

We use Advantage daily.

We use it daily to keep track of employee time and job tracking.

Cons

Randall from TAG Communications Inc.

Positive ongoing

Greater project production management as well as financial management. It's great.

Pros

Connecting project work history in the job notes with financial tracking, in addition the flow from job opening to estimating along with assigning work separate from "alerting" folks to changes once jobs are in process.

Dean from The Appel Pro

Works well, but it's hard to set up.

Support is wonderful. The people behind the phone are great and always get what needs to done right away. Using the software has been difficult simply because it's a huge program that tries to do everything and as a result, it feels awkward and hobbled together. Training is non-existent unless you subscribe to the expensive training videos. Don't you already pay enough for the program to begin with? Having to work in Windows is a real downer and it's one of those programs that force people to run a specific operating system.

Pros

Fantastic customer support. Product is really flexible and customizable.

Cons

The product is Windows-only. Even though there's a web-based version of the software, you still need to use Windows to set some of the advanced features. The product is not well supported with detailed documentation and as such it's difficult to set up and learn. Advantage sells the service of installation to such a degree that they compete against their own documentation. As a result, training is placed behind an expensive paywall that must be purchased for as long as you use this product.

Response from Advantage Software Company

Replied August 2019

Thanks for the feedback Dean; always appreciated. I've addressed a few key points below: 1)Platform-The product is not Windows-only. If self-hosting, the base runs on a Windows server, and admin settings are done there, but all user access is platform agnostic, as are all functions of the hosted platform. 2)System Documentation-The system has comprehensive documentation including step-by-step guides embedded throughout the system 3)System Setup-This is an enterprise-class system with a lot of capabilities. As such, it does require a little training and proper setup to fully leverage its power. 4) Training-Free training content is available at http://usercommunity.gotoadvantage.com/. Enhanced training is available for a nominal fee. Advantage trainers are available anytime, and customer support is available 12 hours a day, M-F for help. I'll send you a separate email with my personal contact information so we can make sure you have all the right info. Best-Jeff Thrall, CRO

Catherine from MCS Healthcare

Industry: Public Relations and Communications

Fantastic help desk

I am very pleased working with the customer rep. She is very helpful, eager to help, courteous and answer all my questions.

Pros

easy to use - I get a lot of reports.

Cons

Using the mouse too much.

Larry from VML

Advantage Support - Renee Lessig

Great experience with Renee, she was very helpful and very knowledgeable. Her desire to help me was excellent. She is a great asset to your company.

Pros

Excellent software.

Cons

Nothing.

Cindy from The Company of Others

system export

Team is very knowledgeable, eager to help. We were having difficulty with a system export. I received feedback on how to, follow up was received.

Pros

Ease of use.

Cons

More seamless exports

Kevin from Augustine

Excellent total agency management system that is fully customizable

Pros

This is a full-featured product that allows for numerous levels of customization. It provides all the project management tools including digital proofing (extra cost) required build a streamlined agency workflow. The accounting system is very robust as well with the flexibility to scale as our company grows.

Cons

Due to the high level of customization, it does require a large upfront investment of time to get it properly setup. The accounting side of the product has an extremely outdated UI. It would be great if the accounting side was as user-friendly as the web-based project management side.

Ross from THE PURSUANT GROUP, INC.

We use Advantage for project management, time tracking, and accounting

Pros

We have spent years getting Advantage to work for our 100-person agency, and it has much of the functionality we need.

Karen from Schermer

I find the software clunky, difficult to use. It costs extra for training to maximize functionality

Pros

It has a lot of features and integrates job data into the general ledger. Support staff are always available.

Cons

Nothing is intuitive, not flexible or user-friendly. You learn through trial & error the correct way to set things up to get the results you need.

Project Manager; Responsible for company-wide task entering.

Pros

Time entering is convenient, checking workload and calendars is convenient. Good reference -- nice to be able to say "check advantage for everything" but that goes for a lot of CRMs.

Cons

There are no resources for Advantage online, so good luck learning how to use it. Customer service gave us next to no context on what we needed to find out, and it is excruciating to enter tasks if you do not have a template set up.

Not the most intuitive

Pros

I like the time tracking feature for the most part.

Cons

This software takes a while to get the hang of. There are so many ways to access the same features, which can make things confusing. Additionally, sometimes the program saves automatically, like in time tracking, but other times, like in the tasks, you have to manually save.

Tabitha from Sleight Advertising

Customer Service w/Trude Yaeger was Excellent

Trude Yaeger helped me quickly and efficiently with a quick solution on an radio order with too many lines to change that needed to be commission only. I changed the client for radio orders only to commission only. I had the buyer copy the old order to a new order and transfer from SmartPlus. It came over seamlessly as a commission only order for billing. The buyer cancelled the previous order and I changed the radio orders back to gross. I was good to go. That is how every customer service call should go. Kudos to Trude for all her problem solving skills.

Easy to navigate

Great outcome

Pros

Very great customer support, and its extremely easy to navigate when creating new projects. We found great tools that other software dont offer.

Cons

Very expensive, but worth the longterm investment. Dont be discourged when purchasing. Take advantage of the platform or its being wasted.

Elizabeth from Gunn/Jerkens

Admin & Biller

Pros

Two of the customer support reps. are the best software support!!! There are some features that are good and efficient.

Cons

Also, there are some also that is difficult and a lot of steps to to correct the problem.

Excellent software It is easy to use and is very efficient and you can also perform several tasks ob

I was able to carry out several advertising projects with my work group independently.

Pros

What I liked the most was its practicality. Advertising events can be handled more easily, as well as being highly efficient software.

Cons

What I liked the least was the cost, but when I used it I knew because it is expensive. Worth it. It is really efficient.

Julie from Fort Productions, Inc.

Best Advertising /Marketing Agency Software on the Market!

Have used Advantage for over 20 years and it continues to impress with its ability to keep up with the changing times! Amazing software!

Sharon from Newcomer, Morris & Young

AP report clearance

I emailed in my request for the process to clear our accounts payable report. Received quick response.