All Asana Reviews

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

Excellent Project Management Tool

Ankit

For a Healthy Tracking and Management

Overall, the experience with Asana can vary depending on the user's needs and expectations. Many users find the tool to be user-friendly and easy to use, with a wide range of features and capabilities that can help them manage tasks, projects, and collaborate with others. Asana's interface is intuitive and easy to navigate, making it accessible to users of all skill levels.In summary, Asana is considered to be a powerful and user-friendly project management tool that can be used by individuals and teams to manage tasks, projects, and collaborate with others. However, it is always recommended to try the free version and test it before committing to a paid plan.

Pros

- Asana's interface is intuitive and easy to navigate, making it accessible to users of all skill levels.- It has a robust set of collaboration features, such as the ability to share tasks, comments, and files, and to integrate with other tools such as Google Drive, Slack, and Trello. It integrates with other tools you might use, such as Google Drive, Slack, Trello, and many more. - Can be used for a wide range of purposes such as managing software development, content creation, event planning and more.Overall, Asana is a powerful and user-friendly project management tool that can be used by individuals and teams to manage tasks, projects, and collaborate with others. It's versatile, customizable, and has a range of features to help you stay organized.

Cons

- Only integrates with a limited number of tools, so it may not be the best choice for users that are looking for more specialized integrations.- Does not offer as many data privacy options and controls as other project management tools.- While Asana offers some customization options, it may not be as customizable as other project management tools.It's important to consider these potential disadvantages when deciding whether or not to use Asana, and to weigh them against the tool's benefits to determine if it is the right choice for your needs.

Larisse

December 2022

My Collaboration Tool!

It has streamline our project management process and reduced the time spent on individual tasks. It can be a bit complicated and the cost can be a bit high, but overall it is a great tool that definitely helps to improve collaboration and communication.

Pros

Asana is an impressive collaboration tool that helps our project teams stay on top of tasks. It helps break down complex projects into simpler tasks with multiple steps and assign each task to a team member. The timeline view helps us with project planning, and really simplifies tracking progress. It has great integration options with other business tools, like Dropbox and Slack.

Cons

The UI can make it confusing to understand the project structure sometimes. There is a learning curve when first setting up the tasks and setting priorities.

Reasons for switching to Asana

One of the main reasons we choose Asana over its alternatives is its wide range of features. It allows for detailed task tracking, project progress overviews and it also has great integration options. Asana also makes it easy to search for tasks across projects which can save a lot of time.

January 2023

An excellent communication and exchange manager software

I had a great experience with Asana

Pros

Asana is a great software that offers an intuitive interface and a wide variety of flow-based features that facilitate coordination and exchange between teams

Cons

The main drawback on Asana is that there is no official language

Vinod

November 2022

Good starter for Agile Project Management

Excellent for small company managed projects.

Pros

If you want to learn Agile with Kanban, Asana is good for you. Its easy to use product for IT, HR , finance and non tech people. UI UX is great. Easy deployment on cloud. Free to try and good for small company.

Cons

It has basic features and good for small projects and small team. Software management projects are easy. It is not for waterfall method.

Reasons for choosing Asana

Asana is cloud based, scalable and good for small team.

Reasons for switching to Asana

MS project has limited feature and not agile.

Srikanth

January 2023

A simple no nonsense task management software

A supercool task management tool for streamlining processes in your business.

Pros

Asana was by far the best task management software that we used. It's easier to collaborate with team members seamlessly, update the timelines, add new tasks, set priorities and comes it a nominal price point.

Cons

Nothing to dislike anything about Asana but the integration options are a bit limited.

Reasons for switching to Asana

User friendly interface made it a no brainer decision for us to shift from Airtable to Asana. But soon migrated to another task management tool since it was much more simpler than Asana.

Carlos

January 2023

Asana is my favorite co-worker!

Asana is simply my favorite co-worker. It makes my day-to-day easy! For my team, Asana is a cornerstone that helps us achieve our goals. As a marketing assistant, this product is my all-in-one to do my job: I can communicate with my team, set my goals, share my ideas, and keep track of my productivity. I don't need to use 5 different apps to do all that Asana lets me do in the same place.

Pros

I can organize all of my work, check for new tasks assigned, keep track of the development of a project, set personal reminders and private notes. A complete all-in-one!

Cons

At first glance, it may be overwhelming to see a lot of functions and tools distributed along the app. This implies a learning process that is necessary to start and complete, then you can start enjoying its benefits!

Reasons for switching to Asana

Asana offers a lot of functions and integrations that work better for our team.

Kristijonas

Kristijonas review

i like it but it seemes a bit too simple, but it gets the job done.

Pros

I like how simple it is to setup and use. Very easy to teach someone to use it and work on it right away.

Cons

I did not like how overly simple it was, I would love it if there was a more visual design of all the designs, instead of the initial list

Reasons for switching to Asana

My job did, not me. I would of sticked to jira

Prem

All in one Project Management software

Pros

From creating a tas or project to deployment or completion it has everything you need.

Cons

Unfortunately there is nothing to dislike.

Paras

January 2023

Ideal and easy to use project management tool for SMBs

Considering all the pros and cons of Asana, its a good project management tool for both small and medium sized organization.

Pros

The Asana has easy learning curve that makes it possible for even new joinees to quickly understand the tools features and functionalities and use it at its best. Also, the product management work-flow in Asana is very well designed make it possible for users to quickly navigate task from one stage to another.

Cons

The set of features is still limited compared to other project management tool specially Kanban tools. They need to add more features and make it more advanced.

Joshua

Industry: Biotechnology

January 2023

Asana is the program that has made completing my everyday activities easier.

I've realized that Asana is the software that has made my daily tasks easier. Now I can easily share and assign tasks to my team, and it effectively tracks all ongoing projects and provides dependable services.

Pros

Thanks to the flawless management of projects and programs that are always organized in accordance with what we want to program and the objectives that our company must fulfill, this wonderful platform among the advantages that it offers us is its ability to deal with various types of links and comments to tasks, as well as its ability to allow us to keep track of the various deadlines that are met.

Cons

The ability to delegate a work to more than one person would be helpful. Having a comprehensive picture of all jobs across workplaces would also be a huge plus. In terms of UI/UX, it is unnecessarily convoluted. At first, it was challenging to understand. Software for managing tasks should be simple to use. and avoid the need to read a help manual to understand how to make a basic board.

Dave

Fantastic project management app

Very pleased with Asana for project management and I now use it with any project that has milestones and multiple people involved. I tried many project management apps but Asana was the clear winner. And as it is free it is a no brainer!

Pros

I really like the way you can structure a project and see what has been done, and what is left to do on one screen. Many apps hide completed tasks but with Asana you see everything. Assigning tasks, due dates and commenting on tasks is very easy. I also like the different ways you an view milestones (list view, calendar view, etc).

Cons

Customers sometimes found it a bit hard to get started. I'm not sure if this is anything to do with Asana or with clients just getting used to something new. Once I had a 5 minute phone conversation to go through it with them, they were on board and using it easily. Some clients switched over to using it exclusively.

Reasons for switching to Asana

I found Basecamp a bit clunky to use and I really didn't like how completed tasks could only be viewed by going to another screen.

Mike

July 2022

Asana: The Best Way to Stay Organized

I really like the features that Asana offers. I especially appreciate the ability to create tasks and subtasks, as well as the option to add attachments to tasks. This makes it easy to keep track of everything that needs to be done for a project. Additionally, I love being able to assign tasks to specific people and set due dates.

Pros

I love how Asana is always up to date with the latest features and updates. It makes it easy to keep track of all my tasks and projects in one place. Plus, the support is amazing! They are always quick to respond to any questions or concerns I have.

Cons

I don't like that Asana doesn't have an undo button. Sometimes I make a mistake and need to undo it, but I can't. I have to start all over again. Or it's hidding in a not so logical place....

Reasons for choosing Asana

Asana is the best way to manage projects and tasks. We chose Asana because it’s the simplest way to get organized and stay on top of your work. With Asana, you can create tasks, track progress, and collaborate with your team in one place. You’ll be able to get your work done faster and with less stress. Try Asana today! You wont regret it!

Marcelo

My Asana Review (Brasilcap)

I am happy with it overall, but then i am a heavy user. I see that other team members take sometime to assimilate its potential and value

Pros

Once you know where to go, it's show great use on promoting transparency and team collaboration

Cons

Lack of reports Scrum/Kanban likes. A Query engine would be superb. I use these at Jira and helps a lot. Also some constraints vallidation, configuration/confirmation os necessary fields, things like that

Reasons for choosing Asana

Jira was our first option, but as we were all begninning our Digital Transformation Journey at the Time. It bacame a concensus that JIRA was way to complex for that moment not to mention it was double the price too. Asana was ease to use right from the start, with little configuration, and it proved so after a while using it

Reasons for switching to Asana

Asana is more lightweight and has better communication tools

Emily

Made scaling my podcast agency so easy!

I've been using Asana for years for a number of different purposes. I really appreciate the broad feature set and the fact that the Asana team continues to improve the system, without completely overhauling how the whole thing works and looks. The consistency has been so good!

Pros

Using Asana made it possible to create a repeatable process that anyone on my team can follow and implement. That means that we're able to scale rapidly and bring on new clients without panicking that we won't be able to handle the new workload. We absolutely love that each client is managed via their own project, and within each project we have their entire podcast calendar mapped out for the year ahead. This is essential so that we can plan team workload, and know when to hire.

Cons

The only thing I wish was available is a calendar view for each project that lists subtasks. Since each client has a primary task for each episode, and sub-tasks are listed underneath that, it would be great to use the drag and drop feature for subtasks easily in one view for that specific project.

Reasons for choosing Asana

I really like the UX of Asana over other project management tools

Asana is the perfect tool for managing everyday work.

Asana has been exceptional since my company first started using it. In the past year, Asana has been the backbone of my team's work collaboration as we have been working remotely as a result of the Covid 19 pandemic. Asana offers excellent functionality, reliability, value for money and I would highly recommend it.

Pros

Asana is simply one of the best work management softwares on the market. I like the fact that it not only allows you to create a project but also delegate subtasks within the project to co-workers and set deadlines. This ensures that everyone knows their responsibilities and when their tasks are due. Also, the task dependencies feature helps work move along smoothly as it allows you to mark a task as waiting on another to help keep complex projects on track and ensure the right work is getting done on time and makes sure that no task is holding the project back. I also like features like timelines, custom templates and custom fields.

Cons

My organisation has used Asana for close to two years and it has been nothing short of excellent. It has been great all round and has greatly boosted my team's productivity and made collaboration very easy. In all honesty there is nothing I can think of to criticize about Asana. It is truly an excellent software.

Reasons for choosing Asana

Not much went into the decision. My team simply decided to choose Asana and have never looked back since.