• icon"MediaRadar is easy to use. I like The tearsheets option."
  • icon"MediaRadar does a great job of looking for relevant contacts and providing a wealth of information on the advertisers included, such as online creative and where it's running."
  • icon"Not only does the product have so much to offer but also the customer service is amazing."
  • icon"One thing that can be frustrating at times is the amount of time it will take something to load or move from tab to tab."
  • icon"As with all databases, it is difficult to keep up to date on the fast moving changes of contacts. Maybe there could be a way for UGC and input for changes."
  • icon"It's slightly on the inconvenient side, especially when dealing with smaller companies. I find myself looking up contact information and the data is sometimes out dated."

Browse all MediaRadar Reviews

• Have you used MediaRadar and would like to share your experience with others?

Alexandra

I've had an overall positive experience with MediaRadar for the 5+ years I've used it.

Pros

MediaRadar is easy to use and very intuitive. New sales assistants are quick to learn how to pull reports. It provides information that's instrumental to the selling of our brand.

Cons

There are a few places within Edit Credits where I different report output would be helpful --  When trying to pull the number of category (i.e. jewelry) credits across the competitive set, you have to pull each book separately. It would be incredibly helpful if a screen appeared similar to when you're searching for a specific brand's credits (i.e. Cartier) and it lists the titles with the number of credits in parenthesis. When searching for a specific brand's credits within our magazine, it would be helpful to have an on-screen visual of every credit (on one page). It would be so much easier to search for a specific credit than to click through each on individually.

Cheryl

The best resource for B2B media insights

At least once a week, I get asked "What is so and so company spending in media?". It's pretty great to have an easy-to-use resource that can quickly answer that question for our new business development person.

Pros

Myself and my team use the platform for competitive paid media research. I find the depth of B2B information far superior to any other similar platform, especially for print media advertising and for pulling print and digital creative samples. I'm always amazed when we get into new business research and I discover the depth of publications and websites monitored in various, niche B2B industries.

Cons

As with any subscription software, the more you pay, the more bells and whistles you get. We are on a base-level subscription. I would love to have more modules and in-depth information, but it works for us as is. We are lucky to be able to supplement Media Radar with another media competitive intelligence tool that fills some of the gaps.

Reasons for choosing MediaRadar

We didn't choose. We subscribe to Media Radar, Kantar and Winmo because they each have their strengths and we find they complement each other pretty well.

Jason

Media radar review

Overall I am happy with Media radar. As I’ve gotten settled into my new sales role and busy with campaign work. I’ve had less time to prospect using media radar and as a result I find I am quickly forgetting how to use the primary features and reporting. So I sometimes feel a little lost when I’m on the site. But overall I am happy that I have access.

Pros

They offer a comprehensive coverage of US brands and their spending patterns. Good automated reporting options. Great customer support and responsiveness.

Cons

The cost for the service is very high - at least for my individual needs. Would prefer if there was a limited usage option for much less money. I don’t totally trust the specific spend numbers that are reported so I just use that directionally.

See above

Contact info included

Shaun

MediaRadar is a necessity not a luxury!

I thoroughly enjoy MediaRadar because the data is so current and the ability to create a wide array of reports is exceptional.

Pros

The wealth of current, relevant data on a platform that’s highly intuitive and always evolving.

Cons

Adding additional media platform subscriptions can get costly.

Reasons for choosing MediaRadar

Ease of use, depth of information and an outstanding support team at MediaRadar made the decision quite easy.

Great Software

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been awesome account managers for us since day 1. Always responsive and willing to help with any and all issues or questions we presented to them. Really a duo you have there.

Pros

The accuracy of the information provided for each clients is about 95% correct which is fantastic and a huge help to the success of my job. Being able to know the TV spend for agencies and Brands is integral to our prospecting, so this tool is huge for us.

Cons

Sometimes the concierge service has not been as successful as I would like it to be specifically for higher level employees. But I do appreciate the work that goes into confirming contacts.

Reasons for switching to MediaRadar

It was made right before I joined TVSquared, so I did not use it much.

My honest review For MediaRadar

As a Digital Marketing guy i think they should be more focusing on some other social media platform rather than YouTube

Pros

Our team has switched to this Software for its multi functionality and it is way more efficient than any platform we have ever used

Cons

it has some categories of title and companies that are not in my list the process is too time consuming

Reasons for choosing MediaRadar

We choose this product because it gives us reliability than any other product out there

Michele

A Great Tool

Pros

So easy to use and navigate - I use this on a daily basis to help plan for a call and to prospect. It helps me to know what they have done in the past and what I can do to get my foot in the door.

Cons

Overall its easy to use - still has a few bugs to work out - once in a while I will get inaccurate info but that is to be expected. Overall its a great tool

Cameron

Industry: Publishing

Quick, easy and seamless

It makes my life easier in the media sales world.

Pros

The direct contact information and all of the competitive sets are very accessible and easy to track down.

Cons

Sometimes the information isn't updated as quickly as I would like. And sometimes the information is off due to scent strips, other than that I do not have a problem with Media Radar.

Mediarader is the ultimate tool to understand the competitive landscape!

Pros

ease of use, real time tracking, flexibility with reporting. overall this is a must have tool to get the sales edge. i love the print and on-line functionality

Cons

overall not many cons. i do wish we can get the excel reporting back by magazine and brand type as that was something very valuable

Girwar

April 2022

Increase your Rich to Moon by Targeting right Audience with MediaRadar.

Pros

Creative ideas , Impressive Logical Approach for Advertising, Increasing Reach.

Cons

Need to work bit more on GUI Part. Integration with third Party softwares can increase the scope.

Response from MediaRadar

We don't work with Developers. there is no reason for them to review this product. We also don't work with computer software companies. I don't know what Rich to Moon means?

Replied April 2022

Mike

Industry: Broadcast Media

Media Radar

Like it a lot but wish there was more info available

Pros

The amount of information available to me

Cons

Missing some key accounts that I think should be listed

Finance

Christopher

Easy and has provided me great intel!

Pros

Mediarader has been great when trying to reach important marketplace clients as well as analyzing spend

Cons

When trying to pull reports it can be difficult to filter and use, I would suggest less reports that are easier to use.

Emily

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

I cannot function without it

I really love it. I've used it for years (like YEARS) and live and die by it. There are several alternatives out there that often court us to move to their platform - and they are cheaper - but we stay with MR because of all the things I noted above.

Pros

MediaRadar is likely the most used service in my day. I use it exclusively for looking up brands, spend and contacts. The power prospecting tool is great as well. The research/trend reports are ALWAYS of help and so nicely edited to give you little nuggets of information. I have reached out to them directly to ask about any trend information they may have on something specific - IE, Back to School trend, etc. Their customer service is really top notch and they know that they're a sales enablement tool and without being responsive or helpful, they're not enabling sales. MR drives sales, hands down.

Cons

The contacts are not up to date a lot of the time. Also, if you're on a page and hit back, it automatically takes you back to the start of the search vs the page you were previously on. A really valuable site to media people is Sellercrowd - which has that community engagement, that provides up to date intel on information that changes often such as agency assignments, contacts, etc. That could be a great help to add to the site, if possible.

It's definitely a very user Friendly Product, which is indeed extremely important...!

Since the beginning stages of using the product all of our Reps Nation Wide have increased their sales, & it is indeed a direct result from having this product as a Sales Tool, & it's well worth the Money.

Pros

It's certainly a Quality Product & the Customer Support behind it is outstanding...!! We've been using the Product for about 2 years now, & it has helped us tremendously & I have increased my Sales efforts as a direct result from using the Product.

Cons

It's a bit costly, but in the long run, it's well worth the Money...! When out Team first put out the money for the program we were not sure if we could justify the cost, but now we are realizing the cost was definitely worth it, & the results are the proof...!

alison

Industry: Music

mediaradar 2019 review

Overall very happy with our purchase, Media Radar has proven very useful for research, prospecting, contacts, and agency planning

Pros

easy to navigate wealth of contact info extremely responsive customer service team great tool for competitive prospecting

Cons

load times for data are extremely slow data points are sometimes over generalized or glossed over, especially for digital insights and the “perfect pitch” tab wish there was more info on mobile and app advertisers/publishers

Better Mobile and Digital insights

Emilia

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Best friend for sales people looking for leads

Overall is the best i have ever used. I have used 2 others in the market but by far, this is the best one.

Pros

it is easy to use and very accurate in the information it collects.

Cons

not much..i love this software... maybe go deeper with smaller brands/agencies/contacts

Emily