• Pros

• "Media Radar is great, the service is top notch and it's accurate the majority of the time. I really appreciate the ease of use and the accuracy. "

• "Ease of use and the breadth of information. I enjoy that I can log on and pretty much find anything that I need."

• "I love how easy it is to use and all the different tools for searching for contacts. "

• Cons

• "There are some features, such as specific contact filters / customizations that would be nice to have, but for some configurations, using a workaround is the only way to produce the desired results."

• "The more complicated functions are often hard to figure out. Luckily the support staff is always willing to help walk you through. "

• "Sometimes the concierge service has not been as successful as I would like it to be specifically for higher level employees. But I do appreciate the work that goes into confirming contacts."

Browse MediaRadar Reviews

Alexandra from Hearst Magazines

I've had an overall positive experience with MediaRadar for the 5+ years I've used it.

Pros

MediaRadar is easy to use and very intuitive. New sales assistants are quick to learn how to pull reports. It provides information that's instrumental to the selling of our brand.

Cons

There are a few places within Edit Credits where I different report output would be helpful -- When trying to pull the number of category (i.e. jewelry) credits across the competitive set, you have to pull each book separately. It would be incredibly helpful if a screen appeared similar to when you're searching for a specific brand's credits (i.e. Cartier) and it lists the titles with the number of credits in parenthesis. When searching for a specific brand's credits within our magazine, it would be helpful to have an on-screen visual of every credit (on one page). It would be so much easier to search for a specific credit than to click through each on individually.

Chris from TVSquared

Great Software

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have been awesome account managers for us since day 1. Always responsive and willing to help with any and all issues or questions we presented to them. Really a duo you have there.

Pros

The accuracy of the information provided for each clients is about 95% correct which is fantastic and a huge help to the success of my job. Being able to know the TV spend for agencies and Brands is integral to our prospecting, so this tool is huge for us.

alison from audiomack

Industry: Music

mediaradar 2019 review

Overall very happy with our purchase, Media Radar has proven very useful for research, prospecting, contacts, and agency planning

Pros

easy to navigate wealth of contact info extremely responsive customer service team great tool for competitive prospecting

Cons

load times for data are extremely slow data points are sometimes over generalized or glossed over, especially for digital insights and the perfect pitch tab wish there was more info on mobile and app advertisers/publishers

Reasons for Choosing MediaRadar

Better Mobile and Digital insights

Corey from Elite Traveler

The software works well

Pros

Seeing the issues in our competitive set is helpful because It allows us to see where our target accounts are running

Cons

Contacts are not updated frequently which is the main reason we utilize this software. Without this, there is not much reason for us to use this program

Emily from Her Campus Media

Industry: Online Media

Media Radar - Avid User

It has been a really positive experience, and it has actually been my favorite tool to use in the workforce so far!

Pros

I love how easy it is to find brands and contacts for the brands, which is what I use it most for to do cold outreach for sales. Additionally, the "Perfect Pitch" is so helpful when chatting with potential clients, and we are CONSTANTLY using it in PowerPoints!

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that some brands have out-of-date contacts or not enough contacts. It would be awesome if there could be people constantly updating the highest 100 brands (and most of the big portfolio brands like Pfizer, GSK, L'Oreal, Kellogg, etc...) to keep it up-to-date and have it always be circulating new contacts.

Joseph from NY Daily News

Industry: Newspapers

Prospecting

I use the software a lot and an comfortable using it. Its helped me to open doors and start conversations. Plus its gives me confidence that I have the background info to show prospects Ive done my homework and ask meaningful questions.

Pros

MediaRadar is easy to use. I like The tearsheets option. It helps me a lot to see examples of creative running with competitors. And the Perfect Pitch feature gives me a quick understanding of the prospect and what theyve done.

Cons

Contacts arent always there but the request a contact button is there to help.

Useful and necessary to do my job

All good.

Pros

It's usually very easy to find information and is mostly up-to-date. I use daily and find it a necessary part of my day.

Cons

Besides the basics - company, contacts, where/how much media they spend, I don't use it for the other parts. I don't find it as user friendly even though I've been walked through how to use it. If I have to spend too much time figuring it out - I won't use regularly. But for the basics I need and even their emails - that's been very helpful to me!

Paul from Direct Action Media

MeddiaRadar Marketing Intelligence Source

As a media agency, we are able to accurately evaluate a prospective client's potential, as well as enabling our client service and cross-selling initiatives across our existing client base.

Pros

MediaRadar enables our team to build a quick profile most prospective prospects, as well as a holistic view of their place in the advertising landscape.

Cons

Some navigation features are a bit cumbersome: sub-menus could be simplified or, in some cases, eliminated.

Roger from Ink

Amazing Product

I love media radar, it is very easy to use, it has a variety of updated information and really appreciate the LinkedIn link, very powerful software. I would recommend it to anyone who needs information for companies.

Pros

The ease of use and the variety of information that media radar provides.

Cons

That I cant see reports for video, it should not be a under 1 license.

LISA from Chief Executive Group

Media Radar for Sales help

Very positive because it saves time and definitely allows me to be to focused on the right prospects depending upon the demographics and audiences that companies are targeting.

Pros

being able to see where ads have been placed and when as well as contacts and emails & phone numbers

Cons

The mock ups don't always come out the way I would like them to.

Michael from J.L. Farmakis Group

It's definitely a very user Friendly Product, which is indeed extremely important...!

Since the beginning stages of using the product all of our Reps Nation Wide have increased their sales, & it is indeed a direct result from having this product as a Sales Tool, & it's well worth the Money.

Pros

It's certainly a Quality Product & the Customer Support behind it is outstanding...!! We've been using the Product for about 2 years now, & it has helped us tremendously & I have increased my Sales efforts as a direct result from using the Product.

Cons

It's a bit costly, but in the long run, it's well worth the Money...! When out Team first put out the money for the program we were not sure if we could justify the cost, but now we are realizing the cost was definitely worth it, & the results are the proof...!

Rocky from The Magazine Guys

easy fast and efficent when looking up prospects and ad spending history

it opens the doors to new potential advertisers quickly and efficently

Pros

ease of use on all types of devices, the ability to find contacts as well as phone numbers for all levels of individuals engaged in ad buying decision making process. The ability to find agencies as well is a big help.

Cons

It currently does not have small regional ads that run outside of the Northeast region. if this service were offered I would rate the product 5 stars. Easy to use and very efficient. no other draw backs known at this time.

Alexandra from Hearst

MediaRadar is my go-to for quick overview of brands and advertisers.

Pros

I like that I can easily view all creative, and where it's running. It gives me a quick overview of what my competitors are getting vs me. I also really like that you can create different competitive lists.

Cons

Updates on client names and titles are at times behind real-time changes. In certain instances, it has been over a year that a client has moved off the business, but is still listed under contacts in MediaRadar.

Kim from Meredith Corp.

Very Easy to use.

Pros

Media Radar makes it very easy to look up ads, which I do daily. Media Radar seems to have updated ads daily more so then Kantar.

Cons

I would like to learn how to run report more. It would be beneficial to join a training seminar if they had any. The one thing I don't like is when I am looking up ads such as Chevy Traverse I wish I could have all Chevy products to the one page when searching for ads not making a report.

Irene from Hearst Publishing

Always very helping and a great way to get the information I need

It's great for prospecting business and also finding out where my clients are spending their media dollars

Pros

It is easy to access the information that I need such as finding contacts, market share and the activity a client has for the time of quarter that I'm looking for.

Cons

Sometimes the contact information isn't up to date or current for either the client or advertisers business. Also sometimes it take a long time to retrieve a report

GEORGE from Mediamax Network

Industry: Publishing

Easy to use, lots of useful info

Helps with sales, identifying prospects, makes for targeted proposals using MR info

Pros

Contact info; competitive spending for print and digital; able to see creative; insight info to use for proposals

Cons

Liked the old format where (on print) you could see creative and where it ran - easier to view. Also liked it better when viewing where ads were placed it showed inside competitive set and outside - now I am seeing just one report.

Nick from Acast

Industry: Online Media

Smooth user experience, and an invaluable tool for the team

Pros

Product design is very user-friendly, and easily digestible. The information provided daily is very useful from both a team and management perspective, and it compliments more manual systems that we already have in place.

Cons

Sometimes slightly outdated contact information. Could be improved with better accuracy in this regard, but is par for the course as there is always a lot of turnover in agency land.

CJ from MatadorNetwork.com

I use MediaRadar daily for prospecting and locating contacts

Territory Reports, Category Reports, Contacts!

Pros

Pulling territory prospecting reports and category reports and then having the ability to click directly onto the contacts and email them

Cons

There is one little problem in running a territory report. In other words, if someone works on an account and that account is based in TN, but the agency contact is based in CA, it will still pull the CA contacts too.

Sue from Conde Nast

Industry: Publishing

I miss having the ease of Contacts but I know that's my company's no longer paying for this service.

Easy to use, help always available and very useful tool for my trade.

Pros

Ability to easily and efficiently look up where brands ran both on print and digital. When doing precalls - Media Radar is good for at least 50% of the materials I need.

Cons

If I'm reaching - b/c it's fairly straight forward - it'd be inserts are counted as pages, whereas we don't include them in the share of market. No biggie though.

Cynthia from Hearst

Use it daily. Couldn't do my job without it. Fantastic customer support.

Pros

Love the opportunity to get Contacts. Love tear sheets to see what the competition is doing and learn where a company is located. Love edit credit reports. Love seeing the creative. Love seeing a company's print schedule.

Cons

Edit credit reports are often tricky to get what I want. Can't always figure out how to just show 1 title's edit credits with examples.

chloe from Landscape Management Mag

Industry: Publishing

really great! love this site

Many benefits like looking at our competitors pages and having an organized system. i also really love how you can view suggested companies and the pitch is awesome too.

Pros

I love how all the companies working with our competitors are laid out in front of you. It makes it so easy to prospect.

Cons

A suggestion would be to make it easier to print an ad. It is hard to print an ad after you click into it.

Shaun from Media Brokers International

I utilize MediaRadar almost daily because it provides crucial & current information quickly

Makes our company a more valuable resource for clients

Pros

Ease of use, multiple data points , up to date contacts, sample creative and instantaneous reports that are tagged with my company logo and I can share with clients straightaway

Cons

Smaller or newer companies don't always appear in searches but if I check back at a later date most times those companies are available

Brian from This Old House Ventures, LLC

MR is a great resource, I use it nearly every business day. Staff is very responsive, when needed

Pros

If researching print, MR is very reliable. The list of companies measured is impressive. Overall the software is fairly easy to use.

Cons

I often find contacts are not up to date, which I understand may be tough to do with a dynamic industry. Also, the online data is also not very reliable and does not offer a complete picture of what a marketer may be doing in the marketplace.

Michele from Philadelphia Media Network: Philly.com, Inquirer and Daily News

A Great Tool

Pros

So easy to use and navigate - I use this on a daily basis to help plan for a call and to prospect. It helps me to know what they have done in the past and what I can do to get my foot in the door.

Cons

Overall its easy to use - still has a few bugs to work out - once in a while I will get inaccurate info but that is to be expected. Overall its a great tool

Gary from Boston Herald

Media Radar has been extremely helpful in helping me to secure contact information and see what clie

Contacts, Demos, pitch strategy

Pros

Very easy to use. All inclusive information The pages include demographic information, information on competitors and similar advertisers. Also ideas on approach to pitching

Cons

No Concierge service for small or very local accounts. This would be an important addition since we deal with a lot of small to medium size accounts also.

Beverly from Hearst Magazines

Industry: Publishing

MediaRadar is an invaluable tool in my sales efforts

Pros

ease of use. ability to get contact information, competitive reports, market share info, etc. I also use it to look at campaign creative, and the perfect pitch, to investigate brand targets.

Cons

I have to keep signing on multiple times per day. Often the contact information is not correct, or the agency information hasn't been updated.

Martin from Hearst/HGTV Magazine

MediaRadar is an invaluable resource to my sales and marketing team.

Pros

The depth of information is priceless. In years past, you would need to visit several different sources to get the scope of information that MediaRadar provides.

Cons

There is very little that I do not like. Sometimes when there are updates, it takes me a little while to find the information that I am looking for, but eventually I do.

Cameron from DuJour Media

Quick, easy and seamless

It makes my life easier in the media sales world.

Pros

The direct contact information and all of the competitive sets are very accessible and easy to track down.

Cons

Sometimes the information isn't updated as quickly as I would like. And sometimes the information is off due to scent strips, other than that I do not have a problem with Media Radar.

Kelly from Interior Design

Fabulous, fast, invaluable daily resource

Pros

Ease and speed are the two main things that come first to mind. It is very intuitive. I enjoy working with this software on a daily basis. Thanks!

Cons

The only cons I would have likely reflect more on my team, such as accounts that are not assigned to the correct person. Again, that is not really a reflection on the software.

Brian from Hearst

All in all, I like it, but some functionality isnt intuitive

Pros

Media Radar has all of the info I need. I use contacts and account reviews most often. Prospecting reports are also helpful.

Cons

Not as easy to navigate as it should be. Reports are tough to know what you're getting. I dont know why clicking contacts on navigation on different screens takes me to different places in the site.

Shirley from World Media Inc.

Advertising sales for international media.

Media contacts and snapshot of the advertiser's advertising history.

Pros

Our company specializes in international media. We target US companies that has budgets from the US but advertises international. We utilize MediaRadar to gain access to the media contacts and understand their advertiser's advertising history. So far MediaRadar has provide quite up to date on the active and major companies in the US. And it has helped us save the work and time from cold calling each company.

Cons

So far MediaRadar has all contacts and history of the US major brands that has been actively advertising. I wish it could include disruptor companies.

Kim from Meredith

The MediaRadar team is always ready to help to provide solutions!

Pros

I like it that I can easily search for a client/agency in a most timely fashion. I use MediaRadar on a daily basis and use it as a prospecting tool as well!

Cons

Sometimes the contacts are not updates in the most timely of fashion making it a little difficult to provide the most updates information to my management~

Jeff from EDGE Magazine

Very usefull

Pros

The extensive data base and the ease of use to search through it makes it easier to do research on potential clients

Cons

It isn't always easy to go back and forth between one account and another. You always have to start form the beginning. Hard to make comparisons without opening another browser window.

David from Meredith Corporation

Mediarader is the ultimate tool to understand the competitive landscape!

Pros

ease of use, real time tracking, flexibility with reporting. overall this is a must have tool to get the sales edge. i love the print and on-line functionality

Cons

overall not many cons. i do wish we can get the excel reporting back by magazine and brand type as that was something very valuable

MediaRadar is an invaluable resource for ad sales activity. Contact information is great to have!

Pros

The most valuable information is contact information, including email addresses and phone numbers. We all know ad sales is a numbers game and MediaRadar enables you to send out emails to multiple contacts on the same account, so you're virtually sure to get a response from someone to initiate a conversation!

Cons

I would like more information on the target audience. Currently MediaRadar provides an income target but not much more.

Jim from AAA Michigan

Industry: Publishing

Great information, wonderful customer service

I usually can find the right person at the company or agency that I am prospecting for.

Pros

Cons

I wish there were better ways to incorporate and merge the information right into my insightly database.

Frank from Media Partners Group LLC

Necessary

Provides us with the information to respond, inform and react to business opportunities every day.

Pros

Provides news and information that would take hours to get.

Cons

Sometimes the contacts are incorrect or unavailable.

sharon from hearst

Usage for sales

Pros

company names, websites and contact names. ability to see ad creative, see competition, use as a resource tool to prospect new biz.

Madelaine from Government Executive Media Group - Atlantic Media

Great! Very helpful but not always totally accurate.

Competitive information that helps to inform business decisions.

Pros

We love the prospecting reports and the market share reports. They are super helpful to our business and provide a lot of unique insight that is hard to find. The customer service team and the outreach team are also wonderful to work with!

Cons

The reports are not always accurate so we often feel we have to take the info with a grain of salt. For instance, sometimes we will see a few programmatics and barters pop up when we ran a report for "direct advertisers" only. Also, the monetary value that advertisers spent within our competitive set are not accurate numbers.

Nadine from AIN Publications

I have used MediaRadar for several years, and I am always happy with the updates and new features.

Pros

I am happy with the competitive reporting I am able to supply our sales team. Great tool for helping sales team map out trips/visits to clients.

Cons

In our industry, it is sometimes tricky to identify divisions, causing some difficulties in assigning sales territories.

Jessica from SOLA Group, Inc.

I found MediaRadar to be very helpful in identifying key prospects in my categories and territory

The information provided by MediaRadar helps identify key prospects and the current activity of those prospects as well as tips for pitching programs to these companies.

Pros

The software is easy to use, responsive and moves quickly. I'm able to pull up Power Prospecting Reports that are comprehensive and assist when planning my sales trips during the year. It's helpful to see the ads that are featured in the competitor's magazines.

Cons

Sometimes I have trouble finding specific information for accounts. My company might want to consider paying for information about digital program as well as the print programs.

Charlotte from McLaughlin Media Mix

Depend on MediaRadar daily

Pros

Contact info: Names, address, phone #'s, email address of primary media contacts for advertising. It does more and more as it improves month by month

Cons

There are no real cons. Sometime I need contacts for certain companies and their advertising spend isn't enough.

Jeff from Investing Media Solutions

Robust platform with great information and updated often

Pros

Great to drill down to Online, Native, and more. Shows current ad creatives. Agency and direct client contact info.

Cons

Some smaller companies have no detailed contact information. Some information such as programmatic vs direct isn't always accurate.

David from Mediamax Network

very useful tool in a wide variety of ways

Pros

the depth and level of information in multiple areas it provides, along with the automated reports it send and updates too!

Cons

One thing that can be frustrating at times is the amount of time it will take something to load or move from tab to tab

Christie from SoundCloud

mediaradar has come a long way, I find it much more accurate on agency and client contacts and tips

Pros

I like the access to Agency and client contacts and aggregated news coverage and information on the overall business.

Cons

MediaRadar does not analyze audio space, would be helpful to have information as it relates to audio teams/strategies etc.

John from CWPG

Great!

Pros

The organization is very good. Gives a lot of valuable information on prospective clients which allows us to prepare.

Cons

Very few to report. Every once in a while I will find a publication that is not on Media Radar but usually not for long.

Leslie from Wisdom Media Company

most used tool for sales

Pros

range of information available is extremely useful to me on a daily basis. We use this for prospecting and call prep regularly

Cons

sometimes slow processing - when I need to move from screen to screen, sometimes takes a long time to process

Has helped me generate leads and new business for our company, cannot say enough good things.

Lead generation, new potential prospects, and several closed won deals

Pros

Insight into advertising trends year over year, not just the current issue of what is running. I also appreciate that you can hunt by vertical and by territory, as our organization must use both in our sales approach

Cons

Sometimes I do not feel like I understand the full scope of the capabilities, more trainings and such would be nice.

LA from Mother Jones

Great tool to save time on prospecting!

Saves me time.

Pros

"Request a contact" button. I also like the insider tips box that gives tips on who the appropriate contacts are for specific categories.

Cons

Some accounts are not allowed to request a contact or some accounts have outdated contacts in them. Would be nice to have an accurate data but I understand that there must be a lot of accounts to deal with to keep track of updating contacts.

Andre from All Points Media

Great way to [prospect

I get direct contact with exactly who i am prospecting to. I don't have to waste time searching at all. Media Radar can be used for any Marketing Company in the world.

Pros

ease of use. I love the act i can log in and start getting to work. Everyday I can set up and prepare for the following day with simple to use list generation and have a more detailed plan for the day.

Cons

tool bar when drill down search. I use the software to prospect everyday. Although i don't really nk this a problem with the tool bar i just think if there was one thing i could change it would be that.