All ReviewStudio Reviews

Forget the PDF comments - get ReviewStudio!

ReviewStudio is my go-to for getting our internal clients to review documents, flyers, brochures, video, etc. It is great!

Pros

It is easy and quick to upload a file and get a link for reviewing. All of the client’s comments are in one place, no matter how many people review the file. That means just ONE VERSION of a file with all the comments in one place. No more reconciling comments from different sources!

Cons

It can take a little time for new users to understand how to leave comments. We now send them instructions. It would be nice if there was a little tutorial at the beginning.

Response from ReviewStudio

Hi Chris - Thanks for your positive review. Regarding your request - just wanted to let you know that there is an article and video tutorial available in our knowledge base that is specifically designed to onboard new reviewers. You can share the link to this article with your clients but we will also take steps to make this information more obvious when a new user first accesses the application.

Jazelyn

Industry: Farming

January 2023

A Comprehensive Review Management Tool

Overall, I'm very happy with my experience with ReviewStudio. The system is user-friendly and provides a comprehensive solution for managing customer reviews. The reporting features are particularly helpful, allowing me to quickly and easily analyze customer feedback and track trends. The only downside is the price, but if you need a comprehensive review management tool, it may be worth the cost.

Pros

ReviewStudio is a comprehensive review management tool that provides an easy way to manage all customer reviews in one place. The system is intuitive and easy to use, and the reporting features are comprehensive and customizable. With ReviewStudio, I am able to quickly and easily manage reviews, search for trends, and respond to customers in a timely manner.

Cons

The only downside to ReviewStudio is that it can be a bit pricey for businesses that need to manage multiple locations or customer segments. Additionally, the system does not offer a way to filter reviews by criteria such as sentiment or star rating.

Reasons for switching to ReviewStudio

ReviewStudio stands out from other review management tools due to its intuitive user interface, comprehensive reporting features, and ability to manage multiple customer segments. The reporting features are particularly helpful, allowing users to easily search for trends and respond to customers quickly. Additionally, the system is completely customizable, allowing users to tailor the reports to their needs. Finally, ReviewStudio is built for scalability, allowing businesses to manage reviews for multiple locations and customer segments.

JOSHUA

Industry: Architecture & Planning

ReviewStudio Review

It's been very helpful for me and keeps my presentations organized and on the web. The only hassle is the item I described in the "cons section of this review.

Pros

I like that anyone can comment and review that it's updated in real time on the web for everyone else to see. I like that it's visual and easy to use.

Cons

I think the worst part is that my clients don't know anything about this software so they are hesitant to use it to leave reviews. They are not used to it so they use a different method that they are used to. If there were better explanations on how to use it like videos like on freshbooks software it would help people get started leaving a review of my work.

Response from ReviewStudio

Hi Josh, Good to have you on board. I should mention we launched an onboarding tour a while back to highlight key features. This should bring your clients up to speed faster. I should also mention we've done a redesign of the canvas a few months back, further aimed at making the client experience more intuitive.

Replied September 2022

Kit

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great for Architecture and Building planning

We’ve been able to convey complex tasks easily and assign them to individuals.

Pros

I’m able to graphically convey and track revisions to my team in different time zones and places.

Cons

I wish I could show text overlay, but that’s minor

Reasons for choosing ReviewStudio

Stuart was convincing. We like that they’re open to suggestions. The ui is simple, but feature packed.

Response from ReviewStudio

Hi - Thanks for the kind review. And so glad to have you on board. We'd love to get clarity on what you mean by text overlay.

Replied October 2021

Review Studio User Feedback

Pros

The simplicity in posting a comment is one of the best features of this software. I work with multiple teams, technical and non-tecnhical, and the simplicity of the review feature helps all of us be on the same page. This saves a lot of training cost and time. Also, having multiple reviews on the same window helps us review the implementation of feedback from the previous versions has been done properly. This helps when working with a large number of vendors to ensure all the feedback provided is implemented.

Cons

We as an organisation have always been in awe with the software. Something which we dislike is that review comments lack a bit of chronology if there are multiple reviews on a single file. The numbering, in that case, happens on the basis of who reviewed the file first. But it disturbs the flow for a person who needs to implement those changes. So sometimes finding the comment by number gets a bit tough. Also, with the new interface, the speed of the software has reduced which is a strict no for us.

Response from ReviewStudio

Thanks for your positive review. You'll be happy to know that in our latest update we added a sort option to the comments so that you can present them using the original chronology. Hope that helps and please do pass along any additional feedback that can us further improve the application for you.

Laurel

Industry: Graphic Design

Keeps everyone on the same page

Pros

I'm a freelance designer who frequently works with small teams, and projects require feedback from everyone before they can be signed off and sent to print. ReviewStudio is an amazing tool to keep everyone on the same page. The markup tools are very straightforward, and my clients have also remarked how easy the software was for them to use and navigate. Most importantly, ReviewStudio helps my clients save time by avoiding duplicate suggestions, and it helps me save time by containing all the markups in one place. No more digging through email threads or passing marked up PDFs back and forth.

Cons

What really bothers me with this software is how it scrolls with a mouse. You can scroll up or down infinitely it seems like, and it's easy to lose your position if you're used to navigating documents this way. I wish this could be fixed by either limiting the space above/below the page for a single-page document, or by enabling scrolling to view the previous/next page for a multi-page document. This is how our design software works, and I intuitively want to scroll to move between pages.

Response from ReviewStudio

Hi Laurel - thank you for your positive review. Just wanted to let you now that in our latest release we have addressed that problem you describe with scrolling. Hopefully that helps but please contact us if you have any further issues or suggestions for improvements.

Jim

Amazing collaboration tool for content development teams!

We are streamlining our review process for video and PDF with our customers.

Pros

It is so easy to upload and share content with stakeholders, and sooo much better than passing around files. Love the version history and how all revision requests are archived for review. Our customers love working with us this way and the learning curve is non-existent. We love Review Studio!

Cons

Hard to find fault with a tool like RS, but our team sometimes send a review that guests cannot access. We wish we could "Allow Guest Access" as a default for all reviews within our account.

jane

Industry: Graphic Design

Hits Most of the Points on Our Wish List

After several months of exploring other workflows and trying other proofing solutions, we decided on Review Studio. This week, we are ready to make the leap after the proofing system we were using had an "upgrade". So we moved our timeline up by a month and we aren't looking back!

Pros

Excellent customer support, good client-facing functionality, streamlined proof uploading, amazing search/ file tagging system, both thumbnails AND text for file listing, and rapid notifications.

Cons

No client-facing dashboard. Clients have to rely on their email message filing to see which of their proofs are active/ inactive/ complete. We have clients/ sales reps who manage several dozen portfolios with us and this may start to prove cumbersome for them. We may have to find a workaround at some point, but for now, we are managing.

Response from ReviewStudio

Hi Jane, Thank you for that very positive review. In response to the concern you raise, I just wanted to let you know that it's only the "guest" reviewers that do not have access to a dashboard. But if you have collaborators who are involved ongoing in multiple projects, you can set up a user account for them so that they can better track their reviews in a dashboard. If you require only a few additional users, we can add them to any plan for a reasonable fee and you can contact us for more information about setting that up.

Joanne

August 2022

Great platform to review your creative mocks!

Quicker responses from client, able to download videos directly from the platform.

Pros

Quick and simple to use, easy to guide new users through.

Cons

Wish that there is an option for an open link to share with clients directly and some form of reporting metrics.

Simple to use.

Response from ReviewStudio

Thanks for your continued business and the review. Just to clarify - if you enable guest access on a Review (proof) you can send the link to anyone, post it in an email or into whatever other channel your clients may use. Anyone with that link will have access to the files and can leave their feedback. With regards to reporting - it's coming! Depending on what you are looking for, we may be able to retrieve the report for you today (we do this for several of our enterprise clients). Thanks again - and we are glad you (and your clients) appreciate the intuitiveness of the platform.

Replied August 2022

Olivér

September 2022

Best value for your money

Top notch, clients love it, I love it. It solves the approval process elegantly and flawlessly.

Pros

I really like the interface and that is supports a ton of formats and file types as well as the ease of use. Just what I was looking for.

Cons

I think the Client and Project details are pretty bare boned, but I track that elsewhere anyway, so while it doesn't impact me, it would be a nice update.

Reasons for switching to ReviewStudio

Lack of features

Olivia

Exactly what we needed

It's been great! The support, product and ease of use have saved us time, money and stress.

Pros

With a design team that's 100% work-from-home, we needed a tool to ensure our design process wasn't lost in the variables of email or phone calls. Review Studio was exactly that. It's saved us time, money and the frustrations of miscommunications at an incredibly reasonable price. The markup tools are simple and easy to use, something that was vital when I am constantly bringing in outside departments; the version history makes comparison a breeze and the admin panel allows for the right people to have the perfect amount of control so that nothing is accidentally deleted, approved, or mismanaged. If you need a good proofing software, this is it.

Cons

The only negative we've found is when a review expires on the timeline, it is locked. Sometimes fires happen and it means we have to reactive it, however overall it is not a major detriment and we still love the product.

Response from ReviewStudio

Thank you for the kind review! When you are setting a deadline you can choose whether the status will be "active" (no limitations) "locked" (you can view, but not add any new comments or modifications) or "inactive" (no user access until you activate - useful for presenting work to clients). It sounds like when you create your Reviews you set the status as "locked" after deadline. You can set them to "active" if you prefer. You can also reactivate Reviews from the dashboard from the dropdown near the thumbnails. I hope this helps - and thanks again for your support!

Replied August 2020

Tara

An enterprise worthy tool at a price point suitable for smaller studios and agencies!!

Pros

I have worked as a project manager serving creative teams and marketers for over five years. In that time, I have been an integral part of implementing several project management and document review solutions. Prior to my current role, I worked at a large company that had the budget for enterprise solutions. When I transitioned to my current position at a smaller agency, I set a goal of finding a review tool that would be a value add for both our clients and our team. It would have to have many of the features I had seen in the expensive enterprise solutions but at a price that would be affordable to a smaller agency. After searching for a while and reviewing many different options, I found ReviewStudio. I was so impressed with the trial that I presented it to the [SENSITIVE CONTENT] of our agency, and we immediately started training our team. It's been a massive asset to our team. We operate more efficiently; it has reduced the occurrence of missed or incorrect edits and has streamlined the review process for both our internal team and our clients. I am also blown away by how hard the ReviewStudio team is working to make continuous improvements.

Cons

My only nit-picky feedback is that the review canvas on mobile devices could use some improvement as it is a bit glitchy.

Features and pricing.

Response from ReviewStudio

Thanks so much Tara - and we are going to fix the mobile experience in an upcoming release.

Replied October 2021

Andre

simple and effective

We found Review Studio to be the easiest way to quickly discuss visual information over the distance. Talking to remote clients or coworkers on a phone and being able to control and markup the presentation from both (or multiple) sides in one session won several projects for us. :-) Very solid tool!

Pros

ReviewStudio is a sophisticated tool, but intuitive and easy to use by anybody on all platforms and screens. Sometimes we use it as an emergency solution when other methods of collaboration fail. To setup a review takes just a few seconds and you can share it via url link.

Cons

I miss ability to place a text and not to be able to move comment markers in different position (sometime they obscure the view).

Response from ReviewStudio

Hi Andre - thanks for your positive review. WRT the comment markers - the person who adds the annotations can reposition them as necessary so that they don't block the view. And you can also hide all the annotations from the canvas if you want to see the completely unobstructed original (or cycle through the annotations one at a time). Hope that helps!

Jonas

Good simple to use review platform

Our client likes that we offer an online review platform and this adds value to our products and we feel it helps keep better track of changes and feedback.

Pros

We like how easy it is to add image and video feedback also refine the feedback with attachments, links and further comments. The latest additions of client and project based organisation is also a very nice feature. Most of our clients take to the software very easily and have used the features of the platform on projects.

Cons

The software still feels a bit 'young' and we have experienced a few bugs particularly on mobile devices and browsers like Firefox. But we are confident these niggles will be ironed out as the development continues.

Jason

Industry: Animation

ReviewStudio is a key part of my customer service

I've been using ReviewStudio (formerly Cozimo) for well over 10 years. It's been a great tool for me and the developers continue to add features and refine the user experience to make it even better.

Pros

Most of my clients are in other cities. The ability to look at various types of media in an interactive way is extremely helpful. It allows me to further a connection with my clients and helps ensure that our communication is effective. Beyond the interactive features, it's also great to be able to post media for review and comment at a client's leisure.

Cons

The only problems I've had with ReviewStudio relate to my hardware. I use a Wacom tablet and I find the responsiveness of the toolbar quite inconsistent and I have to be very specific with how I switch between tools or else nothing happens. The other problem is with my new 4K monitor. For some reason the zoom controls don't respond as expected. That said, these are not unworkable issues for me.

Response from ReviewStudio

Hi Jason. Thanks for your decade+ of support. That means a lot to us. And we hope to see you for (at least) another decade. Regrading your Wacom concerns and 4k monitor zoom controls, these should both be working perfectly now with the update we made a few months back. Thanks as always.

Replied September 2022