• Pros

• "I absolutely love the interface of Ziflow. It's so easy to use and has become an important tool for myself and my team's everyday projects."

• "This software is easy to use and easy to adapt. Our clients love it. "

• "Intuitive and easy to learn. The team is very responsive."

• Cons

• "The pricing structure is not ideal for smaller groups, but customer service is excellent and they created a custom package for our small company."

• "Overall it is a great product, if there was a way to generate proofs faster, it would be nice."

• "It's a very robust system and we don't use it for all its abilities so I wish there was a smaller less expensive package that would suit our needs a little better. "

Browse Ziflow Reviews

Clifton from Thomas Creative Solutions

Internal and External Proofing

We've been able to solve the following: - Accountability on updates (client or employee issues) - Better attention to details (senior staff overseeing junior staff work before sending to client) - Time saved on emailing proofs and tracking what was/wasn't done. - Getting clients on board with the same proofing process. Previously some clients printed, then marked up proofs, then scanned and sent back. Others just sent a list of updates through email. Others marked up in Adobe Acrobat. Great to have everyone on the same page using the same tool!

Pros

We needed a proofing tool to streamline our approval process internally and externally. I like that we can do internal reviews before sending proofs to clients. This helps me train my Senior staff to pay more attention to details and make sure they're catching any issues with proofs before sending to the client. Clients love the ability to see previous versions. The software also allows for accountability on updates. We're able to track if updates were made for clients and if clients missed updates.

Cons

Overall the product is very intuitive, but with so many options in the proofing proces, onboarding can be difficult at first and training clients can take some time. But once everyone is on the same page on how the process works, it's a great tool and worth the effort.

Reasons for Choosing Ziflow

Nothing was as feature rich/robust enough to do what we needed. Ziflow got us the exact proofing process we needed.

Reasons for Switching to Ziflow

GoVisually was a great and simple tool, but it didn't have enough features to accomplish the proofing process we wanted. If Ziflow can't do what you need, you're likely not to find a proofing tool that can do what you need. Ziflow is very robust and feature-rich.

Great proofing software

We've been using Ziflow to proof our company's emails. Previously we had to go through a difficult process of exporting emails to pdfs, sending them out, and rounding up feedback which required a lot of over-communication and attention to detail on the part of the developers. ("Please remove "the" in the third line in the second paragraph.") We've found Ziflow has really improved our proofing process by allowing people to highlight areas that they want fixed and comment on what changes they'd like to see. Additionally, instead of keeping note of who all has approved and who still needs to approve, Ziflow makes the reviewer list incredibly easy to manage. You can save all the reviewers of a certain product to a specific list and pop them up anytime you need that product reviewed. As people submit approvals you can remove them and create a new version for those who are requiring changes or have not weighed in yet. And last, but not least, you can even send notifications out to reviewers if, say, an important deadline is approaching and you still haven't gotten your reviews.

Pros

I like a lot of things about Ziflow. The version management is great, and it's remarkably easy to share with your team, and any additional outside stakeholders. It's easy to train people in its use as well.

Cons

I do wish Ziflow had more features for copy proofing, like being able to use italics and bolding within a reviewer's comments. Or being able to edit copy in the proof and save what changes were made- like "ADD: in tonight's", type of deal.

Reasons for Switching to Ziflow

The process of proofing emails was tedious in workamajig.

Robert from Bohan Advertising

ZIFLOW PROOFING

Ziflow has streamlined the process, saved time and efficiencies. Allowed us to set rules to proofing to make sure we capture feedback by deadlines and accountability. Customer Service is fantastic very responsive and always teaching me new things. Ziflow has allowed us to take emails, printouts, and other methods for proofing to streamline to be best in class. Our QA team loves working in Ziflow and set the bar high for the company.

Pros

The software is very intuitive and easy for onboarding. The ability to review creative proofs and collaborate within different departments saves time and energy. Setting deadlines and the late notice is ideal for not missing any proofing deadlines. The dashboards allows for easy access if you are not able to follow the email notifications, especially in our case we may have 20 - 30 projects for proofing in one day and these are date driven on what needs reviewed ASAP and allows for the team not to miss a proof. We review all types of creative from print, social, HTML 5 banners, video and Ziflow makes it a one stop stop for all of our proofing needs. Being able to @mention others on the proof to answer a question or clarify a comment before the proof goes back to the creative team for updates. Labels allows us to assign what changes are needed per designer, accounts, and copywriters, this makes for easy changes to the correct resource. Setting workflows is another plus, we dont have to recreate the same workflow each proof and allows for automation for the next stage to begin without being manual.

Cons

Honestly, I've worked with several different proofing softwares over the last 7 years. Ziflow did the homework and delivered a robust proofing tool for creative services. I dont have any complaints. I know they are working on several upgrades that should help even more but it's ready to go out of the box.

Reasons for Choosing Ziflow

After extensive research and having a background of proofing software. Ziflow was by far the best and I knew exactly what we needed. It has the features I need to support creative services. Best company decision ever.

Gabe from STR8 SPORTS, Inc.

Ziflow

It’s ok.... can probably have someone build this for me for $500 overseas with the same functions. Most customers do not use the tools to show changes. Mostly everything is emailed or commented.

Pros

Editing and communication area for the customer.

Cons

Backend search is not the greatest. Having a google type of search on top for everything that is available in our account is needed. Very hard to search for certain proofs.

Jake from New North

Marketing Agency Time Saver

We can share documents, images, videos, and URLs with client, who can then comment on specific aspects of the asset that need adjustment and then either "approve with changes" or request another review. Team member can see the clients' comments directly, which fosters clear communication about the client's expectations across the agency.

Pros

Ziflow makes it easy to track asset approval status across multiple clients. We can collaborate internally, upload and compare multiple versions, and create internal and client-facing comments. Workflows are simple to build and customize for each client, and we can save the workflows to use over and over.

Cons

Ziflow would be awesome if it had these features: 1. Inline text editing (functionality similar to tracked changes in Word.) 2. A setting that allows specific internal users (who are not proof owners) to receive updates of comments and/or decision across all stages. One checkbox. Currently we need to add users to every stage of proof review to receive updates on comments and decisions at each stage. This causes users to get alerts on each new stage, even if they don't need to take an action during that stage.

Reasons for Choosing Ziflow

We needed an asset approval management tool that was robust enough to make detailed comments but simple enough for clients to use easily. Ziflow fits the bill.

Michelle from Independent Financial Partners

Robust Proofing Software

Pros

Ziflow makes it very easy to collaborate and get proofing done in a more efficient manner. Our proofing process has improved and have been able to get our marketing collateral more quickly than before. They also have great workflow process to automate processes.

Cons

As a designer, I wish they had a plugin with the Adobe Creative Suite so I wouldn't have to leave my program. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they added this into the future as they are always making updates and improvements.

Reasons for Choosing Ziflow

More robust system, better interface and pricing

Reasons for Switching to Ziflow

More robust system and better interface

Sheryl from Yello Media Group

Industry: Publishing

Awesome Product! SAVE TONS OF TIME!

We are a publishing and marketing company, our publishing proofreading was mostly manually and emails. With the COVID pandemic, we were forced out of our physical space and we had no choice but to move from a completely manual process to be fully automated, as we are all working remotely from various regions throughout the Caribbean. Ziflow brought us to the realization that proofing didn't need to be as difficult as it used to. The customer service from Ziflow is the best! They responded within minutes and solved our queries in a reasonable time.

Pros

The functionalities. We love the ability to have unlimited reviewers, comparing side by side, realtime comment/updates, web-based, very flexible, easy to use and ability to create workflows to manage our various publications.

Cons

I thought for long and I really cannot find the negative with Ziflow. I find that it lags when uploading bulk files, maybe an internet speed issue from my end. All systems have a flaw but right now I have not experienced anything major with Ziflow's

Reasons for Choosing Ziflow

Ziflow offered more than the competition. Not only because of the awesome fully integrated solution that they offer but the customer experience is top-notched from the day we reached out to Ziflow, throughout the onboarding

Josh from Ego Pharmaceuticals

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Ticked all the boxes

The marketing and regulatory teams at Ego Pharmaceuticals have been using Ziflow for a couple of weeks now and feedback has been nothing but overwhelmingly positive. I've had comments like "This is so much better than the old process!" and "I'm wasting so much less time on email!" I must have evaluated more than a dozen proofing systems before settling on Ziflow. It's a little pricier than some of the other options but in terms of ticking all the boxes on our URS it was head and shoulders above the rest. There's been a slight learning curve for content creators but reviewers have found it intuitive and had no trouble adapting to the new system. As an admin, I can't speak highly enough of the Ziflow support team. Despite being on the other side of the globe (in Australia), I always receive a reply within 24 hours, and very often within minutes. With their help I was able to set up an integration with Asana, which is another huge time-saver for the team. The success start training helped deliver training to the admins, content creators and reviewers which made for an extremely smooth roll-out.

Pros

High level of customisation and a variety of markup tools.

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve for content creators (because we set up a fairly strict workflow with custom data fields), but the roll-out so far has been extremely smooth.

Reasons for Choosing Ziflow

Although it is at a higher price-point, the customisation options meant we didn't need to compromise on our requirements due to the limitations of other products.

Maxime from Pixi Studio

Industry: Graphic Design

Extremely helpful software for any art team

At first it was a little bit hard to switch our e-mail workflow to ziflow, but it was mainly due to habit. Once the team understood the purpose and advantages of this program there is no turning back.

Pros

As an animator, it is simply genius to be able to look at the clients comment in real time and with every comment timestamped. As an added bonus, I love the fact that they can simply point to something and Ziflow automatically makes an arrow pointing to the right stop. Not everybody is good at explaining what to change, but Ziflow definitely makes the process faster and simpler.

Cons

I wish you could replace a file in a version without having to create a new version. If for example you imported the wrong file or you realise you made a mistake, it would be good to be able to switch the file (at least before the artist complete their auto-evaluation.

Reasons for Switching to Ziflow

greater options for the client to comment in real time and facilitate teamwork in many ways.

Catie from McCann Health New York

Best platform to keep your projects & team buttoned up and on time!

As a project manager, Ziflow allows you to track all project activity and keep a very detailed history of each version of the project and ensures that little details do not slip through the cracks. I am able to diagnose the problem if anything goes wrong which is a nice feature. Their customer service is also stellar! They are super quick and responsive should I be having any issues which makes for smooth sailing on my projects.

Pros

I really like the side by side review functionality to ensure that everyone on the team can easily check previous versions with the newest version. It allows my team to thoroughly review each piece and reduces possibility for mistakes.

Cons

Sometimes Ziflow will have an issue where you cannot view comments on a project. The good news is that in contacting customer service they respond within a few minutes and fix the problem almost immediately to get your team back to work.

Reasons for Switching to Ziflow

I moved from one company to another and really enjoy Ziflow SO much more.

Nori from McCann Health New York

I'm Addicted!

At first I was saddened to learn that our company was switching from ProofHQ, but soon learned to appreciate Ziflow just as much, if not more. Ziflow’s Support Team is the best! They always respond quickly and are amazing at troubleshooting anything that comes up. They’re great listeners, willing to take time to understand your concerns and provide the best solutions, and they are wonderful at answering questions and explaining anything you don’t understand. I love how Ziflow is constantly evolving. Ziflow team takes customer requests into consideration for product updates and is always looking for ways to build in features that make our work easier.

Pros

Creating a proof really is as easy as sending an email. Automated Workflow is my favorite thing about Ziflow. It’s easy to set up, there’s so much you can do with it, and it helps save so much time. (It’s also tremendously fun to use and watch in action.) You can create Groups to help populate Stages rapidly, instead of entering individual reviewers one at a time. You can customize the dashboard and set up Favorite Views. You can set up Favorite Filters to help locate proofs quickly and easily. You can also set Workflow Templates as Favorites so frequently used templates stay at the top. Activity/Message tracking on Proof Details Page keeps you informed of what’s going on w/routes. Everything you need to know about a proof is on the Details Page; when you hover your cursor over the D on the SOCD progress indicator, you can quickly tell when a reviewer made a decision. The Proof Viewer has many useful tools and settings, with a side-by-side comparison mode which allows you to view against not only different versions of the same proof, but also against other proofs. Adding Users/Guests and setting up profiles is quick and easy. There is flexibility in customizing what Users and reviewers are able to do or view. You can create folders/subfolders to keep your proofs organized. Multiple Stages in Workflow allows you to categorize reviewers for easy identification of who’s who. Ziflow helps you stay organized and efficient, and keeps you on top of your projects.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that I love using Ziflow so much I spend more time sitting in front of the computer than I probably should!

Reasons for Switching to Ziflow

It was a decision of our company’s leadership team. And I’m delighted they chose Ziflow.

Nadine from McCann Health NY

Great Proofing Software – Great solution!

Overall: The Ziflow team is amazing (first had to say that)!! This has been an great experience working with the Ziflow team. They know the market and the needs of their audience. Their customer service and support is outstanding, with always a fast response & solutions to resolve the issues at hand. They go above and beyond to ensure their customers are taken care of. Ziflow is a top notch, robust tool that really adds so much value to the Project managers to be successful in managing the day to day projects effectively and timely. Helps me to really keep track of approvals, reviewers, with notifications features that help remind team members.

Pros

Pros: This software works great, is easy to use (Intuitive) and has so many features to support any type of process and routing experience. They have solved for every scenario. The best for tracking comments and version control. The auto route feature makes it easy to mange projects (for Project Managers) and super easy to set up. (FYI: On previous software’s, I was always hesitant to use the auto-route feature, but with Ziflow – they have made it easy to set up and use and now I will ONLY use this standard way to route projects). The dashboard has so much flexibility and can be customized for what you what to see and track. Training: Easy to train new team members (and existing ones) on how to best use the software. Most everyone has found it easy to use and Ziflow also has great youtube videos that shows the basics for routing, marking up proofs and setting up routes as well (or those that manage). Oh, did I mention their online “help”, so easy to follow, very descriptive and screenshots to help guide you easily through the steps.

Cons

Cons: so minor, little features that are a “nice to have” but not critical to the day to day.. but how wonderful that Ziflow team are willing to take our feedback and let us know whether any of the “Nice to haves” will be on the radar anytime soon, or NOT which is fine as well.

Reasons for Switching to Ziflow

Senior Leadership decision (I was not involved) however, happy that they decided to switch to Ziflow - best decision!

Luke from Linney

A single solution for many channels

Professional and really know their product and the market. They are constantly developing new features which they actively ask my team about and respond quickly.

Pros

I knew the developers of Ziflow from their previous product. I tried several other products and found the customer service just didn't compare. This is a simple product that proofs all my work from scripts and storyboards, to films and animations.

Cons

I'd like a dark mode layout to match our other apps (in video we like it darker for practical reasons). I'd like it to integrate into MS Teams and a better mobile UX.

Reasons for Choosing Ziflow

Frame IO at that time, although had some great integrations into some of our key software tools, didn't provide proofing for the breadth of channels I needed.

Reasons for Switching to Ziflow

Customer service and quality of the product. Workfront wasn't flexible and was expensive.

Ziflow is a really important part of our production workflow

Pros

We used a similar tool for several years before switching to Ziflow because of their clear commitment to continuing to make the product more useful. The live website review feature is what clinched the deal for us - we make sure to get ahead of any edit requests so we can make a proof in Ziflow to collect comments that used to come to us in some incredibly tedious ways...including print-markup with a pen-scan... Video and print review was essential for us and we have had pretty good adoption/acceptance throughout the college. Actually, that has been improved versus our previous tool because of the ability to share a single link with multiple users who don't use a proofing tool as much as the marketing department does - there used to be a lot of confusion about logging in that has been just about universally resolved. The only time there has been some (easily addressed) confusion was in regards to the Chrome extension required for commenting on live websites.

Cons

I wish there were a way to automatically add some canned (but custom) instructions to the invitation to review a proof - a checkbox I could select if the reviewer was someone I hadn't sent a Ziflow proof to before. The live website review does have a couple of quirks (you can't use the text select on a live website proof and it occasionally has some issues with not being able to scroll), but it has been of huge utility for us. There is not as much adoption of the text selection commenting by occasional users as I would like (not available for live website proofs). It definitely isn't intuitive for most people besides the fact that they don't see it and even when I point it out to people there are many who never use it correctly. But as the administrators and heavy users, that feature is very useful.

Teri from Ribbit Digital Design

Ziflow is hands down the clear choice!

The GUEST REVIEWER feature was a huge selling point for the Ribbit Team. Our clients are busy, and most don't have the time to create and manage accounts. ADMIN CONTROLS and EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS were both critical elements on our list of must-haves. The ability to customize the experience for users and reviewers alike was essential to our team. We are finally able to ORGANIZE our projects with the use of folders and sub-folders. Ziflow offers impressive WORKFLOW MANAGEMENT options for single or multi-stage reviews. HTML5 handling was a must for the Ribbit Team and Ziflow did not disappoint. SUPPORT from Ziflow has been simply amazing. They have an incredibly knowledgeable team that's always working. We often wonder if they ever sleep! Team Ribbit had some pretty high expectations as we previewed proofing tools. We're happy to report that we're beyond impressed so far with our decision to use Ziflow as our proofing platform. If you're wavering on a decision to give Ziflow a try or not, take the leap - you won't regret it.

Pros

Unlimited guest reviewer capabilities, admin controls/customization, folder and sub-folder organization, workflow flexibility, notification controls, file management flexibility (including HTML5). Ziflow's support is OUTSTANDING.

Cons

None that we can think of at this point.

Reasons for Switching to Ziflow

PageProof is CLUNKY - unfortunately, the user experience and admin controls are not nearly as streamlined and available as they are in Ziflow. In addition, support was very tricky at times - we're in the US and they're in New Zealand, response times were longer than they should be. The last we knew, they weren't providing 24/7 support.

David from Jorg Inc.

The best way to review and track comments on images, documents, websites and videos.

Our business produces marketing assets, images, and computer-generated imagery for the architecture and real estate development industry. We review and comment on work every day using Ziflow. Ziflow provides a significant benefit to our team, clients and other project consultants. It is the best solution we have found to track comments on the work we have produced and keep things organized, clear and concise in one place. I've also found other unexpected ways Ziflow provides value. Initially, I thought it would only be valuable for reviewing images and assets we create, but it's often used for clarifying documents and assets we receive from external consultants the are important to get clear on so work can be completed efficiently. I reccomend Ziflow to anyone who asks.

Pros

- Tracks comments very well. Keeps everything organized and in one place. - Integrates with our brand very well. Looks very professional to customers - Makes it easy to configure stages of comments so different groups can review after other groups have.

Cons

- Not really any so far. Any question or concern I had is promptly addressed by their support team.

Reasons for Choosing Ziflow

It is the most robust proofing and online review solution that has all of the functionality we require to efficiently manage and track comments on the work we receive and produce. Every other proofing tool we tried out or used was lacking in functionality or ease of use for our clients. Ziflow creates a fully branded experience around our brand and makes it feel less to our clients like they have to learn and use another external tool.

Susan from Battery-Biz Inc.

Fantastic system for online proofing and collaboration!

Ziflow has saved us a TON of time and aggravation versus our old method of just circulating a PDF for everyone to mark up and review (ugh). Having the ability to keep ONE central version that everyone can access, and the power to submit subsequent revisions all tied to one project, has absolutely been a lifesaver. It is so easy to use right from the first login, requiring no tedious training, and the markup/commenting tools are excellent. Customer service is outstanding as well, whether it's just answering a question, or even periodically checking in to see how we are liking Ziflow. These guys really care!

Pros

In a high-tech electronics manufacturing environment, the ability to check packaging and marketing materials for accuracy and quality is key. Our company relies on Ziflow daily to easily and efficiently collaborate on these tasks. Ziflow is intuitive, easy to use, and very friendly, allowing different departments to comment and converse in real time to acheive the results we need. It is also among the most cost-efficient systems out there, while delivering an incredible "bang for the buck". Our entire production team agrees that this software is a total winner!

Cons

Overall, we have not found any shortcomings, and are very happy with the entire thing.

Jonathan from Photography

Industry: Photography

Ziflow takes the cake!

We're a midsize NYC photography studio, and we're so impressed with what a robust and user-friendly platform Ziflow has created! We tested a number of different proofing/collaboration platforms beforehand, and Ziflow clearly takes the cake! Our workflow is so much smoother and more professional, thanks to all of the folks at Ziflow!

Pros

Ziflow has thought out and executed everything so well...from the myriad of useful options they've provided, down to the look and feel of every aspect of the software. It's easy to use the many features, and though there are many options we don't currently utilize in our workflow, it's awesome that we have them available. Because we use Ziflow for proofing photos, we particularly love the overlay view for comparing versions. Most of all, though, we're grateful for the exemplary customer service Ziflow has provided. We're not huge in terms of our number of user accounts, but Ziflow has always made us feel like valued clients.

Cons

Honestly, we can't think of anything we don't like about Ziflow. Having started fairly early with them, there were maybe a few bugs to quash, but the team is always immediately responsive to any glitches we point out. And what we are most impressed with is Ziflow's response to feature requests we sometimes submit in order to improve our workflow. They always bend over backwards to make sure we have the tools and procedures we need.

Reasons for Choosing Ziflow

Other platforms weren't a good fit for us...particularly when it came to specific and easy-to-use mark-up/commenting tools. Ziflow hits all the marks we need.

Reasons for Switching to Ziflow

The product was no longer available.

Andrew from Freedman International

Not your average proofing tool

In terms of the general proofing tools, it has everything you could need. The reason to buy in to this software though is in the surrounding features, that streamline your processes and potentially resolve issues that you didn't even know you had. After coming from a proofing software that received perhaps 2 updates per year, it is brilliant to now be on a system that introduces innovative improvements each month, without fail.

Pros

If you're familiar with proofing software, you'll find all the usual tools and features, set out intuitively. The Dashboards and general layout are also well designed, with nice customisation options to help you digest all the information that you need. However, the reason I'd recommend Ziflow more than other proofing software is because of all the small details, that add up to a very satisfying experience. There are countless ways that Ziflow resolves pain points and streamlines processes that occur in other softwares, by introducing in-depth settings options, templates and automation tools. These improvements and innovations continue to be introduced on a monthly basis, often coming from user requests. This commitment to developing the software further and further instills great confidence in Ziflow's future. Something we couldn't say for our previous system.

Cons

At times, the performance of the software can drop. While this doesn't happen often, there are instances where opening proofs can take far too long to load. This has obviously been frustrating when battling against tight deadlines.

Anastasia from Craft WW

A game changer for agencies

Ziflow has completely streamlined the post-production approval process. Clients are able to provide exact frame by frame feedback, highlight the amends and attach storyboards or reference files directly within the proof. This saves us a lot of time and helps avoid misunderstandings. It has been integral in our transition to remote working during the pandemic, as it allows all internal stakeholders to track the status of every proof in real time - as a result there was no disruption to our clients during the transition as we did not have to significantly change our ways of working.

Pros

The platform is extremely intuitive and easy to use and requires minimal training for clients and internal users. The workflow templates are extremely customizable and can be adapted for every client and media type and specific approval needs. It's also a great tool for internal reviews and QA and allows us to ensure utmost quality in everything we deliver.

Cons

I wish there was a way to further customise email notifications and only receive notifications for client decisions, as I receive a lot of unnecessary emails for internal reviews.

Nathaniel from 3ManFactory

Class leading proofing and approvals application

Despite there being a few small niggles with Ziflow it is by far the best approval system available currently. Also the team are constantly looking at how to improve the product and always happy to help with advice and guidance on getting the best from the product.

Pros

Huge range of creative types covered including design files, video, Microsoft Office docs, and live web. The markup window is comprehensive and the control over workflow and approval stage management is superb.

Cons

Some of the more advanced automation features can be tricky to get your head round. The UI isn't always the best especially when viewing on a 13" screen, you end up collapsing and opening the comment and nav windows a lot. Although Word docs can be uploaded the interface isn't really optimised for reviewing copy.

Reasons for Choosing Ziflow

Range of file types supported, especially live web and most don't do this. More advanced features with regards workflow and stage management.

SANDRA from College Park Industries, Inc.

Industry: Medical Devices

Get everyone on the same page (or Proof)

Very good. I have seen improvements since I started using it and it has become a vital part of my job. I don't have to track down coworkers to resolve incongruent feedback. With Ziflow they can resolve it on the same document.

Pros

It is very versatile. If you are an approver you can use multiple tools such as text selection or drawing to get your feedback across clearly. If you spend a little time customizing your settings there are some great things built in to help you save time and keep organized. If you have a group of people who often are needed for approvals or different groups that approve specific things, then you can set up approval groups and rather than add each individually you can add the whole group at once. If you need to track previous approvals you can set up folders to sort them in so later you can easily find whatever you need.

Cons

It could be more intuitive. I often need to remind someone on a proof, and it can be a bit of trial and error finding the right menu /page that has the type of reminder you need to send.

Reasons for Switching to Ziflow

Proof me crashed. Hard. We were left in the lurch big time and had to go back to physical paper approval forms that took over a week to get in all the necessary hands. A coworker found ziflow and now we can get a document into all the needed hands instantly.

Logan from Preqin

A great tool for collaboration and proofing of multiple file types.

Overall, Ziflow has improved our workflow, reduced the Creative teams stress of multiple edits, hard copy edits and version control. We wish we had a few extra features as we cannot justify the price increase to get a wealth of more features (most of which we wouldn't use) - there almost needs to be a mid package between the two.

Pros

Ziflow offers a wealth of accepted file types which is perfect for our intended usage. I've not yet come across a file type that hasn't been accepted. The structure of our team means that members of our group sometimes cannot get access to view vector formats natively, however, Ziflow enables this and more. The ease of uploading and sending proofs around our organisation has sped up our workflow and allowed for more time in the creation process.

Cons

At times, we notice a lull in connectivity and uptime, but not often. Whenever we do, Ziflow Support is active and responsive and alert us to any known problems/estimated time to fixes. The Zifow status website is also incredibly helpful to determine quickly if the problem is on our end. The only other downfall is that certain features, we feel that should be included in the business package are only in enterprise, and the pricing step up to enterprise is considerably more.

Reasons for Choosing Ziflow

Ease of use, flexibility, cost and file type variants.

Ben from Splash Worldwide Ltd

Ziflow embeded in our tech stack

Splash considers Ziflow a key partner in our global processes and tech stack. The Ziflow team are excellent to work with, quick to respond to new feature requests and the product is very robust. It makes all our internal and client processes very efficient.

Pros

At Splash we have integrated Ziflow into our own technology. It is key for how we manage projects from internal quality control to how we get content across all channels approved. It is easy to use and creates a single way of working across Video, Digital, Print and Social assets. The way it can be embeded into our platform and how we can share some of its features across both platforms works seamlessly for our users globally.

Cons

I think some of the customisation of screens and workflows wasnt there when we first started to use Ziflow, but these have been quickly addressed and improved,

Nicholas from Lloyd Waters & Associates

Great product that helped streamline our work processes

Our company has really improved since implementing Ziflow. Previously our proofing was all done through email, which lead to massive email chains. Worse, new email chains would be started and by the end of a project, there were multiple threads to manage. It became a hassle trying to keep everything in one place, but Ziflow has really improved that. Multiple teams in our company are able to stay informed and up to date on job statuses, as well as keeping all client provided info in one place. Closing out jobs has been a lot easier knowing all the info we need is in one spot if we need to revisit a proof later.

Pros

The ability to keep all information pertaining to a job in one place is great. We have multiple departments involved in all our projects, and Ziflow helps keep everyone on the same page and up to date on job status.

Cons

Notifications could be improved. I set mine to receive all comments and notifications, but i wish there was a better middle ground option for our clients. Unless I '@' someone in the proof comments, they won't be notified of a comment. Would be nice if there were more settings to customizing the way notifications are handled and sent out.

Adam from Curious Productions

Feature rich review solution.

Ziflow handles all of our file reviews from PDFs and images through to HTML5 and Videos. The initial setup was configured in a few minutes and the support team have handled any issues very quickly and competently. Clients who have used the system have all reported back positively.

Pros

Ziflow is very simple for users and clients to adopt. The UI is extremely user-friendly and the features within the system make the review process streamlined. Proof workflows are flexible and can be handled in stages with manual or automatic triggers allowing project managers to regain the time they would have spent back and forth via email.

Cons

None. The solution fits our business requirements.

Jocelyn from New Home Star

We're happy!

I'm happy with the product. Our external collaborators have adapted pretty quickly/seamlessly too. Ziflow is a great, reliable product! The CRM efforts are great, and the onboarding experience was seamless.

Pros

We haven't experienced any major systems glitch that lasted more than 3 hours.

Cons

Attractive additional features are hard to use for non-tech-savvy, external collaborators. But they are GREAT for internal users--designers, project managers, business analysts (various reporting), and resource managers.

Reasons for Choosing Ziflow

Great FREE trial to fully test out the product before the big commitment. Great customer journey process. Transparent pricing. Great online reviews. Great salesperson.

Reasons for Switching to Ziflow

buggy systems, unreliable fixes/patches, terrible tech & customer service

Meghan from Clover Imaging Group

Industry: Printing

Exactly what we were looking for

Pros

Ziflow is great! It provides all the proofing tools we needed without having to lug around all the extra baggage that are mandatory in other platforms. It perfectly replaces another proofing system we loved for a fraction of the cost! Very user friendly with a beautiful interface! We're so excited that we found Ziflow. It's the perfect addition to any size company allowing you to easily customize what you want to get out of it. No over the top training to get started. You wont regret your decision to go with this intuitive platform!

Cons

One feature that I wish it did include is an option where I'd have the ability to bulk download the proofs that I have to review. Don't get me wrong, it does offer an additional feature that allows you to stay within the folder you are reviewing to view proof to proof. You will not need to navigate out of the folder you're in and reload any proofing pages. This is fantastic because reloading each individual proof page is the reason for me needing the bulk download in the first place. It's just a different workflow process I'm getting used to as a creature of habit. Not really a problem.

Reasons for Switching to Ziflow

ProofHQ would no longer allow us to use the proofing platform alone. It became mandatory to include and pay for their project management platform as well.

Colleen from BPG International

Perfect for Artwork Review & Proofing

Overall, Ziflow has really helped streamline our proofing process and make our team more efficient. We needed a solution while working from home, but I think this will continue to be our best practice. There's better visibility, keeps comments compiled all in once place, allows for users to review without waiting on anyone else, and eliminates stacks and stacks of paper. Highly recommend this tool!

Pros

We needed a tool that would allow various members of our team to review artwork revisions and proofs while working from home. Ziflow has been our answer. It's extremely easy to make comments, see others comments, and track who has reviewed a file. You also have access to previous versions and comments, which is very helpful when there are multiple rounds of changes. Our Regulatory team has also found great value in the Ruler tool, as they would previously need to print a file and measure. It also automates emails when Proofs are ready for review, or when you're past the review deadline, ensuring our whole team is reminded when their attention is needed. It's really helped us streamline our process by allowing multiple people to review at the same time.

Cons

I initially could only see about a month of my Proof history and needed it to go back further. The Support team provided tips on how to adjust my settings, so now I have no cons.

Ben from Hogarth WorldWide

Integrating with Ziflow

We was looking for a proofing and annotation tool that featured modern browser based functionality that was simple to integrate with. And that is exactly what we got with Ziflow!

Pros

Ziflow has an extensive API that made integration between Ziflow and another web application seamless and simple to configure. All functionality that we wanted to utilize that is available in the interface was available to us via the API making many possibilities available to us. It also gives us great options for expanding our integration with all the other great functionality Ziflow has to offer.

Cons

The file hand off options were limited with and the S3 integration didnt quite work out for us. More options for different cloud vendors here would be useful. Sometimes rendering times can be time consuming, however this is often expected with the size of the files.

Cori from c|change inc.

Convenient and easy way to collaborate and consolidate reviews

Pros

Ziflow makes the review process so much easier than our old (non-) process. We used to send emails or pdfs or make phone calls (and therefore make hand-written notes). And then send another pdf via email with another version. Everyone would respond with their own email or pdf which would result in conflicting edits and lots of re-work. ziflow makes collaborating on reviews so quick, easy and painless. Everyone can see what what everyone is saying and have conversions about something, resolving issues before they become issues. The ziflow IT team is continually making updates to their program; they rollout new features often which include addressing or resolving issues that we'll request.

Cons

There is little I dislike. As a developer I route full websites in ziflow and have little to complain about. This is hands down the best tool I have found to consolidate reviews and notes for a website. Any issues I have encountered are either extremely minor or have been resolved by the ziflow team very quickly. They are very responsive which is great.

Reasons for Choosing Ziflow

I had used a similar type of review tool at a previous company but that tool was no longer available. Turns out the original owners/designers of that tool, after selling that tool, decided to start another tool that focused on the review process only and the result is ziflow. I remember how much that previous tool improved the routing process for that agency and knew that this tool would do similar for our review process at this agency and it has.

Cameron from Container and Packaging

Usually great!

Pros

My team uses ziflow for our label design proofing process. We love being able to break up the review process into multiple stages-- this allows our designer to upload a proof, our marketing coordinator can review it and the sales rep can approve it before the customer is ever sent a proof. We also like how the comments section works. It allows us to point out or call attention to specific design elements that we want customer feedback on. Last, but not least, I personally appreciate how ziflow gives you updates on the customer's access to the proof. Ziflow shows you once the proof is sent, opened, commented on, and approved by the customer. This is great for my workflow because it allows me to know what kind of follow up message to send our customers who haven't responded for a few days.

Cons

The only downsides are that sometimes things act buggy and can run slow for a few hours. Aside from the occasional bug, Ziflow is great and it makes our job much easier by allowing us to simply share and track proofs with our customers.

Lauren from GrowME Marketing

Track changes on proofs easily!

Pros

We have been using Ziflow for a couple years to send proofs, reminders, and track changes on mockup designs. The text feedback and mark up feature has saved us so much time since we can easily see which areas are being referenced for edits. With design projects, it can be hard to identify exactly which section needs to be revised but Ziflow makes it easy to get both parties on the same page. Plus, they're easy to use! We can also see if deliverables have been opened so we know whether clients have had time to review them. It's also common to produce more than one version of a mockup and the feature to compare past versions has been particularly helpful for our team. It gives clients the chance to review V1 and V2 to see which version actually looks best. It also makes it easy for us to stay on top of the number of revisions that we've completed on a particular deliverable. This feature also ensures that clients are on the same page about which version is currently in revision and this reduces confusion significantly.

Cons

When reviewing a proof, there are many icons along the sidebar and the bottom of the screen. External users that are not tech savvy may find it difficult to use. There are some clients that could not figure out the markup feature and ended up leaving comments without marking up areas on the proof.

Jensen from Full Hearts

A Solid Product, but Difficult to Use and Understand

I would rank it as a 6/10. For what it does, it's serviceable and solid. If I had knowledge and understanding of the full capabilities and how to use them, I have no doubt it would be an 8/9.

Pros

Creating and routing proofs is incredibly easy and straight forward. Automation of rounds of review and the functionality of what the actual proofing system can do is fantastic. I love that I can upload videos, PDFs, and live websites. As someone in Marketing and Advertising, that is perfect for me.

Cons

The additional features included within premium accounts are clunky and I don't fully understand them. I feel like these would be really beneficial to my workflow and processes, but they're hard to figure out and there's no easily accessible tool or tutorial to show me how to maximize the tool. It just feels that there is a whole world of features, customization, and possibilities that I'm unable to access because the instructions and guides are buried deep.

Kevin from Graficonnect

Ziflow made our workflow better and faster

Before Ziflow we would send out proofs via email, WeTransfer or whatever felt the best. This was working fine on the surface, but the feedback was very diverse. Notes in a PDF is fine. But some clients printed the artwork, wrote the feedback on the paper, made a picture of that paper and sent it back to us.. Ziflow helps to streamline this process into one clear way of leaving feedback. The platform works really easy for the proofers what results into faster feedback! We also love the workflows, that automate stages. It's tricky the first time, but once you get the hang of it it's great! We use it as a check. I create some artwork and upload it into Ziflow. First my Project Manager gets to check it and if he approves the proof it automatically gets sent to the client.

Pros

The overall ease of Ziflow is why I love it. We send proofs to diverse clients all over Europe and most of them open the proof and leave feedback without any hassle. It's awesome to see proofers use it correctly from the first time!

Cons

It's not as stable as we would like it to be. Usually around a big update the platform shows some minor errors. Nothing big, but it can be annoying.

Jorg from Graficonnect BV

Solution for Acrobat PDF reviews

The overall experience with Ziflow is good. The software is quick but sometimes there's is a bug and i have to refresh the browser (Firefox). I think 5 times at the last few months. Continue with developing!

Pros

The easy to use software. In a few steps the PDF is sent to the customer. The email's are quick en clean.

Cons

The option to view the comments at page number as a general setting. It's frustrating to when I want to read the comments I have to set the comments to order on page instate of date.

Reasons for Choosing Ziflow

It's a fine product and I have a overview to the jobs.

Mark from krow Communications Ltd

Very simple and effective software for streamlining approval process

We use it to manage an account where we produce a huge volume of individual assets, all requiring internal and client approval at an incredible speed. It allows us to manage, track and file every piece of work produced.

Pros

We produce over 300 individual assets per week and all need to go through an approval process. Ziflow allows everything to be kept in one place, provides a simple workflow to track feedback and approvals. It's intuitive, fast and simple to use. And does exactly what it says on the tin. Without it, I don't believe we would be able to manage the volumes in such a simple and efficient way. And our client loves it. It is a big point of difference in the way we work with clients and they see it as real added value.

Cons

There isn't a negative that we have found! And having used it for 12 months, I don't think we will find one.

Scott from Impact Products

Industry: Wholesale

Great Product! Great Customer Support!

We use Ziflow as a proofing software and as a CYA tool. We have been burned too many times that after something has gone to print, someone finds something wrong and points fingers at Marketing. This allows us to have a complete on-line record of proofs, comments and decisions.

Pros

The ease of using Zilfow is what struck me as new user. Very intuitive user tools and interface. Our sales managers and client in the field find viewing proofs very easy and the mark up and commenting is super easy to understand.

Cons

The only thing that users miss is the ability to deduct that there are multiple pages in a proof. The back and forth arrows are easy to miss at the bottom of the interface.

Skylar from Silver Hills

Ziflow makes group proofing and approvals a breeze

Using Ziflow was easy from the start. We started with a free trial and within a week, we had decided to keep using it. My account manager walked me through the main features and I was off and running. My company undergoes organic and quality audits on a regular basis and we needed to have all our packaging (and the history of changes on every single package) in one place, Ziflow has been the perfect solution.

Pros

My favourite feature, and the one that made me select Ziflow, is the ability to turn proofs around. My company works on packaging with up to 5 sides and reviewers need the ability to turn the the art around to proof all sides. I also love the @mention feature as well as the ability to attache files to comments. Having used Ziflow for the past year, I find it's super easy to use and love that they're constantly adding features. Deployment within my organization was a breeze, I sent an email with a quick guide of the main functions and within a day, my team was reviewing proofs and making decisions on them.

Cons

The search feature isn't best. If I'm looking for an old proof and type in a key word, changes are, it won't show up in search results and I'll have to dig through my folders to find it.

Maddie from Thomas Creative Solutions

Absolutely Changes the Reviewing Game

Our clients review our designs solely online about 99% of the time, we were sending PDFs or Dropbox links, and would often get back half reviews in Acrobat and email or scanned documents with handwritten edits. It was a mess. Ziflow COMPLETELY overhauled our reviewing process in the best way. We're now able to have multiple stages of internal review before it even goes to the client and then send to the client all in one place. The clients LOVE the capabilities of different comment types and the ability to compare new and old versions.

Pros

Having multiple review stages is the best way to review internally with our whole before sending to the client. I love being able to have multiple reviewers so that every client at a company can view in the same space so that comments do get overlapped. The different tools for editing text are great. And the compare proofs options is so useful as a designer so that our clients can see how we change formatting based on their feedback.

Cons

I have a hard time thinking of something so bad I need to comment on it. There are a few bugs here and there but nothing that would come near to outweighing the positives for me!

Ali from Education Management

Great product but could be improved

Despite some of the limitations of the software, I overall have very positive things to say about Ziflow, and even better things to say about their customer service team! I see from emails each week that the development team is constantly making updates, and with each update the product gets even better.

Pros

I've been using Ziflow within my organization for about a year. It's a great tool to help gather feedback on creative and copy, and keep everything organized in one place. It's usually pretty easy to onboard clients and they tend to express satisfaction with the tool. It's nice to be able to have everything organized in one place and know that all the feedback you may need to access will be there -- no more digging through emails or Slack conversations.

Cons

My biggest gripes with the software is that MP4 files cannot be bulk uploaded into 1 proof -- which causes out clients' inboxes to be swamped with messages, and sometimes proofs needing approval are missed. We also struggle with not being able to easily move onto the next proof without exiting out of the current window.

Jenn David from Jenn David Design

Wish we had used this sooner

The customer service is nothing short of phenomenal. From the free demos prior to purchase (We did several) to the training program after purchase, to the random questions we frequently email them about, they are thorough, clear, quick on the response (super fast in fact) and have even done impromptu quick video sessions to walk though an answer.

Pros

The features are incredible, it's a little daunting at first when you learn everything Ziflow can do but you can use only what you need first and then use more functions as you go. Though there is a learning curve, it's really easy to use once you get over the learning. I love the automated workflows. Ziflow is great for getting large teams and especially virtual teams more streamlined in our artwork review process with clients and for managing a large volume of work projects with clients.

Cons

There are some ancillary features I would like Ziflow to have. When I've asked, customer support has provided a usable workaround if available and they always add it to their future feature request list. I respect that Ziflow knows their purpose and doesn't try to be all things. They do what they do extremely well.

Reasons for Choosing Ziflow

Zilfow is clearly the best on the market. No question about that. It is obvious wen you look at the competition. They just don't compare to Ziflow. I'm extremely happy with our choice and only wished we'd started on Ziflow a lot sooner!

Mark from Taylor james

Industry: Broadcast Media

Excellent platform, well conceived.

Excellent customer service, on-boarding and response times which are critical to our enterprise. The software is very robust and intuitive. The quick start program got us up and running very quickly.

Pros

We primarily chose this software given its cross deliverable review functionality from high resolution print proofing all the way through to digital banners and broadcast TVC deliverables. It's diversity and feature set make it very easy for new users to pickup and there's some nice power user functionality with the API that we can tap into in order to customize it to our review and approval pipeline.

Cons

There are a couple of quirks with batch processing and client notifications but these are minor and are on the road map to be fixed.

Reasons for Choosing Ziflow

Ziflows platform was far more robust, the API much more considered and the level of supported content was far better. Also, Proof HQ only integrated with Workfront and we could not tap into their API which limited its integration with our pipeline in future updates.

Daniel from PRIME Education

Ziflow in Medical Education

Pros

What I enjoyed the most about Ziflow is the vast number of file formats that we are able to upload for review. As a continuing medical education company, we are constantly offering a number of products and taking part in a number of meetings/symposiums that require us to produce everything from custom HTMLs to PDFs to specialized concept art and videos. Each of these elements must go through rigorous reviews by users who vary in technological experience. Despite, the diversity of our review team, Ziflow has proven to be ideal due to it's clean interface and ease of use. In addition, the support team has been excellent in responding to our issues and providing solutions even if they must customize an aspect to meet our needs.

Cons

In our experience, we have not come across any major cons with Ziflow.

Casandra from TCS

Helpful for multiple rounds of edits with clients

Overall the experience using this product daily, sometimes multiple times a day as been great. The interface is pretty easy to understand without any formal training. On the client facing side, there has been no complaints for ease of use and did not require any calls to go over how to use the product.

Pros

As a designer I work with clients that sometimes have multiple rounds of edits to projects big or small. This software allows me to keep track of everything that has been across multiple versions. I like that you can check off comments of edits as a designer as well to make sure you have fixed every edit. My clients have mentioned to me that they enjoy the sharing aspect, as well as being able to download the final approved files straight from the Ziflow interface.

Cons

Sometimes setting up the workflow can be a little tedious. My boss created a handful of custom workflows specific to clients with built in internal and direct to client stages which helps immensely as a busy designer with so many things going on at once.

Jordon from Jorg

Fantastic Tool For Iterative Revisions Stages

Overall, a great product and leader in this space for designers managing a series of creative stages.

Pros

The product is easy to use and easy to share with clients whom have all loved the product thus far. It makes our group look quite sophisticated being able to share a branded tool like this with our audience. Love the ease of mark-up, the stage control, the tracking of comments.

Cons

Often comments are sensitive, but requiring sharing. It would be nice to be able to share comments while suppressing the author behind them. Also, would like to be able to add a new Slide to the existing version (often with many comments) rather than having to create a new version entirely.

Matthew from Prime Education

Life Saver

Exceptional

Pros

We moved away from a paper/docket approval system and started using Ziflow over a year ago. It has been nothing short of a LIFE SAVER. Instead of having actual proofs being stuck on a stakeholder's physical desk; proofs in Ziflow allow us to know exactly how far along in the approval process we are and where the bottle neck is. Also, the entire company is now on a WFH (work from home) basis because of the current pandemic and Ziflow has improved our companies productivity and efficiency between departments even though we can't see each other face to face.

Cons

An easier way to quickly view/toggle archived proofs by default on "one click". Under the "STANDARD FILTERS" menu, addition of the field "Archived proofs" under "Trashed proofs" would solve this issue.

An efficient & effective tool for proofing & brand managment

Improving communication across teams/departments and streamlining proofing has been one of the bright points of the past year as our staff adjusted to remote working and the realities of the global pandemic. Because we serve patrons and donors, we had a variety of communications pieces we needed to distribute quickly in the face of current events/COVID, and Ziflow helped us to accomplish this. The ability to stay connected to our patrons with quality, error-free, and timely collateral has proved vital to our continued success during these unprecedented times. We anticipate many ways that this platform will continue to help us to work efficiently and effectively as we return to a more traditional office setting.

Pros

Streamlining proofing, particularly during a time when many staff are working remotely, has been extremely helpful. Additionally, the ability to proof a variety of types of collateral including web, video, and email campaigns using one single platform.

Cons

We have been generally happy with this software and found it has been absorbed well into our team's overall workflow. Ultimately there was one feature that had originally attracted us to the platform that we were unable to implement (integrating with another project management software we use), and this was not entirely clear until after the training and on-boarding process was complete. While it is not a major detriment, it would have been nice to know this was the case earlier in the process.

Rachel from New North

Effective & Efficient Proofing Software!

I have loved Ziflow from the beginning. It is easy to use, customizable, and VERY functional for proofing processes. There are so many ways to customize workflows and review processes it makes my life as a project manager so much better! I also really appreciate the Ziflow Support team. They are available 24/7/365. I normally have a resolution to my problem/question within a few hours - which is UNHEARD of for most softwares.

Pros

Ease of use Custom notifications for each workflow Customizable intake forms Clear and straightforward proofing process AMAZING and responsive support team Whitelabeling/branding aspects

Cons

The only thing that I have trouble with is when an account manager reviews a proof and then it goes to the next stage (and they are on that stage), they will get notified AGAIN to review something - even when they are not the decision-maker in that stage. I would love an option to have users in the flow later on but not receive email notifications about proofs - just receive the clients comments and decisions when they make them.

Nedo from Aranui Cruises

Industry: Shipbuilding

Save a lot of emails exchanges

We really likes to use Ziflow,  it help us to easily manage remote proofing, also for each proof /folder it is easy to share with people who has to make verifications.

Pros

It is very easy to pinpoint issues on the drawings we are talking about, and everyone can have quick comments on it without exchanging any emails. Adding attachment on the comments is also a very useful feature. Easy integration with slack is also good point

Cons

There are few features which would be quite useful to have in business addition as : extended proof activity which is unfortunately only available in enterprise edition and price difference on business versus enterprise is quite big,  comments filter option by reviewer will show you only comments what that reviewer start, not if it is on reply, sorting options by latest added comments etc.