• icon"The world is rapidly heading in the direction where working remotely is the new norm. It feels good to work with a company that is on that boat."
  • icon"I liked the quality customer support, the relatively easy onboarding, and the ease of commenting/replying in the program."
  • icon"Now we have one platform where it is easy and fun to use these mark-up options for better clarity. They are also interactive and fun."
  • icon"We are currently struggling with clients adding lists of comments to their plans without using the annotation tools."
  • icon"There were a few instances where the initial email containing the link to the proof got lost, so they were unaware that it was ready."
  • icon"I have a hard time thinking of something so bad I need to comment on it."

All Ziflow Reviews

Christie

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

April 2022

This software is making my 3 person company more profitable by saving time!

Clifton

Industry: Graphic Design

Internal and External Proofing

We've been able to solve the following: - Accountability on updates (client or employee issues) - Better attention to details (senior staff overseeing junior staff work before sending to client) - Time saved on emailing proofs and tracking what was/wasn't done. - Getting clients on board with the same proofing process. Previously some clients printed, then marked up proofs, then scanned and sent back. Others just sent a list of updates through email. Others marked up in Adobe Acrobat. Great to have everyone on the same page using the same tool!

Pros

We needed a proofing tool to streamline our approval process internally and externally. I like that we can do internal reviews before sending proofs to clients. This helps me train my Senior staff to pay more attention to details and make sure they're catching any issues with proofs before sending to the client. Clients love the ability to see previous versions. The software also allows for accountability on updates. We're able to track if updates were made for clients and if clients missed updates.

Cons

Overall the product is very intuitive, but with so many options in the proofing proces, onboarding can be difficult at first and training clients can take some time. But once everyone is on the same page on how the process works, it's a great tool and worth the effort.

Reasons for choosing Ziflow

Nothing was as feature rich/robust enough to do what we needed. Ziflow got us the exact proofing process we needed.

Reasons for switching to Ziflow

GoVisually was a great and simple tool, but it didn't have enough features to accomplish the proofing process we wanted. If Ziflow can't do what you need, you're likely not to find a proofing tool that can do what you need. Ziflow is very robust and feature-rich.

Rachel

Industry: Food Production

November 2022

Great for reviewing packaging and label design

My overall experience with Ziflow is a great one! I love the features on this app.

Pros

I like being able to comment on specific areas of the artwork, it streamlines the design process and makes my life easier.

Cons

Sometimes the UX design can be confusing in the wording or icons.

Reasons for switching to Ziflow

Because this app doesn't have the same great approval process feature. We like to download the comments and approval tier to pass on and keep as documentation about a new food label or packaging.

Gabe

Ziflow

It’s ok.... can probably have someone build this for me for $500 overseas with the same functions. Most customers do not use the tools to show changes. Mostly everything is emailed or commented.

Pros

Editing and communication area for the customer.

Cons

Backend search is not the greatest. Having a google type of search on top for everything that is available in our account is needed. Very hard to search for certain proofs.

Christopher

Industry: Packaging and Containers

August 2022

Great Product at a Great Cost

This has been such a positive experience overall. From vetting the company, to purchase and implementation, to training - this has been such a great process.

Pros

Ziflow gave us an online proofing and collaboration software that was desperately needed in this online, digital, remote work age.

Cons

There was not a lot to dislike here. I've been using this software for almost 2 months now and I've not found any pain points.

Reasons for choosing Ziflow

It seemed to be the most user friendly and most familiar to us and customers.

Reasons for switching to Ziflow

We used this product when it was ProofHQ, but with the purchase by Adobe, it felt they abandoned the old functions and now are pricing customers out of ProofHQ and trying to sell them on Workfront.

Anna

Industry: Market Research

October 2022

What Our Agency Needed

Pros

I enjoyed having a streamlined tool accessible to everyone in the project team to work collaboratively. It helped streamline the process and version control when there are multiple rounds for a marketing piece.

Cons

In the beginning, it was difficult to navigate with all the functions. But thankfully Ziflow provided timely customer support and training to onboard and learn everything so it was great.

Reasons for switching to Ziflow

Dropbox was not providing the features we needed.

Sean

(Almost) All-in-One Proofing tool

Overall, Ziflow has made proofing files much easier and faster. It lacks the ability to proof some file types to our specifications, but the other features more than make up for this.

Pros

Ziflow has helped us sythesize the methods we use to proof files. We used to mark comments directly on a PDF with Adobe Acrobat, leave comments in Sharepoint, or comment directly in our project management application. Now, all of the comments from each person are in one file. Ziflow makes it much easier to track the stage of review a project is in, find all of the comments, respond to comments and ask follow-up questions, and easily give notification when a proof is ready. Did I mention the automatic email notifications? It's much easier than having to craft a separate email and make sure that everyone that needs to be included in included. The interface takes a bit of time to understand and get used to, but the mark-up tools provide all one needs. I love that we are able to proof JPGs, PDFs, actual live websites, and video. The ability to mark a specific time in a video makes these types of reviews so much less cumbersome!

Cons

As with anything, there is a learning curve, and change is more difficult for some people. As much as I love being able to mark up multiple types of media, we still add proofing comments directly to Word documents because of the ability to track changes. We do the same with PowerPoint files because Ziflow does not allow one to comment on Talking Points. We also have has sporadic success with proofing emails with Ziflow and have decided to stick with our old process. The process for setting up a proof is a bit confusing, but I am more often on the receiving side and don't need to do so as often. There are also some features that come at a premium price that our company has decided not to purchase.

Kyle

Versatile and relatively easy to use

Overall it has helped us a great deal to keep track of what has or hasn't been reviewed yet, and keeps accountability on whoever is responsible for their markups or decisions. The transition was relatively painless, but the custom workflows and such take a little bit of digging to really understand what everything does.

Pros

Ziflow filled a hole in our company. We use this for CAD drawing reviewal and approval and it does a great job of just that. The viewer is simple, making comments even on mobile is simple and effective. Setting up workflows helps keep the right people seeing the right information.

Cons

My biggest issue with the software currently is the lack of options on the mobile view vs the desktop view. The side bar cannot be opened in mobile view and this prevents you from downloading the pdf, sharing it, and all the features hidden behind that bar. Seeing as it's simply a mobile format of the website and not an app, this could easily be implemented by the developers. Another issue I have, that others may not have, is the overuse of the reference lines on a comment. If you add multiple arrows or markups to 1 comment, clicking on that comment has a line go to each and every instance placed in the markup. This is extremely messy. A "dimension" markup tool would be very handy as well. Similar to a dimension markup in Acrobat. This would greatly reduce reference lines on a comment as well if you drew this with the current tools.

Karen

November 2022

Best Proofing Platform! A Lifesaver!

Pros

I love so many things about this software. BEST tools for us are: version comparison options (overlay, side by side & slide view), commenting organization (checked when resolved, only show comments on current page, @mention when needed) and archiving projects (giving us the ability to go back and reference changes and the reasons why we changed something).

Cons

I wish ZiFlow had a social media approval section. Having templates & plugins would be super beneficial to our Social Media team since this still needs to go through an approval process.

November 2022

Zillow has helped our organization to streamline our creative approval process

It has been great. It really has helped us to be more efficient and organized as a team.

Pros

Being able to provide feedback to all the stakeholders on a project, and even show them visually with the editing tools what you would like to see has been a game changer for us.

Cons

I would say that at times working with video and webpages can be clunky, and I think if a few minor UX adjustments could remedy this ease of use issue.

Daily User

Overall I think Ziflow is a good idea. It needs som work but I feel its headed in the right direction.

Pros

I like the online tracking (paper trail) of our proofs. It gives us a paper trial other than email.

Cons

I feel that Ziflow could benefit from a complete UI/UX redesign/overhaul. It is not very user friendly. A lot of our clients complain about it. They miss understand how to approve a project.

Meghan

October 2022

If you want a fast and easy proofing software, Ziflow is #1!

Ziflow benefits our company with a fast turnaround on proofs, and happy clients.

Pros

I love that our clients, emails, and company name is stored in the dashboard. I also love that it's easy for our clients to navigate through the software.

Cons

One thing I dislike is that if a proof has multiple pages you have to make it a PDF before, otherwise it will make every page a proof.

Reasons for choosing Ziflow

We didn't explore other options.

Liam

November 2022

Ziflow is a fantastic proofing tool!

Absolutely great, especially great when it comes to their customer support

Pros

Lots of great integrations & a very modern, no-code, easy-to-use interface!

Cons

Some of the integrations we're a little difficult to set up/customize, but their team has communicated they're actively working on streamlining everything!

Reasons for choosing Ziflow

Great customer service & promising roadmap

Josh

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Ticked all the boxes

The marketing and regulatory teams at Ego Pharmaceuticals have been using Ziflow for a couple of weeks now and feedback has been nothing but overwhelmingly positive. I've had comments like "This is so much better than the old process!" and "I'm wasting so much less time on email!" I must have evaluated more than a dozen proofing systems before settling on Ziflow. It's a little pricier than some of the other options but in terms of ticking all the boxes on our URS it was head and shoulders above the rest. There's been a slight learning curve for content creators but reviewers have found it intuitive and had no trouble adapting to the new system. As an admin, I can't speak highly enough of the Ziflow support team. Despite being on the other side of the globe (in Australia), I always receive a reply within 24 hours, and very often within minutes. With their help I was able to set up an integration with Asana, which is another huge time-saver for the team. The success start training helped deliver training to the admins, content creators and reviewers which made for an extremely smooth roll-out.

Pros

High level of customisation and a variety of markup tools.

Cons

There was a bit of a learning curve for content creators (because we set up a fairly strict workflow with custom data fields), but the roll-out so far has been extremely smooth.

Reasons for choosing Ziflow

Although it is at a higher price-point, the customisation options meant we didn't need to compromise on our requirements due to the limitations of other products.

Winona

March 2022

If your a. designer struggling with your proofing workflow get this!

As a designer it is perfectly suited to me. I use it in my everyday working life for all my artwork proofing needs. This tool has been so help in organising my artwork proofs and clients comments that since I moved from freelance to Full Time employment I have implemented it at my company and upgraded to the business plan so I can have access to more tools and features which has been fab.  I went through a small transition period between freelance and new job where I didnt have Ziflow and struggled and had so many issues with feedback comments being sent on commented PDFs etc and just made everything confusing and frustrating. As so as I got my Business Ziflow it was like a sigh of relief as Ziflow basically sorts out all my proof comments issues I had before making the process so much easier for me. My colleagues have told me also that it has made it easier for them to. It allows for proofs not to be lost on an email and there all in one place and the variety of tools my colleagues can use to comment has helped them out alot in order to tell me exactly what they want.  There is rarely an instant I dont use Ziflow I suppose the only time i dont use it is when Im doing quick soical assets and i send them on a teams chat instead and its not really worth stilling a proof but everything else goes into Ziflow

Pros

Saved me so much time - i dont have to sit guessing what a client wants as they can now exactly in point the part they want amended and how they want it amended. Great value for money - even on the basic plan it saved me so much headaches and stress and the price was cheap and offered you so much for the basic plan. It was totally worth the investment. It has made everything so much quicker for me - it organising everything and displays it easy and clear so I can amend and complete work so much faster.

Cons

When a proof is locked Im unable to use the tick feature on comments to indicate that i have resolved that amend I currently have to temporarily unlock the proof . Would be nice if I could still use this feature when the proof is locked. A feature to send auto reminders or a pop on the proof to notify approvers to make a decision would be handy so I dont have to go chasing each and every one.

Reasons for choosing Ziflow

Initially because of price and thought ill trail it if it doesnt work i wasnt a lot of money. The longer I used the better my working life became it made work so much less stressful and it organised everything easier and clearer which saved me to much time. Then as time went on there was one feature i missed from Workfront that Ziflow didnt have. When I looked into there plans I found they had it but on business plan with loads more features so upgraded to business plan and never looked back. Has been the best investment in my work besides my laptop I have made and highly recommend to any designers out there.

Reasons for switching to Ziflow

This product was glitchy when they updated it and frustrating. Ziflow is so much more user friendly, cost effective and meets my daily working needs

Josh