• Pros

• "Easy to use for users and easy to navigate. We use for our affiliate program and it works great. "

• "It has all the features that I was looking for, and it’s easy to use and configure."

• "It is super easy to implement and you can have a very complete affiliate program in mere minutes."

• Cons

• "Even do it's powerful. The interface is just too ugly. Needs huge UI fix and some template options "

• "Your mileage may vary but for what we are using it for it works flawlessly. It would be nice if it could integrate better with form plugins like Gravity Foms but it's still an awesome plugin."

• "The functionality is a bit limited and I am not sure that they actually have users on board meetings. There are some easy quick wins to improve the user experience. The hooks are sadly not documented."

Browse AffiliateWP Reviews

Ken from AuthorBytes

Industry: Online Media

Great way to launch an affiliate program for your business

As a WordPress design and development agency this was a natural choice for us. We found it easy to install and integrate a custom affiliate dashboard for our partners. AffiliateWP has a lot of built in integrations for WordPress e-commerce solutions including WooCommerce. As an agency though selling services through a third party CRM (HubSpot) we didn't have an automated integration however the flexibility of the solution allowed us to build our own integration to make sure that inbound leads fed into our CRM are attributed to an AffiliateWP affiliate.

Pros

The best part of this solution is that it integrates directly with WordPress making it super easy to install a basic setup.

Cons

We'd like to see some more development of the External Referral Links add-on for the product that would allow lead capture forms on a separate site but report back to the site with AffiliateWP installed. The current workflow allows referral traffic to originate from Site B and be linked to Site A and include the necessary tracking from end to end. We'd like to see a way for transactions to occur on Site B and simply report via API back to Site A where AffiliateWP is installed. For example if Site B has a lead capture form on it and it's completed on Site B, keep the user on Site B but credit the affiliate on the AffiliateWP install on Site A.

Reasons for Choosing AffiliateWP

AffiliateWP seems to be actively developed and be the most popular of all the solutions out there. The add-on options allow us to install just the features we need and eliminate the ones we don't.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Hi Ken, thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review. We appreciate all of your feedback, as it is very helpful. If you have any issues, our support is always here for your team.

Victoria from Energic Power

Become affiliate of success

After analyzing for almost a month different options for having my own affiliate program I decided that AffiliateWP was the best option in the market for people like me that had no idea about this kind of software. It was really reliefing that customer support held my back a number of times.

Pros

A really positive thing about this software was its seamless integration with woocommerce

Cons

Didn't liked that it wasn't even mentioned that more plugins would be needed in order to have an overall integration that included subdomains.

Reasons for Choosing AffiliateWP

Because although it was not cheap, its paid features outranked what their competitors offered.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Thrilled to hear that you're satisfied so far and that our support team was able to help you out!

Russ from World Health Source

Industry: Alternative Medicine

AffiliateWP

It has been very good to get started. We have some modifications we want to make and got no response to what was necessary.

Pros

Ease of set up and use, features, add-ons

Cons

Difficulty in modifying. We want to make some adjustments and got no response to what to do.

Reasons for Choosing AffiliateWP

It was easy to start up and did most of what we needed at that point.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Hi Russ, thanks for taking the time to write a review. We noticed that you submitted a custom development request and from what you've said, you've had no response. While that does not excuse the fact that our 3rd party consultants did not respond, we are currently in the middle of sunsetting our consultants program and now directing all custom inquires to Codeable. Codeable is the most reliable platform of WordPress Experts and they are extremely familiar with AffiliateWP. Besides, the custom development requests, we welcome all questions and are available for assistance.

Abid from Bank Alfalah Limited

Create Amazing Affiliate Program on WordPress Website

My experience with AffiliateWP is really great, because now more people visit my website and they can see my services and products. I really like the features because now more traffic coming to my website. The number of real customers are increasing and I am definitely enjoying this great platform.

Pros

If you want a perfect and amazing affiliate marketing solutions then AffiliateWP is best for your requirements. You will find so professional affiliate marketing tools that will definitely increase and grow your business. You will able to make more money if you use this Affiliate program. Increase your ranking through this platform, boost your traffic and earn incredible income.

Cons

The features of this platform are outstanding including referral tracking and advanced affiliate techniques. Even dashboard is also very nice and awesome. According to my experience and point of view, this platform is great, that don’t have any cons or issues.

Jessica from Bradley Allen Apparel

Everything we needed

It's very straightforward and easy to track everything from a management side. I'm very thankful for that. You can just set it up and forget about it. There are a ton of really cool features that our affiliates don't seem to be using, but the features they do use I feel like work great and for the price provide a great value.

Pros

We love that we can allow our affiliates to use their own links and coupon codes without paying extra. This software has a ton of great features, tracking, customization options and is fairly intuitive and easy to integrate with our website and existing software.

Cons

It's not the most glamourous of an interface, but I think those that are more versed in coding and developing could customize it to look beautiful.

Reasons for Choosing AffiliateWP

More flexibility to use all the features we needed at a competitive price

Reasons for Switching to AffiliateWP

For the price point that we wanted we couldn't use referral links and coupons. We LOVE that you integrate so well with woo-commerce to provide us with the ability to offer our affiliates multiple channels of referrals so our program can be simple for them as well.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this detailed review Jessica!

OMOLEHIN from kennyhq

THE BEST AFFILIATE MACHINE

I call this plugin a money-making machine because it makes some unimaginable sale for me with automation and less work. could be used with ease on WordPress.and of course the price is so affordable and it works straight to the point I need it always...

Pros

THE fact that this sofware can make our company website provide the affiliate link to visitors with no stress or daily distribution of affiliate products to subscribers is amazing with it auto-piloted referral property .also the sweet and easy compatibility with WordPress makes it easy to use and set up.

Cons

the plugin limits some marketing integrations. basically on the referral marketing where the site doing the referral's leads don't show on the main site with affiliate wp. i think there should a form implemented for less work.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied December 2020

Hi Omolehin, thanks for writing a review. We appreciate your feedback! -Tyler

Hector from AgroNosotros

Versatile affiliate plugin

It has consistently allowed us to track our affiliate referrals for 2 plus years straight and has paid for itself many times over.

Pros

We used this plugin on our business website. It allowed us to easily provide referral links for our affiliates to share. We were up and running in a matter of minutes and it has been a solid plugin for 2 years plus. We are using it primarily for the referral link feature but there is so much more this plugin can do if your needs call for more. One of the top plugins of this kind. Can't go wrong here if you need a professional affiliate backend.

Reasons for Choosing AffiliateWP

AffiliateWP looked to us like the most mature and versatile product so that sold us.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied November 2020

Hi Hector! Thanks for the great review. If you have any questions or issues, reach out to our stellar support!

Umair from Butt IT Solutions

The best and Professional Plugin for WordPress

I have a very professional and best experience with AffiliateWP. Because I use this plugin in my affiliate website and I am really satisfied with the features and options of this plugin. Setup is really easy and I really like the Real-time reporting.

Pros

AffiliateWP is the best WordPress plugin that offers incredible affiliate marketing tools to increase your business and you can easily make more money. This plugin promote your website products and improves the Search engine optimization of your website. When more people visit your website, definitely you will get more affiliate sales. The interface in Dashboard of WordPress is really easy to use and understand.

Cons

Integration is really easy. You can export the data to a CSV file for the accounting purposes. This WordPress plugins is developer-friendly without any kind of cons.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied December 2020

Hi Umair, thanks for the wonderful review. We're happy to hear that AffiliateWP is working well for you!

Amanat from vestigo

Industry: Cosmetics

Best ever affiliate plugin

Great experience with an affiliate plugin. I found most of the options that will succeed the affiliate website like the points system, wallet, affiliate user dashboard. it's amazing

Pros

I used almost all WordPress affiliate plugin. but I found this plugin very useful. has a lot of functionality, easy customizable, and user friendly. Highly recommended.

Cons

Most of the features that should be in an affiliate system it contains and compatible with woocommerce. most of the top plugins are integration available for wp affiliate.

Reasons for Choosing AffiliateWP

Simply, wp affiliate is more comprehensive than all other WordPress woocommerce affiliate plugins. so I have no other option then wp affiliate pro

Reasons for Switching to AffiliateWP

Yith not more comprehensive like wp affiliate pro.

Nate from Feel Brands, LLC

Great & Simple Affiliate Software

Pros

I utilize this as a Wordpress plugin for a consumer goods product. Simple to set up and onboard affiliates, and allows them to log in individually to get stats, creative, and tracking links.

Cons

Sometimes I find it does not log an affiliate referral correctly based on an affiliate coupons code. It’s simple enough to add retroactively, however.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Hi Nate, thanks for writing a review. We appreciate your feedback. Feel free to reach out to our support team if you ever have any issues!

Willima Jay from e-Core Global Networks

Great Plugin

I was looking for an effective way to setup an affiliate system on a clients website. She does spray tanning at fitness/bodybuilding events and also sell shoes & accessories to the athletes. She was looking for a way to increase sales but also reward her sponsored athletes for their support of her business. She was looking for a way to reward the athletes but keep them spending the money on her site. The AffiliateWP plugin did exactly what we needed with the Store Credit addon. Perfect! The athletes love it and the client is thrilled. Her sales increased huge.

Pros

All the different options that were available. Using the AffilateWP plugin allowed me to get rid of several other plugins that were trying to do the same job, just not as well.

Cons

I don't know if this is too much of a negative, but all the different options that were available. It really forced me to to determine what functions I need for the project and how to utilize the AffiliateWP plugin the most effective way for what I needed. I guess the simplest way to explain is that I had too many choices, that is not an entirely bad thing.

Reasons for Choosing AffiliateWP

The biggest difference was the different options (addons). I found that there was an addon for exactly what I was looking for. The next biggest difference was the reviews. I spent a lot of time looking at different reviews. Finally the cost. I think you really get the best bang for your buck.

Reasons for Switching to AffiliateWP

Was trying to patch work different plugins to do what AffiliateWP with one plugin.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

This is an excellent testimonial Willima Jay! Thank you for sharing!

Michelle from AFS

Best solution for us!

Looking at several different affiliate programs, one of the biggest problems was how to prevent commission from being earned on wholesale orders. One of the extensions we found for AffiliateWP allows us to assign specific customers to a specific affiliate. We made a fake account for wholesale commission to go to and just assign all wholesale customer commissions to go to that fake account.

Pros

The companies I design websites for want full control over their affiliate program. It needs to be something they can host on their own servers, something they can review to approve/reject commissions on a case by case basis, and something where they are in control of who knows about the program. AffiliateWP along with its many extensions fits almost everything they are looking for! (And for the few things it doesn't fit, there is probably an extension to make it happen.)

Cons

Generating our monthly reports could go more smoothly. … The current system isn't bad. But it is a little awkward and not very intuitive. Affiliates also find the reports on their end a bit confusing. We have to walk them through how to find / understand what they are seeing. I think most of this confusion is caused by the "forced pending" status on new transactions. We do not want to give credit for an order until the return window has passed.

Reasons for Choosing AffiliateWP

More control over the affiliate program. We wanted something that lives on our server.

Reasons for Switching to AffiliateWP

We had to switch affiliate programs when we changed from Magento to WooCommerce.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Hi Michelle, thanks for writing a review. Your use case was really helpful for understanding what you need from AffiliateWP. Thank you for your feedback!

Simon from Grassland Nutrition

Amazing Platform for Affilate members

My overall experience with AffiliateWP has been extremely positive, it was extremely easy to integrate with PayPal and extremely reliable. The main benefit I have realised is the time savings as it makes it extremely easy for influencers to join promoting my product.

Pros

I love the platform because it is an easy way to get influences to join my website to help promote my products. I also enjoy that I am able to easily payout all the members all at once with PayPal in bulk payments each month. It is also extremely useful to see the reports on how the performance of each of my affiliate members is doing in order for me to focus on building up the people that have joined my program. and also setting up custom affiliate rates pending on the person.

Cons

For the way that I have the program set up with custom links for multiple different products due to multiple currencies I'm very happy with the software I can't think of anything that I would like to change at this point of time, As linking the affiliate id with the coupon code makes it so easy.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Hi Simon, thanks for the review. Your success is encouraging. Let us know if we can continue to help you further in any way!

Steven from ArtLink Models

Industry: Photography

Affiliate WP Great product great support

Great product, great support, I have a lifetime membership so update are always current. They continued to update and upgrade the software on a regular basis

Pros

We use this for our membership site. Easy to use and very easy to keep updated. Updates are automatic. Have used this with several different themes over a few years and has worked great. Have not had much need for support but they have been able to help when needed.

Cons

This is the only Affiliate management software I have used so nothing to compare it to. It dose exactly what I need it to do so not too much I can say here.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Hey Steven, so cool to see that you're using AffiliateWP alongside RCP! We think the Lifetime license is a total bargain too. Factoid: We're basically the same support team across all products and we take pride in the quality of our support.

Jeremiah from Colorado Glasses

Excellent product with excellent customer service.

I absolutely love AffiliateWP. It was a great tool while I used it, and support was always very quick to help with any issues. I ended up shutting down or selling the businesses that were using it (I had 3 sites using AffiliateWP), and had a billing issue. Their support fixed the issue (which was my fault) and refunded me in minutes, no hassle at all. When a company is willing to take care of you AFTER you're done paying them, that's when you know they really do care. Hopefully I'll have a use-case for it again in the future, because I'll 100% use AffiliateWP over any of the alternatives.

Pros

Overall easy to use. I love that you literally have full control over it (via extensions, and WP hooks and filters). The low annual fee to use it makes it a much more competitive option for small businesses.

Cons

It can feel like a lot of setup at the beginning, but I suppose that's the case with any comparable software. Because it's a WP plugin it can sometimes be complicated to change things that seem like they should be simple settings (usually because they're overridden by WP core or other WP plugins). It's a rare issue, but it does happen sometimes.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Wow, Jeremiah! Thanks for the amazing review. We'll welcome you back anytime!

Hans from Termageddon LLC

Easily the best affiliate program for wordpress

My overall experience with Affiliate WP has been fantastic.

Pros

It solved the challenge of needing an affiliate system, but what it also did was teach me things about affiliate marketing that I had no idea about (like using affiliate programs without requiring an actual affiliate link).

Cons

Since it is your own self-running affiliate program, you don't have access to a network of affiliates (but that could be a good thing since you want to make sure you are being represented by the people you review and vet yourself!). Other than that, I seriously can't think of one. At one point, bulk payments was not possible, but now it is!

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Hey Hans! Thanks for the review! So glad to hear that we've been able to help. Obviously our support team is always here for you! Talk soon!

Shane from EWWW Image Optimizer

The simplest way to setup an affiliate program

We are able to reward our customers who refer friends/clients to use our products, and build more brand loyalty. It also allows us to build relationships with our companies who would like to recommend our products.

Pros

The biggest win was the direct integration with our existing software (Easy Digital Downloads). Plus, it follows a similar design paradigm, and has a ton of extensions that allowed us to customize the affiliate program for our specific business needs.

Cons

There was an incompatibility between two of the extensions I wanted to use originally, but support was very quick to help me figure that out and point me to the relevant documentation.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Hi Shane, thanks for the review. We're glad to hear that our support team was able to assist you quickly. We appreciate all of your feedback!

Sonya from Paunya LLC

Great affiliate software option for wordpress

I've never had any issues with the functionality of the software, though. It's updated regularly and has worked well for my clients.

Pros

It's very easy to manage affiliates and it integrates well with Gravity forms and WooCommerce. Paypal payout options are easy, too.

Cons

In relying on PayPal, you can't really do mass payouts anymore as PayPal has disabled the feature that would allow you to do so. So if you have a lot of affiliates, doing payouts is more time consuming. Additionally, if you want your UI for your affiliates to be a little more attractive/friendly to use, you probably want to consider some custom css and perhaps a custom page template for how their affiliate account info is displayed.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Hi Sonya, thanks for the review. We appreciate your feedback! What do you think of the idea of a single-action affiliate payout method? We actually have this service available if you're interested.

Alex from Institut for Jagt

Growing the business

Pros

Wanna grow your business through resellers? This is IMO the best solution for WordPress on the market. A quite complex setup is comparingly very easy to implement, follow-up and sell to resellers. If something does not work, their support is off the chart. This is the best support I have EVER expereinced (having worked 12 years in the IT Service and Support area). This software comes with my recommendation.

Cons

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Excellent feedback Alex, thank you very much!

Kara from Kara Bullock Art

AffiliateWP for Creative Businesses

My overall experience has been quite positive and I always recommend this product to my friends!

Pros

I love AffiliateWP! I think what I love the most is that at the end of the month, it is so easy to pay the people that are affiliates for my company! The program is super easy to follow, and my affiliates find it easy as well!

Cons

At this time, there really is not anything that I find difficult or undesirable!

Reasons for Choosing AffiliateWP

AffiliateWP had all of the features and integrations I was looking for while the others did not.

Reasons for Switching to AffiliateWP

I wanted the program to integrate with my website and ejunkie did not do that!

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Hi Kara, thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback!

Jonathan from MyBodyTutor, Inc.

Solid affiliate/referral software for Wordpress sites

Overall the software has worked well and we've been happy with it as an affordable solution to providing our customers with an affiliate option.

Pros

We like how the product integrates directly into the Wordpress administration panel so we don't need to keep track of separate systems. It was easy to setup. The documentation available with AffiliateWP provides clear instructions and examples. They do not take any commission on sales or referrals. It ingrates nicely with their other software, such as WP Simple Pay.

Cons

I'm not a fan of paying annual license fees, however this can be avoided with the purchase of an Ultimate license. You'll likely need to buy the Professional license at minimum if you are creating a serious referral program.

Reasons for Choosing AffiliateWP

Ease of integration, price, feature set

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

So pleased to hear AffiliateWP is working well for you Marc!

Al from Genesis II Publishing, Inc.

Not an intuitive experience

Overall I feel frustration. The interface is not intuitive to me as an admin. I am not new to the web or software. So I think y'all really need to take look at this. But since I have signed up for auto-payouts that should simplify things. Then I won't have to interact with the non-intuitive payout system as much.

Pros

It works. It tracks affiliate sales and calculates payouts. The link generator works well. And now they have auto payouts, which is very helpful.

Cons

I just don't find it intuitive. I don't use it often because I don't have a lot of affiliates and they don't generate that much in sales. So each time I use it I spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to use it.

Reasons for Choosing AffiliateWP

I liked the link generating feature. And because I have a low flow of affilates, I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg to get it. I hope this helps.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Hi Al, thanks for the review and feedback. Your words are absolutely true. The reporting can be a bit cumbersome and it might be a little tricky to navigate. Our payout services should take care of your issues but we are working on making improvements!

Chris from LifterLMS

Best Affiliate Management Solution for WordPress

It just works out of the box and helps expand revenue through the affiliate channel.

Pros

The tracking works great. It's easy for Affiliates to join. It's easy to set up affiliate accounts for people. The integration with coupons is great as well.

Cons

I wish it were easier to pay out affiliates from right inside the software.

Reasons for Choosing AffiliateWP

AffiliateWP is very well respected in the WordPress community and has a strong positive reputation. It's the go to in WordPress.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Hey Chris, thanks for the review! Have you looked into our new AffiliateWP Payout Services? You can pay all of your affiliates within AffiliateWP now!

Michael from Haley Nutrition

Best thing I ever included in my online marketing

Affiliate sales is the current selling strategy. We used to have "sales people". But now, there are "influencers". AffiliateWP makes it possible to be in the current marketing trend.

Pros

Cons

I'm stumped by this question... because there's nothing to not like.

Reasons for Choosing AffiliateWP

Side by Side with the little knowledge I had, there was a confidence that this was the right one. I am CERTAIN I made the right choice.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Hi Michael, thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback and we're glad that we can be a solid solution for your!

Adam from Marketing and Advertising

The best self-hosted affiliate software for WordPress

I've tried a number of 3rd party affiliate programs, other php based self-hosted scripts and AffiliateWP is the hands down easiest to use and has the best tracking.

Pros

Works great, not many bugs and receives frequent updates. Users can set and track their own custom discount codes. Easy to pay Affiliates using Stripe and Paypal. Compatible with many popular contact form plugins.

Cons

Wish they had integrations for other affiliate programs like CJ, Shareasale, JVZoo and Clickbank.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Hey Adam, thanks for writing us a review. We appreciate the feedback!

Joe from Mt. Capra

AffiliateWP is an excellent plugin for DIY web store owners

Excellent all around. This is a quality plugin produced a development team who cares and who listen.

Pros

AffiliateWP is an excellent choice for any WooCommerce web store owner who is comfortable managing and promoting their own affiliate program. There is some learning curve for implementation but this is not really a problem due to AffiliateWP's excellent support.

Cons

This is not a missing feature but rather a limitation of business model. AffiliateWP is a no fluff plugin that does not offer any marketplace (where your affiliate products might be discovered) or marketing to help you find affiliates. This is not promised either but one should know going in that for the program to be successful store owners will have to promote the affiliate program themselves.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Hi Joe, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback!

Best Affiliate Software For The Money

I tried about a dozen different software’s for an affiliate program and this is the best software that I’ve ever used, all the other programs were missing key features or needed you to pay a lot more to access them. Affiliate WP is the only fair deal around, and I will recommend it to anybody.

Pros

Cons

There was nothing I could find that I didn’t like about the software.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Thanks for the review! Let us know if you ever need any help!

Great affiliate management system for wordpress

We needed a plugin to create a transparent and honest reselling plan for our influencer marketing programme. AffiliateWP did the job perfectly and both parties were

Pros

The complete set of features and functionalities to allow you to create a good affiliate system in WordPress integrated with woocommerce, forms and invoice plugins. Also, the configuration was easy to implement.

Cons

No free trial available. I wasn't sure this was the tool I needed. Expensive price for entry level users.

SEO articles and revews

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Thank you for the thoughtful review!

Stefan from Saniderm

Great product. Intuitive integration, attractive price points.

My business works with a lot of industry and social media influencers as well as discount applications like Honey and WeThrift. Before AffiliateWP, we had a very difficult time tracking referral purchases from the parties mentioned above, and we wouldn't have been able to work with companies like Honey or WeThrift. AffiliateWP made it very simple to track referral purchases and pay them out. I'm very satisfied with the product.

Pros

How easy it was to setup and integrate with my WordPress site and WooCommerce storefront. I was expecting much more work to get it setup and working properly based on my experience with other similar services. It was essentially plug and play, and everything WORKED. As a developer it makes me very happy when a plugin just works.

Cons

There's nothing I would say I'm 'dissatisfied' with. My one suggestion would be to maybe add more attractive out-of-the-box styling for the affiliate area pages. I had to add custom styles to make those pages look passable.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Hi Stefan, thanks for the review! Sounds like AffiliateWP works well for you needs! If you ever need help or are interested in an auto payout service, reach out to our support team!

Zane from Iron Woody LLC

Affiliate WP is the best!

Great I haven't had any problems.

Pros

I love how you can use more than just a link to track an affiliate order, I use the promo codes to tracks orders more than links. Its great!

Cons

With it had more platforms for other e-commerce platforms.

Reasons for Switching to AffiliateWP

AffiliateWP has more options.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Hi Zane, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback!

Amanda from Future Female Leadera

Industry: Political Organization

Great for affiliate programs!

I recommend this plugin and service to anyone building an affiliate program. It is easy to learn, navigate and implement.

Pros

Cons

My least favorite part is there is currently not a month to month setting for clicks. Our affiliate program is broken down by months but the software doesn’t currently offer that feature so it’s a little bit of a hassle.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Hi Amanda, thanks for the review. We appreciate your feedback!

Jennifer from Subtle Energy Sciences

Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewing AffiliateWP

Pros

I like that AffiliateWP is reliable, and better than competitors.

Cons

The AffiliateWP user interface needs improvement.

Reasons for Choosing AffiliateWP

Better than competitors in all categories.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Hi Jennifer, thank you for the review. We appreciate the feedback and look to improve the interface in the future.

Adrian from Groundhogg Inc.

Gets the job done right :)

Get's the job done! I set it up once and then forget about it, except for paying out affiliates once a month and approving new affiliates.

Pros

I use Easy Digital Downloads for my store which is made by the same team as AffiliateWP. This means that EDD and AffWP work together in harmony to ensure that my affiliates get paid out correctly. There are lots of customization options for how you pay people out, but I settled on simple 10-20% commission rates.

Cons

configuring mass payments was difficult, the documentation at the time was a bit outdated. I figured it out eventually though! Also, the explanations around recurring payments and commissions were a bit confusing. The simplicity of the product is sometimes lost in all the customizations you can make.

Reasons for Choosing AffiliateWP

AffiliateWP made the most sense because it was produced by the same team as my e-commerce store, making integration seamless.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

We really appreciate the thoughtful review Adrian!

Jorge Edel from veeme media

Best but not the most beautiful WP affiliate system

Pros

One of the most stable affiliate system I have used. It gets the job done and users who know it trust it.

Cons

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Hi Jorge, thanks for writing a review. We appreciate the feedback and the truth is affiliate systems are ugly across the board. We're continually trying to make it less ugly it's also important for function well. Hopefully, we'll get prettier as we age!

Scott from The Fresh House LLC

WooCommerce Affiliates for Life!

Pros

The pro version has lifetime commissions and other premium add-ons that are super valuable. There's more add-ons than any other affiliate software we've seen for WooCommerce.

Cons

We have a multisite wordpress install on one of our projects, and it's kind of tricky to set up so it works across the network. Although we do have challenges with other wordpress plugins in the environment. On our primary WooCommerce site that's not a multisite network, it's amazing! And simple to setup.

Reasons for Choosing AffiliateWP

It seemed that AffiliateWP had the most options, the most add-ons, and customizable features. We could add on lots in the future if we wanted. They also have a lifetime purchase option, so we don't have to pay annually like so many other plugins want to lock you in.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Hi Scott, thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback. Feel free to reach out to support if you ever need help!

Thomas from Start Digital Ltd

Great product - simple to use

REally good - I wouldnt hesitate in using again.

Pros

We had looked at various alternative ways of providing an affiliates system on client websites. Affiliate WP really stood out for a number of reasons. The cost / value ratio was just too good . A huge number of features, simple to apply - and easy to understand.

Cons

There was really no problems with this software - we had wanted to make some small customisations, and while this was timeconsuming, we got there in the end with support!

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Outstanding! Happy to hear you've had such a good experience Thomas!

Easy to use affiliate software for WP

Pros

We implemented Affiliate WP to our wordpress system as it seemed like an easy to use product. In less than a day we have a basic affiliate program in place. We decided to go for this premium product as it meant that it worked out of the box without too much customisation

Cons

There could be here to help put and manage bespoke content onto affiliate sites. We wanted to put a calculator on multiple sites but this was not that easy with Affiliate WP.

Reasons for Choosing AffiliateWP

At the time we wanted to keep costs low and so Affiliate WP did what it said on the tin and gave us a functioning affiliate programme fast

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Thanks for the feedback! A calculator sounds like a very interesting idea which I've not heard other customers ask for. Would love to hear about how you accomplished that.

Derek from Adarna

Redefining software ROI

AffiliateWP is our go to plugin for all of our clients that are looking to develop an affiliate programme. Its many features and ease of use soon get these projects going and the ROI our customers generally experience makes them them wonder why they had not made their decision sooner.

Pros

AffiliateWP comes packed with every function you could possibly think to manage your affiliate programme. It is the ideal Wordpress plugin and its numerous features allow you to create an effective affiliate programme for small businesses through to enterprise solutions. As a WordPress it was dead easy to get going with AffiliateWP

Cons

We occasionally experience temporary errors but the support we get is fantastic and any glitches are soon overcome. Not having a free version or a free trial means you need to take a leap of faith but any research should put your mind at ease.

Reasons for Choosing AffiliateWP

As a WordPress house AffiliateWP was the natural option and have not been disappointed.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied June 2020

Hi Derek, thanks for taking the time to write a review! We're glad to hear that AffiliateWP has been suitable for you and your clients. We're here if you need anything!

Allen from Green Group Studio

Exactly what we were looking for

Pros

The affiliate tracking is nice and straightforward. This saved us a ton of time in coding our own system, making it an affordable solution for our clients.

Cons

It would be nice if there was default affiliate legal language provided for affiliates to sign off on (regarding various commission structure referrals/payments). Also, there is a growing area of concern regarding sponsored content on social media in the United States (which affiliates would be using to market, to earn commissions). A legal guide for them regarding advertisement disclosures would be a nice addition.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Hi Allen, thanks for the review. We appreciate your feedback, particularly the idea on the legal guide. While we cannot give legal advice ourselves it would be nice to have a resource for our users. We will look into this.

Nikolay from PP Network

It is a good plugin but needs improvements for sure!

Pros

Easy to understand and flexible to adapt which is a great advantage.

Cons

We have had many issues. Even though the support tried to help us these issues continue.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Sorry to hear that you've continued to have issues Nikolay. I hope you'll continue trying to work with our support team to resolve them. We're committed to helping you succeed!

Peter from Garetii Media

Best Wordpress Affiliate Plugin

Support is always great, answering any questions pretty quickly, and AffiliateWP does more than any other Wordpress affiliate plugin that I've found so far (and is reliable - we tried another plugin that we kept having issues with over and over again).

Pros

I really like that you can allow affiliates to create custom and simple affiliate urls, and I like that you can create affiliate landing pages that give credit to those affiliates without the need for even using their affiliate url.

Cons

The affiliate dashboard comes plain out of the box, with almost no styling. It would be nice if it included some beautiful styling out of the box.

Reasons for Choosing AffiliateWP

AffiliateWP had more options than Affiliate for Woocommerce and had a lifetime license option.

Reasons for Switching to AffiliateWP

Ultimate Affiliate Pro had so many bugs and quirks, we felt like we were constantly wrestling with and trying to fix the system. It was just too much of a hassle.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Hi Peter, thanks for the review and we appreciate all of your feedback. We're happy to hear that we can be a solid solution for you!

amy from New Hope

Love it!

I Got the recommendation from a fellow program builder and have loved it since using it. highly recommend

Pros

It’s very easy to set up and share with potential affiliates. Great tutorials. Love having a way to share program and offer affiliate program

Cons

I love it- no complaints! It’s great:) thank you

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Thanks so much for the review Amy!

Chance from Proximal Contact, LLC

No issues for 5 years and counting!

Pros

I've used Affiliate WP for more than 5 years and it's never caused a problem on my website. The plugin and its extensions work every time. Our customer's love the extra income and our team loves how easy it is to compensate our fans.

Cons

This software does what it is intended to do without much fluff. It would be great to see more customizations available for the affiliate dashboard.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Thanks so much for the review Chance, and for being a loyal customer for so long! That's awesome!

Andy from Phone Repairs ASAP

Industry: Consumer Electronics

Software you must have

Everyone I have dealt with has been very knowledgeable

Pros

Features you can’t find anywhere else with the value that exceeds others

Cons

Nothing, works well, not sure what I would change

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Andy, thanks for writing us a review. We're glad that we can help you with your business!

Paul from 3E Innovative Design

Industry: Graphic Design

ALl in one affilliate software

Have realised actual affiliate revenue using the software.

Pros

Once set up, integrates easily with WooCommerce to set up affiliate programs on a per affiliate level. We use it for afilliates to sell Learndash courses via WooCommerce and tracks their payments well once lin ked to paypal. Payment is made within AffiliateWP via a click to pay and can then be used to track who has and hasn't been paid.

Cons

A bit of a learning curve, but once you know it, it's all fine.

Reasons for Choosing AffiliateWP

I purchased the lifetime developer license which I though was a fantastic opportunity. Currently using on one client site but will be using for myself once I have my training product ready to sell.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Hi Paul, thank you for the review. We appreciate your feedback!

Dave from Escape Creative

Simple, powerful affiliate software you can host yourself

Pros

AffiliateWP is super-easy to set up. You can add affiliates manually if they aren't already registered with your WordPress site. Or you can easily connect existing users and convert them into affiliates. I also love how you can set defaults for how much to award affiliates, but still customize this on an affiliate-by-affiliate basis. Reward the people who are working the hardest to promote your product/service. There are several dashboard widgets which make previewing referrals a breeze. You get email notifications for new referrals. There's a free add-on that lets you promote your product on a separate site from the one you sell it on, but still pass on the affiliate cookie to your ecommerce site (where the transaction happens). This is awesome for me because I have a separate blog where I write a ton of free content, much of which promotes my secondary site which sells my product.

Cons

I don't think I've used it enough yet to have found the things I don't like about it. I've heard (anecdotally) that payouts could be a little easier, but I know the makers of AffiliateWP recently launched a new Payouts Service which is supposed to help with this.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Hey Dave, thanks for the review! Very kind of you to provide examples of how AffiliateWP helped out. Your site seems to be a perfect use case for both EDD and AffiliateWP! When you have some time take a look into our Payout Service. Our support team is always here to answer questions!

Loretta from Tai Chi Gala

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Great Way to Compensate Team Members for Their Effort

I used this to help compensate presenters of an event I run. That is, the more that presenters contribute by helping their clients/students and associates know about this event, the more we ALL benefit. I want to help the teachers out a little, so I am happy to give them monetary compensation for their efforts - which often go unnoticed by many other event hosts.

Pros

Integration with Wordpress was crucial. Easy enough to understand and customize.

Cons

Needs to be easier to create coupon codes that people can GIVE in-person, attached to their affiliate account. Better integration - like with WooCommerce - make it more seamless and easy.

Reasons for Choosing AffiliateWP

n/a. - Advised of this product by my web developer.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Hi Loretta, thank you for the review. We appreciate all of your feedback. We love how you explained your use case!

Osamudiamwen from AFARI Travels & Tours Limited

Incredible Framework - Fair GUI

The experience has been good so far, I like the fact that there are constant updates on the product.

Pros

The framework and structure is good and elaborate. It is easy to setup up too.

Cons

Difficult to customise GUI to exact specification. I think a documentation of the tags and CSS will aid easy customisation and responsive design across various devices.

Reasons for Choosing AffiliateWP

The features appeared easier to configure and utilise. It also met my desires.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Hi Osamudiamwen, thank you for the review. We appreciate your feedback! We look forward improving AffiliateWP for you.

Vilijam from VG Events & Media

Industry: Capital Markets

Love this plugin

great, support is amazing and fast

Pros

I have tested many affiliate plugins but nothing works so accurate as AffiliateWP

Cons

the design is quite basic which is not a problem thos

service

didnt work

Nathan from Millennial Moose

There is a reason AffiliateWP is the industry standard

Fluid, easy, and exciting.

Pros

The ability to communicate and execute strategies with affiliates is second to none. It's amazing what this software can do and how hands-off it is. It allows me to focus on what is important by automating much of the tedious work that comes with managing affiliates.

Cons

I wish the affiliate coupon options were less hidden. The option is buried under in the Woocommerce coupon section and I wish there was another option in the admin affiliate portal or more documentation on where to find it.

Reasons for Choosing AffiliateWP

It is overall a better product.

Response from Sandhills Development

Replied April 2020

Hi Nathan, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback!