What are AffiliateWP users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using AffiliateWP software through verified user reviews

• icon"The biggest win was the direct integration with our existing software (Easy Digital Downloads)."
  • icon"A really positive thing about this software was its seamless integration with woocommerce."
  • icon"Easy to use for users and easy to navigate. We use for our affiliate program and it works great."
  • icon"Nothing, works well, not sure what I would change."
  • icon"The interface is just too ugly. Needs huge UI fix and some template options."
  • icon"I don't think I've used it enough yet to have found the things I don't like about it."

Browse all AffiliateWP Reviews

• Have you used AffiliateWP and would like to share your experience with others?

Ken

Industry: Online Media

Great way to launch an affiliate program for your business

As a WordPress design and development agency this was a natural choice for us. We found it easy to install and integrate a custom affiliate dashboard for our partners. AffiliateWP has a lot of built in integrations for WordPress e-commerce solutions including WooCommerce. As an agency though selling services through a third party CRM (HubSpot) we didn't have an automated integration however the flexibility of the solution allowed us to build our own integration to make sure that inbound leads fed into our CRM are attributed to an AffiliateWP affiliate.

Pros

The best part of this solution is that it integrates directly with WordPress making it super easy to install a basic setup.

Cons

We'd like to see some more development of the External Referral Links add-on for the product that would allow lead capture forms on a separate site but report back to the site with AffiliateWP installed. The current workflow allows referral traffic to originate from Site B and be linked to Site A and include the necessary tracking from end to end. We'd like to see a way for transactions to occur on Site B and simply report via API back to Site A where AffiliateWP is installed. For example if Site B has a lead capture form on it and it's completed on Site B, keep the user on Site B but credit the affiliate on the AffiliateWP install on Site A.

Reasons for choosing AffiliateWP

AffiliateWP seems to be actively developed and be the most popular of all the solutions out there. The add-on options allow us to install just the features we need and eliminate the ones we don't.

Response from Sandhills Development

Hi Ken, thank you for taking the time to write such a thorough review. We appreciate all of your feedback, as it is very helpful. If you have any issues, our support is always here for your team.

Victoria

Become affiliate of success

After analyzing for almost a month different options for having my own affiliate program I decided that AffiliateWP was the best option in the market for people like me that had no idea about this kind of software. It was really reliefing that customer support held my back a number of times.

Pros

Cons

Didn't liked that it wasn't even mentioned that more plugins would be needed in order to have an overall integration that included subdomains.

Reasons for choosing AffiliateWP

Because although it was not cheap, its paid features outranked what their competitors offered.

Response from Sandhills Development

Thrilled to hear that you're satisfied so far and that our support team was able to help you out!

Russ

Industry: Alternative Medicine

AffiliateWP

It has been very good to get started. We have some modifications we want to make and got no response to what was necessary.

Pros

Ease of set up and use, features, add-ons

Cons

Difficulty in modifying. We want to make some adjustments and got no response to what to do.

Reasons for choosing AffiliateWP

It was easy to start up and did most of what we needed at that point.

Response from Sandhills Development

Hi Russ, thanks for taking the time to write a review. We noticed that you submitted a custom development request and from what you've said, you've had no response. While that does not excuse the fact that our 3rd party consultants did not respond, we are currently in the middle of sunsetting our consultants program and now directing all custom inquires to Codeable. Codeable is the most reliable platform of WordPress Experts and they are extremely familiar with AffiliateWP. Besides, the custom development requests, we welcome all questions and are available for assistance.

Jessica

Everything we needed

It's very straightforward and easy to track everything from a management side. I'm very thankful for that. You can just set it up and forget about it. There are a ton of really cool features that our affiliates don't seem to be using, but the features they do use I feel like work great and for the price provide a great value.

Pros

We love that we can allow our affiliates to use their own links and coupon codes without paying extra. This software has a ton of great features, tracking, customization options and is fairly intuitive and easy to integrate with our website and existing software.

Cons

It's not the most glamourous of an interface, but I think those that are more versed in coding and developing could customize it to look beautiful.

Reasons for choosing AffiliateWP

More flexibility to use all the features we needed at a competitive price

Reasons for switching to AffiliateWP

For the price point that we wanted we couldn't use referral links and coupons. We LOVE that you integrate so well with woo-commerce to provide us with the ability to offer our affiliates multiple channels of referrals so our program can be simple for them as well.

Response from Sandhills Development

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave this detailed review Jessica!

Abid

Create Amazing Affiliate Program on WordPress Website

My experience with AffiliateWP is really great, because now more people visit my website and they can see my services and products. I really like the features because now more traffic coming to my website. The number of real customers are increasing and I am definitely enjoying this great platform.

Pros

If you want a perfect and amazing affiliate marketing solutions then AffiliateWP is best for your requirements. You will find so professional affiliate marketing tools that will definitely increase and grow your business. You will able to make more money if you use this Affiliate program. Increase your ranking through this platform, boost your traffic and earn incredible income.

Cons

The features of this platform are outstanding including referral tracking and advanced affiliate techniques. Even dashboard is also very nice and awesome. According to my experience and point of view, this platform is great, that don’t have any cons or issues.

Response from Sandhills Development

Hi Abid, thanks for taking the time to write a review for us. Glad to hear that AffiliateWP is working well for you and your growing site!

Replied July 2021

Jeremiah

Excellent product with excellent customer service.

I absolutely love AffiliateWP. It was a great tool while I used it, and support was always very quick to help with any issues. I ended up shutting down or selling the businesses that were using it (I had 3 sites using AffiliateWP), and had a billing issue. Their support fixed the issue (which was my fault) and refunded me in minutes, no hassle at all. When a company is willing to take care of you AFTER you're done paying them, that's when you know they really do care. Hopefully I'll have a use-case for it again in the future, because I'll 100% use AffiliateWP over any of the alternatives.

Pros

Overall easy to use. I love that you literally have full control over it (via extensions, and WP hooks and filters). The low annual fee to use it makes it a much more competitive option for small businesses.

Cons

It can feel like a lot of setup at the beginning, but I suppose that's the case with any comparable software. Because it's a WP plugin it can sometimes be complicated to change things that seem like they should be simple settings (usually because they're overridden by WP core or other WP plugins). It's a rare issue, but it does happen sometimes.

Response from Sandhills Development

Wow, Jeremiah! Thanks for the amazing review. We'll welcome you back anytime!

Nate

Great & Simple Affiliate Software

Pros

I utilize this as a Wordpress plugin for a consumer goods product. Simple to set up and onboard affiliates, and allows them to log in individually to get stats, creative, and tracking links.

Cons

Sometimes I find it does not log an affiliate referral correctly based on an affiliate coupons code. It’s simple enough to add retroactively, however.

Response from Sandhills Development

Hi Nate, thanks for writing a review. We appreciate your feedback. Feel free to reach out to our support team if you ever have any issues!

Adrian

Gets the job done right :)

Get's the job done! I set it up once and then forget about it, except for paying out affiliates once a month and approving new affiliates.

Pros

I use Easy Digital Downloads for my store which is made by the same team as AffiliateWP. This means that EDD and AffWP work together in harmony to ensure that my affiliates get paid out correctly. There are lots of customization options for how you pay people out, but I settled on simple 10-20% commission rates.

Cons

configuring mass payments was difficult, the documentation at the time was a bit outdated. I figured it out eventually though! Also, the explanations around recurring payments and commissions were a bit confusing. The simplicity of the product is sometimes lost in all the customizations you can make.

Reasons for choosing AffiliateWP

AffiliateWP made the most sense because it was produced by the same team as my e-commerce store, making integration seamless.

Response from Sandhills Development

We really appreciate the thoughtful review Adrian!

Peter

Best Wordpress Affiliate Plugin

Support is always great, answering any questions pretty quickly, and AffiliateWP does more than any other Wordpress affiliate plugin that I've found so far (and is reliable - we tried another plugin that we kept having issues with over and over again).

Pros

I really like that you can allow affiliates to create custom and simple affiliate urls, and I like that you can create affiliate landing pages that give credit to those affiliates without the need for even using their affiliate url.

Cons

The affiliate dashboard comes plain out of the box, with almost no styling. It would be nice if it included some beautiful styling out of the box.

Reasons for choosing AffiliateWP

AffiliateWP had more options than Affiliate for Woocommerce and had a lifetime license option.

Reasons for switching to AffiliateWP

Ultimate Affiliate Pro had so many bugs and quirks, we felt like we were constantly wrestling with and trying to fix the system. It was just too much of a hassle.

Response from Sandhills Development

Hi Peter, thanks for the review and we appreciate all of your feedback. We're happy to hear that we can be a solid solution for you!

Dave

Simple, powerful affiliate software you can host yourself

Pros

AffiliateWP is super-easy to set up. You can add affiliates manually if they aren't already registered with your WordPress site. Or you can easily connect existing users and convert them into affiliates. I also love how you can set defaults for how much to award affiliates, but still customize this on an affiliate-by-affiliate basis. Reward the people who are working the hardest to promote your product/service. There are several dashboard widgets which make previewing referrals a breeze. You get email notifications for new referrals. There's a free add-on that lets you promote your product on a separate site from the one you sell it on, but still pass on the affiliate cookie to your ecommerce site (where the transaction happens). This is awesome for me because I have a separate blog where I write a ton of free content, much of which promotes my secondary site which sells my product.

Cons

I don't think I've used it enough yet to have found the things I don't like about it. I've heard (anecdotally) that payouts could be a little easier, but I know the makers of AffiliateWP recently launched a new Payouts Service which is supposed to help with this.

Response from Sandhills Development

Hey Dave, thanks for the review! Very kind of you to provide examples of how AffiliateWP helped out. Your site seems to be a perfect use case for both EDD and AffiliateWP! When you have some time take a look into our Payout Service. Our support team is always here to answer questions!

Willima Jay

Great Plugin

I was looking for an effective way to setup an affiliate system on a clients website. She does spray tanning at fitness/bodybuilding events and also sell shoes & accessories to the athletes. She was looking for a way to increase sales but also reward her sponsored athletes for their support of her business. She was looking for a way to reward the athletes but keep them spending the money on her site. The AffiliateWP plugin did exactly what we needed with the Store Credit addon. Perfect! The athletes love it and the client is thrilled. Her sales increased huge.

Pros

All the different options that were available. Using the AffilateWP plugin allowed me to get rid of several other plugins that were trying to do the same job, just not as well.

Cons

I don't know if this is too much of a negative, but all the different options that were available. It really forced me to to determine what functions I need for the project and how to utilize the AffiliateWP plugin the most effective way for what I needed. I guess the simplest way to explain is that I had too many choices, that is not an entirely bad thing.

Reasons for choosing AffiliateWP

The biggest difference was the different options (addons). I found that there was an addon for exactly what I was looking for. The next biggest difference was the reviews. I spent a lot of time looking at different reviews. Finally the cost. I think you really get the best bang for your buck.

Reasons for switching to AffiliateWP

Was trying to patch work different plugins to do what AffiliateWP with one plugin.

Response from Sandhills Development

This is an excellent testimonial Willima Jay! Thank you for sharing!

Michelle

Best solution for us!

Looking at several different affiliate programs, one of the biggest problems was how to prevent commission from being earned on wholesale orders. One of the extensions we found for AffiliateWP allows us to assign specific customers to a specific affiliate. We made a fake account for wholesale commission to go to and just assign all wholesale customer commissions to go to that fake account.

Pros

The companies I design websites for want full control over their affiliate program. It needs to be something they can host on their own servers, something they can review to approve/reject commissions on a case by case basis, and something where they are in control of who knows about the program. AffiliateWP along with its many extensions fits almost everything they are looking for! (And for the few things it doesn't fit, there is probably an extension to make it happen.)

Cons

Generating our monthly reports could go more smoothly. … The current system isn't bad. But it is a little awkward and not very intuitive. Affiliates also find the reports on their end a bit confusing. We have to walk them through how to find / understand what they are seeing. I think most of this confusion is caused by the "forced pending" status on new transactions. We do not want to give credit for an order until the return window has passed.

Reasons for choosing AffiliateWP

More control over the affiliate program. We wanted something that lives on our server.

Reasons for switching to AffiliateWP

We had to switch affiliate programs when we changed from Magento to WooCommerce.

Response from Sandhills Development

Hi Michelle, thanks for writing a review. Your use case was really helpful for understanding what you need from AffiliateWP. Thank you for your feedback!

OMOLEHIN

THE BEST AFFILIATE MACHINE

I call this plugin a money-making machine because it makes some unimaginable sale for me with automation and less work. could be used with ease on WordPress.and of course the price is so affordable and it works straight to the point I need it always...

Pros

THE fact that this sofware can make our company website provide the affiliate link to visitors with no stress or daily distribution of affiliate products to subscribers is amazing with it auto-piloted referral property .also the sweet and easy compatibility with WordPress makes it easy to use and set up.

Cons

the plugin limits some marketing integrations. basically on the referral marketing where the site doing the referral's leads don't show on the main site with affiliate wp. i think there should a form implemented for less work.

Response from Sandhills Development

Hi Omolehin, thanks for writing a review. We appreciate your feedback! -Tyler

Replied December 2020

Hector

Versatile affiliate plugin

It has consistently allowed us to track our affiliate referrals for 2 plus years straight and has paid for itself many times over.

Pros

We used this plugin on our business website. It allowed us to easily provide referral links for our affiliates to share. We were up and running in a matter of minutes and it has been a solid plugin for 2 years plus. We are using it primarily for the referral link feature but there is so much more this plugin can do if your needs call for more. One of the top plugins of this kind. Can't go wrong here if you need a professional affiliate backend.

Cons

Your mileage may vary but for what we are using it for it works flawlessly. It would be nice if it could integrate better with form plugins like Gravity Foms but it's still an awesome plugin.

Reasons for choosing AffiliateWP

AffiliateWP looked to us like the most mature and versatile product so that sold us.

Response from Sandhills Development

Hi Hector! Thanks for the great review. If you have any questions or issues, reach out to our stellar support!

Replied November 2020

Simon

Amazing Platform for Affilate members

My overall experience with AffiliateWP has been extremely positive, it was extremely easy to integrate with PayPal and extremely reliable. The main benefit I have realised is the time savings as it makes it extremely easy for influencers to join promoting my product.

Pros

I love the platform because it is an easy way to get influences to join my website to help promote my products. I also enjoy that I am able to easily payout all the members all at once with PayPal in bulk payments each month. It is also extremely useful to see the reports on how the performance of each of my affiliate members is doing in order for me to focus on building up the people that have joined my program. and also setting up custom affiliate rates pending on the person.

Cons

For the way that I have the program set up with custom links for multiple different products due to multiple currencies I'm very happy with the software I can't think of anything that I would like to change at this point of time, As linking the affiliate id with the coupon code makes it so easy.

Response from Sandhills Development

Hi Simon, thanks for the review. Your success is encouraging. Let us know if we can continue to help you further in any way!

Amanat

Industry: Cosmetics

Best ever affiliate plugin

Great experience with an affiliate plugin. I found most of the options that will succeed the affiliate website like the points system, wallet, affiliate user dashboard. it's amazing

Pros

I used almost all WordPress affiliate plugin. but I found this plugin very useful. has a lot of functionality, easy customizable, and user friendly. Highly recommended.

Cons

Most of the features that should be in an affiliate system it contains and compatible with woocommerce. most of the top plugins are integration available for wp affiliate.

Reasons for choosing AffiliateWP

Simply, wp affiliate is more comprehensive than all other WordPress woocommerce affiliate plugins. so I have no other option then wp affiliate pro

Reasons for switching to AffiliateWP

Yith not more comprehensive like wp affiliate pro.

Response from Sandhills Development

Hi Amanat, Thanks for writing a review for AffiliateWP. We've added a few features including affiliate QR codes that could be useful for cosmetics. Anyhow, let us know if we can help you any way. Thanks again.

Replied July 2021

Steven

Industry: Photography

Affiliate WP Great product great support

Great product, great support, I have a lifetime membership so update are always current. They continued to update and upgrade the software on a regular basis

Pros

We use this for our membership site. Easy to use and very easy to keep updated. Updates are automatic. Have used this with several different themes over a few years and has worked great. Have not had much need for support but they have been able to help when needed.

Cons

This is the only Affiliate management software I have used so nothing to compare it to. It dose exactly what I need it to do so not too much I can say here.

Response from Sandhills Development

Hey Steven, so cool to see that you're using AffiliateWP alongside RCP! We think the Lifetime license is a total bargain too. Factoid: We're basically the same support team across all products and we take pride in the quality of our support.

Umair

The best and Professional Plugin for WordPress

I have a very professional and best experience with AffiliateWP. Because I use this plugin in my affiliate website and I am really satisfied with the features and options of this plugin. Setup is really easy and I really like the Real-time reporting.

Pros

AffiliateWP is the best WordPress plugin that offers incredible affiliate marketing tools to increase your business and you can easily make more money. This plugin promote your website products and improves the Search engine optimization of your website. When more people visit your website, definitely you will get more affiliate sales. The interface in Dashboard of WordPress is really easy to use and understand.

Cons

Integration is really easy. You can export the data to a CSV file for the accounting purposes. This WordPress plugins is developer-friendly without any kind of cons.

Response from Sandhills Development

Hi Umair, thanks for the wonderful review. We're happy to hear that AffiliateWP is working well for you!

Replied December 2020

Hans

Easily the best affiliate program for wordpress

My overall experience with Affiliate WP has been fantastic.

Pros

It solved the challenge of needing an affiliate system, but what it also did was teach me things about affiliate marketing that I had no idea about (like using affiliate programs without requiring an actual affiliate link).

Cons

Since it is your own self-running affiliate program, you don't have access to a network of affiliates (but that could be a good thing since you want to make sure you are being represented by the people you review and vet yourself!). Other than that, I seriously can't think of one. At one point, bulk payments was not possible, but now it is!

Response from Sandhills Development

Hey Hans! Thanks for the review! So glad to hear that we've been able to help. Obviously our support team is always here for you! Talk soon!

Shane

The simplest way to setup an affiliate program

We are able to reward our customers who refer friends/clients to use our products, and build more brand loyalty. It also allows us to build relationships with our companies who would like to recommend our products.

Pros

The biggest win was the direct integration with our existing software (Easy Digital Downloads). Plus, it follows a similar design paradigm, and has a ton of extensions that allowed us to customize the affiliate program for our specific business needs.

Cons

There was an incompatibility between two of the extensions I wanted to use originally, but support was very quick to help me figure that out and point me to the relevant documentation.

Response from Sandhills Development

Hi Shane, thanks for the review. We're glad to hear that our support team was able to assist you quickly. We appreciate all of your feedback!

Sonya

Great affiliate software option for wordpress

I've never had any issues with the functionality of the software, though. It's updated regularly and has worked well for my clients.

Pros

It's very easy to manage affiliates and it integrates well with Gravity forms and WooCommerce. Paypal payout options are easy, too.

Cons

In relying on PayPal, you can't really do mass payouts anymore as PayPal has disabled the feature that would allow you to do so. So if you have a lot of affiliates, doing payouts is more time consuming. Additionally, if you want your UI for your affiliates to be a little more attractive/friendly to use, you probably want to consider some custom css and perhaps a custom page template for how their affiliate account info is displayed.

Response from Sandhills Development

Hi Sonya, thanks for the review. We appreciate your feedback! What do you think of the idea of a single-action affiliate payout method? We actually have this service available if you're interested.

Alex

Growing the business

Pros

Wanna grow your business through resellers? This is IMO the best solution for WordPress on the market. A quite complex setup is comparingly very easy to implement, follow-up and sell to resellers. If something does not work, their support is off the chart. This is the best support I have EVER expereinced (having worked 12 years in the IT Service and Support area). This software comes with my recommendation.

Cons

The functionality is a bit limited and I am not sure that they actually have users on board meetings. There are some easy quick wins to improve the user experience. The hooks are sadly not documented.

Response from Sandhills Development

Excellent feedback Alex, thank you very much!

Kara

AffiliateWP for Creative Businesses

My overall experience has been quite positive and I always recommend this product to my friends!

Pros

I love AffiliateWP! I think what I love the most is that at the end of the month, it is so easy to pay the people that are affiliates for my company! The program is super easy to follow, and my affiliates find it easy as well!

Cons

At this time, there really is not anything that I find difficult or undesirable!

Reasons for choosing AffiliateWP

AffiliateWP had all of the features and integrations I was looking for while the others did not.

Reasons for switching to AffiliateWP

I wanted the program to integrate with my website and ejunkie did not do that!

Response from Sandhills Development

Hi Kara, thanks for your review. We appreciate your feedback!

Jonathan

Solid affiliate/referral software for Wordpress sites

Overall the software has worked well and we've been happy with it as an affordable solution to providing our customers with an affiliate option.

Pros

We like how the product integrates directly into the Wordpress administration panel so we don't need to keep track of separate systems. It was easy to setup. The documentation available with AffiliateWP provides clear instructions and examples. They do not take any commission on sales or referrals. It ingrates nicely with their other software, such as WP Simple Pay.

Cons

I'm not a fan of paying annual license fees, however this can be avoided with the purchase of an Ultimate license. You'll likely need to buy the Professional license at minimum if you are creating a serious referral program.

Reasons for choosing AffiliateWP

Ease of integration, price, feature set

Response from Sandhills Development

So pleased to hear AffiliateWP is working well for you Marc!

Al

Not an intuitive experience

Overall I feel frustration. The interface is not intuitive to me as an admin. I am not new to the web or software. So I think y'all really need to take look at this. But since I have signed up for auto-payouts that should simplify things. Then I won't have to interact with the non-intuitive payout system as much.

Pros

It works. It tracks affiliate sales and calculates payouts. The link generator works well. And now they have auto payouts, which is very helpful.

Cons

I just don't find it intuitive. I don't use it often because I don't have a lot of affiliates and they don't generate that much in sales. So each time I use it I spend a lot of time trying to figure out how to use it.

Reasons for choosing AffiliateWP

I liked the link generating feature. And because I have a low flow of affilates, I didn't want to spend an arm and a leg to get it. I hope this helps.

Response from Sandhills Development

Hi Al, thanks for the review and feedback. Your words are absolutely true. The reporting can be a bit cumbersome and it might be a little tricky to navigate. Our payout services should take care of your issues but we are working on making improvements!

4.64/5 out of 101 reviews