• icon"This software keeps almost all of it at bay, which, along with many other features and benefits, keeps the email folders less cumbersome."
  • icon"The mailcleaner is true a mail cleaner it really helps us in cleaning our email from spam mails that are very irritatiing and it is also very cheap."
  • icon"It has a nice compilation of well-known software (plenty of features). It’s flexible, with a complete web GUI and the possibility of customizing the underlying applications."
  • icon"Sometimes it allows the sending of unwanted emails and this makes us doubt a bit about security."
  • icon"Sometimes it's difficult to find information about settings and problems. The VMs available for distribution could get a new release (with the latest Debian version)."
  • icon"As far as i am concerned i have nothing to say about any cons of mailcleaner the only thing that is missing in mailcleaner is that it is not available in all platforms."

Browse all MailCleaner Reviews

• Have you used MailCleaner and would like to share your experience with others?

Ahmed ali

Thanks God no more tention of spam mails

We are getting rid of spam mail through it very easily.

Alissa

August 2022

Best price

We have had an overall very positive experience

Pros

We were looking for a product for ourselves and our clients and we have been quite satisfied with the value Mailcleaner provides

Cons

Nothing we are unhappy who we are quite happy

Reasons for choosing MailCleaner

Less expensive

Reasons for switching to MailCleaner

We needed a more secure option

Review of MailCleaner

This software cleaned my mail box of spams

Pros

After use of this software my email box is totally clean and no spams any more.

Cons

I don´t like the price. It seems so expensive for me.

Response from MailCleaner

Hi and thanks a lot for your review. The pricing of Virtual Appliance is expensive for small companies, but yo can also choose the Cloud Services that will be more adapted for a small number of users.

Replied April 2019

Victor

Best open source antispam you will find these days

Overall I really recommend MailCleaner to everyone who hosts their own mail server. I've been using MailCleaner for 4+ years on two different companies and it works well.

Pros

It has a nice compilation of well-known software (plenty of features). It’s flexible, with a complete web GUI and the possibility of customizing the underlying applications. Most important: it has a user quarantine interface, where employees can release their own retained mail, add an address to his own white list, etc. It's fairly easy to setup and use it.

Cons

The installation/configuration has a few oddities. Sometimes it's difficult to find information about settings and problems. The VMs available for distribution could get a new release (with the latest Debian version).

Response from MailCleaner

Thank you very much Victor We are working on the new version based on the latest Debian distribution (huge work) but the current version will continue to be corrected and maintained on all security points until the new one is available

Replied June 2020

Freedom from email threats

I used to have much annoying spam in my email and that made me lose crucial emails. It was embarrassing for me to miss an appointment simply because of cluttered spam.

Pros

There is Cloud Version and Virtual Appliance Version The cloud version is very easy and quick to install. You don’t need to download anything to install the software, it all happens online and in a jiffy It really does the cleaning job as the developer says and there is no nonsense about that. I like its sensitivity in detecting spam and viruses in the mail. In case some clean mail is detected as spam or virus, there is an option for you to add the sender to your white list. This helps to allow the innocent mail in. They give you a try period of 30 days where you enjoy the paid features to decide on purchasing.

Cons

I would honestly say that I haven't experienced any challenges so far with this software.

Best AntiSpan software I've found so far!

Since I started using MailCleaner, I seen a huge improvement in my incoming emails and my spam folder is almost empty. I also feel a lot more at ease knowing that no viruses are getting through to me through my emails.

Pros

I have just recently started using MailCleaner because I was getting so many spam emails. Basically it will provide security against dangerous emails or any other sorts of SPAM. Simple installation , simple to use and available to all users, it also offers tools with filters that permit you to keep your inbox clean so you can find important emails faster. You can also add filters to notify you when you get important email. It is clean and simple to use.

Cons

The only thing I have noticed so far is that the sensitivity level could be a bit more flexible. Other than that, I have no complaints.

Raul

Industry: Music

Excellent protection against spam and viruses in email

Since I am using the program I have not been affected by any virus and this generate trust in the provider.

Pros

It has a friendly interface, is easy to use and the installation process is fast. It really does its job detecting viruses and files with dangerous content.

Albernes

With a simple click, a user can delete or release any message retained by the filter

The process of detecting and filtering spam is transparent, regulated by standards and reliable.

Pros

implements a series of complementary techniques to detect filtering and blocking unwanted mail Combines artificial intelligence algorithms and adapts constantly to identify the changing techniques of spammers

Cons

The level of false is high, and that is why it should be used with care Spammers can break this defense with the help of smart technologies. Using softwares that generate different contents (texts, graphics, etc.) in each spam message se requieren muchas actualizaciones

Helen

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Great email filter

Excellent email protection!

Pros

Great email filter for spam and virus detection and cleaning!

Cons

I would like to have the option to choose my sensitivity levels.

Yaira

It works, it does the work

Pros

This software is used in the organization where I work and it works avoiding those unwanted emails that can be malicious and it also keeps me informed of eventually.

Cons

We have not had any problems using this software in the organization where I work, so I have no complications with this product.

Joe

Loyal user for 13 years

Great. We've evaulated other options but we haven't found anything that works as well and provides as much value.

Pros

Works very well with all of our email platforms. We love how configurable it is.

Cons

We use the Open Source version and the community is a little slow to respond sometimes but we don't really have issues with MailCleaner so we don't need to use the community that much.

Reasons for choosing MailCleaner

Price, functionality

Reasons for switching to MailCleaner

Price and functionality

laura

Cheap and worth it

Pros

Well worth buying if you get hundreds and hundreds of emails every day. It can get overwhelming so this mailcleaner automatically cleans out all the garbage and spam emails for me.

Cons

The software is a little dated and I wish there were more features.

Zeljko

MailCleaner is a complete and free email solution for you.

I have a clean computer from unnecessary messages.

Pros

MailCleaner will filter automatically all valid messages for you, once you setup a domain.

Cons

Everything is in the best order, I have nothing wrong to say.

Info

The best Cloud Spam Filter

Pros

Very easy to configure in cloud edition, best value for money

Cons

A bit old-fashioned user interface, but doing the job

Spam Filter

Pros

We used this product for few years and discontinued after switching to office 365. When we used, it worked reasonably well. Open source was the plus that I noticed and self hosted is another.

Cons

There were some false positives that created some issues.

Jeremy

Review! Mail cleaner

Love it! Super easy, simple, use it alot. It comes in handy when you have hundreds of emails coming in daily.

Pros

I like how I can clean my phone in just one push of a button! It gets spam and unwanted emails out. Super easy to use

Cons

Nothing so far. Been using this for nearly 1 year and use it alot. It's nice to have because I get so many annoying emails.

DIANE

The Spam Fighter!!

I observed this software and am planning to download the free trial to familiarize myself and then buy the software. It is apparent that MailCleaner is a great way to stop the huge amount of irritating Spam that is experienced every time the computer is turned on and email downloaded.

Pros

I love when software products offer a free 30 day trial so that the benefits become well known before you commit....and this software is definitely a great product. Being active on the internet comes with the almost inevitable onslaught of Spam. This software keeps almost all of it at bay, which, along with many other features and benefits, keeps the email folders less cumbersome.

Cons

I found nothing to dislike about this software.