• Pros

• "thanks to mailwasher I can keep my mail free of spam, and it has been a great help for my work, it allows me to read all my emails safely."

• "The way it learns what you mark as spam and junk, saves you a lot of time by automatically removing next time."

• "MailWasher is installed on all our computers and smartphones and easily filters every email with intelligent SPAM blocking tools at the email server level."

• Cons

• "I don’t have any complaints about this software except for the price. It would have been more attractive if they were to lower the monthly fee, but other than that, everything works perfectly."

• "The initial setup and learning. But that's expected, so not much to say that we don't like about it."

• "Sometimes it takes a while to synchronize all my trays from the email server, so, you have to be aware of the response time"

Browse MailWasher Reviews

Adrian from QT-Pro Communications

Absolutely indispensable!

I have been using Mailwasher since 1998 and could not do without it. Because all the mail you receive remains on your ISP's server until you have cleaned it of undesirables, it is impossible to infect your machine with a virus (unless you open read it in HTML view and click on a link within the mail). You cannot view attachments while mails are on the server either. It provides a level of security that I have never found in any other anti-spam solution.

Pros

It is 98% perfect and allows total flexibility in control of your mailbox. To be succinct, ISP spam filters often classify mails as spam when they are both legitimate and important. That can result in you not seeing them because they get sent to your spam folder or automatically deleted. Mailwasher leaves you to decide what is spam and what isn't. If you accidentally delete a mail, the restore option will allow you to retrieve it.

Cons

In the Pro category, I said that the program is 98% perfect. The 2% missing is due to the fact that on rare occasions an unwanted mail will slip through within the space of time you have cleaned the list and then downloaded the remainder. I cannot think of any way the programmer could solve this though as the timeframe is far too tight. Therefore, I mention the issue but would not see it as a reason not to use this program.

Gerson from CorpBID

Application that filters your mail intelligently

What better benefit than to keep your inbox clean and without any type of spam or junk mail, to make the task of checking something nice.

Pros

It is excellent to keep your mail clean and free from dirtty spam, it is very easy to start using it and as we use it becomes more accurate and effective that is why I call it smart, according to your use you will learn which email is spam and it gets better every day, has a list of friends and blacklist that improve even more its quality and work, it comes with a very good spam database that from the beginning will eliminate and filter much of the spam in your inbox.

Cons

It is difficult to find something to claim this application since everything does everything right, in principle it leaves spam in the inbox but as it is configured correctly it will begin to work better and better.

Brian from Chaplain Training Academy

Essential SPAM filter for all email accounts!

Super easy to set up, use, and offers an effective privacy tool against spammers since they cant tell if youve read your email in MailWasher.

Pros

Cons

Suggest a 30-day trial version of software for new users to test before purchasing the Pro version with a lifetime license.

Thileepan from Sakthimicro System

Industry: Computer Hardware

Easy to filter with waste and spam email with MailWasher

Filter spam from my important email

Pros

MailWasher hassle free emailing, our company have many domains and many email accounts, so manage very difficult, but MailWasher doing very easy, MailWasher recycle bin futures is most use full, and very secure spam tools technology, so automatically eliminate waste emails.

Cons

MailWasher work with mobile or desktop. spam tools have many type filters like " Blacklist, friends list, MailWasher spam advanced technology mark and delete spam email on server level so you will get only good ones on your mobile or desktop.

Brian from Peachmorph

Fantastic tool to filter junk and malware before reaching your email client!

Great ultility tool for filtering unwanted and junk emails. Also helps to REDUCE email volumes!

Pros

I have used this software for many years and I found it to be very useful in keeping out junk emails, unknown emails, malware emails and etc. It is a great 1st line of defence before my PC is infested with malware and harmful viruses. I use it on a daily basis, and I felt it is a must-have on our computers and mobile devices nowadays.

Cons

Nothing negative to comment for cons. The only minor hiccup is that the software can crash itself sometimes, and it would stop working. In that case, I usually close it and restart the software again.

Daniel from Live Nation Entertainment

A Software That Prevents Spam, Viruses and Fraudulent Attacks

Pros

I have been using MailWasher Pro for some time now, and I must say that this software has saved me from viruses, scams and fraudulent attacks. The software is pretty straightforward when it comes to its features which is to distinguish legitimate email from spam. There are other software out there who claim to do the same, but dont provide the same accuracy as MailWasher Pro does. I also like that I can easily send a quick reply using the preview window. I think this is pretty sleek and smart for people who are always on the go like me.

Cons

I dont have any complaints about this software except for the price. It would have been more attractive if they were to lower the monthly fee, but other than that, everything works perfectly.

Tracey from Builderscrack.co.nz

Easy as to get started, knows what to do right away - no trouble and bother

Pros

Everything. Pretty much its a set and forget process. Get going and then you can let it run and forget about it (within reason). I have had workmates and associates swear by this product by 15+ years and although the odd piece of mail may be flagged incorrectly, thats a rarity and something that would happen if you had a human previewing every piece of software.

Cons

Some of the initial learning can be a drag but I have learned that some software programs that take a bit of set up often tend to be the best ones I use as they are now tailored to how I like to work.

Jhampiert from Instituto Universitario de Gerencia y Tecnologa (IUGT)

Used to manage my mailbox and filter spam emails

There is nothing worse than having spam messages in your mail tray, so with MailWasher I can control all my items and I can eliminate those that do not work for me. It is very easy to use and very fast.

Pros

It allows me to manage all my email accounts in one place and allows you to filter them to only see what I want in my inbox. With MailWasher I can preview all my emails before they reach my PC or mobile device, which allows me to read all my emails safely.

Tom from My Home Photographer

Full-featured spam filtering that works, and is a pleasure to use.

Excellent Spam control and full-featured tools for custom filtering and action.

Pros

' Uses Recycle Bin methodology - provides a "restore" function in case good mail was caught in a spam rule. ' User-customized rules - right-click on an email or group of emails and instantly set them as a "good user", "good domain", or blacklist the user or domain. ' regular expression support - understands rules like "(bill|sue).com", etc. ' supports both POP3 and IMAP accounts ' well designed - easy to set up multiple accounts ' multi-user version available ' Lifetime licensing available ' Excellent technical support

Fast way to compact spam

Spam prevention

Sandy from Occupational Medicine

An excellent and easy way to sort the wheat from the chaff!

Pros

I have been using MailWasher Pro for well over 10 years and it is invaluable to me. It is simple to use, reliable, and intelligently sorts the spam from the real email. I am able to label senders as friends or put them on a blacklist. I am also able to label domains as blacklisted. Another great feature of it is that one can leave emails on the server and access them from several different computers, only deleting them when all the emails have been downloaded to whichever computers you require them to be on. One can even do a quick reply or click on HTML links from within the MailWasher preview window for a quick task without having to download the email. Another feature I enjoy is that a quick click will show the complete email source including all headers that can be selected and copied to report to organizations like SpamCop, without having to download the risky email. Updates by Firetrust are frequent enough to keep up with current technology, and the company does not bother the user with frequent cosmetic updates. On the rare occasion that I have required technical support, Firetrust has been quick to respond, thorough, and has always quickly solved any problem I have encountered.

Ernic Jose from SIDOR

excellent software very easy to use and practice

Pros

Cons

I really do not find any disadvantage to this software allowed me to save time and especially very practical to use when it comes to filter unwanted emails

Was an absolute breeze to set up, and, before I knew it no more spam!

A much cleaner inbox that now saves me time deleting mail I don't need! Lots of seconds add up easily :-)

Pros

Really simple to use, everything color coded so makes glimpsing at everything quick and easy. Far less spam now so can't complain. The fact my mail client doesn't even download them as it's all taken care of first is a big tick for me.

Cons

Occasionally it does let spam through, and, it occasionally marks things as spam which aren't, but, I guess I can't expect a perfect solution every time? Oh, and the price, however, I'm glad I bought it.

David from University of Scranton

A great price for an easy to use product.

Pros

You don't even know its working. But isn't that the point? I have it handling all my spam and I don't even know I receive it.

David from Self-employed

Great Spam Washer for your Inbox

I used it for a year and found it helpful, but I was unable to afford extension past that one time.

Pros

Being able to see what your e-mail contains before you actually download/open it in your default e-mail client. You have important mail messages, and you do not want them lost in the spam scourge, and Mail Washer will prevent this from happening.

Cons

It requires payment and is not available as an extension for your other default e-mail client. Also having a subscription basis rather than a one-time payment is less desirable.

Sarah from Datalink Solutions

Industry: Computer Hardware

Simple to use and does the job

As already mentioned

Pros

I like the way it's easy to use - and it learns as you use it. It saves me time - that's the main benefit.

Cons

I don't like the cost of the pro version. Nothing else I don't like - so have no more to write about it.

Grace from Education management

super strong filterer

Pros

cleaned out my inbox so nicely, getting rid of all unwanted and potentially harmful email easy to setup

Cons

pretty limited features on the free trial if thats what you're looking for, and price is high but well worth it

Kenneth from Saxe & Associates, Inc.

Does what it says

Pros

MailWasher was one of the several anti-SPAM filters we evaluated. MailWasher was easy to set and did an excellent job of removing a majority of the SPAM.

Cons

Really nothing to say as a CON. Setup was straightforward and simple. Others have commented there is no discount for NFP organizations.

Stephanie from YWCA

Cleans It Up

Easy way to get the junk out.

Pros

This software is AMAZING for getting rid of the inevitable junk that seems to somehow filters it's way to your inbox. Our email system has been hacked a few times and so the junk that got through became annoying, we started using this as well as upping our security and this seems to be doing the trick.

Cons

There is nothing that I like least about this software.