• Pros

• "The implementation was seamless and very easy. The configuration ,control and management is almost bulletproof and easy to manage. Great value for money."

• "This is just nice for our small business set up and my family members too for computer protection. It is easy to set up, discontinue when replace the new laptop, etc"

• "The product is very good, we use it since 2010 and we did not notice a single problem. On the client PCs its user interface is very minimal and not distracting."

• Cons

• "It does not have the best UI, but if you are a tech savvy it will be understandable."

• "There isn't anything that I would say is a con to the product. For us the price is hefty but compared to the cost of a virus attack it balances out. "

• "had some false positives and i had to manually pick them out and send them to the approved lists since the exclusion rules didn't work. Quite good"

Browse Trend Micro Smart Protection Complete Suite Reviews

Joanne from Joanne Wadsworth

Software to protect your computers and any other electronic device that connects to the internet.

This software has adequately protected my home and business computers, phones, and other electronic devices that connect to the internet.

Pros

Cons

A bigger discount for those who renew the software automatically each year.

Sebnem from Vakifbank

Advanced “Deep Security”

We protect and secure our all physical, virtual and cloud systems against virus, malware, spam etc. with Trend Micro Deep Security. Also ease of use is the best feature.

Pros

We implemented and integrated Deep Security easily. Our administrators like the ease of use. The product compatible with all server types, so we don’t need to separate licensing models. Other Trend Micro products are easy to use with central management. Trend Micro Deep Security provides real-time, high-performance scanning, so we can be protected against attacks instantly and also scanning is fast.

Cons

There is no major disadvantage of this product. May be we can say that reporting module can be improved. Also price of product is higher than other products.

Reasons for Choosing Trend Micro Smart Protection Complete Suite

We compare all the products with small PoC. We chose Trend Micro because it has a lot of best features than others.

Good thinking Less Functionality

It is one Of first products in starting Apt base attack protection.

Pros

Security architecture is good for protection it cover all signature protection at multiple appliance and easy of flexiable and multiple Security options like antivirus,ips,behavioral analyze , URL filter also etc.

Cons

Some custom configuration is more difficult and is not .

Reasons for Choosing Trend Micro Smart Protection Complete Suite

In the last years it cover and Innovative Technology in this league. And some feature are very strong

Tammy from Medical Management Consulting

Trend Micro not software friendly with other programs

This program functions fine for the home user that isn't running business software that it could possibly be incompatible with. I didn't have any problem with the software on a laptop that didn't have my billing software on it.

Pros

This software is easy to install across multiple devices and easy to use. The renewal process is easy and quick. Visually, it's easy to find what you want to do.

Cons

This program seemed to be interfering with my medical billing software and causing it to freeze up at very inconvenient times. After researching this among other users of the medical billing software I found that others experienced the same issues with it causing the billing software to freeze up. I had to uninstall this software because of it's interference with the billing software.

Amanda from Endecom Business I.T. Solutions

It did it's job

Pros

I don't have a whole lot to say about it but that it did it's job.

Cons

My biggest complaint was the installation seemed to be a bit long. Other software seems to install quicker which is important at a client with 200+ computers.

Reasons for Choosing Trend Micro Smart Protection Complete Suite

The client chose Trend but has since changed to a different product. I believe Trend was in place for over two years.

Great product, designed to be easy to use

It has helped cut down on the spam that I would normally get in my email. I dont have as much issues as I did with other products that slowed down my computer in the past. I look forward to more products that TrendMicro will be developing in the futuer and trying them out.

Pros

Easy to install and set up. Has provided the protection that it is supposed to. I have only had one issue with the software in the 2 years of using it and that was when I was setting it up initially. Their team at the support number was there for me and walked me through making sure that the software was working properly. Been using it ever since almost 2 1/2 years. Glad to have found this product and been able to make it a part of the protection I use on a regular basis. I would recommend to colleagues to use as part of their Anti-Spam/Virus protection.

Cons

Hard to find any thing that I didn't like about this software. It has provided all the protection that I have needed along with the other products that I use. Over all its a great product

Next Generation deep security solution

It provides layers of defence covering virtual and cloud environments. Good and stable solution. Deep security can cater small, medium and large scale enterprises with its centrally managed simple and easily manageable console. Administrative workload is less once deployed properly. Simple dashboards make it easy to monitor the network and it provides total visibility over the network. Less cpu and memory consumption makes computers less stressed during real time and on demand scan.

Pros

Antivirus is stable and has a better alerting mechanism. Dashboards are simple. Virtual patching is an advanced option which cannot be seen in most solutions. It can apply security controls automatically to protect from zero day vulnerabilities. Less cpu and memory consumption.

Cons

Not satisfied with the support level they are providing. Also antivirus signatures are poor and didn’t detect most of the malwares. Dashboards are not comprehensive and need to improve. Reports also have very limited options and need to improve reporting.

Jammer A. from Avenida Studio

You could not expect less from this long-standing company, personally recommended

I no longer fear being attacked by a lot of spam

Pros

This application has many Pros, but the most important thing is that it keeps annoying unwanted emails at bay, I really like its ease of installation, its friendly interface. I have been using products from this company for years and they are synonymous with quality.

Cons

I think the updates are not as frequent as they are with other products of this same brand. but it is something that can be solved without major problem. It really is difficult to get negative aspects to this useful tool

AV Scan with easy to use console

Pros

Console can control all AV endpoint for easy administration. Installation can be done at image level hence no visiting of user for installation is required

Cons

long installation process. it will scan before it install software hence sometime the installation can take up to 15 mins.

Aubrey from appsFreedom

Used Trend Micro smart and total protection for Email protection and unwanted emails

Block unwanted email. Reputation management

Pros

Superior protection for virus protection for incoming and outgoing email. Trend micro is known for the unbeatable protection from unwanted emails. These emails are blocked using trend micro email reputation database

Cons

This was a little complicated as far as putting down our company compliance and basic business and email processes. Ifr your computer savvy then it will be easy but if not find someone who isw help with the process. Every department has different processes..

Darshana from TechCERT

Maximum Protection

A solid security foundation across the network for complete end-user protection. Excellent platform support is available for the present network configuration.

Pros

High-fidelity machine learning helps provide the broadest protection against ransomware and other advanced attacks.

Cons

Performance issues on endpoints were detected upon agent installation.

Yendi from PF Concepts, Inc.

A perfect value for PC protection

This antivirus is great for small companies, it does the job.

Pros

What I like the most of this anti virus is that it runs automatically at startup and periodically to find any threats, if something is found it will automatically get rid of the malicious file and deliver you a report. It performs great for smaller companies, easy to manage from one management console. Overall, Trend micro gives you a lot of opportunity like folder shield, password manager, vault.

Cons

I guess that the downside of this antivirus, is that it does not come with too many features, malware, anti spam and antivirus. I usually have problem with Trend Micro whenever installing a new program, it lags and slows down my PC, then it makes you authorize the installation with several pop ups.

James from Real Wisconsin Website Design

Trend Micro Enterprise Security Suite: ENTERPRISE FRIENDLY!

We really enjoyed working with their Beta Team in the development process and as such found that we could really dig deep in to this product. That gave us a much better understanding and now many of the posts we see people asking questions on the support server appear to us a problems that stem from not reading the manual! What can I say? 8-)

Pros

Full Disclosure, I was a Beta Tester for Trend Micro but did not receive any compensation. So we really dug into this Software and can say without any hesitation that it's one of the finest choices for an Enterprise Solution you will ever find!

Cons

Not as intuitive as one would hope but their Tech Support is Tops and they do get back to you in a reasonable amount of time. Once you get past the one or two hurdles that come up when implementing an Enterprise Solution you will find it your Go-To Choice!

Andrea from Cerved Group spa

Good

Pros

Cons

It is a LAN-only product. Disconnected PCs do not get any signature updates. Scheduled full-PC scans are long and cause the system to slowdown even for hours, but they aren't mandatory and it's up to the sysadmin to plan the schedule. I don't know of any rival product with the same security levels and a better behavior.

Abraham from Rishavena Home Health Care

Top of the line protection

Pros

Trend Micro is a cut above its competitors in terms of overall security quality, user friendliness, and customer service. The suite we purchased for the company was used on all 8 computers and was a constant source of relief for administrators. Trend Micro offers a range of top of the line cyber security packages and we found that Enterprise Security Suite worked best for us.

Cons

This software is a bit pricier than its competitors, though it offers comparable protection. The primary upgrade for the price tag is the user interface, which is definitely a breath of fresh air.

Bruce from CCC

Good AV tool with some bonuses

It was good and can not really complain about it all as it did its job.

Pros

It was a low profile and very good av tool. Never had a problem installing or deploying it to users. The active scanning did not add much overhead to the system. Had a bonus MDM solution included.

Cons

The management system had a dated interface and very few software updates other than virus definitions.

Mylene from I.T Experts Philippines

Specialized in eliminating security gaps on network.

Pros

Trend Micro Enterprise security suite protect your network from malicious, unauthorized and harmful attacks. The suite has endpoint security, mac support, mobile and control for management. It easy use for administrator, just install the platform and configure the policy and the system will do the rest protecting your investment.

Cons

Trend Micro security has different type of suite, make sure to choose proper package for your company complete protection requirement.

Sherry from Treasure Coast Community Health

A Virus Protection that truly works

Their support is excellent especially when we are looking to them for guidance.

Pros

We had a different virus protection and changed to Trend Micro in 2016. It was the best move we could have made. The software has kept us virus clean as we've had multiple virus attempts that the software has stopped from infiltrating our system.

Faye from Gift of Freedom

Trend Micro review

Pros

I use Trend Micro for my home based online business computer protection. It is efficient and works away in the background always checking. Very happy with this product.

Cons

Im actually not disappointed with anything about this product so far. Had it for several years. Very happy.

Ruben from Cheetah Digital

TrendMicro makes it very easy to protect all my devices from virus' and malware!

Pros

TrendMicro is a light-weight, fast AV that does a great job of protecting my devices from harmful websites and files. It's been a part of my arsenal for years.

Cons

I really don't have any cons to share. TrendMicro works great and doesn't bog down my computer like other AV software titles.

Complete protection that takes care of everything for us

Pros

It can accurately detect, prevent or remove any spam, malware or virus to ensure that our physical, virtual, and cloud systems are well-protected and secure at all times. It scans every hard disc and usb drive and sends you a report every month. Many outbreaks and problems have been averted because of this software, so it gives us a huge relief to have it. It’s so easy to use that our system administrator just had to set it and forget it and it took care of the rest. Update rollouts and monitoring can be done in a single dashboard, so it’s very convenient.

Cons

Full-system scans can take a considerable amount of time and can slow down the machine a lot. However, it is optional and the administrator can just schedule it when the systems are not in use.

Computer Security

Pros

Been using Trend micro for 10 plus years. Has come a long way in keeping the user updated about security measures being taken to keep your data and files safe and secure.

Cons

Not much negative to say about something protecting your software and hardware from malware

Oliver from EDAG Engineering

Easy enterprise AV management

Worth using as is easy to configure overall and deployment into a larger marketplace

Pros

Easy deployment to our international locations managing thousands on clients. Very agile and user friendly, easy policy configuration and adaptable to business needs.

Cons

Policy management can be misleading, does need time spent to test and configure initially before wide scale deployment.

Good security

Pros

Trend micro is one of the best security software I've ever used. it is both secure and protects computers from running.

Cons

I did not have a bad experience about the application.

Great product to catch most viruses

Pros

Implementation and management is easy. There's very little needed to do to keep it running.

Cons

The hardest part is setting up control manager as the CM has a terrible GUI.

Sarah from Verisk

Industry: Information Services

Excellent protection platform

As far as I am concerned with this product I would always encourage it team because of providing me a great opportunity to secure my platform. I really like the way in which it integrates with different useful applications that I use on daily basis.

Pros

I chose this program because it provides advanced level services for protecting our systems. Anti-hacking ability of this product is wonderful, so nobody can hack my system that is a huge help for me. So, it’s a good intuitive for all in terms of having a secure environment in their workplace.

Cons

It does nothing bad even this product doesn’t allow me to download any virus containing website or application into my system because it always notifies me before any downloading procedures.

Security solution for ESX environment

Pros

everything control at console end. no end user involvement required

Cons

poor help desk support. can take a few days to respond for a simple issue.

Horacio from Lead Machine AI

A really complete protection suite from a reputable brand.

Antivirus software with a very advance spam/trash blocking feature.

Pros

Featured packet for the price, especially its very effective spam mail blocker. It can be great for small to medium business due to it easy deployment.

Nicole from J Global

Industry: Sporting Goods

Review of Trend Micro

Pros

Cons

I have nothing to disappointed with this software, very happy with it if compare with other tools I tried before.

Alexandre from CHU de Québec

Trend Micro Review

Pros

Fast, Easy to use, a lot of options for searching. reliable.

Cons

can't detect OfficeScan for Desktop in a seperated view.

Aykan from Datamarket

Virtual Machine Security

Pros

virtual patching HIPS very good properties and excellent experience.

Cons

no more least about this software, all is well.

The implementation was seamless and very easy cut down the spam mail more then a half.

easy implementation and great filter for the spam we had received. As a pre-exchange mail server process to block the massive spam messages it does a great job.

Mike from Premier Medical Equipment, LLC

Trend Micro Utilization

It is a great product and would recommend anyone to use it. It works perfectly for my business at this level.

Pros

It runs seamlessly in the background. It also provides notifications when there is a malicious attachment to an email or website. It will remove it before it affects your computer. I dont have to do anything other than set it up originally then I forget about it.

Cons

There is nothing that I dont like about this software!!!

Chris from Hansen Insurance

Overly Protective

Not bad protection for the money.

Pros

The software certainly made you feel protected from anything that might be acquired through the internet.

Cons

This software would flag/block a lot of the websites I would use regularly which made doing business sometimes a hassle.

romay zuleima from Universidad de Oriente. Nueva Esparta

excellent to avoid "mailware"!!!

excellent software for protection

Pros

In my task as researcher I investigate through Internet and check my mails in search of information and the software has been usefulness to protect my equipment from pages or mails that harm my computer. The protection technics are excellent

Cons

In opportunities I have indicated pages and mails that are reliable nevertheless it has marked them like spam

Carly from 3rd Group Properties

Good Quality, Competitive Price

Pros

Offers good protection against malware and phishing. Also significantly cut down on the amount of spam that I received.

Joshua from Hi-Tech Repair & Consulting

Great software

Pros

This software definitely protects your computer from so many things and is easy to deploy and set up across the network.

Cons

If pricing was a little better we would of stayed with this product

Becky from MD Engineering

Trend Micro Review

We have this software on our office computers to protect against viruses and malware.

Pros

This software gives us the assurance that we are being protected against viruses/malware.

Cons

Not really a problem of the software, but I forget that it's there and I really should be checking it every now and then just to make sure it isn't finding things so I can alert our IT person.

Orlando from Universidad de Oriente. Venezuela

It protects and keeps my PC and mobile device free of virus spyware, malware and Trojans

Pros

It protects my devices from emerging threats such as viruses, spyware, malware and toyanos; Stops viruses or malware, Trojans, worms and new variants that puts my PC at risk. It offers protection while surfing the web

Cons

By inserting a usb removable memory or an SD does not detect the virus if it has it until you proceed to scan the device

Ty from Premier Learning Solutions

Flawless protection for the right price

Pros

Nothing questionable gets through, ever! Hands down, Trend is easily the best at keeping our system safe. I never have to worry about people clicking malicious links, because the messages that contain them are nonexistent.

Cons

Everything has been smooth sailing. What's not to like about software that minimizes risk so well?

Adonis from Fujitsu Telecom Systems Philippines Inc.

Very powerful security suite

Pros

Trend Micro Security Suite empowers our employee to work safely, sharing data and application on any devices in any location. The agent is also remarkable, it does it job without using much resources on our workstations.

Cons

There are a lot of features of these suite. Make sure to explore to fully maximize the system.

Jonathan from NovaSom, Inc.

Trend Micro Smart Protection Complete Suite

I found the software to do everything an AV software should, along with the ability to remotely monitor and configur agents.

Pros

Cloud based AV software that works better than what im currently running. Quick speedy installation, small lightweight package that allows constant monitoring.

Cons

The config was a little tricky but was able to pull it off with some tech support. Once up and running, it was easy to maintance and update.

Jessie from Lakeside Church

Great For Business

Pros

This product worked great for multiple businesses that I have used it with. I have had very few issues with the product and its effectiveness.

Cons

It is a large program and sometimes takes a while for updates to download.

Catherine from POSSIBLE

Excellent deep security solution

It is an excellent product that provides user friendly services. I like the way it works and keep secure our company.

Pros

Trend Micro Deep Security is a valuable application to ensure server condition in this logical universe of innovation helps the organization's systems and devices from un-expected malware and spyware.

Cons

The customer support system of this application is a little bit weaker and response level is not that much good enough to solve my issues.

April 2015

Ric from Ultimate Software

April 2015

Trend Micro Enterprise is a complete security suite.

Pros

The centralized policy management offers enterprise wide protection across gateways, mail servers, file servers, and endpoints. The software is easy to install and deploy in a mixed platform environment.

Cons

It lacks some of the advanced configuration and VPN security that I would have liked to have had. The Firewall protection was very basic.

Marlin from Frontera Produce

Industry: Food Production

Just difficult to use

When I used the software, it made me worry that it was letting problems in and not letting me know since the software not only never detected problems even on a heavily infected machine but also slowed down any machines that it was installed on.

Pros

There wasn't really anything to like about the software other than it let you lock it so that the user was not able to remove it without your consent

Cons

It never did what it was suppose to and never found or prevented viruses

Aaron from Waupaca Christian Academy

Great Security Software

Trend Micro is trusted to keep our computers safe in a dangerous online world. Each computer has Trend Micro on it and we feel very comfortable with it.

Pros

Trend Micro was very easy to install. The staff was very supportive as was the help found on the website. I will definitely keep using Trend Micro.

Cons

The only con that I had was that the packaging was a little confusing. I purchased the software from a retail store and found the packaging to be difficult. Not bad though!

Reasons for Choosing Trend Micro Smart Protection Complete Suite

Trend Micro was very recommended and I have not been disappointed.

Hemant from parabolic pictures

Protection for Mac

Pros

A very well known brand name, trustworthy in its lists of spam/viruses. Updates to new virus lists often. Not that expensive

Cons

Makes mac a little clunky after install. Slows it down sometimes

ANIL from Cast Software India PVT LTD

Protect your software with apex

Automatic scanning really helps me a lot, easy to find, and virus in newly plugged drives and scan website too.

Pros

Easy to scan the overall system and applications. easy to keep track of the system by seeing logs. automatic scanning option

Cons

Nothing as of now, It has been a really a good experience in using Trend Micro Deep Security to secure my system.

Protection for VMware

Pros

We use Trend Micro Deep Security in our data center to protect virtual environments. The Trend Micro solution integrated very well into our environment. The system is very efficient.

Cons

Trend Micro Deep Security is very difficult to use even for experienced IT engineers. The documentation needs improvement.