• icon"Very easy to use and intuitive. Great for visual data modeling."
  • icon"Its free version is enough to build a full data dictionary. Easy to use and user-friendly."
  • icon"I like its easy and functional design to grow entities with different engines."
  • icon"Support from the company on how to do things is very poor."
  • icon"The installation / license / purchase process is a bit weird."
  • icon"My first models were very difficult to read because I couldn't find this feature."

All ERBuilder Reviews

Rob

Great Tool for the Money

Pros

For me this product is much easier to use and has a lot of feature than other products costing twice as much. We are not a large company to cost is important.

Cons

Although I work with ERBuilder almost everyday, I have not rally found any cons that would make me second guess my purchase.

Reasons for switching to ERBuilder

Tired of using multiple tools for the same purpose.

Response from SoftBuilder

Rob, thank you for the great review! We're so happy you loved your experience with ERBuilder. Don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything.

Replied June 2021

Saad

Great Tool for design and Reverse Engineering

In new projects, it helped being as a staring point of application design. In existing projects it helped to provide reverse engineering functionality to analyse the existing.

Pros

Sandbox, Reverse Engineering and Visible scripting.

Cons

None of the features in the Professional version has limits compared to my use cases.

Response from SoftBuilder

Saad, thank you for the great review! We're so happy you loved your experience with ERBuilder.

Replied October 2021

December 2021

Support for using generated CRUD screens is very poor

I was excited about the potential of generating CRUD screens for simple tables. The tool does generate HTML screens but they are not usable. They do not provide any direction on how to connect to the database, except that "you must do it manually"

Pros

reverse engineering of schema to create ER diagram worked well. However, that is not the feature I was interested in when purchasing.

Cons

There should be a user support forum where users can help each other, but I have not found anything like that. Support from the company on how to do things is very poor.

Reasons for choosing ERBuilder

I am only in the evaluation stage, but we will not be using the product due to the lack of support. Since I have a one year enterprise license, I will keep looking at the problem now and then. Especially if ERBUILDER notices this review and addresses my support question

Response from SoftBuilder

First, let me thank you for your review. As explained before by our support team, our tool does not allow you to generate an entire web application (backend and frontend). With ERBuilder you can generate only CRUD UI as mentioned on our website. It generates only the front-end source code. It does not generate backend source code. You have to develop the backend yourself outside our tool. Our support team answered to your different emails on time. We are very disappointed by reading your negative review. We don't understand why you're rating us on a feature our software doesn't offer (and no other competitive data modeling tool does).

Replied January 2022

Gary

September 2022

Very inexpensive tool with great capabilities

Pros

Very easy to use and intuitive. Great for visual data modeling.

Cons

No issues. Easy to install and use. Not sure how to improve.

Saad

ER Builder Review

Pros

Its free version is enough to build a full data dictionary. Easy to use and user-friendly. A useful tool for students, Analysts, product designers even for developers for fast DADI building. The 'Inserts' functionality is an added value.

Cons

Graphically shows flew visibility on screen.

Reasons for choosing ERBuilder

Support, graphical user interface easiness, and the vision of new enhancements.

Alex

Industry: Information Services

Good Tool For the Job

ER Builder solved the requirement of needing to build ERDs without having to purchase overpriced and overpowered tools like Visio and Erwin. I don't need most of the features of either of those software packages and just needed an effective way to develop ERDs for internal communication and database development. This tool fits the bill.

Pros

Database create scripts are done automatically for both creation and changes Clean interface for describing table relationships Easily reverse engineers an existing databases Multiple different popular database languages to create/change in

Cons

The "auto-link" feature on the key relationships was not intuitive to turn on in my opinion, and I would have expected it out of the box to be turned on. My first models were very difficult to read because I couldn't find this feature. Finally talked to support and after a bit of back and forth they understood what I was asking for. I wish I could build FK relationships easily from within the table creation dialogue box

Response from SoftBuilder

Thanks for the awesome review, Alex! We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. In response to your first con about the "Auto-link" feature, we will add it to the ERBuilder roadmap for the next releases. On the other hand, about building FK relationships from the table creation dialogue box, we will send you a direct message so we can talk more about it. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our product!

Replied June 2021

Ailton

Industry: Import and Export

Include export and import data from one database to another

Very easy to learn how to use the tool, I managed to normalize a database that was totally non-standardized, but I didn't notice that the tool did not have the possibility of exporting and import data. Now I have to look for another tool. And reverse engineering can only be done once on the project.

Pros

Excellent reverse engineering. Create very good automatic documentation.

Cons

You do not have to export data and import data, it would be ideal for those who are going to normalize a database to have this option.

Response from SoftBuilder

Thank you for your review. For ERBuilder Data modeler, we are focusing our work on features related to data modeling. The import and export of data will be part of another product which is under study.

Replied October 2020

Elvio

Ă“timo software

Pros

O uso simples, facil e objetivo (recursos usuais)

Cons

Poucas teclas de atalho e possibilidade de fechar as abas dos diagramas

Reasons for choosing ERBuilder

Tem os recursos que minha empresa precisa no desenvolvimento, com uma interface simples

Response from SoftBuilder

Thank you for your review. We will add your propositions to ERBuilder roadmap for next releases.

Replied July 2020

Kees

ER builder

ER builder is a good program since it does exactly what it's supposed to do. In the near future we're going to change our database platform and I guess that ER uilder will be a great help.

Pros

After Visio modeler stopped the generating of DDL we needed a replacement. ER builder builds a ddl file of the model.

Cons

With a big size database the time to load the model is long. Since changing the databasemodel is not a daily job this isn't a big issue.

Reasons for switching to ERBuilder

Visio doesn't generate DDl's anymore

Response from SoftBuilder

Hi Kees, Thank you for your review. We really appreciate that you took the time to share your experience with us. In response to your con on the long load time of large data models, let me inform you that our development team is optimizing and improving the performance of ERBuilder with each new release. Please always use the latest version of ERBuilder.

Replied October 2021

Initial perception

Pros

It's easy to design schemas and manage versions. It can work with multiple databases Two remarkable features are "Reverse Enginer" and "Generate Model Documentation" The relation between features and price

Cons

Don't support connection over SSH, you must create the tunneling yourself, externally from this software When the Store Procedure is too long (more than 121 lines) is represented in split sections

Reasons for choosing ERBuilder

The relation between features and price, and it can work with differents databases

Response from SoftBuilder

Thank you so much for your kind words, David. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. In response to your Cons, we will add it to ERBuilder roadmap for next releases.

Replied February 2020

Olivier

Industry: Broadcast Media

July 2022

ERBuilder to build database

Pros

the simplicity to build a database model

Cons

No real difficulties, I install it and work with it as I like

Response from SoftBuilder

Hi Olivier, Thank you very much for your feedback! We are really glad you enjoyed your experience with ERBuilder.

Replied August 2022

Amita

AP Review

Still learning how to use it. It is not very user friendly and I don't see any materials/tutorials on how to use it. A few example to touch upon the key features of the product would make it easier to learn so I can actually get to use the product as intended.. Sorry for my low rating, but once I use the product more and have a deeper knowledge, I'm sure I will have very positive reviews

Pros

It looks really good from the description

Cons

No tutorials or guides available for help

Response from SoftBuilder

Hi Amita, Thank you for your review. I remind you that you have with your purchased license a one-year support and maintenance. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have issues, questions or concerns. We will be very happy to help you. You can find below some useful links that can help you understand better ERBuilder: https://soft-builder.com/tutorials/ https://soft-builder.com/en/documentation/index.html On these links you can find video tutorials that you can follow to have a quick handling of the tool. In addition to these links you have the help integrated on ERBuilder. I want to clarify that we gave great importance to make ERBuilder easy to use and ergonomic. We have taken advantage of multiple feedback and comments from our customers to improve our tool. If you think that ERBuilder is not user friendly and there are points of improvement, do not hesitate to let us know, we will be happy to improve our tool according to your comments.

Replied June 2020

Gabriel

Excellent Product, but with a boring cons

Pros

Easy database generation; database integration

Cons

- Change database DDL does not work very well

Response from SoftBuilder

Gabriel, thank you for the great review. We will send you a direct message so we can talk more about the "Change database DDL" issue. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our product!

Replied July 2020

Julio Cesar

Modeling review

I needed to do data modeling quickly. I looked for and found expensive tools for my project and with a poor user interface. This tool helped me optimize my work

Pros

I like its easy and functional design to grow entities with different engines

Cons

I like its easy and functional design to grow entities with different engines

Price

Response from SoftBuilder

Thank you so much for your kind words, Julio. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us

Replied August 2021

Stephen

Industry: Food Production

Great Entity Relationship building tool for a development team

Pros

The tool was just simple to use. I liked how similar to Visio it was which i was used to

Cons

the UI with the relationship lines was a little buggy. I would organize the lines and change tabs and they would all move on me.

Cost / availability

Response from SoftBuilder

Thanks for the great review. We have released a new version of ERBuilder that corrects the relationships issue.

Replied January 2021