Browse ERBuilder Reviews

Rob from Little Bits Software

Great Tool for the Money

Pros

For me this product is much easier to use and has a lot of feature than other products costing twice as much. We are not a large company to cost is important.

Cons

Although I work with ERBuilder almost everyday, I have not rally found any cons that would make me second guess my purchase.

Reasons for Switching to ERBuilder

Tired of using multiple tools for the same purpose.

Response from SoftBuilder

Replied June 2021

Rob, thank you for the great review! We're so happy you loved your experience with ERBuilder. Don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything.

Saad from eMcREY

Great Tool for design and Reverse Engineering

In new projects, it helped being as a staring point of application design. In existing projects it helped to provide reverse engineering functionality to analyse the existing.

Pros

Sandbox, Reverse Engineering and Visible scripting.

Cons

None of the features in the Professional version has limits compared to my use cases.

Amita from Cforia Software Inc.

AP Review

Still learning how to use it. It is not very user friendly and I don't see any materials/tutorials on how to use it. A few example to touch upon the key features of the product would make it easier to learn so I can actually get to use the product as intended.. Sorry for my low rating, but once I use the product more and have a deeper knowledge, I'm sure I will have very positive reviews

Pros

It looks really good from the description

Cons

No tutorials or guides available for help

Response from SoftBuilder

Replied June 2020

Hi Amita, Thank you for your review. I remind you that you have with your purchased license a one-year support and maintenance. Do not hesitate to contact us if you have issues, questions or concerns. We will be very happy to help you. You can find below some useful links that can help you understand better ERBuilder: https://soft-builder.com/tutorials/ https://soft-builder.com/en/documentation/index.html On these links you can find video tutorials that you can follow to have a quick handling of the tool. In addition to these links you have the help integrated on ERBuilder. I want to clarify that we gave great importance to make ERBuilder easy to use and ergonomic. We have taken advantage of multiple feedback and comments from our customers to improve our tool. If you think that ERBuilder is not user friendly and there are points of improvement, do not hesitate to let us know, we will be happy to improve our tool according to your comments.

Saad from eMcREY

ER Builder Review

Pros

Its free version is enough to build a full data dictionary. Easy to use and user-friendly. A useful tool for students, Analysts, product designers even for developers for fast DADI building. The 'Inserts' functionality is an added value.

Cons

Graphically shows flew visibility on screen.

Reasons for Choosing ERBuilder

Support, graphical user interface easiness, and the vision of new enhancements.

Ailton from WTC Group

Industry: Import and Export

Include export and import data from one database to another

Very easy to learn how to use the tool, I managed to normalize a database that was totally non-standardized, but I didn't notice that the tool did not have the possibility of exporting and import data. Now I have to look for another tool. And reverse engineering can only be done once on the project.

Pros

Excellent reverse engineering. Create very good automatic documentation.

Cons

You do not have to export data and import data, it would be ideal for those who are going to normalize a database to have this option.

Response from SoftBuilder

Replied October 2020

Thank you for your review. For ERBuilder Data modeler, we are focusing our work on features related to data modeling. The import and export of data will be part of another product which is under study.

Alex from Bluegrass Data Analytics

Industry: Information Services

Good Tool For the Job

ER Builder solved the requirement of needing to build ERDs without having to purchase overpriced and overpowered tools like Visio and Erwin. I don't need most of the features of either of those software packages and just needed an effective way to develop ERDs for internal communication and database development. This tool fits the bill.

Pros

Database create scripts are done automatically for both creation and changes Clean interface for describing table relationships Easily reverse engineers an existing databases Multiple different popular database languages to create/change in

Cons

The "auto-link" feature on the key relationships was not intuitive to turn on in my opinion, and I would have expected it out of the box to be turned on. My first models were very difficult to read because I couldn't find this feature. Finally talked to support and after a bit of back and forth they understood what I was asking for. I wish I could build FK relationships easily from within the table creation dialogue box

Response from SoftBuilder

Replied June 2021

Thanks for the awesome review, Alex! We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. In response to your first con about the "Auto-link" feature, we will add it to the ERBuilder roadmap for the next releases. On the other hand, about building FK relationships from the table creation dialogue box, we will send you a direct message so we can talk more about it. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our product!

Elvio from ELVIO GAMEIRO AUTOMAÇÃO ELÉTRICA LTDA

Ótimo software

Pros

O uso simples, facil e objetivo (recursos usuais)

Cons

Poucas teclas de atalho e possibilidade de fechar as abas dos diagramas

Reasons for Choosing ERBuilder

Tem os recursos que minha empresa precisa no desenvolvimento, com uma interface simples

Response from SoftBuilder

Replied July 2020

Thank you for your review. We will add your propositions to ERBuilder roadmap for next releases.

David from CISTEC

Initial perception

Pros

It's easy to design schemas and manage versions. It can work with multiple databases Two remarkable features are "Reverse Enginer" and "Generate Model Documentation" The relation between features and price

Cons

Don't support connection over SSH, you must create the tunneling yourself, externally from this software When the Store Procedure is too long (more than 121 lines) is represented in split sections

Reasons for Choosing ERBuilder

The relation between features and price, and it can work with differents databases

Response from SoftBuilder

Replied February 2020

Thank you so much for your kind words, David. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us. In response to your Cons, we will add it to ERBuilder roadmap for next releases.

Julio Cesar from 08162623

Modeling review

I needed to do data modeling quickly. I looked for and found expensive tools for my project and with a poor user interface. This tool helped me optimize my work

Pros

I like its easy and functional design to grow entities with different engines

Cons

I like its easy and functional design to grow entities with different engines

Price

Response from SoftBuilder

Replied August 2021

Thank you so much for your kind words, Julio. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us

Claude from IMPERIAL CARE, LLC

medium satisfaction

it is ok, not particularly impressive

Pros

I like the conversion between databases

Cons

On the Generate DDL script window, I should be able to search and find an individual table, instead of going to the entire list.

Reasons for Choosing ERBuilder

It is user friendly versus comparable software in the market

Response from SoftBuilder

Replied June 2021

Hi Claud, thanks for your valuable comments. In response to your con, you can find the DDL Script for a specific table by opening its details form and going to the script tab.

Gabriel from Rede Educacional Decisão

Excellent Product, but with a boring cons

Pros

Easy database generation; database integration

Cons

- Change database DDL does not work very well

Response from SoftBuilder

Replied July 2020

Gabriel, thank you for the great review. We will send you a direct message so we can talk more about the "Change database DDL" issue. Again, thank you for taking the time to review our product!

Kees from Auxzenze

ER builder

ER builder is a good program since it does exactly what it's supposed to do. In the near future we're going to change our database platform and I guess that ER uilder will be a great help.

Pros

After Visio modeler stopped the generating of DDL we needed a replacement. ER builder builds a ddl file of the model.

Cons

With a big size database the time to load the model is long. Since changing the databasemodel is not a daily job this isn't a big issue.

Reasons for Switching to ERBuilder

Visio doesn't generate DDl's anymore

Stephen from Blount Fine Foods

Industry: Food Production

Great Entity Relationship building tool for a development team

Pros

The tool was just simple to use. I liked how similar to Visio it was which i was used to

Cons

the UI with the relationship lines was a little buggy. I would organize the lines and change tabs and they would all move on me.

Cost / availability

Response from SoftBuilder

Replied January 2021

Thanks for the great review. We have released a new version of ERBuilder that corrects the relationships issue.