All Google Cloud Reviews

Melvin M

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed May 2022

Best Cloud Server Storage Facilities

This is the Fastest Cloud Platform for launching your Database. The integrations are dynamic and Google Cloud Servers will guild your database into success. You can integrate many softwares that help build your business.

PROS

I used Googl Cloud To Launch My backend software (database) for my Business Website and the integration resulted to the most successful profits I've ever seen in my business history. They offer a wide range of Cloud computing and offer about $300 credit for building this system.

CONS

You have to be willing to put in the maximal time and effort to make good business profit. Its hardwork and you have to adapt to the Cloud environment. At the end of the day I'm not complaining I prefer Google Cloud Server when it comes to Cloud Computing , you just have to be ready to work smart and hard.

Reason for choosing Google Cloud

Google Cloud has Cloud Computing features, major difference.

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

Blue Host started becoming too expensive.

Orianne

Telecommunications, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed August 2022

Enhanced AI and K8 features facilitate the development of the latest applications

All data processing can be completed by accessing the cloud platform from a web browser. The ability to work seamlessly with Google Earth Engine. Even if you do not have a high-specification machine at hand, you can perform various data processing you want by operating the cloud from your browser. Because you can directly run analysis algorithms, such as machine learning, linking with various Earth Engine data. By using GKE, we no longer needed to operate our Kubernetes cluster and could now focus on application development. As a result, we were able to concentrate on developing services that could deliver more value, contributing to the speed and quality of application releases.

PROS

I think the Kubernetes cloud service is very easy to use, partly because it is provided by Google, which developed Kubernetes. We also have a full range of AI services, and by combining them with Google AI, we can offer AI services seamlessly, which helps improve the added value of our services.

CONS

The web browser interface is constantly changing. When the system is updated, it also changes the menu display, etc., so it can be a bit confusing. There is no problem with the data processing itself, but sometimes the response at the first stage of access from the browser seems a bit slow.

Reason for choosing Google Cloud

Since it is relatively inexpensive and can be accessed by many people, it has lessened the need to prepare a local environment at a cost. Since a large amount of data can be analyzed using cloud computing resources, it is expensive, but considering time and resources, it seems reasonable.

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

Problems, specific effects, and various functions have been solved, and it has become possible to perform complex analyses in conjunction with Google Earth Engine. It became possible to proceed with the analysis without worrying about the specifications of the machine in question.

Piotr

Information Services, 11-50 employees

Excellent cloud platform

PROS

* Kubernetes support together with their serverless offering (Cloud Run) is first class * Interoperability with other Google services through workload identity is A+

CONS

You need to pay extra for a support - which isn't that great.

Gaurav

Food & Beverages, 5,001-10,000 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed September 2020

Robust clickstream data storage and analysis tool

My overall experience with Google Cloud Platform has been satisfactory. I have been able to work with IT to import marketing campaigns data from multiple sources and store them for querying by analysts in my team. Due to scalability and stability of databases in GCP, I can keep moving more marketing data without worrying about slowing down the databases or crashing them. So, all analytics pulled using this imported data can populate a dashboard and keep it updated with fresh insights. Which helps in driving higher ROI.

PROS

My marketing team uses Google Cloud Platform to collect Google Analytics clickstream data and marry it with structured data from other sources. I analyze that correlated dataset using SQL queries. Some benefits I see off using GCP: I can access data online using a Google email address which I already use for other Google tools. I can export the data extract using Google Sheets and store it in Google Drive. I can import additional data by setting up a daily feed from Google Analytics. So, I get the benefits of a relational database with ability to scale using Google servers.

CONS

Google Cloud Platform is great for importing datasets from Google Analytics and other Google suite tools. But from tools which are not in the Google eco system, it involves heavy lift from ETL developers or architects. Additionally, GCP Bigquery tool has a limit on the volume of queries an analyst can run. Once that limit or cap is crossed, companies have to pay extra. So, using the LIMIT command in SQL becomes critical to limit the numbers of rows. Also, there is a challenge of legacy SQL vs. current version because they use different syntax.

Franco

Program Development, 11-50 employees

Reviewed January 2024

my experience

PROS

rewarding the experience of how simple and fast it is to operate different services

CONS

the price in my opinion is quite enough

Financial Services, 501-1,000 employees

Google Cloud - DR

PROS

easy to use and we rely on google cloud on a daily basis across our sales and marketing teams.

CONS

no cons at this time, we depend on Google cloud and it's helped our business grow. No Cons.

Tami

Automotive, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2024

Cloud Storage

PROS

I like that I can store all my documents in one place

CONS

I don't like that it backs up photos when I try to remove them from the cloud the get deleted from my device

Krystal

Computer & Network Security, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2024

I recommend Google cloud

Mobile experience has been awesome thanks Google

PROS

Very easy and safe to use and a lot of lot of space and a lot of stuff

CONS

Can't really find too much I didn't like about it

eva

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Trustworthy and practical

PROS

Gives me peace of mind to know I have an extra backup of my most important files. Quite a lot of storage on the free plan too.

CONS

That it isn't completely free or doesn't have more free cloud storage, but I wouldn't expect that.

Naleen

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed September 2023

Great Data Analytics platform

PROS

As an administrator and a user I can say that Kubernetes is a revolutionary platform in the world of Data Analytics. And after google outsources it is has become a great toll i.e becoming interoperable between multiple cloud platform.

CONS

We have to use it as a single service and this is not like Azure which comes with O365

Luiza

Non-Profit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2024

Great storage in the cloud, and great for collaborative use.

PROS

Easy to use, easy access, easy to collaborate with teammates. Overalls simple, easy and great.

CONS

I have not found anything I haven’t enjoyed

infant

Media Production, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed May 2022

GCP Review

Overall migration experience is very bad , but new versions made it easier. Other than that GCP monitoring tool is not that much user friendly , the guys with limited knowledge about cloud are suffering to get metrics or monitoring details. For example : to check the GCP Bucket growth , it's not a direct thing to check. We need to query it to get the info.

PROS

Ease of use. I like the most as a admin when compared to other cloud providers the spec can be customizable & the new cpu type N2d which gives better performance with less price. Easy to deploy vm's.

CONS

Oh! The dislike which comes to my mind is the Migration tool. google's M4ce migration engine version 4 is very difficult to setup , such a complex setup. One good relief is M4ce version 5 which supports migration from vmware which setup is so simple & i have migrated workloads easily. But struggled a lot with version 4.

Reason for choosing Google Cloud

Compared to AWS , the price is lesser & have almost all required features & some are exceptional like AI/ML.

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

Obviously cost is the only factor.

Patrick

Design, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Speed Up You're Website!

I do website design and work with a lot of images and videos on customer sites so having a platform i can utilize to my the site more responsive is something my clients love as well as the visitors. lets face it, when you go to a site and it lagging you usually end up leaving and looking somewhere else and your client looses money. Having Google Cloud keeps people connected.

PROS

Website speed is crucial of business as well as personal. With Google cloud you don't have to store those large files, video files and images all on your site which slows it down a lot. You can easily add it to google cloud and just copy and paste the links into your website so the load time of your site is improved up to about 80%.

CONS

Google cloud offers a free version but you are limited to the amount of data and bandwidth and if you need a lot more space and bandwidth you could easy be paying well over $100 a month.

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

It was too expensive and hard to navigate and faces a lot of linking issues with images, videos and links.

Cengiz Barkın

Computer Games, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Google Cloud: An Unforgettable Experience

Overall, my experience with Google Cloud was excellent. The setup process was streamlined and the customer service was top-notch. My data was secure and I was able to manage my cloud environment without any issues.

PROS

Google Cloud provided an intuitive, user-friendly experience that made setting up and managing my cloud environment a breeze. The support team was knowledgeable and always available to help answer questions. The cloud platform was reliable and provided a secure environment for my data.

CONS

Google Cloud is not the most cost-effective option, as there are cheaper alternatives available. There were also some issues with the user interface being a bit clunky at times.

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

Google Cloud offers superior scalability compared to its alternatives. Its platform is also more secure and reliable, providing peace of mind for customers. The user interface is also intuitive and easy to use.

Zuhairah

Internet, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed June 2021

Manage multiple clud storage form one platform

PROS

I'm delighted to use Google Cloud at work to create my documentation most quickly and straightforwardly possible. This process doesn't depend on my Computers operating framework, so I can be assured that this information will be saved and not lost. It's straightforward and accessible to anybody. I believe it is ideal for group planning or business-related tasks. I also love the fact that anybody may make changes to the archive.

CONS

What I dislike the most about this software is that report are regularly lost by accident. Searching for some of my records may be incredibly difficult. It is usually challenging to use initially to persuade others to do so. I believe it took some time for me to become indeed known.

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

Microsoft Azure support team is not very helpful and we had to switch to other solutions.

Nolan

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed September 2019

The Gold Standard of Cloud Platforming

My overall experience with Google and their cloud platform has been, in a very real sense, life-changing.

PROS

Google Cloud has made my job so much easier. As a teacher, I have to store my data, assignments, and everything else digitally. I tried other platforms but they all were clunky, difficult to use, or non-compatible with other services. Google fixed all of that. All of my data is at my fingertips and, as an educator, I will never leave this product.

CONS

Since everything is connected through Google, there is sometimes some overlap in different apps that do similar-but-technically-different functions. It can be a little frustrating to work in one thing and then find that a different app does it much better.

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

Dropbox was not as functional; it had smaller storage and wasn't as compatible as Google.

Jeanette

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1 employee

Reviewed July 2022

Google Cloud is hassle free and easy peasy!

Super easy and hassle free. I don't worry about losing my information and I don't worry about poor security.

PROS

Automatic backup. Secure log-in. I have the paid HIPAA version and enjoy peace of mind knowing my information and my client's information is safe.

CONS

I don't know of any features that are missing or not occurring. The Google Cloud is a great product.

Reason for choosing Google Cloud

I didn't - I actually have both Dropbox and Google Cloud. I have Dropbox Business because I have to do some things in Microsoft and I don't want to have to upload them into the Google Cloud.

Reasons for switching to Google Cloud

My external hard drive did not automatically back up my information. When I got hacked, I lost everything!

Sébastien

Computer Software, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2019

An Idea Solution for Students, Autodidacts and Professionals for Anything Cloud Related

The most direct and consistent way I have been interacting with Google Cloud Platform was when I took the course "Google IT Support Professional Certificate". This course frequently makes use of GCP to explain real-life situations and I learnt a ton thanks to the doors that GCP open for you. It is possible to set up modified instances, which makes it a perfect learning platform for many different backgrounds in technology, including topics such as technical support, data analysis, data visualization, machine learning, security, etc. I have benefited tremendously from its many features and I expect to solve more complex problems in the near future with new skills under my belt. I loved how simple it was to set up instances, get them running, working with them for a while and then how they can easily be discarded or modified on the fly.

PROS

In the context of education, Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is wonderfully accessible, powerful and useful. Connecting to virtual instances is simple when deploying both Linux and Windows. The instances can be accessed through SSH and there is even a Chrome extension (Chrome RDP) that facilitates connections to Windows under any operating system in use. The platform is extremely well integrated with courses that the same company offers as part of their MOOCs. Instances are responsive and allow to really dig deep without the fear of breaking anything for real. They each get their own IP address accessible publicly so it is a breeze to launch background services and servers inside an instance and test functionality from the outside world. I am not personally familiar with all the tools available, but I know I can count on the platform to support any future development I might do with big data and machine learning. Because Google also offers open source libraries such as TensorFlow which are an integral part of the platform, I know I will not be limited with scalability issues anytime soon when relying on this service.

CONS

Like any software of comparable complexity, the hardest part is always getting started, because everything feels so overwhelming. When opening the dashboard for the first time, you can click on the menu to access an impressive long list of available products. Since there are so many aspects to learn, I would find it very useful to have a shortcut next to each item that goes directly to the most relevant documentation page on the subject. I have also been annoyed once or twice in a MOOC connected to a virtual instance on Google Cloud Platform when I was informed that the instance was ready but in reality I would still need to wait longer for all tools to be properly loaded, hence some confusion was generated from the fact that I would have to close and re-open the instance to see a new file appear or something similar. I wish the communication between GCP and the information available from a course connected to the platform could be more accurate. Knowing this little pitfall and knowing there is a very good documentation available with many tutorials does help to get pass those initial hurdles.

Rony