• Pros

• "I love it's simplicity, and it was very cheap for small projects, and easy to integrate a lot of different 3rd party services."

• "Easy to set up and integrate third-party services Price is great and affordable Easily integrate deployment with Github Easy to work with different environments "

• "I really like the file container that heroku has to manage and run your applications, I really like the fact that it always offers a current tool for your development."

• Cons

• "it is tricky to set it up via command line, I think there should be an option to configure it by web interface, like laravel forge...but is fine."

• "Heroku is a bit pricey. It streamlines the deployment process, but costs more because of it. The add ons are pretty solid, but tend to be costly as well. "

• "It is a bit expensive but what it provides makes up for everything, it is not easy to get used to but once you do it will improve your apps."

Browse Heroku Reviews

Bryan from Velora Studios

The most elegant Platform as a Service

Great for someone starting out and deploying their first webapp, and great as a service overall. I cannot immediately recommend it to larger organizations though without looking deeper into the potential cost first.

Pros

Heroku is really easy and out of your way as a developer. Setup and deployment is fast, and integrating add-ons is a breeze. I enjoy using Heroku more than any other similar platform as a service. If it were slightly cheaper, we would always use it.

Cons

Unfortunately we do not use Heroku for every project because it does have a high cost. While it is my favorite to use, sometimes it feels like the smarter decision to give up a little bit of the elegant design in exchange for a significant savings in cost. The introduction of Hobby dynos awhile back made Heroku a great starting point for fresh apps, but depending on how many users we plan on having, sometimes the cost of staying on Heroku will quickly eclipse other platform as a service options which while less elegant, still get the job done.

Manjunath from Accenture

Heroku - PaaS platform acquired by Salesforce

Heroku does wonder to add arsenal to deverlopers time as we get easy to build boilerplate codes for Nodejs or other javascript scripting. We use it for the backend hosting to cloud, when applications arent too complex or the footprint of users arent too heavy. Its easier to demo an application on Heroku than AWS simply due to the accelerators in place.

Pros

1. Its API's first world is hugely helpful in developing applications 2. Documentation and customer support is top notch 3. Heroku Add on works great for most of the use cases 4. Intuitive UI, supports many programming languages 5. Heroku forms a crucial backbone for Salesforce when dealing with big data. The external objects feature from Salesforce is due to Heroku. Takes off most of the complexity in bulk processing on Salesforce as it can be off loaded to Heroku 5. With Salesforce Canvas integration, it forms a perfect ally to Heroku.

Cons

1. It can have a steep learning curve 2. Tends to be pricey for a large application when compared to AWS, Azure 3. Auditing can be improved 4. Quality of add on's can also be improved 5. Buildpack documentation needs to be improved as well

Marcelo from Busbud

Heroku is great for creating dataclips to pull specific datasets from your databases

I use Heroku every week to pull data that support my decisions, such as understanding our user behaviour, and our supply coverage. With it, I'm able to create a strategy based on numbers, having a higher chance of success. I definitely recommend Heroku to business managers that are looking to easily pulling numbers on the business performance to create dashboards and deeper analysis.

Pros

Heroku allows you to create dataclips based on a specific criteria to pull what you're looking for on your databases. It requires a basic knowledge of SQL language and on database data analysis, but it's something that can be learned otherwise. Heroku dataclips have several interesting functions, such as exporting it to a .csv file or directly to Google Sheets, and creating an instant chart. Also, you can access Heroku through your Internet browser, dismissing the need of downloading and installing an application. I've worked previously with other SQL tools such as Postico and SQL Pro, and I can tell that Heroku is very powerful and easier to use.

Cons

Heroku exporting tool for Google Sheets has a limited capacity of 10,000 fields. So if you're working with a large database, it won't allow you to export it directly to Google Sheets. In any case, you can always download it as a .csv file. Also, sometimes the tool is very heavy and take a long time to run larger queries (more than the other two tools mentioned above).

Nicholas from MolecularMatch

Support is non existent

5+ years. As long as you have no support needs you will have an overpriced, workable solution.

Pros

Attracted to the software for simplicity of deployment and alleged production grade 3rd party app ecosystem

Cons

1. Support is literally non existent. good luck solving your problems because they will not assist you. 2. Support is literally non existent. good luck solving your problems because they will not assist you. 3. Support is literally non existent. good luck solving your problems because they will not assist you. 4. Support is literally non existent. good luck solving your problems because they will not assist you. 5. Expensive 6. Go with an all in solution with Amazon and save your natural hair color

My take on Heroku

I've been happy with the tools Heroku has offered me. However, for a user that knows her way around cloud providers these might provide a more fine grained control over their application's availability.

Pros

A decent free to use offer, and a overwhelmingly well thought paid plan. Integration with Git and other Control Version systems is mature and well thought, allowing the team to make sure the application is always up and running.

Cons

The interface is not always as responsive as one would wish for, also the CLI version is not yet as intuitive as I would expect. Migrating your application from Heroku to another provider could also be easier.

Reasons for Choosing Heroku

The process to set up an application on Heroku is way simpler.

NOEL from Forecast5 Analytics

Great website host

We've had great success hosting one of our smaller web apps on heroku. It allowed for a low cost way to get our app up and running while we continue to build it and grow. Integrating PostgreSQL made our database storage incredibly easy. We've been very happy with it, especially given that there are free options to get you started at no cost.

Pros

Heroku is an easy and cheap option for hosting your web apps. We host one of our apps that is in Beta on heroku and this allows us to have it active without too much overhead cost. Updating the app via the command line makes it extremely easy to combine with GitHub so that you can commit and push to both with one set of commands. The integrated PostgreSQL databse option makes it easy to maintain your data on the database without too much database administration.

Cons

Updating your PostgreSQL database can be a bit of a task. I generally need to reference guides every time I have to update a table with new data. Also, there is a bit of a learning curve. Luckily Heroku has some pretty great guides. In the free tier, you'll find that your web app loads a bit slow initially but it isn't terrible and hard to complain for a free option.

Great hosting for webapps, simple, secure and great DX and integrations

It's a good choice for my needs. See if you can use an AWS Lambda gateway instead though, it may be enough for your needs in some cases.

Pros

Heroku is my go-to for hosting a Node.js webapp (but they support lots of other platforms as well). It's simple to use (you basically just push to their git and it does the rest), and has integrations with lots of the other tools we use.

Cons

It doesn't offer too much configurations, and it can get pretty pricey, pretty fast, if your webapp isn't optimal (especially with memory).

Greg from Alan B. Miller Entrepreneurship Center

Great for Hobbyists

Heroku has provided a quick and easy way for me to launch my custom applications built for the EC. It takes care of everything, all I need to do is code. As someone passionate about Node and React, but also as someone who does not care to learn how to use AWS (at least not yet), Heroku is a perfect alternative.

Pros

- Heroku makes launching one's web app incredibly easy. Using git to push updates, the platform requires almost no setup. - The overall cost is insanely cheap. $7 a month for the base is wild. - Students can get a free year with the Github Student Developer Pack :)

Cons

- The pricing structure does not lend itself well to larger businesses, in my opinion. At some point, switching to an AWS service probably makes sense.

Reasons for Choosing Heroku

The price is by far the best deal out there. The free tier allows for in house development which is perfect for students like me :)

Juan Jose from Rhynyx

Great tool for having your apps on the cloud

We implemented heroku to put the websites online using PHP, Node.Js, Ruby on rails and React Js. Also we created some apis using Node.Js

Pros

The easy way to upload a website to the cloud and put it online. since it uses git for versioning the code you can simply push a commit to see your site online and heroku does the tricky part of config

Cons

It is kind of expensive when you pass the free dynos. I think there are other cheaper options but you need to configure from scratch the whole server config.

Free hosting for your website with Heroku

My overall experience with Heroku is exceptional. I had a lot of web hosting issues in early days as a developer. All of those issues were fixed when I got to know about this service. This motivates me to create more and more web-apps.

Pros

Heroku is a cloud platform as a service that supports several programming languages like PHP, JavaScript and Java. Users can create their web apps using a supported programming language and run and deploy it using Heroku. A web link will be given to the user after deployment so that users can go there and test the functionality of the system. You can connect your project using its GitHub repository. 500MB of storage is given for the app free of charge. More storage can be bought from the website as well. Adding add-ons can enhance functionality to support databases like MySQL (ex: ClearDB adds support to MySQL database)

Cons

It is difficult to find cons in this service. However, importing databases that use NoSQL such as MongoDB can be somewhat complicated. Also the URL given for the app is not changeable.

Jorge from Codefuel

Heroku, take control on your server side app deployment!

Heroku is a fast, easy, nice and very reliable place to host your server side apps, node.js and ruby on rails apps works like a charm. I use HEROKU to deploy my apps, it allows me to store logs, run commands on the server side, clone the entire app and create a new environment, add services to my apps such as Sendgrid, Postgres DB and many many other. It also allows you to create pipelines and setup your environment variables in a very easy going manner over the web tools but also there is the CLI that allows you to do all the actions over the console. The overal service experience is great, once you start working with HEROKU, git will be your best friend since it is the way to deploy your apps. It even provides you with many development environments for your app like Swift and any other that have some sort of package manager. Last but not least you can manage your project collaborators and ownership over the web manager so you can create your app and add all the members on your development team in no time or you can create an app for your client and once its finished you can transfer the app ownership to your client. This is by far one of the best services for apps development i'd found in years, it really reduces the development and deployment time, no setup for each app, just the joy of git push heroku master ..... Done

Pros

To get start with the services you just need to create the app in the web manager app, witch makes it super Easy to use, it is super FAST to deploy and run the apps. It is highly scalable, you can start with a free dyno and scale it over the paid plans according to your needs with makes it ver cost efficient. It might replace your git repository but also it is very easy to create several environments for your app in no time with exact clones of it even with environmental variables

Cons

The only one that i can mention right now is that i haven't found a really nice solution for push notifications (i'd like to find something easy going like send grid )

Like it so far!

I love working withHheroku, but I don't have to pay for it cause the company I work for pays for it. If I was working on a side project that didn't have a very big tech budget I would probably choose something else. If the company can afford it though Heroku would be my first pick

Pros

- Being able to roll back my app is HUGE! - Easy to deploy from the command line (although my work has it setup so when I commit to master in github it deploys the latest version) - Has a nice CLI to get info, restart the app, and such... - Has add ons which easily integrates with the app. - Easy to setup different environments of the same app. - Easily see how the app is doing.

Cons

Heroku interface is really nice to work with, but some of the add-ons don't have the best interface. I know the code for those add-ons are not made by Heroku, but I wish Heroku had higher standards for their add-ons. There are some super useful add-ons that just have little things about them that are weird or confusing. Plus most of the add-ons I have used don't have a very pretty interface. If Heroku put a little pressure on them to clean up their user experience that would be helpful.

Heroku is a powerful PaaS with unmatched support

Heroku has allowed us to focus on our product and outsource the majority of our dev ops workload, which has been highly effective at our (small) size.

Pros

We've been using Heroku since our product launch for much of our backend infrastructure, and we remain absolutely smitten with the fantastic product and support we've gotten. Heroku strikes a great balance between the responsibilities of running everything on bare metal yourself and a more managed infrastructure, and we've been very happy with the trade-offs here. To top it off, their support is phenomenal, and, in the case of highly technical issues, consistently escalate support queries to the right technical person internally.

Cons

Heroku can definitely be pricier than running your own show directly on your own servers, or even in a virtualized environment like AWS that's definitely one critique we've seen from colleagues, however in our case that cost is more than justified for what we get in return for it.

Ryan from University of Nebraska at Omaha

Great Platform as a Service Host

Pros

Heroku is my go-to when I need to deploy any application that's not just a static website. The pricing is very easy to understand, they have a great free tier, and the add-on system makes it easy to take on the services that I need to make things work the way I want. I really appreciate the recent addition of support for Docker containers as well. It makes things easier to use and deploy when I've got a containerized application. I also appreciate how easy it is to transfer an application between my personal account and a work account. That means I can easily experiment with something in the free tier, then transfer it to the work account for billing purposes once something is up and running.

Cons

I really wish there was built-in support for docker-compose. I use that to manage my applications, but when I deploy I need to switch over to using the add-ons. Not a dealbreaker, but a bit annoying.

Gonzalo from Freelance

Great Paas making deployment a breeze

An easy way to deploy and get your app out there.

Pros

When I need to get a product out there in an MVP-like case I go for Heroku, a few clicks and you are ready to go. Heroku UI is beautifully crafted and they support many languages through their buildpacks, making almost any app compatible. Their CLI and integration with Github makes deployment a breeze, I love to deploy by simply doing a git push. Their CLI is easy to use and the documentation is clear enough for most cases. Thanks to Heroku I was able to deploy a few web apps easily, their pipelines and integration make them ideal for small-scale projects and prototypes removing a great deal of low-level and hosting issues. Most of the heavy lifting is done for you. Is amazing that the downtime is non-existent, the old dyno keeps serving until the new one is ready, then they're switched and the user doesn't experience downtime. For small-scale apps and prototypes, Heroku is super affordable, even I hosted many of my apps in free plans.

Cons

I found it difficult to deploy apps client-based, for instance, I made an Angular app but since there's no buildpack for a fully static app I had to wrap on the app on PHP in order to be deployed. Prices can go up quickly if your app starts using more resources, in many cases, it would be wiser to migrate to a different platform once the things start to escalate. As Heroku does it really easy to set up the application for you it's often hard to tweak or change advanced features, you don't really have full server control. Also, I would like to see more integrations with other .git providers like Bitbucket and Gitlab.

Jose F. from Koombea

Ideal companion of a Rails developer

It's a joy to work with with a simple workflow and not needing to rely on a dedicated devops team to maintain a server infrastructure can make features flow faster to production instances and thus happier customers.

Pros

One of the best features introduced by Heroku to me, was the ability to deploy with a 'git push'. Also, it's very constrained, but that's for a good reason: it helps me develop an 'optimize-first' mentality where I don't just push any code to it, but rather force myself to implement an optimal solution. When deployed to Heroku, I know that it will scale well and that when it doesn't then I surely need to take a look at how to do my code better.

Cons

It can get very expensive very quickly, especially when inexperienced developers start adding add-ons, that may not be required.

dishant from Lionbridge

Offers great service for server side app deployment

I am using this software to deploy ruby based web apps for our clients. It offers an easy to use and easy to manage web app facility. If the cost of the service is reduced a little bit, I would love to give them full stars. Some business and developers must use this at least once.

Pros

Heroku offers one of the best services to deploy server-side apps. It is a fast, reliable and straightforward way to use apps. I found it very easy and efficient to create different environments for your app. It allows focussing more on the app rather than deploying it. I found it very easy to connect the web app further with the databases. One can easily test or scale any app with the tools provided. It is an excellent alternative of the git since; it gives the ability of version control from the same system.

Cons

When you have to scale up your application, pricing of the service will get pain for you. One limitation which I had noticed is the inability to have direct access to the services. This results in decidedly fewer customisation options for a developer. Some add-ons have an inferior user interface.

Jeff from Health IQ

I used to love Heroku a lot, and I transferred all of my projects to Heroku, but now I rarely use it

Pros

Cons

Heroku was my go to place if I wanted to host a prototype or hobby project. Right now, everything is getting very expensive, and the service is basically the same as 4 years ago. There are basically no new features for individual developers. There are a lot of new features like teams and pipelines for larger projects for companies. It's more revenue driven now but I don't blame them, it makes sense. One thing I think it would be nice to have is, there can be cheaper servers (maybe a separate dyno hours) for front end only apps (just like S3 hosting for static sites).

Danilo from VAGAS.com

Best PaaS to publish apps

Super easy to set up and use, with a lot of plugins, but a little expensive if you grow to much on it

Pros

Super easy to set up and use (with a git-like terminal client), a lot of plugins that enable you to add databases, cache, and some useful stuff to your app just by pointing-and-clicking. You can test any app idea that you have with a real URL in a matter of minutes (if you already have the app, of course...)

Cons

Maybe if your app grows, the prices aren't so low to maintain a big infrastructure, but if money is not your problem than Heroku is the way to go!

The best replacement to a devops engineer for startups

The best solution to deploy small applications or MVP-like products

Pros

Heroku makes it very easy to deploy applications and to add resources to it. It's also easy to perform basic actions, via the user-friendly interface or the CLI which is quite comprehensive.

Cons

Becomes very expensive as the server needs grow. Not easy to fine-tune the capacity of each server. Their business development team is super lazy: they contacted me to upsell their solutions because I'm becoming a large client, but when I said I was in Asia they suddenly stopped the conversation because it was too much effort to take a call in a different timezone than theirs!

The fastest way to start quality and low maintanence webapps

Pros

The learning curve is insanely low. Pipelines, auto deployment, addons, and support for major languages allows you to get started coding almost immediately. They've fast tracked development an incredible amount for a low (mostly nonexistent) price point.

Cons

The whole "teams" situation isn't very good. It makes seeing your apps in one glance impossible and it requires paid apps. The payment model for personal apps is great; when you need to scale anything up, you pay (more dynos, more databases, etc). Only allowing teams, which just helps with organization, to have paid apps discourages from bothering with them at all.

Alvaro from Koombea

Great PaaS for your application

Pros

Heroku is a great Platform as a Service product. You can set up a server and deploy it in a few minutes (at least a ruby on rails application). Integration with git is awesome!. You can scale your app with only a couple of clicks and is as transparent as it should be. If you don't want to spend money with a dev ops and managing server this is the solution for you.

Cons

They only con I will say is the pricing, even though you will save a lot of money in your initial stage, since you won't need someone to manage the infrastructure of your application, when you app start to grow, also will your invoices.

Ramon from Digisade

For all applications

My API and database is in heroku, in free mode, and meets the requirements well. Fully integrated with git, after each commit + push the service is automatically restarted with updates.

Pros

It is highly scalable, starting with a free version and then scaling up as needed. Deploying and Continuing Integration is very useful as well as being integrated with git, keeping your master up to date.

Cons

Sometimes I get confused about the real usefulness of each tab in web configurations, but it is something that is little used, does not disturb.

Reasons for Choosing Heroku

price, user-friendly interface, free mode of use, git integration already implemented

James from atVenu Inc.

Amazing way to bootstrap your online service.

Getting my startup up and going without having to have a IT/OPS co-founder. Amazing way to get your product out to search the market space.

Pros

The ability to pick and choose services and scale that fit your budget is amazing on this stack. One is able to get a product out the door *FREE* and then scale and grow as necessary, and with some good guidance as one finds their market.

Cons

The black box nature of the solution is a pro and a con. I find sometimes wanting to know more about what is going on in the fabric of the solution to track down why something isn't working. However, this is small in comparison to the benefit it provides.

Adithya from SAP

Heroku - Best PaaS tool to try out new projects quickly

Pros

* Heroku is one of the best PaaS(Platform as a Service) tool to quickly build the POC(Proof of Concept) or MVP (Minimal Viable Product). * Reduces lots of service setup/configuration time and server charges. * Supports many programming language and server stack. * Deploying code to the heroku platform can be performed by very few command line statements. * Can set up the server to auto scale based on the server load ; This enables our application to handle any spike in traffic. * The support documentation and help guide is very detailed. Most of the problems can be resolved by going through the documentation. * Supports pipeline for continuous code integration and delivery. * Can attach any DB to the container and the DB can be shared across many containers as well.

Cons

* Pricing : It can get really expensive as the traffic grows. At one point, it will make economical sense to move out of Heroku and go to the traditional server setup which will be less expensive. * There will be use case where we need to install additional software apart from the standard stack or run a specialized service in the server. This cannot be achieved using Heroku as it does not offer a direct access to the server. Very limited customization can be performed for the container.

An excellent and simple to use web-based development and prototyping platform

Heroki is a world-class web-based development platform

Pros

We used Heroku to prototype a ruby on rails based shopify app and were able to get started using Heroku quickly. There are many guides, add-ons, tools, and features available via the Heroku platform which allowed us to set up an app with webhooks, OAuth, and Resque Redis active queues with db backups. The Github integration was also simple to set up and use. The Heroku dashboard and website was simple to use and options and features are well explained and displayed. Uptime was always reliable and server lag minimal even with our free feature set.

Cons

We did not find simple solutions to be able to run a Heroku based development version of our app locally on a workstation. With our complex setup for a rails app including Oath and Webhooks, it was not going to be simple to run a development version locally on a workstation due to IPs, URLS, etc. So we ended up running everything as qa/prod on a heroku server for rapid development. As a result any rails codebase change needed to be committed and the rails app redeployed to the heroku instance, which was just a 3 line command. However this commit/deploy process did add to the turnaround and overhead for our app development.

Jordan from Computer Software

Great for new apps

Pros

Heroku is a fantastic place to host your applications. I personally host my own RoR projects on Heroku's hobby tier with PG. Their database as a service offering of PG is fantastic and very speedy. It's super handy to have them support containers so it makes your whole CI and production pipeline smooth and easy.

Cons

The containerization on heroku can be a little awkward to get going at first depending on the method you are using. The documentation feels rather lacking and could be better, but once you're up and running Heroku is a solid platform.

Marcelo from Movinga

Stress-free bootstrapping support for your software company

Pros

Extremely easy to bootstrap and have a project running using buildpacks. Auto-scalable, very cost-efficient (during the initial phase of a company). Easy to hook up everything you need, logging, databases, newrelic... Imposes that the setup of your project must be done over environment variables, which is a nice pattern. And so on! I strongly recommend this stress free hosting solution!

Cons

They could have more support for open-source platforms, lesser limitations, or be more clear about them. Also, sometimes the account-integration with other

Simple way to keep your web apps up

I use Heroku for all of my consultancy work. It makes it easier to manage resources for non-technical clients.

Pros

Zero downtime during deployment is the best feature. Unlike traditional hosts, you do not have to take the whole server down to make the deployment. The deployments are made to another dyno while the old dyno keeps serving. As deployment is completed, dynos are switched and your visitors do not notice a downtime.

Cons

Heroku is good for small to medium web applications. Their cost grows rapidly as the website demands more resources.

Ariel from Education

Easiest & priciest way to deploy to an app server

Pros

Heroku makes deploying to an app server easier than any other possible method, especially if you design your stack in advance with the desire to deploy onto Heroku. Being able to deploy and redeploy your application with a simple git push and have everything handled like magic means that you can spend all of your time engineering and none of it on the deployment and upkeep side. Their platform provides support for almost all popular stacks, which means that most web applications could hypothetically be compatible with Heroku. The metrics and statistics provided by Heroku are also very helpful and provide insights into app performance.

Cons

In order to use the Heroku stack properly, your stack should be in line with Heroku's opinionated design patterns. These include using a 12-factor style application and using PostgreSQL as your database (Heroku also provides add-ons from other services providing other types of databases such as MongoDB, but PostgreSQL is their clearly preferred database that they offer alongside each service. These choices may not be bad, but it could create difficulties when moving to Heroku or when needing specialized types of deployment. Heroku is also very expensive.

Vidit from Webarch

I used Heroku to publish my AI chatbot plus a couple of websites.

I was able to test out all my apps with ease!

Pros

I really admire how this product achieves abstraction by using "dynos" on the cloud. I created a NodeJS AI chatbot as a part of my 3rd-year project, the ease of deployment using Heroku-CLI is one of the best things this platform has to offer. I got it hosted using a "hobby" dyno in no time. The continuous integration and deployment with GitHub helped me a lot in testing out my app. I also used this product to host a landing page for an app I made during a hackathon. The whole process took me no more than 15 minutes, which is really great!

Cons

I think the price for the "hobby" dyno is a little bit steep. Apart from that, Heroku puts your "free" dynos to sleep after 30 minutes of inactivity which leads to slower response time from the server when the app is woken up again.

Heroku for Small Hosting Needs

For hosting needs for a website, we found Heroku to be easy to understand upfront, with clear info on pricing and costs and how it is structured and can be deployed for use on your site.

Pros

The official website of Heroku is extremely professional, which also shows in your own Heroku account if you do end up using it. Since I chose Heroku to host my website for my company needs, I have never had any escalated issues or major flaws or problems that caused it to make me want to switch. It is easy and has good navigation tools.

Cons

I think it would be a bit more helpful for the knowledge base and customer support tools to be more easily navigable. While rich and deep with resources, soetimes finding the right article or help forum/topic issue can be a bit challenging, however, the overall set-up of Heroku is pretty smooth and doesn't cause problems.

John from Rise Interactive

Perfect for Prototyping and Development

Heroku is a game-changer for me in that it handles all of the back-end server setup that can get in the way at the beginning of a project. I can use it to quickly prototype my Node Express server projects with Heroku way easier than I could with any other platform.

Pros

I start a lot of my projects out on Heroku because its very easy to deploy code through their CLI and get up and running. For Node projects, I don't think there is an easier platform to get started with. The Heroku Add-On's are very easy to use, so you acquire additional databases or services with just a few button clicks.

Cons

I personally don't use it for production deployments because I think the cost is too high compared to other services. However, the platform is great for small to mid-size projects to develop and grow on until they're ready for something bigger.

KONG SENG from MT Marketing

Heroku review

The platform is a bit expensive but has great benefits because it provides a complete infrastructure for the development you need.

Pros

has a PaaS that provides a variety of useful tools for your developments besides offering an administrative part and placing it a cloud so you can freely develop your applications

Cons

the services and stores offered by this Paas have a high cost, in addition to limiting yourself to working only with the languages offered by this platform.

Heroku is a great experience. Makes deployment and dev ops simple.

Hosts all our software. It's made dev ops and deployment as easy as it can possibly be.

Pros

Ease of use. Coming from AWS, it does a great job of abstracting away a lot of tedious low-level details. As a small startup, the less we have to do the better.

Cons

Price - it can be a bit pricey, especially some of the add-ons like Redis or Postgres. We've also had a couple bugs that have been difficult to resolve because of lack of access to underlying hardware.

Orlando from Smart For Life

Industry: Food Production

Perfect for Developers

Pros

Moving from Amazon Web Services to Heroku saved me tons of time as a developer. I was able to focus on development instead of server configuration as Heroku does all of that for me. All I need to do is commit to a specified branch for deployment. Also has a good assortment of add-ons to choose from.

Cons

Still looking for something not to like about it.

Joo from motel.io

Deploy tools in one click

Pros

Do you want to attach a database to your program? Search for the database you want and then simply click "Attach" and there you have a new database available to be used. Want to store your logs in your favorite platform? They probably have already an integration for it, so search and attach. With Heroku setting up your app is really fast and easy. If you thought that it lacks in scalability due to the ease it is to setup everything, then you couldn't be more wrong. It has dynamic scaling to handle the demand. On top of that, they also have a desktop tool that allows you to manage your deployed applications.

Cons

Honestly, I haven't found anything that I don't like in this software.

Save yourself all the server stress

Heroku has helped me with making my server management of deployments faster and easier.

Pros

Cons

Can't place a Con, but one thing I noticed is that somedays, my dashboard can't be assessed, It then goes back to normal.

Emma from New Sky Productions

AWS is hard. Heroku is easy.

Pros

If you're developing something by yourself, or on a team of like three people, building, deploying, and managing EC2 instances is a giant pain in the ass. Heroku takes like 30 seconds to deploy.

Cons

You're paying more for the exact same thing as an EC2 instance, Heroku just makes it hella easier. If that sounds like a good thing, awesome! But yeah, you do pay more.

Reliable Platform as a Service

Heroku has helped us maintain and grow a nationwide application.

Pros

Heroku provides easy-to-use deployment services for a number of technologies, allowing for rapid prototyping that is easy to share with others.

Cons

As a shared service, Heroku has to make several hard performance decisions that I would make differently if I had more control over some of the processes.

Stephen from Keet Health

Great experience, great product

Pros

The configurability and ease of use. The price range for low-end startups is unbeatable. It is has been a vital tool for our testing environment

Cons

The overall cost for a more secure host. When considering the Enterprise version where Keet requires a baa to be in place, heroku makes the configuration of said product to be much more expensive than other aws hosts

Marlyn from Viajes de Freitas

Incredible and useful containers.

Pros

Cons

You should always work under this environment, there are times when files are included that fail, and the files are left half-way, they should send verification.

Code it and Deploy it for free

That was my first-time app deployment when I use this platform and I find it pretty easy to use due to lots of tutorials and documentation available around the internet and also I made my job portfolio deployed on this platform as an entry-level developer and that was a very good experience

Pros

Yes as per their tag line, it is very easy to deploy the code you write and connect with version control platforms like Github. It is the best free app deployment tool I have ever found in the world of web. Ease of use for all category persons ranging from students to small to big business is the reason Heroku is most famous among developers these days. In fact, I have deployed my first app through Heroku. Great features and control and with any platform its usable which is also one of the reasons it is getting more popularity.

Cons

Till now I didn't face any problems with heroku..so I will say there is nothing to dislike, all features are great and more community making more tutorials making it easy from entry level developers.

Alex from Esper Creations, LLC

Perfect Hosting Solution for Node Projects

Pros

My favorite part of this software has to be the simplicity of the command line interface. With the GIT integration, pushing a project live takes a matter of seconds. Not only is it incredibly simple to get your project onto a temporary URL provided by Heroku, but they also provide a continuous development feature that updates your project to the latest version of your code any time a GIT commit is pushed to the repository connected to your Heroku project.

Cons

One feature that annoyed me while working on a recent project with my team is the need for "buildpacks" when working with specific NPM packages. When our initial push to the Heroku server failed, it didn't take much time to figure out the entire buildpack feature but it was something I certainly expected to work out of the box, especially with how popular this specific NPM package was.

Ramindu from Virtusa Corporation

PaaS for the future: easy, scalable, fast

Heroku can be used effectively as a platform to quickly deploy applications and manage them across different environments. Pipelines are extremely simple to set up and a joy to use.

Pros

Heroku removes a great deal of complexity from hosting an application. It focuses on the basics, making things easy to use through an intuitive interface. It also provides a great deal of integrated services which can be spun up at the click of a button, with easy-to-manage deployment pipelines and version control integrations.

Cons

Heroku can be a bit rigid at times in terms of the options it provides, it provides limited flexibility in doing something new that is not provided out of the box. The price point can be a bit on the high end as well.

Enrique from Disruptive Angels

Heroku takes all the server configuration hassle into his hands and lets you focus on coding.

Pros

Heroku add-ons are great for supercharging your app. They're really easy to install and they require almost no configuration. Heroku lets you scale your application really easily if you need to handle more traffic load. It also supports a lot of different languages for deploying and if one is not there you can write your own buildpack.

Cons

Heroku logs are difficult to read when you have a big application, there should be better filters or ways to analyze them.

Vicent from Desarrollo Web Marketing Experiences

Complex and very complete tool.

Pros

You save many procedures with Heroku since it gives you excellent tools such as a cloud to store your developments and a very complete administration panel.

Cons

This is one of the best platforms for hosting web applications, it's easy to use and very convenient

Pros

The UI is very intuitive, the pricing structure is fair and there are a lot of add-ons to improve and scale your apps.

Cons

Nothing really, it's my go-to platform whenever I want to deploy a new application. Even if you're not comfortable using the command line interface, the dashboard is very well done.

Easiest way to spin up a server online

Pros

Easiest way to deploy a new application, test, or website in the cloud. Avoids a lot of complications with GCP and AWS.

Cons

Deployment often leads to application errors on the first load and can take a long time. Gets prohibitively expensive once you scale past the experimentation phase.

I just fall in love with Heroku

I am an independent contractor as a software developer and I develop web applications to my clients and Heroku help me to sales easier my projects. I use Heroku in a free version, Heroku is fast and you can add services easier.

Pros

Heroku is the best platform that I ever know since a met Heroku I fall in love with it. Heroku has everything that I need, is easy to use, is 'FREE', I can deploy and manage my projects, I can test my project before deploying in production. I can show to my client my products in an easy way without have to pay for a server, domains, etc.

Cons

I dont have anything bad to say about Heroku, I know nothing is perfect but for me Heroku work very good.