• Pros

• "It's intuitive, easy to use, and you can make prototypes that come to life. It's almost as good as having a working app."

• "Very easy to use tool for making prototypes. I like the fact that clients have no problems using it and commenting on designs."

• "I love that I can incorporate Sketch into Invision. Many of my colleagues use a Windows computer for work and are unable to open Sketch files - I love that I can use Invision to share my work."

• Cons

• "- Complex issues that cant solve by customer service - Without wireframe support - Will be good if there is in-app ability."

• "The only things I think need work is the use of the mobile app. As well as the private comment feature needs work. Support is ok but I would rather call or chat than email."

• "Professional service plans are a bit pricey, other than that I wish there were chances to make prototypes more interactive and add animation to screen transitions. But I still like it a lot!"

Browse InVision Reviews

Maria from 501 Auctions

Game changer

It facilitates and reduces the efforts that I have to make to upload my work to the web app for presentations. Making interactive prototypes that are web-based has also made collaboration and user testing easier.

Pros

I love the efforts that InVision has made to make their product sync with other programs such as Sketch and Photoshop. The craft plugin has made a lot of my work very easy since I don't have to upload my screens to InVision. The ability to sync, but to also apply and sync hotspots directly from InVision has speed up my work and it's just one less thing to worry about.

Cons

Currently the software has some limitations within the web app. I think there has been tremendous efforts to make the product work seamlessly with other apps such as Sketch, but when modifying certain aspects such as animation or hotspots on the web app, there are a lot of limitations as far as what the user can do. These limitations, specifically with the animations, can make designs static for the most part and not very "animated".

Response from InVision

Replied February 2018

Hi Maria, we are thrilled to hear that InVision improves your workflow and that you enjoy using the product. We noticed youre an active InVision user and design enthusiast, and we'd love to discuss inviting you to be a part of our exclusive, invitation-only Community Ambassador program! We recently launched the InVision Community to create a place where people can talk about their InVision projects and InVision features, design trends, prototyping and workflows, collaboration, and more. Its also a place where users can post any questions they have about InVision. Community Ambassadors get the opportunity to talk shop with other world-class designers and share their unique insights by helping answer questions from designers who post in the Community. If youre interested in learning more about the InVision Community and the perks of our Community Ambassador program, please contact me at shainat@invisionapp.com!

Nick from Orrbitt Creative Group

Industry: Graphic Design

InVision is a great tool!

It's a great tool for presenting work to clients, and helps us keep all comments in one place, so nothing gets overlooked.

Pros

It's super easy to show clients work, and give them the ability to comment right on the design. This way all of the changes and notes are in one place. "Build" mode is also really cool, at lets you do some basic prototyping in the browser. InVision Studio is also a cool design tool I just started playing around with, that allows for more indepth prototyping.

Cons

I wish there were some more options in the 'build' section. Also, for the Studio app, I REALLY wish there were scrolling interactions.

Better than Photos***

Perfect. Clients get to take part in design process from the moment we have a deliverable image.

Pros

It is really easy to get started and working on a design. The compatibility between it and Sketch allows you to use a single design and collaborate with a team of even 5 designers and editors until you have a perfect product.

Cons

at first, it was heavy on our machines, but it kept the shape on the mac os machines. The web version kinda covers up for all that so yeah, it works as needed.

Practical but also frustrating as PO/Dev

This tool as the potential to be very good. What I need are easily shared snapshots of a design at a given point which can not be overridden. e.g. This was X design at 14:35 on Thursday. Then we know that we are working with the right design and can inspect it and use it. It needs to be faster.

Pros

Inspect tool is great for giving to developers and asking them to pick colours, spacings etc from a design. There are also prototype functionalities which are very useful.

Cons

I find this software so clunky and slow. It takes an age to load, it's so heavy. We actually moan about this in sprint planning when there's an invision link in a ticket. There are also more pressing issues, such as the difficulty in versioning. Developers don't like it when you add a screenshot because it doesn't reflect the design, but when we reference invision, the design has changed and no longer meets the original scope of the ticket. It's great for designers if they want to be able to update a design at one click of a button in Sketch, but it can cause real arguments and confusion between developers. Navigation is also slow and confusing, but that might be the way our designers have set it up.

Bruna from KPMG Brasil

Why every UX/UI Designer should build projects on Invision

I worked a lot with invision during college, because we had to create interfaces using adobe illustrator, however, the professors wanted us to show the interfaces running and operating, and as we needed to present it, we did work with invision to create a prototype and present it as the professors were our clients. During my regular job, the design team used to build mockups for websites and apps and I coordinated them.

Pros

What Ilike best about this software is that it's easy to use for all kinds of projects, either for designers, webdesigners, developers who want to share an idea without having to work on many lines of codes. It's possible to prototype entire interfaces, making them interactive without having to build from scratch the final product.

Cons

Some features are exclusively for paid subscribers and maybe there could be a promotion or a student subscription.

Jeffrey from designvox

Quintessential tool for distributed teams

Invision makes sharing UI/UX designs feasible for distributed teams that can't work side by side. We have designers in the US and developers in Europe making timezone differences extreme and now we can work seamlessly together.

Pros

The comments! Being able to super efficiently review designs with my team on my schedule using the comments feature literally makes my job doable. Plus the integration with Sketch and Photoshop.

Cons

Several people working on similar comps can occasionally screw eachother up. It needs a git style branch control system instead of just blanket overwriting.

J. Ryan from Huebner Integrated Marketing

Perfect for managing/reviewing design projects

Streamlines the revision process on design projects

Pros

If you are managing or reviewing design projects, this software is a must-have! I use it all the time when we have design projects because it makes the revision process so easy. Gone are the days of printing out your design files and marking them up. This tool allows you to take the design file and make comments and revision requests right on the document. It streamlines the communication process and takes out some of the human error when "deciphering" revision requests.

Cons

I understand the need for different "projects" to accurately show the current version of the files with new comments but I can sometimes get lost in what project is updated and which link I should use. This is more of an internal organization issue and it rarely happens. I don't have many other negative features about the software (it's that useful!)

Stephen from Infosys

Great mock up sharing tool

Great tool overall. I would recommend Invision because it has plenty of features and easy to collaborate with non-designers

Pros

Collaborativeness. I really like the fact that the user can comment anywhere in the mockup, sharing the mockup, and keep the view tidy.

Cons

Not enough or intuitive keyboard interface to move around the folders and files. It feels like everything has to be done by mouse clicks.

Big Improvement!

A very professional product. Whether you are using it for a mobile device or sending it to clients it absolutely fits the bill. At the very least, you should try the free trial - you likely won't be disappointed!

Pros

Invision has come a long way in providing a decent prototyping tool. I recommend Invision Studio for those who are looking for more of a robust prototype to show to clients. Best feature is the ability to import from sketch and the ease in which you can copy pages and standardize.

Cons

In the age where the web 3.0 thrives, more animations and plug and play features. Getting better, though and is very easy to use.

Reasons for Choosing InVision

Other products may have one or two brilliant 'single' features, but not good overall.

Gianfranco from Catena Media

InVision is a great tool for sharing and reviewing interactive prototypes

I'm very happy in using InVision any time we have new products to showcase (to present to different C-levels, clients or company specialists). InVision Studio and InVision Cloud are 2 extraordinary tools, if you work in a creative or media agency, you can't live without these 2.

Pros

InVision is life-safer and it has a super simple to use web app: it makes easy to share your creative projects (such as web and mobile designs) and sharing them with different stakeholders in order to gather appropriate feedback.

Cons

Price-wise, InVision has a free version but just for 1 prototype project. Digital agencies and large companies will definitely need PROFESSIONAL or TEAM packages, however, these aren't cheap if you run a small / local agency.

Erik from Ghostery

Industry: Security and Investigations

Excellent web tool, but it's lacking some key features

I am very pleased with Invision and I am happy my design team introduced me to its features and functionality. I have used it in many presentations to show clickable, working prototypes of my designs and will continue to do so despite its notable limitations.

Pros

I like the clean, quick interface of Invision. I love how you can import files directly from Sketch or Photoshop. The freehand is really useful when I just want to draw up a quick idea or even take hand written notes. If you have a touchscreen computer, you can really benefit from this feature. I also appreciate that updates are made in real time and you can see the changes you've made to hotspots applied on the screen the moment you switch from building mode to preview mode.

Cons

One big thing is that you can not add a clickable hover state in Prototype mode! This is a feature people have been requesting for over a year. From what I see in forums, the support team keeps saying they will "send it to the devs to see if it's a feature that can be added" but have never followed through. This is an essential feature that is being overlooked. For example, if you want a dropdown menu to appear when you hover over a menu item AND be able to click on the individual menu items in the dropdown this is NOT POSSIBLE in Invision. You can only have one or the other. As a workaround, I have made the menus appear by clicking instead of hovering but it involves importing transparent menus which is clunky and time-consuming. Please fix this, devs! In addition to the freehand feature, I wish there was an option to prototype with custom wireframes with a tool which allows you to choose from wireframe presets and build your site from the ground up that way. Sometimes, freehanding is not really an option. Also, you should be able to directly import files from Adobe Illustrator and Adobe XD as those are more widely used for web design rather than Photoshop.

Burhan from KeepTruckin

A must have tool for rapid prototyping

It's really an awesome tool and a life safer. We use it in every project of ours. And share it with stakeholders to take feedback and developers when handing off.

Pros

It let's you create interactive prototypes. You can define clicks, hover state, overlays, popups, floating buttons, fixed header and footer, and animations. You can try it for free. With free version you can create one prototype and share with developers or client. Invision has Craft plugin for Sketch and Photoshop. So you don't have to manually upload your designs to invision project. All you need to do is press the sync button and all your design updates will be sync on invision project. Another reason to love Invision Prototype is the ability to share the project with client and take their feedback through comments. And once changes are done you can mark those comment as resolved. Developers love invision too, because under inspect menu, they can see dimensions, colors, fonts and other specs of design. And download whatever icons or images are required.

Cons

Adding popups is a work around, you have to add black dot and the bottom right pixel of your popup image. They could've program it, so you didn't have to add a pixel to define color of your background overlay. If you're working on a web project and your website has a sliding navigation. Then your prototype won't be sliding on scroll. However you can add scroll to point on screen. And add custom point to the next slide where you want to scroll vertically.

James from Colewood

The prototyping tool you need to use!

We're able to quickly prototype full sites or small CRO changes and with the added ability to update on the fly, we can push changes live to anyone viewing live. It's allowed us to show off our thoughts and ideas to clients and stakeholders with great effect, wowing them every time!

Pros

I mainly use Invision as a delivery method for presenting web and mobile site designs. We have a few internal sites we manage and I use Invision to show any CRO changes that are to be made. This makes it easy for design, dev and directors to see how things work and what it will look like before any time is spent on development. A bonus for our dev team is the inspect function, having uploaded form Sketch they can inspect fonts, colours, sizes and basic CSS attributes to exactly copy the design. Assets can also be downloaded which saves time if they change over time.

Cons

Some basic functionality such as fixed background images would be useful to convey how some designs should work. I know it's not meant to be a working site, it's just the little touches sometimes that could help others see your vision.

Reasons for Choosing InVision

InVision was cheaper and Axure seemed to combine the design side and prototyping, whereas we were already using Sketch which has an InVision plugin to sync artboards.

Manuel from Commite

InVision is an agile tool that improves your life as a designer.

Pros

InVision is a tool that is great to present designs to your clients and communicate with them effectively. Before existing InVision, making a design proposal was a lot of effort: capture a jpg, send it, the client will pass it to PDF, make notes on that document to send it back with feedback All this process, which may sound like prehistory, is relatively recent. However, since InVision exists, you can directly upload the project you are doing, you can update it, and the client can leave comments on the same design. Another thing that I love is that it allows you to order all your projects in a single screen, as a private portfolio to have everything perfectly organized. A handy feature that InVision has is that it allows you to update the designs using the integrated Craft plugin in Sketch. Through the "inspect" tab of invision, frontends can access design styles and assets. I also really like the boards as an inspiration tool, to make a quick portfolio or as a style guide so that the client can know colors, typographies, logos, etc.

Cons

The price, because if you are a freelance is a bit expensive and the free version only allows you to upload one project. A feature called Freehand in which you can theoretically comment on a design with the client live via videoconference, but it has never worked well for me. I would like the boards could be integrated with other applications like Pinterest or Instagram so that the process of uploading and storing images is easier. Workflows, I do not use them because we have trello.

Kyra from Why Kyra Designs

As a designer, InVision changed my work flow in such a positive way! Can't live without it!

It has changed my workflow tremendously and has made communicating with my clients a million times easier and more clear. I love InVision! And, no, I'm not being paid to say that - it's just such an excellent product - oh and great customer service too!

Pros

Seamless and clear communication between me and my clients. Has transformed the way I hand over designs for feedback from clients. Clients seem to love it as well! So easy for myself and clients to give input on specific aspects of a design. The prototypes work perfectly for web design clients and has made the process much smoother. The boards are beautiful and clear for logo and branding clients and projects. Easy for clients to comment and across the board features beautiful, elegant presentation for my clients.

Cons

I wish the price point was a little lower. There is a little bit of awkwardness in adding clients / users to a project once you've already sent to others. It's not intuitive in this area. Hard to tell if the messages went through to clients at times - needs clearer flow here.

Response from InVision

Replied February 2018

Hi Kyra, we are thrilled to hear that InVision improves your workflow and that you enjoy using the product. We noticed youre an active InVision user and design enthusiast, and we'd love to discuss inviting you to be a part of our exclusive, invitation-only Community Ambassador program! We recently launched the InVision Community to create a place where people can talk about their InVision projects and InVision features, design trends, prototyping and workflows, collaboration, and more. Its also a place where users can post any questions they have about InVision. Community Ambassadors get the opportunity to talk shop with other world-class designers and share their unique insights by helping answer questions from designers who post in the Community. If youre interested in learning more about the InVision Community and the perks of our Community Ambassador program, please contact me at shainat@invisionapp.com!

I use InVision to get feedback on mockups and facilitate collaboration with developers

Pros

- Easy commenting ability that works even for the less tech-savvy folks at my job - Clear and clean email notifications mean a better response rate when I ask for feedback through the application - Ability to set states (in progress, needs approval, etc.) for mockups and to notify folks when a mockup changes state - Distinction between notes and comments, and ability to resolve comments so that they're hidden but not lost - Ability to easily create interactive prototypes for presentation and testing - iPhone app makes it possible for me to view and interact with prototypes on my phone - so nice! - Integration with Photoshop makes it easy to give devs pixel-perfect info about design elements (see note in Cons) - Ability to organize and categorize mockups within a project

Cons

- Prototyping tool lacks some features (ex. ability to specify a compressed version of a sticky header, rather than using the full version on scroll). Note they seem to be actively working on the prototyping features, though. - When mockups change drastically, sometimes comments and interactive hotspots can be lost - The developer tool provides info based on the shape/size of Photoshop elements, and not their actual contents (so text boxes that are larger than the text can skew the readings for pixel distance) - Some of my mockups are shown isolated on white backgrounds, some on dark gray. This isn't a big deal, but as a designer it bothers me. Wish I knew why it was happening. - They directly and without my knowledge contacted collaborators that I had added to the software - this resulted in some disgruntled co-workers and slowed down the internal adoption rate. (However, when I spoke with them about this they said they'd try to make sure it never happened again, and it seems that they've kept that promise.)

Nimanthi from Design

a comprehensive package which helps to devise

InVision has definitely caused a stir in the market. The software is gaining popularity every day and is a popular tool among UI/UX users. Taking into consideration the pros, cons, and user reviews, it may be rated 8.9/10.

Pros

InVision is a comprehensive package which helps to devise, design and test prototypes for mobile app, desktop site, and architectural plans. It is a simplified tool which has numerous additional features like business models and photo editing. The software is popular amongst Web Designers and has a customer base of over 2 million users. InVision has made prototype designing interactive. The users can sketch and design prototypes and import them from various other software like Photoshop, Google Drive and Dropbox. InVision's user-friendly interface has a drag and drop function which supports all compatible software. Apart from these features, InVision also has tools for workflow management, user testing, collaboration, and feedback. Features: 1. Prototyping 2. Design Presentation and Sharing 3. White-Board Meetings 4. Project Management 5. User Testing and Analysis 6. Feedback 7. Architectural Designs 8. Compatibility with other software Pros: 1. User-Friendly: Designing and modifying a prototype is easy. Users don't have problems using the software and feedback may be obtained for the prototype easily. 2. Interactive: The interface is easy-to-use and files can be uploaded in the software from a wide range of compatible software. 3. File Management: Drag and drop functions for file sharing and uploading. 4. Collaboration: Easy product design management process with in-app client testing and multiple app support. 5. Helps in freehand con

Cons

1. Header and Footers: It has fixed headers and footers which limits functionality sometimes. 2. Customer Support: Customer Support for InVision is slow and unresponsive for complex problems. 3. Pricing: Pricing model is quite overwhelming when it comes to having a big network. 4. A web project should be created as 2 different prototypes if it is to be used on desktop and mobile.

David from belkadigital srl

Doesn't keep the pace with other tools

Pros

One of the things I've always loved of Invision is its ease of sharing all my projects with my colleagues or clients. The app is cool any easy to use. The sketch/PS tools plugin are useful and the inspect tool helped me a lot of times, as a developer.

Cons

InVision still lacks of features that we have in Sketch and, better of both, Figma. The smoothness, ease of share, independence from any OS are crucial and that's why we chose Figma. It still has some bugs that come up with BIG projects such as linking to a specific element of a mockup and so on. I am really upset as a developer because it limits my communication with our designers.

Quinn from Quinn Ballard Photography

Industry: Photography

InVision has helped me eliminate lots of back and forth emails with clients

InVision has helped me and my clients communicate better and save time. It's one of the few services I use that clients have gone out of their way to tell me how easy and quick it was for them to use. The old way of reviewing images for edits (noting the filename, describing each picture and the edits they need, and sending over a long back and forth email chain) was a waste of time and sometimes confusing. InVision has been a huge time-saver for everyone.

Pros

InVision has helped me and my photo clients easily review and make notes on photoshoot images without having to dig through emails or keep track of filenames. I work with interior designers and architects and there are usually several parts on one photo that might need to be edited (remove outlet, replace cracked brick, replace light bulb, smooth wrinkles on sofa, etc.). InVision is great because a client can put a marker on specific locations on a photo and write a note about it. That way, I can see exactly where their note is referring to and there's no confusion or wasted time for them (or me).

Cons

As of early 2019, there is no way to sort images on a Board by any kind of criteria (New > Old, By Filename, Modified Most Recently > Least Recently). This makes it particularly hard when I have arranged images in a certain flow and when I want to swap the order of only two images the entire Board can get rearranged. There have been times where I will drag one image to the left or right and 10 or more images move to a completely random new place. I reached out to support about, they were able to confirm the arranging behavior for Boards can be a little wonky because of how InVision prioritizes maximizing screen space and sometimes auto arranges by image dimension, and at this time there is not enough demand to fix it. It's not a deal breaker, but I have found myself fiddling with trying to rearrange the entire board back to its intended order after only moving one pic around.

Simple, fast to produce prototyping tool with great integrations into desktop design apps

Simple, fast, primitive prototyping tool for web/mobile design.

Pros

I love the Sketch integration. I regularly plot out an interactive flow in a Sketch file, make use of the Craft by Invision plugin and map out all of the interactive elements and which screen they should go to from within my Sketch file, then use the upload button to create a new prototype. I also use the Live Embed feature to place images in Confluence pages. What this means is that my designs are always up-to-date in multiple places. My team mates and stakeholders love the ability to comment directly inside a shared prototype, and this is a great way for me to engage them within a fairly high-context environment and also for them to see that feedback is being addressed. I've recently started using the hotspot templates which has also been incredibly useful for certain scenarios. It also has a similar integration with Adobe Photoshop, but I have never used it.

Cons

The biggest thing that is missing with Invision, for me, is that the (web) prototypes are very primitive. They are basically clickable slideshows, with some minor interaction options like layering with animations for menus etc. It unfortunately breaks down the moment I need to prototype anything with independently scrolling divs or sticky elements (not including headers/footers). I would love to see a feature where symbols in Sketch could be used to define :hover styles and generate the additional screens needed for that, to make prototypes feel much more responsive. At the moment, for anything slightly more interactive than a standard flow, I have to resort to coding a prototype in Jsbin or similar (and hosting it)

Rejin from Endurance International

Great tool to easily showcase wireframes, gather feedback and promote faster development

It's a great tool for designers to gather quick feedback on their designers and it also helps developers to some extent.

Pros

The best feature of Invision I would say it's ability to sync with design apps like Photoshop and Sketch. It becomes easier for designers to quickly create flow mockups to provide for stakeholder reviews. It has a comment tab wherein any one can click on any location and comment specifically for that location for better clarity. It also helps developers with its develop mode. This provides for easy copy of text and colours in an element and almost accurate styling to use. This also has an assets tab wherein the designer can add in assets required for the development of the project in a highly organized manner.

Cons

One of the issues I faced with copy pasting text from Invision into my code is that it included rich text, which renders as gibberish on a web page. One other con I felt was that sometimes it becomes difficult to find out the distance between two elements specifically when a text element is involved (Height of the element is set automatically even though it's not needed). It becomes a little difficult to set padding or margin in our code accordingly.

Daniel from Diario Meridiano

Industry: Graphic Design

Power the designer

Pros

Design, programming and ingenuity converge in a powerful application that gives free rein to the imagination for a better and pleasant experience in all graphic aspects. What is it called? InVision That's right, this tool allows you to design and generate a number of graphic projects to increase the visual quality of a company. Large companies use this tool to manage their platforms and thus have a striking and pleasant use of their products. Undoubtedly, the verb "design" is implemented at every moment of its use, because you need to have design and layout projects to be able to use this platform, which also provides a series of professional tools for its execution. With this application you will see the graphic quality in the design and customization of the different systems that will give a better relief in the market to your system. An example of this, as cited by the company that created this application, is the number of users that today have been complemented with this software and consider it of vital importance for the gestation of new virtual designs. Its use, creates powerful prototypes, and can be used by several users, so it can provide a better experience when using it. In addition, as if it were not enough, you have the possibility to observe other design creations that different companies or users have made, in order to generate more ideas at the moment of any graphic creation. It is clearly an important tool for any graphic designer

Cons

To be a diagramming application, its use is quite complex, and only the most studied in the field can make use of this tool. Also, the way to get familiar with the user is not so simple. It takes time and study of the application to be able to find a perfect use of the app. By having all the clear concepts and functionalities that are granted, you can do wonders of designs, the most perfect and powerful in the market.

Amy from Self-Employed

I use Invision to collaborate with remote teams and it has been fantastic as a communication tool!

Easy collaboration amongst remote teams, as well as a great client presentation resource.

Pros

I love the comments feature on the design prototypes. This allows for much more efficient feedback loops when you can comment directly on the prototype and keeps conversation streams clear. I have also began using the moodboards on the platform which has been fantastic for project kickoffs!

Cons

I wish it could integrate with Illustrator as easily as it does with SketchApp and Photoshop. I have began using this beyond SaaS, web and app design and would love to export my information designs directly to Invision!

Response from InVision

Replied February 2018

Hi Amy, we are thrilled to hear that InVision improves your workflow and that you enjoy using the product. We noticed youre an active InVision user and design enthusiast, and we'd love to discuss inviting you to be a part of our exclusive, invitation-only Community Ambassador program! We recently launched the InVision Community to create a place where people can talk about their InVision projects and InVision features, design trends, prototyping and workflows, collaboration, and more. Its also a place where users can post any questions they have about InVision. Community Ambassadors get the opportunity to talk shop with other world-class designers and share their unique insights by helping answer questions from designers who post in the Community. If youre interested in learning more about the InVision Community and the perks of our Community Ambassador program, please contact me at shainat@invisionapp.com!

A must for UX designers

Honestly, I've not found a big enough reason YET to switch to one of their competitors, so I'll be staying with Invision for the foreseeable future, but it not be for long.

Pros

What started out as a single product for creating and sharing prototypes, has now become a suite of products: - Invision Prototyping: which also gives you the ability to hand off screens to developers through Inspect, - Craft: A plugin for sketch that I find very useful. It lets you sync your file with Invision and has a feature that lets you input realistic data (names, numbers, address, and other content) - DSM: I've not yet used this on a live project, but hope to in the future

Cons

The fact that Invision is growing so rapidly seems to have affected the quality of their products. I've faced numerous issues with Invision prototyping where the screens don't get updated after syncing, or the prototyping links are forgotten, or comments are lost. In addition to this, they have not really updated their feature set in a while. Marvel has a very useful feature that gives you a flowchart view of your prototype that I wish Invision would also get.

UTKARSH from Screenroot Technologies

The best software to present you work

This software has really simplified the process of presenting and sharing our work with internal teams and clients. The fact that Invision is simple and easy to use, it saves a lot of time and efforts. We don't rely on presentations anymore and we just send a clickable link to the client.

Pros

The best thing I like about Invision is that it makes our work presentable and appealing. Its simple to use as you just have to drag and drop your screens and create a link that can be shared with anyone. You can also convert your design into a clickable prototype and understand how the interaction will work. This feature just elevates your designs without even spending too much time and effort.

Cons

The biggest thing that I don't like about Invision is that it changes the order of the files sometimes. I assume that it is a bug and not a function of the app but it really creates a lot of confusion if you have shared the link with the client. The other things I don't like about this software is that it does not have integration with Figma and I have to export and upload my screens each time the client asks for iterations

Good and pretty prototyping tool

In our company we use invision when collaborating on designs with the client. It is very easy and convenient: once designers upload mock-ups into invision, you can go through the mock-ups with the client, commenting everything as you notice it, and later designers receive all the comments into their mail and resolve and mark them out. Also you can mark certain regions of designs to work as links to other screens, very convenient when you want to show the client how this site/app will work. Moreover, you can use this prototype for product decisions as well, showing it to the users and gathering some data. The only drawback is the loading speed, I can remember when our entire team had to wait for quite a long time till invision loads and sometimes we couldn't understand why it doesn't load at all. But overall I like the software and would definitely recommend it.

Pros

* You can prototype your website or application easily. * Nice collaboration tool: other people can review your prototypes, leave comments, resolve previous discussions, etc.

Cons

Interface is very heavy, sometimes you have to wait for a very long time while invision loads up. I don't understand why the developers couldn't foresee the situation that if you have lots of graphics in your prototype, you should think about a solution to load everything quickly (say, to allow to make graphics quality worse).

Ruth from Glasshat

Great for creating live and clickable prototypes

Decreases the amount of back and forth time between marketing teams, clients and development teams. A great tool for making sure everyone is on the same page - before any full development work gets done.

Pros

One of the best things about this is that the prototypes you create are live and you can click on them - so if I wanted to show the rest of the team what it would look like if a user scrolled I could. This also makes it great when you're demoing an idea to clients. Another great feature is the ability to give feedback. I recently used invision in a project with an offshore design team. I was able to easily log on and add comments to the prototypes. You can highlight areas you're referring to easily to avoid any confusion.

Cons

It can be quite difficult to get the hang of to start with and I found it quite time consuming when it comes to linking every button up to another page if you want to demonstrate a 'live version'.

Response from InVision

Replied February 2018

Hi Ruth, we are thrilled to hear that InVision improves your workflow and that you enjoy using the product. We noticed youre an active InVision user and design enthusiast, and we'd love to discuss inviting you to be a part of our exclusive, invitation-only Community Ambassador program! We recently launched the InVision Community to create a place where people can talk about their InVision projects and InVision features, design trends, prototyping and workflows, collaboration, and more. Its also a place where users can post any questions they have about InVision. Community Ambassadors get the opportunity to talk shop with other world-class designers and share their unique insights by helping answer questions from designers who post in the Community. If youre interested in learning more about the InVision Community and the perks of our Community Ambassador program, please contact me at shainat@invisionapp.com!

Uro from Active Collab

InVision has quickly became an industry standard

Pros

Key point of preference for us to use InVision has always been its simplicity. You just export the files, import to InVision, click-click-click and your prototype is set up. Especially when they came out with the integration with Sketch and eliminated the "click-click-click" part. Beautiful. Sharing and commenting is also very handy, everything happens within one place, and the projects keeps moving forward.

Cons

Organizing screens within one prototype can sometimes be really cumbersome, the files are never in the order you expect them to be in, it's hard to find the ones that you need at the time you need them, and controls over the screens are sometimes too hidden.

Reasons for Choosing InVision

At the time, InVision was more developed and had more features and community around it.

Reviewing designs with clients

We are using InVision to build a website for a client and it has really helped streamline the experience. We don't spend time pulling things up or building presentations, and our client is able to view and comment on designs later to streamline the feedback process. Overall, we will continue using InVision for this project and many to come!

Pros

At our creative agency, we use InVision to upload sketch or other technical design files so that we can share them in a user-friendly way for client presentations. I love using InVision in this way because we can create a central hub of all our designs and the client can easily see which one they want to review. Comment mode is also really handy because it allows them to click wherever they want and make an annotation of an edit. Overall, InVision is a great tool for displaying and collaborating on design.

Cons

There is not really an easy way to print or download files from InVision. Sometimes I want to just download a pdf of a single page and it doesn't work like that I have to screen shot things and piece it together. It does give you the option of downloading all of the designs but for some projects, that is 200+ pages and takes forever. I wish there was a better sharing/printing/downloading function.

Can't got a day of work without Invision

Pros

Invision is a must for a technical product team. As a designer, I use it daily to share designs with my product team (devs/QA/PM), receive feedback, test prototypes with users. It is the only tool of its caliber that can handle all my team's needs. Plus, they have the best design blog I have ever read. It integrates seamlessly with Sketch, which makes exporting my designs an effortless process. Their new Design System Manager is a must too!

Cons

The main fault I have found in Invision is its workflow for designs in progress. Since it integrates so seamlessly with Sketch, when I make a change it is automatically pushed to Invision through their Craft plugin. However, if a developer has already started working on a story with that specific prototype, there is no easy way to notify them of the change that occurred. This often leads to minor issues with inconsistencies.

Harlie from Mission

I like invision!

There are probably more uses to Invision than what we use it for but for our purpose this works well. We can all work on a shared workspace, and invite other to collaborate.

Pros

We use this to show the round of our design internally and externally to clients for review. I really like how invision works and the options to comment (and check when resolved) on work, as well as see archived versions of existing projects. Being able to click through changes is amazing when sometimes a task has gone through many rounds or multiple people. i love that you can also just drag and drop files on top of existing ones to replace them rather than having to click through your computer.

Cons

It has some issues in certain web browsers. I've found that I can't upload multiple files especially by drag and drop in chrome otherwise it shows up as half uploaded and give errors. Sometimes things previews don't load correctly as well, which isn't terrible but gives an unfinished impression. It also is irritating that if you search for something in your workspace, click on a result and then go back.. you have to do the same search again. That info shouldn't clear, but alas could be worse.

Thomas from TD3 Creative

Amazing for design prototyping

I am a designer by trade and I use this app for prototyping my designs to show to clients. My experience with Invision app has been great in both using it and my clients navigating through my proofs.

Pros

The best part about theInvision app is how seamless it is to your own work space. It is simply excellent for showing clients my design prototypes. The idea that I can edit the proofs in real time or conduct a working meeting through this app with my clients is a very powerful feature. I use this app for every one of my projects.

Cons

The price is just a touch too expensive. I work it into my bottom line at this point but it could be cheaper.

Reasons for Choosing InVision

A vendor recommended Invision app to me. I signed up and never looked back.

Luisana from Analiticom

Easy, fast and organized.

The most important benefit is that we can have a clear and objective communication with the customer, which allows us to work agile and comfortable. The work is fluid and there is no confusion when discussing changes in defined prototypes.

Pros

Invision is a tool that allows us to easily organize our projects and have an understandable communication with our clients. Thanks to this tool you can take a better control of the projects, which includes changes, customer opinions (which are always very valuable) and as a consequence the achievement of the objectives is done without problem, which allows us to have satisfied the client .

Cons

What I least like is that there is no offline version to work on. It would be great to have an application on the phone or downloadable on our computers.

Response from InVision

Replied February 2018

Hi Luisana, we are thrilled to hear that InVision improves your workflow and that you enjoy using the product. We noticed youre an active InVision user and design enthusiast, and we'd love to discuss inviting you to be a part of our exclusive, invitation-only Community Ambassador program! We recently launched the InVision Community to create a place where people can talk about their InVision projects and InVision features, design trends, prototyping and workflows, collaboration, and more. Its also a place where users can post any questions they have about InVision. Community Ambassadors get the opportunity to talk shop with other world-class designers and share their unique insights by helping answer questions from designers who post in the Community. If youre interested in learning more about the InVision Community and the perks of our Community Ambassador program, please contact me at shainat@invisionapp.com!

Joo Victor from SumUp

Quick prototyping tool that integrates with design tools

InVision is a great tool for simple prototypes that you can easily share with anyone. It has integrations with design tools such as Sketch and it also has a growing environment of other features that can help with the design process, such as collaborative sketching.

Pros

With is integration with tools such as Sketch, is very easy to export artboards into InVision and quickly build a simple prototype that can be shared to desktop and mobile devices. It also has a growing environment of useful tools such as Freehand (a collaborative sketching tool) that integrates with other InVision solutions.

Cons

InVision does not have many options for developing advanced interactive prototypes. If you need to build a prototype with custom animations and timeline managing (for instance, easing effects) you'll need to resort to another tool.

Amy from Global Cloud

Prototyping and Collaboration

We needed a software that made collaborating as a team a lot more organized. We also needed a way to present prototypes to clients that were realistic and gave them the ability to comment directly on the screens.

Pros

This software has completely changed the way our team works together and how work is presented and collaborated on with our clients. Its made organizing feedback way more efficient and asking questions has become real time with context because comments can be dropped directly on mockups. This has made us a stronger team and I can't imagine working without it.

Cons

The only con is that we can't have projects with different screen sizes. It would be nice to organize a project that has both desktop and mobile mockups in the same area, right now you have to make completely separate prototypes.

Chamath from AdSpark.IO

InVision has made my life so much easier

I generally recommend this app to anyone. It saves a lot of my time and energy and it makes communicating with my clients more fun and in-context. I will be waiting for app updates as I am positive the developers can improve more on the cons I cited.

Pros

Before using InVision, I have also tried using similar interactive presentation platforms. However, this app is by far the best in this segment. Moreover, this is not to say that it is perfect because I noticed several points of improvement which I think the developers need to put focus on in order to maximize the functionality of this technology in-line with the actual needs and preferences of its users. Pros - 1. Interactive interface InVision has made my life so much easier, to be honest. Before this app, I usually have to send my designs as .pdf file or take screen shots to send to clients. Upon using InVision, it got easier to discuss a project with a client through its real-time interactive interface. I can easily view my client's comments and requests in context and I can edit the design right away. 2. Free-hand sketching This is indeed a revolutionary feature that I very much enjoy. It allows users to take full control of the creative designing, with adequate available in-app tools to create excellent designs.

Cons

Cons - 1. Few choices of animations and transitions There should be more choices for this. Right now, I keep on using the same ones for different projects. Adding more animations and transitions will allow users to integrate more action, and vibrance to each presentation, removing the monotony. 2. App loading time in mobile It takes a while before the app is ready for use after launching. It is not that much bothering as I can use it smoothly once it loads, but it could be quicker.

Joe from RevUnit

InVision is a critical part of our workflow. Keeps getting better.

InVision has made product developments much more collaborative and inclusive process for my teams. The visibility it allows for is top notch. Really looking forward to the potential for streamlining our entire workflow into a single platform.

Pros

The product is continually evolving into a mission critical platform, as opposed to a nice to have tool. The prototyping capabilities, workflow management, and boards are great. My team is really excited to give Studio and Design Systems Manager a run.

Cons

We had a call with the enterprise to explore that for our team. The person we talked to couldn't answer any of our questions. Felt really ill equipped to be on the call, and it left a bad impression on us. Their Craft plugin for Sketch is nice in theory, but is consistently the most buggy plugin my team uses.

Best Prototype Software

In the company, Invision is definitely the preferred choice when it comes to creating prototypes for our clients and we also recommend it to all agencies, clients or freelancers that we have come in contact with. As a friendly advice, make sure our art boards have the same names so you can make fast updates in real time. It has also helped us when we needed to do user testing before we start on the development, which saved our clients a lot of money. Really worth the try if you work in IT industry.

Pros

There are many things to love about it, depending on what you are using it for. As a Project Manager I use it to easily show UX and UI to my clients, they are very happy with it as they can just click around and feel how their website or app would be. It shortens the amount of time that it takes to make changes and decisions. You can just write comments in Invision and the designers can see them immediately. It also Syncs with Sketch, which is a time saver for Apple users. In general this tool has saved us a lot of headaches with it comes to communicating designs and user flow with clients, and the clients are happy as they click around and it is not just static.

Cons

You can only have one free project at a time is the main disadvantage, as if you are a small company or a freelancer it can be pricey. Also more screen transition options would be appreciated. Some bugs can occur once in a while with the micro interactions into prototypes but it is nothing that I bother with, no software is perfect after all.

Mario from Koombea Inc.

Easiest tool for design prototyping out there.

We use sketch as our UI tool, it has a plugin that allows us to submit all screens to invision product with one single click, also all screens linked from sketch linking tool. If you use Sketch, adding invision to your tech stack will give a velocity in your design process and prototyped as never before.

Pros

- The way you can easily create live/clickable prototypes - Support mobile and web prototypes - comments directly in the platform - support history and review older version - drag and drop editor to organize screens

Cons

- can't support mobile device change, you have to create a new prototype if you want a white iPhone instead of the black - can't remove a screen from the details, you have to go back to the view all screens - link to other pages have to be done from the details, would like a better way to do it having all screens at glance - for a small business plans are not good, only few projects - comments filters are minimum, no search

Zac from Wavetronix

Still the industry standard, for now...

I use InVision to prototype and handoff interface designs.

Pros

I love the Craft plugin with InVision. It really elevated my workflow and allows me to make special use of the prototyping and Inspect features offered by InVision. Ive used Craft to prototype a massive software project and its been so easy to update and continue to grow. When it comes to handing off the prototype, Inspect has saved me multiple times. It makes it so easy for developers to build because they get all the details with Inspect.

Cons

I strongly dislike the animation features. The presets are gimmicky and clunky. I also dislike the handoff to other software to mock-up more complex animations. Its a tedious process that takes way too long.

Gina from Moby

Prototyping, made easy

Pros

I really enjoy how easy this product is to use. Having never used it to using it almost on a daily basis, it's become our "go-to" tool for displaying design, communication for annotating wireframes and a method of communication between the company and the client.

Cons

I wish that there were the ability to create project folders. Especially when you have a handful of people creating prototypes, it can be difficult to find the prototype you want. When you do request a feature, you get fed back a script of how they will add it to the feature list and if enough people want it, they will consider adding it to the product. When asking about the status of such request, you will not get a straightforward response.

Carlos from Imaginamos

The easiest way to show and sell a prototype

It is very useful for a client to know how the flow of an interface works. Also, you save a lot of time explaining to a client how and where a button will take you in an experience. InVision makes you look like a real professional.

Pros

InVision is a great tool to create and link prototypes. It is very easy to use and to configure. You can select a lot of devices to link so the possibilities are a lot. Also, they offer a plugin that helps you uploading your designs from Sketch or Photoshop, this is very useful to save time exporting the designs. It adds value to a client when you show them a close look to the flow of an interface, this is what InVision is made for.

Cons

In general, this software is well done but sometimes, when you upload a design, it takes a time to update it in the platform. I think that the price for the pro version is well balanced compared with all the things you can have from it.

Diego from Valencia College

Stylish, easy to use and overall a useful tool for designers

I used this for some basic app design drafting and I can't complain, because it delivered in terms of me being to showcase my app in detail. However, its price tag and lack of robust features kept me away from keeping it beyond the free version.

Pros

It's very well designed, it's rather easy to get into if you're new to wire framing or app design. The overall product is great for portability and sharing with clients/peers. It allows for a very stylish way to showcase an app idea and do sort of a real-life run-through of how it will look. It offers great integration with Photoshop or Sketch.

Cons

The free version only allows one project upload. If you work independently, it's a rather expensive investment for what it offers. It's also lacking some advanced features (like advanced animation) that would make it a more serious and worthy of its price tag.

Alyssa from Evolve Healthcare Marketing

Simple, functional, and effective prototyping platform

I've been using InVision for years now to build interactive mobile and web prototypes and have almost no complaints. This is by far the best prototyping software I've used, and I recommend it to any designer looking to build interactive prototypes quickly.

Pros

Easy to use, functional, and effective prototyping platform. The platform is easy to learn and you can quickly build prototypes in minutes. Also, the Craft plugin for Sketch is awesome. Craft allows you to easily update your Sketch artboards in InVision without ever leaving the app.

Cons

Load times slow down significantly when using HD artboards, so you may be forced to use low-quality mockups when building prototypes with multiple pages. No ability to use videos or GIFS in prototypes. Option to set a fixed navigation is great, but there is no support for adaptive fixed navigations. For example, if your nav looks different on initial load vs. when scrolling, this can not be reflected in InVision. New InVision studio app is a great concept, but glitchy stick to using something else until the bugs are worked out.

Rob from Thinkware LLC

Fantastic Design Tool for Supporting Iterations and Feedback on Interactions

Pros

I love this software because it makes it so easy for me to work with our design team on seeing and interacting with screen designs and interactions. Designers can upload/create the various web pages or mobile screens along with tap zones that then allow me to "run" the screen prototype to get a feel for how the design will work. This is critical for interaction design and information architecture design. And we can support these cycles without having to literally code them saving on time and cost. I also really like how you can run these as mobile "native" app prototypes as well. The tap zones can be highlighted so that users know what is "available" to be interacted with inside the screen prototype. It also supports the ability to easily comment on each screen facilitating communication between designers, product managers, engineers, etc. Finally, the actual UX specs can also be obtained via the tool for RGB values, font sizes etc. This helps the development teams code the actual design.

Cons

Not much. I like it all! Perhaps the one thing would be that it's not super easy to get screenshots out of the tool. Particularly for long web pages, this would be nice to have. There is a way to get the underlying image but it takes several clicks per screen which can be tedious and time-consuming.

Flavio from Avenue

Excellent tool for design presentations and collaboration

Benefits include: - Ability to quickly create boards and share visual presentations with clients - Comment functionality allows for quick, direct collaboration on specific UI elements and interactions - Multiple devices and screen sizes available for presentations

Pros

Invision has been an invaluable tool for our design studio for a number of years now. Packed with features it allows us to quickly present and share our designs with clients, whilst including tools for direct feedback and collaboration. Highly recommended.

Cons

In the past Invision used to have a screen sharing feature that has since been replaced with a visual 'board' tool that doesn't quite work for us. It might however be a great tool for others.

Emanuel from Autoweb, Inc.

Great prototyping tool

Is a great tool to quick prototype experiences and share for feedback, the ease of use make it really quick to connect experiences. And the chance to use the Craft plug in directly into the design software makes it a breeze to export a whole project onto the invision site.

Pros

Ease of use, integration with design software, the opportunity to share the prototype with anyone for feedback (not just d fined users), freehand is a great collaborative tool inside Invision that lets you share live with collaborators in the project to review, edit or change sections of the designed project.

Cons

The prototype is a bit stiff, lacks some of the ability to integrate custom animations, and its a bit pricey.

Daniel from Innova4J

Invision Revolution.

InVision helps all of us who sometimes design and create prototypes, to have the greatest number of elements requested by the client, in addition to showing that they can be minimalist and with a deep quality. Happy with the results that InVision gives us.

Pros

A wonderful application to make and share prototypes, whether for web, Android or Iphone (the main ones), has Invision. They have been able to offer technology, since the prototypes are very interactive and can possess background data. In addition to receiving information or data, when they are published. Invision opens us to a fantastic world of design and prototype; That meet high standards in terms of quality. It offers its free version and payment (the latter with greater benefits).

Cons

There is not much that I do not like in Invision, since I use it and I love it. I think maybe some things that can be added as another product is project management, although they already have a task management, but project management will help a lot. The allocation of project or portfolio management would create a level higher than that of InVision. I would create it more powerful since it would not be necessary to leave the application to mark prototypes made and hours invested in each one, with reports. The prototypes for VR and MR are also improved. Of the rest enchanted with InVision.

Keerthi from infosys limited

Easy and Best prototyping tool

Very easy to collaborate between the teams and client partners, and design mobile UX, or a responsive UX easily.

Pros

One of the main challenges of designing a web portal or any UX experience is to gauge the feel of the user would get while using the portal, or bringing their idea to life. InVision product really helped us achieve that user vision to a rapid prototyping tool where the clients can click and play with the webpage and experience the real site before it gets down to actual implementation. The customizations offered on the tool are very user friendly to develop and for the clients to annotate as well.

Cons

There is a learning curve associated with the usage of the software initially. It would be cool if the images and code pseudo code were extractable easily.

A tool I use for every UX project

Overall, this tool has done nothing but improve my day-to-day workflow.

Pros

There are so many things I love about InVision. I love how the Craft plugin is so easy to use that I can sync by designs to InVision effortlessly. Plus, this software makes collaboration even easier with comment mode. The inspect mode also allows devs to quickly grab CSS straight from my designs.

Cons

I don't have many cons. My only complaint is that when using the build mode, it can be buggy at times. I'll go to drag a hotspot but nothing shows so I have to flip to preview mode then back to build mode and then I see this giant hotspot. I can delete it so it's not a huge deal but it does get quite tedious have to switch back and forth so much to be able to create a new hotspot.