• icon"Quick Base is a solid way to visualize and share data with controls. It serves well as a data repository and tool for displaying large data sets."
  • icon"The forms and intuitive charts are one among the best things in QuickBase apart from APIs and custom pages."
  • icon"Apps can be set to not be available to all employees -- which is useful for both security, as well as efficiency. I like not having to browse 99 tabs to find the one I need."
  • icon"It's hard to get started developing these because they don't have developer accounts, and the trial is only 30 days long."
  • icon"This software lacks a lot of features that should be integrated and contacting support can be a pain."
  • icon"Constant error messages after editing your data."

Browse all Quickbase Reviews

• Have you used Quickbase and would like to share your experience with others?

Brad

Quickbase transformed our business

My company is an energy efficiency contracting business with 20+ employees and $2.5M in annual revenue across residential and commercial business lines. Before we used Quickbase, we had used a combination of other software, and a proprietary software we built to manage our operations. Where these software fell short, Quickbase far exceeded. Simply put the ability create, extend, and change our application to meet our specific needs in a constantly changing environment is powerful. Our application has become our CRM, Project Management, and Operational tracking ad reporting software all built into one with a lot of automation and integration to boot!

Pros

Developing on Quickbase is incredibly easy. Most business operators with basic business software instincts can start building in Quickbase immediately, or they can choose an application on their exchange to start off with. Beyond the basics, where Quickbase really shines is how robust of a platform it is with incredible functionality including beautiful reporting, dynamic filtering, formula fields and form logic, integration ability, and more. There's always a new trick you can learn in Quickbase. In terms of usability, that's really all in the app your choose to use or build. It can be really clunky or sleek. All depends on your ability to build a usable app. The design of the interface is basic, but they're in the process of rolling out a new UI called Mercury that looks great.

Cons

Quickbase does not provide a ton of customer support. They rely on an incredible community of users and developers as well as approved Quickbase Solutions Providers (QSPs) that customers can contract with for help with building their applications. But if you're looking to go at it on your own, you will have to dig if you need help with something. As savvy of as Quickbase user I am, it took me three years before I even learned that I had an account manager at Quickbase.

Cody

Quick Base is a solid way to visualize and share data with controls

I have used Quick Base for a long time, and can get around easier than many of my colleagues. I view that as a mark against Quick Base, but overall it serves well as a place to store and visualize data for a distributed team.

Pros

Cons

Not as intuitive as some of the competitors, sometimes it takes 2-3 menu clicks to get where you're going.

Reasons for switching to Quickbase

Much better collaboration and visualization for our team.

─░brahim

October 2022

Pros

It has a database-oriented approach. It can also be considered as an online database. An ideal solution for people who use Excel. By creating a table with the web interface, you can automatically insert your excel data into it. You can create your own query screens, report screens, and even form entry screens with a single click. It is so useful. By switching to the mycustomapp tab, I can create as many tables as I want. I can make my changes by adding the columns I want to the tables.

Cons

Unable to define complex business rules. Only when entering the form, rules about the fields of the table can be defined (Required field, amount must be greater than 100 etc.).

Luis armando

November 2022

El.poder de la NUBE

Positiva pero se puede mejorar haciendo mas facil y accesible la.solucion

Pros

Poder subir a la nube y almacenar proyectos clave y.toda.informacion comercial de tareas de grupos de trabajo interno

Cons

Procesos complicados para trabajar a distancia.con grupos.de trabajo

Reasons for choosing Quickbase

Uso muchos productos segun la.sofisticacion de.el.grupo de trabajo la.solucion debe ser distinta y ad hoc

George

February 2016

Quickbase: the the missing link between applications and and business owners

I have used Quickbase for about 2 years now, and I have needed to create the application for my company from scratch. After having dabbled with the likes of designing a SQL or Access database, to creating a seemingly easier FileMaker application, Quickbase ended up winning those, hands down. From a UI/UX perspective, Quickbase is a very intuitive products. You will immediately notice the attention to detail in designing this product the very first time you run into an error in a formula, or any design element. All feedback from the application is so detailed to the point where it practically resolves the issue for you. No other application has ever done that for me. Furthermore, it allows even a non-technical user create fairly complex applications that are far from achievable using a normal database product. Even if you are looking to create certain more advanced functionality in Quickbase, for instance, interacting with other applications via the API, you have native connectors within Quickbase which is constantly growing, and you can use applications like Zapier to further than integration without requiring any programming knowledge. I can write about the benefits of this application for pages, but, I will just say that, if you are drowning in Excel sheets to run your business, and have no way to link your data in an elegant way, do yourself a favor, and check out Quickbase for this purpose.

Pros

- Easy of use (Great UI/UX) - Flexible Interface - Scalable - Supports a full API for integration to virtually any other application - Allows for scaling to a multi-user application, allowing for complex workflows to match business process. - It's a mature product, which means that you would hard pressed to ask a question that hasn't already been answered by one of the Quickbase geniuses in the community forums. - The community support is fantastic, and their support is very quick and efficient.

Cons

- Reports are not easily formattable. So, if you want to send out reports to your clients, or internally within the company, you would have to resort to 3rd party tools to allow for such functionality. I'm hoping that Quickbase will work on this particular aspect of their reporting in future releases.

Response from QuickBase

Thanks for the fantastic review, George! Glad to hear QuickBase is working for you and your organization. We are always working to enhance QuickBase -- including updating our reporting options -- so please stay tuned for great new features in the future!

Replied February 2016

Christine

Quickbase as a practice management solution

Quickbase has taken us to another step in management of our growing practice and has allowed us to circulate some responsibilities easily as well as generate reports that can support a concrete understanding of the projects and programs that we are managing across the practice over time and by scale.

Pros

Quickbase offers an overall troubleshooting solution for our organizations practice management needs which has allowed us to move from a bottlenecking of administrative processes ranging from client relationship management to reimbursement processing for consultants.

Cons

Its not super user friendly and there are limited bells and whistles. Its not well connected to other services or applications that we use, google and trello as examples of what would be useful but are not included for this application.

Reasons for choosing Quickbase

Familiarity with the program on the part of one of our administrators was a key factor as they could most easily support a transition versus learning a new alternative.

Reasons for switching to Quickbase

We wanted something with more complex modifications for our uses.

Industry: Political Organization

September 2015

Quickbase: Easy to Learn, Rewarding to Master

I have been using Quickbase since July of 2011 with my consulting firm that specializes in making Operations, Logistics, and Finance-related applications for many clients in the Washington, DC area. Coming from a statistics programming background, I found it very easy to start making simple relational databases and customize the user experience to my liking. Over the years, Quickbase has only gotten better in offering more options and polish, while still remaining stable and very robust for any number of use cases. One downside to being such a broad tool is that our clients sometimes don't even think to ask if something can be done in Quickbase, and instead wasting money on a more targeted application that is more out of the box ready. We commonly find that with new clients, making a simple app starts to open up the "what ifs" in their mind on what can be done in Quickbase. This is made even easier these days with the Quickbase App Exchange, showcasing beginner level applications, and the new Quickbase Sync which allows out of the box (one-way) data transfers from several 3rd party applications. Overall as a developer, the more time you put into exploring what Quickbase can do, the more possibilities there are in meeting requirements for potential projects.

Pros

Easy to set-up, but has a lot of depth for those willing to take the time to learn. Low-code and great for experienced Excel and Google Sheets formula writers.

Cons

They are working on this, but the front end often receives complaints for looking too plain. Also the summary aggregation reports are in need of some TLC, and adding more functionality for picky executives who want things to look a certain way. I hope the attention they are putting into the very nice looking graphs and charting options is turned to Summary Reports soon!

April 2022

Quickbase's Project Pipeline and Task Management features make it simple to keep track of projects

Hundreds of websites are the subject of bids from a wide range of potential buyers. Instead of distributing Excel spreadsheets, all the information is kept in one location. It's possible for all of the departments involved to enter their own data. Upon completion of the data review and confirmation, the Project Administrator returns the completed work to the client for award and/or contract fulfillment. We've made it easier to show analytics by digitizing our data and centralizing it across all of our departments. Good experience for retail companies!

Pros

While it can be set up in a matter of minutes, it's usually best to discuss the application's needs before getting started.

Cons

Reports are difficult to format. There are third-party tools that allow for the functionality of sending reports to your clients or within your company. The reporting aspect of Quickbase is something I'd like to see improved upon.

Mary

July 2022

Great Workflow Automation

Pros

Once it's built and all the details completed, it makes workflow emails, notifications, spreadsheets, and charts/graphs really easy to get a live view for everyone.

Cons

The time to build out the applications correctly and the amount of training needed to use this software.

Hien

November 2022

Quickbase is absolutely a need for micro-management plus saving time

Really good overall for a small tech business

Pros

This app totally for a Marketing professional but yet low-code implication. I really love the app due to the easy deployment for my team and especially for Sales team to follow up on contract management

Cons

The user experience is really not interested by me - a young generations. I hope it could be have more templates that fits young user's aesthetic.

Quickbase has a lot of potential and power, but is possibly a steep investment

It allowed us to replace an old program that was obsolete and no longer supported by the original software developer, and streamline our company's data/workflow needs. However, we have to put up with system quirks we can't afford to fix.

Pros

Quickbase has some flexibility, it can hold a good amount of data, you can set user controls for different users, and it can be customized to fit your company's needs. You can build apps from scratch or find apps others have developed and incorporate them into your system. You can do custom reports for your company reports or data collection, and save these reports in a spreadsheet format. You can filter your reports as well. It's based on laymen's programming language. They have pretty good customer service.

Cons

Quickbase is expensive, especially the more users you have. Some features require paying a higher price each month. Quickbase's biggest downfall is if you have the app(s) customized to do something in your organization, i.e. barcode scanning or advanced reservation capabilities, then that section of the app will have advanced programming language that you might not be able to edit. Our company doesn't have app programmers, so since our app was customized, to make significant changes we'd need to shell out big bucks to one of their third-party developers, or we'd need to have a staffer who could make changes. However, different companies have different workflows, so there have been instances where even Quickbase customer support couldn't make a change to what the third-party developer created, so your own company's programmer might even be at a loss. This was very frustrating for our company since we were led to believe we'd invest more money upfront and then just pay to maintain the software and have the support we needed so the app would grow with our company, not end up costing more if we needed changes. If you're a big corporation with lots of money, this is probably the way to go, but if you're a small company you might want to think carefully before investing in Quickbase for anything requiring customization.

Great for small teams!

I would not recommend this to anyone not dealing with complex, or repetitive, data flow. There are better, simpler programs for it. I use it to track thousands of tiny, moving bits of information, and while I wouldn't say it's perfect -- it does a darn good job. QuickBase isn't that intuitive, but after a few weeks of loose training, it's still one of the better options and I found it reasonably easy to explore.

Pros

-It is highly customizable! You can add and remove features relatively easily. -Apps can be set to not be available to all employees -- which is useful for both security, as well as efficiency. I like not having to browse 99 tabs to find the one I need. -Online usage, nice for both in office and out of office work. -Data entry and updating are simple and straightforward, which makes training somewhat quick. -Broadly applicable across numerous industries, I've found it extremely useful for many different information communicating and recording purposes.

Cons

-To really make the most of QuickBase, there needs to be someone with high technology literacy to set everything up and troubleshoot. It can be used simply, but only if your needs are simple, and Quickbase will probably be more than you need if you're just looking for sales tracking or similar. -Though not difficult, adding new data points can be extremely time consuming. In a small workplace, it really does matter if someone needs to spend several days entering data into the same forms, hundreds of times, across different apps. Obviously, this will vary depending on what the needs are. -It takes a lot of clicks to get somewhere. A minor issue really, but I find it irritating to have to 10 things to get what I want because the search function isn't particularly sensitive.

Response from Intuit

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Customer feedback is highly encouraged as it allows us to bring your suggestions to life. We highly recommend that you take a look at the QuickBooks Blog. (https://intuit.me/2L2zqTv) This is where the latest product news is released. Wishing you a fantastic business year! -Hannah, The QuickBooks Team.

Replied August 2020

Nick

Industry: Facilities Services

An essential Project Management software.

A major benefit is being able to keep track of all your files in one place. Then taking that data in those files and converting it into reports and charts.

Pros

This software will bring you and your origination into the 21st century. What is considered the "norm" are Excel files and sheets. Well with QuickBase, the software allows the user to create Apps. What these apps can do is create an entire realm of excel sheets into one application. This eliminates the need to save and send and keep track of one or many excel files. By have one application house all of your files any user can log into QuickBase and continue to works where the last person left off. No need to save and send and wait on some else to finish their part. All the data the lives inside these apps are in a "live" state and the data is shown in real time. The other good part about QuickBase is all this data can be converted into reports and charts, allowing the end user to display visual aids to meet needs.

Cons

There are a few minor cons however I will not write them as they are mainly just pet peeves of mines. I would say one con is, it will take some time for a new user of this software to start building applications. Now I am not saying this is a long process if the person is willing to learn they will learn rather quickly. QuickBase also offers what is called QuickBase University, user can join this online training course to help rapidly learn how to use this software.

Marissa

Industry: Utilities

Highly Recommend for Unique Business Operations

Overall, we've been able to easily translate our spreadsheet and paper/pencil systems over to Quickbase. This has helped revolutionize our processes and save time for each department. We've also been able to quickly develop apps when COVID necessitated remote work.

Pros

The key feature of this product for us has been the ability to develop a customer-facing portal and internal platform for operations all within house. We have worked with other software companies previously to develop something along these lines, but it never worked out as we run a unique business model that is hard to explain to an outsider. The ability to use our own knowledge of the business to develop something internally has been a game changer for practicality and reducing expenses - software development is expensive!

Cons

Some items that could be better include ability to identify duplicates, ability to easily select an item in grid edit beyond 1000 records (we have clients with many many many locations), ability to rely on the user groups and have confidence that these users will have all apps added to their 'My Apps' page.

Reasons for switching to Quickbase

Cost to develop a personal platform was extremely expensive; software developers had a hard time understanding our business model and what our specific needs are.

Eric

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Title your review

Quickbase can be frustrating at times, but it has allowed us to do in a matter of a year or so what would have otherwise taken us close to a decade with skilled programmers building from scratch.

Pros

Quickbase is very easy to use, and production is fast. It supports a wide range of features and integrations which make managing and responding to your data very easy. The support and development teams are fantastic, and Quickbase is constantly rolling out new features to improve their platform.

Cons

Since Quickbase is a low-code platform, developers are only allowed to do what Quickbase supports without resorting to code. Don't misunderstand, there is a lot you can do with Quickbase natively, but if you want to add a feature that doesn't have native support, then you may find yourself building very complex data structures, or simply resorting to programming to get things done. The UI looks like it fell out of the 90s, but I understand that several recent updates and several planned updates are changing this in good ways.

Reasons for choosing Quickbase

The big deciding factors were Quickbase's availability in China, as well as the Grid Edit feature, which allows tables to be edited similarly to Excel Spreadsheets.

Albert

Quickbase is a Game-changer for Small Business Management

We have automated workflows and processes to reduce human error, especially in relation to deadlines and follow up tasks; we have been able to analyze our business in detail and make better informed decisions; we use quickbase in every aspect of our varied business - to process real estate transactions, compile and analyze business data, coordinate and run government grant programs, coordinate constructions projects and more.

Pros

Easy to begin immediately creating and customizing workflows and reporting; creates immediate and quantifiable time and resource savings. Automations increase these efficiency gains immensely and are easy to use.

Cons

Integrations and automations are extremely powerful tools that exponentially increase the value of quickbase but the switch from automations to pipelines presents a major issue in that pipelines are not intuitive or easy to use for the low-code manager. Without an easier to understand interface and/or much better documentation and support, the elimination of automations in favor of pipelines could be a major detractor from the usefulness of quickbase.

Quickbase is highly customizable

Quickbase is a good platform for mass creation of work orders or tasks, reporting on high levels and tracking work orders.

Pros

This software can be customized for your companies specific needs, can generate work orders and dispatch them, can be accessed via mobile app or web browser and has completely customizable reporting.

Cons

Unlike other work order generating platforms, this does not have a chat feature for the person work orders are dispatched to and the dispatcher integrated within the system.

Reasons for choosing Quickbase

Ease of use, cost and functionality.

Response from Quick Base

It's rewarding for us to hear about your experience with QuickBase. Helping you get the job done so you can spend more time doing what you love is what we're here for. Wishing you a year filled with success! - The QuickBase Team.

Replied July 2020