• Pros

• "It is easy to use, easy to set up, and once set up seems to be great capturing a lot of details."

• "It's easy to use and has helped us keep up with anything that goes wrong much faster than if we weren't using it."

• "Integration is super easy, and UI is good too."

• Cons

• "I love the free plan, but the next plan they offer is $30/mo. I wish there were more side-project-friendly pricing options. $30/mo for a project I host for free and is open source is a bit much."

• "Sometimes I feel something is going wrong with errors count but in general my experience is more than positive"

• "Support is a bit slow to respond, but after some initial lag they were helpful. A bit expensive"

Browse Rollbar Reviews

Daniel from Recipe Cost Calculator

Rollbar does its job and then gets out of your way (until you need it)

Super happy with Rollbar. Have used it on multiple projects, but in Recipe Cost Calculator specifically for probably at least seven years.

Pros

Rollbar was easy to integrate and provides multiple libraries to integrate depending on what languages you're programming in. It reports errors well, it's reliable, the API and libraries are super flexible. I'm sure I only use about 20% of the overall functionality.

Cons

Nothing that I *overly* dislike about Rollbar. I think that some of the UI could be improved a bit on the admin dashboard, some things are really nit-picky like I don't like the way that text or lines wrap in certain places. Any complaints I have would be bordering on trivial.

Christopher from Northwoods

I love you guys! If I could rate you higher than 10 I would!

AMAZING!

Pros

So There is a lot to unpack here: As a software developer, having access to the WEB DASHBOARD is amazing We start our day and prioritize our work around what we see in this dashboard, the SLACK INTEGRATION makes this process even better, as we can see errors in real time before the end-user and proactively respond without having to call or confirm what the user does thanks to THE WONDERFUL TELEMETRY that we get. Also we build software with Rails, JS, Python, AWS Lambda, and all of your libraries work the same way as expected. Wonderful! You also sent my company a blue rollbar shirt a few years ago - IT WAS SO COMFORTABLE! also: YOUR UPTIME is better than just about anyone - Auth0, Gitlab, Dockerhub - have all had issues this year with uptime , and the most we've seen from you all has only been a small delay in processing. Nothing major. ADDITIONALLY - I discovered a bug last month with rollbar and reported it to a community rep - AND YOU FIXED IT THIS RELEASE. FAST! As a fellow software developer I know how hard it is to get issues addressed, not to mention prioritized and deployed. In short I love you, and love your company and I tell everyone that!

Cons

I wish I could come up with something, but you astound me. I'd complain about a bug I found in Rollbar Js, but you fixed it in 2.18!

Reasons for Choosing Rollbar

We did a demo / test implementation of each and your solution just crushed them as far as ease of use and "it just works" ness

Ayhan from Adspert

Unusable product with no customer support

My overall experience with this product is quite negative. Last year I noticed that when my teammates mention me under a specific item (a bug) I didn't receive any emails. This is quite important because the product doesn't offer any alternatives to get notified about those issues. There are no webpage notifications. There is no way to search for bugs that you were mentioned. The only alternative is to go through hundreds of web pages and use Cmd + F to see if someone mentioned you, asked you a question, assigned a task to you, or some other thing that is important for your daily job. I wrote to their customer service explaining the issue. Our initial correspondence took almost a month for me to convince them there is in fact a problem and I didn't receive emails. After convincing them, I was told that I could get a reply in a few weeks. I followed up one month later, and they asked for a few more weeks. Another month passed and they basically said this was a low priority issue and they don't know if and when it will be fixed. I wasn't even offered any workarounds. Since then, I get an automated email from them once in a while asking me to rate their product. I give a low rating, explain the situation, a couple of months passes and I get the same email. I work in SaaS, I do understand the need for prioritization and the lack of resources but having a critical feature that doesn't work for a customer and not bothering to offer any alternatives are a big no for me.

Pros

It allows me to track some bugs and act quickly.

Cons

Lack of customer support and the bad user interface.

Alfredo from Audiense

Thanks to Rollbar we are able to provide proactive customer support

Limited capabilities for filtering slack notifications. Suspect deploys produces a lot of fake positives. Automatic grouping doesn't work so well. The frontend error tracking is too noisy as it detects also errors out of our scope as the errors provoked by browser extensions, bots, non-supported browsers, etc. This makes the frontend tracking useless as we can't trust the alerts as we do for the rest of the stacks.

Pros

Very powerful tracing at an individual level, easy to set up, very advanced querying capabilities, smart errors grouping, telemetry feature is quite powerful, the integration with slack is very good with a native experience. Github integration is also great.

Reasons for Choosing Rollbar

Cheaper and more specialized in the problems we wanted to solve: Realtime error tracking: it completes our feedback loop to detect errors as soon as we deploy new code. Its deployment integrations make it easier to guess what deploy introduced the bug. Debugging: the individual level tracing allows us to easily debug reported bugs. It is easy to enrich the errors with customers' properties that we can later filter by. Proactive customer support: notify customers about errors that probably they haven't noticed but we have already solved.

David from Wallester AS

Great error tracking tool for the money paid

Real-time error tracking, as soon an error pops up on test or production environment, we get an alert on slack and act on it.

Pros

It is simple to customize grouping rules, you can easily propagate notifications settings to all projects so they are matching, easy to customize, easy to integrate.

Cons

We have to pay much more to have a simple feature like viewing all projects' errors in a single view.

Reasons for Choosing Rollbar

For the easiness of integration, customization and simple UI interface to manage everything.

Michał from Software Consulting Michał Zalewski

The best error monitoring tool I ever used!

We used Rollbar for last few years and many projects and it always work great! Rollbar go fast forward for the last few years with a new features and improvements.

Pros

Rollbar is very easy to configure and use in our stack (Ruby + .NET + React). Rollbar gather error information with many details about situations it occurs. Interface is very intuitive and have option to set up many notification destinations (we use Slack + daily reports on mail).

Cons

We didn't experience any cons about Rollbar

Reasons for Choosing Rollbar

Rollbar is more intuitive and have a lot of integrations with existing frameworks like Vue, React, Rails

John from UXGent Limited

Easy to use and setup

Brilliant, literally set it and capture you errors.

Pros

I've used a lot of error tracking tools in the past but I was really pleased with Rollbar. For node applications it's very well laid out, keys are provided for you server and your client setup. Errors are tracked and logged for your application, broken down by which side the error occured. And if an error has been recurring you can track it and log it easily, plus the emails give a good breakdown of the error from the code side.

Cons

None at present, I may like the UI navigation to be improved so you can administer the setup quicker but once it's in place it kind of runs itself.

Reasons for Choosing Rollbar

The documentation. Fit well with our setup and how recent the api libraries were updated.

Gabriel from Pier

Good for heroku & first implementation

Pros

- Price is really good - It's realy easy to set up - UI is intuitive and simple - You can trace logs easily, once you setup 'People' tab - Integration with slack and other notification tools - Easy to integrate with Heroku's app

Cons

- UI could be somehow better, leaner like a sentry.io - Features for breadcrumbs or tracing could be easier to implement - Fingerprinting and error aggregation could be easier to setup, no complicated DSLs

Reasons for Choosing Rollbar

Pricing and easy to setup with Heroku, basicaally

Gianluca from Alte

A fast and integrated solution to keep user generated errors under control

Pros

How easy has been to integrate it in our services and software. The mail notifications that inform you of new errors.

Cons

Nothing. For now, It has proven to be a solution for our use case.

Reasons for Choosing Rollbar

Beside the very affordable pricing model, we choose Rollbar for its price and the support of all the different environments we use, Angular and AWS Lambda.

Gustavo from Jobandtalent

Required for error tracking

We’ve implemented a database timeout so we receive a rollbar error whenever we have a slow query, and we can track the number of occurrences we have. It was very helpful

Pros

I’ve added rollbar to many projects and it was very simple and easy to integrate. Rollbar help and getting started was helpful. The tool is useful to understand what are the weakest parts of the applications and what are the most frequent source or errors.

Cons

The error grouping sometimes is not perfect and impacts in how much time I should dedicate to group errors properly in order to identify the real amount of errors and occurrences of the same problem in different parts of the application.

Jonathan from Kebume LLC

The Absolute BEST Thing You Can Do for Writing Better Software

Team Rollbar--I LOVE you guys and your wonderful service! This review is far too long overdue. Let me save you a bunch of time and make the decision for you. If you're not already using an error tracking platform, you must. If you're deciding between which services to use, just go with Rollbar, and stop deliberating. Rollbar is hands-down, THE BEST full-stack application error and exception monitoring/tracking system. I was an early user and first started using Rollbar in early 2012 (back when it was still called Ratchet.io). Suffice it to say, it has completely transformed and leveled-up the way I build and write applications. Rollbar is now a must-have for any application I build. TDD? Yeah, could do that, or you can just be more lean and start building, and Rollbar will catch all of your exceptions for you. Large team? Even more so that you need Rollbar, so that you can detect and fix errors before they inconvenience your users. Here are the reasons for why I think Rollbar is great: Best thing since sliced bread - For the developers in the late 90's to early 2000's who remember it, just as Firebug and later on Chrome Developer Tools was to JavaScript development, so is Rollbar to development on any stack. Before, with writing JavaScript in Netscape Navigator and Internet Explorer 4.0, all you had to go off of was that there was a JS error and the JS on a page was completely broken. Developers familiar with that old debugging technique will shake their heads today--manual binary search, commenting out parts of code until it started working again--those days are gone. Now, with Rollbar, you can know with certainty what parts of your application, down to the specific line(s) of code, are causing the exception. Rollbar has an exceptional, world-class team. Rollbar is built by engineers, for engineers. I know because I've worked with a few folks at team Rollbar, including the founder/CEO Brian Rue, who has been a mentor and advisor to me at a few startups, and some of my elite former colleagues who were hand-picked to join the Rollbar team. They are extremely talented hackers and engineers. Rollbar scales, an is extremely reliable. We're not just talking Mickey Mouse pretend scale, but they actually do. Guess what? Unlike most of the rest of the web, they're actually NOT primarily an AWS-based stack (yeah, because AWS outages can cause large chunks of the web to fail). Rollbar is in multiple data centers across the world for improved

Archit from upGrad

Robust product but issues in testability

Overall, I like Rollbar and I hope to see some improvements in its functionality in the future.

Pros

Rollbar's integration in our architecture is one of the easiest I have seen so far in terms of any small third-party service. A quick setup with token and environment, and you're done. I like how it can map the errors with timelines and usage. The most amazing thing is its seamless integration with Slack, to which we send all of our critical alerts.

Cons

I wrote a Go application for which Rollbar recently announced a client. The integration was easy as usual. However, I couldn't write unit tests around it. I wanted to mock the function calls using the widely accepted method of converting the function to a struct and call via an interface. However, neither the root `rollbar` nor the `rollbar.Client` could be restructured in that way. I finally had to remove the token from the testing environment to control the flow of error messages. Secondly, in our organisation people routinely shift from tribe to tribe to work on different features. And in some scenarios, certain individuals require temporary access to Rollbar platform to review the magnitude of error messages. I'd like if Rollbar adds an X days pass like feature, where I don't have to revoke their access manually.

Brian from Zenu

Sure beats a shared email inbox!

Very positive and better priced for its features than some of its competitors. It also helps the pricing is by volume rather than users, which makes far more sense for this kind of product.

Pros

The ability to aggregate your bug/debug information into a single platform, with the ability to prioritize based on the severity and frequency. Sure beats our shared email inbox "solution". Integration into things like Slack are amazingly useful for highlighting Nth errors.

Cons

Inability to setup fine-tuned VCS integration, we have a multi-branch environment and only being able to set 1 git branch for all the environments basically nullifies any use it has outside of the production environment. We have setup all the environments in rollbar but there is no ability to map each to its own git branch.

Pricing to features ratio

Pepijn from Bits of Love

Error tracking made easy

I have been using Rollbar for about 3 years now, and I have to say it has made my life a lot easier. They have a ton of platform integrations, but I have only integrated this service in Android and PHP projects. For most programming languages, they have their own API, but this product seems to be so popular that people are even writing wrappers around the API for frameworks. Eg see https://github.com/jenssegers/laravel-rollbar I would definitely recommend this to anyone, especially because they also have an 'always free' formula, which gives you the opportunity to try it out. Customer support is really decent, they're usually replying to your requests in 2 hours or less. And I'm not even in their timezone.

Pros

It's really easy to use, there's a ton of wrappers available for any programming language / framework, and they have an 'always free' formula, which I use for my personal projects

Cons

As with any online product, I don't like to pay :) But other than that, I can't say anything bad about it. And as I said, they have a free formula, which is great if you're just working on a small personal project

Thaine from OnCall Advisors

Error Logs Simplified

I'd never really done any log management things untill my CTO brought this product to our application suite. The time this has saved us is just incredible. The main features that really help: Grouping of Logs - Groups together errors so you don't get spammed. There have been a time or two this has worked against me, but overall it really helps. Not to mention, you can resolve errors and they'll pop back up if they happen again, so you know if something is really broken or just a one off developer bug. Stacktrace and Local variables - Really helps that they include the full stack trace, and if you choose, can display local variables you inject. This has made it so easy to setup some debugging features and then let them go. For those really weird bugs that you really can't seem to nail down a cause for. Environment Separation - Really helps to tell between a production (oh no! Lets fix this!) or a staging (fix it before pushing) kinda errors. I don't think I could go back to any other debugging method. In the very least, Rollbar always gives me a place to start using xdebug. At the most, I look at the information and know exactly what went wrong, and can fix it. Great product!

Pros

Log Grouping Stacktrace with local variables Enivronment Separation

Cons

Something the grouping can work too well, and errors that are different actually get grouped together. The standards can be a little hard to figure out, and there are multiple ways to do everything.

Alexander from Yii framework

Motivating time saver

Motivating time saver April 01, 2017 12:38 I'm a Rollbar user since the very beginning of the project. Before Rollbar I've switched a few ways of dealing with logs. First, I was just reading logs when needed with tail and getting a weekly batch of errors by email. That was OK for local development and tiny projects but for bigger deployments that were useless because the amount of data. Then I've found some offline log aggregation tools and these were OK but still required exporting logs, running these tools and checking results. Rollbar automates all that. You're getting a realtime picture of your errors. You can sort messages by the number of occurrences thus getting a good list to work on. Another fun part is how it charges you. The more errors you have the more you pay. Rollbar motivates you to fix things to pay less. At first, I've tried it in personal projects then in a huge commercial project that is already running for more than 7 years. Rollbar saved me hundreds of hours and I'm glad I've stumbled upon it back then.

Pros

Saves time. Usability. Features.

Cons

One in half a year there's a lag between sending an error and seeing it analyzed. Not a big issue though.

Great Error reporting with minimal downtime

Pros

I have enjoyed how easy Rollbar is to set up with Ruby, Javascript and Ruby on Rails. Their libraries made it painless to set up and already start reporting errors. I don't know that half of the errors caught by Rollbar would have been fixed in the short turn around time as if we didn't have Rollbar. Rollbar is also user friendly and they are constantly putting up more features. My favorite feature is with a given error they include the stack-trace in my code and who wrote the code that is erroring out. This is very useful for debugging.

Cons

In short the downtime. Albeit very minimal, there have been some days I can remember that Rollbar was down for more than an hour and if I recall correctly a whole work day. These times it made it hard not to worry if anything is breaking or throwing errors. For this reason I have enjoyed having another performance monitoring product.

Alex from iPlan

Error monitoring done right

We're Rollbar customers for a about two years, moved to Rollbar after trying few other log aggregation services but none of them had features we needed or didn't deliver on their promise. We're using Ruby on Rails, integration was a breeze, started receiving error messages in less than 5 minutes. The interface is easy to use, live feed works great showing errors as they come up, resolving issues and tracking deploys flows works perfectly. Also I can't recall when Rollbar had downtime or a bug, yet we see new gem releases regularly. I wish other services we use had such a robust infrastructure as Rollbar do. Also I'd like to mention their exceptional support, with very quick responses from highly qualified agents that solve your problems spot on. With Rollbar tools we manage to resolve majority of the issues as they happen, before customers contact our support teams.

Pros

Uptime, easy to use api, live feed, rql, people tracking, exceptional support

Cons

Unified dashboard between projects would be great, but can be implemented with their api

Matt from Appen

Stable & Valuable Software For Many Years

Pros

The setup and integration with popular frameworks such as Ruby on Rails was easy and we have used it for at least five years with no issues.

Cons

Rollbar does a good job trying to group similar errors but of course there is always room for improvement in this area since it requires advanced pattern matching, machine learning, etc.

Cameron from Shelter Management Pty Ltd

Cost effective way to manage errors with your software

Great tool to use, easy to set up and integrate with other apps. The dashboards are easy to understand and use and see all the important details easily.

Pros

Setup is relatively easy Easy to see all the issues Integrations with jira & slack

Cons

The RQL feature is quite difficult to use, most times it times out. I think this will be fixed with further updates.

Price

Saransh from IFP Advisors, LLC

Rollbar for Production Safety

Pros

The setup is very simple and the instant notifications for any unhandled issues make this product very attractive to use. It is very developer friendly.

Cons

I do not have anything to add which I find less useful.

Reasons for Choosing Rollbar

Initially, it was the default product from Heroku, but later we decided to stick with it.

Miloš from M&E Solutions s.r.o.

Easy to use and reliable service

Rollbar works as expected and the level of information we get for each error is great.

Pros

Easy integration, slack notifications, level of details for each error

Cons

I would like to be able to see aggregate info from occurences of the same error, Airbrake offers something similar.

Best pricing options

Anuj from Information Technology and Services

Current State of Rollbar

Pros

I love the immediate notifications for errors as users see them. Shooting for "Rollbar Zero" on a team can be the best way to reap value from the product. It gives immense visibility into what's failing.

Cons

Why it's failing is not often immediately obvious looking at the rollbar; we have to use multiple observability tools to figure that out. I also am not a huge fan of the UI, it's slow and cluttered and deters me from using it all the time. - Grouping is not great - If Rollbar goes down or stops sending messages, a lot of visibility is taken away -- it's reliability could be a reason why we don't continue using it in the future.

Reasons for Choosing Rollbar

It's really easy to setup across the board and we don't need to maintain it much

Mikuláš from Keyguru s.r.o.

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

almost perfect

Pros

easy integration, wide support, good error insights

Cons

sometimes our issues are spread across staging, production, separate server containers and environments - not sure how to display all of them at once having troubles tracking errors in Embedded JS (EJS) templates

Rohit from upgrad.com

Incredible instrument for observing errors and execution in numerous situations,

Pros

The best part about Rollbar is the very even UI that permits you to see all mistakes followed for different situations including testing, arranging, and creation. I love the amazing way simple it is to coordinate with various dialects. Following customer side javascript is overly helpful with full stack follows to show you precisely what turned out badly. It's anything but difficult to see patterns in different bugs and imprint bugs as unraveled without any problem. The arrangement alternatives are generally great arrangements and it's anything but difficult to get ready for action, Rollbar is magnificent!

Cons

Here and there it's somewhat hard to tell where to discover a few alternatives on the grounds that they aren't generally similarly situated. Missing disconnected assembling usefulness for JavaScript, however, I haven't discovered it in any item.

Steven from Northland Creative Wonders

A Good Product

Pros

The pricing structure. I have a bunch of small projects with low numbers of users.Per project pricing gets too expensive fast.

Cons

Having to fill out multiple free text areas in their marketing survey.

David from Mynewsdesk

Industry: Writing and Editing

Solid exception with straight forward pricing model

Pros

Good language support. Good both for frontend and backend error tracking. Quick to set up notification (e.g. slack messages) for multiple projects thanks to "copy notification settings from existing project" feature. Very easy to comprehend pricing and packaging.

Cons

Grouping of errors could be better out of the box. But it's not like Rollbar is worse than any of the competition in this regards and they do offer manual configuration to solve common grouping mistakes.

Radford from Justworks

It's been great.

Pros

Detailed reporting of bugs, from the user who triggered it, to listing of occurrences of a bug, to the availability of a stacktrace.

Cons

Setting up filters and environment-specifc grouping can be confusing.

Matthew from Synopsys

Rollbar Issue with Javascript minification

I review the output from Rollbar everyday. As I said it's very good at capturing Rails, but not particularly useful with Javascript, because of the minification of the files.

Pros

We have a rails application with.a large amount of javascript involved. Rollbar does an excellent job capturing rails exceptions. These errors are clear and understandable. The javascript errors are based on the minified version of the code. Javascript errors are not easily actionable. I will need to learn how to use a sourcemap so that I can zero in on the exact cause of the exception.

Cons

Needing to use a sourcemap on my javascript files. I could use a good tutorial on how to do this! I have not had any time to do thorough research on creating a sourcemap. Until that is done, though, I'm afraid the javascript exceptions( There are a lot of errors!) are not actionable.

Ahimanikya from DocEngage

Simple and Power Realtime issue tracker

At DocEngage we have been using Rollbar for more than a year now. We track real-time exception and respond to the issues quickly, sometimes we reach out to our customers before they find time to report the issue. This yields very impactful customer gratification. It also helps us to pinpoint the issue with real use case and evidence. When we have issues with manful traces we observed there is less tension between developers and quality/support team. We tried many competing real-time issue tracker and settled with Rollbar for its simplicity and integration capabilities. We use Rollbar for tracking Java and Javascript exception and our effort to create integration hook was almost zero. As far as collaboration is concerned, we love the way it's integrated with JIRA and HipChat.

Pros

Simplicity, Ability to integrate with tools and our application to track real-time issue.

Cons

None

John from Whiteboard SpA

The best software for track & follow errors

Rollbar allows me and my team to detect and solve errors when anomalies occurs. Actually we don't need to wait users to report errors and we don't need to read thousands of lines from logs on multiple servers to find what's going on.

Pros

It's super easy to deploy. You can begin receiving your app's errors in minutes and without compromising a payment. You can pay only when you need to pay and have absolutely flexible plans. Errors are presented as items, where you can immediately see frequency and a brief description. If you want, you can explore an item to know exactly where it happen (I mean, which line of code and entire stack trace), and even you can see each case to know the exact user operation that throws this error. You can even search items using a SQL-like language. Simply awesome.

Cons

Sometimes two different items are the same error (algorithm that put together occurrences divides the same error). Anyway, Rollbar allow to merge items with custom rules. Awesome.

Conrad from Directangular

Rollbar is great

Anytime a user of our site hits an error Rollbar catches it and tells us, and we have a great amount of information for debugging the error later.

Pros

-Has a great integration with our software stack (python + django)so setup is easy and it captures a great amount of debugging information out of the box -Groups errors nicely, but also moves them up when they occur again -Good alerting rules

Cons

It can be spammy if you have a lot of errors, it's not really Rollbar's fault and there are many tools to ignore spammy errors.

Reasons for Choosing Rollbar

Rollbar is more flexible and cheaper than the other solutions we looked at

Jeremy from Webgains Ltd

Very helpful product

Generally we have had a really positive experience with Rollbar. It intergrates well with other tools and really helps focus on key issues rather that occasional issues

Pros

The deduplication works well for the most part, and the ability to capture lots of additional information (both automatically and manually) is great. Makes identifying what an issue could be really easy.

Cons

Doing custom searches look like they could be really useful but are is really slow compared with more general purpose logging tools like ELK/CloudWatch/Splunk and I wish it was possible to expand and change the time periods of the graphs.

Amazing tracing of context data for execution

We are collecting data from 6 Django mircoservices and we can rely on Rollbar for all error logs and traceback rotation.

Pros

Ability to view in memory data snapshot and current variable values when exception occurred.

Cons

The dashboard could be faster with some default dashboards.

Piotr from Portent.io

Great debugging tool

Rollbar is a must-have for the debugging toolkit. You get errors reported in one place, with history, tracebacks, all request data, user data and so on. Capturing of locals and args is *incredibly* useful and speeds up debugging greatly. You can easily have many people looking at a bug at the same time. The interface is really clear and easy to use, even for the non-dev teammates. You won't be needing much support, but when you do it'll be both very responsive and very effective. Setup is easy and Rollbar never gets in the way of your code. Just add that integration with Slack and you'll find Rollbar indispensable. Massive opportunity for squashing bugs quickly. Definitely do recommend!

Pros

- Tracebacks - Locals and args captured - Request and user data - RQL!

Cons

- Not everything can be exported as CSV (yet?) - More out-of-the box integrations would be very useful (i.e. Celery)

Great to debug exceptions of your software

Overall, I consider my experience with Rollbar has been great. It has helped me a lot detecting bugs and issues that customers are facing.

Pros

What I like the most about Rollbar is how easy it is to integrate within your code. Providing you with a powerful tool that will help you debugging possible exception that might occur in production, alerting you right away when some errors are happening very often and pointing your right at the line where the error was triggered.

Cons

As long as I have been using it I don't have something I dislike about Rollbar. A feature that could improve it significantly could be request tracing, that way you could have all the data in one place to understand quicker what went wrong.

William from DialSource

Excellent Debugging Tool

Pros

Rollbar makes it very easy to see where and how frequently bugs in your programs crop up. Rollbar can also be early warnings for other monitoring platforms like Datadog, and indicate something is wrong before your other alarms start going off. The tracebacks on the errors are super helpful and since you can add whatever metadata you want pinpointing problems is made a lot easier.

Cons

The error grouping is not also on point, and it's *so easy* to use Rollbar that you will end up spending a lot of time trying to determine which errors actually merit throwing a Rollbar error, and your Rollbar slack channel will definitely get noisy if you don't stay on top of it.

Anatoly from Carevoyance, Inc.

Rollbar is indispensable for SaaS products

We've had a really easy time integrating Rollbar from the start, and it's only been improving since we started using it.

Pros

The best thing is the telemetry support that Rollbar introduced last year. With it we're able to see not just errors, but where they came from, who else has seen the same errors and impact on our user base. The grouping support (grouping bugs together) is starting to become robust as well, which is helpful for making sure you're not seeing 100s of the same errors in the UI.

Cons

The grouping support is not quite there yet, and needs to improve. I'd love to see bidirectional rollbar integration (jira > rollbar, rollbar > jira) and I think that's on the roadmap.

John from Northampton Community College

Rollbar is good value and peace of mind.

Rollbar is fantastic. We use it in our microservices architecture. With a few lines of code, we have real-time monitoring and make it easy to fall into a pit of success.

Pros

I love the fact that I get very quick notices about an issue with one of our software programs and at the same time it doesn't nag with by sending me a hundred emails.

Cons

We still have some Perl scripts (one of our vendor's systems still uses it) and it would be nice to have a Rollbar API for those scripts to prevent getting angry phone calls if the system is having issues.

Przemysław from UXPin

Solid tool that meets my needs

I'm satisfied with Rollbar. It meets my needs.

Pros

Dashboard with items is extremely useful. It provides many options to filter & sort all captured errors/warnings/etc. It shows many pieces of information in a clear way. I like recent updates with custom fingerprinting that allows easier grouping of items.

Cons

There are some places that require extra clicking after UI redesign, e.g. "Settings" for project. I'd like to run RQL faster and have simple editor or code-completion aid to write RQL queries easier.

Awesome crashlytics for SaaS! One of those MUST HAVE apps.

Pros

We have been using Rollbar for last 3 years and we are not planning on quiting! WE LOVE IT! Easy to integrate into our products. Maintaining crash-free app became a lot easier. Support on HIGHEST level. INTEGRATION with JIRA is also a great add-on.

Cons

Integration with JIRA could be more advanced. In our company we use kanban boards and it would be a great feature if we could prepare tickets from Rollbar to automatically have every necessary field filled in.

We rely on Rollbar for great client-side error logging

Rollbar let us drop in an SDK that automatically wired up to capture browser errors without a ton of work on our end, which was a huge time-saver.

Pros

Rollbar is great for logging client-side javascript errors (although they can also log errors from a bunch of other sources), and we use their source-map feature to have useful error reports on our minified code. Rollbar also has useful alerting for when a new issue crops up, or an issue crosses a threshold for number of times seen. When we've gone to them for support we've found it to be great.

Cons

Rollbar is reasonably good at de-duping the same errors and grouping them into a single item, although that's not yet flawless. They've also got a query language that we've used a little but, although in our experience it is pretty slow to return results (which could totally be on us).

Volodymyr from UPTech Team

Robust reporting tool

Use this tool on one big project for all platforms (backend, web, mobile) and it is good enough to cover your needs in errors or debug info reporting. At the first glance it looks like it lacks features compared with other platforms, but after some time you understand that the product has everything you would need for successful project state monitoring.

Pros

Love the minimalistic UI, which keeps everything clear and understandable. Developers constantly add new features, like automatic events grouping, etc. Love to have all platforms on one Dashboard to look at reported error from different platforms point of view.

Cons

The quality of Android SDK isn't the top tier with not enough options for event reporting. Also had to so some adjustments for test suits, since in some cases the SDK wouldn't initialize correctly.

Tung from UPTech Team

Get notified for issues

Pros

I like that it sends notifications if something goes wrong and your team can stay alert about it. It's pretty nice to know if something is down or something isn't working. We also use it to track custom events when some logic isn't behaving as expected. For example when server returns a new Key value that is not handled on client side.

Cons

The notifications customization is pretty hard and not clear. I tried to turn off some part but I couldn't do it only to myself. You (seems) can only turn it off for the "team". So I end up creating a filter in Gmail.

Xesc from Beecubu SL

Happy with it

My overall experience is good and I use it in all my PHP projects.

Pros

It is easy to set-up, and starting to use it is really easy.

Cons

The control panel is pretty good but some times is a little bit confuse. The reports (PHP) some times are very useless, due to lack of information or too much unnecessary information. The custom properties are difficult to read (plain structures is not the best way to display JSON information)

Parth from Paymi

Zen of rollbar

It's awesome to know about the error as they occur but it's not cost friendly. Your are one faulty release away from getting bombarded for same errors.

Pros

Ui is very accessible and self explanatory Setup and integration is easy

Cons

Hard to prioritize More error equals more money

Bug

Best-In-Class Error Reporting

Rollbar is an absolutely fantastic service and highly-responsive support if you ever hit an issue, all at a very reasonable price point. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Pros

- Easy integrations make setup a breeze - Ability to filter errors by environment and assigned level make management great - Deployment tracking, view errors by user, search errors using SQL-like syntax, deobfuscation of stack traces - more features than you can shake a stick at

Cons

- Automatic grouping of errors leaves something to be desired, but this is can be worked around by marking these errors manually

Amanda Josalene from Belk

Works fantastic for my business & our website!

Overall, Rollbar has worked great for my business and our website, and if any problems ever arise with the software, they have an excellent support team that responds quickly and accurately.

Pros

Rollbar was very easy to learn and to navigate, which was a massive plus. Having our own website programmed from the ground-up, it was crucial we had a software that detected and located any errors and/or bugs within our website so they could be fixed/eliminated. Rollbar provides real-time bug tracking, which saved us and our programmer LOADS of time as we located any issues quickly and prevented any possible website crashes/any unnecessary downtime.

Cons

I don't have any cons; Rollbar has helped us to the fullest extent.

Leigh from KAVA Business Solutions

Pros

The live view and simplistic, but informative, interface

Cons

Nothing comes to mind with the web interface, but the mobile app is very limited - I cannot even expand the view of the log

Reasons for Choosing Rollbar

Ease of use & rapid integration

Jeremy from Affirm Inc

My Take

For the most part, Rollbar works for what I want it to - which is tracking the exceptions that are thrown throughout my system.

Pros

Rollbar does its job - which is keep track of exceptions. I am able to track exceptions across environments, frameworks, and languages.

Cons

The UI is slow to load. I additionally find the search feature to not be very helpful. Lastly, I find grouping to be difficult.