• icon"Has a great integration with our software stack (python + django)so setup is easy and it captures a great amount of debugging information out of the box."
  • icon"I love the amazing way simple it is to coordinate with various dialects. Following customer side javascript is overly helpful with full stack follows to show you precisely what turned out badly."
  • icon"Rollbar is super easy to use and a breeze to integrate. It has a ton of features like sourcemaps and fingerprinting that work smoothly for thousands of errors a day."
  • icon"Working with large amounts of instances of the same error or warning can get very frustrating because of the limitations of RQL."
  • icon"I think it is weird to click on the error timestamp to go to the traceback, but I don't know if there is another way. Also, website does not work well on mobile devices."
  • icon"Until now no feature are missed. As all, every software has work to do."

All Rollbar Reviews

Inderjeet

Company size: 5,001 - 10,000 employees

Great Tool

Rollbar does its job and then gets out of your way (until you need it)

Super happy with Rollbar. Have used it on multiple projects, but in Recipe Cost Calculator specifically for probably at least seven years.

Pros

Rollbar was easy to integrate and provides multiple libraries to integrate depending on what languages you're programming in. It reports errors well, it's reliable, the API and libraries are super flexible. I'm sure I only use about 20% of the overall functionality.

Cons

Nothing that I *overly* dislike about Rollbar. I think that some of the UI could be improved a bit on the admin dashboard, some things are really nit-picky like I don't like the way that text or lines wrap in certain places. Any complaints I have would be bordering on trivial.

Reasons for switching to Rollbar

Found the previously used product to be more and more frustrating over time (if I recall correctly, they went through one or more acquisitions, and there was a period of time where it became very frustrating to use... it's quite possible that all of that has been resolved).

Alfredo

Thanks to Rollbar we are able to provide proactive customer support

Limited capabilities for filtering slack notifications. Suspect deploys produces a lot of fake positives. Automatic grouping doesn't work so well. The frontend error tracking is too noisy as it detects also errors out of our scope as the errors provoked by browser extensions, bots, non-supported browsers, etc. This makes the frontend tracking useless as we can't trust the alerts as we do for the rest of the stacks.

Pros

Very powerful tracing at an individual level, easy to set up, very advanced querying capabilities, smart errors grouping, telemetry feature is quite powerful, the integration with slack is very good with a native experience. Github integration is also great.

Reasons for choosing Rollbar

Cheaper and more specialized in the problems we wanted to solve: Realtime error tracking: it completes our feedback loop to detect errors as soon as we deploy new code. Its deployment integrations make it easier to guess what deploy introduced the bug. Debugging: the individual level tracing allows us to easily debug reported bugs. It is easy to enrich the errors with customers' properties that we can later filter by. Proactive customer support: notify customers about errors that probably they haven't noticed but we have already solved.

Ayhan

Unusable product with no customer support

My overall experience with this product is quite negative. Last year I noticed that when my teammates mention me under a specific item (a bug) I didn't receive any emails. This is quite important because the product doesn't offer any alternatives to get notified about those issues. There are no webpage notifications. There is no way to search for bugs that you were mentioned. The only alternative is to go through hundreds of web pages and use Cmd + F to see if someone mentioned you, asked you a question, assigned a task to you, or some other thing that is important for your daily job. I wrote to their customer service explaining the issue. Our initial correspondence took almost a month for me to convince them there is in fact a problem and I didn't receive emails. After convincing them, I was told that I could get a reply in a few weeks. I followed up one month later, and they asked for a few more weeks. Another month passed and they basically said this was a low priority issue and they don't know if and when it will be fixed. I wasn't even offered any workarounds. Since then, I get an automated email from them once in a while asking me to rate their product. I give a low rating, explain the situation, a couple of months passes and I get the same email. I work in SaaS, I do understand the need for prioritization and the lack of resources but having a critical feature that doesn't work for a customer and not bothering to offer any alternatives are a big no for me.

Pros

It allows me to track some bugs and act quickly.

Cons

Lack of customer support and the bad user interface.

Christopher

I love you guys! If I could rate you higher than 10 I would!

AMAZING!

Pros

So There is a lot to unpack here: As a software developer, having access to the WEB DASHBOARD is amazing We start our day and prioritize our work around what we see in this dashboard, the SLACK INTEGRATION makes this process even better, as we can see errors in real time before the end-user and proactively respond without having to call or confirm what the user does thanks to THE WONDERFUL TELEMETRY that we get. Also we build software with Rails, JS, Python, AWS Lambda, and all of your libraries work the same way as expected. Wonderful! You also sent my company a blue rollbar shirt a few years ago - IT WAS SO COMFORTABLE! also: YOUR UPTIME is better than just about anyone - Auth0, Gitlab, Dockerhub - have all had issues this year with uptime , and the most we've seen from you all has only been a small delay in processing. Nothing major. ADDITIONALLY - I discovered a bug last month with rollbar and reported it to a community rep - AND YOU FIXED IT THIS RELEASE. FAST! As a fellow software developer I know how hard it is to get issues addressed, not to mention prioritized and deployed. In short I love you, and love your company and I tell everyone that!

Cons

I wish I could come up with something, but you astound me. I'd complain about a bug I found in Rollbar Js, but you fixed it in 2.18!

Reasons for choosing Rollbar

We did a demo / test implementation of each and your solution just crushed them as far as ease of use and "it just works" ness

Reasons for switching to Rollbar

because this "simple - just log the error" work is soo soo hard to get right! and you do it!

Great error tracking tool for the money paid

Real-time error tracking, as soon an error pops up on test or production environment, we get an alert on slack and act on it.

Pros

It is simple to customize grouping rules, you can easily propagate notifications settings to all projects so they are matching, easy to customize, easy to integrate.

Cons

We have to pay much more to have a simple feature like viewing all projects' errors in a single view.

Reasons for choosing Rollbar

For the easiness of integration, customization and simple UI interface to manage everything.

Reasons for switching to Rollbar

It was difficult to customize the error grouping as we needed to fit our needs.

MichaƂ

The best error monitoring tool I ever used!

We used Rollbar for last few years and many projects and it always work great! Rollbar go fast forward for the last few years with a new features and improvements.

Pros

Rollbar is very easy to configure and use in our stack (Ruby + .NET + React). Rollbar gather error information with many details about situations it occurs. Interface is very intuitive and have option to set up many notification destinations (we use Slack + daily reports on mail).

Cons

We didn't experience any cons about Rollbar

Reasons for choosing Rollbar

Rollbar is more intuitive and have a lot of integrations with existing frameworks like Vue, React, Rails

Gabriel

Good for heroku & first implementation

Pros

- Price is really good - It's realy easy to set up - UI is intuitive and simple - You can trace logs easily, once you setup 'People' tab - Integration with slack and other notification tools - Easy to integrate with Heroku's app

Cons

- UI could be somehow better, leaner like a sentry.io - Features for breadcrumbs or tracing could be easier to implement - Fingerprinting and error aggregation could be easier to setup, no complicated DSLs

Reasons for choosing Rollbar

Pricing and easy to setup with Heroku, basicaally

Gianluca

A fast and integrated solution to keep user generated errors under control

Pros

How easy has been to integrate it in our services and software. The mail notifications that inform you of new errors.

Cons

Nothing. For now, It has proven to be a solution for our use case.

Reasons for choosing Rollbar

Beside the very affordable pricing model, we choose Rollbar for its price and the support of all the different environments we use, Angular and AWS Lambda.

April 2022

Nice tool for error tracking and logging

It is integrated with my project I use it to track bugs, log info and improve performance.

Pros

It is easy to use, UI is great, easily integrated with my project. easy to send errors and logs.

Cons

UI for seeing the occurrences of an item needs some work, sometimes there are a lot of fields in an occurrence and the horizontal slider was given all the way to the end which is inconvenient.

Shprotiv

November 2022

Easy to Track

Pros

Easy to track, beautiful dashboard, help to getting alart on bugs, mainly customized and categoried.

Cons

Filtering capabilities are not to the mark,automatic result is not always accurate. Error occurs in many cases.

Jonathan

September 2016

The Absolute BEST Thing You Can Do for Writing Better Software

Team Rollbar--I LOVE you guys and your wonderful service! This review is far too long overdue. Let me save you a bunch of time and make the decision for you. If you're not already using an error tracking platform, you must. If you're deciding between which services to use, just go with Rollbar, and stop deliberating. Rollbar is hands-down, THE BEST full-stack application error and exception monitoring/tracking system. I was an early user and first started using Rollbar in early 2012 (back when it was still called Ratchet.io). Suffice it to say, it has completely transformed and leveled-up the way I build and write applications. Rollbar is now a must-have for any application I build. TDD? Yeah, could do that, or you can just be more lean and start building, and Rollbar will catch all of your exceptions for you. Large team? Even more so that you need Rollbar, so that you can detect and fix errors before they inconvenience your users. Here are the reasons for why I think Rollbar is great: Best thing since sliced bread - For the developers in the late 90's to early 2000's who remember it, just as Firebug and later on Chrome Developer Tools was to JavaScript development, so is Rollbar to development on any stack. Before, with writing JavaScript in Netscape Navigator and Internet Explorer 4.0, all you had to go off of was that there was a JS error and the JS on a page was completely broken. Developers familiar with that old debugging technique will shake their heads today--manual binary search, commenting out parts of code until it started working again--those days are gone. Now, with Rollbar, you can know with certainty what parts of your application, down to the specific line(s) of code, are causing the exception. Rollbar has an exceptional, world-class team. Rollbar is built by engineers, for engineers. I know because I've worked with a few folks at team Rollbar, including the founder/CEO Brian Rue, who has been a mentor and advisor to me at a few startups, and some of my elite former colleagues who were hand-picked to join the Rollbar team. They are extremely talented hackers and engineers. Rollbar scales, an is extremely reliable. We're not just talking Mickey Mouse pretend scale, but they actually do. Guess what? Unlike most of the rest of the web, they're actually NOT primarily an AWS-based stack (yeah, because AWS outages can cause large chunks of the web to fail). Rollbar is in multiple data centers across the world for improved

Archit

Robust product but issues in testability

Overall, I like Rollbar and I hope to see some improvements in its functionality in the future.

Pros

Rollbar's integration in our architecture is one of the easiest I have seen so far in terms of any small third-party service. A quick setup with token and environment, and you're done. I like how it can map the errors with timelines and usage. The most amazing thing is its seamless integration with Slack, to which we send all of our critical alerts.

Cons

I wrote a Go application for which Rollbar recently announced a client. The integration was easy as usual. However, I couldn't write unit tests around it. I wanted to mock the function calls using the widely accepted method of converting the function to a struct and call via an interface. However, neither the root `rollbar` nor the `rollbar.Client` could be restructured in that way. I finally had to remove the token from the testing environment to control the flow of error messages. Secondly, in our organisation people routinely shift from tribe to tribe to work on different features. And in some scenarios, certain individuals require temporary access to Rollbar platform to review the magnitude of error messages. I'd like if Rollbar adds an X days pass like feature, where I don't have to revoke their access manually.

Brian

Sure beats a shared email inbox!

Very positive and better priced for its features than some of its competitors. It also helps the pricing is by volume rather than users, which makes far more sense for this kind of product.

Pros

The ability to aggregate your bug/debug information into a single platform, with the ability to prioritize based on the severity and frequency. Sure beats our shared email inbox "solution". Integration into things like Slack are amazingly useful for highlighting Nth errors.

Cons

Inability to setup fine-tuned VCS integration, we have a multi-branch environment and only being able to set 1 git branch for all the environments basically nullifies any use it has outside of the production environment. We have setup all the environments in rollbar but there is no ability to map each to its own git branch.

Pricing to features ratio

Pepijn

Error tracking made easy

I have been using Rollbar for about 3 years now, and I have to say it has made my life a lot easier. They have a ton of platform integrations, but I have only integrated this service in Android and PHP projects. For most programming languages, they have their own API, but this product seems to be so popular that people are even writing wrappers around the API for frameworks. Eg see https://github.com/jenssegers/laravel-rollbar I would definitely recommend this to anyone, especially because they also have an 'always free' formula, which gives you the opportunity to try it out. Customer support is really decent, they're usually replying to your requests in 2 hours or less. And I'm not even in their timezone.

Pros

It's really easy to use, there's a ton of wrappers available for any programming language / framework, and they have an 'always free' formula, which I use for my personal projects

Cons

As with any online product, I don't like to pay :) But other than that, I can't say anything bad about it. And as I said, they have a free formula, which is great if you're just working on a small personal project

Thaine

Error Logs Simplified

I'd never really done any log management things untill my CTO brought this product to our application suite. The time this has saved us is just incredible. The main features that really help: Grouping of Logs - Groups together errors so you don't get spammed. There have been a time or two this has worked against me, but overall it really helps. Not to mention, you can resolve errors and they'll pop back up if they happen again, so you know if something is really broken or just a one off developer bug. Stacktrace and Local variables - Really helps that they include the full stack trace, and if you choose, can display local variables you inject. This has made it so easy to setup some debugging features and then let them go. For those really weird bugs that you really can't seem to nail down a cause for. Environment Separation - Really helps to tell between a production (oh no! Lets fix this!) or a staging (fix it before pushing) kinda errors. I don't think I could go back to any other debugging method. In the very least, Rollbar always gives me a place to start using xdebug. At the most, I look at the information and know exactly what went wrong, and can fix it. Great product!

Pros

Log Grouping Stacktrace with local variables Enivronment Separation

Cons

Something the grouping can work too well, and errors that are different actually get grouped together. The standards can be a little hard to figure out, and there are multiple ways to do everything.

Alexander