All Sublime Text Reviews

1-25 of 1,351 Reviews

Hospital & Health Care, 51 - 200 employees

Used more than 2 years

Reviewed December 2021

A great text editor with great customization options

Anthony

Reviewed January 2023

Simplicity Meets Power in a Code Editor

Overall, my experience with Sublime Text has been positive. It has a user-friendly interface, a wide range of features, keyboard shortcuts, high customizability, supports many languages, and allows multiple files and projects to open. However, it requires a license, can be resource-intensive, some advanced features are hard to master, has a cluttered interface, and lacks integration with other software tools

PROS

I like using Sublime Text because of its user-friendly interface and wide range of features that make coding and text editing very efficient. The software has a variety of keyboard shortcuts and commands that allow for quick navigation, editing, and manipulation of text. Additionally, the software is highly customizable, with various packages and plugins available to enhance its functionality. The software also supports many programming languages, making it a versatile developer tool. The ability to open multiple files and projects at the same time and easily switch between them is another feature I appreciate.

CONS

One thing I like least about Sublime Text is that it is not free software. While it offers a free trial period, it requires a license to use it permanently. Additionally, the software can be quite resource-intensive, so running on older or less powerful computers may be challenging. While the software is generally user-friendly, some more advanced features can take time and effort to master. Additionally, some users may find the software's interface cluttered and overwhelming.

Reasons for switching to Sublime Text

I found it to be more powerful compared to Sublime Text.

Lee

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Sublime for it's time

Whilst I enjoyed using Sublime, PHPStorm is a much more capable product straight out of the box.

PROS

Sublime was the perfect basic Text Editor, simple clean interface.

CONS

Unfortunately with build processes advancing over the years, Sublime as a core product no longer met criteria for me. Without plugging in an extensive amount of plugins and extensions.

Reasons for switching to Sublime Text

At the time I made the switch, I was after a simpler interface to develop websites. I've since improved and developed my tech stack and moved on to using PHPStorm

Reviewed December 2018

Best cross platform code editor for any coder

As a UI developer, I will highly recommend Sublime Text to any coder out there. It will be your daily code editor when you start using it & customize according to your preferences.

PROS

This code editor is very lightweight & usually it's not fill-up your system memory like other coding applications. Also it supports almost any software languages out there. It will also keep the previous state where you left off. Or even when you come back after a system crashed. It supports shortcodes for saved code snippets too. And also Sublime Text is a highly customizable text editor available in the market.

CONS

It doesn't offer code syntax support out-of-the-box. You might have to install several packages from in-built package manager to get some extra support like auto code completion, language syntax support etc. Sometimes it will show a popup message to purchase the product. Even still you are free to use it.

Rishi

Reviewed September 2022

Blazing Fast and Powerful Text Editor!

I've been using Sublime Text for over six years, and it's the only text editor that hasn't disappointed me. The best part of using sublime is that it's fast. I don't have to wait for the editor to load. When you fire it up, it's ready to work. Updation of packages and indexing of files on the initial load doesn't slow down the editor or interfere with the functionality. Everything you need in an editor/IDE, sublime already has it. It's been my favorite editor for a long time now.

PROS

There are lots of reasons why I use Sublime Text as my primary text editor - 1. Performance. The editor doesn't lag or crash when I'm working on a large codebase. Switching between multiple tabs or windows doesn't bring any performance issues in the editor. 2. Customization. It's easy to customize and gives complete independence over how I'd like to tweak the whole environment of the editor and set it up according to my needs. 3. UI/UX. I absolutely love the uncluttered interface of Sublime. UX is neat and smooth. The editor feels easy on the eyes. 4. Plugins. The right choice of plugin integration gives you the ability to use STE to its full extent and as a powerful IDE. Custom pane splitting, integrated terminal, executing custom builds, and so on, everything can be added to sublime turning it into a full-fledged IDE. 5. Keybinding. What I like about STE in terms of custom keybinding is that it doesn't overwrite the original keybindings when you set up a new one. In-built and custom keybinding, both can be used interchangeably without any issues. It's helpful in case you forget the newly set ones.

CONS

Deprecated plugin (and plugins for the older versions of STE) availability in the latest version of Sublime doesn't make any sense. They don't work but remain available to install. They're non-functional and slow down/crash the editor. There should be an option to at least filter the plugins (based on the version I'm using) through the package control.

Reasons for switching to Sublime Text

There were no options to change keybindings, so it became less efficient for writing code. It had poor contrast and a noisy user interface.

Luis Carlos

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Reviewed March 2022

My go to code and text editor

I've worked with source code since 2013, starting with Sublime Text 2 back in the day. While some other options are good for some things, I've always found Sublime to be the one that gets most of the stuff done in a better, faster way.

PROS

Sublime is fast, like blazing fast. I usually need to work with files that are a couple tens or hundreds of MB large. Besides opening them really fast, your normal operations like finding, selecting and replacing texts (with regex!) are also quite fast. Obviously, being multi-platform is a must that it fulfills quite well.

CONS

Some other editors have an easier time integrating third-party tools, like git tracking and extra toolbars / modules.

Reason for choosing Sublime Text

I feel like Sublime is faster and less clunky. I don't like to have a lot of options on the screen if I don't need them.

Reasons for switching to Sublime Text

I needed a truly multi-platform solution that worked the same everywhere.

Sanskriti

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Reviewed October 2020

Sublime Text: A light-weight text editor for smooth coding

Overall, my experience with Sublime Text was great. Since, we deployed sublime text on our desk we are able to solve underlying complexities at coding at ease. We are able to program or write codes for web applications to creating responsive websites, within a single text editor. As it supports multiple languages, we are able to switch between programming language or integrate one with another. Also, I loved the well organized folders tab that has extremely helped us in dealing with each and every files we need at work.

PROS

Sublime text is a pretty cool text editor with an incredibly active package repository. It's light weight and available for multiple platforms i.e. Mac, Linux and Windows. It's an all in one feature-rich editor meant for smooth coding. Going with premium versions, it has lot of integrated features including distraction free writing mode, quick shortcuts, search function, split editing and much more.

CONS

The only cons, I found in this text editor is that- it doesn't support direct installation of theme, extensions or plugins. We need to depend upon other third-party programs or IDE's to get these features. Apart from that, this application has no any further issues.

Reasons for switching to Sublime Text

Sublime supports third-party package integrations, annotations, shortcut keys and generate automatic code or autocomplete the texts, which is mostly lacking in Notepad++.

Rob

Reviewed October 2020

Write Between the Lines

Sublime is quite simply the best Text Editor that I've used. It's followed me from MacOS to Ubuntu, and with all the language choices that have come along the way... You can even very quickly turn it into a JavaScript IDE competitor with just a handful of plugins

PROS

Ignore reading between the line; Sublime's ability to contextually understand which language you are coding in saves you the stress, instead offering you the power to simply write! From the syntax highlighting you'd expect from other major IDEs such as Eclipse, or Visual Studio, alongside their ubiquitous autocomplete, you'll be pleasantly surprised with Sublme (the name of the app is sooo apt!). But here's the sweetest part; Sublime is the developer's best friend.... It's plugin friendly, and plugin rich (heck there are even tutorials about how to write your own Sublime plugin). Everything from turning it into a JavaScript powerhouse, to GIT integration, adding language parsers, even adding 'epic sounds' wen you write 'epic code' (https://github.com/Atbox/CodeChampion) With the fact that you can even integrate compilers with Sublime, it's the world's loveliest text editor (which may as well be an IDE).

CONS

If you want and IDE out of the box, go with VSCode or the likes, but in all fairness, I struggle to find anything that I cannot throw at Sublime Text with any real trouble to integrate... It's the gift that keeps giving.

Reason for choosing Sublime Text

While Atom may well catch up, Sublime's endless list of plugins make it a hard candidate to beat.

Reasons for switching to Sublime Text

While Notepad++ was definitely a vast improvement over the standard Windows Notepad, we all grow up.... My first experience in the 90's was writing simple HTML in Notepad, and using Windows, the natural step was from there to Notepad++. The thing is though that once you've delved into the professional coding realm, worked with companies using .Net (and obviously Visual Studio), then continuing into non-compiled scripting languages, then you simply cannot regress back to Notepad ++... You need the big boys toys, the one that'll get the job done quickly, and let you even commit it through GIT in the process.

Jeremy

Media Production, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2023

Simple, Yet Powerful

I started using Sublime Text in 2010 at design school, and it opened a whole new world of coding for me. There may be cheaper or more powerful text editors out there, but nothing feels better to me than Sublime Text.

PROS

Don't let the simple interface throw you off: Sublime Text can do just about anything, as long as you're willing to spend some time configuring it. The free version is plenty powerful for most front and backend development, and the purchase price is acceptable if you need more features.

CONS

The initial setup of "packages" to get Sublime Text started can be a little daunting, even to simply start editing HTML or CSS. But there is a world of packages that you can connect to and install instantly, for free. You just need to understand how this works.

Reason for choosing Sublime Text

Sublime Text is more powerful and easy to customize, with excellent code hinting.

Reasons for switching to Sublime Text

Sublime Text was simply more powerful.

Fazal Rahman

Program Development, 1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Change the way of your coding

I have a great experience as a starter with sublime however i have used many more IDEs after but sublime was and is awesome and time saving for me. Its pre-defined library helps me to write my code very fast and complete it soon.

PROS

I like the editing permission, even sometime it can happen a code can be mixed by any mean from my own-self or any damaged in my long term works. Sublime is easy for me i don’t need to write all the text of code and style sheet word by word it will define and detect my entry for any possible suggestion which is an ease in my tasks and time saving environment.

CONS

Just i was denied access for my own file once which will put us into question after searching for a way online i figured out to access my data. else i don’t see anything that i would like least about sublime.

Reason for choosing Sublime Text

I see no alternative product compare to sublime in its own kind.

Reasons for switching to Sublime Text

Because of the pre-defined and pre-made library it owns as i type my code and suggestion option completes my code then i can bring any changes or write my further code its simple thing but time and effort saving.

Sasikumar

Information Technology and Services, 10,000+ employees

Reviewed December 2023

Better editor application for code development

It was really good to use Sublime text for code development and it was so easy to use and understand than other softwares

PROS

Ease of access, supports many programming languages and plugins

CONS

Easy to install and use Compilation and build features Many configurable features

Features and UI is really good in Sublime text

Jim

Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2019

A standard for developers.

A great experience. Customized into everything I wanted, had all the tools I needed to edit in a windows environment for deployment into linux.

PROS

There's a ton to love here. Customizable color palette to work in dark, light, colorblind-specific and other preloaded or completely customizable shades. Preloaded LINT tools for most languages means that keywords, variables and branch statements are highlighted with various colors. Excellent and fast find/replace for open files, or, files in a directory you specify. Tons of addons, including my favorite DIFF tool to compare two files. Will save in Linux or windows file formats in case you work on one platform and your code runs in another. Also integrates well with GitHub.

CONS

There is a bit of a learning curve for the advanced features. Sublime can be run as easily as windows notepad, but if you want addons, LINT for unusual languages, or unusual features (vertical select), then it does take a bit of practice to get good with.

Reason for choosing Sublime Text

Better features and more stable.

Reasons for switching to Sublime Text

It's a bit more stable and polished than Notepad++, though it is a purchased product whereas Notepad++ is free.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed January 2022

Good text editor, with a few bells and whistles

Even though I don't use it as my main text editor, it's my preferred option when I want to make quick changes in small projects. Its clean and simple UI make it easy to work and switch between projects, and I've never had to worry about memory consupmtion. From time to time I miss having an integrated terminal or a debugger, but I really appreciate its minimalist approach; you end up decoupling your development tools, which in consequence boosts your productivity.

PROS

- it has a clean and intuitive user interface, which makes it easy to use - the UI can be customized with themes and fonts - it has autocomplete and indenting integrated, which boosts your productivity while programming - it has a "projects" feature, which can be helpful if you have to work on multiple projects - it's available in Windows, Mac and Linux - you can extend its functionality with plugins - it's lightweight

CONS

- the "projects" feature, although helpful, can be a little hard to set up - it doesn't have as many plugins as other text editors such as Visual Studio Code - there is no marketplace for searching and installing plugins - it doesn't have an integrated terminal - it doesn't have an integrated debugger - it doesn't have any kind of integration with version control tools sush as Git - it's not free. Although no features are locked behind a paywall and there's no time limit for the evaluation period, a pop-up appears periodically prompting you to buy a license, which could be bothersome for some people - it's not open source, which some people won't tolerate

Reasons for switching to Sublime Text

I needed a text editor with a simpler and more aesthetic UI, which Notepad++ lacked.

Donatien

Computer & Network Security, 11-50 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Sublime Text less execution bugs especially, if we deal more with source files

There are not enough bugs when running the application, very light, very practical for beginners or professionals a color code adapted to the context.

PROS

The use of different colors on the functions, there is no access of bugs during the execution, really very practical.

CONS

There is no possibility to download directly the packages online via the application, especially if we work on python for example, there is no integrated terminal, we must add the possibility to reach the source of a function from an instantiated object, really it is very important if we are in a large application.

Reason for choosing Sublime Text

It is a product that has an affordable price, very practical for beginners, very light, no unnecessary bugs when running the application, it is one of my first text editors when I started programming, more than 5 years ago.

Reasons for switching to Sublime Text

As I pointed out above, there is no possibility to reach a functionality or a class from an object, there is no system of traceability of modification of the source codes, does not interpret the source code to the component.

Nteziyaremye

Information Technology and Services, 1 employee

Reviewed February 2023

Your Key To Success: SUBLIME TEXT EDITOR

During my past years, i was a student and a software developer which made me very close with sublime. I used the free version and the paid version, but all i have seen is that Sublime is a great text editor and from it, i have realized that it can be even the most efficient according to many other text editor softwares around but also when used with enough skills and great environment like good performing computer.

PROS

Sublime is a one of the world best text editor which i can recommend due to how it is easy to get and download and installation is very fast. when it comes to the prices, sublime have a free version which doesn't have limit during it's evaluation but only allowed to create limited project but the licenses are also at a very low cost. I used it in 2 years of university and when I was developing my final school website as project. Switching from one project to another and customized colors is one of the coolest features that you don't want to miss. have I said about it's API? they work very fine and give you ability to interact with other plugins!

CONS

Like all other software, Sublime also have both sides like not being a free software because, some users don't have the ability to pay for the license which may be a limit to their project. The other thing i saw is about slow working when it comes to dealing with large files all opened at once but i guess they will improve in next versions.

Reason for choosing Sublime Text

The reasons why i choose Sublime over Atom are many like atom being the heavier in size hence the slowest when it comes to performance, the fact that atom is an open-source which can make it hackable and the way atom is lighter that sublime but lags when it comes to switching between files.

Reasons for switching to Sublime Text

I switched to atom text editor because i wanted to make a comparison on how those two softwares work around from time to time.

Muhammad

Internet, 2-10 employees

Reviewed August 2022

Sublime Text: One Of Best text editor To Use In 2022 As A Beginner

I found its interface very simple and well designed. Fonts are awesome and look good within the editor I still using the sublime editor. There are code editors similar to this editor, that are free (full version). sublime text is also free, but the fact that it has completely free competitors. I have found a pop-up on many occasions to upgrade to the full version. it is a little bit frustrating for me particularly when you are struggling to write a code.

PROS

It is a good code editor than notepad++. As a beginner, when I first started web programming I use note++ a lot, that was okay until a friend recommended me to use Sublime Text instead of note++. Sublime Text is installed with one click on my Windows OS. This editor has many of the coding essentials like autocomplete, a time-saver, and efficiency in code writing in HTML, CSS, JavaScript, etc. It has multiple editor tabs which are amazing, I'm able to easily navigate sections of code and Open files, folders with its accessible panels. For more, there are a lot of plugins and extensions available that can be added to enable additional features.

CONS

It is a good choice for you, as a beginner otherwise you may find it limited and will have to buy the full version for full functionality.

Reasons for switching to Sublime Text

note++ was not very attractive and its interface is not well designed.

1,001-5,000 employees

Reviewed November 2022

The best code and text editor

To sum up, i recommand you a give it a try because i love using sublime text to do all my developpment

PROS

I love the interface that is amazing and its offers you a cool and amazing features that can helps you to develop faster by adding plugging.

CONS

It's my favorite editor code, however you need to get familiar to it to fully enjoy it.

Reasons for switching to Sublime Text

Because it's sublime text is better in my point of view

Internet, 11-50 employees

Reviewed March 2022

Lightweight editor with great features

Sublime Text is a great piece of software, I use it on my smallest projects and when I'm not in my main terminal.

PROS

Is fast, easy to deploy and very intuitive

CONS

It lacks advanced automation and helpers

Reasons for switching to Sublime Text

Better consistency between windows and *nix systems

Elvis

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2019

The most effective, powerful and sophisticated text editor that exists.

Thanks to Sublime Text I can work in my development projects quickly and efficiently allowing me to finish them in record time, recycle code for reuse and modify projects easily increasing my productivity and income.

PROS

With Sublime Text I can create any type of project without limitations of programming language or framework thanks to its thousands of packages available either for website development projects through HTML code or in application projects with PHP, Python or Pearl, I can also work on projects with other languages such as Java, Ruby, MySQL and others, with Sublime I have the ability to move quickly through the documents of the entire project with its "GOTO ANYTHING" function or with the “GOTO DEFINITION" which generates an index of all the classes of the project, also through its multiple selection I can make all the changes I want in different areas of the document at the same time saving me a lot of time, the COMMAND PALETTE allows me to change the syntax automatically just looking for the one I want to navigate through the menus, thanks to its documents division function I can use my screen in an incredible way, allowing me to visualize several files at the same time and compare code or look for possible errors in them, I can also change instantaneously the projects in which I work without complications and without losing progress in which I am closing, It should be noted that Sublime Text is the text editor with the best performance that I have used and it is cross-platform since I can use it on Windows, Mac and Linux. For this and much more the most effective, powerful and sophisticated text editor that exists.

CONS

There is nothing I can say, it is just the best.

5,001-10,000 employees