• Pros

• "Our company had tried another platform and it was difficult to use. The price book functionality is great and extremely easy to use. I would certainly recommend this product."

• "I like that it is fast and user friendly, easy to use. I also like that when there is an issue it is easily fixed most of the time."

• "This program is very user friendly. It has really nice options for the information that is needed to be entered."

• Cons

• "Hard to find some things in the site, but overall good service."

• "A LOT OF FEATURES THAT WOULD MAKE IT EASIER, BE ABLE TO SEARCH A CUSTOMER WOULD BE GREAT OR EVEN AN INVOICE NUMBER, IT DOES NOT AUTO SAVE CUSTOMERS FOR SOME REASON,"

• "Part and task selection is cumbersome. The ability to add parts is easy but they dont capture the info."

Browse Coolfront Reviews

Vladimir from Comfort Tech Heating & Air Conditioning

Excellent software for invoices and scheduling

Pros

Integrated features such as scheduling onto Google calendar and ability to customize repairs, requires customer approval beforehand so that there’s no question on payment

Cons

Lags when synchronizing across multiple devices, sometimes doesn’t find previous customer service history accurately

Reasons for Choosing Coolfront

Price and overall ability in what we were looking for in field software

Response from Coolfront

Replied May 2019

Thanks, Vladimir for the review! Glad you like the Google Calendar Add-On :) Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

Stacy from Advanced Air

Great program & great value

Overall it has been great, however there is a much room for improvment.

Pros

I love the ease of use. All of our technicans can easily navigate the awesome flatrate book, with its up to date pricing. THe invoices port right into our Quickbooks accounting program.

Cons

If you have a ship to address with a different billing address, only the billing address displays on the work order when linked to quickbooks. Also in the agreements section it would be helpful if when searching for an agreement to add onto a work order if that information was in alphabetical order, however its not, it is in order by when it was added. FOR us this causes much headache and wasted time searching a long list that is rather difficult to find items.

Response from Coolfront

Replied May 2019

Great feedback, Stacy! And thanks for the 5-star review!! Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

Joan from Kroger

Great software that makes payments easy.

Pros

My favorite feature is that it makes payments easy. With Coolfront Payments, your technicians can run the customer's debit and credit cards from the coolfront mobile app in the field, no longer needing to bill the customer after the incident and pursue payments for months. Prices are competitive, funds are available the next day, and your customers will love you for making the payment so easy and hassle-free.

Cons

There are no parts I don't like. I use this software fondly.

Matt from Schmitt refridgeration

I like a lot but a lot is to desired.

Pros

Ease of use. Can be operated quickly with little experience. Like the part finder if you know how to use it.

Cons

I hate when it wants to update while either writing notes or searching for a part. I wish there were tabs in my favorites for favorite filters, types of freon, or belts instead of looking over my favorites 3 or for times. I wish I could add a custom part or charge myself instead of having my office remake what I've already done just so they can send it back to me to add it on my favorites. All of the other techs said the same about updates. Add them to the home page when available. Frustrating. Finally inputting carrier numbers usually calls for 2 additional numbers or letters at the beginning of a part number. If typed in using the part number supplied from carrier it fails to find it. If those 2 first numbers or letters are left off when typing it in it will find it every time. I have found this only on carrier parts. Thank you for your help.

Sherri from Circle Mechanical

Coolfront

We have had no major issues using this program. A plus it does sync with quickbooks as well.

Pros

Cons

The archived invoices and the calendar are frustrating at times. You have to click back on the calendar.

The ease of the system.

Bryan from Acker Heating & Cooling, Inc.

COOLFRONT has been a very pleasurable and user friendly software system for us.

Pros

We had tried 2 other scheduling software providers prior to finding COOLFRONT. In both cases the experience was stressful and was not beneficial to our company's production and therefore our bottom line. COOLFRONT has had 2 positive effects on our business. Not only did it solve our scheduling conflict issues, but also gave us access to new, up-to-date, flat rate pricing that has increased our bottom line and helped us become a more productive service company.

Cons

If there was one thing I would change about COOLFRONT, It would be to give ADMIN the ability to make changes to the cost of a part. When management feels like a customer needs a discount for that part or service, in my opinion, It would be much easier to simply adjust the cost of the entry that a tech has already found in the COOLFRONT data base, instead of having to make up a custom repair and price for that part .

Lori from Russell Electric Contracting

Good choice, but need some improvements!

Pros

Allowing real-time access to customer work orders and not having to keep up with "paper"work. I like that it syncs with our computer software, which makes it easier to receive work orders for invoicing faster for billing purposes. This will allow the customer to receive their invoice faster and allow payments to be accepted on the job site. The ability to be able to do that stood out to me and my technicians, making our jobs easier and more productive.

Cons

An improvement needed was to be able to work offline - sending and receiving customer information. Having the need for wifi slows the process of receiving work orders & invoices to the billing department from the technicians while they are out in the field.

Angelo from Reliable Tech Heating Cooling & Plumbing

Nice integration

Overall any system, in this case, Cool Front flat rate pricing that helps us run our business smoother is great.

Pros

What I appreciate most about cool front is that their pricing software integrates well with another system we use in our company (Fieldegde). It's makes pricing services easier!

Cons

Like any flat-rate pricing software it's close but every local market varies is cost of living (wages paid to employees etc.) is overhead that goes into the mark up so although it's pretty good I can't say its perfect.

Response from Coolfront

Replied January 2020

Thank you Angelo. It's great to hear that the integration between FieldEdge and Coolfront is helping your business!

jardel from Central IT

Financial independence

Great resource for self-employed people looking for a way to leverage and publicize their own business. A positive highlight of the tool is its high connection with various social networks that facilitates the dissemination of a professional. Speaking of improvement, the software could use a GPS to bring the user the closest professional to their location.

Cons

Response from Coolfront

Replied February 2020

Thank you for review Jardel!

Thomas from Hlavaty PHC

It is good but it certainly can use upgrades. I was promised and didn't get it!

Simplified my daily efforts.

Pros

The fact that it can be remotely approved by customers is my favorite feature. Of course it all looks good and very professional no matter what. I like the customizable ability for both installs and repairs, but wish there were more and that once you select an item from the saved customized list or from the database list even, that there was an easy way to make a custom amendments in at least the description so you could have the ability to make slight adjustments in model numbers and or the description to fit unique job circumstances (and be able to keep up with ever changing model numbers and even AHRI match data)

Cons

There is no way to type in any kind of a direct dollar value discount at the end of the work order which would fit in with my finance options. I would also like to be able to add a line for a tip to be added for the techs. If there was a way to add pictures of the customers system or work in both the customer noted and the internal noted that would be phenominal. The ability to add a pdf attachment for special contract would also be nice. I like to add standard statements that are often legally required to include in various jobs we do. It would be nice to have the ability to add a list of customized standard statements that need to be approved but don't have any money value attached to them. As it stands I put my customized statements in the install custom list and just added zero dollar amount with it. I also think that the standard statements added to a work order should not be counted toward the cost of the work order.

John from MKDS Mechanical, Inc.

Industry: Facilities Services

perfect solution for field techs (creating work orders, pricing jobs, collecting payments)

The price database has helped us charge more accurately and profitably. Perfect solution for our techs to create professional, digital work orders, price jobs/quote jobs, receive customer authorization, and collect payments in the field; however, does not fully automate office (need to utilize separate software solutions for accounting, CRM, scheduling. email, creating service contracts, etc.)

Pros

it's exactly what we needed for the field techs at service calls. it's the perfect solution for family business/ independent contractors to create professional, digital work orders, receive customer authorization and collect payments in the field. The parts database and ability to customize rates/add custom installs makes pricing jobs and quoting customers seamless. Integrates with quickbooks for invoicing/accounting and coordinates with google calendar (what we use for scheduling) Also, it's affordable , it was something we could actually afford to try out with no huge comittment and ended up loving it (no subscription fees/pay per workorder). In addition, the price database has helped us charge more accurately and profitably)

Cons

inability to add custom fields to work order template (i.e. there is no field to specify/enter model/sn# for equipment being serviced on the work order; we have to type it into the customer notes section.) also, need a separate CRM. although we LOVE coolfront for the field techs, this software does NOT function like a CRM so do NOT think it's a 1-software solution to automate your office/completely go digital. we still keep a file drawer of paper files and use google contacts/google calendar (which is something we aim to go "fully digital" with, but now that we rely on coolfront for the field service software it's been challenging finding a CRM to add-on that allows us to keep using coolfront for the workorders, payments, and parts/pricing database.) and, small thing, but when emailing a copy of the work order to the customer, it generates an auto email but does not let you type in a custom subject line or message into the actual email message (you have to add any notes into the customer notes section of the work order itself)

Response from Coolfront

Replied May 2019

Hi John - thanks for the thoughtful feedback. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it all out. I'm glad you've reaped the benefits of more profit!! Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

Chris from Arctic Heating & Cooling

CoolFront

I love that we are using less paper. Being able to see, edit, and advise technicians about the pricing and notes when they are in the field and I am in the office (or even running errands!) is great. Having the past history to look at is very helpful. The customer service at CoolFront has been good when we have needed help.

Pros

We use the software on iPads with data, so I can keep an eye on the technicians and see real time what they are entering into a service ticket. We have it linked to Payzer for accepting credit cards, and I can also see that immediately, as well as get an email notification when the payment is processed. We also offer Greensky Financing, and that is linked as well. The customers appreciate that we are "green" and using less paper.

Cons

The search function for older tickets isn't always user friendly. I wish I had more control over when a ticket is archived. We have 5 years of back data, and when I tried to integrate with Quickbooks, it created a lot of headaches for us with the past data. It ended up not being worth it and I turned it off. I don't like that technicians can create different profiles for the same address just by forgetting to capitalize a letter or even entering a wife's name when the last time it may have been the husband's.

Response from Coolfront

Replied May 2019

Thanks for the awesome review, Chris!! We appreciate it and we are so happy you love Coolfront and have reaped all of the benefits. Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

Mike from Tin Man Mechanical

Coolfront is way beyond all others in every aspect of their products and services.

Awesome experiences all around. If feels good to know that I’ll never have to research into any other programs because I’m at home with this one:

Pros

Coolfront has been, without exception, has always been way above the top notch in all aspects of their products (Apps, Add-Ons) and their services (Their in house Cutomer Service and all of their ADD-On’s Custom Service Crews). They have all been, every time I’ve had a need, been only a phone call away. It most literally felt like I was the only one calling them, as if I am the only one that has any questions or needs. They have always gone way beyond my expectations. Keeping in mind that I am a very small company- this very small fish has always been treated to swimming in their very big pond. I am looking forward to getting started with other Add-Ons like their mobile payment solutions program.

Cons

I’ve got nothing. I have not experienced any thing negative during my 4-5 years experience with Coolfront, To Your Success, and the Maintenance Program

Response from Coolfront

Replied April 2019

Wow, Mike. What an incredible review. We shared your comments with the entire company!! Thanks for being a stellar customer. Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

Jennifer from Premiere Mechanical Inc

Coolfront in HVAC Applications

Coolfront has been a great additional to our company's toolbox. It allows us to get pricing to customers upfront and we collect payments a lot quicker than before we start using this program. We've been using it for several years and we have not had any problems with the software on our desktop or our mobile devices. I highly recommend it to others.

Pros

I like how easy it is to input information. I like that it shows past invoices for customers when you create a new work order for them. It helps us keep our pricing consistent between users and uses industry averages to keep our prices in line. I like that I get information about the jobs done right away instead of waiting to get it from the techs. I like that it emails out invoices, estimates, and receipts to customers right away.

Cons

I don't like how it syncs with Quickbooks. The difference between taxed items and non-taxed items doesn't transfer over very smoothly so I have to enter everything into QB manually. The search tool could be a little more user friendly.

Response from Coolfront

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the fabulous feedback, Jennifer!! We're so happy to hear how Coolfront is a great addition to your company :) Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

Julia from JRT Mechanical

The best yet!

Forget paper, Coolfront makes it unnecessary. A tech can easily get to a job, write up a bill and get approval from the customer, even get their signature on the work order, all without a single printed paper. The rep in customer service has been awesome the whole time! She's stayed with us, reaching out over the 2years since we signed up to see how things are going and offer us training.

Pros

Coolfront syncs with Google Calendar, enabling our techs to click and go without the messy copy/paste of the job address into their GPS. For dispatching, once the work is on the Calendar, I can quickly hit the address that pops up on the schedule and map job distances, so that work flows well for the tech that day.

Cons

Customer notes need to be more visible: We copy and paste checklists into internal/customer notes so the customer see's an outline of work performed and any suggestions the tech has. (Picture the checklist you see on the printout after an oil change) We've had to add extra steps when setting up a work order to make Coolfront work for us. Great we're able to customize, even greater if they decide to add our suggestion so it saves us time.

Chris from Ernie Hall and Son, Inc. Heating and A/C

I have been using CoolFront for over five years now and couldn't be more satisfied!!

Being a user and believer in Flat Rate this software makes it easy...one less headache to deal with!!!

Pros

Easy to use, I love the repair look up format. Customer service is awesome and I have never had to wait on hold or have someone call me back. Being able to read, write or check the status of a work order from anywhere is great. The customers love the invoice format and the fact it is emailed to them right there on the spot! It integrates with Payzer which makes taking credit cards or financing so easy!! I especially love the customer surveys that are automatically sent out and being able to pass a gift along to a new customer or a customer having a birthday or anniversary! It integrates with quickbooks and google calendars...love that!!!

Cons

I wished we could sent a email to a customer letting g them know we are on the way. Being able to separate invoices by counties or municipalities for year in license payment.

September 2016

Robert from Comfort Pro Heating & Cooling, Inc.

September 2016

Best Flat Rate Pricing Program that is continually growing!

Love the way it streamlines everything for the technician in the field. The Coolfront team is great and they are continually improving their services and spectrum. Only star missing is on Features & Functionality, because it is (for us) a stand-alone program that does not integrate with our accounting software (QuickBooksOnline), yet. Prospective users - you can't go wrong with this! Definitely add eTouch for extremely effective customer feedback & review collection!

Pros

Easy to learn & use. Straightforward and simple for the customer to understand. Send work-orders, estimates or invoices directly to customer's email.

Cons

Integration. We have to manually move each work-order from CF into our accounting software. This is just a matter of linking (with QuickBooksOnline) and then this thing will be unstoppable for us!!

Heather from Glastonbury Mechanical Corp.

Industry: Building Materials

Coolfront Payments by Clearent

We've been working with Coolfront 5+ years and never had an issue that was not resolved quickly.

Pros

Simple to use, straight forward flat rate pricing, current industry equipment/parts pricing embedded in software and always improving and adding new products. Never gave us a reason to consider moving.

Cons

Recently bought out and informed we will need to use Clearent for our merchant processing. Called to clarify and given the word that our current processor will not be compatible with the planned platform changes to come July 2019. Perhaps I misunderstood but I'm under the impression that we must switch to their desired processor. What about signed agreements and contract cancellation fees from our current merchant processor? I have a feeling this is going to be expensive and possibly painful.

Response from Coolfront

Replied June 2019

Thank you for your review, Heather!! We really value it :) Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

William from WG Heating LLC

Gamechanger

The software was very easy to learn. It easily integrates with quick books. You just tell the software your overhead and decide what you want your markup to be on certain price ranges and Coolfront does the rest. Coolfront has drastically increased profit margins and we are no longer unintentionally undercutting our market. It has also streamlined our service records, cutting down on office work. This software is perfect for the one man show or a company with 50 employees.

Pros

Ease of use, easy integration, very affordable, continuous upgrades to cater to industry changes, tailored to your company, pay as you go (no contracts), and increased profit margins.

Cons

There are some limitations compared to software that you would spend well over 10X as much. I would like to see some templates for “notes”

Response from Coolfront

Replied May 2019

WOW, William. What an amazing review and feedback. We really appreciate it and love to hear how Coolfront has boosted your profits :) Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

Julian from LB Chase Mechanical

Overall Good Product

Coolfront is a great way to present customers with pricing and quotations on the spot. It also makes it easy to watch over the technicians to ensure they are performing the necessary checks on the jobs and that they are charging correctly.

Pros

The ability to get customers approval, and have a homeowner sign off on a repair before hand. The ability to make custom repairs, ease of use, and overall professional look are all factors as well.

Cons

Seems to be missing some key features (EX: A way to denote if a customer has made a partial payment other than putting it in the notes. Would like to see it more visible, similar to the discount options.) . Also have found three separate instances where a custom repair had been omitted from the total charged, but was still present in the itemized list.

Response from Coolfront

Replied June 2019

Hello Julian! Thank you for writing in, we truly value your feedback!! Stay Cool :) Kate @ Coolfront

April from All Knight Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc.

We use it daily

It helped us integrate into a service based software for our techs to use in the field instead of using hand written invoices.

Pros

It isn't complicated to use for my techs. The mobile app is easy. The customer must approve the repairs before work is done.

Cons

1. Not enough spaces to enter my description and pricing (favorites). 2. Changes customer information randomly (we will change a phone number, then after saving it, it will revert back to what was previously automatically generated - addresses, names, etc.). 3. Expensive 4. Does not enter an invoice into quickbooks if there isn't an amount and when we do a service that is prepaid for then there isn't a dollar amount and it will not put it in my system so I am double inputing. 5. On the mobile app, every single time we use it, it constantly requests us to update, even if we just did the update.

Jeff from Arctic Heating & Cooling

We have used Coolfront for 4 years, and find it a valuable tool for our company.

less paperwork, easy to access from anywhere, easy to see what happened on previous service calls.

Pros

We like not having paper work. Both the customers & our office like the digital service ticket. It's also very convenient to watch what a service tech is doing by checking in on Coolfront. I like being able to add as many notes as I want, and then if I have to go back 6 months later I can see what happened on a service call.

Cons

There are 3 things that come to mind that I would like to see changed. #1 - I would like to search & not have to include a date range. It would be convenient to just put in a house number or last name. #2 - I wish unpaid tickets could display a different color (maybe yellow? ) and then not archive until they are paid. #3 - Also if we could search for tickets based on their status. ( Paid/Complete/New/ Started)

Rebecca from I. T. Heating and Air

I use this everyday, all day, and do like it. I just wish it did a bit more & had a few more things

In-field invoicing & pricing. Ease of scheduling. Parts reorder simplified.

Pros

I like that it syncs to Google Calendar & Quickbooks. I also enjoy the Parts Cart for resupplying the technicians. I enjoy easily being able to find repairs to bill them to the work order/invoice. I like being able to add custom repairs, discounts and pricing.

Cons

I don't like that the billed time/cost of part don't show on the internal view of the work order/invoice. I don't like that I can't run a report of average hours/dollars for each technician, since those values don't sync over into Quickbooks when the invoice does. I wish there was a way to "Pause" a work order so that the technician can return to it later due to possible part delay, weather delay or other circumstance. I wish we could customize the line item field for repairs other than creating a repeat custom repair for those time that it is an unusual circumstance or repair. I would like to be able to run some sort of report of what dollar/hour per work order/invoice we are tracking within the app itself. These are just a few of the items I would like to see within the Coolfront App.

Coolfront has helped us a lot

Overall we have been very pleased with Coolfront. We have been using it for about 3 years now. The customer service is fantastic. Any time we have had a problem (which has not been much, and usually our own fault) customer service has been more than happy to help us and always so friendly.

Pros

Our technicians love that they can just type in a repair and get the pricing. It makes things much easier for them. Then be able to print out a copy of the work order for the customer right there on the spot. They are using Epson mobile printers and the combination in great.

Cons

Two things I have heard the technicians say that they would like is to be able to click on a customers phone number and call right from Coolfront, and the same thing with the address. They would like to be able to access Google maps right from the customers address in Coolfront

Edward from Meyers Heating and Air Conditioning

HVAC contractor going from paper to Coolfront

Overall we are definitely more profitable with the flat rate database. And it does save some keystrokes, but it doesn't fix all our issues or handling of service tickets.

Pros

I absolutely love the flat rate pricing database- and the pricing best practices through out the country. That part is awesome. I also like the history that shows up for each customer so my techs have information at their finger tips.

Cons

1) Sometimes it is a little difficult to find certain parts. I was looking for an inducer motor for a Lennox and no manufacturer comes up. I had to call Lennox to get part number, and then it was easily found. 2) Reporting- we collect sales tax- so to be able to report sales would be helpful. We still have to identify how much of the Flat rate is the part cost and mark up and how much is labor to put into our accounting software. 3) speed from going between day to day to look up customer is deathly slow.

n/a

Response from Coolfront

Replied January 2020

Thank you for your feedback, Edward. If you are using Quickbooks and Coolfront, there is a way for you to manage your sales tax between the two programs. Our support team would be more than happy to walk you through and answer any questions or provide further assistance for you!

Roger from Carew Heating & A/C.

Excellent product for routine maintanence techs.

Overall I am very satisfied with the product and it’s usefulness for routine services. I wish payment was integrated and the ability to work with wintac for database history for our company.

Pros

The ability to copy and paste routine notes and the customization to our products that are common repairs. Also keeping customers data and info to look back at last calls.

Cons

The parts options are national averages and don’t reflect our regions pricing structures without always having to adjust. Also many popular Trane parts are not listed and you have to adjust the labor time to reflect what we would normally charge for that part. The fact that if I have to enter this multiple times to get a good price for my customer runs up the line items for each ticket charge. If I recall they charge for every two line items but if I delete and have to add it four or five times to get the pricing closer I believe that’s a charge to us for another ticket. Could have more common parts and a database that is a little easier to navigate.

Response from Profit Strategies

Replied September 2018

Thanks for the great review Roger! We're going to have our Trade Specialist get in touch with you to offer some assistance with the Trane repairs!

Joshua from Indoor Climate Experts HVAC LLC

Coolfront is good but striving to achieve greatness

I have been using Coolfront for 9 months now and they are truly making an effort to improve but I'm really waiting to see if this is going to be worth it as a long term solution.

Pros

Coolfront has fixed many of the bugs and random updating problems from the past. It integrates well with quickbooks and now offers payment options on the invoice with automated follow up survey options. There is a large database of repairs and equipment that makes invoicing quick and easy.

Cons

Coolfront really really needs a downloadable app. Integration to quickbooks could be more advanced by applying payments collected on the job to the proper account upon sync. There us a lack of Lennox equipment and the pricing of the existing Lennox equipment is not accurate ($200 air filter?). The "get savvy" link would be much more useful by allowing customization. The technician assigned to the job should correlate to the email address that is seen on the invoice. The amount of invoices used does match the amount of invoices I've been charged for (Overcharged).

Response from Coolfront

Replied June 2019

Thank you for your feedback and 5-star review, Joshua!! Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

Jenny from Full Service Heating and Air Conditioning, LLC

Coolfront has streamlined our billing process.

Pros

Coolfront allows our technicians to bill our customer and receive payment at time of service which I feel has greatly reduced the number of outstanding accounts. I really like the auto-fill feature for repeat customers. I also like how easy it is to add special repairs that can't be found in the automated repair list.

Cons

I don't like the fact that you don't have an option to look for updates-a message pops up to update and it's always at a bad time. I also don't like the limited amount of custom items under tune-ups and discounts. We could really use more in both areas as there are still items that are not listed or are listed but are way off on the amount to bill the customer. I wish there was a way that we could update the actual cost of parts vs using the price that is listed. There are many times that the cost listed vs our actual cost is very, very different.

Jessica from Hillside Heating & Cooling

Not tech friendly

It's ease of use for the technicians who are not always computer savvy makes it good for the person in the office who has to understand what the technician is trying to convey.

Pros

Ease of closing out & invoicing calls. Typing gives you a lot of freedom for notes for customers. Searching, when works is phenomenal.

Cons

Searching for parts. We use a lot of mobile home parts. None of the part numbers come up. It's usually hit or miss on trying to find part #'s. I end up searching for "blower motor" and try to find one who's cost matches ours.

Response from Coolfront

Replied April 2019

Hey Jessica! Thanks for the feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our flat rate search engine. I will pass your comments along to the dev team. In the meantime, please reach out if you need help navigating the app in any way. Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

Susan from Elliott's Elite Heating & Cooling, Inc.

It works well. I wish it was easier to search for customers & if they merged better.

emailing of invoices & receipts. Flat rate pricing.

Pros

I like the ease of entering the information. I like that you can email receipt to customer right away. I like how it can be an invoice or a receipt.

Cons

It's not easy to search for a customer unless you know the date of the last time you were there. That is my major disappointment with this program. Searching for customers & history & merging the calls together. I ALWAYS have to go to add on & Merge. I wish it was more automatic. I use wintac & it always pulls up correct customer just by entering a few letters or address. You dont' even need complete info. If Coolfront doesn't correct the merge/search soon I will have to switch to a different software/dispatching program.

Sally from Plumbing

Finally able to bill upon completions in the field.

I think it saves the company and makes the dreaded end of the month billing obsolete.

Pros

Being able to bill the customer right on the spot and collect the money is great. This keeps the cash flow going and we have less bad debt from customers that refuse to pay later. It is also nice that all bills are consistent, just in case neighbors would compare. I also like that it will prefill info from our QuickBooks database. Very easy to set up new customers and add or change information. It is nice it will show previous service call information on the form for easy reference.

Cons

Sometimes the program can run slow. This can cause our guys in the field to have to wait until the changes come through to their I pads.

Bridget from Terrace Heating and Air

Best Software Ever

Cool front has helped me with the dispatch calendar. It automatically sends all of the appointments straight to the google calendar. My service techs can easily put in pricing and collect in the field.

Pros

I have used many dispatching software and I find Cool front to be the easiest to use. I love that the flat rate pricing is built into the programming. It makes is easier for my service techs to come up with prices in the field.

Cons

The only thing that I find annoying with the software is finding archived work orders.

Response from Coolfront

Replied April 2019

Bridget - we are so ecstatic to read your amazing review!!! I will pass your feedback along to the dev team about archiving work orders but thanks so much for taking the time to share how much you love Coolfront and the flat rate database :) Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

Robert from Wheeling Heating LLC

Coolfront Usage

Reduces paperwork somewhat but customers prefer a printout for records. We have seen better profits on repairs with the flat rate program. Am quite satisfied overall with only a few things that could be more useful. I would recommend this program to others.

Pros

It has large repair database which saves time. Is relatively easy to use if you use correct numbers. Customers seem to approve of it. Updates often and stays current.

Cons

Does not allow you to save estimates. Archives them and treats them as completed work orders. This causes some erroneous billings to occur because it syncs with Quickbooks and creates invoices when work has not been done. A bit difficult to search for estimates without date. Only saves certain number in Archives.

Response from Coolfront

Replied May 2019

Hi Robert! Thanks for the review :) Did you know you can print and email invoices? That may appeal to your customers who want more of a "hard" copy. Appreciate your feedback! Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

Clifton from WEATHER READY Heating and Cooling

Industry: Utilities

Coolfront has the features I need for my HVAC business

Good software, fair price for all you get and good support team.

Pros

I have used Coolfront for about 6-7 years now. 3 with my previous employer and 4th year when I went out on my own to earn a living. I like the features Coolfront offers with easy to find results for many parts stored in the database thats updated to list the cost of parts so you can give the home owner a updated repair estimate.

Cons

Well, can't say nothing I don't like. The way it keeps track of all invoices and past calls to that customer is great too. I have recommended Coolfront to many business associates.

Response from Coolfront

Replied November 2019

Thank you for the positive review Clifton! It's great to hear that you've started your own business and that Coolfront is part of your success.

Joe from Shield Comfort Heating and cooling

It's a nice program. Have been using it for a couple of years and have no real complaints.

Easier usage. No storage for paper invoices.

Pros

Pro the software is usable in offline mode. The fact customer's are stored online and pay supporters are saved is excellent. The ability to assign management duties to individuals controlling their level of interaction. Google calendar integration is great.

Cons

Cons, I do wish the navigation between screens was't so involved. A common menu through the app would make it easier as opposed to the back button. And currently it is only compatible with QuickBooks to synch with. A feature which I'm sure is nice but I don't use QuickBooks which makes my bookkeeping all manual. No ability to download invoices as spread sheet. Search feature is good but could be simplified. Dispatching can be a little confusing if more than 5 tech's. The app doesn't work well with some of our other office management software.

Ryan from Abel heating and cooling

Very robust pricing matrix for nearly anything you might run into

Other than the above mentioned things everything else in my opinion works nearly perfectly for us and they also do a good job of updating the prices pretty consistently.

Pros

The system is very intuitive and surprising pretty acculturate when it comes to vendor prices and how they can use that to calculate your invoices . The signature feature is also nice and its looks very sleek in front of customers.

Cons

That being said from a field prospective its great and simple to use but dispatching on the other hand could use a little work. For one scheduling 20 plus calls in a day can become a nightmare especially when you have people calling in to change appointment times. Hopefully one day they will make a new interface for desktops its over complicated right now compared to other software services coming from the scheduling end of things.

Response from Profit Strategies

Replied September 2018

Thanks for the great review Ryan! We've mentioned this to our development team and it's something we can hopefully implement in the near future! Are you currently using the Google Calendar feature?

Daniel from Pugh Heating

Efficient and effective

Uniform pricing, and an easy, understandable process for customer approval of repairs.

Pros

Consistent pricing throughout the service department, easy access to prior service records, customers respond well to pricing they can see. The process for getting customer approval is simple and easy, even for customers who have difficulty with adapting to technology.

Cons

The process for looking up certain repairs can be cumbersome. In starting to adapt to the new search system for repairs it seems that some of the old keywords and phrases which used to work for finding repairs are no longer specific enough to get to find what is needed, also the number of items which are available to look through when searching in a broad sense have been greatly reduced and this has created some problems when searching for general repairs.

Melissa from Master mechanical

Always great service and

Way too many benefits to list. It is just an incredibly easy scheduling/invoicing software and I’m excited to see what new innovative apps they come up with to an agreement within the software. Customer Service is always very friendly and knowledgeable!

Pros

Ease of use and always coming up with new innovative ideas and apps.

Cons

If there’s one thing I think they could improve on is helping users to understand that the bookKeeping software they use may not integrate all the features that coolfront has to offer. We use QuickBooks online and cannot use the email or text reminder feature.

Response from Coolfront

Replied May 2019

Hey Melissa! Too many benefits to list? Wow, we like to hear that :) Thanks for the great review. Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

Alex from Bear Comfort Heating & Air Inc.

Overall Good Software

Overall the software is pretty good and makes it easier when the time comes to collect from a customer. If a few issues could be resolved with this software it would be great.

Pros

Payment integration, Quickbooks integration, Customer history, customization ability.

Cons

The lack of integration with coolfront agreements. Would be easier to know if a previous customer has a service agreement at the time of creating a new work order. Being charged for invoices that are canceled or made by mistake, or being charged for an invoice that has not been completed.

Response from Coolfront

Replied January 2020

Thank you for the review Alex. We're always working to improve the Coolfront experience and your feedback will be included in our future plans.

Jessen from Peerless HVAC, Inc.

I like Coolfront!

I can enter Work Orders, and our techs can retrieve all of the customers' information on their phones. This facilitates a smooth transition from one appointment to the next, without having to check in with the office. The efficiency of entering Work Orders once, with the office and techs having access, saves time and minimizes miscommunication .

Pros

I can copy & paste all pertinent info. into my follow-up documents.

Cons

I have to go to Archive and enter specific dates, to get any work order from a previous week. Simply entering that date, will not pull up the work order. Also, there is no allowance made for cancellations. We are paying for Work Orders that get canceled, which makes me hesitate to enter them ahead of time. This also affects our scheduling.

Response from Profit Strategies

Replied September 2018

Hi Jessen, thanks for the review! We always appreciate customer feedback and it seems you're throughly enjoying the Coolfront app!

William from Elkins Air Cond. & Heating, Inc.

Very good. Readily accepted and implemented by service technicians.

Cost reduction overall of processing service related billing and customer tracking. Also reduction in preprinted forms. Repairs data base that is always up to date. Made is a more profitable service company due to uniform pricing and makes it easy for tech to price out job.

Pros

Easy to use. Usage cost is applied to each ticket. Data bases updated regularly. QB integration. Am really liking the recently added feature of "installs & quotes".

Cons

Some of our problems are due to slow internet I suspect. Don't like the automatic archiving of work orders. I want it put away when I deem it appropriate. Don't like the new search engine dynamics. Old one was better in my opinion.

Stacy from Advanced Air & Metal

September 2016

Best bang for your buck!

We have used Coolfront for 3 years now. It has definitely improved throughout the years. It gives our techs accurate pricing and helps us provide instant invoices to our customers. We will continue to use this program and have referred others to it as well. Overall the functionality of it is great! I can't wait to see what the come up with next.

Pros

We like the paperless billing. It is nice to be able to look up products and show the customer right on the spot and email the receipt upon completion of the service call.

Cons

Having to switch to a different screen to add multiple quantities of items.

Neil from Voss heating and air conditioning

Coolfront changed our business

Pros

It was easy to start using it, getting it set up and so forth. Extremely easy to make changes as we have used it over time. The customer service when we have had questions has been over the top helpful. We ha e even made suggestions that were met with a “good idea” and then our suggestions were implemented in updates!

Cons

Initially there were some things we would have liked better, but updates have remedied them all.

Response from Coolfront

Replied April 2019

Hey Neil! Happy to hear you've liked all of our product improvements. Keep any suggestions you have coming - our dev team takes customer feedback VERY seriously. Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

Outstanding - flat rate software

We use the flat rate software often enough that it becomes easier and easier.

Pros

Flat rate makes the quoting easier. The labor, taxes, all included. That produces no arguments about hourly charges. As well, there are no part numbers on the invoices, just job numbers and task numbers. Makes the software less threatening to suave internet homeowners and business owners.

Cons

Sometimes the needed parts are not available. Need to cross search better, (need either part numbers or descriptive search). Some parts are not prices well, (a little over the actual - better than being to low.)

Jenny from Full Service Heating and Air Conditioning, LLC

Fast, Easy Billing

Overall, Coolfront is a very helpful tool to allow technicians to bill the customer when the work is performed helping reduce the number of open accounts.

Pros

Entering customers is quick and easy. Adding repairs is also simple with the search bars.

Cons

I wish our employees couldn't see how much time it's suggested to take to make the repair-only administration. Our employees at times take advantage of that and take longer to make a repair than what they really need.

Response from Coolfront

Replied April 2019

Hi Jenny! Great feedback regarding repair time. I will pass along to our product team. Overall, glad you are enjoying Coolfront and reaping the benefits! Kate at Coolfront

Tony from Blakeman Plumbing and Heating

Excellent. Changed our service department for the better.

Pros

Glance back is extremely helpful. Merge it is also extremely helpful. Email button to send invoice or receipt to customer is great. Able to use system off line is very important to us. Cellular service is not great in our area.

Cons

Would like to add more default email addresses. For example, when I send to customer I would also like accounting to get the invoice as well as myself ( Service Manager) Parts Cart doesn't show up all the time so it quit thinking about it. When I view a techs work order I don't see Parts cart.

Response from Profit Strategies

Replied October 2017

Tony, all of us here at Coolfront appreciate your business!

Clifton from WEATHER READY Heating and Cooling

Industry: Utilities

My Coolfront Review

GREAT SOFTWARE FOR BUSINESS OWNERS

Pros

I used this software t my Previous employer before I started WEATHER READY Heating and Cooling. I like Coolfronts software that makes it easy to keep track of all jobs and service calls. Coolfront is a great software for helping me to keep up with my business. I would recommend Coolfront to all HVAC, plumbing and electrical contractors.

Cons

I have no cons about the software. I have had no issues.

Response from Coolfront

Replied April 2019

Hi Clifton!! We are so happy you love Coolfront and are reaping the benefits of work order management and business efficiency. Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

David from Cutaia heating & cooling

Highly recommended!!

Great experience. Profits have definatly increased since I started using it. It has been about 7 years that I have used the software now

Pros

I love that is syncs with my QuickBooks. Makes a lot less work when it comes to be tax time. Also it’s great that it has most of the hvac parts I use stored in in with the recommended flat rate hours. It also works well with the credit card company payzer.

Cons

Sometimes when a payment is made with payzer it doesn’t show up on the invoice as being paid with payzer.

Response from Coolfront

Replied May 2019

Hi David! Thanks for the amazing review and feedback. We appreciate it!! Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

Nathan from Nathan Baugh Heating & Cooling, LLC

Coolfront 4 years in

Overall coolfront has been a great tool to help grow my business.

Pros

Easy to use software. It really helps you find the best repair and then confronts pricing is geared towards you building your business.

Cons

Needs to be a way to keep up with customers and maintenance agreements sold. I have to integrate coolfront into quickbooks which works well for the most part. There are still some kinks to be worked out.

Response from Coolfront

Replied May 2019

Hey Nathan! Thanks for the feedback and great review! You should check out our Coolfront Agreements software to manage your agreement customers and schedule maintenance visits. Stay Cool! Kate @ Coolfront

Dawn from GVs Heating & Cooling

Highly Recommend!!

We have been with Coolfront from the Beginning, and i would highly recommend this to any HVAC / Plumber or Electrician.

Pros

We no longer have missing invoices. We can now read what the technicians types in, compared to the written invoices. User friendly, and very easy to train our new employees with this software. I would highly recommend, this has made our lives easier in the field and in the office!