• Pros

• "Very convenient application for scheduling haircut appointments and selecting services. No need to call and disturb working staff. I like "add to calendar" function and the appointment reminders. "

• "This software is easy to use and understand, as well as being aesthetically pleasing to the eye. It's well implemented and fulfills all possible user needs/wants."

• "I like how easy it is for customers to view the availability of specific stylists. Scheduling is much easier because of this."

• Cons

• "Nothing really stands out as a major negative. The software is a little complicated, so it took a little bit to get comfortable with, but it was completely worth it!"

• "nothing i can think of at the moment. i like the entire thing"

• "I would love having an ability to see any stylist available on any given day. Instead of having to choose specific stylist and then see available dates."

Browse EZsalonware Reviews

Cody from WorldStrides

Haircut Scheduling Made Easy

As stated in my pros above, scheduling haircuts and salon/spa services have never been easier. I think this should be used by any and every salon, spa, and barber.

Pros

Ezsalonware is frankly groundbreaking in terms of scheduling my haircuts at Studio 108 in Charlottesville, VA. I was able to either create username and/or use Facebook to login to the software and from there things just got easier! Select my stylist, select my service, and the time and date. In good to go in just a couple minutes! I recommend this software be used at salons and barbers nationwide.

Cons

Selecting the time for my appointment after selecting a date was sometimes slightly confusing. I don’t know if it was showing the most in demand times that were available first, but I had to select to see ALL available times for my stylist on that date. I would prefer it just show all available times to begin with.

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

Thanks for using EZsalonware. We are making moves to get in as many salons as possible. In regards to your comment for selecting a date, when a particular stylist is booked, you viewed our option to book with other stylists that have availability.

Mike from Studio 108

Industry: Cosmetics

Best Salon Software; No other salon software offers these tools

EZsalonware has helped my salon run efficiently and smoothly. Nothing else on the market even compares nor has the same technology.

Pros

It helped my business to grow financially as well as increase my customer base.

Cons

It's pretty simple and user friendly so nothing to mention.

Reasons for Switching to EZsalonware

Because EZsalonware is more than just a scheduling program.

Chris from Political Organization

Easy Use

its a good functional peice of software that is probably good enough for salons to use easily

Pros

Ability to reserve an appointment at my own convienience

Cons

visuals arent that good / doesnt fill screen well

Ivan from UNIVERSITY OF VIRGINIA

Industry: Research

A great way of scheduling your appointments

Pros

Ezsalonware is super easy to use: a relatively minimum functionality and a progress bar showing your progress (a type of service --> stylist --> day and time) makes getting an appointment a breeze. No need for calling the salon, spelling your name, asking what times are available, and trying to choose between a few options you get. With Ezsalonware, I can see all the available slots online, weigh various options, and chose times that work best for me in a minute or even less. I also like that the stylist has a lot of information about my preferences written down in the software so that he knows exactly how my last haircut was done. No need to remember a thing - it is all in the database.

Cons

There is nothing really that I did not like about the software. The functionality is fairly simple, and I don't need more. It simply gets the job done. I just don't get why other salons don't use this software - the convenience for customers is great.

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

EZsalonware's progress bar a helpful way of letting you know your progress throughout booking your appointment. Our service notes section has helped salons and stylists to replicate the same look from appointment to appointment and helps to bypass the consultation part once you've arrived at something that the customer is happy with.

Adin from Sequoia

Fantastic Software

Pros

I have tried EVERY type of salon software, including Rosy and Salon Iris and none of them had the functionality I wanted. EZsalonware is by far the most customizable option of them. And with it, I was able to grow my salon book by a ton. It literally saves me $125 a day by not having stylists have dead time between appointments. It also has a really great messaging feature that reduced the amount of missed appointments by at least 50%.

Not enough functionality.

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

Thanks for mentioning all of our great features that help to maximize profit for salon!

Samuel from University of Virginia

Makes scheduling easy

Pros

I’ve been using this software from the beginning of its life. The software is intuitive and easy to use on both my laptop and on my phone. I Like being able to easily specify the stylist I want online, because I've been in situations where I felt uncomfortable asking for a specific stylist other than the person booking me in the phone. It also clearly lays out the services offered by the salon, saving time when booking something more complicated than a basic cut. This software depersonalizes and streamlines the booking experience in a way that is convenient for the customer. The ease of booking encourages me to stick with the same salon each month.

Cons

While the interface is efficient and functional, it’s not the prettiest in a world where beautiful apps are all over the place. If this project generates more funding/revenue, I’d recommend professionally upgrading the interface on a purely aesthetic level. Though when it comes to the form/function question, I would take a working app over a beautiful and broken one any day. And this one works well.

Cutter from Kombucha Biomaterials LLC

Industry: Biotechnology

I've never looked so consistently good!

Pros

This software lets my hairstylist keep a tab on how my hair is usually cut and how I have experimented as well. It is flawless and as a customer makes my hair stylist appear knowledgeable and personable on the hair cut I am receiving. It also makes having another stylist cut my hair sooo much easier as they can reference the notes and bring them up to speed on my preferences.

Cons

As a customer, I have no experiences that were negative in the slightest with this software.

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

Getting consistent cuts is our priority for our stylists and that is one of the reasons that makes EZsalonware more than just scheduling software!

Michael from SafetyAmp

Ezsalonware

I am a customer that uses Ezsalonware to book appointments. I have always been a person who prefers to make a phone call when making resrvations, booking flights, or ordering food. I find that most software solutions companies use are clunky, not intuitive, buggy, and many times - not mobile friendly. I have encountered errors in orders i have placed that no one seems to have an answer for except for blaming me, the customer, for some sort of user error. It is beyond frustrating. However, Ezsalonware is the first booking solution that I have found to be easy and hassel free. I have not encountered any issues with booking, and I love the hassel free reminders I receive to keep the appointment. I still call many companies that have online ordering or booking available, but i only use ezsalonware when I need a hair cut.

Pros

Easy to use, clean interface, automated reminders, no buggs or clitches. Simple and clean.

Cons

I think the simpleness of the end user experience is perfect. Adding more bells and whistles will just clunk up the interface in my opinion.

Derek from UVa

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Great Software

Pros

The software is very simple and streamlined for making easy appointments. However also adds more extended functionality when able to add more detailed information about cuts, previous history and see terminology that is applicable to future cuts.

Cons

There's honestly not much I would add. I think that it efficiently solves the issue of creating an appointment in a timely fashion. My only slight tweak would be consider adding .ics or .vcs to the confirmation to make it easily work with google calendar, ical, or outlook

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

Thanks for pointing out how we have a section for service notes! This is a valuable tool that our customers appreciate.

Speed of Use

Pros

It is easy to use so that appointments can be made (or changed) quickly.

Cons

Initially, the appointment display did not present clearly when using Chrome, but was OK with Explorer. The issue was resolved soon after notifying the programmer.

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

Yes, EZsalonware is FAST! We get that alot and we understand how important it is to save time.

Dan from ChartIQ

Very functional, nice extras, just needs aesthetic cohesion

I'm glad it works and keeps me from having to talk to a person to make a hair appointment (because millennials and genZ be like that). Once you know how it works, it's very fast and effective.

Pros

Booking an appointment is streamlined and easy. The journey from the Studio108 webpage to the completed appointment page is very well scoped. Once logged in, the extras like "Hair Terminology" and "Appointment History" are really nice to have. Most hair salons don't offer that to you, and most people in need of haircuts don't have the vocabulary to express what they want.

Cons

These are only aesthetic concerns for the most part. Take note of how the buttons on your Studio108 homepage look different from the "Make an Appointment" button, which look different from the "Home" and "Done" buttons when making an appointment. If you had to choose a button to emulate, you should emulate the one on your Studio's Homepage, as it is very modern-looking and up to par with current web aesthetics (you would describe it as an example of "Flat Design").

Nathan from Merkle

Functional and fast; easy for a user

Pros

Booking is very straight forward. Clicking around is minimized; generally less actions one has to take is better. There is both an option to choose a particular stylist or to go for any stylist. The calendar menu for choosing an appointment works well. It is functional and fast.

Cons

The UI could use updating. The site renders bars and menus very large on desktop. Once logged in there is a great deal of whitespace; the menus get slammed to the far edges leaving a great big void in the middle of the pages.

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

EZsalonware minimized the clicking and designed booking to be fast and user friendly. We have made updates so that the UI is spaced and centered! Thanks for your feedback

Matthew from Shields health solutions

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Very easy to use and visually appealing

Pros

The navigation was very easy and I like how there was a link to communicate with the salon and their direct texts. It was really easy to change appointments as well.

Cons

The only negative I might have is that it wasn't obvious how many extra features the site has if you click the menu in the top right. There are some really cool things that can be used and I just didn't see the button. That might be a personal issue though.

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

I'm glad that you made use of our features within the menu tab. We have already made the necessary changes to make the menu more visible! Thanks for the suggestions

Seth from Trader

Reliable and Easy to Use

Easy. User friendly. Well done.

Pros

I have used this software to book appointments with my hairstylist. It is easy to use and keeps things organized. I am thrilled to have some predictability to my hair appt schedule.

Cons

None.

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

Yes, we are pleased that stylists in your salon use the hair cut notes section so that your stylist can replicate their same high quality cuts!

Thomas from Custom Ink

Industry: Graphic Design

Ezsalonware Is Great!

I've been using the software for about a year now and I have yet to have an issue with it. It's super simple to use and hasn't let me down.

Pros

Quick and easy to use. I'm not a huge fan of phone convos, so being able to set up a haircut appointment online in a few minutes has been greatly appreciated. The interface is clean and easy to understand and there are additional features that have potential to be very useful (like examples of hair styles, definitions, info on stylists, etc)

Cons

Nothing so far! I will say I haven't used the additional features outside of making appointments much so there may be room for improvement there - but I can't speak to those with any certainty.

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

EZsalonware has cut out the phone conversations so that the user can take the role of scheduling their own appointment at their convenience. Glad to hear that you are using the hair cut examples that we display!

Kyle from Luna Innovations

Industry: Defense & Space

from a customer; online scheduling the #1 reason why i choose Mike's salon

All over town i tell people about Mike's salon and my number one selling point is ease-of-scheduling through his online dashboard

Pros

With Ezsalonware, scheduling a hair appointment is a breeze and i can quickly change my appointment times at any point, right from my phone. The dashboard first ask you to select a service and shows pricing, i appreciate this level of transparency on how much i will pay for each service. The text/email confirmation reminders are great, the option to directly add an appointment to my google calendar is great, all around this is a very customer-focused solution to scheduling.

Cons

no cons

Derek from UVA

Ezsalonware Is EZ to Use

Pros

The software is easy to use. I like how I am able to use it at any time during the day or night to book haircut appoitments.

Cons

I think the aesthetic of the software could be improved - it should look as good as it works.

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

Convenience of booking is wonderful for any software. Our updated interface now helps EZsalonware to look as good as it works!

Jeffrey from University of Virginia

Industry: Research

EZ for you and your customers

EZsalonware has made it easy for me to book appointments and keep information in the system that makes appointments more efficient and effective. That leaves more time for enjoying the experience and getting to know one another.

Pros

If ease of use is important for you and your customers, EZsalonware is the right product for your business.

Cons

The product will only get better and better as more and more businesses adopt it. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team ALWAYS listen to user feedback and improve based on it.

Baccho from City of Charlottesville

Industry: Government Relations

Easy enough

It’s quick and I appreciate the confirmation as we get closer to the scheduled date

Pros

As a customer I find it very easy to navigate.

Cons

I don’t have any complaints about this at all

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

Being easy to navigate is an important feature for any scheduling software. As a customer, I understand that you wouldn't have any reason to recommend to others

Ryan from University of Virginia

Best booking experience I've had

Pros

Cons

As a software developer myself (well, a student technically, but whatever), I have no complaints with this software. It was well implemented and makes probably the most complicated part of the haircut experience very simple.

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

Ease of use and being user friendly is what we pride ourselves on. Our developers spent thousands of hours and worked hard so that our customers don't have to. We strive to make adjustments so that our users have the best experience

Ralph from Consumer services

Easy to understand and use

The software is easy to understand and use for managing appointments for hair styling salons. I am 70+ years old and normally prefer talking to a person for this, but EZsalonware worked well for me and I was and am a happy user.

Pros

EZsalonware is a simple and convenient way to schedule hair styling appointments. It is intuitive, easy to setup an appointment and easy to change when necessary. Well designed and customer friendly.

Cons

I had an issue when the software brand new, but the developer was responsive and fixed the glitch. No issues after that.

Reasons for Switching to EZsalonware

The salon changed and I went along with it.

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

EZsalonware has proven to be user friendly even for those that don't normally do online booking. We appreciate your feedback as an early user of EZsalonware and are grateful that the changes made were useful.

David from University of Virginia

Industry: Civil Engineering

Good software

Pros

This product is very easy to use, the UI is intuitive and is not difficult to navigate around the site!

Cons

The software looks a little outdated and therefore does not look as visually appealing as it could.

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

We hear that our software is intuitive and easy to use on a daily basis. That was our first goal upon devising EZsalonware. We have also made changes to our interface as mentioned so that it is more visibly appealing for our users!

David from Eastern Virginia Medical School

Great product

Pros

I found Ezsalonware to be an extremely useful application. Each month, it was very easy for me to schedule an appointment as it usually took me less than 30 seconds. The notifications were helpful and the application itself is very simplistic in terms of navigating it.

Cons

It would be nice if it sent a notification every few months with the link to the homepage. When scheduling, I would search a text the name of the salon, which worked fine. It’s not an issue, but a suggestion that might be helpful for others!

Victor Gabriel from University of Virginia Health System

Easy to use and convenient

The overall experience was smooth, no problems at all

Pros

I used this software to schedule appointments for a hair cut. It is quite simple to use, I could finish the overall process in just a few minutes. It sends you reminders and confirmation requests in a convenient way. I am quite good.

Cons

I have not found anything negative. It does what is supposed to do.

Patrick from Barron Associates, Inc.

Industry: Computer Games

A Sleek and Intuitive Design

Pros

I like how it has a modern look. The pop ups and fading is nice and professional. It's very easy to find what your looking for, and quite intuitive. Setting up an appt only takes a few clicks and makes the process rather painless. It shows that a lot of time was spent into the design of it.

Cons

There are a few nit-pick things that bother me. Things like the odd counter at the bottom of the webpage and the inconsistencies in font sizes and styles. But all small things, overall I like it a lot.

Robert from Financial Services

Industry: Online Media

Very Easy to use

It works great. Mike works hard to make sure it's working, and makes improvements regularly.

Pros

Probably the easiest way I've ever made any appointment

Cons

None. It does exactly what it's supposed to do.

Christopher from Bauer + Associates

Easy to use!

Pros

I like the consistency of the software the best. My account is always accessible and it's easy to schedule appointments in a few seconds for both me and my son.

Cons

Would love to have the ability to add a photo to my account.

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

One of most helpful features is our "Friends and Family" account that you mention. It allows you to book an appointment for you and a family member so that we can keep the appointment history and notes individualized and separate. Most salon software doesn't include this feature and you will have to cancel the parent that booked the original appointment and then reinstate the actual person that is getting the service, which is more work and wastes time. Our Friends and family feature is seamless and quick and easy.

Kevin from Arden place apartments

Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Best Online Scheduling system

I enjoy using this online software because you know right away before having to call then be put on hold what the schedule is of the barber.

Pros

I don’t usually prefer setting up appointments online, but I have really gotten used to the ease of the system. Resetting your password is also very easy.

Cons

Some of the aesthetics of the site aren’t as pleasing.

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

The aesthetics have been addressed in our previous updates. Resetting passwords can always be a hassle and we designed our password reset to be simple for customers!

Jason from UVA

Great Haircut Software!

It was very easy to use and very automated in terms of getting what I wanted out of it

Pros

It was very intuitive and easy to use straight out of the box. There are no glitches that I have come across at all

Cons

The design maybe not appealing to some people and appealing to others

Kenneth from Self Employed

Booking Couldn't Be Easier

'Happy camper.

Pros

For myself Ezsalonware eliminates the one step I dread about scheduling a salon appointment - speaking with a receptionist by phone to schedule. Ezsalonware lets one see available times for a stylist and book at appointment, no fuss no muss. It is easy to cancel/ re-schedule if necessary. And the system sends out confirmations and reminders via text message. I believe this latter step is optional. Also, booking engine works just fine a cell phone web browser.

Cons

From a user standpoint I have no complaints

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

EZsalonware eliminates the communication with the receptionist and shows all of the available times that work best for the customer.

Eric from Purnovate, LLC

Easy Customer interface

Pros

It's super easy to log in, make an appointment with the stylist you want for the service you want, and select the time you want.

Cons

It isn't the prettiest gui, but it's simple and elegant.

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

Ease of use and simple customer interface was a goal of EZsalonware. Our interface has had a recent upgrade-take a look!

Nicholas from University of Virginia

Easy to Book Appointments

Pros

I like that I can see all of the schedules of my hairdressers and that I have an easy way to view any open appointments for the month schedule!

Cons

I did not have any major complaints about the software.

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

As mentioned, EZsalonware shows other available times if your favorite stylist is booked for that day. The option to show other stylists allows customers to book with a stylist at the same salon rather than losing that customer to another salon.

John from UVA Health

Easy to Use

Pros

Love being able to log in on my phone and quickly see availability/schedule an appt.

Cons

I feel like it takes a lot of clicks to get anywhere. There are many clicks/pages between logging in and finally scheduling an appt.

IREK from University of Virginia

Very useful and convenient

Pros

It's very quick and easy to use. The interface is very intuitive.

C. Sunder from UVA

Happy User

Pros

It was simple and quick. I used it from my phone and it took less than a minute to book my appointment. I didnt need to download anything or search for hidden buttons, it was intuitive and straightforward. Quicker than calling in and speaking to someone.

Cons

I was happy with this product. I didnt really think there was anything wrong with it. It works.

Richard from UVA

Very easy format, makes booking appointments a breeze

see above

Pros

The software is incredibly easy to use. I go online, find a time slot that works for me, select my stylist, and confirm the appointment. Then I get texts confirming the appointment and reminding me, with options to cancel or reschedule with a click.

Cons

Nothing, it's been perfect as far as I'm concerned.

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

Texts and email reminders are a key feature for EZsalonware. We designed the software to send these reminders at optimal times to reduce missed appointments. EZsalonware users have a 95%+ arrival rate, which is higher than our competitors!

Corbin from Center for Open science

Easy to schedule

Pros

Seeing open appointments is easy, scheduling is easy. I like being able to see past appointments and history.

Cons

The software UI could be cleaner. It's not too polished.

Michael from Sun Tribe Solar LLC

Industry: Renewables & Environment

I don't get my hair cut often, but when I do...

Pros

The ability to schedule my appointment digitally and see the availability of the staff is great. It allows me to structure my day. The functionality is robust. The ability to easily reschedule or cancel is nice as well, and I assume it helps the shop in a similar way.

Cons

The user interface is definitely utilitarian. I like that, but I could see others as being intimidated.

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

EZsalonware puts the controls in the users hands and allows customers to easily schedule, cancel, or reschedule appointments without ever hassling the customer or salon

Michael from UVA

Industry: Research

Easy to use to check in for haircuts

Pros

The software made it very easy to schedule my appointment.

Cons

I did not find any cons with the software.

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

We are happy to hear that EZsalonware has been a reliable software for you!

Hugh from Clachan Properties

Super easy to schedule appointments

Pros

I really like being able schedule appointments any time, night or day.

Cons

I haven't found any cons...super simple to use.

Mark from UVA Health

Mark's Review

The software is quick and easy to use. I love how it allows my stylist to write notes about how he cuts my hair to streamline every appointment moving forward.

Pros

As a user it is extremely convenient to use for seeing the stylist's openings and reviewing what dates I've had my hair cut previously so I stay on schedule.

Cons

This software has everything I would include to help a customer schedule an appointment.

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

We get lots of compliments for our ease of use and service notes.

Anders from Financial Services

EZsalonware

Pros

Very easy to use. Helps the stylist remember your cut with good detail. Easy to change or cancel appointments

Cons

No negative review information at this point

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

EZsalonware was designed so that the user/customer can quickly view and change their appointment! This is important in today's busy world.

Samuel from Insurance Institute for Highway Safety

Industry: Research

Easiest way to book a haircut

Pros

I love how easy it makes booking appointments--just a few clicks and I'm all set. No more hassle calling places, going back and forth on availability.

Cons

I don't have any real cons, but since I'm required to post something I guess I'd say it's not the prettiest piece of software out there.

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

I'm glad to hear that it has been an easy enough process for you that you now book online rather than call in for your appointments! We built it to be a time saver.

Daniel from Oxford University

Easy to use and reliable

As noted, I've used this as a customer rather than a business owner.

Pros

I've used this software as a customer for about a year now. It's always been easy to use and reliable.

Cons

I haven't had any major problems when using the software.

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

Most users have raved about EZsalonware's reliability! That is something that we are proud of! We strive to make changes immediately for the convenience of our salons and their customers!

Chris from University of Virginia

Works well from client side

Pros

As a client, I found the software easy to use and didn't have a hard time finding what I needed.

Cons

I'd personally appreciate it if the developers could implement some sort of "remember this device" feature.

Easy to use, never had any issues

Pros

I've used this to book stylist appointments dozens of times. No issues setting up an account, booking an appointment for the time/date I want and with the stylist I want. Also never had any issues with the appointment confirmation texts/emails.

Cons

Interface could be cleaner and more organized. But it's not too complicated, it's very easy to figure out how to use.

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

We are happy that your text/emails have helped to remind you of your appointment. Glad that setting up an account was straight forward! Hope you enjoy using EZsalonware!

Randall from Randall Klein Books

Pros

It allows me to make appointments with my barber, and it's great to get that set up in advance without having to call and navigate what time works. I can see the schedule and his openings when I book.

Cons

That it requires a password. That's not a helpful element, and I could see it being useful for administrators, but not users.

Response from Ezsalonware

Replied June 2020

EZsalonware had in mind to be user friendly and easy to use!

James from Baldwin, Briscoe & Steinmetz

Industry: Law Practice

Ezsalonware

Pros

Easy to use, saves time when scheduling a hair appointment, easy to make changes

Cons

No cons. The software has all the necessary features and does not need improvement

Megan from UVA Health

Pros

I book appointments through this and make changes on the day of

Cons

There weren’t any cons that I can think of at the moment.

Brian from University of Virginia

Great software, easy to use.

Pros

It is very easy to book appointments and select the stylist/time I want.

Cons

That more salons don't use it! It makes booking and styling very simply.