• Pros

• "There is so much functionality. I love that rebooking is so easy as are refunds and amending bookings and payments."

• "The ability to save a portion of each payment to cover refunds is especially useful."

• "How streamlined, intuitive, and effective the software is designed. I greatly appreciate the ease of checking in customers, along with every step of the customer's experience."

• Cons

• "I have yet to discover any issues with the software, which could be described as a dislike."

• "Now Fare Harbor is single handedly destroying what we worked so hard for. I have spoken with several representatives of the company."

• "We do receive some complains from our customers about extra fee using FareHarbor, but that has nothing to do with the overall experience."

Browse FareHarbor Reviews

Emma from Coutours

Excellent service and product

Overall, I really like Fareharbor - I like the way it looks when people book.

Pros

The customer service is amazing and fast On a day to day basis, it is easy to use and you can add all the information you need to for all your guides.

Cons

I sometimes struggle with set up and amending items. We usually have to get Fareharbor to do some or all of the set up as we get some things wrong. Saying that, all you need to do is reach out to their service team and they usually sort it out in minutes.

Reasons for Switching to FareHarbor

I didn't get on with Turitop and needed a slightly more sophisticated system.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied October 2019

Hello Emma - Thank you for posting this review! We are happy to hear that you've found our software easy to use and that you have had positive experiences working with our amazing Support Team. With that, we are always available and can help set up and amending your items or can schedule a team member to help train you on that specific function. Thanks!

Sarah from Manitoga / The Russel Wright Design Center

Fantastic software that seamlessly integrates with your site

Our non-profit arts organization / national historic landmark started shopping for a new ticket vendor amidst the pandemic when our formerly tried and true ticketing vendor (BrownPaperTickets) became negligent and withheld earned income from ticket sales for our events that took place in 2020. A sales rep from FareHarbor had been regularly reaching out to check in with us and see if we wanted to learn more about their product, and while shopping for a new service I spent countless hours doing research and speaking with representatives from several ticketing vendors (EventBrite, SimpleTix, etc.) and decided to give FareHarbor a shot as well. The sales representative was fantastic and thorough, answered all of my questions (and subsequent questions), provided support, and was highly transparent about everything - fees, onboarding, etc. We made the decision to try FareHarbor primarily because of how customizable their services are, the autonomy we get as a customer, the support provided by their team, how seamlessly it integrates with our website, and the fact that the branding is on point. Most other services have their own logo front and center with your business's logo and information secondary, and with FareHarbor all communication and interfacing makes our branding, logo and information top priority with subtle branding of their own. We are over the moon with their software and service!

Pros

The customer service team has been exceptional in providing complete information and support throughout the vetting process and then getting us set up, customizing our dashboard, training our staff, and continues to be highly responsive and supportive. It also integrates seamlessly with our website and is exceptionally user-friendly, not to mention how beautiful it looks!

Cons

So far we have not yet encountered anything we don't like about FareHarbor and their services. I'm thankful that the sales team was as persistent as they were with our organization in trying to share their product with us, or we may not have known it was an option for us. Thank goodness she kept calling, how many people can say that?

Reasons for Choosing FareHarbor

We used SimpleTix in a pinch while finishing the 2020 tour program and while it worked great it was slightly less user friendly, didn't integrate with our website as seamlessly, and wasn't as customizable as we needed it to be. They do have great customer service though. We decided against using EventBrite primarily because it required a one year contract and the branding was focused on EventBrite and not venues - for example, if you buy a ticket to an event through EventBrite, the email you receive has EventBrite branding front and center and the venue's information is minimal, so all EventBrite tickets look the same no matter what venue you purchase tickets for. It's not customizable. We also need to have customer support available 7 days per week, as our events take place primarily on weekends, and the sales representative was very transparent in saying that they did scale back customer support availability to be 5 days per week. FareHarbor has customer service 24/7, is fully customizable, doesn't require a contract, and the fees are comparable to other ticketing platforms. They also integrate with our website so that when a customer purchases a ticket, they never leave our website - and it didn't require altering the format or template of our website. The FareHarbor service team took care of all of it for us, made adjustments as needed, and has continued to provide consistent support for us.

Reasons for Switching to FareHarbor

We had used Brown Paper Tickets as our ticketing vendor since 2008, and in 2020 they withheld the earned income we should have received from ticket sales for tours that took place between July and September of 2020. Brown Paper Tickets also shut down their customer service, and stopped responding to our inquiries about when we may receive what's owed to us. It's now 2021 and they still owe us over $30,000 for those tour ticket sales, and we are just one of thousands of venues and customers who are owed money by Brown Paper Tickets. They have lost our trust due to their gross negligence, and have yet to confirm any sort of timeline as to when we will get paid. As a small non-profit, we rely on that income to remain open to the public.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied May 2021

Hi Sarah - Thank you for sharing your review of FareHarbor, we appreciate you taking the time to share this detailed feedback and comments! We are thrilled to hear you had a great experience working with our teams to get you onboarded and set up and we are excited to have you as part of the FareHarbor Family. We look forward to growing this partnership with you!

Rebecca from Wolfe's Neck Oceanfront Camping

Clunkier than we'd like but it gets the job done

We've grown exponentially since we started using FareHarbor. It's a great benefit to having three different departments' events processed through one system. The biggest challenge we face with it now is wanting it to speak to other systems.

Pros

Integrating with our organization's website (wolfesneck.org) was easy enough, but the way it looks and operates within our site presents a lot of challenges. For example, a guest needs to click 3 times before they can access the specific event they want to attend, and then it takes the guest to a registration page for the event rather than an event description page, which would be our ideal. And the system seems to function differently depending on which page it links from, and we can't figure out why. (I've emailed to ask to talk to a rep for a tour or consultation two weeks ago and am awaiting a response.) Also, once an event has passed, it disappears from the calendar when it would help us to answer fewer questions if those events remained available for guests to see. What's more, our staff finds it, well, not difficult to use, but clunkier and more difficult than the other systems we use (e.g. CampLife, Asana, Square). For example, issuing refunds or moving a reservation to a different day or time is confusing--I feel like I have to click on several things and go back before I find where I'm trying to go. That said, our bookkeeper loves the report function. It's robust enough to account for our different needs but not so much that it's overwhelming.

Cons

We have a few concerns about how it works for us, which I went into detail about in the question above; but the biggest issue facing us now is integrating FareHarbor and Camplife--allowing them to share guest profiles and payment information. If Fareharbor integrated with Square POS, we could make that work too, but we least like the way FareHarbor doesn't interface with other CampLife systems or others more generally.

Reasons for Choosing FareHarbor

We went with FareHarbor because one person, the former campground manager, insisted it was the best option. It wasn't other people's first choice, but since she was going to be in charge of the system, folks essentially let her be the deciding voice. Specifically, she liked the way it was geared to water-focused events, which account for about 50% of our events.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied February 2021

Hi Rebecca - We understand that certain aspects of FareHarbor's features and functionalities can be robust. We are happy to set up additional training if your staff is finding certain areas of the Dashboard difficult to use!

Easy To Use Booking System With Great Customer Support

Because it costs the company nothing and their customer service is top-notch I have nothing but great experiences with FareHarbor and the customers do not seem to mind the added fee for online booking as the booking numbers have gone up since implementing FareHarbor!

Pros

The team at FareHarbor made the transition to their product super easy. They listened to our requirements and configured the product to accommodate everything required. Both the frontend and backend of the product is easy to navigate and use for both customers and administrators. It integrated with the website with no problems.

Cons

Their fee is pretty steep in my opinion. It's charged to the customer booking, but I don't like the amount of the fee no matter who it is passed on to!

Reasons for Choosing FareHarbor

No cost to the company since the fee is added to the customer booking total.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied May 2021

Hello - Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us! We are thrilled to hear you had a great experience working with our Customer Support teams and you've found our Dashboard easy to use. We aim to make your life easier! We understand your feedback regarding the fee, however our experience shows that this fee does not affect your conversions! Once again, thank you for sharing this review with us. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out!

P.T. from P.T. Murphy Magic Theatre

Stellar Service!

My overall experience with FareHarbor has been wonderful. The staff has been proactive in anticipating my needs. They were welcoming, helpful, and cooperative.

Pros

I have used many ticketing services over the years. All of them have had their benefits, but there was always a few things I wanted to change. FareHarbor is the best of all worlds. The interface is very manageable for first time users. The customer service, and support staff have been exceptional. I have easy access to my dashboard at all times, be it on my desktop or my mobile device. Implementing FareHarbor was one of the best choices I have made for my business. I highly recommend this service.

Cons

I don't have any cons to report. So far my experience has been very positive.

Reasons for Switching to FareHarbor

I have a friend who uses FareHarbor for his tour company. I was privy to the support and follow up FareHarbor provided his business during Covid. I was impressed by FareHarbor's proactive stance, and the support they provided their clients. That was when I made the decision to switch.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied February 2021

P.T - Wow, thank you for taking the time to share this review! We are absolutely thrilled to hear how wonderful your experience has been with FareHarbor and will continue to build off that! We are committed to your business growth and are actively creating more content and materials to help you and all our clients navigate through this COVID landscape. Be sure to check out FareHarbor Compass for any Marketing tips along with our Help Center for any questions on the Dashboard. As always, our 24/7 Customer Support team is standing by and ready to take your call or email!

CHRISTINA from Sawgrass Recreation Park

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Our small business LOVES FareHarbor!

We are so happy we made the switch to FareHarbor two years ago. We have a cleaner website that is user friendly with increased sales. The support teams work hard to make changes and keep our website performing seamlessly as we add new products and grow and expand. They care deeply about our success as a business and we feel the love and support from their staff as we grow our business and partnership with their company.

Pros

Easy to use, team friendly, quick and efficient. The change over from our previous company was seamless and the support is incredible!

Cons

Only that the fees are among the highest in the industry.

Reasons for Choosing FareHarbor

More API connectivity and better support, better reviews from clients.

Reasons for Switching to FareHarbor

More functionality and options with fareharbor platform.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied November 2020

Hi Christina! Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review and your partnership over the past few years! It has been our pleasure working with you it is great to see how our software has helped the Sawgrass Recreational Park team. I'll be sure to pass along your great feedback to the rest of the FareHarbor team and we look forward to continue growing this partnership, together!

Antoinette from Pagosa Escape Zone

FareHarbor Daily User

I am very happy with FareHarbor! I like that there is no monthly fee that I have to pay and the fees that my customers have to pay are small.

Pros

I like the ease of the software and how quickly I am able to get a response from the support team when needed.

Cons

I wish the colors were more vibrant on the booking calendar. I have 3 separate escape rooms and the current color scheme is hard to distinct the difference between each room in the booking calendar.

Reasons for Choosing FareHarbor

The gentleman whom originally reached out to me was very helpful and offered a remote tour of FareHarbor. He told me the switch from Bookeo would be easy and quick and that FareHarbor would take care of all of the details. It was a quick and easy transition!

Reasons for Switching to FareHarbor

I was paying a monthly fee with Bookeo and their customer service team was based out of Austrailia, so any time I had a question or issue it would take days to get resolved. FareHarbor is also a lot more user friendly and easier to get around in.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied November 2020

Hi Antoinette - Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We are happy to hear you have had a great experience working with our team, from our Sales team to our Support! We appreciate your feedback about the colors on the booking calendar! Be on the lookout for our Product & Feature release emails as our team is always looking for ways to enhance the customer experience in our Dashboard.

Jenny from Kiah Wilderness Tours

Cannot fault the support from FareHarbor staff

Absolutely fantastic.

Pros

FareHarbor enables so many different options and if we find it difficult to navigate anything, the support is quick, efficient and practical. Our site was easily adapted to deal with so many changes through the Covid pandemic and the staff couldn't have been more helpful.

Cons

Sometimes it's complex to work out how to change things but the support is so good we just ask for help - and they sort it!

Reasons for Choosing FareHarbor

As above. Offered more flexibility and an Australian support team.

Reasons for Switching to FareHarbor

FareHarbor offered more optional extras and better / quicker support. It also had an Australian contact which was vital for us.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied February 2021

Jenny - thank you for sharing this review, we love working with you and the Kiah Wilderness Tours team. We are glad we were able to help you and the team navigate some of the obstacles throughout the COVID pandemic and we are always available to help!

Dave from Friends of Dave Tours

My Only Regret Is Not Starting Sooner

Reliable, professional, honest. Every question is answered. Every promise fulfilled. What more is there?

Pros

The Fareharbor software has freed me to get back to doing what makes my company great and puts the entire back office functions at my finger tips: booking, assigning roles, servicing my clients, and ensuring my reporting is clear and easy to follow has gone from consuming most of my time to becoming a second thought. I have an entire staff in my pocket and the support and training from FareHarbor are always there when I have a question.

Cons

I would like to be able to send more automatic mails than currently possible. That's it.

You were the best.

Reasons for Switching to FareHarbor

You are everything they fail to be. I have been beyond satisfied and would like to find a way to integrate FareHarbor into my other business.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied October 2019

Hi Dave - Thank you for taking the time to write this review! FareHarbor was designed to help tour operators, such as yourself, grow their businesses - we are happy to hear that you have been able to leverage the software to handle the operational day to day of your business. We look forward to growing this partnership! Thank you!

Georg from Berlindividual-Tours

FareHarbor Review

to find more clients via Fare Habor wouldt be helpful

Pros

comfortable using and managing the Website

Cons

The comfort booking System/ is easy to handle

Reasons for Switching to FareHarbor

To dificult to handle the Website and i had to pay an amount every year, independently from bookings.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied May 2021

Hello Georg - Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We are happy to hear that you've found our software easy to use. If you need additional resources to help grow your business and attract new customers, check out FareHarbor Compass! We post new business-boosting resources like articles and guides every week!

Steve from Waterside Metal Art Studio

Fareharbor Prioritises Marketing Itself above its Customers

Fareharbor offers a great booking service aside from the limitations mentioned.

Pros

Customer service was excellent for installation and has been great for trouble shooting ongoing issues. Backend of the software is quite intuitive.

Cons

We selected and installed Fareharbour over Rezdy but one of the big disadvantages I see with Fareharbor relates to branding. Our website has a dark theme and Fareharbor currently does not have any flexibility to move beyond its white background booking windows (Rezdy does). This means our customers are jolted into a new environment once they click the book now button. The other issue is the only chance given to brand the pages is on the initial booking landing page, all subsequent booking pages are branded by Fareharbor logos and there is no option even to co-brand. I raised this with their developers and the response was sorry, its all hard coded. I then asked if I could have the fareharbour branding removed from the booking pages. Same deal, sorry, its all hard coded. For me this is not service orientated, we are the client and we should at least be able to choose if we want their logo presented, even if we have to pay a different rate. This would be important if you think that Fareharbor software gives your business a competitive advantage and you dont want to advertise to your competitors who provides your booking software. Bottom line seems that Fareharbor cares about their brand more than yours. That sux! Fareharbors booking calendar cannot manage multi-day bookings very well. Our business runs courses that span over 4 weeks. The Fareharbor calendar can only publish a workaround that presents all dates as text on the course start date. Clunky!

Reasons for Choosing FareHarbor

We chose Fareharbor because Rezdy couldnt really work with multi-day bookings.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied December 2020

Hi Steve - Thank you for taking the time to write this review and providing us with your honest feedback. Above all else, our priority is to grow your business. While the FareHarbor logo may pop up during the book form, the FareHarbor Lightframe is designed to create a streamlined buying experience for your customers that converts. As you mentioned, this hard-coded on our end, however this integration allows you to easily track sales sources and conversion metrics. Regarding the multi-day bookings, while we understand there may be some current limitations, our Product Team is always looking for ways to expand on our current features and functionalities. Please be on the look out for our Product and Feature Release Announcements

Mindy from Berkshire Camino LLC

Quick, effective and supported

I've found the customer service to be amazing. I've interacted with two people [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who are professional, knowledgeable and get the job done. I thought it was overreaching to think that after submitting my information that I would be up and running in a week. I was gladly proven wrong. The set u and training went smoothly and I'm in business!!

Pros

It seems as if all of the possible customer scenarios have been thought out. Everything is customizable on the backend and looks really user friendly on both the back end dashboard and the front end user interface.

Cons

I don't have enough time using the software to be able to identify anything that I don't like.

Reasons for Choosing FareHarbor

The robustness of the booking engine can't be compared. FareHarbor has built a solid and complete product. I was overwhelmed and frustrated as I tried to DIY it on Eventbrite and SquareSpace. No need to struggle - FareHarbor did the initial set up which saved me countless hours of watching how to videos and figuring out all of the settings. I've had initial training and know that I can ask for 24/7 customer service support as I use and become proficient with the platform. I am amazed that there wasn't an up front set up fee and think that the terms are very fair. I couldn't get credit card processing through Stripe cheaper anywhere else. FareHarbor's plugin to my website immediately give it credibility and builds trust for customers. This is critical because my business is a start-up and the brand is as of yet unknown. I'm so grateful to have found FareHarbor.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied July 2020

Hi Mindy - Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We are glad to hear you had a smooth transition and your positive experience with our team! FareHarbor was designed for tours and activities and we are thrilled to know you are taking advantage of our software's robust features and functionalities. We look forward to growing this partnership! If you have any questions, our amazing Support team is available 24/7!

Works for basic needs, but has gaps

Overall we are booking field trips, tours, and other events. There are multiple users and multiple locations that we are all trying to book within. In the event we are all paying very close attention to what is going on everywhere, we can manage with no problems, however, if we are very busy or someone is very stressed to get something on Fareharbor in a hurry, it is possible to double book something without Fareharbor having any warning.

Pros

Features that I like most include that a hold can be placed on dates and times by utilizing Private Headlines. New bookings for contacts are very convenient as well as rebooking and cancellations. Plenty of places for notes and the ability to run reports for those various reports. Love all the freedom to program what you want when creating an event, especially when it comes to what information you want to collect from the registrant.

Cons

The load times are extremely slow. In addition, the program will allow overlapping event reservations utilizing the same resources without telling the user. This can allow double booking of the same location, despite what resources are marked when setting up the event. This is a major problem. There is also the inability to delete several bookings for the contact during the same Order. This is annoying and time consuming when the order has 10+ bookings.

Reasons for Choosing FareHarbor

I was not included in the decision.

Reasons for Switching to FareHarbor

Previous software did not allow us to sale tickets on-line and Fareharbor did.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied April 2020

Hello - thank you for taking the time to write this honest review of your experience with FareHarbor. It is great to know you've been able to take advantage of our features and customization. Regarding your resources and overlapping event reservations, please reach out to our 24/7 Support team! We can review your current set up and provide any recommendations for optimizing your existing resources.

Sean from Sean's Private Surf Instruction, LLC

FareHarbor has been the best reservation system I've used and the customer service is impeccable!

FareHarbor is easy to use, great for growing your business and I cannot emphasize enough how amazing everyone that works at FareHarbor is. I would expect that I'd annoy/frustrate them as often as I call them requesting them to change this or to change that. They even made my new website for me after seeing that I was having some success with there program on my previous DIY site. Great Program, Great Company. Thank all y'all at FH! Big shout to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for all the help recently, as well as all of the staff who've helped me over the years.

Pros

I love how the software program and app truly works. Everything that the company say works, works. With other reservation systems I tried, there mustve had some issues with the program or something because alot of stuff would randomly not work or do the wrong thing etc etc. The platform is also very aesthetically pleasing, easy to use, and always evolving/growing/staying up-to-date with the newest features available. Doesn't cost you as the business anything!

Cons

There is really nothing much to complain about with FareHarbor. Of course, in a dream world, there would be a cpl/few things I really wish that could be changed and/or part of the program. I wish I could remember what some of them were at this moment, but I can remember that 'connecting a liability waiver' to my FH bookings/items etc was not as hi-tech as I woulda guessed. The waiver app partnership Fh has is with Smartwaivers. From all m research, seems like a pretty good setup but it costs too much for my business because of the large # of waivers used/month etc (in my opinion of course). And it's not just smartwaivers, most all of the good waiver app's out there are similarly priced, but as i said, expensive per month if you use a lot of waivers. In Fareharbor's defense, they have been super super helpful over the years coming up with ideas for me on how I can set up and complete waivers with our customers for free etc. Unfortunately from what I've found, the ways you can accomplish having a waiver system in your booking for free are not nearly as professional or legally strong as if you were to just use the 'Smartwaivers' connection or any of the other professional waivers, like the one I've been using for the last year or so which is a little bit cheaper called 'Waiver Electronic'. The obvious one complaint is that FH charges customers who make a booking online (on my website for example) a 6% fee, totally seperate and additional to any tax, which adds up!

Reasons for Switching to FareHarbor

Peek program was terrible, at the time, not sure if it's any better nowdays. Half the stuff didn't work right. It was slow as all get out.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied April 2020

Hi Sean - We hope that you are well and want to thank you for taking the time to write this review about FareHarbor. We are thrilled to hear the impact that our software and Support team have contributed to your business growth. Giving you the tools to grow your business will always be a priority for us and we are happy to help in any way we can, so please never hesitate to call. We appreciate your feedback on our existing features & partnerships and will be surer to relay that to our internal teams. Overall, we have truly enjoyed our partnership with you these last few years and look forward to many more!

Carrie from Atlanta Movie Tours

Overall good product but confusing at first

Overall I'm happy with our switch to FareHarbor. The pros out weigh the cons but hoping for more improvements in the future.

Pros

One of the most useful aspects for us has been the ability to send out mass emails to guests using canned messages. This has been super helpful when we have to alert everyone about last minute changes, traffic alerts, etc. Our last booking software we used did not offer this. Also the FareHarbor support team is great. They're friendly, helpful, and responsive. I've called them several times and they've walked me through my questions with patience.

Cons

FareHarbor can be very confusing at first. It definitely takes some time to get used to everything and how to set things up. There are some things that just don't make sense like there should be an easier/quicker way to do what you need to but it's a multi-step weird process instead. The two things that immediately come to mind are converting purchases to gift certificates and redeeming guest gift certificates over the phone. Both of them seem like they should be straight-forwards, press a button, enter a code, etc. but it's confusing and I've needed to call FH support to walk me through how to do these things.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied December 2019

Hi Carrie - Thank you for taking the time to write this honest review. We are happy to hear you have been able to take advantage of our amazing Support Team and some of the Dashboard's robust features. With that said, we understand that there may be some features that may not be as easy to pick up as others. I have passed along your feedback internally in case you would like to schedule a training!

Helen from London Metal Clay

Event based booking software based on a fee charging model

Online booking and payments are taken care of through Fareharbor. My payments are received through Stripe which initially took nearly a week to be received by my bank, that appears to have changed recently with payments appearing a working day or two after booking. The account managers are very keen to help and I can imagine that it is an excellent solution for the many businesses who run tours and experiences. It's just not perfect for mine which seems to need corporate levels of functionality and flexibility at a budget price.

Pros

As soon as you are signed up you will be assigned a participative account manager to help you through set up with ideas on how to make your site and sales better. They and the support team are responsive to requests and changes. The user interface choice is quite good but like most online options it relies on great images for best effect. You can manage your own events and many of the standard options are accessible to you the user if you need or want them to be. All the support and set up is free of charge.

Cons

My business is small and flexible. I tend to prefer to set up my own bookings and classes myself which means that I keep coming up against something else I need to ask them to do for me. Despite being a very small business my needs are complex, I want to be able to set up a course that runs on multiple days but that are not necessarily consecutive and for those to be in my calendar when I check. Although the system caters for consecutive days, it requires a really grubby work around for anything else.

Reasons for Choosing FareHarbor

No monthly or annual fees to me, most of the transition would be handled by their people. It seemed good enough on that basis.

Reasons for Switching to FareHarbor

Booking Bug was not sufficiently flexible and very little development was taking place on the standard product. It was becoming less and less valuable to me and more and more of a headache.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied November 2019

Hi Helen - thank you so much for taking the time to leave FareHarbor some great feedback. We appreciate your partnership and always strive to make FareHarbor a platform that works for everyone no matter the size of your business. We are always looking for ways to improve, so your feedback will definitely be passed along to the team. Thank you again, and never hesitate to reach out!

André from Northern Lights Village

Very feature-rich & easy to use!

Pros

- You get a beautiful overview of the day, week and month. You know exactly what's happening, who's handling it and what resources are being used; - Flexibility is a big plus with their 'availabilities' concept. Lets us adjust the schedule in order to optimise operations with incredible ease; - Filters that let you build your custom calendar (and save it!) are brilliant. You only see what you want to/need to see; - Reports are highly customisable; - Fantastic support.

Cons

- Needs work on the invoicing module, currently too basic - API features should be expanded to allow more custom development - Overall design could be a bit more flat/modern, not at all bad though

Reasons for Choosing FareHarbor

The flexibility that their 'availabilities' concept allows. With FareHarbor, the system does not limit the optimisation of your operations; The ability to build your own custom calendar.

Support & Features

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied November 2019

Hi Andre - Thank you for taking the time to write this amazing review! We are so happy to hear that FareHarbor has made a positive impact on your business and that you have been able to take full advantage of all the software's features and functionalities. We look forward to sharing many more years of success. Thanks!

Guillaume from Seamagine Eco Navigation SAS | seaZen®

A powerful channel manager

SeaZen has growed X3 every year since its first business year 2017 and may reach the break-even point in phase with our forecast. FH is a key partner for this success. Our objective for the future is still to grow. We are currently working into developing a brand licence. We wish to open more solar powered boat club. I hope this will be the opportunity to reinforce our partnership with FH.

Pros

I had a previous IT experience before creating my start-up. I found in FH a high level of quality of the support and of the functionalities available.

Cons

The 5% commission is great to start a partnership when you are start-upper. It might become an issue when the business volume will reach a certain threshold. I was already using Stripe before working with FH. I was sure to have the best price in direct with them. Now all the business volume comes though FH and we are based upon an average commission rate. I can't check if this rate might have evolved in my interest if I was going to stay in direct with Stripe.

Reasons for Choosing FareHarbor

The 5% commission is great when you are a start-up. You have a limited risk. I read last year an article saying Booking just invested in FH. I though this was a warranty of powerful backup for FH coming from a world leader in travel industry. I thought also this might help us to develop our business with the OTA Booking.com (this didn't came in fact).

Reasons for Switching to FareHarbor

Bokun was lacking a function to manage a shared ressource (a boat) used by several tour. Lack of quality of the support

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied November 2019

Hi Guillaume - We appreciate the time you took to write this review! We are thrilled to hear that both the software and our support team has exceeded expectations! It is amazing to see the growth SeaZen has experienced and we look forward to many more years of growth. Thanks!

Camilo from Once Upon a Whisky

Fantastic booking system and team

The effectiveness of my systems and processes have been improved by 100%. The website design and 24/7 support have been more than expected. The SEO and marketing advice it's been fantastic. Thanks to Fareharbor my company improves every day. It's been a great experience in many aspects of my business. Many thanks to all the Fareharbor team.

Pros

This software has helped me in so many ways to grow my business in the tourism industry. The dashboard is very intuitive and user-friendly. Their support couldn't be more amazing, these guys are available 24/7 and super kind. They will always do their best to solve your problems or help you with absolutely anything you ask for. You can contact them over email or phone. It is very unlikely to find the perfect company but Fareharbor deserves this title. Today my company is far more efficient and profitable than a couple of years ago when I was not using them. They have helped me with web design, SEO advice, marketing advice and everything related to the daily operations of my tours. It is a 5 stars company and software. Highly recommended.

Cons

Nothing, it's pretty much amazing, I can't complain.

Reasons for Switching to FareHarbor

Eventbrite is not a booking system for tour operators. It is more focused on events.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied October 2019

Hi Camilo - Thank you for taking the time to share your review of FareHarbor. We are thrilled to hear the impact that our teams and software have made on growing your business. We will be sure to pass along your high praises internally. We look forward to many more years of success! Thank you

Shannon from Shannon Scott Tours

FareHarbor Has Finger On Pulse of My Business & Like Having One's Own Private Team!

I grew up with eTix, moved along with ZERVE (whom I adored) and then came into FareHarbor once ZERVE bit the dust. FareHarbor had some kinks at first but then took the torch and ran with it like a leader well in touch with things. I like that FareHarbor gets that although there's a template or universal aspect to tour businesses, that there are also some like my own that are constantly changing, evolving and pushing the envelope and do more than stay conventional. It means the world that their team is open to my evolution and are willing to work to create new dimensions to their own system to help me fulfill my vision! That's massive and money in the bank!

Pros

Sounds cliche, but it's very organic and "thinks" like someone in the tour industry. It's almost scary! It's like the software knows what I'm thinking at times, stays ahead of me but then other times, it's like I'm teaching it new things. Very collaborative feeling.

Cons

I doubt if anything is dummy proof but this is as close as it can get. I do hope that in the future, they will find a way for me to add some alternative things to the checkout for the customer. I have a product that is related to the traveler experience and would love to have it as a check out option right before they buy the tour tickets or complete the transaction because I feel its like a final sale's plug reminder that they might either jump on board with or be interested enough to go back and review the product's description and be influenced to purchase it last second. Currently its an item for sale but its too separated from where I think it needs to be personally.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied June 2019

Hi Shannon - We can't thank you enough for the positive feedback. We truly do consider you a partner and aim to make your experience with FareHarbor a collaborative one. That said we're always looking for ways to improve so, I'll definitely pass along your hopes for an alternative checkout for your customers. Thank you for your trust in FareHarbor and we look forward to the years of success to come! Mahalo!

David from ScooTours Denver Scooter Rental

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Remarkably flexible. Does everything I need it to do. Support people look for ways to help my biz.

I wrote a review for software that I use. I don't know what Capterra really does, but I might look to see if I can find a substitute for QuickBooks accounting software here.

Pros

Cleverly flexible. Has configurable settings to do all sorts of customizing of available time slots, staffing, pricing, etc. I never run into something I wish it would do that it doesn't already do. I know there are portions I am not even using that would probably benefit me even more. Easy to populate initially. I really don't remember much about that process because the FareHarbor people did most of it for me. The support team calls me from time to time to check if they can help me configure my upcoming seasonal schedule or anything else. Sometimes they contact me to notify me of new features I might be interested in. They spread non-competitive information about their other customers' experiences that might benefit me with regard to managing reviews, working with affiliates, working with concierges, etc. Integrates with Viator and Expedia and other resellers. Has never ever been unavailable.

Cons

It can't be both endlessly configurable/customizable and fast/simple at the same time. So I feel like there are a lot of clicks to get done what I need. I can't think of how to eliminate clicks though without eliminating features. Beyond that, I am reaching for ideas. Perhaps if there were some sort of integration with our QuickBooks accounting software that would be helpful. Because I am on it all day every day, perhaps an android app would be better than accessing it from the browser on my phone, but I am not sure how beneficial that would be. I am unsure how they could do it, but they as a company don't have any web presence that drives visitors to their vendors. Back when Zozi was around, they had a website that steered people to their customers but that was a different business model. I can't complain about the cost. I pay them so little that I wonder how their business model works. But I really have to get creative to think of any shortcomings. None that are software related.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied April 2018

David, thanks for the detailed review! We appreciate the feedback. It's always been a pleasure working with you. If there's ever anything we can help with, please don't hesitate to reach out! We're always available.

Kaitlin from Volunteer Princess Cruises

From customer support to foolproof features, our experience with FareHarbor has been superb.

Pros

While the features of this software are plentiful and easy to use, we most enjoy the prompt, friendly customer support available to us through FareHarbor. Our Account Manager, Kristin, always delivers excellent work even when we provide her with information that can be unclear. She is a fantastic liaison between our business and FareHarbor Support, and she seems to go out of her way to ensure we're using FareHarbor to the best of our ability by facilitating appointments with FareHarbor support for us to learn how to make minor changes on the backend of our website, answering questions in a timely manner, and implementing new information to our website on a weekly basis.

Cons

One feature we enjoy least about this software is its mobile functionality. While it's certainly compatible with mobile devices, it's not always the most mobile-friendly in terms of working behind the scenes and formatting. Some examples include trouble viewing booking notes and updating manifests, text appearing too large, pictures a bit out of focus, etc. However, any adjustments we ask to be made in terms of format are quickly resolved by FareHarbor Support. On another note, there are times when we make adjustments in the dashboard ourselves - without the help of customer support. Yet, often those changes still have to be submitted to FareHarbor support staff, so they can make those amendments appear on our website to customers. It feels repetitive. If those small changes could automatically be reflected on the website, we feel both our staff and customer support staff could become more efficient. Finally, there seem to be plenty of features available at FareHarbor of which we users are unaware. For instance, our website was outdated and desperately needed some attention. We weren't aware we could get a website upgrade, or makeover if you will, until a support staff member reached out to us about that possibility directly. Perhaps implementing a list of available features - especially those that are at no additional cost - to all users would be a positive change all around and would ensure use all parties are using FareHarbor to the best of their ability.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied March 2018

Thanks for the great review, Kaitlin! We appreciate the feedback and your suggestions for improvement. We'll also be sure to forward your compliment to Kristin! If there's ever anything we can help with, please don't hesitate to reach out!

Tony from KapohoKine Adventures

Finally! Reservations software that makes sense for small business.

Working with FareHarbor has allowed us to modernize our website and reservations system into something that is appealing to our customers. It's easy to use, it's secure, and allows us to create more revenue through direct bookings and keep our cashflow rather than having to pay fees to a reservation software company.

Pros

Could not be easier to use. Great customer service. FareHarbor constantly upgrades their system and works with us to make improvements. The FareHarbor team responds to issues and inquiries immediately and resolve things appropriately. We have never had an issue go unresolved. They listened to our needs and helped us customize our FareHarbor experience to suit. It has performed near flawlessly for three years. Our online reservations jumped from 6 per month to 25 or so per month almost immediately after deploying FareHarbor. Guests love the interface and ease of use. We love the cost to us (nothing) and the dramatic increase in direct bookings. They also redesigned our website. Updates to our website are only an email away and the end result looks and functions perfectly. We have been approached by many competing software systems over the years and have looked into all of them. None of them can touch FareHarbor.

Cons

We have not come across any "cons" with FareHarbor. Any issues we come across and communicate to FareHarbor are resolved.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied May 2017

Wow, Tony! This review is amazing. Thanks for taking the time to leave some feedback on FareHarbor. It's always been a pleasure working with your team!! If there's ever anything we can help with in the future, you know we're always here. Thanks again.

Christopher from City Sights Utah

Lightyears beyond Bookeo

Everything related to booking and reservation management, payment processing, etc.

Pros

Very deep, extensive functionality. It blows me away how much you can do with this software. The level of customization is mind boggling. We were formerly with Bookeo and it was alright, especially considering the low price, but it was quite simplistic and that caused us some frustrations. It was also pretty outdated in the user interface appearance. Fareharbor booking interface looks very slick and it's a lot quicker for customers and reservationists to make bookings. The software on the backend is very powerful and well thought out. You get complete functionality on mobile and iPhone app that you do with desktop. Bookeo was frustrating how watered down their mobile version was. And they said they had zero interest in making an iPhone or Android app. Fareharbor is a "full service" solution the likes of which I have never seen. They have a department that will create a new Wordpress website for you, a dept that works to set up affiliate access so third parties can book through the system without calling you. They integrate seamlessly with Viator/Expedia/etc. They have several teams of people that specialize in different areas. You get a ton of attention as a new customer and they take care of almost all the setup work. If you are the type that doesn't want to learn how to do any of this kinda stuff yourself or you don't have the time to, Fareharbor is a great solution. I was skeptical that any booking software could be THAT much better than another, but it really is.

Cons

I was very excited to hear about all the many impressive features they offer. What I didn't realize is that it takes a lot of effort to set them all up. Granted they can do ALL of the work for you, so you're in no way left on your own with any of it. But it does take time. I'm a do-it-yourself kind of person; Bookeo was 100% do-it-yourself and I was fine with that. I'm the type of person that doesn't like asking for help or asking other people to do something for me. I want to figure it out and customize it myself. ...Fareharbor is NOT a do-it-yourself system. You will absolutely need their help for a lot of the features to get set up properly. I tried exploring on my own to set up some customization and there's no way you'd be able to figure out most of the feature setup on your own. To be fair, their software isn't designed to be that way, though. It's not a Squarespace/Wix/Bookeo style product. It's very customizable, and as such, you need their help. It takes some time, dozens of phone calls and emails over the course of weeks (and months, as you fine-tune the deeper features). And there is a learning curve. But the depth of functionality and the extensiveness of their software is worth it in the end. Tech support team is great, always taking calls 24/7 (email response time is kinda slow though). Can't imagine anyone else being better. I see why they have so many customers.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied May 2017

Christopher, Thank you so much for the detailed review! We love hearing this kind of feedback from our clients, and appreciate you taking the time to lay out your experience. We're always looking to balance our catalog of features with overall ease-of-use. But know that we'll be here 24/7 while you learn your way around the more complicated features! Thanks again, Becca

Elisa from Gondola Adventures, Inc.

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Super helpful and friendly staff; this software solves so many problems for us!

Online bookings 24/7 is huge for us. Fewer phone calls and a greater ability to focus on providing the product rather than selling.

Pros

It has tremendous functionality. It can be used with very simple business models, as well as very complex ones. I use it for three different companies. One is very basic, bare-bones. The other two are extremely complex, so I have been digging into the myriad of features and functionality over the past three months as we launched it for the two more complex companies. There is a lot to learn for the more complicated businesses (as expected), but once I figured it all out, it all makes sense and I am able to really maximize the functionality. The staff is very responsive and always there to help with questions, problems, and even assigning tasks to them. In addition to providing booking software, they also designed new websites for me for free, which increased the company's visibility online, so our sales have increased. The also have a free online call center (I haven't made use of this yet). They are constantly rolling out new and better upgrades. I am extremely happy with this product and with the staff behind it.

Cons

FareHarbor charges the customer 6% of the gross for online bookings (the customer isn't charged this 6% if they call in and book directly over the phone). I'd like to have the option to absorb that 6% on our end so the customer doesn't pay it. The closest we can get is to offer a 6% online booking discount, but I would prefer the option of allowing us to absorb a portion or all of that 6% on the back end instead. That being said, until I started typing this review, I've never thought of asking them if they would be willing to implement an option like this! I'll be asking tomorrow. Knowing they are constantly improving the product and they do take customer suggestions seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if they consider doing this in the future.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied May 2017

Thanks for the lovely and detailed review! We're always very excited to hear client feedback and appreciate you taking the time to leave yours. Never hesitate to reach out with any questions or suggestions! Thanks again, Becca

L from Mind Games Clovis escape rooms

WOW, I am SO happy with this system

We chose FareHarbor after having issues with our past "#1 Online Booking System," including it's failure to list a calendar when our site was viewed on mobile. I wouldn't have left if not for the stream of failures of the other software, which was pretty nice when it worked... now I'm happy it happened because FareHarbor is amazing. We are an escape room business with 3 themes, 4 rooms, 5 menu selections. It took a few days to get everything dialed in with FareHarbor, now the system saves me so much time and effort. The flexibility is amazing. I was a little worried because, although you can do everything yourself, it seemed you are encouraged not to. I worried this was going to be an issue, but their customer support is top notch. If I want schedules, promotional campaigns, ANYTHING changed, they get it done, and probably faster and smoother than trying to do it myself. Yet I still have the flexibility to easily change and add bookings, dates, prices, availability to individual activities on the schedule on the fly. Two of our rooms can be booked together or separately. We used to put them on schedule separately (book individual rooms this time of day, book pair of rooms for bigger groups that time of day) since if one of the rooms was booked, the two room option was no longer available. With FH both options are on schedule and customer demand drives the calendar selection... if one is chosen, the two room option automatically stops displaying, and the other room can still be booked individually (and visa versa). I saw someone mention the "cost" of the system. We weighed this against other systems and find the cost differences to be pretty much a wash. Their credit card rate is great, especially compared to the cost of going with one of a few other popular escape room booking systems, I would have had to pay for a gateway, route with a merchant's account, pay a variable and mostly higher rate for credit cards... this is all in one and so easy... and a few less things I need to keep track of. Yes, there is a convenience fee for online booking, we absorb this fee into our prices. And really, it's a booking you may not have had were it not for the booking system. They have many features I'm sure (or would hope) other systems have such as auto booking cutoff times, auto email confirmations and reminders, etc. Actual 24 hr cust svc, not "you can contact them 24 hrs a day, leave a message, but not hear back until the next business day."

Pros

Flexibility, ability to change items on the fly and really give the best customer service I can because I can be flexible. I integrate it with my personal calendar so I get the bookings synced right to my phone. The ability to be flexible. Did I mention how flexible it is?

Cons

There are a couple items that are tricky to set up, but why would you when you can just email or call and have them do it. I'm learning to delegate to them, and it's freeing up even more of my time... ok that part's not a con, but the tricky to set up thing is.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied April 2017

Wow! Thank you so much for the detailed review. We hope you know how grateful we are for your support. Flexible is our favorite word too! We're very excited to hear that we've delivered on that. If you ever need anything in the future, never hesitate to reach out. 24/7 means 24/7! Thanks again. - Becca

July 2016

Bridgette from Carolina History & Haunts

July 2016

Life Changing!

My husband and I co-own our tour and have been open for about 10 years. We currently have about 5-7 additional guides, depending on the season. As our tour grew, as well as our number of employees, it was impossible to stay on top of everything that needed to be done. Thanks to FareHarbor, we have been able to free up time, and begin to grow our tour again! Outside of our outstanding guides, nothing has helped us to grow and manage our tour as much as Fareharbor!

Pros

Easy to edit tours. Updating tour times and dates is simple. Guide assignment, helps us and the tour guides keep track of their schedule. Tour guides can check people in, and we can see it in live time. Cost is low and very much worth the money. Clean web integration, and it blends nicely within our website. Customer information is easily available and easy to change, rebook, refund, etc. Very easy to track past reservations and customer info. Top notch customer service; they have actually taken the time to create items specifically for our company.

Cons

On the cons, there are only a few items that honestly are tailored more to just my specific needs. I wish there were more restrictions for tour guides. I would like to prevent them from changing certain settings, especially the ability to change and see other tour guide info. My other request is for a wider range of reporting. I would specifically like to be able to see the monthly breakdown by: the tour guides who led the tour, as well as the number people on the tour, and the method of payment broken down by cash/cc. In other words, we need to see how much money the tour guide collected for one month and how many people attended their tours. A small amount of tech experience is helpful but not required.

Matt from Fun London Tours

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Strong customer service and easy to use software

Its certainly cut out any of the occasional blips I used to have with my previous custom built booking system so it has given me peace of mind. I initially was concerned that customers would be put off by the booking fee but I haven't noticed a drop in purchases. The site has been robust and customer service has been top notch with one exception when Fareharbor took a long time to deal with a GDPR request. I have been assured that this will not happen again. So overall I would recommend Fareharbor.

Pros

It feels pretty intuitive and is targeted towards the tour industry so pretty much all of the features I require are already here.

Cons

Very little to be honest. Occasionally something comes up but their customer service department helps out pretty swiftly.

Reasons for Choosing FareHarbor

Primarily as the booking system appeared to be fully focused on the tour industry. Also the independent reviews were far superior than any other company I looked at. Finally, the one month contract break was a good incentive at the start while other booking companies wanted to tie us down for a longer period.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied November 2019

Hi Matt - we are so glad to hear that FareHarbor has brought some ease into your business operations over at Fun London Tours! Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review, and don't hesitate if anything should come up in the future.

Terry from Shutter Tours

Excellent Software and Customer Service

We have been a tour business providing tours since 2009 and have tried many reservation systems. Fare Harbor was the first reservation system we used that works the way we do. We have had frustrations with other systems that seem to not understand how a tour business operates or didn't give us the flexibility we needed. From the very start, Fareharbor was great to work with in getting everything setup properly, even helping us transition during the middle of a busy season. Their integration with Viator allows us to sell out many tour dates which has really helped sales.

Pros

I'll bullet point my favorite features. Designed the way we work from the bottom up. Allows us to assign tour guides with ease and notify them about these assignments and send out reminders. Having tour buses, I really like being able to create a route and assign a pickup time to hotels. This information is listed on the confirmation so we no longer have to call each customer to give them a pickup time like our our old system. Booking is quick and easy from the back end I like the ability to see upcoming bank deposits with ease. Deposits have always been made on time, helping us gauge cash flow. I like being able to add internal memos and notes to each customer for special requirements on tour. Review reminders being sent out a few days after our tours have helped increase our ranking on Tripadvisor. Low merchant fees for taking credit cards

Cons

I would like the ability to see a net price for Viator reservations, not the retail price in our reports. I would like the ability to reduce the ticketing fee that is charged to our customer, by either splitting it or even having us absorb it, and being able to test sales this way. Customers often go to Viator after hitting our reservation system to make their final bookings.

Addyson from Sundance Resort

August 2016

Great reservations system from the first season

Implementing Fareharbor as a new program went really well, thanks entirely to the exceptional customer service support (shout-out to Raleigh and Mikaela). They were always available by phone and email and training went very smoothly. I was thoroughly impressed that Mikaela was involved and aware of events occurring within our department, and sent her condolences and her support. Because of this, Fareharbor feels more like a partnership than a "client" type relationship. The actual program is very user-friendly which was a significant selling point for me. It is also easily implemented across other departments at our resort. Overall, I have been very satisfied with the functionality and overall performance of Fareharbor.

Pros

It is very user friendly for front-end staff Mobile version is great Customer service is EXCEPTIONAL and they have a thorough knowledge of the program. Permissions are easily customized across users. This was a huge bonus, and has been very helpful so we can limit access to those who do not need it. Affiliate set-up is easy, and has a very fluid application. I have been very pleased with how we are able to implement partnerships with this program. They are consistently working to update the program.

Cons

Discounts are not easily implemented. We consistently have to find "work arounds" The automated emails do not allow for customization. Different departments use the automated confirmation email, but the resort address and contact information HAS to remain the same across departments. It makes it difficult for guests to contact us. Smartwaiver is minimally integrated. Our last reservation system automatically imported name, height, and weight from the waivers. This was a huge perk, and did not come with Fareharbor. We were promised that programming would work on it, but we have not seen results. There were not P2P Card readers for the desktop version of Fareharbor. Because of this, we had to purchase 3 iPads and use the mobile app in order to be PCI compliant for customer credit card security. Invoicing has to be done manually. It cannot be scheduled to happen automatically each month.

Ross from Boyne Boats

Love this platform!

Very, very positive. From the very first call to redeveloping my website, FareHarbor have been instrumental in the success of my business which may not have happened so easily with my previous set up.

Pros

Easy to use. Customer service is beyond excellent! Account manager is available to work on constantly improving and updating how i use the system.

Cons

None really. Maybe a method to follow up tbose who almost complete a booking but don't.

Reasons for Choosing FareHarbor

The people that I talked to.

Reasons for Switching to FareHarbor

Customer support. Ease of use and look of the FareHarbor system.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied October 2019

Hi Ross - We are so happy to hear the impact FareHarbor has made on you and your business. It is great to hear that you have had a positive experience working with us and will share your comments with our teams. Thanks again!

Bond from Witches Brew Tours

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

At the end of the day, Fare Harbor does everything we absolutely need and works seamlessly.

Still getting benefits. Can't say enough about super responsive customer service. If you need something and they can do it, they will do it.

Pros

convenience. negligible downtime. once it's set up, super easy to use. Extremely responsive customer service whether you call or email and some of the fastest email customer service I have ever seen. They know their product - no matter who you work with. Don't see what you need? just ask them. They've done a lot of "custom" (for lack of a better word) work so we can better accommodate our needs. Any company using reservations can afford this platform. Continuously one of the highest rated among reservation platforms. Reporting system. User permissions. You name it, Fare Harbor can do it.

Cons

There are only two things I can say I like the least - 1) FareHarbor would save a million man hours if they would offer the fareharbor credit card slider that connects to your phone, like Square. Having to manually enter all the credit card info when on-site for walkups or partial payments can slow me down considerably. and 2) More robust crew scheduling abilities. For example, I'd like my guests to be able to request specific tour guides - so ability to assign crew to specific customers would be very helpful for me. I don't dislike the new reports, but I definitely like the old Legacy reports better. I don't use many reports in fareharbor but the ones I do, I prefer the older Legacy. The new reports are not showing any private or locked tours in reports.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied May 2017

Bond, Thanks for taking the time to us a review! We really appreciate the candid feedback. If there's anything we can help with in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out. We're always available. Thanks again. Becca

Patrick from Footsteps in Northumberland

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Taking my business Footsteps in Northumberland up a gear or two

For a long time, I struggled with booking and payment systems with a mix of cash, cheque, PayPal and no affordable card payment system. FareHarbor solved all of that in one neat package and it functions extremely well. In addition, FareHarbor helped to build a new company website which has seen a step change in the way I do business.

Pros

It has put in one place all of my products, reviews and payment options in one place and simplified the booking and payment process for my customers. The customer support is terrific.

Reasons for Choosing FareHarbor

I liked their approach, the customer support and being kept informed and part of the process throughout the development and launch.

Reasons for Switching to FareHarbor

A number of reasons, my website was poor and I really wanted to bring everything under one package. After the FareHarbor payment system was installed on my old website, it quickly became apparent that there was an incompatibility and the next stage of building a new website started and this was and continues to be a great solution for me.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied November 2019

Hey Patrick! Thanks for writing such a great review! It is amazing to see how quickly FareHarbor has made an impact on your business by streamlining the booking process and your offerings. We look forward to growing this partnership and many years of success!

Eduke from Flagship Amsterdam

Fare Harbor helped us to go Viral in no time

We started the boat company and we were looking for a ticket partner. Luckily Fare Harbor found us and reached out to us, we never heard from them but we decided to give it a go. It was a success straight away because we had no worries about selling the tickets online. They made a awesome website. Besides that, they gave good advice and were always very kind and helpful. I'm sure Fare Harbor has great potential to because huge and how these guys are going I believe this is already a big success but they will go bigger and bigger.

Pros

Fare Harbor is a great company, fair people, 24/7 customer service, very polite always and a good system. We are very happy with Fare Harbor as a partner. They made a great website so we could focus on our speciality: Boat tours. Fare harbor helped us with good advice and now adays they even have Dutchies which helps a lot. We are expanding with Fare Harbor.

Cons

The Software is big and endless. Some things are not easy to find out.

Reasons for Choosing FareHarbor

They come from the USA and they seemed to offer a good product. They were kind, fast and professional. Also, they didn't had start up costs, it was an offer that was hard to refuse. If it didn't work out, it wouldn't cost us much expact some time. Time was very spare but the feeling was right and it turned out to be right.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied November 2019

Hi Eduke, Thanks so much for taking the time to respond. We value your partnership and are happy to hear your positive feedback on our software and the amazing team behind it. We look forward to sharing many more years of success!

Elizabeth from Niagara Outfitters

I can's say enough about Fare Harbor

People had to call to book before and I think I lost a lot of clients because of this. Now they can just browse and buy

Pros

There are so many things to like about this software. 1. No out of pocket expenses. Taking a booking fee gives FH an incentive to help you make more money. At first I was leery about charging the booking fee to my clients, but no one have complained about it (or frankly even noticed). 2. Ease of use (and when it's not, customer service will do it for you)! 3. Works on phone, not an app, but with a mobile browser which work great. Not sure I need an app, most of my work is on a laptop anyway. 4. Customer service is always on and ready to help and quick to get done what you need. 5. Putting it online was seamless and pretty easy. I got out of the box with the basics and was able to add on as I went! 6. Feedback from my clients about the simplicity of the check out process. Like I said, so many great things! So happy with my decision.

Cons

Nothing so far! I may find some as I grow, but at this time none!

Reasons for Choosing FareHarbor

The biggest reason I went with FareHarbor was the no up front fees. I'm a small (new) business and Thryve was my other top choice, but they wanted $800-$1200 per year! My revenue is only a few grand per year right now, so that was a deal breaker!

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied September 2019

Hi Elizabeth! Thank you for taking the time to recap your experience with FareHarbor. It is so great to hear you are making the most out of all the services we offer and we can't wait to see where we can grow together. If you think of anything we can improve on going forward, please never hesitate to reach out! Thanks again!

November 2015

Kathleen

November 2015

FAREHABOR IS HEAD AND SHOULDERS ABOVE THE COMPETITION

We vetted about six of the top online tour booking companies for our walking tour business in Manhattan and FareHarbor stood out far and above the rest. We immediately signed on after the conference call and looked no further. We were so impressed with FareHarbor’s customer management system which met all the criteria we were looking for including the flexibility of being able to use the system for cash on the spot sales, all the bells and whistles related to communicating with our customers with customizable booking confirmation and reminder e-mails, alert e-mails for weather, customer database, less clicks till purchase, fast and easy, good calendar layouts, etc. Cost was extremely important to us and FareHarbor had the lowest processing rate out there. It was an intuitive decision that we would be happy working with FareHarbor but we have been really blown away by what a uniquely smart company FareHarbor is. Since we spoke to many of their competitors we could easily see the difference in how FareHarbor operates. We come from a Fortune 100 company background and FareHarbor embraces the same attributes of continuous improvement, flawless execution and outstanding customer service that are hallmarks of a great company. FareHarbor gets a ten in the trust department. We trust the folks at FareHarbor to do the right things fortheir customers and continue to keep ahead of the curve and upgrade technology and services as they become available in the future. We value this company as a strategic partner going forward to grow our business. The company culture is outstanding and we know they mean it when they say “we do well when you do well”. They get this symbiotic relationship between our business and their business in a way that their competitors do not in our opinion. And the biggest bonus is that FareHarbor has the absolutely nicest people working for them. It is just a pleasure to deal with all the folks at FareHarbor. Kathleen Kavanagh NYC Street Smart Tours

Pros

FareHarbor is a great company to partner with if you have a tour or activity business. Customer support is outstanding. Good customer feedback on ease of use. Excellent database. Easy and flexible system. Allows us to do cash sales on the spot. Flawlessly connects us to our customers. We really appreciate their low processing cost.

Cons

So far we have not found any cons

Response from FareHarbor

Replied December 2015

Hi Kathleen, I can't thank you enough for taking the time to write this outstanding review! We are so lucky to be working with NYC Street Smart Tours, and it means the world to us that you feel the same. Thank you for all of your positive feedback from software functionality to your trust in us as a partner. We look forward to growing with you, and are excited to share all the innovative features that our product team will be releasing in the future. Thanks! Lauren

Marisa from Expedition Escape

Great Booking Software!

FareHarbor was wonderful! We are an Escape Room in Pennsylvania. We began our business using Bookeo, as that is what almost every escape room in the area and ones we'd been to used. FareHarbor contacted us, gave us a demonstration, and we fell in love. They completely set everything up for us so we didn't lose any bookings in the process since our service was never down. They then incorporated into our website for us. It was great and their customer service has always been great even now!

Pros

They truly have some of the best customer service around. They are available 24/7 to call or email and return your calls or emails within the same day. Sometimes they will even set it up for you which is wonderful when I'm in the middle of working a busy day. Then I can always give them a call to ask how it works or how I can adjust it that way I can learn when I get a break. Both the customer view and the behind the scenes view is extremely clear and easy to work with. Rarely do we have customers confused on how to book/reserve something, unless they truly don't know how to use a computer to begin with.

Cons

I wish they would incorporate something that would allow customers to immediately book another room/service/tour/etc. Maybe even just a link. It would be really awesome if you could add another thing to your "cart" per say and pay all at once instead of making multiple bookings. Another thing that would be nice is almost an employee area like a scheduler system. This way employees could request time off and see large sections of times that they are working. Currently, you can assign them to a reservation but it would nice to have them be able to look and see they work 11am-4pm rather than see they are assigned to a 11:30am, 12:00pm, and so on appointments.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied August 2016

Hi Marisa, Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We really appreciate your feedback on using FareHarbor. Never hesitate to reach out if there is anything we can do to help! -Gabby

Ken from Tradewind Charters, Inc.

Fare Harbor; huge partner in growing our business.

Very annoyed that Fare Harbor corporate scheduled their annual convention & training session to start at 0530 am Hawaii time 2 days in a row. This despite requests from their Hawaii clientele where it all began. Hopefully this is not indicative of a corporation to big for their britches, not listening to their long time customers.

Pros

Great support from Day 1. Tradewind Charters in Honolulu, Hawaii was among the early users of this platform. No regrets.

Cons

Until recently, we were not receiving text alerts of new bookings which is crucial for same day bookings over the weekend when no one is in the office. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], our rep solved this issue quickly when brought to her attention.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied November 2020

Hi Ken - Thank you for sharing this feedback with us! We are grateful for your support and partnership over the past few years. I will circulate this feedback back to our internal teams to help us continue improving the experience of future conferences & events. This was our first-ever virtual event, and we learned a lot along the way. We understand that the timing of this year's annual conference made it difficult for clients in time zones outside of our Denver office to attend the live stream and sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. Knowing that many of our valued clients would not be able to make the live event, it was a top priority for FareHarbor to make all sessions accessible on-demand through the Spark platform through the end of the month. We hope you have a chance to check out the platform and explore all of the insightful content we shared at Spark!

MARK from DC Tours

Excellent Product & Fantastic Support

Exceptional.

Pros

FareHarbor's ticketing system is perfectly suited to our walking tour business. It integrates with our online ticketing agents and provides a comprehensive range of functions which make running our business much easier than before. Their support are absolutely amazing in terms of response times, their skillsets and ability to troubleshoot. Their FAQ pages are genuinely helpful (a rare thing!), and we have had the same contract manager since the beginning who is genuinely interested and engaged with our business, which helps to reinforce our relationship. Their payment schedule is perfect for us and the platform is exceptionally stable, meaning we have never missed a sale.

Cons

We genuinely have nothing negative to say about it.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied November 2019

Hi Mark - thank you for the kind words! We love hearing about the positive experience you've had with FareHarbor and the great partnership we have been able to build on together. Never hesitate to reach out if you need anything! Thanks again!

Iwa from Kainani Sails

Industry: Maritime

Excellent

So easy. I run two businesses using the FareHarbor platform. They are constantly adding new features and making it better!

Pros

Amazing customer service. Real people on the phone to help 24/7. Easy program to learn with lots of custom options.

Cons

It costs the person who books online 6%, which can be quite a lot when a private charter is a couple thousand dollars.

Reasons for Choosing FareHarbor

The customer service is truly amazing. Plus peek called me a million times and it was super annoying

Reasons for Switching to FareHarbor

We needed something bigger than we were using before.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied September 2019

Aloha Iwa! Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. We love hearing about how everything from our customer support to current software features allows you to run both of your businesses smoothly. We're constantly aiming to improve on our feature offerings, so if any suggestions come to mind in the future, don't hesitate to reach out. Mahalo!

August 2015

Vince & Emily Shay from Avila Beach Paddlesports

August 2015

Helped Our Paddlesport Company So Much!

We looked EVERYWHERE for booking software that was the right fit for our paddlesport company. This product is designed for adventure outfitters, so it works. How do you book a tour, ask people their height weight etc, require they can swim, remind them of their appointment, take payment immediately, quickly adjust tour/lesson calendar for staffing, weather changes, large events, etc? These were the issues that we were facing as a company, and FareHarbor was the answer. Customer Service: Incredible! So awesome to actually deal with real people who respond quickly to questions via phone call and email. Always friendly and helpful! They took HOURS of their time to help us set up our site so everything was just right. Plus, they do all the integrations into your website for you (hooray!). Once it's all set up and integrated into your site, it's easy to use the program to make changes and manage bookings. And they are all really nice, down to earth folks. Product: Love it. It takes a little while to figure it out, but FareHarbor provides free training (really, it's free), and ongoing support. We've seen a significant increase in sales with the calendar booking option. Plus, the software is easily configured to ask customers important questions that help us set up their kayak and paddleboard tours and lessons. If we have bad weather coming, staffing problems, or other events planned, we can quickly take down availability. On the other hand, we can quickly add availability, too. Any changes that need to be made, we can easily do it ourselves. We don't have to relay the info to a web person and wait for them to do it. Pretty sweet! Booking used to require A LOT of our own time, making phone calls and emailing. Now, we have much more time to actually get away from the phone and computer to do what we love! You can personalize contact settings, so customers still get quality customer service and all their needs are met. You can customize greetings to add your own brand "flair." Value: Excellent! No fees, only % of amount booked directly through FareHarbor service, and the rate is better than Square, which is what we were using to send invoices to book tours and lessons (hello, time consuming!!). Win-Win-Win. So happy with it, we've referred it to our friends who have surf schools on the Central Coast. Thanks FareHarbor :) ~Vince and Emily Shay Avila Beach Paddlesports

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied August 2015

Hi Vince & Emily, A big thank you for all the feedback here. We're doing the happy dance in honor of your increased sales and increased free time. Makes us so stoked to know we're helping people grow their business and do what they love! Win-win-win is right. Never hesitate to give our support team a call if you have any questions! We got your back, 24/7. Thanks, Becca

Carly from Spitting Feathers

A dream to work with

I have nothing but praise to sing for Farharbor. My account manager is very responsive and anything I ask for is executed promptly and efficiently. I certainly don't feel like a number and love the personal touch that Farharbor brings. My account manager offers marketing advice and tells us of new ways to increase sales as they appear on the market. The software is great and we have had no issues.

Pros

It works. The pages are quick to load. There is so much functionality. I love that rebooking is so easy as are refunds and amending bookings and payments.

Cons

I find with so much functionality it can be really difficult to navigate behind the scene and a little too complicated and time consuming to figure out where things are or how to set things up.

Can't remember.

Reasons for Switching to FareHarbor

Fees charged by Eventbrite were increasing

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied November 2019

Hi Carly - Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review and your high praise of our team! Growing your business is our priority and always happy to talk through ways to streamline your operations and increase online bookings!

Sally from Birdwatching NC

The best solution for booking on the planet

Pros

1. Extremely easy to use- Each feature was intuitively built in a way that any user can quickly understand the key functions of the software. 2. Customer service is outstanding- Fare Harbor stands alone in the industry in the support and education of it’s clients. From a live training session with a real human being, to a huge online library of video and copy resources to 24 hour service help, there’s simply no one out there that cares for the success of it’s tour operators than Fare Harbor. 3. The software works seamlessly in every aspect both on the back end and client facing interfaces.

Cons

This software is perfect. I would not change a thing.

Reasons for Choosing FareHarbor

Because of the human element found in the customer service experience. I am a website developer so I know what it means to build something great for a client. More importantly, I know the value of delivering an exceptional service experience to my fellow human beings who are just trying to earn a living using the digital tools I create. Fare Harbor understands this and goes out of their way to make sure that their clients know exactly how to use their products. They know that when I do well, they will too ;)

Reasons for Switching to FareHarbor

Because WeTravel sucks! They lack the features of the Fare Harbor booking process, offer zero customer support and worst of all they do not pay tour operators for the tours they’ve booked.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied August 2020

Hi Sally - Thank you for taking the time to write this review and your positive feedback on our Customer Service teams! FareHarbor was built for tour operators like you and we are dedicated to setting you up for success! We look forward to growing this partnership, if you have any questions or need assistance we are available 24/7!

Dionne from Hawaii Adventure Center

June 2016

Intuitive, state-of-the-art, easy to use , & MOST of all outstanding customer service

We implemented FH 1 year ago. Since then, we've seen a significant increase in online bookings, we're enjoying affiliate partner bookings at all hours of the day without any effort on our part, and we've also experienced improved processes internally because of all the features that FH has to offer from daily manifests, reporting and trackability.

Pros

We like most that we have control over our fleet inventories, what our online customers can see versus our staff, ease of use and the unmatched top-notch customer service and support. The customer support team is extremely responsive and helpful!

Cons

After using more than a handful of commonly used software in the state as an affiliate partner with relationships with many activity providers we've realized that there is not a software that has everything that the end user may envision (this is not a negative). FH is by far way ahead of the game. There may be minor features that you're used to seeing with your current software that may not exist. The good news is that if you send in a wish list email to the support team it will not be ignored. They will do all that they can to implement your ideas into the software. They have a team of programmers working tirelessly on improvements every day that customers bring to the table. I've seen many of our wish list items come through to fruition. I love this because our ideas matter. We have worked with software in the past that would just say, "sorry - it doesn't do that."

Richard from Black River Outdoors

August 2016

Just finished our first busy season with FareHarbor

We just finished our first busy season with FareHarbor. We use it for Kayak Tour and Kayak Rental reservations. We use The Booking Ninja for our phone support, and they are experts on FareHarbor (they recommended it to us). Between the two companies, we now are freed from answering phones, and can focus on making our tours the best they can possibly be. There are cheaper solutions out there, but they lacked some of the rich features that we needed. Here are my comments: ' Very powerful tool ' the only one that we found that could handle our need to seamlessly share kayaks between tours and rentals. This let us move our kayak rental reservations to the web, saving us a lot of work on our end. ' Not as intuitive as some other options. Some of the more powerful features work, but are not easy to understand from my end. Fortunately, we use 'The Booking Ninja' for our phone reservations, and they are experts on FareHarbor, and handle most day to day modifications for us. The FareHarbor staff did the original setup and handles any modifications that are beyond the Booking Ninja's capabilities, so the complexity is not as big a problem as we feared. ' Tool is steadily improving with new capabilities. These improvements have let us handle more complex scenarios without having to jump through hoops. ' Support has been very responsive. We work through our representative for most things, but can also simply call or email the support team.

Pros

Very powerful features. This lets us handle our most complex needs. This is why we moved to FareHarbor.

Cons

Some of the powerful features are hidden from the casual user, so it is not always intuitive when a change is needed. Fortunately, we can just let The Booking Ninja or FareHarbor support know what we need, and they will do the necessary changes.

Bill from Atlantic Kayak Tours

Fareharbor has been one of the best business decision we have ever made.

Makes signing up for our programs easier for our clients and easier for us to manage.

Pros

Fareharbor is totally customer focused. They work to help us grow our business. You hear businesses say these things but usually they are only looking to grow their business. Fareharbor's customer support is the best we have ever used. Most of the service is easy to use but when you need that extra help, Fareharbor is always there to help with staff that are professional and know the product well. They both save us money and at the same time help us grow our business and make more profits. The bottom line is if you have a business that takes reservations, you should be using Fareharbor.

Cons

While I think the service is easy to use, I hope (and know) it will get easier and move powerful each month. Fareharbor is constantly updating the service and the updates are mostly transparent to us and to our clients. I really don't have anything even a little negative to say about Fareharbor.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied April 2018

Okay, this might just be our new favorite review! Thanks for the wonderful feedback. We really appreciate it. It makes us happy to hear that our customer focus shines through. If there's ever anything we can help with in the future, please don't hesitate to reach out. Our support team is always available!

Mike from Shortsville Reindeer Farm

Bookings for Reindeer Farm tours

One of the best things about this company is their customer service. They are always available via phone or email to answer any questions I have, assist in setting up accounts for different items , or to lead me through solving problems I might encounter. Issues are resolved within a matter of minutes, not days or weeks.

Pros

With the onset of the COVID pandemic, it became necessary for me to schedule visits to the farm. I could no longer have hundreds of people there at a time. This software allowed me to very easily schedule visits, track the critical information for each guest in case contact tracing was necessary and send information out to everyone in the session or to individuals. The software also was seamlessly integrated with my banking accounts to take care of all of my financial transactions so that I could focus on the actual events instead of the financial aspects.

Cons

There was only one instance that I recall that could have been handled better. I had asked a question about how to set up a certain parameter. Immediately after I asked the question, they integrated my request into the software. At the time, I would have preferred that they walk me through how I could resolve the issue myself instead of resolving it for me. However, that experience revealed to me how fast they could fix my issues.

Reasons for Choosing FareHarbor

Fareharbor was initially recommended to me by another person in a similar business. I talked to several others in the business who had event booking software. Fareharbor was the dominant software for our business due to several reasons including the cost, the ease of use, and the superb customer service.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied February 2021

Mike - thanks for taking the time to write this review. We are happy that our Dashboard and Customer Support teams were able to help you navigate some the obstacles amidst the COVID pandemic. We are in this together and will be there for you every step of the way! Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!

Saba from PhotoWalks

Industry: Photography

Best Reservation Software + Awesome Customer Support Team!

There is tremendous support from the FareHarbor team to ensure that things are operating properly and moving forward. They value a tour business no matter how small or large. There are team members who have specific expertise in the online digital world(ex. SEO specialist, partnerships). The Support Team members are friendly, knowledgeable and always willing to help resolve an issue before ending the call. Customer Support is open 24/7 /365!!! My website was created and is hosted by FareHarbor— all at no charge. What an amazing perk! I love having control over editing my website. It’s a HUGE plus to not pay a developer to do the edits. FareHarbor rocks the booking reservation software world!

Pros

FareHarbor is the #1 booking software in the tourism industry! It is the absolute BEST company for tour operators to partner with for reservation software. They are on the cutting edge of reservation technology and have experienced astonishing growth since launching in 2013. I've been onboard with Fare Harbor for almost two years now. My sales have increased ever since I joined. My Account Manager is so supportive of me and my business and gives me strategic advice based on a Google Analytics report.

Cons

One task in particular could have fewer steps: changing the date of a tour.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied February 2019

Aloha Saba! Thanks so much for your honest review! It is important to us that we have a team that is just as fast, powerful and adaptable as our software. We value your partnership and its important to us that you have the tools and resources to grow your business!

Andrea from DiscoveryPisa

Perfect product

Pros

Costumer care and price are the best things

Cons

Nothing so far is everything perfect....

Reasons for Choosing FareHarbor

Price, we work with affiliate like GYG or viator and Fare Harbor has no commission rate for this bookings

Reasons for Switching to FareHarbor

TrekkSoft has an awful costumer care and for an small business like ours TrekkSoft cost a lot we payed more than 2500€ in a year. So fare with FareHarbor we paid nothing

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Replied November 2019

Hi Andrea - Thanks for sharing this review! We are glad to hear the transition over to FareHarbor has been smooth and look forward to growing your business.

Sara from Sea Synergy

Amazing booking platform

FareHarbor makes it incredibly easy for us to make and take bookings online and in our shop. They are very eager to help and make it clear that they want our business to succeed.