• icon"There is so much functionality. I love that rebooking is so easy as are refunds and amending bookings and payments."
  • icon"The ability to save a portion of each payment to cover refunds is especially useful."
  • icon"How streamlined, intuitive, and effective the software is designed. I greatly appreciate the ease of checking in customers, along with every step of the customer's experience."
  • icon"I have yet to discover any issues with the software, which could be described as a dislike."
  • icon"Now Fare Harbor is single handedly destroying what we worked so hard for. I have spoken with several representatives of the company."
  • icon"We do receive some complains from our customers about extra fee using FareHarbor, but that has nothing to do with the overall experience."

All FareHarbor Reviews

1-25 of 1,032 Reviews

María

Company size: 11 - 50 employees

June 2022

Very easy to use!

Emma

Excellent service and product

Overall, I really like Fareharbor - I like the way it looks when people book.

Pros

The customer service is amazing and fast On a day to day basis, it is easy to use and you can add all the information you need to for all your guides.

Cons

I sometimes struggle with set up and amending items. We usually have to get Fareharbor to do some or all of the set up as we get some things wrong. Saying that, all you need to do is reach out to their service team and they usually sort it out in minutes.

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

I didn't get on with Turitop and needed a slightly more sophisticated system.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hello Emma - Thank you for posting this review! We are happy to hear that you've found our software easy to use and that you have had positive experiences working with our amazing Support Team. With that, we are always available and can help set up and amending your items or can schedule a team member to help train you on that specific function. Thanks!

Replied October 2019

Demian

May 2022

Highly Recommend!

Over all, for what I need from FareHarbor, it's a great fit!

Pros

I like the look of it, functionality, helpful instructions if need, and the increase in direct bookings, without customers contacting me first, to make a decision.

Cons

The FareHarbor Distribution Network could be improved upon. I didn't find value in that department, so do not offer my services for a commission. However, I did allow FH to set up a website for page for Other Activities, partnering with other local tour operators. I have yet to see the value in that for referring business. multiple times.

Reasons for choosing FareHarbor

Started in Hawaii, reputation in Hawaii, other Tour Operators/friends who use it, style, and functionality.

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

It was inferior to FareHarbor in many ways. Only advantage was no booking fee.

Leigh

October 2022

Very happy

Very happy. What I wanted is something easy to use, and when it's not, to have the support available to help. I have this.

Pros

Product is very easy to use. Anytime I require assistance the Support team and/or Account Manager ( [SENSITIVE CONTENT] ) is there.

Cons

Sundays aren't always the easiest times to call.

Reasons for choosing FareHarbor

FareHarbor was the first one. As I'm very happy I see no reason to change.

Sandra

Over-promised and Under-performed compared to Other Top Booking Software

Fareharbor called us almost every week for 18 months trying to get us to switch to our software. The sales rep. kept insisting that if we switched we would see a big increase in our sales revenue. So, we were eager to see that happen in the first month of our 5 month high season. However, the first month, there was no increase, it was almost exactly the same. Then the next two months, which are the highest revenue months of the year for our company actually saw a sharp decrease in sales. One month was $10K less than the previous year, and the other month was over $20k less than the previous year. There was nothing about Fareharbor that actually made guests want to book more. Their product is just complicated and not better. The reason they have more reviews and customers than the other companies is due to their relentless, downright irritating sales tactics. They wear you down with calls until you just agree. I would like to add that in the months I have described above, our company also spent 2 times more on marketing than in the previous year. I mention this because when I told Fareharbor they had not lived up to their guarantee of more sales, their response was to tell me they could not tell me how to do marketing, and they suggested it was to our lack of competence in that realm. But as mentioned, we spent twice as much and worked equally hard. When we have a chance, we will change software systems. We would not recommend Fareharbor to other companies.

Pros

The user experience for the guests who are booking seems good.

Cons

Everything is complicated. From set-up to all the confounded reporting options, it is just all too much. Not user-friendly from the point of view of the tour operators dashboard. It is nearly impossible to set-up or edit your own tours. The gift-card option is ugly and not a good sell for our company. We sold way more gift cards with our other software.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Sandra - Thank you for your honest feedback. Open and honest communication with our clients is very important to us and we deeply regret the experience that you had. Although you did not find FareHarbor to be the solution you were looking for, we would hate for you to leave with a bitter taste. If you have additional feedback you'd like to share please feel free to reach us at (855) 495-5551. Otherwise, we wish you and the BK Adventure team continued success and hope for another opportunity to earn back your business.

Replied February 2019

September 2022

Easy and free setup, but booking cost fairly high

Good. The initial sales guy tried to setup the system to drive too many of our bookings online, at the expense of doing them manually to make better use of our instructors and resource. But once setup the system worked well and the tech support was excellent. The tech team would very quickly change opening times, setup new activities, change prices etc. Best tech support I have ever had.

Pros

Setup was done by Fare Harbour and it cost us nothing. The technical team are really fast and effective.

Cons

Fare Harbour add a booking fee that the customer has to pay on top of the fee for the activity. We would have preferred to include this fee in the total as we did not like the concept of a booking fee.

Reasons for choosing FareHarbor

Free setup and lower costs for us as a small business with few bookings.

Dave

My Only Regret Is Not Starting Sooner

Reliable, professional, honest. Every question is answered. Every promise fulfilled. What more is there?

Pros

The Fareharbor software has freed me to get back to doing what makes my company great and puts the entire back office functions at my finger tips: booking, assigning roles, servicing my clients, and ensuring my reporting is clear and easy to follow has gone from consuming most of my time to becoming a second thought. I have an entire staff in my pocket and the support and training from FareHarbor are always there when I have a question.

Cons

I would like to be able to send more automatic mails than currently possible. That's it.

You were the best.

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

You are everything they fail to be. I have been beyond satisfied and would like to find a way to integrate FareHarbor into my other business.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Dave - Thank you for taking the time to write this review! FareHarbor was designed to help tour operators, such as yourself, grow their businesses - we are happy to hear that you have been able to leverage the software to handle the operational day to day of your business. We look forward to growing this partnership! Thank you!

Replied October 2019

Eric

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

May 2022

The Best!

Pros

The ease of use and the customer support is way above expectations and is superior to any other software we have tried.

Cons

I don’t have anything that I dislike about the company they are always integrating and improving experience

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

The ease of integration, overall use, and the support. Not to mention the ability to rebuild a website and keep it maintained and up to date.

CHRISTINA

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

Our small business LOVES FareHarbor!

We are so happy we made the switch to FareHarbor two years ago. We have a cleaner website that is user friendly with increased sales. The support teams work hard to make changes and keep our website performing seamlessly as we add new products and grow and expand. They care deeply about our success as a business and we feel the love and support from their staff as we grow our business and partnership with their company.

Pros

Easy to use, team friendly, quick and efficient. The change over from our previous company was seamless and the support is incredible!

Cons

Only that the fees are among the highest in the industry.

Reasons for choosing FareHarbor

More API connectivity and better support, better reviews from clients.

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

More functionality and options with fareharbor platform.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Christina! Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review and your partnership over the past few years! It has been our pleasure working with you it is great to see how our software has helped the Sawgrass Recreational Park team. I'll be sure to pass along your great feedback to the rest of the FareHarbor team and we look forward to continue growing this partnership, together!

Replied November 2020

Simon

February 2022

A company that provided exactly what we wanted

We have had absolutely no problems with FareHarbor. They have lived up to all their promises and the customer service is excellent.

Pros

The software is simple and easy to use for both ourselves and for our customers.

Cons

Whilst generally easy to use, the interface could be a little more intuitive.

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

FareHarbor offered a higher level of integration and overall use.

Antoinette

FareHarbor Daily User

I am very happy with FareHarbor! I like that there is no monthly fee that I have to pay and the fees that my customers have to pay are small.

Pros

I like the ease of the software and how quickly I am able to get a response from the support team when needed.

Cons

I wish the colors were more vibrant on the booking calendar. I have 3 separate escape rooms and the current color scheme is hard to distinct the difference between each room in the booking calendar.

Reasons for choosing FareHarbor

The gentleman whom originally reached out to me was very helpful and offered a remote tour of FareHarbor. He told me the switch from Bookeo would be easy and quick and that FareHarbor would take care of all of the details. It was a quick and easy transition!

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

I was paying a monthly fee with Bookeo and their customer service team was based out of Austrailia, so any time I had a question or issue it would take days to get resolved. FareHarbor is also a lot more user friendly and easier to get around in.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Antoinette - Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We are happy to hear you have had a great experience working with our team, from our Sales team to our Support! We appreciate your feedback about the colors on the booking calendar! Be on the lookout for our Product & Feature release emails as our team is always looking for ways to enhance the customer experience in our Dashboard.

Replied November 2020

MATTHIEU

Powerful and friendly

So far so good, happy to use it and great team behind, helping us to improve our business online.

Pros

its connectivity, various options helps feedbacks, friendly user

Cons

Not a master Jedi yet! but it might be hard to configurate it at your image, since many options are offered.

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

Better connected, friendlier and better end user experience

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Matthieu - thank you for taking the time to give FareHarbor such a great review! We'll get you to master Jedi status in no time. We are always here to help, and never hesitate to reach out! Thanks again.

Replied November 2019

Evan

October 2022

Muy útil para negocios turísticos

Pros

Me gusta Fareharbor porque los clientes pueden ver la disponibilidad de actividades de manera fácil, y reservarlas sin tener que llamarnos. Igual para los nuevos empleados (incluso yo cuando recién empecé), es muy fácil empezar a usarlo.

Cons

No sé porque tenemos que ingresar el zip code cuando hacemos pagos en Fareharbor— me parece innecesario.

Fantastic software that seamlessly integrates with your site

Our non-profit arts organization / national historic landmark started shopping for a new ticket vendor amidst the pandemic when our formerly tried and true ticketing vendor (BrownPaperTickets) became negligent and withheld earned income from ticket sales for our events that took place in 2020. A sales rep from FareHarbor had been regularly reaching out to check in with us and see if we wanted to learn more about their product, and while shopping for a new service I spent countless hours doing research and speaking with representatives from several ticketing vendors (EventBrite, SimpleTix, etc.) and decided to give FareHarbor a shot as well. The sales representative was fantastic and thorough, answered all of my questions (and subsequent questions), provided support, and was highly transparent about everything - fees, onboarding, etc. We made the decision to try FareHarbor primarily because of how customizable their services are, the autonomy we get as a customer, the support provided by their team, how seamlessly it integrates with our website, and the fact that the branding is on point. Most other services have their own logo front and center with your business's logo and information secondary, and with FareHarbor all communication and interfacing makes our branding, logo and information top priority with subtle branding of their own. We are over the moon with their software and service!

Pros

The customer service team has been exceptional in providing complete information and support throughout the vetting process and then getting us set up, customizing our dashboard, training our staff, and continues to be highly responsive and supportive. It also integrates seamlessly with our website and is exceptionally user-friendly, not to mention how beautiful it looks!

Cons

So far we have not yet encountered anything we don't like about FareHarbor and their services. I'm thankful that the sales team was as persistent as they were with our organization in trying to share their product with us, or we may not have known it was an option for us. Thank goodness she kept calling, how many people can say that?

Reasons for choosing FareHarbor

We used SimpleTix in a pinch while finishing the 2020 tour program and while it worked great it was slightly less user friendly, didn't integrate with our website as seamlessly, and wasn't as customizable as we needed it to be. They do have great customer service though. We decided against using EventBrite primarily because it required a one year contract and the branding was focused on EventBrite and not venues - for example, if you buy a ticket to an event through EventBrite, the email you receive has EventBrite branding front and center and the venue's information is minimal, so all EventBrite tickets look the same no matter what venue you purchase tickets for. It's not customizable. We also need to have customer support available 7 days per week, as our events take place primarily on weekends, and the sales representative was very transparent in saying that they did scale back customer support availability to be 5 days per week. FareHarbor has customer service 24/7, is fully customizable, doesn't require a contract, and the fees are comparable to other ticketing platforms. They also integrate with our website so that when a customer purchases a ticket, they never leave our website - and it didn't require altering the format or template of our website. The FareHarbor service team took care of all of it for us, made adjustments as needed, and has continued to provide consistent support for us.

Reasons for switching to FareHarbor

We had used Brown Paper Tickets as our ticketing vendor since 2008, and in 2020 they withheld the earned income we should have received from ticket sales for tours that took place between July and September of 2020. Brown Paper Tickets also shut down their customer service, and stopped responding to our inquiries about when we may receive what's owed to us. It's now 2021 and they still owe us over $30,000 for those tour ticket sales, and we are just one of thousands of venues and customers who are owed money by Brown Paper Tickets. They have lost our trust due to their gross negligence, and have yet to confirm any sort of timeline as to when we will get paid. As a small non-profit, we rely on that income to remain open to the public.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hi Sarah - Thank you for sharing your review of FareHarbor, we appreciate you taking the time to share this detailed feedback and comments! We are thrilled to hear you had a great experience working with our teams to get you onboarded and set up and we are excited to have you as part of the FareHarbor Family. We look forward to growing this partnership with you!

Replied May 2021

Easy To Use Booking System With Great Customer Support

Because it costs the company nothing and their customer service is top-notch I have nothing but great experiences with FareHarbor and the customers do not seem to mind the added fee for online booking as the booking numbers have gone up since implementing FareHarbor!

Pros

The team at FareHarbor made the transition to their product super easy. They listened to our requirements and configured the product to accommodate everything required. Both the frontend and backend of the product is easy to navigate and use for both customers and administrators. It integrated with the website with no problems.

Cons

Their fee is pretty steep in my opinion. It's charged to the customer booking, but I don't like the amount of the fee no matter who it is passed on to!

Reasons for choosing FareHarbor

No cost to the company since the fee is added to the customer booking total.

Response from FareHarbor Holdings

Hello - Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us! We are thrilled to hear you had a great experience working with our Customer Support teams and you've found our Dashboard easy to use. We aim to make your life easier! We understand your feedback regarding the fee, however our experience shows that this fee does not affect your conversions! Once again, thank you for sharing this review with us. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out!

Replied May 2021