All Genbook Reviews

Sizzly

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Best scheduler

Kelly

Happy user for almost nine years

Genbook has been easy for myself and my clients to use from day one. I’m constantly getting feedback from clients about how easy it was and how they liked being able to book whenever they wanted. Any little problems I’ve had over the years have always been taken care of very quickly through the support staff, so I never have to worry that something will go wrong and not get fixed. And I get all that ease of use and fast helpful support at a very affordable price.

Pros

What I like most is a hard one to narrow down. There is so much I like, mostly revolving around ease of use for both myself and my clients. But overall I’d have to say what I like most is that Genbook is always working to make their software better, in ways both big and small.

Cons

The only complaint I had for many years was the lack of a waitlist feature, but Genbook now has that, so honestly there isn’t anything else I dislike.

Reasons for choosing Genbook

It’s been nine years since I started with Genbook, so while I can’t remember any of the other online booking systems I researched, I do remember that Genbook was the easiest and most simple to use of all the test appointments I booked while trying to decide what system to go with.

Reasons for switching to Genbook

The day spa I worked in used a very inferior booking system that consistently lost or changed my appointments. I changed my own books to Genbook and never looked back.

Response from Genbook

Hi Kelly, This review made our day! We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Essential Business Tool

Genbook solves many issues for a small business like mine, for example, online booking, managing appointments online without the need to call me. Online presence with reviews. It allows me to work simultaneously as clients manage their appointments online. This is a game changer for me! People book their appointments online from anywhere and at any time. I do not have the hassle to phone chase my busy clients.

Pros

Genbook allows me to run my entire company online that gives my clients an easy & efficient way to manage their appointments 24/7. It sends our a confirmation & reminders which significantly reduces missed appointments. Clients receive a followup email which they may leave a public review for others to see, creating an online presence which is key these days as more and more people utilize online tools to conduct their business. As an admin, I have full control of many settings to customize the kind of business that works best for my practice.

Cons

There are so many product offerings within Genbook, that for my business type, I will not use. Adding more options could mean higher costs which concerns me. So far, the pricing of Genbook remains unchanged.

Reasons for choosing Genbook

The pricing model and features were key that best matched my business needs.

Response from Genbook

Hi David, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Valerie

Needs more marketing features

I love that its easy for clients and some of how genbook integrates with google. I am often frustrated by downtime due to hardware issues and not being able to pull client lists with filters. If I didn’t have 1500 plus reviews with genbook, I’d probably switch to something more marketing friendly.

Pros

Ease of use for my clients. Not having to create a profile to book makes it easy and clients are more likely to book.

Cons

Complete lack of filters for clients. It’s a spreadsheet. I need a way to pull clients out via different filters and create lists to market to. I don’t understand why this hasn’t happened yet. I’ve been a genbook user since May 2009 and I have asked repeatedly with zero response.

Response from Genbook

Hi Valerie, Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community. I wanted to update my response as we now have more marketing features in our product, as you would have seen! Would you mind updating your review to reflect this? Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Replied March 2021

Angela

Industry: Mental Health Care

Fire your receptionist

Genbook allows clients to book appointments online through my website with the press of a button. When I’m in session I can’t answer my phone or respond to emails, but clients can schedule with me even when I am unavailable to book appointments for them. They can even book when I am asleep or away from work! I don’t have a secretary or an admin for my office and don’t need to hire one.

Pros

Easy to use interface and there’s an app so I can manage appointment a from my phone. I can also charge credit cards from my phone using Stripe that come integrated with the software. Customer service has always been been helpful.

Cons

Over the last few years the software price jumped from $20/month to $40/month. That was a steep increase. I’m willing to pay it because it’s probably the best appointment scheduling software out there. There are certainly clunkier products that aren’t as steamlined. While I like that my clients can see what appointments I have available, it also creeps me out that anyone can go online and look at my schedule. I work in mental health and this can get weird. That’s the downside to providing an online scheduling system – no privacy.

Reasons for choosing Genbook

Better interface and easier to use. Good looking product. Seamlessly integrates with my website.

Response from Genbook

Hi Angela, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Theresa

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Genbook makes it so easy to for clients to schedule with me!

Genbook allows me to run my own business much more smoothly than I'd be able to without it. Because of Genbook, at least 80% of my clients handle their own scheduling, at their own convenience. This frees up so much of my time. Instead of playing phone or email tag, trying to figure out a good time that works for each and every session for each and every client, I can just live my life while my schedule fills up on its own.

Pros

I love the ease of setup and the flexibility I have with my schedule. It's easy to change my hours and availability. It's easy to mark when I'll be out of town. When I brought another person into my business, it was straightforward and intuitive how to do her scheduling as well. In the nine years I've been using Genbook, they've just continued to add more features and to make the software more intuitive and easy to use. Also, my clients love it. I consistently have clients telling me how easy it is to schedule through Genbook as compared to a lot of other options. Lastly, I'm so glad I have the option to request a credit card when scheduling. My no shows are almost down to zero. My frustration and wasted time are drastically reduced! Oh! And the reviews! I LOVE that Genbook automatically requests reviews from my clients after their sessions. It's been so, so helpful from a marketing perspective.

Cons

Every once in a while, it's glitchy and I can't log in, or a client has a conflicting time show up on their calendar. But it's rare, and lately the communication from Genbook regarding any issues has been stellar. Oh, and I wish there was a way to connect the Genbook reviews to Yelp! or Google Reviews, or any other, more public review site. I love that the reviews are collected, I just wish more people, especially potential clients who have never scheduled with me before, could see them.

Reasons for choosing Genbook

Price, ease of use, features I liked and needed

Response from Genbook

Hi Theresa, This review made our day! We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Ellen

Easy to use!

I've been using genbook for about 10 years or more. Support is on top of their game. I feel like my voice is heard when I make suggestions. Overall, it's the best on the market in my experience!

Pros

I have tried other software that made it way too complicated for the client and the business. AND my clients prefer using genbook. Clients get notified before appointments and I love the new waitlist option. Keep doing what you are doing. I will never leave Genbook.

Cons

the things that i used to like least like not having multiple bookings has been added. so it really functions the way i like.

Reasons for choosing Genbook

I used booker and the bells and whistles did not work well together. Other people advised against schedulicity. And shedul did not have everything that Genbook had to offer at the time I looked. They didn't offer credit card capture at the time.

Response from Genbook

Hi Ellen, This review made our day! We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Sienna

Easy & Reliable

Excellent!

Pros

This software makes it easier for me to run my business smoothly! Clients can book an appointment at any time, 24/7! It has helped reduce "no shows" from new clients by requiring a credit card to book an appointment!

Cons

1. I would LOVE it if there was an "add-on" option /drop down menu when we are booking clients in our studio. 2. I would love it if we could send out emails through genbook!

Ease of use!

Reasons for switching to Genbook

I switched from genbook to vagaro to have email capabilities and online booking in one. I did not keep it for long because clients were login. So, we switched back to genbook. I wish I had never left!

Response from Genbook

Hi Sienna, This review made our day! We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests! Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Brooke

Simple, easy and the best business decision I've made.

My business has grown since using this software and my life is less stressed because of it.

Pros

This software makes my business life so much easier. I spend very little time returning phone calls, my customers get reminders so I get less no-show appointments and the reviews constantly help attract new clients. I don't bother with advertising any longer as I am fully booked weeks in advance.

Cons

There are a few gaps in the software such as, I get notifications when a client books an appointment, but nothing when they cancel appointments. Seems like a simple tweak to the program, but yet it still doesn't happen. Also I would like to be able to put people on the WAIT-LIST myself. This doesn't appear to be an option. Also the wait-list window needs to be broader to cover a longer period of time rather than just a day. There have been some great improvements over the years, but some still need some help. Also I would love to see more of a web page introductory home page with a place for photos and general info about me and my business.

Reasons for choosing Genbook

Genbook was simpler and easier to use both for me and the client.

Response from Genbook

Hi Brooke, This review made our day! We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Good news - you can add a client to your waitlist now. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests! Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Sherry

Excellent software

Genbook is easy to use. The interface is contemporary and eye appealing. I appreciate the continued updates, features and ability to connect through my business website with ease.

Pros

Overall ease of use for me and customers.

Cons

When using the app, if I have existing clients that I've never booked through the app, their name doesn't come up so I can easily book them by just using the app. I had to go through the main website.

Reasons for choosing Genbook

Features, cost, ease of use, look of interface

Reasons for switching to Genbook

Out dated interface, poor ease of use, not worth the cost, the answering phone service was mostly answering telemarketer calls.

Response from Genbook

Hi Sherry, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Lynn

Genbook review

I been with genbook for years. Loyal customer. No complaints.

Pros

Easy for me to use, and my clients love it, simple easy for them to use and understand the software. Love the customer. Talk to Someone personally over the phone, any issues. Not tech savvy. Nice someone who. Is patience with questions.

Cons

Love to be able to provide service for workshop bookings and retreats. For when I teach classes.

Reasons for choosing Genbook

I been with genbook before there was square. I use alsquare for my payment process.

Response from Genbook

Hi Lynn, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Damian

Life saver

I enjoy using genbook for my business and I would definitely recommend this to other barbers for sure.

Pros

I like that my business is run way more efficiently than ever before. I love the fact that I can call up and give suggestions that usually end up becoming part of new updates.

Cons

I wish refunds for customer cancellations could be automatic as long as they cancel within the allowed window.

Reasons for choosing Genbook

Referral from another barber. I didn’t know anyone else using a different app.

Response from Genbook

Hi Damian, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Kelli

My life changed after adding Genbook to my business

Genbook has not only increased my patient volume, but it has given me so much freedom. I used to just sit in my studio during office hours...just in case I had a walk in. Now, I can block out a section of time and go run an errand. If I don't have a patient scheduled first thing in the morning, I can take my time. I recently decided to take ukulele lessons, but it conflicted with my schedule. No problem, I just blocked out some time and I got to take those lessons.

Pros

Genbook is like have a full time employee that works 24/7 and never makes a mistake. It allows my patients to make (and change) appointments any time of the night and day. No phone messages, no waiting, no wondering if they can get in to see me. No feelings of guilt for changing their appointment 3 times. My patient appointments went up immediately when I started using Genbook. My patients tell me that they love this system.

Cons

Patients complain that they cannot see their account. They would like to be able to log in, see past appointments, see future appointments and be able to change appointments (as opposed to canceling an appointment, then setting up a new one). They often miss that last button to confirm their appointment. My old message about setting up their account seems to be defunct. I need to call customer support and update that.

Reasons for choosing Genbook

I've been with Genbook for a while. I was not aware of other products at the time I began. Because I am satisfied, I have never considered another product since.

Response from Genbook

Hi Kelli, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Linda

Genbook Consistently Elevates My Private Practice

I started using Genbook about 12 years ago when my biz was brand new, while it was being offered as a free service and I jumped on board. I've seen new features added and constant improvements over the years. When a monthly fee was implemented, I chose to continue because I never had an issue or problem, and the pricing is very reasonable. Genbook was one of my first financial investments in going professional with my private practice, and it is the single most valuable investment I've made in my business to date.

Pros

The "BookNow!" feature. It's so easy for anyone to schedule and manage their appointments without needing to speak with me directly. Email and text reminders are sent automatically. Reviews are collected and displayed online. Billing and payments are tracked. And now gift certificates can be purchased. I'm not technically inclined, so I really appreciate how seamlessly this works with emails, website, google searches, and FB biz page.

Cons

Nothing. I absolutely LOVE this software.

Reasons for choosing Genbook

Genbook was a free service when I first heard about it from a classmate who was sharing free tips for new health coaches in private practice. We were talking about time-management and virtual assistants. Genbook solved both those needs for me. A dozen years later, it's still my favorite biz support service. Thank you!

Response from Genbook

Hi Linda, This review made our day! We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Grace

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Affordable and easy

Genbook has been a great tool in my sole-proprietorship business, enabling me to easily handle client scheduling in person or over the internet. My clients find it easy to use when scheduling themselves; and the email and text reminders that nudge them to remember their appointments keep my weeks running smoothly (without my having to hire a receptionist to do confirmation calls!)

Pros

The Genbook software includes good coverage of the scheduling basics that I need for running my therapy business. I really like the easy of setting up the online scheduling page with details that tailor it to represent my business well. About 60% of my clients use the online scheduling, and like the control that it gives them. I also find the appointment reminders (sent to clients via text and email) very helpful in ensuring clients show up. One of my favorite features is the request for a review that is emailed after the initial session a client has with me, and then periodically after that. The reviews are then published on the online scheduling site, and easily placed on my other websites as well. This is great for promoting my business, giving other potential clients information and a sense of familiarity that encourages them to schedule.

Cons

I frequently have trouble with the app on my mobile device, and this frustrates me. The issues vary; but the one that gives me the most trouble is the app being slow to update my schedule, so I have to do double-checks. I also feel that the monthly price is high for the level of service that I am getting from it. In my business, I don't need most of the features that were added during the most recent price increase. The monthly price is very reasonable IF I needed the features; but I don't, so for me it was a sizeable price hike that didn't add value. I would prefer more tiers of choices/prices for the software.

Reasons for choosing Genbook

I had used Genbook at another office, so I was familiar with it. When I enrolled my own business in 2015, the monthly price for a single-user account was extremely reasonable. I don't remember other specifics.

Response from Genbook

Hi Grace, We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Brannigan