• Pros

• "I absolutely love this site! It is so easy to use and my clients say that it is so nice to be able to navigate it easily!"

• "Very easy to use I love it! I use it every day"

• "This program is very easy to use and saves us time on the phone"

• Cons

• "they are good at listening to suggestions....but it would be great it they were implemented a bit sooner some times"

• "Cons are that the software times out a lot. Therefore, if you are idle for a while you'll have to refresh in order to update or view appointments. Besides that the application is pretty solid."

• "The occasional down time is real hard, but they have been quick to email with times and apologize. "

Browse Genbook Reviews

Rebecca Taylor from American Hypnosis & Coaching Academy

Like Having a Virtual Receptionist

I have been with genbook since they started several years ago and this software saves me the cost of hiring a receptionist! Best value for any service I purchase for the business monthly!

Pros

Ease of use. I can customize my availability each day and each session. I love how it automatically sends reminders two clients Which minimizes no shows. I love how it has the feature that allows me to send customized confirmation emails depending on the service that I am providing to an individual customer. Great customer service.

Cons

The feature I like the least is that they only integrate taking payments or deposits for sessions upfront with Stripe. It would be nice if they offered equation with PayPal. I wish they integrated with Mailchimp as well as Constant Contact.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

Best overall features for the price.

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Rebecca Taylor, We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

AMY from Heathcare

EXCELLENT, VERY EFFICIENT, RELIABLE, EASE OF USE

I HAVE LOVED IT FROM THE START, ESPECIALLY WHEN I HAD 6 CONSULTANTS AS I WAS ABLE TO MONITOR WHAT THEY WERE DOING OR NOT DOING AND HELP THEM FILL THEIR HOURS WITH CLIENTS. IT WAS VERY BENEFICIAL AS A CEO. WHEN I DECIDED TO DOWNSIZE I CONTINUED TO USE IT AS I LOVED GENBOOK AND ALL OF THE FEATURES AND EASE OF USE.

Pros

EASY TO USE FOR MYSELF AND CLIENTS FOR SCHEDULING, LOVE THE COLOR SO I CAN KNOW WHAT SERVICE I AM PROVIDING AT A QUICK GLANCE, LOVE THE REVENUE ASPECT SO I KNOW WEEKLY WHAT MY INCOME IS AND WHAT IT I HAVE LOST FROM NO SHOWS. LOVE THE NEW WAIT LIST AS IT HAS BEEN WORKING GREAT FOR MY CLIENTS! I LOVE BEING ABLE TO ENTER ALL OF THE CLIENT INFORMATION AND HAVING A PLACE TO DOCUMENT THE NOTES, BESIDES IN THE CLIENTS' CHART.

Cons

I HONESTLY CAN NOT THINK OF ANYTHING! COMPARED TO OTHER SOFTWARE AND APPS THIS IS THE BEST AND I LOVE IT.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

EASE OF USE AND ALL OF THE FEATURES WITH THE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Response from Genbook

Replied March 2020

Hi Amy, This review made our day! We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Valerie from Bare Down There Waxing

Needs more marketing features

I love that its easy for clients and some of how genbook integrates with google. I am often frustrated by downtime due to hardware issues and not being able to pull client lists with filters. If I didn’t have 1500 plus reviews with genbook, I’d probably switch to something more marketing friendly.

Pros

Ease of use for my clients. Not having to create a profile to book makes it easy and clients are more likely to book.

Cons

Complete lack of filters for clients. It’s a spreadsheet. I need a way to pull clients out via different filters and create lists to market to. I don’t understand why this hasn’t happened yet. I’ve been a genbook user since May 2009 and I have asked repeatedly with zero response.

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Valerie, We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have this with our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Genevieve from Be The Change Massage Therapy

Excellent booking system

Every time I need help figuring something out, the support team gets back to me right away and their suggestions always work. The team outline easy to follow instructions and I'm always in the know about upcoming changes or new features.

Pros

I love the ease of booking a client in or have the client book themselves in.

Cons

I would love for the online calendar to be bigger and easier to read. It's also very difficult to distinguish between days still available to book and those that are not.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

Price for a similar product that offers just about the same features.

Response from Genbook

Replied September 2020

Hi Genevieve, Thank you for taking the time to leave us this amazing review! We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

RED from A TOUCH OF RED

Genbook takes care of my business

Thank you Genbook for automatically asking clients for reviews. I would rarely think to ask for reviews on my own and now I don't have to! I have over 100 5 star reviews on my website! Thank You Gen Book!!! Genbook takes care of so much office administration work for me, allowing me more time to do the therapies that I love. -Red

Pros

Ease of use for clients, it is quick and easy to setup their account and schedule.

Cons

clients have problems knowing how to cancel their appointments. I am not sure how to cancel genbook from sending a review request.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

ease of use for clients, simple yet deep user interface for me price

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Red, This review made our day! We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Natasha from StylesByMzFit

Industry: Cosmetics

Thoroughly enjoy using Genbook

I've been with Genbook over 5years and I am satisfied with my overall experience this far. I have no plans on leaving.

Pros

I like that this software is always updating and ensuring that we're able to use it with ease.

Cons

My only complaint is that the updates come years after other software apps have been updated to most functions and it comes at a cost(price increase).

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

At the time, Genbook had more features than Vagaro.

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Natasha, We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Ana Helena from Sea Change Massage

Excellent Customer Support and Online Presence

I love Genbook. When I moved to having two locations, the staff were able to help me with a workaround so that people could book in either location, though that isn't normally how the software works. Again, they have great customer support.

Pros

I have used Genbook for many years and have seen them evolve in that time. Whenever I have needed help figuring out how to use the software, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] or one of her team has been available to help me. In addition, I think a lot of my online presence is due to the reviews that are generated through Genbook. My company has a broader online presence because of this software.

Cons

I'm not very software savvy, so sometimes it's hard for me to find WHERE to put information into the system.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

I find Schedulicity to be cumbersome as a user and I didn't like their Mind Body Online service.

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Ana Helena, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Shalene from Embodiwork Studio for Integrative Massage

Long time user

Pros

I appreciated how user friendly Genbook is. I like that it capture client reviews and has a clean looking interface.

Cons

There are a couple little things. Session note capability would be nice.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

It was the first platform I ever used and have been happy with it. Why mess with a good thing.

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Shalene, We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Imani from Royaltress Hair Salon

Review on Genbook

Overall I’m very happy with genbook. I haven’t had any mishaps or slip ups.

Pros

I love that my clients can book more than one service at a time, they can’t book any time, and that my book is also a smart book so it doesn’t double book for me it manages out my time and also, jane book asked my customers for reviews and makes it very easy and self-explanatory to use. I also like the announcement ouI love that my clients can book more than one service at a time, they can’t book any time, and that my book is also a smart book so it doesn’t double book for me it manages out my time and also, jane book ask my customers for reviews it makes it very easy and self-explanatory to use. I also like the announcement add on.

Cons

I don’t like that we can’t block anyone from booking. I also don’t like that genbook is partnered with stripe, stripe takes Way to much money for a fee.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

Because the major salon I was working for used it and it made more sense to stick with what I know as opposed to learning something else. Plus I like my website tag line.

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Imani, We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Enid from Enid Bermejo, CMT

More options

I like it but really wish it had the client confirmation and package options as well as the dollar discount option.

Pros

Affordable. It's fairly easy to use. Customer support is phenomenal

Cons

Some options are only doable on app and others online. No option for client to confirm appointment. No option for package purchase/tracking. Discount options for business are only available as a % and not $.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

It was the first one I came across.

Response from Genbook

Replied February 2020

Hi Enid, We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Brannigan from Brannigan Marie LMT

Genbook software review

overall Genbook has been great and I really like the software

Pros

this software is easy to use. customer service is excellent. I love that my reviews are linked to google. I love the accessibility to communicate with clients automatically without me personally having to send out emails, confirmations, specials. I love the new feature that allows me to select specific clients that have been in recently, had recent birthdays, etc.

Cons

There is only one thing I do not like about this software and its sop frustrating! Importing client data! I do not like that I have to use their partnered email software, which is ridiculously expensive, to easily send out personalized emails to my clients. there needs to be an easier way of importing client data. there should also be a way to have the option to import just emails, or address, etc not everything all at once it takes me over an hour to delete all the unnecessary info to be able to send a mass email to clients. I have almost changed software companies because of this. would love to see this change!

Response from Genbook

Replied September 2020

Hi Brannigan, We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. You'll be pleased to know that Comms will be released before the end of the year which will solve this problem for you. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Sonya from Houston Massage By Sonya

Idiot proof

Customer service people were always nice when I called. Maybe, there was a note they could read from my previous call that alerted them that they had to tell me HOW to turn on my laptop the first time I called...not kidding.

Pros

I am a massage therapist with a near zero skill level when it comes to computer stuff but even I was able to figure this out. Several friends have switched to Genbook after witnessing me easily make changes to pricing, add or delete services or block off time to go on vacation without having to call “the website dude”. The after the service date follow up emails to my clients have helped me build my reputation as a five star business with over 500 reviews and I never had to sweat it. I like the opportunity to see the review before posting so there are never any problems. For example, HIPPA laws prevent me from advertising a celebrity athlete client referred someone. Some reviews are best left unposted.

Cons

I used it for years before I realized that my professional organization ABMP gave me a discount.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

The guy who built my website told me he thought this was a good product match for me. I’ve seen my friends struggle with their systems and I am grateful that he recommended Genbook. Genbook never made my cry.

Response from Genbook

Replied June 2020

Hi Sonya, This review made our day! We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Linda from Whole Health and Wellness

Genbook Consistently Elevates My Private Practice

I started using Genbook about 12 years ago when my biz was brand new, while it was being offered as a free service and I jumped on board. I've seen new features added and constant improvements over the years. When a monthly fee was implemented, I chose to continue because I never had an issue or problem, and the pricing is very reasonable. Genbook was one of my first financial investments in going professional with my private practice, and it is the single most valuable investment I've made in my business to date.

Pros

The "BookNow!" feature. It's so easy for anyone to schedule and manage their appointments without needing to speak with me directly. Email and text reminders are sent automatically. Reviews are collected and displayed online. Billing and payments are tracked. And now gift certificates can be purchased. I'm not technically inclined, so I really appreciate how seamlessly this works with emails, website, google searches, and FB biz page.

Cons

Nothing. I absolutely LOVE this software.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

Genbook was a free service when I first heard about it from a classmate who was sharing free tips for new health coaches in private practice. We were talking about time-management and virtual assistants. Genbook solved both those needs for me. A dozen years later, it's still my favorite biz support service. Thank you!

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Linda, This review made our day! We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Grace from Craniosacral Therapy Asheville

Affordable and easy

Genbook has been a great tool in my sole-proprietorship business, enabling me to easily handle client scheduling in person or over the internet. My clients find it easy to use when scheduling themselves; and the email and text reminders that nudge them to remember their appointments keep my weeks running smoothly (without my having to hire a receptionist to do confirmation calls!)

Pros

The Genbook software includes good coverage of the scheduling basics that I need for running my therapy business. I really like the easy of setting up the online scheduling page with details that tailor it to represent my business well. About 60% of my clients use the online scheduling, and like the control that it gives them. I also find the appointment reminders (sent to clients via text and email) very helpful in ensuring clients show up. One of my favorite features is the request for a review that is emailed after the initial session a client has with me, and then periodically after that. The reviews are then published on the online scheduling site, and easily placed on my other websites as well. This is great for promoting my business, giving other potential clients information and a sense of familiarity that encourages them to schedule.

Cons

I frequently have trouble with the app on my mobile device, and this frustrates me. The issues vary; but the one that gives me the most trouble is the app being slow to update my schedule, so I have to do double-checks. I also feel that the monthly price is high for the level of service that I am getting from it. In my business, I don't need most of the features that were added during the most recent price increase. The monthly price is very reasonable IF I needed the features; but I don't, so for me it was a sizeable price hike that didn't add value. I would prefer more tiers of choices/prices for the software.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

I had used Genbook at another office, so I was familiar with it. When I enrolled my own business in 2015, the monthly price for a single-user account was extremely reasonable. I don't remember other specifics.

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Grace, We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Caroline from Rejuvenation Massage

Stellar Service to have

Pros

Choosing to use Genbook is one of the best business decisions I’ve made. I run my own massage practice & I am with clients most of the time, which leaves me very little time to manage the scheduling of appointments with clients outside of the office. I was playing phone tag with people constantly. Having Genbook is like having a virtual receptionist, my clients are able to book appointments 24/7 without my assistance. Running a business by yourself can be very time consuming, using Genbook takes one less thing off my plate. Thank You!

Cons

Sometimes I have difficulty figuring out how to change something in my standard schedule (ie: adding a random additional day, or opening up another appointment on a day that I’m not usually working). The customer support questions & answers section is usually helpful. If not I consult someone on the customer support team. Also there is upon occasion a glitch & the whole system goes offline but the Customer Support Team is always prompt at contacting me & making me aware of the situation. They generally also fix the issue within a very timely fashion as well.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

Genbook was the only choice for me, it met all my needs ... ease of use for both myself & my clients, the service is very affordable for what is provided & I know that my information is backed up and secure and that my data will never be lost!

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Caroline, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Joni from A Soothing Touch Massage Therapy

Overall I've been satisfied

The great benefit is being able to check my phone or laptop and see what is on my schedule. Genbook also integrates well with the calendar on my phone, so I'm able to ask Alexa "what appointments do I have today?" I've been able to color code different types of sessions and can tell at a glance what kind of week I'll have. The review section is great and has helped bring in new business.

Pros

From the beginning when I started using this software January 2009, it made scheduling appointments and staying on top of my business a breeze. Being able to refer clients to the website so they could schedule while I was giving massage was the best part right off the top! I've used almost every aspect of the software and have found it's usually quite user friendly.

Cons

What I like least is what I can no longer do. I used to be able to set up specials using the software and then post them in an email letter or send them out directly. I would like to see a way to have a "non-work" category so that I can have blocked off time not show up as part of my analytics yet still give me the necessary info as to why I blocked that part of my schedule.

n/a

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Joni, We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Cass from Palouse Acupuncture, LLC

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Genbook is my own personal assistant

Genbook saves me from having to hire a front desk person!

Pros

This software is affordable, easy to use and continually evolving into an "all-you-need" program. It saves me hours per week in scheduling. The new waitlist option has the potential to take me out of the equation almost entirely, which gives me more time in the treatment room with each patient. One of my very favorite things, though, is the Testimonials. I have them tied to my website and I'm sure it's the reason I was boosted to the top of the browser search list! Plus, it's wonderful feedback I wouldn't get otherwise. Also, Love Love Love the automatic email and text reminders. They save me so much time and limit my no-shows.

Cons

I wish I could see all of the patients' appointments from the calendar page instead of having to click two or three times to get to their customer profile and recent appointments. I've also noticed that some patients struggle a bit canceling their appointments. As far as I know, the only way to cancel as a patient is through the confirmation email they receive, but some of my older patients don't have email.

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Cass, This review made our day! We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Leslie from Hospitality Industry

Excellent Scheduling Tool!

Genbook helps me fill my appt book at all hours of the day and night. It's also helpful with sending confirmations and reminders to my clients for their appts so I don't have to.

Pros

Genbook is easy to set up and maintain, and it's extremely user friendly for my clients to book appointments online. You can't argue with the pricing either! Since I'm a Sole Proprietor, most other scheduling software programs are cost prohibitive, but Genbook is perfect for me and my budget.

Cons

I would like to see a feature that allows scheduling for classes and a component that offers email marketing options. With my full database in Genbook, it would be great to be able to send out blanket emails with announcements and promotions a kin to Constant Contact or Mailchimp.

Endorsed by ABMP

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Leslie, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Beth from Many Lives Chinese Medicine

Many Lives Chinese Medicine Loves Genbook!

We have been with Genbook since the very beginning and have been so impressed with the growth and the customer service. I recommend Genbook to all my fellow Acupuncturists.

Pros

Our patients consistantly praise Genbook for the interface and the ease of use. We, in the office love Genbook for every reason there is. It is easy to train new employees on and it is very easy to use.

Cons

We do not like when the software goes down. We pay for the dependability that it will always work, and while that might be asking too much, we need t to work to run our business. There have been perioeds where it has gone down for whole days and that just really screws us up. So the back end needs way more redundency.

Pricing and ease of use

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Beth, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Andrew from Andrew Martin

Simple & Effective

I love the ease of using Genbook. Not only setting it up from my end, but the ease that it affords my clients too. From service selection, to booking, and making payments I love that my customers can do it all with just a few clicks. Genbook's automation and seamless interface has not only helped me grow my business, but it makes it so easy!

Pros

Seamless integration with Stripe. They DON'T use PayPal. Not having to be a middle man with scheduling or taking payments. Being able to add a "Book Now" button to my site and social media accounts. The ease of set up, use, and customization. Being able to add specific hours of operation to different days of the week.

Cons

Not being able to update my time zone/location manually (I have to email tech support for this to happen and I move A LOT) Not being able to offer coupon/promo codes (seriously this is a HUGE fail and seems like a no-brainer) Some of the interface is a bit fiddly and over wrought, but is getting better. Often the features feel like they were built by someone who ISN'T an entrepreneur, but is a coding expert who is really impressed with their own coding abilities. VThe calendar integration (linking my Gmail calendar) is nice that it populates from Genbook->Gmail, but to be TRULY amazing they would also create a way to populate my Genbook calendar via Gmail.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

Feature selection Ease of customization Stripe integration (especially since I have other accounts that use Stripe) Value

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Andrew, We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

David from Northeast Therapeutic Massage LLC

Essential Business Tool

Genbook solves many issues for a small business like mine, for example, online booking, managing appointments online without the need to call me. Online presence with reviews. It allows me to work simultaneously as clients manage their appointments online. This is a game changer for me! People book their appointments online from anywhere and at any time. I do not have the hassle to phone chase my busy clients.

Pros

Genbook allows me to run my entire company online that gives my clients an easy & efficient way to manage their appointments 24/7. It sends our a confirmation & reminders which significantly reduces missed appointments. Clients receive a followup email which they may leave a public review for others to see, creating an online presence which is key these days as more and more people utilize online tools to conduct their business. As an admin, I have full control of many settings to customize the kind of business that works best for my practice.

Cons

There are so many product offerings within Genbook, that for my business type, I will not use. Adding more options could mean higher costs which concerns me. So far, the pricing of Genbook remains unchanged.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

The pricing model and features were key that best matched my business needs.

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi David, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Kelli from Sunshine Studio

My life changed after adding Genbook to my business

Genbook has not only increased my patient volume, but it has given me so much freedom. I used to just sit in my studio during office hours...just in case I had a walk in. Now, I can block out a section of time and go run an errand. If I don't have a patient scheduled first thing in the morning, I can take my time. I recently decided to take ukulele lessons, but it conflicted with my schedule. No problem, I just blocked out some time and I got to take those lessons.

Pros

Genbook is like have a full time employee that works 24/7 and never makes a mistake. It allows my patients to make (and change) appointments any time of the night and day. No phone messages, no waiting, no wondering if they can get in to see me. No feelings of guilt for changing their appointment 3 times. My patient appointments went up immediately when I started using Genbook. My patients tell me that they love this system.

Cons

Patients complain that they cannot see their account. They would like to be able to log in, see past appointments, see future appointments and be able to change appointments (as opposed to canceling an appointment, then setting up a new one). They often miss that last button to confirm their appointment. My old message about setting up their account seems to be defunct. I need to call customer support and update that.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

I've been with Genbook for a while. I was not aware of other products at the time I began. Because I am satisfied, I have never considered another product since.

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Kelli, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Angela from Angela Fernandes Counseling LLC

Fire your receptionist

Genbook allows clients to book appointments online through my website with the press of a button. When I’m in session I can’t answer my phone or respond to emails, but clients can schedule with me even when I am unavailable to book appointments for them. They can even book when I am asleep or away from work! I don’t have a secretary or an admin for my office and don’t need to hire one.

Pros

Easy to use interface and there’s an app so I can manage appointment a from my phone. I can also charge credit cards from my phone using Stripe that come integrated with the software. Customer service has always been been helpful.

Cons

Over the last few years the software price jumped from $20/month to $40/month. That was a steep increase. I’m willing to pay it because it’s probably the best appointment scheduling software out there. There are certainly clunkier products that aren’t as steamlined. While I like that my clients can see what appointments I have available, it also creeps me out that anyone can go online and look at my schedule. I work in mental health and this can get weird. That’s the downside to providing an online scheduling system – no privacy.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

Better interface and easier to use. Good looking product. Seamlessly integrates with my website.

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Angela, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Theresa from Theresa Zordan Rolfing and SourcePoint Therapy

Industry: Alternative Medicine

Genbook makes it so easy to for clients to schedule with me!

Genbook allows me to run my own business much more smoothly than I'd be able to without it. Because of Genbook, at least 80% of my clients handle their own scheduling, at their own convenience. This frees up so much of my time. Instead of playing phone or email tag, trying to figure out a good time that works for each and every session for each and every client, I can just live my life while my schedule fills up on its own.

Pros

I love the ease of setup and the flexibility I have with my schedule. It's easy to change my hours and availability. It's easy to mark when I'll be out of town. When I brought another person into my business, it was straightforward and intuitive how to do her scheduling as well. In the nine years I've been using Genbook, they've just continued to add more features and to make the software more intuitive and easy to use. Also, my clients love it. I consistently have clients telling me how easy it is to schedule through Genbook as compared to a lot of other options. Lastly, I'm so glad I have the option to request a credit card when scheduling. My no shows are almost down to zero. My frustration and wasted time are drastically reduced! Oh! And the reviews! I LOVE that Genbook automatically requests reviews from my clients after their sessions. It's been so, so helpful from a marketing perspective.

Cons

Every once in a while, it's glitchy and I can't log in, or a client has a conflicting time show up on their calendar. But it's rare, and lately the communication from Genbook regarding any issues has been stellar. Oh, and I wish there was a way to connect the Genbook reviews to Yelp! or Google Reviews, or any other, more public review site. I love that the reviews are collected, I just wish more people, especially potential clients who have never scheduled with me before, could see them.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

Price, ease of use, features I liked and needed

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Theresa, This review made our day! We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Teri from Face To Face Esthetics

Love Genbook

I love that my clients can access my schedule 24/7/365. Online booking really frees up my time and is convenient and easy for my clients to use (especially compared to other online booking systems). I love that my clients are prompted to leave reviews - this feature has helped to bring in new clients to my business. Overall very happy with Genbook and will continue using it for years to come.

Pros

Very easy to set up and use. Convenient for customers to use and manage appointments. Great features. Affordable. Fantastic customer service. I've been using Genbook since it first launched and they keep adding valued features. Very reliable! I highly recommend Genbook!

Cons

No cons really at all. There have been a couple of times the system has gone down, but the company is on it immediately and communicates well with their customers. This can happen to any cloud based service, but over the past 10 years I've used Genbook, I can only remember it happening a couple of times.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

Affordability and ease of use.

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Teri, This review made our day! We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Brooke from Brooke's House of Hair

Simple, easy and the best business decision I've made.

My business has grown since using this software and my life is less stressed because of it.

Pros

This software makes my business life so much easier. I spend very little time returning phone calls, my customers get reminders so I get less no-show appointments and the reviews constantly help attract new clients. I don't bother with advertising any longer as I am fully booked weeks in advance.

Cons

There are a few gaps in the software such as, I get notifications when a client books an appointment, but nothing when they cancel appointments. Seems like a simple tweak to the program, but yet it still doesn't happen. Also I would like to be able to put people on the WAIT-LIST myself. This doesn't appear to be an option. Also the wait-list window needs to be broader to cover a longer period of time rather than just a day. There have been some great improvements over the years, but some still need some help. Also I would love to see more of a web page introductory home page with a place for photos and general info about me and my business.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

Genbook was simpler and easier to use both for me and the client.

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Brooke, This review made our day! We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Good news - you can add a client to your waitlist now. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests! Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Ellen from Skin and Tonic

Easy to use!

I've been using genbook for about 10 years or more. Support is on top of their game. I feel like my voice is heard when I make suggestions. Overall, it's the best on the market in my experience!

Pros

I have tried other software that made it way too complicated for the client and the business. AND my clients prefer using genbook. Clients get notified before appointments and I love the new waitlist option. Keep doing what you are doing. I will never leave Genbook.

Cons

the things that i used to like least like not having multiple bookings has been added. so it really functions the way i like.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

I used booker and the bells and whistles did not work well together. Other people advised against schedulicity. And shedul did not have everything that Genbook had to offer at the time I looked. They didn't offer credit card capture at the time.

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Ellen, This review made our day! We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Kelly from Are Working Hands Massage

Happy user for almost nine years

Genbook has been easy for myself and my clients to use from day one. I’m constantly getting feedback from clients about how easy it was and how they liked being able to book whenever they wanted. Any little problems I’ve had over the years have always been taken care of very quickly through the support staff, so I never have to worry that something will go wrong and not get fixed. And I get all that ease of use and fast helpful support at a very affordable price.

Pros

What I like most is a hard one to narrow down. There is so much I like, mostly revolving around ease of use for both myself and my clients. But overall I’d have to say what I like most is that Genbook is always working to make their software better, in ways both big and small.

Cons

The only complaint I had for many years was the lack of a waitlist feature, but Genbook now has that, so honestly there isn’t anything else I dislike.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

It’s been nine years since I started with Genbook, so while I can’t remember any of the other online booking systems I researched, I do remember that Genbook was the easiest and most simple to use of all the test appointments I booked while trying to decide what system to go with.

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Kelly, This review made our day! We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Sienna from Sienna & Co.

Easy & Reliable

Excellent!

Pros

This software makes it easier for me to run my business smoothly! Clients can book an appointment at any time, 24/7! It has helped reduce "no shows" from new clients by requiring a credit card to book an appointment!

Cons

1. I would LOVE it if there was an "add-on" option /drop down menu when we are booking clients in our studio. 2. I would love it if we could send out emails through genbook!

Ease of use!

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Sienna, This review made our day! We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests! Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Mark from MovuEsthetics

Customer Service Is Everything

I’ve gotten very angry at times, really putting the service representative though a tongue lashing. Not because I’m mean or wanting to be a jerk, but because my business is counting on them. The great thing is Genbook understands this. They are never snarky or passive-aggressive -they just work honestly and diligently to get the issue resolved. For this reason I will continue to be a loyal subscriber of Genbook.

Pros

Genbook’s customer service is triple A+, which is everything to me. Every booking service will have glitch problems from time to time, the question is how responsive are they to it when it invariably happens. I love Genbook because their representatives truly do care about us, their clients. New features are good and all, of course, but I want stability of the platform and for the most part Genbook delivers and is highly reliable.

Cons

The same thing I like least about any online software; when it glitches out then I’m screwed. Fortunately these are rare occasions with Genbook.

Because it’s better.

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Mark, This review made our day! We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Sherry from Just For You Massage

Excellent software

Genbook is easy to use. The interface is contemporary and eye appealing. I appreciate the continued updates, features and ability to connect through my business website with ease.

Pros

Overall ease of use for me and customers.

Cons

When using the app, if I have existing clients that I've never booked through the app, their name doesn't come up so I can easily book them by just using the app. I had to go through the main website.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

Features, cost, ease of use, look of interface

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Sherry, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Joyce from Joyce Otts Hair Salon

Works 24/7

Pros

It lets my clients make appointments at their convenience and they can take as much time to make the best time slot for them. Even when I am closed or on vacation my Genbook is still working for me to keep my business running seamlessly. I also benefit from if my clients need to reschedule an appointment at anytime without feeling that they are bothering me. The reminders are a great help with not having any more no-shows. They really like the reminders as much as I like not having to call or text them I used to pay someone to answer my phone and schedule my clients, now Genbook more than pays for itself saving me money. I love it keeps track of everything from customers numbers, previous appointments, how much I have in each category of services. Can’t live without it!!

Cons

Nothing that I dislike about this software. I’m more surprised how they keep thinking of better things to do to make our on-line service better. Didn’t know I needed it, until they put it on the site.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

Looked at other options of different companies but I felt Genbook was the perfect fit for me. I’m not ever going to out grow it... but it’s growing my business

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Joyce, This review made our day! We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Seven from STAR SPA

I LOVE GENBOOK

The verified customer testimonials hands down has built a great business for me. Customers love using Genbook too. Customer service is ALWAYS top notch. I love this company!

Pros

I've used Genbook since the company has started. They were awesome then and they are awesome now! Intuitively easy to use and set up so no long staff trainings needed. The customer verified testimonials has built my business single handedly. Genbook is visually pleasing and integrated into social media and constant contact. Customer support has ALWAYS been fast and off the charts fantastic. Pricing can't be beat. I will never switch my scheduling system and that's what I tell competitors when they call. They are always listening to feedback and upgrading. Everyone that uses Genbook loves it as much as I do. ROCK ON GENBOOK!

Cons

The only thing I don't like about it is that you can't sync with square to take payments. Such a shame! I would love to use that feature. I really hope that changes in the future.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

Ease of use and set up, pricing, customers ability to leave verified testimonials.

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Seven, This review made our day! We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Kim from Body & Mind Naturopathic Medicine

Just what I wanted

Overall my experience has been positive and I have been happy with it/

Pros

The auto review request feature has made it really easy to collect reviews and they show up in a google search for my company. It would be wonderful if somehow this feature could integrate posting a review to multiple locations besides just on genbook

Cons

For awhile it didn’t have multiple clinic locations but it finally does. Also, that it doesn’t really integrate well with my other platforms.

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Kim, We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Peggy from Essentials Plus Massage & Wellness

Genbook - the best support for me!

I was first introduced to Genbook in 2012 when I was working for another Spa owner. When I opened my own studio in 2018, I looked into 4-5 different software booking options, and none of them came close to the coverage AND the ease of setting up that Genbook offered! It was a no-brainer for me to continue with Genbook.

Pros

I love how easy it is to implement Genbook and that the learning curve is minimal. My clients love the ease in booking and I can't tell you how many of them have commented on the email/text reminders that come to them, they love that feature!

Cons

I REALLY wish the client export list would include client birthdays, first visit and last visit. It would make our client impact marketing so much easier!

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Peggy, This review made our day! We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Elizabeth from The Well, LLC

Excellent scheduling software for growing multi-practice wellness center

Pros

Ease of use and fairly intuitive, even for non-tech savvy massage therapists. Phone app is excellent for booking and schedule changes. Individual practitioner's can manage their own schedules. Clients frequently comment on how easy it is for them to book on line. You can specify whether a client has to pay before booking (great for no-shows who owe ) or you can block certain clients (great for creepers). Customer service is very responsive. The analytics feature is extremely useful for generating real-time business data. The client database is easy to import/export; great for marketing. You can customize any and all services, including buffers, color coding, etc. Great for a business that is expanding - we've gone from 3 practitioners to 12 in less than two years, and it has met our needs quite well. Pricing is very competitive.

Cons

Some glitches: when a client cancels a session, it's "ghost" still shows up in individual therapist's Google calendar. Can't manage room use booking, only therapist booking. When you delete a therapist (i.e. they no longer work at the center) their calendar and bookings are not preserved so you have to leave therapist on list for at least 3 months after they leave to manage that information. The "lightning bolt" instant-booking discount feature is great to generate bookings but I wish it could be limited to certain therapists instead of applied to the whole practice.

Karen from Beyond Words Wellness

A Great Entrepreneurial Tool

I am very pleased with this service, I am glad I chose Genbook to start with.

Pros

I appreciate Genbook for a few reasons, after the initial set up it is smooth sailing! Any issues that I did have they were very responsive. I appreciate the review process for my clients and also when clients book an appointment, they receive confirmation email with all details that they would need to know. It is so easy for me to manage, update and continue to use.

Cons

I would like an option for class registration in certain time slots, so multiple bookings for the same spot. The confirmation email also needs to be re-formatted, when it comes in the links to change or cancel appts are on top of each other. Not much I can say I do not like. :)

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

The reviews on line and the REVIEW process itself! A great tool to help grow my business. I am moving to a new website platform and still, I will not let go of Genbook. I just linked it to my site.

Response from Genbook

Replied August 2020

Hi Karen, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

David from Pittsburgh Upper Cervical Chiropractic, PLLC

Genbook removes barriers for scheduling chiropractic office visits

My wife and I are solo practitioners in our chiropractic office. It was difficult keeping up with missed phone calls while we were checking our patients. Most patients were calling to schedule an appointment. This made it possible for them to do so, literally 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! We have night-shift nurses who are unable to call in during regular office hours. This software removes that barrier.

Pros

Genbook has simplified the process of scheduling our patients. We use this to schedule new and returning patients. Our patients love using it and frequently comment on the ease of scheduling and rescheduling their appointments.

Cons

As of now, there is not a way to automatically follow up with a patient who either did not show up for their appointment or has not been in the office for a while.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

We researched a few other options, but can not recall which ones we ruled out. We primarily chose Genbook because we had a colleague using it and they highly recommended it. Also, it fit exactly what we were looking for at a reasonable price.

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi David, This review made our day! We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Lynn from Transformation Mind, Body & Soul Healing Centre

Genbook review

I been with genbook for years. Loyal customer. No complaints.

Pros

Easy for me to use, and my clients love it, simple easy for them to use and understand the software. Love the customer. Talk to Someone personally over the phone, any issues. Not tech savvy. Nice someone who. Is patience with questions.

Cons

Love to be able to provide service for workshop bookings and retreats. For when I teach classes.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

I been with genbook before there was square. I use alsquare for my payment process.

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Lynn, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Renee from Trachouse Salon

Great Tool for Small Businesses

This tool helps all of my stylist see and control their schedules. They can talk to clients and it makes the booking experience smooth. I love the control it gives to us to successfully manage our business.

Pros

I love that I can alter schedules and availability with ease. I love the automatic emails and correspondence with consumers.

Cons

I wish we had an option to add photos to services.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

It’s was clean and easy to use for clients. The simplicity was attractive for the booking process.

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Renee, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

hal from J and H Painting Inc

good but could improve

genbook has been fantastic.the only major issue is when the service goes down i have no way to see my appointments, so IF you know it is going down for updates or whatever. auto email me the weeks calendar we are in so i dont loose business

Pros

it has most all of the fields i need for my type of business

Cons

the inability to have more then one contact phone number MANY of my customers want to give more then one number and it is relegated to the notes section and cant be clicked on mobile. ALSO an additional field for whatever we want to enter would be great !!! if you make it generic text or numbers or whatever we want. then it could be great for all types of users ALSO it would be nice to set up an auto reminder by text to what ever number WE choose. for example if i am handling the appointments today i want the text for example 30 minutes prior to the appointment. let me pick who gets it and how far in advance i get it. and if i want it at all

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Hal, We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

cori from clearly aligend

Highly recommend!

Overall, a great experience.

Pros

Genbook has helped me as a solo practitioner run my business more efficiently. Online scheduling allows for patients to check availability, receive reminders and change their appointments easily. I also like the follow-up and reviews feature. For the price, customer service and ease of use, this is a great product.

Cons

Occasionally, my patients find it difficult to change their appointment.

Cost and ease.

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Cori, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Trishia from WINX Lash & Makeup Studio

Industry: Cosmetics

User since beta testing!

Being with GENBOOK from the very beginning before online booking software was a big thing and decently affordable, I have seen so many benefits. The amount of no shows has significantly decreased, double bookings are rare and the time to confirm appointments has been given back to me! I am unable to work and answer the phone so having a place for customers to make their own appointments on their own time is a lifesaver.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use GENBOOK — for both my customers and my staff. The app makes it easy to keep up with the calendar on the go.

Cons

There are glitches and some features I wish it had that would help things run smoother but overall it’s been a game changer for me. I haven’t had a great experience with the processor that takes deposits — why do they not refund automatically when a client cancels?!? Having to do this manually is so frustrating and time consuming!

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

Didn’t need everything they had — too complicated to implement — didn’t want to loose my reviews — price

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Trishia, This review made our day! We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests! Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Amanda from True Massage

If you book appointments- don’t do business without Genbook!

Pros

The ease of use and access for my clients to book appointments anytime from anywhere. Also, I appreciate the automatic appointment reminders as well as review requests. Genbook saves me time and money and benefits my clients as much as it benefits my business.

Cons

Sometimes it can be confusing/ complicated when a client may book with a variation on their name (or using a nickname v. full name) and I’m not able to merge them into one customer file.

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Amanda, This review made our day! We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Kara from Bodhi Holistic Inc.

Genbook long time user

Excellent experience.

Pros

I love the ease of use and set up of Genbook. I've been using it for about 6 years now and it has improved significantly over that time in terms of features. They really listen to their community and work to bring the features that we are asking for. I love the new wait list feature as I am often booked weeks out and it gives my clients a way to be on a wait list other than me trying to remember who's on the cancellation list! I also love the reminders (as do my clients) as a result I rarely get no-shows or people forgetting their appointment times. The app is also great when I'm on the go!

Cons

My only complaint is that with multiple users it would be nice to customize everything (such as lead time) to each practitioner as my studio has a few kinds of practitioners that all have different needs.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

Price point, service, features.

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Kara, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Danielle from Danielle Dufault, MA, PLLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

Easy, quality, consistent product updates

Genbook saves a significant amount of time as customers can control their own schedules 24-7.

Pros

Genbook software is intuitive and versatile, making it easy to use. Customer service is top notch and new features are updated regularly.

Cons

Sometimes there are glitches on the customer side. For instance, the appointments on the administrator side don't always match the customer side, which creates confusion. This is rare, however.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

I didn't compare Genbook with any other products, initially. Since being a user for many years, I have compared it to Square Scheduling since I've used Square payments for the last few years. But due to the time it would take to switch everything over, I remain with Genbook. If fees were significantly less to switch to Genbook for payments, or if I were offered a decent credit or discount incentive to switch, I would consider it. But costs are pretty comparable at this point.

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Danielle, We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Marlene from Urban Mystic Consulting

easy to use

My experience has been positive. Add the option to book classes and workshops and you will have a customer for life.

Pros

What I like best about Genbook is it's ease of use and the fact that it's so reliable. I can't recall a time in the 10+ years I have been using it where I have had issues. The reviews collection and display is invaluable to me because my online reviews are responsible for most of my first time clients.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the lack of diversity it offers in types of bookings. I have to use another software to book workshops and classes and since I offer a variety of services it would be handy if I could schedule certain types of appointments that would be only available on specific dates. It's expensive. If it weren't for the reviews I would have already left for a cheaper option.

The reviews feature.

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Marlene, Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

LJ from Prometheus Plus

It’s a good product

I like it... nothing is perfect and it has paid for itself.

Pros

The convenience of the clients scheduling themselves.

Cons

It can be glitchy... you think it was saved and it was not I would like to show a picture of the building and office door in my info...

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

At the time- square was unreliable

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi LJ, We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community. We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. I wanted to address the picture upload and let you know that I have shared this with our support team who will respond to you. Your business means a lot to us, so if you ever have additional feedback, please don't hesitate to reach out via support@genbook.com. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Diego from Diego barber services

Genbook has been great

Overall no complaints, even when there’s an issue genbook seems to fix it fairly quick.

Pros

As a barber it’s been nice and easy for adding all my services, also very easy for clients to figure out.

Cons

I don’t have much cons, clients wish it would save their card. Maybe create an account for them so they don’t have to put a card in every time.

Reasons for Choosing Genbook

Other coworkers were using it so decided to jump on the train.

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Diego, This review made our day! We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team

Robin from Spencer Studio

Industry: Photography

Love it!

I think their strongest point is their customer support. Always quick to answer your emails, very friendly and happy and helpful.

Pros

I find it simple to use and my customers have commented how easy it is to book me online. It is well thought out and offers a lot of practical features.

Cons

Overall I am very happy and always recommend it to other businesses. If I had to pick one thing as a con it would be that the colors they use to assign to different types of bookings are too pastel and close to each other to make it more obvious what type of appointment I have booked. I mean for example there are 4 shades of blue so I have to look really hard to figure out what type of appointment is coming up on my calendar.

Response from Genbook

Replied December 2019

Hi Robin, This review made our day! We are thrilled that you are happy with our service; the team here at Genbook will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. Thank you for also sharing some of the ways we can improve, we continue to invest in our product experience and have added this to our current feature and update requests. Thank you again for your kind words! Warmly, Cass on behalf of the Genbook team