All Gingr Reviews

Katherine

Reviewed May 2018

It has given us the extra time needed to run the office more efficiently

Extra time to spend with clients and boarding pets, staff love the reports, owner loves the wealth of detail the reports give us for all aspects of the business from occupancy count to grooming details. Clients love the fact they no longer have to wait for the office to open and can make reservations 24/7 as well as confirm and make payments on line anytime.

PROS

It gives us more time to spend with the pets in our care and to provide more details to clients. Clients love the fact that they don't have to wait for office hours to request boarding or grooming, especially on the weekend when we have short office hours. Also they love the deposit program since they no longer receive letters or mail payments!!

CONS

It is difficult to learn software over the internet but since I had an assistant who was able to help it worked out fine but I wouldn't want to do it alone. However the support team was awesome and had patience and wisdom in handling new owners

Aileen

Veterinary, 11-50 employees

Reviewed April 2023

Couldn’t run our business without it

We’ve had Gingr for approx 5 years now and could not do our daily business without it. Customer service on chat has always been pretty good and the onboarding and setup was very thorough.

PROS

Being able to check in from anywhere is invaluable to me. The software is incredibly deep with a lot of settings and options etc.

CONS

Gingr is really glitchy. There’s constantly small things here and there that are issues or aren’t working correctly or whatever which is frustrating, especially considering what we pay per month.

Reason for choosing Gingr

We didn’t choose PetExec because at the time (approx 5 years ago), PetExec wasn’t able to charge guests by their weight which is how our rates work.

Reasons for switching to Gingr

KennelSuite was antiquated and we needed something better.

Meredith

Hospitality, 11-50 employees

Reviewed October 2019

Don’t do it

I’m beyond disappointed and frustrated.

PROS

User friendly, when we switched to this software the creators that also work in our industry were the owners. They were wonderful, then it got sold-twice.

CONS

The current owners are a credit card processing company and all they care about is cashing in on their fees. They have no empathy for business owners in our industry and they are failing fast. The software neglected to deduct credits off of packages for 2 days last month costing their clients thousands, anytime someone would post about this in their Facebook group it was deleted. How shady can you get?

Reasons for switching to Gingr

Lack of customer support, not user friendly and software seemed dated.

Hi Meredith. Thank you for the review. We are sorry Gingr wasn't the right fit for you personally. 1st, to address a few facts: (1) Gingr was sold (once) to Togetherwork (TW), an independent holding company of niche software companies like Gingr. TW is not a credit card processing company. Our primary founder and developer stayed, as have most of us. While TW is mostly hands off, they do provide new resources for us to grow & provide more value to our customers. For example, this year we hired (3) developers, (3) onboarding specialists and (3) support staff. This is a very positive move for the long term future of Gingr and our customers - it's good to know you can rely on a stable company for years to come. Yes, we had a bug related to the deduction of package credits. This bug was fixed within 48 hours, and we helped all customers that needed it to mitigate the impact. Our private FB group is open to positive & constructive contributions for fellow Gingr users.

Replied December 2019

Laurel

Retail, 51-200 employees

Scaleable and Intuitive

The free support team is great. We use them a LOT. We have been happy with out switch and hope that Gingr will continue to develop functionality in order to continuously support it's users as quickly as we are able to grow.

PROS

We switched to Gingr about a year ago from 123Pet. We had been using 123Pet since our company opened 10 years ago. Over 10 years we have expanded to 8 locations, and had begged 123Pet to keep up with our expanding company's needs. They could not. The switch to Gingr was daunting, but their customer service and support was excellent and we tackled it as a team. Gingr combines a central database, easy switching of locations in order to maximize bookings and lots of flexibility to customize how the software works to our business. They still have room to grow and functionality to develop but they are much closer to being able to support the size of our company than our previous software.

CONS

The services management component is excellent. The retail products management portion is still clunky, slow, and archaic. There are part of Gingr where you can update things for each location in one screen, but other functions (coupons, retail, pricing, etc) that you have to manage each location separately which is clunky.

Lauren

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed January 2019

Keep It Up Gingr!

This has made our facility run so much more smooth - from everything involving staff management (clock-in, clock-out, timesheets, schedules), to running reports on everything. We also use the retail feature quite often. We know our clients are quite fond of being able to "log in" at any time to request reservations and/or appointments, and being able to purchase retail and package options. We have already used three other software organizations, so we are still fairly new to Gingr and are still getting used to some of the features. However, we are sticking with this one!

PROS

I LOVE how easy it is to use. All of my employees learned really quickly - and there are so many features. Our clients really like the report cards, and the kennel/run cards are nice for busy facilities.

CONS

I dislike that it does not integrate with QuickBooks, as of right now. Also, under the report cards function - it would be wonderful if the dogs would link to each other in the "friends/playmates" section, so you don't have to enter it a million times. This would make this feature run so much quicker.

Danielle

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Everything you need for your business!!

PROS

I have been using Gingr since it first began! My past two employers used it in their business so when it came time for me to choose a software for my new grooming business, there wasn’t even a question! I loved how easy it Is to use and train staff on. It makes communicating with clients so simple. All of the reports are useful. And I love that you can customize it to what fits your business!

CONS

There really isn’t anything I don’t like. There are so many improvements and enhancements in a regular basis, I think you all do a great job of listening to your customers and giving us what we need.

Christine

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Reviewed August 2023

Gingr is a nice Project Appointment and Confirmation Tool.

Best Mobile Access and the notification functions are helpful and the Sync capability and reports creation via Gingr is fantadtic and excellent files management product.

PROS

The Email reminder capability and the ability for booking and management of Calendar, the Gingr is the required tool which can be implemented easily withiout much technical assistant all atis features are powerful.

CONS

Nice tool for most Construction projects scheduling and through the time have been using Gingr there was zero dislike to state.

Norm

Veterinary, 2-10 employees

Reviewed April 2019

gingr great for our dog resort

working with Gingr has been great and when we occasionally run into an issue in how to handle something, their chat and support is helpful as well as efficient.

PROS

As an owner of a mid size dog boarding and daycare, we depend and rely on Gingr to run our business. As a Software sales veteran of 30 plus years, Gingr has proven to be functional, flexible and reliable software solution.

CONS

From my vantage point, there are no negatives

Trish

Hospitality, 2-10 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Great software and customer service

So so very happy. I'm a hands on learner and mostly prefer to find things out on my own, but when I do have a question, you guys are right there to help. The software is pretty intuitive and I find it easy to use and figure out. I just love a recommend this to everyone.

PROS

Spot on and speedy customer service. After coming from K9 Bytes, this was a HUGE deal for me.

CONS

I honestly can't think of anything for this. I've had extensive hands on with K9 Bytes, 123Pet, PetExec, and Paw Loyalty in other facilities and this wins, hands down.

Keith

Retail, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2018

Simply the Best

Simply amazing. We tried out many software programs and selected Gingr because of the support and constant updates!

PROS

I can't say enough great things about Gingr. The support is hands down amazing and is very responsive to feedback. The software is very easy to customize and has many great features. All dog daycares run differently, and the folks at Gingr have addressed that. It is almost like having custom software at a fraction of the cost.

CONS

There are always things I would do differently, but they are all minor and there are easy work arounds!

Consumer Services, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2019

Promises no delivery

Very very poor. The onboarding appointment never happened. First voicemail left after 3 cancellation notices and credit card charged again on Christmas Day. Have used many cloud based veterinary software programs- they were a cinch compared to Gingr. Although Gingr is reviewed highly, I don’t agree and my experience has been awful.

PROS

I liked the concept of what I was presented.

CONS

Actual functionality. If you have a mobile dog training business and a brick & mortar location, it will not be friendly to use on mobile devices. Cannot see full screens. On boarding never happened and the cost for startup & $149 a month keeps charging even when you haven’t gone live. Was promised not to charge until live, as soon as credit card entered, no help. Must Self navigate through the entire tiered and complicated services setup. Cannot due this from an iphone or iPad, get your laptop or desktop back out. Hours of data input and we decided as a team, not friendly and cut losses. $600 mistake!!

Reason for choosing Gingr

Alleged functionality and customer support and use ability on mobile devices- proved false. Screen is not geared toward mobile use.

Reasons for switching to Gingr

More functionality and now we are sticking with PocketSuite-

Lena

Veterinary, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2022

Great Appointment Scheduling Software

Overall the software is easy to use, customer friendly, and not that expensive. Out of other comparable software we feel that this one has more functionality and more customization options.

PROS

I like that there are so many features and that they are easily accessible for both our customers and our stuff. I like that we are able to customize our customers experience and communicate with them easily.

CONS

It is very hard to implement and set up new software, it is also hard to export data if needed.

Reason for choosing Gingr

There was more functionality, customization, and we had a extended free trial.

Reasons for switching to Gingr

We were looking for more functionality.

Not worth the price.

All the work and stress I put into it was not worth the product that we have now. The set up has been labor intensive and has not made things any easier than the software we were working with before. It has taken us over six months to get it up and running and have been told that there are things that our old (free) software did easily that GingR just can't do. When I reach out for support I frequently get conflicting information from different staff members. I honestly would have gone with Pet Exec if I had known.

PROS

Making boarding reservations is simple, the software keeps up with tracking vaccines, easy to add photos, returns are easy, the reports section is extensive, viewing lodgings is easy and helps for planning busy times.

CONS

Scheduling services can be difficult, software requires a lot of information from clients, special pricing/discounts for same family pets is very difficult, no phone assistance during set up or after, you can't adjust reservations once they're ended. Setting up took months as I am not a software designer and had no idea what I was doing. The whole time I really felt like I was on my own in setting everything up. Once we were set up there is no actual staff training - they just expect you to watch a video for everything. For the software to run the way its designed you need all teams in your business to be using computers/tablets all the time - not really ideal for people working with animals.

Thank you so much for your candid feedback. We are sorry to hear that the implementation process was difficult for you. We are always looking for ways to improve this process so we appreciate you sharing your thoughts here. Would it help if we were able to hop on a phone call to go through some of your concerns? With that, hopefully we can get some of these final items ironed out so that you're able to continue being successful using our product.

Replied April 2019

Debra

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Reviewed February 2019

Great Product.

I have been doing my scheduling and invoicing the same way for 15 years. To say the least it was cumbersome and hard to teach. I used Kennel Connection ONLY for scheduling and then I used QuickBooks for invoicing. It was a lot of work and if you weren't careful you could easily make mistakes and have missed revenue. I was constantly double and triple checking EVERYTHING everyday and sometimes several times a day! I went back and forth on changing to Gingr. First, I would say I was going to do it and then I would change my mind. Why break what is already working?? One day I just finally thought, it's time. I contacted Gingr and signed up. My onboarding person was Rep. I had about a week of watching videos about Gingr before our first call and I could tell this process was going to be daunting. In a previous life, I built databases and one database I built was for inventory control for chemical plant that moved millions of pounds of product daily. So, Gingr should be a breeze...LOL. Gingr is a breeze if you put the work in!! If you are not committed to HOURS upon HOURS of work then I think you would not get the same satisfaction that I got from working within this product. Once I began to understand Gingr, I was addicted to getting everything perfect. Rep was wonderful and very helpful. I was so happy he was my onboarding specialist and will miss our weekly phone chats. We have been live for 1 week and it's the best decision I have made in years!

PROS

I would have to say just about everything. My staff and I are absolutely thrilled with the Gingr software.

CONS

I thought during the set up of Gingr that when I reviewed this product; I would say that the set up process would be my biggest con. Now that the set up process is done, it was actually the best learning experience that I have had in a long time. I am actually going to miss the hours upon hours of time that I put in and don't know what I am going to do with my time anymore...;-).

Madison

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

Reviewed October 2022

Love Gingr!

We love Gingr! It allows us to run two facilities simultaneously with ease.

PROS

The best part about Gingr, hands down, is the chat support feature. It is incredibly convenient to be able to get expert support at the click of a button! We also really appreciate the ability to monitor daily capacity. We're a large facility, so this feature is extremely important to us.

CONS

The only area of improvement I notice is the reporting. I would love to be able to easily pull reporting for memberships started within a date range, memberships cancelled within a date range, and overall more membership reporting.

Cheryl

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 11-50 employees

Reviewed June 2020

Everything you need for boarding, daycare, grooming and training

From my first outreach to them, through set up and initial use to daily use - GINGR has met or exceeded our expectations.

PROS

GINGR is packed with great features. I love the “Report Card” feature that allows us to keep our pet parents informed and entertained with daily photos and pictures of their pets playing and having fun. I also love the array of marketing tools. GINGR’s operating tools - dashboard, calendars, service schedules - are easy to use and reliable. Customer self service has been a great efficiency and communication tool. Set up was remarkably easy. Customer support (primarily through chat and email) is client friendly and knowledgeable. They constantly add great new features like the employee training tool! It’s great.

CONS

I love that GINGR is constantly upgrading its offerings. The reporting tool is a little basic and ad hoc reports aren’t very intuitive. That said, they add new features regularly. I also wish it had an interface with Quickbooks.

Ed