• icon"I love how all the services are integrated together for ease of use."
  • icon"It save me time and hassle at the end of my pups appointment. So convenient and make me feel at ease I can see my pup when ever I want while she is there."
  • icon"I like the new release which makes the application invoice based. Good search capabilities."
  • icon"Horrible enough that we are looking into switching this winter."
  • icon"They have no empathy for business owners in our industry and they are failing fast."
  • icon"It is very confusing to learn. There are multiple ways to get to what your trying to do."

All Gingr Reviews

Katherine

It has given us the extra time needed to run the office more efficiently

Extra time to spend with clients and boarding pets, staff love the reports, owner loves the wealth of detail the reports give us for all aspects of the business from occupancy count to grooming details. Clients love the fact they no longer have to wait for the office to open and can make reservations 24/7 as well as confirm and make payments on line anytime.

Pros

It gives us more time to spend with the pets in our care and to provide more details to clients. Clients love the fact that they don't have to wait for office hours to request boarding or grooming, especially on the weekend when we have short office hours. Also they love the deposit program since they no longer receive letters or mail payments!!

Cons

It is difficult to learn software over the internet but since I had an assistant who was able to help it worked out fine but I wouldn't want to do it alone. However the support team was awesome and had patience and wisdom in handling new owners

Jasmin

Industry: Veterinary

April 2022

Booking with ease

Overall Gingr has been a great asset to our company, and was such an ease to transition into when we switched from our old Booking system. So many features, and so easy to use.

Pros

I like most that it's easy to use, serves for so many purposes in our Company such as booking Grooming Appointments, walk in services, daycare stays, daycare Evaluations, classes, and now we can use it in our multiple locations as well

Cons

The only cons lately have been inconsistent customer service with longer wait times, and the Phone Number search feature not working lately has made some booking over the phone take longer. Phone number search is usually our go to Customer look up. It leaves us with less room for error and less time on the phone with the customer for easier booking

Reasons for choosing Gingr

The multiple booking uses for Pet Companies, live chat, and price point.

Reasons for switching to Gingr

When we were going to open up a Daycare facility we wanted something we could use across the board for Grooming Services, as well as Daycare, and Training Classes.

Madison

This reviewer was invited by the software vendor to submit an honest review.

October 2022

Love Gingr!

We love Gingr! It allows us to run two facilities simultaneously with ease.

Pros

The best part about Gingr, hands down, is the chat support feature. It is incredibly convenient to be able to get expert support at the click of a button! We also really appreciate the ability to monitor daily capacity. We're a large facility, so this feature is extremely important to us.

Cons

The only area of improvement I notice is the reporting. I would love to be able to easily pull reporting for memberships started within a date range, memberships cancelled within a date range, and overall more membership reporting.

Meredith

Don’t do it

I’m beyond disappointed and frustrated.

Pros

User friendly, when we switched to this software the creators that also work in our industry were the owners. They were wonderful, then it got sold-twice.

Cons

The current owners are a credit card processing company and all they care about is cashing in on their fees. They have no empathy for business owners in our industry and they are failing fast. The software neglected to deduct credits off of packages for 2 days last month costing their clients thousands, anytime someone would post about this in their Facebook group it was deleted. How shady can you get?

Reasons for switching to Gingr

Lack of customer support, not user friendly and software seemed dated.

Response from Gingr

Hi Meredith. Thank you for the review. We are sorry Gingr wasn't the right fit for you personally. 1st, to address a few facts: (1) Gingr was sold (once) to Togetherwork (TW), an independent holding company of niche software companies like Gingr. TW is not a credit card processing company. Our primary founder and developer stayed, as have most of us. While TW is mostly hands off, they do provide new resources for us to grow & provide more value to our customers. For example, this year we hired (3) developers, (3) onboarding specialists and (3) support staff. This is a very positive move for the long term future of Gingr and our customers - it's good to know you can rely on a stable company for years to come. Yes, we had a bug related to the deduction of package credits. This bug was fixed within 48 hours, and we helped all customers that needed it to mitigate the impact. Our private FB group is open to positive & constructive contributions for fellow Gingr users.

Replied December 2019

Leanna

September 2022

Long Time User - I Highly Reccomend!!

I love Gingr and am currently on a mission to convince my new employer to switch. If you have a dog care facility use them.

Pros

All inclusive, multi-functional, customize-able, and intuitive. You can become an expert by simply clicking around. The included staff training is very useful and effective. Customization is a 4/5, you can do almost anything you want within the confines of their general set up. The system is reliable and updates in the background with little to no impact on user experience.

Cons

The client portal isn't the most aesthetically pleasing and can be confusing at times. The customer support hours are stringent, and they lack a phone support option; but after you go live you need to contact support so infrequently it makes little impact. In my 5+ years working with their software I have needed to contact support maybe half a dozen times. My one big issue is the implementation team. At a previous employer, that was in the process of opening a daycare, I knew more about their software than half the team helping. BUT if you have any technological literacy it shouldn't be that major of an issue, just annoying.

Reasons for choosing Gingr

Most user friendly, more detailed reports and finance tracking, better payment integration, better aesthetics for client portal,

Lena

Industry: Veterinary

September 2022

Great Appointment Scheduling Software

Overall the software is easy to use, customer friendly, and not that expensive. Out of other comparable software we feel that this one has more functionality and more customization options.

Pros

I like that there are so many features and that they are easily accessible for both our customers and our stuff. I like that we are able to customize our customers experience and communicate with them easily.

Cons

It is very hard to implement and set up new software, it is also hard to export data if needed.

Reasons for choosing Gingr

There was more functionality, customization, and we had a extended free trial.

Reasons for switching to Gingr

We were looking for more functionality.

Lauren

Keep It Up Gingr!

This has made our facility run so much more smooth - from everything involving staff management (clock-in, clock-out, timesheets, schedules), to running reports on everything. We also use the retail feature quite often. We know our clients are quite fond of being able to "log in" at any time to request reservations and/or appointments, and being able to purchase retail and package options. We have already used three other software organizations, so we are still fairly new to Gingr and are still getting used to some of the features. However, we are sticking with this one!

Pros

I LOVE how easy it is to use. All of my employees learned really quickly - and there are so many features. Our clients really like the report cards, and the kennel/run cards are nice for busy facilities.

Cons

I dislike that it does not integrate with QuickBooks, as of right now. Also, under the report cards function - it would be wonderful if the dogs would link to each other in the "friends/playmates" section, so you don't have to enter it a million times. This would make this feature run so much quicker.

Danielle

Everything you need for your business!!

Pros

I have been using Gingr since it first began! My past two employers used it in their business so when it came time for me to choose a software for my new grooming business, there wasn’t even a question! I loved how easy it Is to use and train staff on. It makes communicating with clients so simple. All of the reports are useful. And I love that you can customize it to what fits your business!

Cons

There really isn’t anything I don’t like. There are so many improvements and enhancements in a regular basis, I think you all do a great job of listening to your customers and giving us what we need.

Julia

October 2022

Gingr - Pro-Cons

Pros

Initially Gingr revolutionized our operation from how easy it was to learn and use. There support was superb and quick, the dashboard gave you a great overall of the day.

Cons

The financial reports within gingr never tallied with the income received and didn't take online payments nor did it have a subscription model and wasn't GDPR compliment. These issues, made us leave Gingr in 2019/20

Trish

Great software and customer service

So so very happy. I'm a hands on learner and mostly prefer to find things out on my own, but when I do have a question, you guys are right there to help. The software is pretty intuitive and I find it easy to use and figure out. I just love a recommend this to everyone.

Pros

Spot on and speedy customer service. After coming from K9 Bytes, this was a HUGE deal for me.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything for this. I've had extensive hands on with K9 Bytes, 123Pet, PetExec, and Paw Loyalty in other facilities and this wins, hands down.

An EXCELLENT Decision - Gingr Continue to Impress Me!

I love how I can keep a good eye on everything that's happening within our facility from wherever I am. With the tools in Gingr we've restructured our daycare rates and packages and have seen an overall increase of 25% in daycare revenues. It's a tighter system than the one we had before, and revenues don't fall through the cracks as with the old system. It's so easy to customize in so many ways. The manner in which they strive to add additional features and make existing ones even more usable continues to impress me. Built in communication tools are everywhere so that all the information is readily available for whoever needs access to it. It's state of the art and they strive to keep it so.

Pros

This is so much more than just a reservation and POS system. It's a very comprehensive program that facilitates excellent communication, organization, and streamlines processes. If they haven't thought of it yet, they likely will, as they continue to add features as fast as they can think of and integrate them within the program. I was skeptical at first about tech support being entirely online, and that's proven to work very well. They excel at customer service and have been very responsive to the handful of requests I've made for features. The integrated tip feature has increased employee tips tenfold to the point they're a significant contribution to our employee's paychecks.

Cons

The financials took a little getting used to, and their integration with QBO is taking awhile. I understand that though and appreciate their position of wanting to be certain they do it well. I've had experiences with other programs that integrate poorly and leave messes to clean up. It's worth waiting if it's done well. I don't like how their credit card processing rates are set up. They will match existing rates, and if we go out and look for better rates they will match the best we can find. As anyone who's ever gone shopping for credit cards knows, that is such a hassle, and I find it very disingenuous that we have to pretend to shop around in order to be offered better rates. If I'm going to go through that trouble, I will simply switch processors or divert some of my processing in another direction.

steve

Industry: Facilities Services

Gingr from day one

Overall, it has been a positive experience and I can say that as an early adopter of the software before it was improved to where it is now. Yes, there was growing pains, but the support team helped us through every issue until we rarely need to ask for help. There is also a vibrant community on FB. What I would like that I haven't seen is a way to see how other businesses are using Gingr. Some way to snapshot other peoples' processes to see if we could improve ours.

Pros

- the people behind the product are very responsive, especially the support team. Chat support has answered every question we have ever posed and on many occasions have gone above and beyond by following up with additional information and support after the initial contact - the software has a good amount of flexibility and customization to tailor it to the business rather than change business procedures to adapt to the software - frequent updates and improvements to the software - good knowledge base with lots of video reference. In fact, on many occasions the great support team has made custom videos to show me how to do something

Cons

- would like a bit more flexibility in customizing reports - client portal needs a bit more work, but there is a webinar next week, so that might be improved - would also like some customization control for run cards - not sure if this is a pro or con, but there are many features that we do not use in Gingr and still have enough to run a busy business. I expect other businesses use some features we don't but not all the ones we do. Bottom line is that with that much to offer there are a lot of features you can use to adapt Gingr to your specific business needs

Barry

Searching for clients, tip report

Fantastic system is great to work with easy to search, everything's in front of you I love how you can put employee notes I love how we can put incident reports I love how we can upload pictures I think your is system is awesome overall I give it a big fat 10 hands down the best if I could give you better than a 10 I would please work on the tips.

Pros

Ginger is fantastic for searching for clients it's a great system we have now been using it for 2 years we deal with a 150 dogs on a daily basis it always run smoothly it's easy for the customers with check outs to have their cards on file was fantastic they're not fumbling for their card anymore or running outside to get their credit card there's so many good features about Ginger I'm really not sure which ones to touch bases on, I thank you guys for an awesome system. Keep up the great work Thank You for everything.

Cons

The one feature I don't like about gingr is the tips we cannot separate tips to each individual I think Ginger should have a drop down Box That has a link with groomers names, and each of the dog trainers so that at the end of the 2 week payroll we don't have to go over all the tips and figure out who gets what? If you go to one of your competitors it's called kennel suite they have that feature that works really well that is the only thing that I'm not happy with on your system other than that it is fantastic. Again thank you very much for everything and have a Happy New Year.

Not worth the price.

All the work and stress I put into it was not worth the product that we have now. The set up has been labor intensive and has not made things any easier than the software we were working with before. It has taken us over six months to get it up and running and have been told that there are things that our old (free) software did easily that GingR just can't do. When I reach out for support I frequently get conflicting information from different staff members. I honestly would have gone with Pet Exec if I had known.

Pros

Making boarding reservations is simple, the software keeps up with tracking vaccines, easy to add photos, returns are easy, the reports section is extensive, viewing lodgings is easy and helps for planning busy times.

Cons

Scheduling services can be difficult, software requires a lot of information from clients, special pricing/discounts for same family pets is very difficult, no phone assistance during set up or after, you can't adjust reservations once they're ended. Setting up took months as I am not a software designer and had no idea what I was doing. The whole time I really felt like I was on my own in setting everything up. Once we were set up there is no actual staff training - they just expect you to watch a video for everything. For the software to run the way its designed you need all teams in your business to be using computers/tablets all the time - not really ideal for people working with animals.

Response from Gingr

Thank you so much for your candid feedback. We are sorry to hear that the implementation process was difficult for you. We are always looking for ways to improve this process so we appreciate you sharing your thoughts here. Would it help if we were able to hop on a phone call to go through some of your concerns? With that, hopefully we can get some of these final items ironed out so that you're able to continue being successful using our product.

Replied April 2019