• Pros

• "Ease of use, EXCELLENT client services and response."

• "We like that it is easy to add pictures of clients, it is easy to personalize, and it is web based!! "

• "It makes my job as a full time massage therapist/dog daycare owner so much easier. Gingr is priceless. I can step away to do my job and know the front desk is running smooth. "

• Cons

• "Set up blew my mind...but it should have since all the features have to be set up and there are a lot of features! Support was fantastic, though."

• "The software lacks some reporting features. While it does offer a decent selection of report options, our business requires more than it offers. "

• "The only thing I wish was that sometimes when I’m really stuck, I could call and speak with someone. The chat is nice, but I don’t always know exactly what or how to voice my issue. "

Browse Gingr Reviews

Laurel from The Pawsh Dog Inc

Scaleable and Intuitive

The free support team is great. We use them a LOT. We have been happy with out switch and hope that Gingr will continue to develop functionality in order to continuously support it's users as quickly as we are able to grow.

Pros

We switched to Gingr about a year ago from 123Pet. We had been using 123Pet since our company opened 10 years ago. Over 10 years we have expanded to 8 locations, and had begged 123Pet to keep up with our expanding company's needs. They could not. The switch to Gingr was daunting, but their customer service and support was excellent and we tackled it as a team. Gingr combines a central database, easy switching of locations in order to maximize bookings and lots of flexibility to customize how the software works to our business. They still have room to grow and functionality to develop but they are much closer to being able to support the size of our company than our previous software.

Cons

The services management component is excellent. The retail products management portion is still clunky, slow, and archaic. There are part of Gingr where you can update things for each location in one screen, but other functions (coupons, retail, pricing, etc) that you have to manage each location separately which is clunky.

Dustin from Mugu's Pet Resort

Great software for the pet industry

Great people, and great software

Pros

Designed with bootstrap so easy browsing on Mobile, tablets, and Desktops

Cons

Some of the layout is too cluttered, and some features are lacking

Reasons for Choosing Gingr

Cloud services, being online ensures the safety of our customers

Response from Gingr

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your review Dustin! While we 'bootstrapped' early stage, we now have a full team of developers and product leads. Gingr is mobile-friendly, for easy use on different screen sizes. Thank you for your 'thumbs up', and let us know what features you would like us to add!

Cheryl from The Oaks Dog Ranch

Everything you need for boarding, daycare, grooming and training

From my first outreach to them, through set up and initial use to daily use - GINGR has met or exceeded our expectations.

Pros

GINGR is packed with great features. I love the “Report Card” feature that allows us to keep our pet parents informed and entertained with daily photos and pictures of their pets playing and having fun. I also love the array of marketing tools. GINGR’s operating tools - dashboard, calendars, service schedules - are easy to use and reliable. Customer self service has been a great efficiency and communication tool. Set up was remarkably easy. Customer support (primarily through chat and email) is client friendly and knowledgeable. They constantly add great new features like the employee training tool! It’s great.

Cons

I love that GINGR is constantly upgrading its offerings. The reporting tool is a little basic and ad hoc reports aren’t very intuitive. That said, they add new features regularly. I also wish it had an interface with Quickbooks.

Meredith from Pets & Company

Don’t do it

I’m beyond disappointed and frustrated.

Pros

User friendly, when we switched to this software the creators that also work in our industry were the owners. They were wonderful, then it got sold-twice.

Cons

The current owners are a credit card processing company and all they care about is cashing in on their fees. They have no empathy for business owners in our industry and they are failing fast. The software neglected to deduct credits off of packages for 2 days last month costing their clients thousands, anytime someone would post about this in their Facebook group it was deleted. How shady can you get?

Response from Gingr

Replied December 2019

Hi Meredith. Thank you for the review. We are sorry Gingr wasn't the right fit for you personally. 1st, to address a few facts: (1) Gingr was sold (once) to Togetherwork (TW), an independent holding company of niche software companies like Gingr. TW is not a credit card processing company. Our primary founder and developer stayed, as have most of us. While TW is mostly hands off, they do provide new resources for us to grow & provide more value to our customers. For example, this year we hired (3) developers, (3) onboarding specialists and (3) support staff. This is a very positive move for the long term future of Gingr and our customers - it's good to know you can rely on a stable company for years to come. Yes, we had a bug related to the deduction of package credits. This bug was fixed within 48 hours, and we helped all customers that needed it to mitigate the impact. Our private FB group is open to positive & constructive contributions for fellow Gingr users.

Amanda from Pet Paradise University

Gingr review

Booking numerous reservations. Inputting a bunch of pet profiles.

Pros

Good software. User friendly. Simple to figure out, easy to input information. Documents are easily scanned.

Cons

This software doesn’t integrate with veterinary software. Gingr can be very glitchy. Everytime there is a new update gingr shuts down.

Response from Gingr

Replied March 2020

Hi Amanda, thank you for your review. We are pleased to have earned your high marks, especially with regards to Ease of Use, Features and Customer Support. True we don't integrate with veterinary software at this time - unfortunately these other companies do not want to integrate ;( - we keep asking them to! If you have any issues with 'glitchy', please reach out to our Support Team so they can help you - it sounds like you may need a little 'tune up' on your settings. Also, please note, Gingr does NOT 'go down' with a new update. These are seamless, and our uptime is 99.99% - the best in pet software!

Katherine from Sagemoor Kennels LLC

It has given us the extra time needed to run the office more efficiently

Extra time to spend with clients and boarding pets, staff love the reports, owner loves the wealth of detail the reports give us for all aspects of the business from occupancy count to grooming details. Clients love the fact they no longer have to wait for the office to open and can make reservations 24/7 as well as confirm and make payments on line anytime.

Pros

It gives us more time to spend with the pets in our care and to provide more details to clients. Clients love the fact that they don't have to wait for office hours to request boarding or grooming, especially on the weekend when we have short office hours. Also they love the deposit program since they no longer receive letters or mail payments!!

Cons

It is difficult to learn software over the internet but since I had an assistant who was able to help it worked out fine but I wouldn't want to do it alone. However the support team was awesome and had patience and wisdom in handling new owners

Jasmin from Tailwashers

Loved it until the last update

Overall I like the versatility of it for our Daycare, and Grooming Services.

Pros

I liked How simple and easy to use it was before the latest update. The prepayment option. Checkout process was simple.

Cons

Since the update there's a lot of Credit Card issues, issues with packages, can't do prepayments only deposits, constant glitches with showing a Notification Icon when there isn't any.

Lauren from Wagglebottoms

Keep It Up Gingr!

This has made our facility run so much more smooth - from everything involving staff management (clock-in, clock-out, timesheets, schedules), to running reports on everything. We also use the retail feature quite often. We know our clients are quite fond of being able to "log in" at any time to request reservations and/or appointments, and being able to purchase retail and package options. We have already used three other software organizations, so we are still fairly new to Gingr and are still getting used to some of the features. However, we are sticking with this one!

Pros

I LOVE how easy it is to use. All of my employees learned really quickly - and there are so many features. Our clients really like the report cards, and the kennel/run cards are nice for busy facilities.

Cons

I dislike that it does not integrate with QuickBooks, as of right now. Also, under the report cards function - it would be wonderful if the dogs would link to each other in the "friends/playmates" section, so you don't have to enter it a million times. This would make this feature run so much quicker.

Great value for the quality of product

Overall an amazing program, makes things so much easier to keep track of and feel good about the services you're providing.

Pros

So many good thing to say about this program. so easy to keep track of grooming and daycare reservations, payments, inventory, etc .

Cons

Some of the financial aspects were a little rough to navigate and sometimes had some glitches. Only place we're having trouble

Response from Gingr

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your gracious review. We are pleased you are finding it easier to track your reservations, payments and inventory. Our support team can help you resolve any of the financial reporting and/or automation questions or issues you may have. Be sure to reach out to them so they can help! Congratulations on selecting Gingr, and we are excited to support your continuing success!

Shawnee from Pet me scratch me

A lot to learn!

I like it so far. I have tried everything from 123pet to mogeo and in between. It’s good for a large business with two locations, so that if a client goes to the other location and then comes to ours, I can see what the dog had done last time.

Pros

It is very good for the daycare aspect of the pet business! Being able to have the customers fill out everything on their side is easy so they can do it from home.

Cons

It is very confusing to learn. There are multiple ways to get to what your trying to do. I would say it could be a little more user friendly. I wish you could see what they paid last time easier. It’s very confusing with the payment side of things.

An EXCELLENT Decision - Gingr Continue to Impress Me!

I love how I can keep a good eye on everything that's happening within our facility from wherever I am. With the tools in Gingr we've restructured our daycare rates and packages and have seen an overall increase of 25% in daycare revenues. It's a tighter system than the one we had before, and revenues don't fall through the cracks as with the old system. It's so easy to customize in so many ways. The manner in which they strive to add additional features and make existing ones even more usable continues to impress me. Built in communication tools are everywhere so that all the information is readily available for whoever needs access to it. It's state of the art and they strive to keep it so.

Pros

This is so much more than just a reservation and POS system. It's a very comprehensive program that facilitates excellent communication, organization, and streamlines processes. If they haven't thought of it yet, they likely will, as they continue to add features as fast as they can think of and integrate them within the program. I was skeptical at first about tech support being entirely online, and that's proven to work very well. They excel at customer service and have been very responsive to the handful of requests I've made for features. The integrated tip feature has increased employee tips tenfold to the point they're a significant contribution to our employee's paychecks.

Cons

The financials took a little getting used to, and their integration with QBO is taking awhile. I understand that though and appreciate their position of wanting to be certain they do it well. I've had experiences with other programs that integrate poorly and leave messes to clean up. It's worth waiting if it's done well. I don't like how their credit card processing rates are set up. They will match existing rates, and if we go out and look for better rates they will match the best we can find. As anyone who's ever gone shopping for credit cards knows, that is such a hassle, and I find it very disingenuous that we have to pretend to shop around in order to be offered better rates. If I'm going to go through that trouble, I will simply switch processors or divert some of my processing in another direction.

steve from Bowen Island Dog Ranch

Industry: Facilities Services

Gingr from day one

Overall, it has been a positive experience and I can say that as an early adopter of the software before it was improved to where it is now. Yes, there was growing pains, but the support team helped us through every issue until we rarely need to ask for help. There is also a vibrant community on FB. What I would like that I haven't seen is a way to see how other businesses are using Gingr. Some way to snapshot other peoples' processes to see if we could improve ours.

Pros

- the people behind the product are very responsive, especially the support team. Chat support has answered every question we have ever posed and on many occasions have gone above and beyond by following up with additional information and support after the initial contact - the software has a good amount of flexibility and customization to tailor it to the business rather than change business procedures to adapt to the software - frequent updates and improvements to the software - good knowledge base with lots of video reference. In fact, on many occasions the great support team has made custom videos to show me how to do something

Cons

- would like a bit more flexibility in customizing reports - client portal needs a bit more work, but there is a webinar next week, so that might be improved - would also like some customization control for run cards - not sure if this is a pro or con, but there are many features that we do not use in Gingr and still have enough to run a busy business. I expect other businesses use some features we don't but not all the ones we do. Bottom line is that with that much to offer there are a lot of features you can use to adapt Gingr to your specific business needs

Barry from On Command LLC

Searching for clients, tip report

Fantastic system is great to work with easy to search, everything's in front of you I love how you can put employee notes I love how we can put incident reports I love how we can upload pictures I think your is system is awesome overall I give it a big fat 10 hands down the best if I could give you better than a 10 I would please work on the tips.

Pros

Ginger is fantastic for searching for clients it's a great system we have now been using it for 2 years we deal with a 150 dogs on a daily basis it always run smoothly it's easy for the customers with check outs to have their cards on file was fantastic they're not fumbling for their card anymore or running outside to get their credit card there's so many good features about Ginger I'm really not sure which ones to touch bases on, I thank you guys for an awesome system. Keep up the great work Thank You for everything.

Cons

The one feature I don't like about gingr is the tips we cannot separate tips to each individual I think Ginger should have a drop down Box That has a link with groomers names, and each of the dog trainers so that at the end of the 2 week payroll we don't have to go over all the tips and figure out who gets what? If you go to one of your competitors it's called kennel suite they have that feature that works really well that is the only thing that I'm not happy with on your system other than that it is fantastic. Again thank you very much for everything and have a Happy New Year.

Not worth the price.

All the work and stress I put into it was not worth the product that we have now. The set up has been labor intensive and has not made things any easier than the software we were working with before. It has taken us over six months to get it up and running and have been told that there are things that our old (free) software did easily that GingR just can't do. When I reach out for support I frequently get conflicting information from different staff members. I honestly would have gone with Pet Exec if I had known.

Pros

Making boarding reservations is simple, the software keeps up with tracking vaccines, easy to add photos, returns are easy, the reports section is extensive, viewing lodgings is easy and helps for planning busy times.

Cons

Scheduling services can be difficult, software requires a lot of information from clients, special pricing/discounts for same family pets is very difficult, no phone assistance during set up or after, you can't adjust reservations once they're ended. Setting up took months as I am not a software designer and had no idea what I was doing. The whole time I really felt like I was on my own in setting everything up. Once we were set up there is no actual staff training - they just expect you to watch a video for everything. For the software to run the way its designed you need all teams in your business to be using computers/tablets all the time - not really ideal for people working with animals.

Response from Gingr

Replied April 2019

Thank you so much for your candid feedback. We are sorry to hear that the implementation process was difficult for you. We are always looking for ways to improve this process so we appreciate you sharing your thoughts here. Would it help if we were able to hop on a phone call to go through some of your concerns? With that, hopefully we can get some of these final items ironed out so that you're able to continue being successful using our product.

Sue from See Spot Run on 21

We can not say enough good things about Gingr! Best. Decision. Ever.!!!

Saved time and money immediately! Their customer service is outstanding! We absolutely LOVE Gingr!

Pros

Our favorite part of Gingr is the ease of use along with outstanding customer service! We switched software after 8 years in business and a customer base of over 6000. It was an extremely scary thought since we were using the same software since day one. The prep did not happen in a day by any means but I will say Gingr has it laid out extremely well in a step by step "to-do list" that made it fool proof. Follow all the steps, watch and read the help articles and it will pay off when it comes time to transfer your information over. We were using not only a software that had ZERO customer support but also had limited reports and functions. Our customers LOVE that they can interact with the system, set up reservations and view their account on their own time. Every process in our day to day activities were streamlined saving us time and money immediately. Training our employees was simple and it was fun seeing how excited they were to dig deeper and explore new ways to do tasks. Our incoming phone calls have now been reduced, which was our hope, since the customers can do more on their own such as buying packages and making reservations. Lets talk ink and paper...the savings on this alone makes Gingr more then worth it. Also, the credit card system is outstanding along with the emailed report cards and receipts. I researched different software systems for 2 years and I definitely made the right choice with Gingr! If you are considering switching, look no further!

Cons

I know there is usually a down side when switching software. I waited to write this review for 4 days so that I could come up with something that would be helpful to let a new potential client know if considering Gingr. We have now been using Gingr for 2 months and I can not think of one thing that I like least about this software.

Richard from Seattle Canine Club

Wonderful Custom Software For Our Insdustry

Originally we were a pen-and-paper business, and we were doing well. With Gingr we are able to do even better. I was surprised at how much more information we have about our clients, our business and so forth. The entire business is much more precise- we can set more accurate goals, predict more accurately our future revenue, and take reservations much further in advance. With online registration and a unified, simple way of receiving information we have been able to be more agile as well- capturing business from out-of-town clients that other daycares in the area have to pass up because they have no system of getting owners to sign agreements while they live in other states, etc. Gingr won't make or break your business, but it does make running a doggy daycare much easier, and gives you a wide suite of tools to use in order to make that happen.

Pros

Being a browser-based tool makes using Gingr easy from any device. Because we don't need to install software, our computers are now Chromebooks which are much cheaper than a full laptop. I can check on the business from my phone, when I'm at home, on vacation or even just in an inconvenient area of the building. I also really like that you can easily send out a marketing email to targeted customers within the software- no need to fuss with Mailchimp when I can just shoot an email to whichever customer group I want to target (been to see us within 6 months, hasn't been in to see us in 6 months, new clients, older clients, etc).

Cons

There can be display issues at times that are mildly annoying- menus sometimes get in the way of the other parts of the site (a not-uncommon occurrence in newer web design I've found). Not enough to cause issues though.

Tracy from Canine Country Club Inc

Industry: Veterinary

Best Fit for our Business and so easy for staff to learn

It's been a great experience! Definitely worth the switch. I continue t look at other software options, just to stay on top of whats out there, and nothing ever comes as closed to meeting our needs the way Gingr does. Support is very quick to respond and is always a pleasure to deal with. I tend to bother them with questions on a regular bases but they are always there to answer them!

Pros

Our favorite aspect is the Multi-location set up. We have 2 locations located only 7 miles apart so we are constantly switching back and forth and handling reservations and both. The Shared database makes this so easy for our staff and clients - they can go back and forth between locations and only ever have to worry about updating their information one time.

Cons

There is very little flexibility with the invoicing set up, if an error is made, it usually needs fixed in a way that clutters the transaction list and can make it look more confusing. The software we used Prior to Gingr allowed us to make changes to a completed invoice, and those changes would then update the clients balance. For example, if we charged for an extra Peanut Butter Kong, we could go back and change the quantity, and then the clients file would reflect a credit for that amount. With Gingr, once an invoice is complete there is no making changes or adjustments. I'd prefer to be able to correct mistakes right within the invoice so it is easy to reference later.

Lindsay from Heartland Play & Stay

Industry: Veterinary

Amazing software and customer support!!

We are a boarding, daycare and veterinary facility. Up until now, we ran our boarding and daycare off of the animal hospital's software- which was not intended for large scale boarding or daycare. But we made it work for a few years... After traveling to a boarding and daycare conference, we were introduced to GIngr. They showed us what a true "boarding and daycare software" is really like. We were quickly sold and signed on with the Gingr family while at the show. It is one of the best business decisions we have made by far! Just like any new software, it takes time to get the software set up to follow your current operating procedures and pricing and to get all of the staff trained, but that process was surprisingly very smooth! Gingr support made the set up and training process very simple. Their training videos and help tutorials are perfect and easy to follow. They also have chat support available at all times and some phone support available as well. We have only been "live" with the software for about 3 weeks, but we have already noticed how much more time our staff has! What took a ridiculous amount of time or excessive mouse-clicks on our last software is now either obsolete or can be done in a click or two with Gingr. We are also using their credit card processing as well, which we love! They have a wide range of reports to run for any purpose imaginable. In a nutshell, we are in love with Gingr all around and we are mad we did not look into new software sooner! (Or veterinary side is even jealous now about how much cooler and better our software is than theirs! )

Pros

- It is customizable - Ease of daycare and boarding check-ins - Support and help is easily accessible - The fact that it is a cloud based software and I can access it at home and help staff if they are having problems - There is now a time-clock feature! - Email and SMS communication with clients - Easy training for staff - Tablet friendly - Clients can request and reserve reservations from home

Cons

- I look forward to the future possibility of owners being able to edit their pet's reservations and services from home

Andy from All Fur Dogs

Exactly the software we were looking for.

The software helps eliminate the hassle of managing all facets of the business, and keeps them all under one easy to use umbrella. It frees up staff time from having to field countless phone calls and answer emails. Extraordinary software that gives us confidence we aren't forgetting to feed or medicate dogs. I really can't say enough good things about this software. So glad we picked it to help us run our business.

Pros

The customization options this software allows are phenomenal. From schedules to pricing to additional services, there is a lot packed under the hood here. We love that you can use it on a desktop, tablet, or phone. The ability to do off-site private training and check in and check out, use customers credit cards on file, is perfect for our needs. Managing the day to day operations of daycare and Boarding are a snap once you learn how to navigate the software. it can be a little intimidation at first, but the more you tinker with it the more you understand how it's laid out and how it can work for you. By far the best experience so far is with the on-boarding specialist. They really take the time to walk you through the set-up phase and make sure you have the software exactly how you want it. It's good to have those calls, take advantage of them. Go in with a game plan of what you want to accomplish and they will help make it happen. From the start to finally using the software it's been a great experience. It certainly helps free up my staff to actually work with dogs and not spend all the time on the phone or answering emails. Highly recommend it.

Cons

A little bit of a learning curve and it can be slightly intimidating to start, but the more you use it and get comfortable with it, it becomes second nature. Very intuitive once you get the flow of things.

Gisselle from Insurance services

Industry: Veterinary

Good software but read the cons

Pros

Easy set up Easy to navigate at times Results are easy to pull Since it’s web based it making it easier to use on any device Checking out can sometimes be easy Better than most doggie kennel softwares. Much better !!

Cons

Some updates are not needed and make things more difficult to do. When asking support why end of day is different on different days, they weren’t able to explain why. Features that were promised are now being told aren’t taking place Promises for new products coming out are not met When website is down not easy to find a number for contact

Response from Gingr

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your review Gisselle! We are pleased that you enjoy Gingr's speedy check out features! Yes, you may not need all of the new features we release, but these are always 'opt in'. Many customers do have special needs, which drives us to develop new features for them. Our uptime is 99.99% over the past 12 months - better than any pet-care software on the market. We have auto backups for your software, so be sure to know how to login to your back up in case of any (infrequent) downtime. Do let us know what features you are wanting that we have not released yet. There are many priorities among our broad customer base, but we do listen to what is your priority!

Sandra from Dee-tails Doggie Daycare

Gingr saved us!

Our computer crashed and we lost almost everything! The program we were using to run our daycare, boarding, and grooming facility, was downloaded on to our computer as opposed to Gingr which is web based. We did have the other program set up to back itself up into the cloud however unfortunately the company did not set it up correctly and they basically told us there is nothing we can do to help you. So in the midst of all that panic, we were advised to take a look at Gingr. And it has been a saving grace. There has been amazing customer service and assistance throughout the entire process from researching to going "live." Our point of contact, Michelle, is wonderful and check's in with me about once every two weeks just to make sure that everything is going smoothly and to see if we need anything. Honestly this sort of customer service and attention to detail, was totally different than from our previous program. And we so appreciate it!!! Gingr is very user friendly, it has a great interface! If you ever do have any questions, there is a support site that is the most detailed, I have ever seen or worked with. The program was very easy to setup and so easy to train on! Our staff loves it and everything it is able to do. It is set up to do so much of the office side work for you once the information is loaded. Our clients have also responded very positively to the new system. They love the customer side and all the pictures and report cards. I encourage them to give me feedback so that I can pass along any issues to other clients and honestly there have been none! For anyone looking to change their facility software or thinking about opening up a daycare, boarding or grooming facility, do yourself a favor and seriously consider Gingr!! After our system crashed and we were scrambling, the ease and simplicity of this software was so refreshing! The customer service alone is reason enough to invest in this system.

Pros

Ease of use, system interface, support site, it is set up to do so much for you.

Cons

Nothing they are constantly approving it and adding new features.

June 2015

Gil from K9 Loft

June 2015

Pleasure To Use, Full of Features and Future Proof

I am co-owner of K9 Loft, a multi-location daycare, boarding, grooming and pet supply business in Los Angeles. I also handle the IT for K9 Loft. When it comes to POS software for this industry, I've tried it all and this is my takeaway: If you want to be stuck in the 90's and take your chances with a legacy product, there are dozens of options. But if you want a sleek, full-featured offering with new features and well thought out execution coupled with terrific support, then you will want to try Gingr. It is hands down the best I've seen. It resides in the cloud and therefore handles multiple locations with ease and provides us with assurance that our data is safe as opposed to spinning on a solitary hard drive at each location. I've had hard drives fail in the past. Even with backups, it is not a fun experience to restore and get back up and running. Gingr takes that potential risk away for good! Have you been to the Apple store? Do you want to offer your customers that type of experience? Gingr will allow you to do just that - have your staff check customers in and out with a tablet or iPod touch and get them away from behind the registers and engaging with your customers. Or, if you want, use a desktop/laptop. Both options work beautifully. Other great features include integrated credit card processing, PCI compliant credit card storage and tokenization, emailed receipts, customer signatures on a tablet or iPod touch, no more paper receipts (unless you want that!). If you're a business owner, you know how important these things are and how they can make your day to day operations so much smoother. For the busy grooming shop that is constantly on the phone calling customers to let them know their pet is ready for pick up, Gingr offers text/email notifications to customers with a simple click. No more missed phone calls or full customer voicemails. Gingr also does the basics extremely well: grooming commission reports and many more, daycare package tracking, holiday rates, boarding black out dates, reorder reports for inventory, incident reports, feeding/medication logs, vaccination logs, specialized rates for customers, deposit tracking, and so much more. I realize this is a long review, but I write this because I know what it's like to struggle with the current software offerings and am so happy I found Gingr. Maybe you will read this, try out Gingr, and it will be the beginning of a new start to your business.

Debra from Jackson's Place Unleashed Pet Resort

Great Product.

I have been doing my scheduling and invoicing the same way for 15 years. To say the least it was cumbersome and hard to teach. I used Kennel Connection ONLY for scheduling and then I used QuickBooks for invoicing. It was a lot of work and if you weren't careful you could easily make mistakes and have missed revenue. I was constantly double and triple checking EVERYTHING everyday and sometimes several times a day! I went back and forth on changing to Gingr. First, I would say I was going to do it and then I would change my mind. Why break what is already working?? One day I just finally thought, it's time. I contacted Gingr and signed up. My onboarding person was Rep. I had about a week of watching videos about Gingr before our first call and I could tell this process was going to be daunting. In a previous life, I built databases and one database I built was for inventory control for chemical plant that moved millions of pounds of product daily. So, Gingr should be a breeze...LOL. Gingr is a breeze if you put the work in!! If you are not committed to HOURS upon HOURS of work then I think you would not get the same satisfaction that I got from working within this product. Once I began to understand Gingr, I was addicted to getting everything perfect. Rep was wonderful and very helpful. I was so happy he was my onboarding specialist and will miss our weekly phone chats. We have been live for 1 week and it's the best decision I have made in years!

Pros

I would have to say just about everything. My staff and I are absolutely thrilled with the Gingr software.

Cons

I thought during the set up of Gingr that when I reviewed this product; I would say that the set up process would be my biggest con. Now that the set up process is done, it was actually the best learning experience that I have had in a long time. I am actually going to miss the hours upon hours of time that I put in and don't know what I am going to do with my time anymore...;-).

Kelly from Dog's Day

Industry: Veterinary

Gingr has sent me into early retirement!

Prior to signing on with Gingr, I tried out and consulted with several software companies. For various reasons, none of the other programs were well suited for us. After speaking with sales from Gingr and having every question answered and every possible issue given a work around, I decided to sign on. It has been a HUGE deal for myself and my husband. It has basically put us into early retirement. The time we were spending on paperwork, Quickbooks Google Calendar, email, phone, and text was cut by at least 75%. The customer service/communication has been perfect...much better than any other company that I tested. We're going into our 3rd year with Gingr... It sounds silly, but I can honestly say that Gingr has changed my life for the better!

Pros

Easy sign up, Easy set up process with Gingr staff, Exemplary customer service, Excellent versatility (fits our unique services). I love that our cage-free, taxi and "one hour play trips with taxi" services still fit the software capabilities of Gingr.

Cons

It would be nice if some pages opened in new tabs, but that's such a minor thing that I'm sure they would fix if properly requested.

Myriah from Helen Woodward Animal Center - Club Pet Boarding

My overall experience with Gingr and their customer service team has been great!

Pros

1. The customer service team!! 2. Ease of use 3. Multiple ways to do one thing like checking in pets 4. Uploading files, CC information stored securely 5. Color coded vaccination expiration icons 6. Marketing capabilities 7. Automatic emails to clients

Cons

1. The very small character limit on the Belongings box 2. Only one type of food allowed per feeding time (would love it if I could include both wet and dry food for all feedings!) 3. When printing 'Previous Balance' and 'Package Purchased' invoices, the client's name does not appear 4. I would like more reporting capability options on some of the Reports, like the ability to see all new clients who have completed a reservation within a specific date range; see how many returning pets have completed a reservation during a specific date range without having to subtract the pets who are still in house or the ability to remove all reservations checking out after a certain date when using the Future Revenue Generator 5. I would like the ability to change reservation dates for all pets in the same family at the same time instead of having to change each of their reservations separately

Katie from Katie's Kennel, Inc.

The best of the best!

We are a small boarding boutique that offers boarding, daycare and minimal grooming. I went from keeping track of everything on a written calendar to Gingr. We try to offer our clients the best of everything and when it came to Gingr we knew it was an investment we would see a return on. Our clients love how simple, clean and accessible the software is. They are instantly impressed with our "mom and pop" business when we send them their registration email and link to Gingr. It has streamlined everything and we couldn't be happier. Past all the glitz and glamour, Gingr's support team has been nothing but amazing! We signed up with them when they were really starting to explode as a company. Well, my business was doing the same so it was very easy to take a step back, be patient and allow them to do what they do best, just like our clients did for us! We can't say enough great things about this program and what it has done for us. It just took us to the next level and that's what we wanted for our clients. Now I spend less time in the office and more time with the dogs, which is why we are all here isn't it? We love Gingr!

Pros

The accessibility. The simplicity. It just makes sense. There's nothing out there like it.

Cons

I wish they had a mobile swiper and an actual mobile ap for the customer side but besides that it's AMAZING.

Steve from Doggy Day Out Kennel and Daycare

Gingr Has Been A Game Changer

Gingr has been a great asset to our dog boarding facility. Internally we have become more efficient able to create reservations and check vaccinations records quickly. The integrated credit card processing makes for seamless transactions. Externally our customers are enjoying having their own portal and being able to request reservations, check the number of daycare blocks they have remaining, and seeing when vaccinations are due. Our customers also enjoy receiving report cards with the details of their dogs visit. We transitioned from another reservation software company and couldn't be happier. Our old program was resident on one computer only whereas now we can access the information from any computer, phone, or tablet. And if you're still doing things on pen and paper, you'll wonder why you didn't make this move sooner. There are a ton of reporting capabilities which honestly we're only scratching the surface of. Support is quick to respond and the software is always evolving based on feedback from actual users. We will certainly be using Gingr at our soon to be open second location and I highly endorse this program.

Pros

Modern interface, excellent support.

Cons

Importing customer records from old software to Gingr was time consuming.

Stan from The Pet Inn

Growing Company With Excellent Potential

I started using this software when it was just a baby. I manage a fairly large lodging facility and require special packages and several complicated discounts. Gingr has been the only software that can track and manage all of the complex things I need accomplished. They have grown so much over the last year and every feature that I have said would be useful if added has been added in. The support staff will always answer your questions and if they cannot they get the developers on it. I myself have dabbled in programming and software design so I know the challenges. Its not easy to modify something that's already been created so I admire their ability to add in so many new features without affecting the apps that are already created. Overall, if you are looking for a lodging software that does something specific that you need for your business that most facilities do not do, this is it.

Pros

its very conformable.

Cons

The fact that once you change a setting in a lodging type it doesn't change all of the reservations that have already been created. However in programming I know that is whats allowing all of the upgrades and changes to happen without messing up everyone's apps so I have learned to live with it!

Ed from The Dog Retreat and Spa

Excellent software to run a dog daycare and boarding facility

We have the software on every computer and iPad in our facility. Our staff logs-in whenever they use it (from wherever they are) to: check-in dogs, take notes during the day along with pictures which are automatically sent to the owner as report cards upon check-out, track feeding and medication, addition internal notes, etc. Because our staff logs in, any notes, reports, pictures that are input are stamped with who made the entry along with date and time. This is a powerful program but does get easier to use once you work with it a while. As I mentioned earlier, this is an extremely comprehensive package so there's a lot to learn and it does take some time. The customer support is excellent. I was originally concerned the the support was online, but that has proven to not be a problem. I get timely responses and everyone I've worked with is very knowledgeable. Now that we've been operational for a month, we don't need the support as often, but we know it's always there. The majority of our clients book online and purchase packages online.

Pros

Gingr runs our daily operation and is extremely comprehensive. It allow us to run all aspects of our company and services including daycare, boarding, grooming, training, transportation, retail and more. Customer service is excellent!

Cons

Not so much a Con, but a reality. There's a lot of work setting up the software so it has all of the services, packages, rates, retail, holidays, etc.. programmed. A specialist working with us knew the software in and out and was extremely helpful setting us up. Again, not so much a Con, but it does take a while to get up-to-speed because the software is so comprehensive.

Michael from Our Home Doggy Daycare & Boarding

I've used and tried over a dozen kennel programs and finally ended my search with Gingr. Good move!

Rest and peace of mind. No more long nights and late hours with manually written emails and receipts. No more spreadsheets and linked access databases for simple reports.

Pros

I like the customization the most. You can customize emails, kennels, rooms or areas, and so much more. I also like the online reservation/account feature for customers, and our customers like it too. I like the automatic emailing of confirmations, receipts, vaccination reminders, and the marketing tools. I especially like the service and support team. They'll do anything they can to help you out in a timely manner. I love that the software is developed in the USA. :)

Cons

I hate to express negativity, but I wish there were more reports and that they were customizable. I wish more pages and forms were printable such as the customer and pet forms for our computer challenged friends. I'd like to see more flexibility in the pricing rules ie., adding a transaction fee for card users and an accruing interest on debtors (like credit card companies use for minimum payments...). I'm not really fond of the feature request system, but then again I'm not sure exactly how it works. It seems to be based on a "likes" popularity system? The more likes your request gets, the more likely it may be considered for development.? Idk, it might be the best method. I do know that everybody runs their kennels differently and Gingr can't implement every request made to them. Be advised, I'm still a rookie on this software... :)

Connie from Pawsitive Paws Academy Inc

Gingr for our Boarding, Daycare, Grooming, Training Facility

It helps us with maintaining client information, organization, scheduling, etc.

Pros

Easy to use, covers all of our services, web based, clients can use as well, customizable

Cons

areas needing further developed are not being done so in lieu of adding new, higher end and/or "perk" type additions. Certain features have some limitations/flaws that should be improved and or redone as they are key elements to the purpose of the software.

Response from Gingr

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your review Connie! We love to hear that you find Gingr easy to use, and that your customers find it easy to use as well! We continue to develop and refine features based on the feedback of our customers, and new technologies that we know will be helpful. We respond to feature requests, so please let us know what is important to you, so that our product and dev' team can hear more about YOUR needs! Best, Team Gingr

Elora from Cobble Hill Bed & Biscuit

Gingr for Animals

We are satisfied overall with Gingr and only have a few things (mentioned above) that we would love to see changed to help things run more smoothly here.

Pros

The software is very user-friendly compared to similar programs. It is easy to train new employees how to use it, even if they have never worked with a comparable software.

Cons

It does not always assign dogs to the selected room type which causes issues later on when we are full and selling out of rooms. The list of animals on the dashboard refreshes every time you update one of them which gets frustrating when you are trying to update multiple animals for one owner. The dog detail page does not show all of the information for that dog (color, room type, etc.).

Karen from Bowen Island Dog Ranch

Excellent interal customer service. The interaction online has improved our bottom line.

Ease of use Website integration Registration and reservation Credit card intergration ;

Pros

It's better than any other kennel software out there. There is nothing that tops it as far as I can see.

Cons

It's design is odd at times and not as user-friendly for our clients as it could be. But then I'm a graphic designer so I have a different perspective than most I presume. At first we got some complaints but we just put notes on how to use the software better, and we walk through our client who do have difficulty. But ideally, I would like more flexibility in the layout for our business, There needs to be Quickbooks integration ASAP, but it sounds like its GIngr's top priority and we will wait for it.

Kieran from DogiZone

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Gingr Review

Clarity and ease at which a new hire can begin to understand Gingr is rough. Overall, I would give Gingr 3/5 stars which is being generous.

Pros

Gingr does help organize information and tracks some of the important aspects of sales.

Cons

The software cannot be audited or adapted to fit specific needs for the client. Ex. Templates for confirmation e-mails or SMS text aren't flexible enough to personalize individual needs. Cannot track smaller aspects of pet care easily and clearly without jumping through a million hoops! Work with us Gingr and adapt to the needs of your clients!

Response from Gingr

Replied December 2019

Thanks for your review Kieren. Please note that you CAN customize all email and SMS templates. Please let our support team know how to best help you with that. Definitely check out our custom ICONS, which really help track those 'smaller' aspects of pet care, also Gingr's easy to use feeding- and medication- reports, as well as the custom notes functions!

Laura from Cozy Canine Camp

Like the software very much hate the lack of customer service.

Pros

We like the basic functionality and speed of use especially vs. software that sits on the hard drive. The portal is nice and out clients enjoy it. The help articles for the basic set up and functionality are well done.

Cons

When there is a big issue outside of basic functionality the chat support is a waste of time. A typical chat takes about an hour just to get to the point that they kind f understand what your talking about. For example my company Voxy Canine Camp recently reorganized and we opened a new merchant id account. The back end sent me the wrong merchant id #. I Ofcourse did not know it was wrong and after an hour on chat the person had no idea what was the problem because they did not have access to all of the information. It's a week later and aim trying again and still having issues. After introducing myself and business name/ 30 min into chat the rep from Gingr asks me what company Im with, Real problem solving should not be done by chat so this part of Gingr is horrible. Horrible enough that we are looking into switching this winter.

Response from Gingr

Replied July 2018

Laura, We appreciate your candid feedback, and are sorry to hear that your most recent chat experiences have not been favorable. I called you directly last week to clear up the merchant account issue, which was a simple misunderstanding between how/why you were updating your merchant accounts. Once we got to the bottom of it, we resent the correct merchant number to be updated in your app. I also suggested that if you needed anything moving forward, to ask for me specifically and I would give you a call. In regard to this most recent issue, our staff was prompt in responding and in inquiring about the issue you were experiencing, and although it did take a bit to understand why you couldn't process payments (the merchant ID had been typed incorrectly - chat records show the correct ID was sent on 6/28) we were able to get this resolved and get you back up and running. Please let me know if you have any concerns moving forward. Michelle Ober Director of Operations

Jessica from DOgwoods Lodge

Industry: Animation

A huge step above the rest.

Huge increase in productivity since the switch. Far less worker frustration over last software.

Pros

Ease of use. Everything is easy to find/do. Plus it is a thousand times faster than our previous software. And, because it's in the cloud, even if our server were to go down or light on fire, all our info is still there. Yes, we have lost internet before, but we just proceeded to use our phones for that short time. No fuss.

Cons

They do not have intuitive pricing rules because their software isn't structured to how most kennels are layed out and how they charge/discount. That being said, they have provided us with "work arounds".

Danielle from Zen Dog Spa Corp

Everything you need for your business!!

Pros

I have been using Gingr since it first began! My past two employers used it in their business so when it came time for me to choose a software for my new grooming business, there wasn’t even a question! I loved how easy it Is to use and train staff on. It makes communicating with clients so simple. All of the reports are useful. And I love that you can customize it to what fits your business!

Cons

There really isn’t anything I don’t like. There are so many improvements and enhancements in a regular basis, I think you all do a great job of listening to your customers and giving us what we need.

July 2016

Roncy from Canyon Pet Lodge

July 2016

WOW! This software is LIGHT Years ahead of the others!

5 BARKS for this company! Our experience from Day 1 has been PAWeSOME. I was tentative because we have experienced BAD software experience in past 2 years from 2 different companies (and our clients were a bit tired of us for what seemed like constantly implementing changes). The system is easy to use and their client services are superior to any. The db migration was smooth and we have constant access to assistance daily. Our clients are becoming used to this FINAL change and do like the features that they have been asking for! The company is always listening and very helpful with every step of the way. We have only used this system for 2 months and we are still in awe of the polar differences in the previous 2 s/w attempts! What a team! If you have a lodge, daycare or grooming and don't want to have a server, want complete mobile, tablet and computer access from anywhere, open multiple screens with no loss of speed, etc...we could go on and on..but we will run out of allotted characters. We are so thrilled with this software for our business - we just want to shout it from the mountain tops!

Pros

Ease of use, EXCELLENT client services and response.

Cons

ZERO

Gingr

We have only been using the Gingr software for three months and becoming more comfortable as time goes on. So far, the length of time to check-in and checkout guests is quicker which is a plus especially during peak travel times. Overall, I believe we have made the correct choice.

Pros

The two most important qualities of the program we find are: 1) Navigating within the software is extremely easy. There are many ways you can accomplish the same task making it user friendly. Overall, our check-in and checkout process is faster for our clients. 2) In today's work environment, being a cloud based system is essential. Gingr is cloud based which made the transition from our old system to Gingr easy. The cloud based system also gives us piece of mind that our records are secure.

Cons

Access to Customer Service is by two methods, either by initiating a ticket which provides you feedback within 24 hours or immediate feedback via their chat line. The Customer Service team is very responsive with both of these methods; however, there are times it would nice to talk to an individual. They make it very difficult to speak to someone. This can be problematic when the issue / concern is complex and more easily communicated by talking to someone verses putting in writing.

Gingr is a huge asset to my business and customer support

It was a great experience to take the time to set up the details of how we use the software. Customer service is on point and always quick to respond. My staff and clients love all of the features and the ease of use.

Pros

This software has allowed us and our clients the ease of reservation requests online, report cards, going paperless, email reminders and confirmations... It was a total overhaul when we switched to Gingr. My staff and I LOVE the tips options at check out!

Cons

Report cards and reminders for multiple pets are sent as one email. Clients overlook an additional information after the first pet's. We were used to charging by the day but Gingr nightly rate was easy to convert to. My only other con is that I didn't switch to Ginger sooner.

Brian from Doggie Depot, Inc.

We transitioned a large business to Gingr this year, and their support team was superb.

it has saved us a lot of time and anguish over our old legacy database software.

Pros

We love the web based nature of it, and the features are what we need. We used a database style kennel management system for 10 years, and transferred over 2500 clients to Gingr. It took a lot of prework and planning, but the cutover when very well and we love the software. They are always releasing new features as well. You will not find better support than Gingr provides. It truly is amazing the support staff and their instant availability.

Cons

The invoicing is a bit too rigid perhaps. There could and should be more flexibility in the invoicing aspect in my opinion. Every business charges and handles invoicing differently, and we struggled a bit to adapt invoicing to our business process. We did eventually figure it out, but we did it using a workaround more than a feature.

Kari from Sit Means Sit Frederick

Best Business Decision

Gingr has been a life saver for my dog training/daycare/grooming business. It has simplified being able to have lodging and daily calendars in one place along with client records, payments, agreements, videos and pictures. I have taken hours of my time to do screen shares with my colleagues to show them this amazing software so that they can experience it and implement it in their businesses. It has helped us to have a more professional appearance with clients and is easy for them to use as well. There are definitely improvements I would like to see specific to my business needs, but the customer support is phenomenal and they continue to implement new features that are innovative and beneficial to my company. Cannot say enough good things!

Pros

Ease of use, simplicity, wide range of functions

Cons

Not being able to track leads/sales of potential clients

Denise from Flying A Canine Ranch

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Totally worth the time and money

I was able to get all of my customers and their information entered and now that its done, using Gingr is a game changer. Anytime that there is a problem, Gingr support staff is quick with their support. Having the facebook group to search for suggestions and help is great too. I wish that I had made the leap from pencil and paper to Gingr much sooner.

Pros

Easy to make appointments and reservations and update vaccine history. Also, keeping track of lodging and maximizing our capacity. E-mails history is tracked so I can see that it was sent, received, opened and read-love that!

Cons

It doesn't work with QuickBooks YET! I had to do the work to learn it and implement the features-I still need to use the feeding and medicine report-those are this year's goals.

Anne from Paws in Paradise Luxury Resort & Spa

Industry: Individual & Family Services

The backbone of our business!

Love it! It is the backbone of our business :-)

Pros

The software covers everything (and I mean EVERYTHING) we could possibly need for our business, from reservations to add-on services to grooming to tips and how to divide them to staff time clocks. I wouldn't be surprised if it can vacuum too :-) There is a learning curve with the program, but once you know how to use it, it is very user-friendly and intuitive. The integration with the credit card machines and the ability to export data to Excel is pretty awesome too.

Cons

The main issue we have found is connectivity, which may be due to our internet as well. Syncing with the database (when using multiple logins) sometimes lags the system at busy times, which can be frustrating, but at the rate Gingr is growing and upgrading recently, I'm sure these will be ironed out soon too.

Bruce from Consulting

A great product

We are managing our business operations well with Ginger, but do not capture revenue within Gingr. We use our bookkeeping system for that. There are bugs in reporting, but all in all it is doing us well.

Pros

I like the new release which makes the application invoice based. Good search capabilities.

Cons

No dynamic reporting. Problems with flexibility during check outs.

Response from Gingr

Replied December 2019

Thank you for your review Bruce! We are pleased to know that you like the new features released, particularly those relating to invoicing. We would love to help you resolve any issues you are having with check-outs. We'd like to help ensure your checkout workflows are seamless and speedy! Likewise, please submit any requests your may have regarding reporting. Our product and dev' teams continue to build more reporting functions specific to our customers' needs. Most customers use Gingr's POS, and then easily move revenue information to their accounting software. Let us know how we can help you with this workflow!

Wendy from Paws on the Run Pet Services

Fantastic Program and Customer Service

After being open a decade and piecemealing all our client information and scheduling with various programs, it is like a breath of fresh air to have everything in one place and easy to access. We are now much more efficient and are notified more often of cancellations so we are able to fill those openings. That alone pays for the cost of the program. The customer service is above and beyond and we've always gotten good help whenever we've needed it.

Pros

Being able to access info from work, home and on the go. I feel like I have a much better handle on things even when I'm not at work.

Cons

There are times when I feel like I need more than one screen to be showing at a time but with each upgrade, these issues are becoming fewer and fewer.

Lynn from Camp Belly Rub LLC

The best investment for my new and growing business

Pros

It differentiates me from my competition for the customer portal, ease of use, and the ability to train my staff quickly. It is intuitive and the support is great. Best decision I made!

Cons

Once initial set up is done ( with a partner from Gingr if you need the help), can be cumbersome to change parameters. They do offer on line tutorials and their support is helpful. The other is that it actually does more than I need. Would like to hide the aspects I do not need/use to streamline.

Portia from Central Bark Doggy Day Care Philadelphia

Industry: Dairy

Great transition, easy to use and train employees on

We switched to Gingr from an older access database application in February of 2016. We received great support in the months leading up to flipping the switch, and my staff was completely prepared for the move when we did it. I love the web interface - I can check in on things from pretty much anywhere I travel (bonus!) and Gingr's support has been an amazing resource for us in times of trouble or even just further exploration of the app.'s features. Highly recommended, and if you ever have a problem with Gingr, never hesitate to contact Gingr support, they respond quickly and are dedicated to helping their customers have a great experience with their app.

Pros

Ease of transition, easy to use, wide accessibility

Cons

Would like more reporting functions on financials

Nathan from Dog Haus University

Overall the system has made our job easier. Their service and support are terrible.

Pros

The system is web based so you can access it from anywhere which makes it very easy for management to see what the staff sees if they are out of the building

Cons

The fact that Gingr feels it holds no responsibility to support their customers. We are not tech people and have businesses to run, if we were in IT we wouldn't have this system in the first place.

Response from Gingr

Replied August 2017

Hi Nathan. Thank you for your positive comments about the software. I¿m pleased to know that it has made your job easier. I truly regret that you had a less than positive experience with our support team. Having personally reviewed the issue, I see that the support team did provide a solution, with detailed instructions for implementation. Our company policy is that support does not change settings for customers after the business has gone live with the app, but instead advises the customer as to how to make the changes themselves. Regrettably, you elected not to use any of your included setup support calls prior to going live, so it makes sense that some things were not set up properly. We strongly advise that setup is thoroughly tested prior to going live, so that there aren't any surprises when you're up and running. Finally, in addition to providing a solution, considering your issue further, we made a code change to the app for you. I hope that helped. Thank you for your business.

Evan from Willow Branch Kennel

Worth the money

Overall my clients and myself are happy with he system. It allows for a cohesive data management system and also allows businesses to easily expand their operation for different profit centers.

Pros

I have been using the software for 2 months now. The biggest benefit of this software is freeing a person up from the phone. I went from pencil & paper to Gingr. My call volume decreased from 15-20 calls a day to roughly 2-5 (conservatively). Additionally customers are able to manage their own data instead of you manually entering data into a separate system. This is beneficial when you need to communicate with owners via phone and email. The email marketing portion is also a cost saver. Before I was using Constant Contact and was able to discontinue my membership.

Cons

The set-up process is pretty rough. There are a lot of variables and some basic coding knowledge is useful. Many aspects of the program use "if-then" buttons, meaning if this button is clicked, then this will happen. The problem lies in the amount of buttons. If you are having an issue, going in and finding the button that should be clicked can be quite stressful.