• icon"Super easy to use, setup and configure. Integrates with Exchange/Outlook and really helps with the scheduling of rooms and resources."
  • icon"Users love the visibility Joan provides. And I love the fact I get about a month of battery life."
  • icon"Ease of use, differentiates against LCD, top support, amazing HW & SW, battery life."
  • icon"I barely have minimum dislike. I would say adding more tools to schedule meetings."
  • icon"I believe it connects to the wrong (i.e. further away) access point, which results in a high battery drain."
  • icon"It was a zip file inside of another zip file. Little confusing at first."

All Joan Reviews

Joshua

The only room booking tablet an idiot like me could implement

For a small business without an IT team, for a company that doesn't want to provide power outside every conference room, or for companies of any size who care more about something that is simple to buy, setup and maintain, I heartily recommend Joan. The value is incredible.

Pros

The best thing about Joan is the hardware. Unlike every other tablet-based solution, I can mount them without wiring and they only need to be charged every week or two. The software itself is a little annoying to set up (and the desktop software is wonky) but we're seeing great compliance among our employees. At the end of the day, that's all that really matters.

Cons

While the setup was something I could handle myself (I'm not some IT wizard, I'm just the product manager tasked with getting office technology working) the process was a little complicated. The desktop software necessary to configure Wifi on the tablets looks old and sometimes crashes/freezes. The website is a bit tricky, too. But this is small compared to the fact that *I was actually able to set this up*.

Cost and battery life.

Super simple to setup!

Excellent

Pros

Has ability to host the manager on premise to save cost on monthly fees. Devices have long battery life and just work! No issues at all so far!

Cons

Has lots of features but would love to see microsoft teams integration like slack

Reasons for choosing Joan

Cost, joan is a device, with other option we would need to purchase devices that would need proper mounting to make it all work

Great software, terrible hardware

In conclusion, I believe from a cost/value perspective getting some cheap iPads that are anyway plugged in all the time will provide a better user experience for a lower cost. I like the idea and as pointed out in the pros, the software interface is really neat, but it's let down by terrible hardware implementation.

Pros

The software interface is done very well. As is the visual design of the tablet. This would be a fantastic solution, were it not for two major downsides...

Cons

The biggest issue is the battery. I think the tablet has issues with mesh networks where multiple wifi access points share the same SSID. Even directly below an access point, the tablet complains about connectivity. I believe it connects to the wrong (i.e. further away) access point, which results in a high battery drain. We have to recharge the tablets every few weeks which is significantly below the guidance of the manufacturer. The other issue is the touch control. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the e-ink display itself or simply a terrible touch layer that's used. But in the end, you might need quite a bit of force to use the display.

Jon

Exact right product for the specific need

When we moved into our new office ~2 years ago, I needed a solution that would allow for integrated organization of our 14 or so meeting rooms with our existing tooling. I did not want to feel like I had to invest in a solution that would look terrible on a budget review 9 months later. The solution is cost friendly and simple. Implementation took from 6am-9am on a Tuesday. There aren't too many on prem device integrations that take 3 hours for a first-time user.

Pros

The Joan solution is what I look for whenever I'm selecting a solution or technology for our company or office. The solution delivers exactly what it is intended to. It doesn't try to win business with a longer feature set. It offers the features that match the need. There's no waste and no hollow features for the sake of competitive parity.

Cons

If I were being picky I would say that I would like to see the AI/Slack integration to evolve a bit. I'm unaware of integrations with smart speaker functionality but this would be a nice integration as well (which again may exist at this point).

Reasons mentioned above

Artur

Awesome way to manage your meeting resources

While having some troubles with initial setup help has been provided quickly and in very professional manner. Can't praise their support team enough. From admin perspective, all integrations are done in few simple steps. From user perspective it is simple and almost invisible (we integrated Joan with GSuite calendar system). Recently provided Slack bot just added another layer of functionality for them as well. Admin panel on VM (we host on premises) provides sufficient and clear overview of the state of devices on the network. In the end, this is clear and cost effective solution to manage your meeting space.

Pros

Once setup properly, it is almost zero maintenance if you wish. My users found it easy to use, slack integration works great. It is for years part of our office ecosystem.

Cons

That it can't be totally hosted on premises, there are still parts that require setting up outside of our infrastructure.

Reasons for choosing Joan

Simplicity of the setup, working time between the charges, cost effectiveness, ability to host on premises (limited as it is, proven to be enough to suffice our needs).

Response from Visionect

Dear Artur! Thank you for your kind feedback and great review! Thanks to your feedback we'll improve Joan even more. Best Regards Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead P.S. I'll make sure to give a shout out to our support agents! :)

Best roomreservartion system ever

During our growth we encountered several issues with our meetingrooms. Double bookings, ghost meetings etc. Even while all users could check the room calendars they didn't. Having a physical, low maintance device with the current and next meetings right at the room is a huge improvement. Customers love to see the appointment on the Joan.

Pros

Easy to use, set it up and forget about it. It just runs. Just make sure the Joan gets charged once in a while and you don't have to do any maintance. The setup is maybe 15 minutes of work and even the advanced stuff is easy to setup.

Cons

Well it's not a huge deal but when setting up and configuring stuff (making test appointments and so on) it takes some time to see if everything is working. There is no realtime feedback, but thats in the nature of the product.

Response from Visionect

Dear Joan customer! Thank you very much for your kind feedback and review. We're thrilled to see that you set up Joan in 15 minutes, even the advanced features! Best regards, Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead

It just works!

Who's in the conference room? Who's got it booked next? That's the problem it solves. As our company grows the demand for space grows as well. Joan helps to keep our conference room experience efficient.

Pros

Setup was very easy for the on-prem server, not much configuration needed after spinning it up. The config to connect to Office 365 was well documented and easy as well. I've had this running since the end of 2016 and it's been one of the more solid systems of any technology I'm responsible for. Users love the visibility Joan provides. And I love the fact I get about a month of battery life.

Cons

There really isn't much not to like. It just works!

Reasons for choosing Joan

I had one killer requirement--no holes in the wall. Joan met that requirement with ease. Using either the included magnet mount or 3M Command strips, they've been hanging on the wall for over three years, hole free.

A good tool

During the sales process, there was contact with each other to see if the device really met the desired requirements. This went very well and all questions were answered patiently and extensively. After that, ordering was very simple and most of the time it was spent waiting for the package to be delivered (took 2 days). Installation was a bit difficult for a while due to the poor WiFi connection and the fact that some settings take a while before they are actually implemented. In the end, this process only took me 30 minutes and we were up and running.

Pros

We are located in a multi-company building and therefore there are several users. Sometimes you were on a call and someone accidentally walked in. That is now over with this user-friendly solution. Connecting a new Google calendar was very easy and the device was up and running quite quickly.

Cons

It is possible to place an appointment in the agenda via the app, but the description in Dutch is not very appropriate. But for the purpose of telling everyone you don't want to be disturbed, it works well of course.

No more arguing about a booked meeting room.

By using Joan we have a clear view for the schedule of our meeting rooms. It saves us a hassle of walking around the office to check if something is booked or not.

Pros

Joan is really easy to work with, it gives a quick overview if a room is booked or not. It is even possible to book a meeting immediately from the touch display. By this was arguing about who a booked room does not have to happen anymore.

Cons

I think the battery is empty to quickly. Also I notice sometimes that it does not book a room when clicking on book, however this only happened to me a few times in the past year.

Dan

Industry: Architecture & Planning

it works and its easy!

Scheduling rooms - visual reminder of who has the room or resource scheduled, eliminates poachers and let's people schedule the room on the spot.

Pros

Cons

Nothing! I have not found anything I don't like about it.

Reasons for choosing Joan

Looked at Robin Powered BYOD but the integration and devices were going to be an issue.

Response from Visionect

Dear Dan! Thank you very much for your kind feedback and great review! :) Best Regards Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead

Steve

A nearly-perfect product

The displays are super-readable, and the fact that they are rechargeable is huge for us. Installing cabling to power them would have been prohibitively expensive. A charge lasts 3-4 weeks (some of them are not near WiFi hot spots so use more power attempting to connect--not a fault of the product).

Pros

I love that the JOAN displays are customizable, including being able to put our logo on them. The dashboard allows for a lot of settings, including defining hours when the office is closed so that the displays will go to sleep during that time. They work great with our Outlook calendars and Office 365.

Cons

There is really nothing to dislike. The dashboard is easy to navigate and the displays work as promised. They look great. Our only issue is that we are located next to a hotel with strong WiFi signals, and the devices closest to the hotel sometimes have a hard time locking onto OUR WiFi and display a "no signal" symbol.

Noel

Easy calendar solution.

The Joan solution has been great since we implemented it on all our sites (50+ rooms). We were looking for a solution we didn't have to run power to, that had an easy and intuitive display, and provided some level of reporting for us to ensure our rooms were being utilized properly. The solution provides a customizable, low touch, simple solution that our users love.

Pros

Ease of use once setup. User friendly & intuitive. Low IT maintenance. Kind of like a HP printer, just configure it once, minimum maintenance, and it just works. Add features you want or keep it basic.

Cons

On prem setup was a bit involved, but once we had it figured out we were able to start standing up the devices. Would be nice to be able to bulk import and apply settings across groups within the import file. A user community page/site would be useful, not a lot of information available other then basic FAQ.

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great alternative for meeting room management

Joan has helped the organization make a better use of our scarce meeting rooms. Offering also a quick option to use the room if available, makes quick meetings happen in a smooth way. Now we are moving to a new office with more meeting rooms, and I will be buying more Joans.

Pros

I was looking for an easy to use and install meeting room management device/software. All that required an iPad or something that needs to be wired was not enough for me, as there was no electrical outlet nearby. When I saw the Joan I liked that it could run for almost a month with a single charge, so I decided to give it a try. I was amazed by its simple integration with Google Calendar, and how it helped make a better use of the meeting room, having a positive impact in our culture.

Cons

I had certain WiFi issues but I could solve them by sharing my logs to the support team.

Dan

It just works

Great support and great product. It works.

Pros

It's simple. Setup and integration was easy. In fact it was so easy, a developer could even do it...

Cons

It was a zip file inside of another zip file. Little confusing at first.

Reasons for choosing Joan

Reliable and easy for our users to use.

Response from Visionect

Dear Dan, thank you for your kind review and feedback. We try to make our products as simple and as easy to use as possible. Also, noted on the zip file comment, will bring it to the team. Thank you Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead at Joan

Replied November 2019

Brian

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Joan has improved our office

Joan has been great. We love the customization, ease of use, effectiveness, and look. When I contacted the Joan technical support team with a question about changing the wording on the device they were very quick to respond. I got answers and our device is even better now. The battery lasts forever, I rarely have to even think about the device. I just setup my calendar and the room is ready when I get there!

Pros

The software was so easy and intuitive. The initial setup was easy to follow along with. I was never left wondering what I was doing or why. Sycing it with our Office365 instance was not difficult.

Cons

It did take some technical know how, which I thankfully had. But an average user may have a bit of confusion about why they were taking certain steps.

Reasons for choosing Joan

Price is really what made the deciding factor. The month subscription was way cheaper.

Response from Visionect

Dear Brian, thank you for your review and kind feedback! Happy to hear that you liked the setup process. It is one of the quickest in the industry and our aim is to make it completely seamless and easy in the very near future. Best regards, Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead

Replied November 2019