• Pros

• "Battery life and e-ink display are a big plus, since it has been the only solution on the market able to not having us deploying more cables and whatever. Integration in G Suite is very nice."

• "I love the effect it has had on our company and our management of our meeting rooms. It’s simple to use, straightforward to get set up and solves a real problem in a busy workplace"

• "It's simple. Setup and integration was easy. In fact it was so easy, a developer could even do it..."

• Cons

• "Battery length could be better, but it’s still very strong"

• "Has lots of features but would love to see microsoft teams integration like slack"

• "Difficulty to customize at first. These issues were resolved quickly by support however"

Browse Joan Reviews

Joshua from Alyce

The only room booking tablet an idiot like me could implement

For a small business without an IT team, for a company that doesn't want to provide power outside every conference room, or for companies of any size who care more about something that is simple to buy, setup and maintain, I heartily recommend Joan. The value is incredible.

Pros

The best thing about Joan is the hardware. Unlike every other tablet-based solution, I can mount them without wiring and they only need to be charged every week or two. The software itself is a little annoying to set up (and the desktop software is wonky) but we're seeing great compliance among our employees. At the end of the day, that's all that really matters.

Cons

While the setup was something I could handle myself (I'm not some IT wizard, I'm just the product manager tasked with getting office technology working) the process was a little complicated. The desktop software necessary to configure Wifi on the tablets looks old and sometimes crashes/freezes. The website is a bit tricky, too. But this is small compared to the fact that *I was actually able to set this up*.

Cost and battery life.

Super simple to setup!

Excellent

Pros

Has ability to host the manager on premise to save cost on monthly fees. Devices have long battery life and just work! No issues at all so far!

Reasons for Choosing Joan

Cost, joan is a device, with other option we would need to purchase devices that would need proper mounting to make it all work

Great software, terrible hardware

In conclusion, I believe from a cost/value perspective getting some cheap iPads that are anyway plugged in all the time will provide a better user experience for a lower cost. I like the idea and as pointed out in the pros, the software interface is really neat, but it's let down by terrible hardware implementation.

Pros

The software interface is done very well. As is the visual design of the tablet. This would be a fantastic solution, were it not for two major downsides...

Cons

The biggest issue is the battery. I think the tablet has issues with mesh networks where multiple wifi access points share the same SSID. Even directly below an access point, the tablet complains about connectivity. I believe it connects to the wrong (i.e. further away) access point, which results in a high battery drain. We have to recharge the tablets every few weeks which is significantly below the guidance of the manufacturer. The other issue is the touch control. I'm not sure if this is an issue with the e-ink display itself or simply a terrible touch layer that's used. But in the end, you might need quite a bit of force to use the display.

A good tool

During the sales process, there was contact with each other to see if the device really met the desired requirements. This went very well and all questions were answered patiently and extensively. After that, ordering was very simple and most of the time it was spent waiting for the package to be delivered (took 2 days). Installation was a bit difficult for a while due to the poor WiFi connection and the fact that some settings take a while before they are actually implemented. In the end, this process only took me 30 minutes and we were up and running.

Pros

We are located in a multi-company building and therefore there are several users. Sometimes you were on a call and someone accidentally walked in. That is now over with this user-friendly solution. Connecting a new Google calendar was very easy and the device was up and running quite quickly.

Cons

It is possible to place an appointment in the agenda via the app, but the description in Dutch is not very appropriate. But for the purpose of telling everyone you don't want to be disturbed, it works well of course.

Jon from Stack Sports

Exact right product for the specific need

When we moved into our new office ~2 years ago, I needed a solution that would allow for integrated organization of our 14 or so meeting rooms with our existing tooling. I did not want to feel like I had to invest in a solution that would look terrible on a budget review 9 months later. The solution is cost friendly and simple. Implementation took from 6am-9am on a Tuesday. There aren't too many on prem device integrations that take 3 hours for a first-time user.

Pros

The Joan solution is what I look for whenever I'm selecting a solution or technology for our company or office. The solution delivers exactly what it is intended to. It doesn't try to win business with a longer feature set. It offers the features that match the need. There's no waste and no hollow features for the sake of competitive parity.

Cons

If I were being picky I would say that I would like to see the AI/Slack integration to evolve a bit. I'm unaware of integrations with smart speaker functionality but this would be a nice integration as well (which again may exist at this point).

Reasons mentioned above

Best roomreservartion system ever

During our growth we encountered several issues with our meetingrooms. Double bookings, ghost meetings etc. Even while all users could check the room calendars they didn't. Having a physical, low maintance device with the current and next meetings right at the room is a huge improvement. Customers love to see the appointment on the Joan.

Pros

Easy to use, set it up and forget about it. It just runs. Just make sure the Joan gets charged once in a while and you don't have to do any maintance. The setup is maybe 15 minutes of work and even the advanced stuff is easy to setup.

Cons

Well it's not a huge deal but when setting up and configuring stuff (making test appointments and so on) it takes some time to see if everything is working. There is no realtime feedback, but thats in the nature of the product.

Response from Visionect

Replied December 2019

Dear Joan customer! Thank you very much for your kind feedback and review. We're thrilled to see that you set up Joan in 15 minutes, even the advanced features! Best regards, Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead

It just works!

Who's in the conference room? Who's got it booked next? That's the problem it solves. As our company grows the demand for space grows as well. Joan helps to keep our conference room experience efficient.

Pros

Setup was very easy for the on-prem server, not much configuration needed after spinning it up. The config to connect to Office 365 was well documented and easy as well. I've had this running since the end of 2016 and it's been one of the more solid systems of any technology I'm responsible for. Users love the visibility Joan provides. And I love the fact I get about a month of battery life.

Cons

There really isn't much not to like. It just works!

Reasons for Choosing Joan

I had one killer requirement--no holes in the wall. Joan met that requirement with ease. Using either the included magnet mount or 3M Command strips, they've been hanging on the wall for over three years, hole free.

No more arguing about a booked meeting room.

By using Joan we have a clear view for the schedule of our meeting rooms. It saves us a hassle of walking around the office to check if something is booked or not.

Pros

Joan is really easy to work with, it gives a quick overview if a room is booked or not. It is even possible to book a meeting immediately from the touch display. By this was arguing about who a booked room does not have to happen anymore.

Cons

I think the battery is empty to quickly. Also I notice sometimes that it does not book a room when clicking on book, however this only happened to me a few times in the past year.

Jaka from Stele Pro

Best for Hybrid Office Setup

2 mins setup. Ideal for WFH and Office hybrid setup.

Pros

Ease of use, differentiates against LCD, top support, amazing HW & SW, battery life

Cons

Looking forward to the next product release

Joan is cool

Dan from Payette

Industry: Architecture & Planning

it works and its easy!

Scheduling rooms - visual reminder of who has the room or resource scheduled, eliminates poachers and let's people schedule the room on the spot.

Pros

Super easy to use, setup and configure. Integrates with Exchange/Outlook and really helps with the scheduling of rooms and resources.

Cons

Nothing! I have not found anything I don't like about it.

Reasons for Choosing Joan

Looked at Robin Powered BYOD but the integration and devices were going to be an issue.

Response from Visionect

Replied December 2019

Dear Dan! Thank you very much for your kind feedback and great review! :) Best Regards Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead

Artur from Health Bridge Ltd.

Awesome way to manage your meeting resources

While having some troubles with initial setup help has been provided quickly and in very professional manner. Can't praise their support team enough. From admin perspective, all integrations are done in few simple steps. From user perspective it is simple and almost invisible (we integrated Joan with GSuite calendar system). Recently provided Slack bot just added another layer of functionality for them as well. Admin panel on VM (we host on premises) provides sufficient and clear overview of the state of devices on the network. In the end, this is clear and cost effective solution to manage your meeting space.

Pros

Once setup properly, it is almost zero maintenance if you wish. My users found it easy to use, slack integration works great. It is for years part of our office ecosystem.

Cons

That it can't be totally hosted on premises, there are still parts that require setting up outside of our infrastructure.

Reasons for Choosing Joan

Simplicity of the setup, working time between the charges, cost effectiveness, ability to host on premises (limited as it is, proven to be enough to suffice our needs).

Response from Visionect

Replied December 2019

Dear Artur! Thank you for your kind feedback and great review! Thanks to your feedback we'll improve Joan even more. Best Regards Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead P.S. I'll make sure to give a shout out to our support agents! :)

Steve from Higher Learning Commission

A nearly-perfect product

The displays are super-readable, and the fact that they are rechargeable is huge for us. Installing cabling to power them would have been prohibitively expensive. A charge lasts 3-4 weeks (some of them are not near WiFi hot spots so use more power attempting to connect--not a fault of the product).

Pros

I love that the JOAN displays are customizable, including being able to put our logo on them. The dashboard allows for a lot of settings, including defining hours when the office is closed so that the displays will go to sleep during that time. They work great with our Outlook calendars and Office 365.

Cons

There is really nothing to dislike. The dashboard is easy to navigate and the displays work as promised. They look great. Our only issue is that we are located next to a hotel with strong WiFi signals, and the devices closest to the hotel sometimes have a hard time locking onto OUR WiFi and display a "no signal" symbol.

David from ArchDaily

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great alternative for meeting room management

Joan has helped the organization make a better use of our scarce meeting rooms. Offering also a quick option to use the room if available, makes quick meetings happen in a smooth way. Now we are moving to a new office with more meeting rooms, and I will be buying more Joans.

Pros

I was looking for an easy to use and install meeting room management device/software. All that required an iPad or something that needs to be wired was not enough for me, as there was no electrical outlet nearby. When I saw the Joan I liked that it could run for almost a month with a single charge, so I decided to give it a try. I was amazed by its simple integration with Google Calendar, and how it helped make a better use of the meeting room, having a positive impact in our culture.

Cons

I had certain WiFi issues but I could solve them by sharing my logs to the support team.

Noel from PEMCO Insurance

Easy calendar solution.

The Joan solution has been great since we implemented it on all our sites (50+ rooms). We were looking for a solution we didn't have to run power to, that had an easy and intuitive display, and provided some level of reporting for us to ensure our rooms were being utilized properly. The solution provides a customizable, low touch, simple solution that our users love.

Pros

Ease of use once setup. User friendly & intuitive. Low IT maintenance. Kind of like a HP printer, just configure it once, minimum maintenance, and it just works. Add features you want or keep it basic.

Cons

On prem setup was a bit involved, but once we had it figured out we were able to start standing up the devices. Would be nice to be able to bulk import and apply settings across groups within the import file. A user community page/site would be useful, not a lot of information available other then basic FAQ.

Dan from Miron Construction

It just works

Great support and great product. It works.

Pros

Cons

It was a zip file inside of another zip file. Little confusing at first.

Reasons for Choosing Joan

Reliable and easy for our users to use.

Response from Visionect

Replied November 2019

Dear Dan, thank you for your kind review and feedback. We try to make our products as simple and as easy to use as possible. Also, noted on the zip file comment, will bring it to the team. Thank you Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead at Joan

Brian from FedEx Supply Chain

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Joan has improved our office

Joan has been great. We love the customization, ease of use, effectiveness, and look. When I contacted the Joan technical support team with a question about changing the wording on the device they were very quick to respond. I got answers and our device is even better now. The battery lasts forever, I rarely have to even think about the device. I just setup my calendar and the room is ready when I get there!

Pros

The software was so easy and intuitive. The initial setup was easy to follow along with. I was never left wondering what I was doing or why. Sycing it with our Office365 instance was not difficult.

Cons

It did take some technical know how, which I thankfully had. But an average user may have a bit of confusion about why they were taking certain steps.

Reasons for Choosing Joan

Price is really what made the deciding factor. The month subscription was way cheaper.

Response from Visionect

Replied November 2019

Dear Brian, thank you for your review and kind feedback! Happy to hear that you liked the setup process. It is one of the quickest in the industry and our aim is to make it completely seamless and easy in the very near future. Best regards, Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead

Louis-Philippe from Attraction

Does the job well

It removed a lot of the confusion as to who had booked the room in Calendar.

Pros

Keeps its battery for long (2-3 months), no need to pass electricity in the wall. Very low energy and network usage. Very well integrated with G-Suite. Joan Portal is well designed. The devices are well built

Cons

Need very strong WiFi for the devices to be responsive. If you choose to host the VM on prem, the visioconnect software cannot auto-update. The pricing for cloud could be more aggressive.

Bram from Davinsi Labs

Industry: Security and Investigations

Great product

Pros

You can add custom logos and easily integrate with Google Calendar

Cons

Setup process is a bit difficult, resetting also a bit difficult

Response from Visionect

Replied December 2019

Dear Bram! Thank you for your kind review and feedback. We're always looking for ways to improve the setup process and just in the last year, we brought it from 8 to 4 steps. It's feedback like yours that motivates us to push further and to create the simples meeting room booking solution on the market. Best Regards Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead

Christopher from Space Coast Credit Union

Joan boards are a necessity with multipl eboardrooms

Every time we have a vendor or outside customer come in to a conference room they comment on how amazing they are. The ability to book a room from Webex Teams enhances the ease of use on the fly.

Pros

It presents a professional and easy way to see at a glance if a room is booked.

Reasons for Choosing Joan

The only other thing we used was basic Exchange rooms

CRAIG from ROBINSON, GRIMES & COMPANY PC

Makes people happy

It makes my people happy, so I am happy!

Pros

It's intuitive to operate, and the result is a very polished-looking system that makes people happy.

Cons

It was a bit cumbersome to set up and support was not always great.

Federico from Phase Motion Control

Industry: Machinery

The most reliable solution - and cool

Great way to manage our rooms on-the-go. The best solution ever.

Pros

Cons

The frame design choice could be a little more wide. Maybe some swappable (coloured) frames? Could be a great idea! Also, when a meeting is already started, a button for extending the duration of the meeting would be useful. Often our meetings go overtime and users can't manage to log in G suite and extend the meeting's duration. Like a "add 30 minutes" button poppin'up (if the room is free, of course) would be great.

Reasons for Choosing Joan

Reliable, green, easy and customizable.

Response from Visionect

Replied December 2019

Hi Federico! Thanks for your kind review and great feedback and ideas! I'll make sure to pass them along to our product team. :) Best Regards Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead

Daniel from Second Street

Excellent product, very useful for our team

Pros

Joan is a great product that was well thought out for small/medium sized businesses. Our team uses them daily to keep rooms reserved for meetings without overlap. Has definitely helped with conflicting schedules in our meeting rooms.

Cons

Could use a 'button' to reset the device.

Response from Visionect

Replied December 2019

Dear Daniel, Thank you for your kind review and feedback. Will make sure to bring your feedback up to our product team. Best Regards Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead

John from MyWallSt

Best meeting room solution out there

Pros

Cons

Battery length could be better, but it’s still very strong

Rick from Haven Coliving

Slack Integration iswr

The company offers greats support but I haven’t tried their physical product. We use the Slack bot to reserve our rooms.

Pros

Integrates with google calendar for room bookings

Cons

Brittle syntax. No documentation. Can’t see the code to help improve.

Jesus from Albizu University

Its a great product

It's been very easy to implement

Pros

Financially accessible, expand-ability and its logic design.

Cons

I barely have minimum dislike. I would say adding more tools to schedule meetings. Like using the Siri functionalities on iPhone.

Response from Visionect

Replied November 2019

Dear Jesus, Thank you for your kind review and feedback. New interesting integrations with powerful tools are on our Q1 roadmap so stay tuned! Best regards, Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead

Renee from BerganKDV, Ltd

Check out Joan

Joan has made the conference rooms user friendly and this makes for smoother meetings.

Pros

Users can book their own conference rooms instead of always needing assistance

Cons

Pop up meetings do not show who is in attendance.

Response from Visionect

Replied November 2019

Dear Renee, thank you for your kind review and feedback. I've noted your feedback about the pop up meetings and will take it to the team to discuss. Best regards Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team lead

Dustin from Elk Grove Park District

Accomplished it's mission perfectly

Pros

We deployed Joan for meeting room displays alongside a migration to G-Suite. So far, so good. The displays do what they claim to do, and that is showing meetings and allowing on-the-spot bookings, preventing double-bookings, etc. Staff love seeing the upcoming meetings and being able to manage their rooms from their office, rather than having to get up and post paper reservation sheets on each door.

Cons

The software is great, but the hardware... pretty expensive. These things are basically glorified 1st-gen Kindle tablets and they run almost $500 USD for the smallest, most limited option. The $1000 ones aren't even touchscreen, which boggles my mind. It made it very difficult to get the rollout approved.

Jenifer from Finxact, Inc.

Great addition to our office!

It has been great! It's a small addition but it made a huge impact to our office. Thanks!

Pros

It is user friendly. The setup process and putting up on the glass window at the conference room.

Cons

It does not display the Title of the meeting, just the organizer's name whom created the meeting.

Response from Visionect

Replied November 2019

Dear Jenifer! Thank you for your kind feedback and review! About your comment listed under Cons, there is a simple solution for it in the Joan portal. You can simply turn on the option to display the Meeting Title on the devices. Here it how to do it: https://support.getjoan.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007403359-How-to-show-hide-the-meeting-subject-and-organizer-on-your-Joan-devices Best regards, Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead

Jakob from Blacklime digital media

Greatly improves meetings efficiency, great product

Joan was accepted very well among our staff and has become a crucial meetings management tool.

Pros

Bulit quality, simplistic and straigtforward onboarding process and overall day-to-day use, Joan device design integrates perfectly into any modern office environment, battery life is impressive. We personalized it according to our companys visual identity. Love the G-suite integration - works great!

Cons

May be a bit pricy for a small company as we are but in comparison to other solutions, Joan really delivers the whole package and its a "plug-and-play" service and hardware.

Gerard from THUSA

Get Joan!

Pros

Joan is an easy to use and extremely cost effective room scheduling device.

Cons

The wireless connection was a little buggy in the beginning but I think this has since been fixed in a firmware update.

Cost

Clark from Sattler College

Easy to use off-the-shelf room booking hardware and software that grows with us.

From sales to support to product Joan offers a compelling meeting room solution. We are moving beyond the testing stage to roll it out to our campus.

Pros

We are running the on-premise software for now and it was very reasonable to get running in a hyper-v environment on windows 10 pro. The one issue we had was quickly resolved by support. Pros: Easy to install Scalable Wireless/Cordless Aesthetically Pleasing Intuitive

Cons

The monthly cloud pricing could be a bit more affordable, but it is competitive.

Reasons for Choosing Joan

Battery-powered devices. Little/No installation cost.

Dan from Hayward Tyler Inc.

Very useful tool for our business

Our biggest problem was that people were not looking in their Outlook calendars for conference room availability. Many times, conference rooms were hijacked which left the scheduler looking for a new conference room. Joan has solved this because it clearly shows who has a meeting and the schedule for the day.

Pros

I like that the integration to our Exchange calendars took less than 10 minutes. Calendar changes are displayed on our 4 Joan units almost instantly.

Cons

There hasn't been anything negative yet, all of the functionality has met our needs.

Jordan from Jackson Lifts

Industry: Facilities Services

Pros

Very easy to install, looks the part, easy to add devices

Cons

Greyscale Screen, could do with a bit of colour.

Thomas from Wepe Regnskap AS

Excellent

Really helped the office to plan meetings as employees earlier just occupied the meeting room. Now they can see next meeting when they enter the room.

Pros

Easy to install, nice layout and easy to use.

Cons

Nothing really, but had to move it now and then the magnet was not movable.

Simon from Henkel

Industry: Plastics

First 6 months with Joan

We use 3 Joan devices in our offices and the general feedback is extremely positive. My colleagues found it very useful and.

Pros

Very easy to use, everything can be controlled from the Joan Portal. In the last 6 months, we only had to charge it twice - very good battery life.

Cons

The onboarding process could be easier, but in comparison to other solutions, it's still great.

Abdullah from The Best Connection

Industry: Staffing and Recruiting

Amazing simple meeting room solution

Really Satisfied

Pros

High quality Cordless Simple Custom Button and Logo Easy Administration

Cons

Battery life not as described but still last fair bit

Response from Visionect

Replied December 2019

Dear Abdullah! Thank you for your kind review and feedback! Best Regards, Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead

David from BEST CONNECTION GROUP LTD

Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Really Easy to set up and Use

Pros

Easy to set up and looks good at the office, useful for organizing meetings

Cons

Battery Life, it needs charging quite often

Response from Visionect

Replied December 2019

Dear David! Thank you for your kind review and great feedback! Best Regards Tilen Kegl, Marketing Team Lead

Danielle from Reflect Digital

Makes Boardroom Booking Easy!

Great! Its made booking meeting rooms and avoiding clashes super easy!

Pros

Simple booking Option for meet now to save booking when need a quick meeting Personalisation

Cons

Nothing, the software is perfect for what we need it for.

Just okay

Just okay - will continue to use for the time-being, but if something better comes along, may change.

Pros

This program is used in our lab space in order to indicate to students when they are able to enter a particular room for their assessment to be recorded

Cons

While the software works as described, it tends to be rather "glitchy" and does not always perform as intended.

Duane from Element Steel

Element Steel

Pros

we can book our boardroom and show when it is busy

Cons

we are struggling to get it set up to work seamlessly