• icon"It is extremely user friendly and is of excellent quality. Lets not forget that their team is extremely helpful and always follow up."
  • icon"One of my favorite features of luma is the ability to provide an on-demand link to patients that has easy to follow prompts. This sets luma apart from many other platforms."
  • icon"Luma's patient engagement communications can be as complex or as simple as you wish, but the ease of use and their customer support is top notch regardless of how deep you dive."
  • icon"We had some initial difficulty in the restrictive options of the responses patients could use in responding to the texts."
  • icon"Sometimes the broadcast are difficult to send."
  • icon"The fact that the team hid from us the lack of integration with our EMR until very late in the process."

Browse all Luma Health Reviews

• Have you used Luma Health and would like to share your experience with others?

Caitlyn

All around wonderful

With Luma, we've seen an increase in appointment attendance and a decrease in last minute no-shows/cancellations. We have additionally seen a spike in positive reviews/recommendations on our social media platform. Overall, Luma has been a huge asset to our practice- their customer service is top notch and we're very happy with them!

Pros

Optional appointment waitlist feature Customizable appointment Reminder Local number (for reminders) Positive feedback from patients feeds to social media and other web outlets (customizable) Negative feedback from patients provides the opportunity to submit an anonymous response to a customized set of questions, so we can better serve our patients Seamless connectivity with our EHR system (NextGen)

Cons

We have one type of appointment (infusion) that we don’t want patients to cancel via text message. Even if we phrase the reminder in a way that doesn’t provide the option, some of our patients are tech-savvy and still respond with "No/Cancel" and the appointment will cancel due to the way the system is engineered. I have spoken with other reminder systems similar to Luma to see if this is just a Luma issue, and it seems that it’s an across-the-board issue. I'm confident that if Luma was capable of changing this for us, they would.

Kristen

Luma Health is A Gamechanger for Any Medical Practice

My overall experience with Luma Health has been wonderful. Luma has drastically decreased our no show rate. Reminders have been awesome in getting everyone confirmed and prepared for their appointments. The appointments that do get cancelled either in ample time or last minute Luma's waitlist feature is a lifesaver. Our provider's schedules are always full and patients are extremely happy because they get to be seen sooner. Luma has done wonders to help bridge happy patients with our Google and social media pages to share their experiences with us online. Patients leave meaningful honest reviews about visiting us that we truly appreciate. We love our patients and we're so happy to hear stories of why they continue to come back to our practice again and again.

Pros

Its hard to pick one thing! Luma covers all the bases on patient engagement, HIPAA compliant texting, custom reminders, recall messages, feedback/social media reviews, online scheduling, you name it! Our patients love their appointment reminders from Luma and so do our doctors. We can customize when and how often they go out and can change the script per appointment type so patients who are coming in for certain procedures can be given separate instructions to prepare for their appointment. Luma Health have been rockstars in improving their new online scheduling platform. Its fantastic. Patients are able to enter in all pertinent info for their desired appointment including reason for visit, insurance information, changes in phone number/address, etc and are only shown times which match their appointment criteria. My personal favorite thing about Luma is there willingness and desire to grow and adapt their product based off of their customers needs. We have been with Luma for 2 years now and I can't tell you how many things have been added to their platform based off of customer feedback. You ask for a change or make a suggestion and it basically comes out in the Product Updates the next month. Bravo for actually listening to your clientele and making actionable changes based off of feedback. That is so rare when working with EHR systems and other medical software.

Cons

Luma's customer service is absolutely top notch, to be clear I have ZERO complaints about that. But it's hard that the main way to get a hold of Luma for support is by email/ticketing. We are located on the east coast and because of the time difference sometimes the answers to my questions come after I leave for the day and I don't get to address them until the next morning.

Reasons for choosing Luma Health

To be honest the sales person at Solution Reach was way too pushy. They seemed to care more about the sale than actually demonstrating and educating a potential customer on their product. From what I remember since this was several years ago, the software was expensive and there was not an option to purchase features separately. It was a no go for sure.

Reasons for switching to Luma Health

TeleVox was extremely clunky to work with. It only served appointment reminders at the time we had it and it was very burdensome for the staff because they had to upload appointments daily and print our confirmation reports where they would have to manually change all the statuses on our EHR software. It really didn't save that much time for us. Luma Health is a whole different animal. All of this process is completely automated. In additional to reminders Luma offered so many other valuable features for our practice.

Response from Luma Health

Kristen, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback! We're so grateful for your partnership and are thrilled to hear how we've been able to support your practice in keeping schedules full and patients happy!

Replied October 2019

Fadi

Buyer beware If there is an option for zero I would have used it

We went to Luma health to get an option that offer our patients the ability to book online. They confirmed their software integrates perfectly with our EMR. After signing up and paying the mandatory one year fee of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]and implementation fee of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and 3 month into a long process we were told that their system would only schedule cancelled appointments. This was unacceptable and rendered the online booking useless. For example if provider A has a full schedule an Provider B has an empty schedule only patients who cancel from provider A schedule will have their slots visible to others to book.

Pros

What I liked about the product was wiped away with the team hiding major flaws with integration.

Reasons for switching to Luma Health

Wanted an option that offered full integration with our EMR to offer patients online booking options.

Response from Luma Health

Dr. Nukta, we're sorry to hear that our solution did not meet your expectations. We pride ourselves on being fully transparent about our product capabilities both during the sales cycle and the implementation process. While we welcome all feedback, the pricing mentioned did not reflect the contracted annual fee, and we kindly requested for this to be redacted for fair representation. If you would like to discuss further, please reach out to us at support@lumahealth.io.

Noel

Results, Results, Results

Before we started with LumaHealth we would receive 1-2 reviews on GMB a month (maybe even every two months). Many of these reviews were from patients who had a particularly bad experience with us so we were never able to accurately hear from those who were satisfied. Within the first full month of starting with LumaHealth we received 99 reviews on a total of six GMB location pages for our medical practice. We also were able to start a waitlist for our patients. We currently have 73 patients utilizing the waitlist functionality. Through the waitlist we were able to fill 33% of cancelled appointments. We also just began introducing our referral physicians to our referral website and have a 38% referral conversion rate. Something that can't be calculated is the time saved by allowing LH to run in the background requesting reviews, confirming appointments or filling appointments for us. We also have the two way chat which allows our staff to handle situations with our patients however they're most comfortable. This allows us to keep our patients happy communicating to them where they are!

Pros

Our office has appreciated being a part of test group for two way texting. We also love that it integrates with our EMR so it can automatically send messages to patients after they leave their appointments asking them to rate us. Then request them to publish their reviews publicly on GMB. This has been great for our business and increased the sheer number of positive reviews on our GMB sites ten-fold.

Cons

I would love to see LH publish the reviews not just on GMB pages but also on doctors Vitals, Healthgrades, WebMD, etc accounts. I believe there are many physicians who are working to maintain good reviews on a multitude of sites and this would just help by achieving all of that for them.

Reasons for choosing Luma Health

Luma Health connects to our EMR which is a huge added bonus for our staff and team.

Philip B

Luma Health - flexible and intuitive

Working with Luma has been a very pleasant experience overall. From working with their [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] on the granular details of our contract to customizing messages with our Customer Success Manager, the Luma folks have been responsive, friendly, and extremely knowledgable.

Pros

Luma Health's appointment reminder and broadcast messaging features are a cut above the rest. Allowing customers to tailor their message content, timing, and management makes it an ideal platform for organizations who really want to fine-tune their patient communication. Luma's patient engagement communications can be as complex or as simple as you wish, but the ease of use and their customer support is top notch regardless of how deep you dive.

Cons

A more in-depth workflow analysis during implementation would have been helpful, but the small hiccup we ran into was easily resolved. As of March 6, 2021, the filters applied and locked in the Reporting section do not "stick", so that is a bit annoying.

Reasons for switching to Luma Health

Televox appointment reminders provided Allscripts is extremely limited in functionality and customization.

Scott

Luma Health has improved all our processes

Very high marks for features and service.

Pros

The pandemic forced us into telemedicine without plan or preparation. We initially used Zoom, which is built for business rather than medical use, and found that the app required more interaction than many of our patients were able to do, which seriously hampered our ability to care for our patients. Luma is designed for medical use. The patients simply click a link on their phone or computer, authorize audio and video, and they’re in the session with us. The video quality is comparable to that of Zoom, so we didn’t give anything up there. Luma integrates with our EHR, so we no longer have to keep two calendars, one for the EHR and another for the teleconferencing product. Luma has also brought a suite of texting tools that have largely shifted incoming patient interactions from our phones to their texting web Hub which the front office staff and the patients love. I have had my patients do depression and anxiety ratings scales for years, and Luma was able to duplicate that process, and improve it by moving it to text. In addition, Luma includes in my ratings link 7 labeled paragraphs into which patients enter pertinent history before their first, assessment appointment. Consequently, building my note after the appointment is much less time consuming than it used to be when I typed it all myself.

Cons

Luma is completely customizable, which is amazing. But that means they basically code the connections through the API of our EHR from scratch. This has been time consuming - plan for months for full deployment - but, again, pretty much if it can be done, they give you just what you want.

Reasons for choosing Luma Health

DrChrono charges $5 per teleconference session. I see 25 to 30 patients per day. Luma charges a very reasonable flat fee of $250/ user/month (for our flavor of installation; that price may vary a bit by feature selection). Do the math. DrChrono’s messaging features are very limited. The DrChrono’s web-portal is clunky and difficult for many patients to navigate, which significantly reduced the number of patients who completed their pre-appointment ratings (see above). Luma set us up so patients do their ratings the day before the appointment by simply opening a link in a text. Now well over 80% of my patients are completing their depression and anxiety ratings before our appointment. DrChrono, btw, is a very powerful EHR and I’m very glad we selected it and use it. The telemedicine feature is all I’m critiquing here.

Reasons for switching to Luma Health

The app was too complex for many of our patients.

Tina

Gastroenterology Practice review

I feel our practice had an excellent overall experience with the texting and survey product that Luma offers. Our set up was quick and I received as much support help as needed. The response time to have something looked at and changes made was very impressive as once you buy the product, good customer service is so very necessary and Luma was able to work with us in a positive and helpful way.

Pros

Our medical practice was having difficulties contacting our patients and getting back responses of confirmed patient appointments. I reached out to Luma as I have heard great things about their capabilities from other practices who use the texting service for appointment reminders. We strive to have excellent patient care and communication so once I connected with Luma representative, they really took the time to fully understand how our scheduling system works and what needs we have that may differ from others. I was very impressed with their responsiveness to any minor issues or concerns that arose and the ability to track everything and receive back patient reviews was just what our company was looking for.

Cons

Integration was not difficult but as expected, there were times in which we had to made adjustments and the Luma representatives were always available to help.

Reasons for choosing Luma Health

The previous reminder service was only able to make phone calls and this was not as helpful and forward thinking as we really needed to be able to text patients for appointment confirmations. Luma was able to adjust to our needs which was very important for a smooth transition.

medhavi

Excellent software for all private practice patient-communication and more

I help manage two medical practices and Luma is the best kept secret. It smooths out all of our internal processes.

Pros

1. Easy to use 2. Intuitive 3. Allows for filling schedules without human involvement 4. Referral management 5. Patient messaging 6. Automated actions based on visit types and other key factors . Custom messages tied to and ICD or visit type or CPT give customized patient messages 7. Excellent support 8. Reminders - this has dramatically reduced the work for the front office. Prior we had staff call everyone to confirm appointments and also tried other systems which involved a manual download and upload of patient-name-system (I bet you used something similar which is prone to errors). Luma blew them out of the water More reliable than a human to confirm appointments, reminders DEEP Integration with most EMR systems 9. Reduced my human staff requirements by 1.5 FTE 11. Feedback system has improved patient experience and MD reviews significantly 12. Fills my cancellations automatically directly into the PM schedule 13. Allows for automated "smart" waitlist system that humans can add to and patients can Self-add without human help

Cons

The messaging system does not have templates (yet) but it is coming soon. Wish the stand-alone self-schedule portion of system were more robust

Bill

Luma Health - In The Top 5 Technology Decisions of my Career

Completely positive and well received by all staff that use it. I know I sound like a commercial for Luma but not a day goes by without at least one Luma mention in conversation. This is a no brainer and one I wish other practices embrace. We are all busy but at the end of the day, I have a fiduciary responsibility to my board to identify and implement the best technology to help keep the organization successful.

Pros

It is difficult to say what I like most because there are numerous highlights that I would love to give credit. First, the ROI is solid. I have more than made back the cost of the program in filled slots. I have also had great success in converting inbound referrals to scheduled appointments. My online reputation management is more robust. The reporting details provided by Luma are above my expectation and one of the most valuable tools I rely on each month. Luma continues to add new features all the time. I am truly blown away by all this solution offers that I couldn't imagine why any practice deciding not to jump on board.

Cons

Nothing. Amazing staff, product, solutions. Can't say enough great things about Luma Health.

Rosie

Excellent Quality and User Friendly

Pros

Our practice has used Luma since its launch. It is extremely user friendly and is of excellent quality. Lets not forget that their team is extremely helpful and always follow up. We wouldn't plan on changing services. Thanks Luma Team!

Cons

We have not came across any issues with Luma Health so we cannot say that there isn't a thing that we do not like.

Response from Luma Health

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Rosie! We are so grateful for the partnership we've built over the last couple years, and we look forward to continue working together!

Angela

Customizable

We no longer have to make reminder calls! The reminder messages go out consistently, and it isn't a big deal to take someone off the list of receiving messages. Sometimes I have to search for someone by phone number, and LUMA lets me do that - our EMR does not.

Pros

I love that Luma gives us the opportunity to customize the messages that go out to our patients. We have used other software that didn't and this capability is huge for us. Luma sends a patient satisfaction question also, which feeds into an NPS score. Their reports give us good information. We can also send PHI secure text messages to specific patients, as needed. Luma has features that we haven't fully utilized, but the ones we use are so helpful. As far as support, the support team is very quick to respond and help resolve any problems!

Cons

Sometimes I just need to talk to a human, but the main communication is through email. There are times when a phone call provides greater clarity.

Reasons for switching to Luma Health

Luma gave us the opportunity to customize our messages, and it was less expensive.

Response from Luma Health

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Angela! We are so grateful for your partnership and your feedback, and we look forward to continue working together!

Michel

LUMA review

Very satisfied with the product. I recommend it to any practice who has the EMR connectivity for LUMA Health. It has decreased our staff time for them to be doing tasks that can easily be handled by the software, where as helping them to focus on other important items within the office. Their pricing is much lower then what the EMR wanted to charge us for the same tasks.

Pros

LUMA has built a variety of features that can be utilized in our EMR system, and they are steadily building their portfolio. Unlike other companies, they are very responsive and intuitive with ideas that perhaps they can build upon. For example, we use to have one company who provided new patient packets for patients to fill out and access, and then another company to process them. Now LUMA has taken that and within the same product, the patient can now get a reminder, fill out the form, and easily transcribe it into our EMR system.

Cons

Rarely, but some ideas do not go as planned or need to be reconstructed. The insurance verification side of the software is a great idea, but needs to accommodate for patients who have more the one insurance. Also would like to see this expanded to include rx cards as well.

Jainesh

Very easy to use software

apart from certain that things that can be tweaked here and there, the software is really nice.

Pros

the ability to send multiple broadcast and also unchecking certain individuals on the broadcast makes it easy and don't have to modify alot of things.

Cons

the software is bit glitchy, when a notification pops up on the pc and when u try to select certain inserts for the message the system lags for a second and then is finally after understanding that the user's cursor is hovering over an icon, the icon finally unlocks for lack of a better word to let to select it. there are other issues as for example some number that were imported on the system are actually disconnected and the system still recognizes them as vaild instead of defaulting to the next number or the email on file.

Reasons for switching to Luma Health

more features and easy of use.

Response from Luma Health

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review, Jainesh! We are so grateful for your partnership and your constructive feedback, and we look forward to continue working with you!

Marian Shayne

Luma Health Review

We've always been excited since the first time Luma was introduced to us. We've never utilized a software that met all our needs. Everyday we log into Luma with everything we need ready in front of us.

Pros

• Features such as virtual check ins, online forms and direct patient communication without phone delay truly are convenient for someone who deals with scheduling a lot. • The way Luma keeps track of everything from patient conversation history, logs of the user and even patient profile preferences help make our jobs easier. • Ever since the pandemic, waiting rooms were a challenge. But with the use of Luma, we were able to implement virtual waiting rooms such as patients waiting in their cars and sending us a message that they have arrived waiting for us to call them in - instead of them physically waiting in the facility.

Cons

Aside from the usual system lag (may it have been the software or poor connection) I would overall say Luma covers mostly everything a medical practice would need in terms of patient engagement.

Eileen

Still Loving Luma!

If we run into an issue, I have a specific person I can contact who knows my office and its needs. My person gets back to me the same day, usually within a few hours. We have implemented the SMS messaging from reminders to referrals to billing and more. The patient response has increased tremendously and we are able to customize the Luma programs to our specific needs.

Pros

I love the forward thinking and quick release of new features that actually work as they as should. Luma looks at the healthcare industry, the populations served and finds solutions to improve the quality of service to provide a better patient experience. Their support staff are very knowledgeable and are able to take care of any issues that might occur.

Cons

I haven't found anything that I don't like and that is something I can rarely if ever say about any company and its programs.

Reasons for choosing Luma Health

The capabilities of Luma and its potential for growth were important factors however the ROI was a major factor and Luma has been a win-win for us since day 1.

Alicia

Luma is an amazing addition to our Medical Practice !

it has been a wonderful experience, I don't see our office ever letting go of LUMA as its helped our office run more efficient as its like having an extra employee. Luma reminds patients about appt's. procedure instructions, address to the office or surgery center, sends out forms...I love LUMA! I am so happy that I came across it at on google .

Pros

its easy to learn and use and teach to other employees. I like that we can chat by text with our patients. alot of patients don't listen to the voicemail messages , Luma offeers detail text reminders for everything I can think of- Love this feature .

Cons

that it has yet to be able to collect patient co-pays and balances and apply to the patients individual account.

Reasons for choosing Luma Health

LUMA seemed very easy friendly to use- exactly what our patients need. needs to be easy to use as well as for staff to understand on how it works...the advertising for LUMA on google seemed "Friendly" and welcoming

Reasons for switching to Luma Health

ECW for Telehealth was to difficult for our patient to use to log on to the call as well as the Appointment reminder system ECW has is no good. Luma has more to offer

Cindy