What are Ovatu users saying about the software?

Read what people like you have said about using Ovatu software through verified user reviews

• icon"Its easy to use and does everything-the online booking facility is great."
  • icon"The ability to customize it in so many ways. We have a Laser Tag attraction that we needed to take reservations for in order to follow safety procedures due to Covid."
  • icon"I integrate with Stripe and Paypal so my booking and checking out process is seamless. I love the fact that everything is digital and I am 100% paperless and compliant for GDPR."
  • icon"Not much possibly too long numbers when buying vouchers I find adding treatments sometimes confusing for me we could have a choice of background or seasonal i.e. Christmas Easter summer etc."
  • icon"So far* inability to integrate with Square. I prefer it to Stripe, which does the job in the intervening period, and I've been advised that Square may be in the works."
  • icon"Just the odd fidly bit-But its really straightforward."

Browse all Ovatu Reviews

• Have you used Ovatu and would like to share your experience with others?

Pretesh

July 2022

Ovatu has changed our business for the better!

Overall Ovatu has helped increase sales and also allowed the client to have control of their bookings which again allows them to book more than they would have done if they had to call or email to book.

Pros

Ovatu has been a huge gamechanger for our business. We no longer have to spend time out of hours managing our diaries via pen and paper. The system puts booking appointments into the hands of the client. Its an absolute joy to see the alerts pop up on my phone or tablet showing a new booking. I even get clients booking in the early hours.

Cons

The only thing i can see missing from the system is the ability to request a deposit on the overall amount not just individual treatments. For example, if we have set a required deposit amount of £30 for high value treatments, a clients can book multiple lesser value treatments that total more than £30 but the system doesnt request a deposit. We have to then ask the client to bank transfer a deposit which sometimes for new clients can be awkward.

Reasons for choosing Ovatu

Having downloaded trial versions of many products, Ovatu became the leader due to its ease of use and low cost. It was easy to manage, update and control appointments on multiple platforms. Customer support is amazing and i usually get an answer within a couple of hours.

Sara

Everything you could ever need and more!

It has changed my life,I really rely on it! Customer service is always fab and so speedy!

Pros

I have recommended this to every single person I know in the industry. I have helped to set it up for 14 other beauticians just because I am such an advocate for the app! Not to be dramatic but it really is life-changing! The online booking makes it so much easier for both clients and myself; no going back and forth with messages. The reminders and online payments help to massively reduce no-shows, and the online card capture means that even when someone does no-show I can charge their card! I love that I can have all of my policies written in black and white and the client has to tick to agree. The forms are also a lifesaver; I have set the app to automatically email clients a form so that I have all info and it is stored securely. The reports are amazing as I can see exactly how much I'm earning, whether it was paid card or cash, I can see my most popular treatments and how much I earn from them. I could go on and on all day, I don't think there's anything that the app doesn't do.

Cons

The only minor things are that you cant do service add ons, eg if someone books their nails it would be helpful to have an option to add on nail art without ut being a whole separate treatment. Also the mobile app rota isnt very aesthetically pleasing in my opinion.

Reasons for choosing Ovatu

To be honest, i don't think that ovatu is the most enticing with the colour scheme and website layout. this is obviously very personal to me , but the only reason i went with ovatu is because i knew another beautician who used it, if it wasnt for that and it was laid side by side with another app then i probably would not have! I know some apps are free so this would obviously draw me in but i love ovatu now and wouldn't go to the hassle of chaging.

Terina

May 2022

Make it make sense

Frustrating!

Pros

Every feature you have screws up something else when it's implemented; if it doesn't work all together, it's USELESS! It makes no sense that adding resources , having multiple locations, adding an employee, or disabling a location disables the calendar from showing availability from the schedule, yet ALL of these things has screwed up my booking several times. It takes way too long to do ANYTHING on here, and after al the time spent, you have to go back and undo everything because it messed up something else. When creating a voucher simply clicking on all services or undoing the check on all services should be optional, but it is NOT, and that is ridiculous. Don't even get me started on your "support" staff, they are RUDE and disrespectful; not ONE time in the MANY times I've had to reach out, has anyone ever accepted responsibility for the way this software works (or should I say does NOT work), they instead blame me for not doing something right like I work for this damn company and know the intricacies of your system. NOTHING is as simple as the instructions. I have NEVER had to contact service on a software system, and I can't even count how many times I have to contact Ovatu support, and I hate it. You have what seems to be awesome features, but if they don't work what's the point?

Cons

It's unstable, inconsistent, and not user friendly...and support staff is terrible.

Reasons for choosing Ovatu

I just stated that above.

Reasons for switching to Ovatu

Because outside of add-on services, Ovatu had everything I needed, and then some.

Olivia

September 2022

Finally found a booking system that is perfect!

Easy to use and has so many great features. On top of that the customer service experience has been amazing. Being someone who isn't very computer savvy I am emailing and calling constantly to get assistance. Response time is fast and they are always happy to help.

Pros

After a year of having different booking systems that don't have every feature i am after , I stubbled across this. OMG finally a system has been creatwd that does everything im after. SO HAPPY!

Cons

Eventually i would like to be able to integrate with xero. However this is not so important at the moment considering all the other benifys and features.

Reasons for choosing Ovatu

All the feature's i wanted was on ovatu

Reasons for switching to Ovatu

Customer wasn't able to apply a discount code prior to making a booking.

Michelle

Wish I'd found Ovatu Sooner

Excellent! Cant fault it one bit, id highly recommend to anyone needing or looking in to an online booking system. Having looked into a few, Ovatu has came out on top and ticked all my boxes for business.

Pros

The simplicity of the set-up, online booking and ease of access for my clientele is fab!! Customer Service is second to none. Team are friendly and very patient especially when someone like myself calls in - tech shy and unsure. HELP GUIDE - WOW! now this is a great addition to the Ovatu Manager and set up, its easy to understand and the step by step instructions make it less of a task to take on yourself. The Help Guide will be useful throughout my time with Ovatu. My clients are now taking control of their own booking rather than me doing everything for them. Ovatu has given me time back with my family that I wasnt getting befere alongside time that was unpaid too. I just wish I done this sooner!!

Cons

I wouldnt say improve to be honest, i'd maybe say consider including: *Stock / Product spenditure : this way my invoice costs are recorded to tell me if im running at a loss or profit.

Reasons for choosing Ovatu

I chose Ovatu purely over their customer service and ease access to contact. Their genuinly keen to make sure you are getting th best out of your system. Their costs for whats included in your plan ticked all the boxes for me for what I needed not just for me but for my clients. It came recommended by a friend in the industry and once I'd used hers as a client the simplicity of booking online via Ovatu mini site is exactly what done it for me. Online doesn't need to be fancy or too technical, it just needs to be easy for those using it or it will never work. Especially when you have a range of Age groups using it. You have to consider everything and all involved. Ovatu was in my opinion the best option.

Emma

Absolutely Amazing!

Cant recommend enough! Works seamlessly, super reliable, clients love the online booking, but most of all the team are great! They have helped me out no end, nothing is too much trouble and they obviously realise no two businesses are the same, features have been tweaked to suit me.

Pros

Brilliant features! Forms are super helpful especially when they automatically send out! Online booking is great, I love how it integrates into my website seamlessly. Gap minimiser is wonderful too!

Cons

It would be easier if we could select multiple services to make a change ie buffer times or resources.

Reasons for choosing Ovatu

A combination of pricing and features. Ovatu doesn't feel like a huge company just trying to make money, it feels like you're here to support and grow small businesses like mine.

Reasons for switching to Ovatu

Fresha's pricing was confusing, expensive and the support was awful. As soon as I trialled ovatu I knew I needed to switch.

Melanie

Fantastic Product Fantastic Service

Love it!

Pros

I love the fact that no sooner do I think I wish I could ..... that I get an update saying the exact thing I was thinking about is now available! Ovatu is very client aware, it is looking for the solution just as you have identified the issue - and on the rate times I need help other than online ( generally me being dim) the customer service is the absolute best. Really glad I moved from Schedul to Ovatu best decision.

Cons

I am yet to find something I don’t like.

Reasons for choosing Ovatu

I contacted the team to ask some questions and was really impressed by the speed of response and their interaction with me - two names [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] have always been really helpful.

Reasons for switching to Ovatu

Schedul was moving over to Fresha - it seemed overly complicated and less intuitive - even though it was free I preferred to move and pay for more advanced functionality.

Will

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

What an Awesome Product

The support team have been totally awesome, they imported all my old appointments from my old system, so i have full client history. Always responded sometimes within minuets. Amazing team. Well done.

Pros

This software makes my life bliss. It has such advanced rules I can set for appointments, e.g. I can allow a a service type to be booked only at given times frames, that can be different each day, then on top of that, it works out what digital forms to send at a set time prior, and then goes a step further to pop up a form on the time of the appointment for staff to fill in. Customer love the booking site, the ease of use, the slick interface.

Cons

The form designer is a bit clunky, and needs to support pictures, and some better layout options, but I did find it responds to HTML tags so made the best I can.

Needed multi platform support and online form filling sue to Covid-19

Claire

May 2022

My business is able to be hugely successful because of this product but my review is on the support

I have two different businesses running on this software and it gives me all the information I need, there is so much this software can do and I often need help, the customer Service from the team is excellent and why I am writing a review, they are fast at responding and know exactly what I need every time

Pros

It's quite a daunting thing having your whole business on a bit of software but the team at Ovatu have been incredible support and know the product inside out so when I call for guidance they give step by step advice and email through a video to refer to afterwards.

Cons

I don't dislike anything, it does everything I need

I got recommended Ovatu

Jack

Excellent Booking Software For Small Businesses

Ovatu has been a great tool for my business in managing bookings and providing reminders to customers. Once set up it works really well, but you have to ensure the databases and diaries are well maintained. I tried the product sales pages as well but ended up not using these although I'm sure if set up properly these would be a great resource too. Ovatu also has some clever ways of marketing your services to your customers too and allows you to target specific demographics to optimise your message. The cost compared to other similar systems is fantastic and as mentioned all support and training provided is excellent.

Pros

Easy to use booking facility. Automated reminders reduce number of missed appointments. Integration with website and Facebook page. Ability to send group emails to different customers depending on demographic or tags.

Cons

Bit tricky to set up (although their support is very good if you get stuck). Must be well maintained and kept up to date or can get a bit messy. Card payment system integration could be improved.

Anna

Ovatu's stellar customer service is the cherry on top of a wonderful online scheduling program.

Pros

Love, love, LOVE Ovatu's customer service! I've received responses back as quickly as within a few minutes, but always within a day, even given our 14 hour time zone difference. I was born before personal computers existed (!), and I don't find these programs intuitive, but cust support rep and his crew have been nothing but welcoming and patient with each of my many questions. They are also very open to requests for improvements, and have made small program tweaks for me right away on a couple of occasions. Once I got the scheduler integrated into my website, I rarely need to interact with my clients before they come in for their appointments! I've had more than a few clients mention that they selected my business precisely because they COULD schedule online, without any phone tag delays. Clients really appreciate the email and text message appointment reminders, too (and I appreciate the lack of no-shows), and I love the automatic birthday reminder and review solicitation email follow-ups. The pricing is very affordable and, for everything that is included, is a bargain. I cannot recommend Ovatu enough. I am an extremely satisfied and very happy customer!

Cons

If I knew more about computers/coding, I think there are more features I could take advantage of. It took me a while to understand that there are some things that can't be done on the app and need to be done on the pc, although this is gradually changing. I'll sometimes see verbage on a form that doesn't make any sense to the layperson in me, but if I send in an inquiry to Customer Service, I get a clear answer.

Serina

Ovatu is the reason my company functions so easily in a paperless system! I absolutely love Ovatu!

Ovatu literally allows me to run my company. It is an affordable price for a small business like my own and I cannot recommend it highly enough! Even though there are a few little tweaks I'd like to see in the future, they are small when compared to all of the benefits I receive from the product in general. I am a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner and run my own company solo. Many NTP students are working to get their private practices off the ground and I always, always recommend using Ovatu for their schedule and invoicing needs. It's great! I had spent months searching for a program like this and when I found Ovatu, I never looked back! Thanks for a great program!!

Pros

I absolutely love how all of my most used items are contained in one place! Extremely flexible schedule, invoicing, appointment reminders, client reviews, online scheduling - it's fantastic. I spent so much less time going back-and-forth for scheduling with most of my clients because they can very easily add themselves to my schedule through my website. I can open up the Ovatu app on my smart phone and easily check my schedule for updates. Fantastic! I recommend Ovatu to everyone and couldn't be happier with customer service as they are always polite and prompt returning my questions.

Cons

There are only 2 areas in which I think Ovatu could be tweaked: 1) adding in some way to track a few more types of expenses to reflect on the bottom line for revenue (items such as rent, insurance, payroll cost, etc. which is a little bit more of a job for accounting software) to give a more accurate overall picture in the Reports section. 2) An improved note-taking system to allow for a little bit more flexibility. I'd love to have a way to store private SOAP notes after each consultation that can include PDF attachments or diagrams, and, at the same time, another section of semi-public notes (between me and that particular client only - through their log-in) that clients can log-in and see through the mini-site which would contain recommendations for them to complete between appointments.

Tami

My Virtual Assistant!

My overall experience has been really positive. The support staff are quite simply excellent, nothing seems too much trouble, they are always quick to respond and very polite.[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] all deserve a special mention for all of the above. It really does make a difference as a lot of companies have good products but are let down by their aftercare service which sadly is all we then associate them with. Ovatu are different their passion and knowledge of their product is excellent.

Pros

This software is super easy to use and manage. Once it has been setup it pretty much runs itself which gives me time to get on with my business. The online booking feature leaves me free to treat clients without having to spend time taking calls or replying to emails. My clients love the reminder service and ease of use. I integrate with Stripe and Paypal so my booking and checking out process is seamless. I love the fact that everything is digital and I am 100% paperless and compliant for GDPR.

Cons

There isn't anything I dislike about the software. I would like to see some integration of accounting software to make tax and end of year a little easier. It would be ideal if this could be an all in one package. I would also like to see an option to sell products as well as services through the booking process. The software already holds my stock data so this would certainly be a benefit as all sales would be handled in one area.

Reasons for choosing Ovatu

I liked the ethos of the Company, they came across professional and friendly. The pricing was great seeing as I am a sole trader. The product is always growing so new features are available and they listen to their customers needs and build their product around that. The software also had all the features I was looking for to handle all the admin and free up my time to focus on my clients.

Suzanne

Industry: Alternative Medicine

A great addition to my business. Has freed up my time significantly. Best of all my patients love it

Pros

Ease of client use. Significant reduction in time spent on the phone. Integration with payment system prevents no shows. Continual development and improvement of the software. Tech support is fantastic. Adaptable

Cons

Invoicing and receipts: It would be great if the send invoice or receipt option on the app included the full business header complete with tax numbers etc. At the moment, in order for the receipts or invoices to have enough information on them for taxation purposes, I have to login to my account on my computer, find the customer, select the appointment individually, open full sale, select print, select view full sale, select open pdf in my Preview application and then email each sale individually from Preview. Many of my patients request receipts at the end of a course of treatment so they can claim from their insurers. At the moment I can only send them individual receipts, which means I may have to send up to 10 emails per person if they had 10 treatments. It's time consuming and can't be done during clinic time. It would be great to be able to send one email for a date range that has all their payments, itemisation of sales and all my business header and tax info. It would be great to be able to get more specific Waitlist info from patients i.e specific dates and times e.g Jo Bloggs waitlists for Tues morning, Wed after 5pm, Thursday 1-3pm

Nicki

Ovatu Manager - the best booking software ever!

My experience right from the start of using Ovatu Manager has been superb. The support team and their after sales service is amazing. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in particular has been so very helpful. Everyone needs a [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in their lives that's for sure! So quick at getting back to me, always solving my queries - recently wanted to send different messages to different sets of clients and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as always, gave me a quick and easy solution enabling me to find out yet another great feature of this wonderful product. Thank you so much [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] You are a credit to Ovatu Manager.

Pros

I love everything about this product! It is the lifeline of my business. The booking reminders that are sent automatically are brilliant and certainly saves cancellations. It is so easy to use. Keeping all my customers updated, birthday reminders (nice touch), the way I can see at a glance the different treatments I have booked each day, being so user-friendly on my phone and laptop is essential.

Cons

There isn't anything I dislike about this software. It certainly ticks all the boxes for me and my business.

Reasons for choosing Ovatu

I looked at many different products at the time of starting my business but the reviews, explanation of how it works etc. made Ovatu Manager stick out as the best. I was right :-)

Melanie

I refer all my coworkers to ovatu! It makes life easier & gives me peace of mind.

Organization, peace of mind, back up storage

Pros

Having the option to send reminder texts/emails to clients is such a life-saver ! If I had to spend all my time after work texting & reminding people I would be exhausted. It is so nice knowing that a personalized reminder is always sent on time to them so that I don't have to! I also love the feature to save their formulas or pictures of my client's hair. The re-book feature is also great! No more counting weeks on a calendar, just hit 6 weeks and it tells you to the day where that is. I also love that everything is BACKED up! I had a phone crash on me years ago with all of my client's formulas and info on it, that was awful, never again!

Cons

A few things I've noticed that could be tweaked are, on the app it doesn't say the month in the header and when rebooking or looking ahead for an appointment it would be nice to know right away which month it is. Also, not sure if this is available & maybe I haven't utilized it yet but it would nice to have a report of which clients haven't made an appointment in (insert time requirement i.e. 12 weeks) and be able to send specifically those clients a personalized "we miss you, here's %10 off" message. Something along those lines.

Leanna

Ovatu makes my business better

I would think some of the benefits that I have received from having Ovatu, is just a breakdown of everything you do how many you do how much you’ve done how much you’ve made, and your time and exactly how much time you have left exactly how much time you have in between people,

Pros

I love the fact that I can login from anywhere no matter if I lose my phone my tablet my computer crashes etc., I can login from anywhere in the world or any device and check my appointments no matter what they cannot be lost. I love the fact that I can put in my prices I love the fact that it’s color-coded, and it will give me a detailed description and how much I’m making that week how much I have made in the past breakdown every single category and how many I’ve done and how many I have made doing that from years ago. I’ve had this for many many years and I am still a huge fan,it’s very affordable also.

Cons

I think the only con would be that it takes just a little bit more time than you normally would to make an appointment but the rewards in the end or so so worth it.

Jimmy

Ovatu Gives Me Time To Do Medicine

I recommend it to all my graduating students who go into running their own clinics. The product is great, the customer service is great - it would be silly not to use this program to run your clinic.

Pros

Ovatu is amazing. It makes managing bookings a snap and is very user friendly. With the option for me to book in patients or for patients to use the mini site as well as options of emailing campaigns, sms reminders and even taking payment. It is the only way I would want to run my clinic as it has been the smoothest system I've had the pleasure of using in the last 5 years (at other clinics and my own). It is also worth mentioning that the tech support and customer service are phenomenal. The Ovatu team really cares for their customers and are always on hand to assist with any problem I have had.

Cons

The minisite was a bit of a nightmare to set up (I have zero tech ability) but with the new updated site and also the constant customer support - this soon became one of the best features of Ovatu.

Diane

Your the best

Absolutely fantastic. I really could not ask for more, they have answered everything I asked and went above and beyond to help me when I just didn’t get something. The site is easy to use once you mastered it. They are friendly, are very professional and I love this software the cost for one member of staff is not bad at all for what you get.

Pros

This software has everything I need and use for me as a self employed user of Ovatu. When I first started a couple of years or so ago I only used parts of the software and I gained my confidence through the staff members to use the software more, I don’t use everything but maybe I will further down the line. The whole setup is just perfect they seem to have thought of everything.

Cons

Nothing is difficult when you know how on this site but I am not technically minded so I had to ask many questions.

Reasons for choosing Ovatu

The overall look of the software was lovely, I could have so much of my own input as to how things looked. And it was affordable to me.

rachael

Industry: Cosmetics

Love working with ovatu

My overall all experience is great I could not run my business without this product.

Pros

Working with Ovatu has made my job so much easier. I have multiple employees some renters some commission this makes it easy to see what employee I need to keep track of. Keeping track of daily money and product sales is very easy and helps me with taxes and book keeping. My clients love the online booking option and use it all the time. I travel for large parties and can take the program with me any where. Being able to see schedules right from my phone lets me see my books are full and money is coming in when I’m not in the shop. The price is amazing other booking products cost hundreds of dollars. Every time we need to add an employee the process is very quick and easy for them to learn. I’m so glad I found Ovatu.

Cons

I would like to be able to print receipts

Tom

Industry: Mental Health Care

Far and away the best booking software for a hairdresser and their clients,

Ovatu has provided the means for my independent small business to flourish above and beyond expectations.

Pros

The best thing about Ovatu is that clients actually use it. They speak of how easy , simple, and straightforward it is to engage with. These are individuals aged 17 to 71 from all different technological eras. This says something about the design and implementation. The biggest compliment to it's interface is that throughout the booking process, a client doesn't have to leave the experience to verify their email (and then re-log in). They see a booking, enter their details, and they are done. Customer support has always been stellar. High marks all around.

Cons

Would like to have certain elements (specifically on screen instructions during the booking process) be personalised. Would like to see the review system was better integrated with Google review guidelines.

Richard

Great experience from beginning until now, easy set up and transfer over, great training and support

Pros

The online booking is a great feature and ever growing area of our business. Very customer friendly and integrates well in the system. It's more simpler than other systems to use, streamlined to suit rather than having features that aren't really relevant or will increase bottom line value. Having sms reminder cost built into the pricing structure reveals more of what the actual costs of using are rather than having continual add on cost to the service. Reports again are streamlined as to what is relevant but able to be adapted to in more depth accounting and business summary. The new quick sale and re-book feature works well

Cons

The appointment diary view is a bit small on my browser view but is better on a larger screen so not really a problem. Booking and changing breaks in the appointment diary is a bit of a faf admittedly but just probably more so because of changing from another system which in this area was easier but did not include so many of the better features of Ovatu. Bar-code scanning with a bar-code scanner would be better for me from using in a browser but realise many use the apple app of which I don't use apple.

Cat

Streamlined my business! Been a loyal user for 4 year now and could never go back!

Pros

Very user friendly , I picked it up right away, no tricky learning curve. Super easy to customise by adding your services and prices etc and not too time consuming either. Excellent reminder system, sends out reminder email 48hrs before to minimise no shows. Easy to view scheduling I love that the IPhone version can be used offline to take bookings etc then automatically syncs up when it has signal easy to store client information excellent customer service, very quick to reply and have always answered all my questions and solved all my issues within days if not hours,

Cons

annoying that the google compatible version doesn't seem as advanced, wanted to upgrade to the Google pixel phone but the Ovatu app wasn't as good so had to stick to iPhone

Rachel

Best business decision I've ever made - for two different companies!

Pros

Fully customizable, easy to add services, tons of automated marketing, and the ability to send SMS messages. My guests rave about the ease of use for online booking integration, and I recommend the platform consistently. My contractors can view their schedules over a wide range of mobile devices and tablets, and have no syncing issues. Well done, Ovatu.

Cons

*So far* inability to integrate with Square. I prefer it to Stripe, which does the job in the intervening period, and I've been advised that Square may be in the works. Also, no customer service phone number / a significant (up to a day or more) delay in getting answers for issues when working through Facebook messenger. Thankfully, help isn't really needed much because it's such a stable, easy platform.

Karen

Extremely happy I found this APP for my business

I am able to run my business on my phone! Even when I bump into a client at the gym, I am able to book their appointment using my phone. Great App. Great product. Thank you!

Pros

Ease of use : Very easy to navigate the app. I love the reporting. Easy to see my profit for the day. I also get a quick response from customer support. My client enjoy receiving their reminders.

Cons

I find it easier booking clients using the app on my phone than on my computer. Too many boxes to click through before I can place the booking. I don't like the way the date is set out that I need to confirm a booking next to each time. Sometime it pushes times out to eg: 2:05pm instead of 2pm. It would be easier to put in a time at the top of the booking instead of scrolling down to find the time. Hope this makes sense!

Ovatu