• icon"Simple, easy to use, great team backing you up as an extension of your own organization."
  • icon"For small businesses or businesses just starting out the fact that there is no cost to the business is awesome. The small Peek fee is passed on to the customer."
  • icon"The onboarding team was amazing. Knowledgeable, efficient and very patient."
  • icon"The learning curve at first can be a little frustrating, but I think that is to be expected with any new software."
  • icon"The setup was layed out crazy no one could really understand it it would also take up too much time trying to figure it out."
  • icon"In some situations this created a problem because the customers account would have $250 in held funds until the original $100 was returned. We found a work around, but it wasn't ideal."

All Peek PRO Tour Operator Software Reviews

Jeffrey

Company size: 2 - 10 employees

Sleek customization + ease of use

Hallie

Great fit for our small rental & shuttle operation. Huge time-saver, very happy.

As mentioned above, we are saving a LOT of time answering fewer phone calls regarding booking kayak trips or questions about the kayak trips. The automated emails also help make sure that people don't miss their reservation, and they get a reminder of things they should bring and what time they need to be there, and we don't need to put in any extra work to make this happen. I put a lot of time into the initial set-up, but that was expected. It's very easy to use. I haven't had to call for support, but I would expect them to be very helpful if needed. Also, there is ultimately not much cost to do this. Peek charges a percentage on each booking (currently 6% i think), which most operators, including ourselves, add as a booking fee to the customer (which is pretty typical nowadays, so I don't have an issue with it). There was no additional set-up fee. I'm very happy. I was worried about how to integrate into Quickbooks on the accounting-side, but I've figured out some methods to enter the Peek sales that aren't very complicated.

Pros

Peek Pro has allowed us to easily add our reservations to our website, allowing customers to see what's available and book online. We can edit the schedule as needed, and the best part is the reduced call volume in our otherwise busy retail shop. Rentals and shuttles are a small part of our business, so we needed to streamline the amount of time it takes to manage it. Peek has helped tremendously! There is a lot of capability to the system, and you may have to find a few work-arounds to best suit your business, but all-in-all, I've been really impressed with the capabilities. The software helps us avoid over-booking, and it also automatically sends customized emails to remind people when and where they need to be. So helpful! The support team for set-up were very thorough and helpful as well. Once you get the hang of it, you should be able to do most everything yourself, but the support team will help get everything set-up initially, which is really nice. They have options of how to set up different types of operations, so it's good to have someone to work with.

Cons

No major complaints yet. Make sure you check through the email settings before you start using it, we had a few default emails that were still auto-sending that we should have customized sooner than we did, and I overlooked that they were sending out. There are a few small things I'd like to see updated eventually, like being able to customize and/or remove payment types (remove cash, for example), and also I'd like some more complex options for programming discount codes.

Response from Peek Travel

Hi Hallie! Thanks so much for writing this detailed review. It's been an absolute pleasure working with you, and we're so glad we've been able to streamline your business and save you time !

Replied July 2019

Miranda

Peek Pro

I switched from Fare Harbor a few years ago and I've had a pretty consistently good experience with Peek since then.

Pros

The customer service has been the beat feature by far. The software is relatively intuitive and well designed. I have multiple guides that are easily able to use it.

Cons

Other newer features are great in theory but haven't worked well for us personally like the tipping option. The embeddable review widget was terrible and did not update or work properly when I tried to use it on my website. I also wish there was a way to aggregate the answers to the question "how did you hear about us?" that customers answer at the time of registration. Also, it would be nice if the emails were more mobile friendly. It took me tons of trial and error to format them so they are readable on mobile phones, because that is how the majority of customers are viewing them, especially the day of the tour.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Before I switched, I asked a few other local businesses about their experience using Peek and they all endorsed it, although it's interesting that one has since switched to another software provider.

Reasons for switching to Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

I was really frustrated with their customer service and software and even after several months, they couldn't resolve an issue I was having with public vs private bookings. We ended up double booking sometimes and scrambling to accommodate everyone last minute.

Marriah

February 2022

Great for my complex needs

Overall, I'm very satisfied with the functionality of peek pro. Before, I had to manually create new bookings and import all viator bookings myself. Now, customers can make their own reservations without back and forth over the phone or email, and viator bookings are automatically blocked out when my calendar is full for each activity. I do like that bookings that I manually create do not have the booking fee and only the payment processor fee which is cheaper than Square who I was previously using. Peek Pro has been the only software that I've been able to find that can support my business' booking needs which offers tours and uber-like transportation services.

Pros

Customer service is great for solving issues and answering questions during the initial consultations and onboarding process. They really helped me find workarounds from my complex activity types. The embedded widgets look great and clean on the website, makes it so much easier for my customers to automatically book themselves a tour. I love that it connects with Viator so I don't have to manually block out my availability on multiple platforms. Payouts are also relatively fast which is important to keep my business running.

Cons

The software is a little dated looking and is confusing to figure out where certain settings are located. The calendar view is a little clunky. Scheduling activities in the calendar is slightly weird, I feel like you should be able to add scheduling information within the activity settings, but you have to create the actual availability in a separate area. Customer support was incredibly responsive during the first few onboarding weeks, but has been much slower after getting set up. Also, I wish there were options for annual billing rather than the 6% booking free on top of the payment processor fee for automatic reservations.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Other softwares were unable to easily let me book 2 pickup times for a single reservation for roundtrip services

Reasons for switching to Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

I wanted to automate my scheduling for my tours and connect my calendar with viator

Industry: Maritime

Bella Luna Yacht Peek Review

Pros

I do like having the capability of having an online booking calendar that my clients can book themselves.

Cons

All features do not work with all integrations. I need my Peek Calendar to sync with my Google Calendar. But, Peek will not integrate with Rental Bookings. The affiliate program (partner program) is WAY too basic. I need to be able to assign each affiliate their own unique affiliate code that they can promote along with graphic ad assets and more comprehensive reporting.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

I was deceived by your sales rep, Garrett, who stated I would be charged a flat rate of $35 per booking and nothing more. By the time we started seeing bookings and the additional charges for everything, it was too late. I'm SUPER disappointed in this bait and switch tactic.

Jill

November 2022

New Reservation/Ticket System

We are in the early stages of booking with our new Peek PRO software, but so far so good. We have been pleasantly surprised with the lack of calls to the office needing assistance when booking. We have found it to be very user friendly. The support and help have been amazing as well!

Pros

The feature liked most is for customers to have an at a glance view of availability of different tours and times. Also, the reschedule feature link on the confirmation email has been such a time saver for my team!

Cons

How the waiver works has been our least favorite about this software. It requires all guests to sign the waiver but will not allow the same email to be entered more than once which is an issue when it is a couple who share the same email. Maybe more of a check here if you agree with the terms and conditions would simplify this step.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

It was a USA based company and the cost

Reasons for switching to Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Eventbrite was just not a good fit for our event. It did not support multiple dates, times, and ticket types on the same event. It was also costly and required a one-year agreement with exclusivity on ALL events we had! The only support was via chat after we were told they had 24 hour phone support with a live person.

Maryellen

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

August 2022

Easy to navigate reservations software for our small company

From the beginning support and ease of use were evident. Their app is convenient for myself and our employees.

Pros

User friendly software with a great support system and timely updates that help me with my business.

Cons

I would like to be able to create an auto text with my own verbage.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Support, support, support! The App was a big plus as well

Coral

February 2022

Dishonest practices, poor organization, slow reply times, high turnover, frequent glitches- to avoid

I had been a client for about 5 years. In September 2021, a random representative started to text me on my personal cellphone saying I needed to speak to one of their account execs for an account review. I asked to please email these details and to not contact me on my personal line. They said they couldn't e-mail and that I must speak on the phone. They continued to text until I blocked them. I made a formal complaint as they didn't respect my boundaries and continued to call and text me at odd hours. Turned out they needed to speak because they were switching to a new version and my former price plan (less than 3%) was no longer valid. I said I'd be finding a different provider based on the odd way they went about informing me of these changes and refused to e-mail as requested. I wasn't interested in paying more, frankly the software overpromised & underdelivered. They offered me a 3% processing fee model in a bid to keep me as a client. I agreed to the offer. They had me sign a contract for 3% and promised I'd be upgraded to premium support as was one of my complaints (poor customer service, having to DIY fixes, lack of functions/excessive workarounds, etc). I later discovered Peek was taking an extra 3% from payouts not disclosed in the contract. I complained. A higher up rep acknowledged what the account exec had done, but wasn’t going to honor the contract. Then when I asked to honor, they decided to terminate my agreement instead of honoring the contact.

Pros

Anything good I could say about this software is offset by the fact the business is poorly organized. If they could honor agreements, improve communication, improve turnaround time to repair glitches, and actually have a robust system with a stable service team- it could merit a 6% ticketing fee model as it has a lot of potential, just a poorly organized company with questionable ethics.

Cons

I was promised a 3% pricing model, provided a contract then discovered charges later that were not disclosed in the contract they had me sign. When I complained and asked for this contract to be honored, they decided to terminate my account instead. So essentially- the biggest con is their customer service. The software itself is not too bad, no software is going to be perfect. However, the customer service practices and frequent turnover in staff even pre-2020 (i.e. inexperienced support team as they are constantly staffed by newcomers) make it irreconcilable. Lots of glitches anytime udates to software were made and slow response times for fixes, a lot of staff were unfamiliar with software so my account has a lot of unnecessary work-arounds (like for dynamic pricing)

March 2022

Take a peek at Peek

Keeps me out of the the scheduling loop.

Pros

It's clear, straight forward and offered a solution for a single resource multiple tour operator

Cons

It doesn't make sense to me a non-technical user. However, customer service is excellent at listening to me and directing me to the information and answers I need.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Sales listened to my scheduling need and presented a solution. The others customer service were not as accessible.

Jim

More impressed every day

From the booking/scheduling side, this software has made running our business effortless.

Pros

The support team has been absolutely wonderful. Every time I have a question or want to change something they have been a pleasure to work with.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about this software.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Pricing, features and overall better feeling while talking to the representative during the product demonstration.

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID - Especially if you want to get your money.

I was actually beginning to fully understand the Peek software and finding more useful functionality but the accounting side of the house is a disaster. Payouts take forever. For a tour booked June 7 I still do not have the funds today, June 15. I had a recapture on a security deposit May 8 but as of today still do not have the funds. Nearly $1200 in damage to a rental vehicle I paid to repair but waiting 6 weeks for customer funds. If you issue a refund to a customer even before you get the money, they give you the money then put your account in arrears and stop paying out any reservations even when they have far more money than the arrears balance. Customer chargebacks are in a vacuum. The dispute department ignores all of your emails and does not reply to your response to the chargeback so you even know if they are advocating for you. This has been a terrible experience. If you want to get paid for your reservations or damage deposits timely, I recommend avoiding Peek at all cost.

Pros

Some of the features are useful. Steep learning curve if you are new to this type of software but I do think the list of features is robust.

Cons

Calendar is impossible to look at if you have several products. Does not have all the functionality I need. What I really disliked most about this company is the accounting department. Accounting is the weak link with Peek. Most of the customer service representatives are very nice and try to be helpful but accounting hides behind customer service representatives that are there for technical support and other concerns. You have to call and call for answers. They do not get back to you, no system for escalating issues. Requests to speak to managers are ignored. Unless you call and call there is no movement on your concerns and some customer support representatives are downright rude.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Peek was recommended to me by my web developer. They did a great job on my website and let me know Peek is fully integrated with them. Because they did such a great job, I gave Peek credibility they did not earn and didn't even shop it.

Mike

Lots of Bells and Whistles with lots of bugs and loose ends that leave you wanting more

Pros

It allows people to make reservations. It works well on most websites. You can embed it or link to their site. They have humans to answer the phone and relatively short hold times when doing so. Most of the Customer Service Agents are very polite and concerned about your issues. They are great at making you feel like they care about you.

Cons

They include taxes in the price of our tours and rentals. But, then include a section called "Taxes and Fees" but only include their fees. This makes us look like we are charging more than we advertise. When asked about this I was explained that it was easier for them this way. We can generate a special report if we want to see it subtracted. I don't think they see the point. They allow holiday rates, but those holiday rates cannot be increased by a dollar amount to match your policy. They can only increase by a percentage. This is just one of many feature requests we have been waiting to see. They spend more resources on talking to customers than they do fixing the issues customers face. We have called in for many things over the months and can always talk to a Customer Service Agents. And they are good at understanding your frustration and try hard to help relieve the situation. The issue is that they cannot actually fix your problems. At this point we have 2 actual bugs reported that are effecting our in-season sales. They are working on the problems at least but it's been over 2 weeks since I filed a serious report, and over 2 months since filing a less serious one. That one has presented itself again since filing it. Peek actually bought our previous rental software company and ditched their software which had features we relied on. Since then we have been doing our best to get by with lesser software. I hope we can find a better solution.

February 2022

Simplify your life by using Peek PRO to manage your business

Switching over to this feature-rich software platform was one of the best decisions that I could have made for upping the game with my charter operation. From tracking sales to creating trip manifests and being confident that all passengers are paid in full is a great feeling.

Pros

Peek Pro is very intuitive and has the added bonus of being easy to train your staff to use.

Cons

I do feel there could be a more efficient manner in which to handle situations wherein an event has to be cancelled due to poor weather or other uncontrollable circumstances. As currently configured, it is somewhat clumsy and there are problems keeping track of outstanding re-booking credits for those customers that were booked onto a trip that had to be cancelled.

Reasons for choosing Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

User-interface is superior to other produsts that were considered.

Kenneth

Industry: Recreational Facilities and Services

September 2022

Beyond Rentals

From the first contact through onboarding and beyond I have always felt the

Pros

Rental programs rely heavily on the support staff and ability to easily navigate. The superb support is what keeps loyal and the fact I feel my voice is heard for new features

Cons

The software currently lacks the ability to track service or hours of use for our product for maintenance but does allow to identify specific product at time of rentals

Eddie Risser and Jarrod Swanson were amazing emissary for the product

Reasons for switching to Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Support was lacking and at the time no affiliate programs

Rindy

Peek is great!

Overall it's been a success. Clients book, show up and are already paid for upon arrival.

Pros

I like that I can set it up and it runs it's self. It's easy for clients to use and the backend isn't too complicated.

Cons

I wish it had more elaborate features for creating promo codes. I feel it's still rudimentary.

Reasons for switching to Peek PRO Tour Operator Software

Peek was less expensive and the backend was way easier to manage.