All SalonIQ Reviews

Alicia

Best software for hair salons

Two way texting has reduced no shows and late cancellations, GAS has given us a great marketing tools without spending lots on advertising. Advantage being able to monitor its results and the money it is bringing in. Overall its amazing.

Pros

So easy to use (and I am a real technophobe) , amazing training at the beginning and continues as and when you need it. Online support is brilliant with manuals all being at a touch of a button. The telephone support is second too none, everyone is so friendly and helpful and they never make you feel like your asking a silly question. I am not a hairdresser personally and knew nothing and Representative held my hand and set everything up, the great thing is she is a hairdresser and they have a hairdressing business so they know what we need and to implement in. Seriously I couldn't of done it without her. Two way texting is amazing, the GAS has brought us amazing customers through our door without splashing out on loads of advertising but getting clients to recommend and they and their friends get an amazing offer. They have just started a weekly email to owner/managers regarding weekly targets which is totally fab as it saves time looking at different reports, its all produced on one email each week. Staff can access their own diary and see what clients they have and you can restrict on what can see and can't see and do. What more could you want, everything you need in one package at a very reasonable price.

Cons

I will be glad when there is just one main system as we have to swap to the hub, but thats mainly because Im not very good at getting to grips of this other system.

Reasons for choosing SalonIQ

Cara did our online demo and besides the software it was her that sold it to us. She made it so easy to use, had so much patience and told us as we knew nothing what we should be looking for and how to set targets, access etc. None of the others compared especially when it came to value for money and what the system could do for us.

Jezz

Restoring Faith in Salon IT Systems

We had a real problem with our previous supplier. Broken promises, failure to deliver, contractual issues and above all their management team's failure to understand our industry. Salon IQ in comparison has been a breathe of fresh air, great people to deal with and i look forward to many years of working together.

Pros

The team at Salon IQ just get it! Fundamentally we liked the people, they are honest, genuine people who know the hair and beauty industry and have a superb product which works. They don't hide behind small print and lengthy contracts like many of the systems out there. The system works, it's easy to use and provides accurate information. It's cloud based so can be accessed remotely from anywhere, plus there are no additional licence fees for remote access. The install process is smooth, transitioning nearly all data across to Salon IQ from previous system. The support and install team are excellent, with a wealth of knowledge and they go the extra mile to ensure things are done perfectly. They don't sell hardware so you won't get stung by paying thousands for a PC which doesn't then do the job, as we experienced with previous suppliers. And if the PC crashes, you can access Salon IQ on any other system. We love the stock control app, making it easy to complete stock takes and we're loving the loyalty app. They appear to be working hard on future advances so all this sets us up well.

Cons

Like all systems, there will always be the odd tweak or report which we'd like as bespoke, but we respect I-Salon's honest approach in trying to avoid inconsistent reports and when they think it won't work, they politely let us know, we appreciate that.

Liz

Salon is review

Lots of teething issues, I feel as a product it’s a bit over priced for what it is.

Pros

A good system with potential, booking clients in is simple and quick

Cons

Customer service needs improving, a more mobile friendly app as the hub is awful.

Response from Intelligent Salon Software

Hi Liz Let us know what is lacking in support your review doesn't say ?, if we don't know we can't improve your experience. We pride ourselves on the best support in the industry. UK based, telephone and live chat support is all included, you don't get this with a lot of other products. Less drama as its cloud and you can simply switch on the tablet. £57 per month is seen as more than reasonable considering we have competitors charging twice this for half the features. We will be in touch to make sure you are as happy as you can be and enjoy SaloniQ growing your business in the years to come.

Garren

Overall the experience has been great, from onboarding through to day-to-day use.

Pros

We use SaloniQ across three salons, two hair and one beauty, it just works! Scheduling, client online booking, stock control all work a treat. What really stands out is the customer service, the help module is amazing and the response time to a query is very short. The piece of mind with a cloud-based solution is great, in the past, we have had to recover from hard-drive failures and loss of data, this isn't the case here! There are some downsides to working in the cloud, which I'll detail below. Also, the ongoing support with webinars and support documentation is invaluable, I don't believe I have seen this kind or support elsewhere. Overall the system is intuitive, easy to use (especially for the less tech-savvy employees) and quite foolproof. The ongoing development is also fantastic.

Cons

As I mentioned above working in the cloud is great but you never really feel like you own your data, this isn't a SaloniQ problem, more in the way of working. Manipulation of data can be very cumbersome, for example when wanting to edit bulk data, the item by item approach is very time consuming and frustrating. Silly things like when booking out (holidays/sickness etc.) it defaults back to the current month for the end date, why not after the initial start date!! My issues are minor niggly problems which I am sure will be worked out over time, there are not any major disadvantages/problems with SaloniQ

Response from Intelligent Salon Software

Hi Garren, Thank you so much for your review. We are so pleased your enjoying the system.

Replied April 2018

Salesman should be careful with what they promise

It's like I salon just web based . I like the reports available. The year on year comparison is always great for a quick health check . I would really like a phone call as the deposit system still isn't set up and I have done everything I can

Pros

Internet access to the diary . Internet booking and the chat button to customer services . Although I have to keep looking up conversations because a response can take a while it's more like a three week conversation.

Cons

Not being able to access reports from the hub . Not being able to set up internet booking deposit. Costing more than my previous software. It seems that our internet connection which is 9/14 Mbps isnt fast enough for big reports or to operate the software quickly . If I need a faster connection this could cause me a few problems with our telephone system

Response from Intelligent Salon Software

Thank you for your feedback. I would like you to contact me directly David Levine CEO if you feel the salesman was not 100% with you. It appears you are not 100% happy and I would like to make sure you are. The deposits are straight forward to setup and you should not be paying more than your previous supplier unless you are using more of the features, we pride ourselves on grear Value for money and as a salon owner myself, I am committed to providing the very best to our clients. The fact that you say it is just like i-salon means you can not be using the system effectively as it has many significant benefits over i-salon. I would strongly recommend you undertake a free system review with us and we can see how you can get more from your system. It is a shame you felt you had to remain anonymous as we would obviously like to make contact with you and address all these issues.. All the best. David Levine

Replied September 2018

Jody

Allows me to work on my salon not in it and provide big company high level guest experience

Pros

We are currently transitioning to the hub and all stylist are using tablets this is further improving our guest experience. The frequency of updates and improvements is excellent meaning the software is actually responsive to business needs. The management side is great and allows me to both motivate my team and keep a strict control on finances stock and clients. GAS is genius and has been the single most effective tool in building my business. Congratulations on GDPR its great and with the tablets now it shows clients just how professional we are. I have worked with computerised salon management systems for 22 years and this is by far the best.

Cons

Support is poor I just want to talk to someone and get the problem sorted it is no good waiting for a response on chat which is often sometime. I would also like education on the more complicated features as feel I could make better use of the system. Staff clocking in clocking out and a timesheet that linked to xero would be amazing, in fact full integration to xero would be amazing.

Response from Intelligent Salon Software

Hi Jody, Thank you for your review. Sorry to hear you feel support do not respond quick enough via the chat. This is closely monitored however to speak to the support team directly please call 01892280123. One of the team will be in contact to schedule more training for you.

Federico

SaloniQ is brilliant

SaloniQ is a brilliant and very powerful hair and beauty software system, easy to learn to operate and very comprehensive to assist your business

Pros

SaloniQ is the first cloud based salon software i used, coming from iSalon computer based for 18 years. I think is so much better with a cloud based software, accessible from multiple devices and if your computer fails you can used another. We have two computer at reception in our salon plus one in the office and another on salon floor. Plus iPads and iPhones access. Brilliant. The software is very powerful and full of features, more than I use.

Cons

If your internet is down, there's no access to the system. You need a very fast internet connection to operate the system well, over 10 Mbps is minimum. So if you don't have a good internet the system is very slow.

Response from Intelligent Salon Software

Hi Federico, thank you for your review. In terms of speed, much like Amazons shopping website our service to you can only be hampered by a slow machine or slow broadband (or both). UK average here is 38Mbs so if thats what you are paying for and only getting 10Mbs this is a question for your provider. However we do have many sites all happily using our service at that level of speed. I will request a salon broadband expert to deliver a free diagnostic report for you.It maybe that you are getting a higher speed, but spotify streaming, other apps, and other users are draining your broadband. Lets get a full report to you to get a better picture. Once again thanks for your review.

Replied August 2018

Zeynep

CLEVER SOFTWARE

Pros

We have started using SaloniQ three years ago and never looked back. It has so many functions that I am still learning to use. It has so many benefits but just to name a few, this system allows you to book appointments in a few seconds, move and change the times, days if needed, with just a click. You can find a client in many different ways, merge them if by mistake their names appears twice. If you have a problem the chat is there to help you and they come back very quickly. Cashing up at the end of the is very easy and if you have made a mistake there are many ways to rectify this. It seems like they have thought about everything to enable users to navigate easily and quickly.

Cons

I wish all the chats were saved in the archive. They are but only for a certain period of time.

Response from Intelligent Salon Software

Thank you for your review. Very much appreciated.

Ian-Paul

Industry: Cosmetics

Great features with ongoing development

Able to monitor performance in numerous different ways. Great having chat support easily available.

Pros

The adaptability for individual needs. The opportunity to contribute to its development. The work in conjunction with 365 Hair to develop a platform that allows for positive salon management.

Cons

Often buggy with functions that don't work. Error messages pop up. As cloud-base, if internet goes down there is no plan B unless you have mobile coverage.

Response from Intelligent Salon Software

Thank you for your review Ian-Paul. Working with partners within our industry Is very important to us. Owning and running salons ourselves has always helped us to develop and provide the information salon owners need to see. Working with technology comes the challenges with bugs. We feel our support and development team have a good system in place to correct any that arise in a sufficient time frame.

RYAN

Best on the market

A a management consultant in the hair & beauty industry I relly heavily on good software to manage the business and make good decisions. salon IQ is the best system on the market for most things

Pros

Dashboards and being cloud based means it easy to see everything at a glance

Cons

A few more reports would be good in some areas

Response from Intelligent Salon Software

Thanks Ryan

Jade

Absolutely brilliant salon software

Pros

It's incredibly easy to use and if there is something that we need help with the support team are great.

Cons

There's no App! An app would make it so much more effective to use . In today's busy life an app is needed for everything!!

Response from Intelligent Salon Software

Hi Jade, Thank you for your feedback, we are pleased to hear your enjoying the system. We have the HUB for day to day use of the system aswell as an online booking app. One of the team will be in contact to go over these with you.

Jane

Very impressed so far

problem solving and technical support is great and having used 3 other companies, I am finding this the most successful so far

Pros

I love the features request function. Anything you wish to implement or change, it can be done. The flexibility is brilliant.

Cons

The fact the technical sold isn't on the scaresheets. Massive pain as all our past figures have been worked out with the tech sold added into the professional take

Response from Intelligent Salon Software

Thanks Jane, fabulous review. We are looking into the scare sheet report. I believe this is a configuration issue. I've logged a call with support and will escalate this for you.

Replied September 2018

julie

brilliant

Pros

its easy to use and they are very helpful. always ready to up date with new ideas. staff love it and it works well in all departments barbers salon chiropractor beauty and tanning.

Cons

few hick ups with cloud, but i can't think or anything else. so will just have to write thank you

Response from Intelligent Salon Software

thankyou

Industry: Writing and Editing

Exceeded my expectations

I was very nervous switching over to salon IQ but our rep was there from day 1 to help support myself and my team. I love the fact that our rep was once a stylist in a busy salon so completely understands our needs. Online web training is fab and I feel I’ve a good enough relationship with our rep to even ask the silliest question . Lots of features and constant training .

Pros

It’s very simple and easy to follow.I'm loving the ‘ dashboard’ which I follow throughout the day to see how the salon is doing overall . Lots of features which help me understand my buisiness.

Cons

I have no issues with salon IQ. It’s simple and easy

Kristina