• Pros

• "Easy to use for myself as well as clients making appointments. Fast, and accurate. I no longer have to stop what I'm doing to answer the phone. "

• "I like the how my schedule comes up for the day. The reports, easy usage."

• "User friendly, works well on phone as well as computer. Easily integrates with my website to make it easy for clients to schedule "

• Cons

• "Set up can be a bit time-consuming, but what do you expect from such a robust, all-inclusive platform? It goes well beyond the scope of "just a pos" or "only a scheduling app". "

• "For a while it was not compatible with Android, they have since created and Android app. Sometimes tough to get in touch with customer service "

• "I wish it had more features but I'm overall very satisfied "

Browse Square Appointments Reviews

Thomas from Sharp Eye Visuals

Industry: Photography

Best way to schedule and keep track of appointments

Pros

I have been using Square appointments for awhile now with my photography company and love the way it works. It is easy for customers to make appointments and the software helps to make sure I have time everyday to get it done. It is easy to setup on your current website and start scheduling appointments.

Cons

I currently like everything about this software.

Heidi from Heath Chiropractic & Acupuncture

Online Scheduling for Chiropractic Practice

Square appointments is great for my chiropractic practice. Online scheduling is convenient for my customers and my staff. The platform is very user friendly, and easy to set up. My customers love the option to schedule online and ability to modify their own appointments. Appointment reminders have reduced the number of missed appointments.

Pros

Square appointments is extremely user friendly for my employees and for my customers. Email and text reminders reduce missed appointments.

Cons

It would be nice to have a feature that would allow you to schedule recurring appointments on certain days of the month (ex: 1st and 3rd Fridays).

Price, reviews

Lucille from Trs Lucy

Easy All-In-One System

I would highly recommend Square Appointments for a simple system that is elegant and user-friendly.

Pros

Square Appointments is great because it alleviates one less account you need. It handles merchant processing, product inventory, client records, appointment deposits and more.

Cons

I don't like the look/functionality of the embedded scheduling widget. It doesn't blend well with most websites and is very noticeably a square application. (Which I suppose is great/strong branding on their part)

Reasons for Choosing Square Appointments

The pricing of Square was optimal as well as their integrated payroll system for my team.

Ren from QB

Promising but very limited

Limited feature set for the price compared to cheaper more feature-rich alternatives available on the market. It's year 2016, and makers of this software still haven't implemented a simple feature like service name showing in the booked time slot when staff view the calendar. Unless you're using their iPad app their web calendar interface is horrible. Worst of all, this system is so primitive that it forces customers to enter full name, phone, and email address EVERY SINGLE TIME to book an appointment. The only reason we switched to Square Appointments in the first place was to prevent no-shows by activating "Hold Card for No-Show Protection". This feature is half-baked because there's no way to save card info for future bookings. As of November 2016 no improvements have been made to mitigate that despite their tech staff promising to fix it when we first signed up with them in May 2016. I have sent them tons of usability improving ideas but only a few were addressed. We're on the verge of canceling our account with them because our clients constantly complain about what I described above, but worst of all we've noticed major decline in booking conversions from even our current clients, let alone newcomers. It holds promise, it is just not ready for prime time.

Pros

It has a dedicated iPad app.

Cons

Customer has to fill out his name, email, phone and credit card every single time appointment is booked. That's annoying and enough to steer even the most loyal customers away.

Jennifer from Real Talk Therapy New Orleans LLC

Industry: Mental Health Care

So Easy To Use, Business Generating

Square Appointments has been fantastic for driving business to my private practice, as many people do not want to make a call or send an email to get started in therapy, but would prefer to just book an appointment. Also, it saves me time and energy with scheduling clients because we do not have to go back and forth discussing availability - they can just look at the calendar through the booking widget and book their own appointment.

Pros

I love that it enables my clients to easily make appointments online and sends them automated reminders, that I don't have to be involved in sending.

Cons

If you encounter a problem it can be very difficult to find the contact number for customer service through the square site.

Reasons for Choosing Square Appointments

I actually just ultimately switched from Square appointments to simple practice, even though I had a fantastic experience with Square Appointments - because I had trouble with Square Point of Sale and the additional capabilities with Simple Practice were very helpful and desirable. If I had not had issues with Square POS I likely would not have switched. I would still recommend Square Appointments to other small businesses.

Vanessa from The Makeup Maffia

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Stress free appointments

This allows me to spend more time focusing on the clients rather then excusing myself to answer my phone. I also no longer have to carry my appointment book with me. Everything is right there!

Pros

Cons

Other then the allowance I could give myself by speaking to the client booking their appointments.... I have nothing bad to say about this!

Meredith from Body Alchemy

User friendly with many functions

Using Square appointments has made it easier for clients to book appointments online without the inconvenience of having to call.

Tiffany from TruTresses

Appointments

I have a wonderful time using square and I recommend it to everyone I know thats in business

Pros

I love that Im able to link my business ventures together as far as appointment setting and use of the online store.

Cons

What I didnt like was the monthly fee but thats gone now

Reasons for Choosing Square Appointments

I chose square because I had already had experience with it through another company and I loved it alot

Swaroopa from Precious Pixels Photography

Industry: Photography

Great addition to Squareup

I like it overall because of the fact that scheduling and invoicing are on the same platform. But it's a little confusing while setting it up.

Pros

Having both appointment scheduling and invoicing on the same platform, the option to embed the scheduler on website

Cons

It definitely has a learning curve on setting the availability for different appointments. When I change availability for one service, the other services also reflected the changes which is not what I wanted. It took me a long time to figure out.

Natasha from Skin By Nas

Square

I like square i just hope they tie up the loose ends to their POS

Pros

I like that square allows you to take any major card payment. Also you can charge client directly from client profile it also allows you to save a card on file for your client for further purchases.

Cons

The cons about square appointments are you cannot take deposits before appointment. Also the processing fees are a bit much. Recently Ive had to reach out to them about fraud emails and scams Ive been getting.

Avril from ME&C INC

Set your Appointments and get Paid in One

I needed a way to have clients schedule consulting and also pay for the time immediately. Before I was utilizing several online platforms that were not linked .

Pros

The ease in which you are able to set up the system was delightful,non invasive and efficient. I also like the fact someone can select from a menu to better customize their engagement with the process. ANd the mobile app is nearly identical to the desktop version which makes travel mode more efficient.

Cons

My initial set up was separate from my Square account however it is now an integral component. The new integration removed the need to work

Vesta from Stitch Texas

Excellent saas

This appointment system has changed the way we work and increased our revenue. And the regular updates are incredibly useful, systematically solving one issue after another. We are so happy with this service.

Pros

-have customers pre-pay for appointments -manage multiple types of appointment and multiple employees -fine tune cancellation periods -charge cancellation fees -useful analytics

Cons

-While there is a client list, which is great, it does not connect back to the charges or appointments made by that client, so it's very difficult to backtrack and figure out how a client has interacted with your company. For instance, a client calls and gives you their name and would like to cancel an appointment for a refund. The easy thing would be to find their name in the client list and see their appointment and charge, click over and cancel and refund. Right now, you'd have to click through and find their appointment by looking week-by-week. It gets even harder if someone has canceled the appointment. Then there's no way to find the payment they made, e.g. to verify that they've been refunded.

Denise from Balanced Out Massage

Professional Edge

My business is a referral based appointment only business. I have tried two other online schedule systems prior to square. Both proved to be complicated and confusing for myself and my clients causing many missed appointments by both of us. Since Square not only has my appointment calendar run like a well oil machine but I have been able to add therapists and because its so interactive I am able to now schedule for a massage client who would like to try a facial. Also, it is extremely easy to adjust the services to allow for monthly specials.

Pros

Easy to use both for my staff and clients. Interactive, staff can view and help manage each others schedule. Also, can block off time if needed.

Cons

I really havent found anything I dont like with this system. Extremely pleased

Cory from Cory Moore Chiropractic

Loving it!

I love using square appointments. It is easy and convenient. Changes are quick and patients love the reminders.

Pros

I like the reminder portion the best. Patients get their reminder immediately after setting the appointment and then again 2 hours before. I also like how it lists their prior visits.

Cons

I would love to be able to click on a patients name on the appointment screen and then scan their card so that it would track more of the individual services. I would also love to be able to use it from my desktop computer.

Amazing

It's a really easy program and I love using it.

Pros

It's free... but incredibly easy to use! It works well, syncs with my google calendar and makes scheduling appointments easy for my clients! Moving things around and editing services is easy too which is HUGE!

Cons

I wish they had a more user friendly interface with more options when it came to storing client info. I'd love more detailed options for notes as well as a way to store images and view them side by side for before and afters- it was almost a deal breaker. They have said this will come in the future as a LOT of people have requested this but nothing has been done.

Jaree from Jaree Whinery LMT

Great Product!

This is a wonderful product. It makes owning a small business very doable. Most companies only offer of part of what square offers all in one package. They are easy to communicate with but rarely need to do so. I also like that if you don't want some of the services you have the option not to pay for them if you do not need that service.

Pros

I can find everything I need in owning a small business all in one place. Other companies do not do everything that square provides in one.

Cons

Services are more tailored to a product based business as opposed to a service based business making some of the features a little more difficult to utilize like I would like to use them.

Isaias from Ike's Electric

August 2016

Great app - I wish the mobile version was as seamless as the desktop version

This program is great, and is simple to use. For the mobile app, it would be great to be able to pull up pending appointments in a list format. Also, it would be very helpful to be able to overwrite calendar entry data in google calendar instead of using the square app.

Pros

I like that the software automatically sends text and email reminders -- my customers really appreciate that.

Kathleen from Rufftimes Grooming

Satisfied Customer

I started using the square in 2012 my business has grown thanks to all of the benefits and tools that the square has offered I recommend them always to all my clients who are going into or already have businesses.

Pros

I like the ease of the square, from the on line scheduling to my daily deposits, it just makes life alot easier everything i need is at a touch of a button . Thank you.

Cons

I havent found anything that I dislike.

Beth from Fringe Benefits Eyelash Extensions

Auto Pilot Appointments!

Wow, I love it, my clients love it, don't know how I would operate without it... Fifty percent of my clients book without me ever emailing/texting/calling. They request an appt, I accept, they show up. Totally frees up my time, don't even need to make "reminder" calls anymore.

Pros

Ease of use for both me and clients, easy to write notes and track clients, easy to do personal notes to clients on confirmation, can instantly track history. Great communication, great client history without any effort. And that includes their tip history as well -- all tracked through Square.

Cons

The fact that if I allow clients to cancel appointments on line, a cancellation shows up FOREVER on the overview page. Annoying.

Domeka from Urnailtech

Urnailtech

I enjoy my software .. It saves me time and stress. So grateful for the appointment book and app I can understand the software great. The fee for appointment book is very reasonable. The fee for accessories are also awesome.

Pros

Easy to access ..my clients love it..love instant deposit

Cons

Nothing much ..maybe the fee ..also would be nice if my clients don't have to put all their information in every time they schedule an appointment

Kevin from ContentCollective Marketing

Scheduling software built-in to a P.O.S.? Smart. Really!

Pros

Super simple to set up and it's tied into my point-of-sale app. Also includes a booking webpage that is customizable, as well as a booking button customizer. There is even marketing options and customer loyalty programs built into the Square platform as well. It's an all-in-one delight of an app!

Sharisse from Bella Ree Braids

Industry: Cosmetics

Great app, needs more options

I really enjoyed using Square Appointments. It was so easy to use and I liked the entire set-up on the app. Everything was simple and to the point. I wish I couldve continued using it though, but I had to switch my booking site because it came with some other options I needed most. If I could still run my booking site without those other options, I would still be using Square Appointments.

Pros

I really liked how simple everything on the Square Appointments app was made to be. Literally, everything I needed to do with my calendar I did it on the app and it was perfect.

Cons

I gave 4 stars for the Features and Functionality simply because if you are someone like me who offers a variety of services then it is a bit difficult to keep your booking site neat and organized without it looking like there are just a million things on a long list on your site. It would be much better to have an option where we can put our services into categories.

Reasons for Choosing Square Appointments

I was referred to Square by my boss and I am a past Square user for an older business I had in the past.

David from Verify Sounds

Industry: Music

Square Appointments

We are able to keep our studios schedule clear and organized for all clients who may want to book an appointment as well as keeping g it easy it read for the other employees so we each know when the studio is free or booked.

Pros

The ease of navigation and display of the interface makes booking and confirming appointments quick and painless. Being able to store client information to book to appointments also speeds up the process as well. The way the app syncs automatically with our studios home website makes organization between client and engineer schedules all the more manageable.

Cons

There's really only one con that comes to mind. I only wish I were able to clone events and drag them to other team members schedules in order to block off their time without having to create a new personal appointment for each employee to block off their time.

Appointment scheduling ease

Pros

I have used this scheduling software as a client (booking services through someone using Square) many times, and it's very versatile. I've easily booked hair appointments to doctor's appointments through my phone. This not only saves me the hassle of calling and waiting on hold, as well as saves businesses valuable time--when otherwise they'd be answering phones.

Cons

For clients who are using this software for scheduling for their own business, it's important to always keep your appointments up to date. Nothing could be more frustrating than booking through this program, then finding out it was an incorrect appointment slot.

Morgan from Quake Fitness Training LLC

Square has everything you could need and now offering appointments for free for individuals!

Square Appointments has been easy to use, the new updates are great, and it's a one stop shop for my business and my clients.

Pros

this is easy to use and you really have the ability to adapt easily to the interface. The Square Appointments app has now been combined with Square POS. You are able to book appointments, send invoices, and use the POS all using one app now! It's definintely streamlined for us busy business owners.

Cons

There is an option to create recurring appointments but you can only select it for that day. Ex: Monday for the next X amount of weeks. I haven't been able to set it for MWF for X amount of weeks.

Mallisa from PrescriptFit Medical Nutrition Therapy & Weight Loss Plan

Makes Scheduling Easy

Pros

I've written a review for this software in relation to our nutrition therapy business, but I've also started using this for my own personal nutrition consulting, which is structured very differently. I do freelance consulting and work remotely. The square system allows me to manage my schedule and clients from anywhere- with any device. It couldn't be easier or more helpful.

Cons

NO cons whatsoever. I am a huge fan of all the Square software AND their customer service. If there's ever a feature lacking they're sure to put in requests for you and they always go above and beyond to help.

Ashley from Opulent Beauty

August 2016

A few waves in my smooth sailing

It's been smooth sailing with a few waves here and there. I'm really glad I can use both the square and the appointments together versus two different applications for one purpose.

Pros

I like the how my schedule comes up for the day. The reports, easy usage.

Cons

I hate having to login with my email and password over and over. I wish there were an app that I could stay logged in or just put in a 4 digit code for security purposes since my clients credit/debit cards could be charged. My customers hate that they have to put their card number in every time. The mobile layout needs a little work on some pages

Taylor from Hot Tub Cruisin, Inc

It is perfect for our boat rental company

It works great for our boat rental company

Pros

They have built a good system with good support that allows us to easily get and manage online bookings.

Cons

There could be some more functionality built out that could allow us to further create other options on our reservation calendar.

Tiri from Tressesbyta

Industry: Cosmetics

Would recommend to small business owners

I havent had any problems with square so far everything isnt great but its good for a small business owner like myself

Pros

What I like the most is that I am able to keep track of my appointments and clients so easily. Its a great way to keep your calendar in check!

Cons

I do not like that I cannot sync my phone calendar and the square app or even if they had a widget for the Notification Center would be great!

Easy for people to make appointments

If you need customers to be able to make appointment online, this is the service for you!

Pros

What I like best about Square Appointments is how easy it is for people to make appointments.

Cons

Getting everything set up is relatively easy, it can be a little more difficult if you get overwhelmed by technical things. But I think it is the nature of the task, and not much they can do to make it easier.

Robert from Advisors Mortgage Group, LLC

Square Appointments Review

This software is perfect and our clients/borrowers love it! I would venture to say that about 80% of our clients book their appointments with us via this software/website. They request their appointment date and time, we accept it and then they show up whether it be a phone conference or a face to face meet. This allows us to free up our time to generate more business/find more clients. HIGHLY recommended!

Pros

Ease of Use Convenient Changes are quick Reminders to clients are efficient and effective

Cons

We haven't really found anything that we dislike about this software.

Lauren from Chisel Scalp

Square

Pros

Ease of customers to put appointments. I love that they receive a text and a email reminding them of their appointment

Cons

You can't put in two different locations

Millie from Milagros Wellness Sanctuary

Square Appointments is Awesome!

Pros

Easy for customers to book, reschedule or cancel online! They can even make a payment.

Cons

Square Appointments App is not available for Android yet.

Rho from The Rhoyal Socialite

Making appointments simple

Pros

Square is one of the easiest ways to make appointments and keep appointment straight. My staff Is so much more efficient using square appointments.

Cons

I can't think of anything I do not like about square appointments. It is easy it is simple it is a great way to get your business organized.

Love the ease and low fees!

So easy to use with my small business. Thank you for all of the wonderful features and tracking purchases/reports.

Pros

Low fees across the board! Same fees for all credit cards, no hidden fees. Love the option to send an invoice to customers via email to pay!

Cons

Service industry- - Once the customer signs and hits accept, they cannot go back to enter a tip. Most credit card processors, have the option to add the tip after- with square customer must do it before they sign, or you cannot do it

Autumn from Hair By Autumn Lamb

Square is great, but

Pros

It is pretty easy to use and so far I haven't any issues with most of it.

Cons

I wish that it was cheaper, I wish that we could control the message better that is sent out to remind someone of their appointment. I also wish Square offered better customer service.

Jacob from Blue Daisy

Great scheduling software

Pros

Square has come a long way with its scheduling software. Guests constantly compliment our business on its simplicity and ease-of-use.

Cons

My con would be that Square Scheduling is not very feature rich, and does not accommodate the demands of a full-service salon well.

Rebecca from The Potts Law Firm

I've never been disappointed with a Square product. Square appointments is great.

Pros

Square Appointments business scheduling system is simple to use. It allows you to schedule client appointments, and determine if you require prepayment for bookings- an important feature.

Cons

The only Con i'd have to say is the pricing on this product. If you're using this software for something that's not necessarily actually making you money, it may be worth just scheduling through outlook or something like that.

DAVID from IN-Focus Digital

Remarkably Well Done

We had a need: schedule 360 head shots for a client in a month and a half. How could we possibly communicate with that many people to arrange schedules? Our solution was Square Appointments. We set up the schedule, blocked out times, and were able to make exceptions. We sent the link to the app, and each individual person signed up. This was an easy to use solution for scheduling a load of services, and made this a profitable project for us!

Pros

It was easy to set up. It was easy to make modifications. It was easy for all the potential clients under the age of 70. It worked with no hiccups.

Cons

Occasionally, we had a client who could not use the software and had to call. In every case, they were using Internet Explorer (no telling what version) OR they simply said they preferred to call.

August 2016

Derek from Groom my Style!

Groom my Style!

I have been with square for about a year in half. It has been everything and much more in value. My clients rave about how easy it is to book appointments. So excellent!!!

Pros

Easy!!!

Cons

I would like to see more of my suggestion.

Sabrina from Nails By: Queen Ling

Great experience, may continue to use in the future.

Pros

That I was able to successfully have my clients book their appointments.

Cons

That I cant show pictures of my work as preview.

September 2016

veronica from Bodiful Kneads

September 2016

Awesome and easy to use!

I am a massage therapist and i use this to accept credit card and Im able to send invoices to my clients and book appointments its very easy to use

Pros

its easy to use to book my clients appointments and it keeps me organized!

Online Booking Made Easy

Pros

Clients can easily select the services, time frame and get notified all without the need for me to access. As customers can book themselves it allows me to have more time with other actions that need to get done.

Cons

The pricing is fair but of course would love for it to be cheaper.

Sam from Sam Jolman, MA LPC, Counseling

Industry: Mental Health Care

Good but limited

Most industries will loved the ease of use. I could not use it for my therapy practice.

Pros

As with everything Square does, Appointments was simple, easy, and functional. It offers outstanding automated scheduling for many professionals.

Cons

There was not enough customizable settings for my industry. I need to limit how many appts I do a day, not necessarily based on specific times. This was not possible with square appointments.

Casey from Skinnocent Co., LLC

Game Changer

My clients love using square! Many have commented that it is so easy to book an appointment. Very straight forward and intuitive. Thank you!

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

On the appointments page, I wish that I could hide the notifications of cancelled appointments. It is a mental thing for me and like to move on if a client cancels.

Paula from Vital

Nice addition to Square suite of small business management tools.

Pros

Integrates well with Square payments, portability across devices, easy to use interface, ideal for companies that anticipate growth.

Cons

More expensive than other comparable online schedulers, abundance of features may be excessive for many small business owners.

Jas from Entourage Salon

SQUARE APPOINTMENTS IS THE WORST!

Pros

NOTHING is good about this program, at the time we were excited to have square appointments since we had the POS. But it has crashed, lost valuable information and jeopardized our security by letting unauthorized users log into our business account.

Cons

The system has constantly crashed, for over a month now we have lost client information, appointments and our calendars were wiped out due to an upgrade. There are only "managers" that only take feed back, refuse to transfer you to an engineer and lose notes on the issues. They also have breached the security of our stylists and our business by interlinking their appointments application to our Point of sale. NO ONE should be able to have access to the business account. These stylists are independent contractors!

Best way to schedule appointments!

Pros

I've tried other appointment schedulers and Square is by far the easiest and most convienient to use.

Cons

There is nothing bad to say about this software! It's 100x better than the competitors.

Coral from Good Hair Daze

August 2016

Best Damn Office Manager Ever!

Well as a salon owner this tool is invaluable. I have streamlined everything in my business through Square and I look and feel tech savvy to boot!

Pros

The analytics are great, all the financial data I need with none of the heavy lifting.

Cons

I would like for this software to be more comprehensive for the salon business for instance, processing time should be included in the timing of appointments.

Daja from Daja Vu Makeup

Square Appointment User

As a single user this Square service is free, so thats a HUGE benefit. The client option for online booking is amazing and helpful, so many benefits in just that one feature. Also, checking out is simple with just a tap on the clients appointment, I can quickly charge for their services and theyre marked off for easy tracking.

Pros

I love that I have full access right from my phone. I can book a client instantly and they immediately get their confirmation text/email.

Cons

I dont like the customized booking button. Unfortunately when I try to add one to a specific service on my website, the link doesnt work.