All Lumion Reviews

Favio

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed December 2022

Easiest and most complete rendering engine and 3D real time visualization software

We used this software daily for our presentations with customers and they got amazed as well, because if they needed to change something, we just did it in the meeting and they saw the new image immediately on Lumion.

PROS

I keep getting amazed by how easy it is to render images on Lumion. You just import the model that you made in an external 3d modeling software and once inside Lumion, the magic starts by picking materials and inserting furniture, plants, select sky, etc. There is a wide variety of 3d models for furniture, people, plants, etc. The best part is that you can do all this in real time, as you move you see it rendered.

CONS

You will need a powerful computer to get the best results. But it is expected, not a surprise. Everything else is perfect.

Reason for choosing Lumion

Interface and learning curve.

Reasons for switching to Lumion

Faster and easier renders.

Tichaona Redemptor

Design, 1 employee

Reviewed May 2022

The only software needed for all kinds of design aspects.

Absolutely awesome.

PROS

Lumion is able to design anything that is in your imagination from houses cars to even a writing pen

CONS

There really is not much to say about Lumion that is negative besides the fact I have to be paying a subscription.

Reason for choosing Lumion

The price is good

Reasons for switching to Lumion

I had to give other product a try.

Andrea

Reviewed January 2020

Lumion amazing!

I use it often, I managed to manage both small and large projects very easily

PROS

the ease of use of this software makes it truly unique, lumion is very easy for visual render, it's amazing software

CONS

I must say that there are no things that I did not like, I highly recommend lumion.This software is the best software visual render.

Shubhi

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

Reviewed May 2023

Lumion the best real time render software out there?

Overall I was very pleased to use Lumion as its intuitive and fun to use.

PROS

The best thing about Lumion is that it is very easy to use in the beginning, anyone can start to render simple scenes without much effort. The component library is very huge, one of the biggest you can get in a software like this.

CONS

It is very expensive while we compare it to similar software. For professional grade quality you will have to invest more time and the system requirement to run Lumion is also high.

Fariz

Design, 11-50 employees

Reviewed November 2019

Ultimate Tool for 3D visualization and animation.

It saves time for creating superb animation walkthroughs/flythroughs and stunning images. It may be a bit of a learning curve but I would prefer Lumion to create animations compared to other 3d applications I have used over the years.

PROS

It saves time to create 3d environments around you model that you want to showcase, has realtime sun and night setting, creating oceans, landscapes, trees with ease which are pre-animated and according to physics. It renders faster than any other rendering plugin software and quality is even better. I can even create bokeh effects, depth of field, camera shakes and many more. What's cool is that you can create and populate the scene in real-time with effects like playing a video game. So you do not need to render every time you create a new effect just to see how it looks like. Saves time like a lot!

CONS

Lumion is NOT a modeling software. Your 3d models created are imported into the software and you populate the scene with its internal library. I find the internal library lacking models but Lumion keeps improving their 3d library in every new version released. Also, its interface can be confusing sometimes. This coming from experience using other 3d software which are far friendlier to use.

Reviewed May 2018

Great software for architects who like to work in a real time near photo-realistic environment.

A lot of great support and from all clients and people I work with. And I have control over my artist impressions, without the need for external visualization firms. And the designing process is much more fun working in a real-time environment.

PROS

Easy to use, solid performance, great renders and extreme fast render times. I use Lumion from the very start of the designing process, and constantly switch between Archicad and Lumion. I show the renders to my clients, or share them on social media in every stage of the process. It's fun working with Lumion and it really gives my designing process a boost.

CONS

Importing external materials (and their respective channels) could be better. It would be nice if all channels could be adjusted directly from within Lumion without a Photoshop detour.

Jessi

Reviewed November 2018

MASS Design Group Review of Lumion - Landscape

We use Lumion to model out options to help us make design decisions, as well as doing renders and fly throughs that we can use to communicate with our clients (clients love it!) and the public. This software has become a standard in our office, and very much enjoyed by our staff.

PROS

I value the ease of use, the speed, the realistic renders, the options for filters, light, finishes, the ability to have multiple files that can be live updated. We like using Lumion in landscape for testing/ modeling, as well as final renders. It allows us to look at opening day of a project, as well as future tree/ landscape maturity.

CONS

This may not be a concern for many users, but we do a lot of work in Rwanda/ Africa. The plant palette is not built out for species we use here. And some of the other generic plants do not look as realistic as much of the rest of Lumion. But really, in comparison to the overall utility of Lumion, it is a minor concern - does not stop us from using it!

Martin

Reviewed May 2018

Lumion makes it possible to use rendering as a design tool and not only to show a finished product.

Using Lumion it is very easy to keep happy clients, any last minute changes doesn't take hours to process removing from the equation any additional services request to the client. Lumion also changed the way I write proposals, before, or when using traditional ray trace renderings, we would quote per image. Now with Lumion I think about it as scenes. Doing 1 or 3 renderings of the same scene is fairly easy. Clients love this approach.

PROS

It changed the way I tackle visualization, it is now easier to start renderings from the very beginning of the design process and use them to make design decisions and update them over and over. When you are done with the design you can finish the polished version of the renderings.

CONS

I guess the main thing I dislike is the fact that you cant use more than one computer to render in a network. Also you cant use the software in more than one computer at the same time.

Mateusz

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

Used monthly for more than 2 years

Reviewed October 2023

Rating Lumion from employee eye

PROS

Beautiful lanscapes and all flora assets. Of course tempo of rendering high quality views is irreplaceable

CONS

I don't have any issues with Lumion. Maybe selection of imported models could be easier eventually.

Andrada

Used monthly for less than 2 years

Reviewed October 2023

An honest review from an architect

PROS

The livesync plugin for archicad is working smoothly. It is very easy to use and it has nice texture library and a wide object library.

CONS

It consumes lots of memory. Can’t do separate settings for different scenes.

Reasons for switching to Lumion

Better quality and more range to customize

Vikash

Architecture & Planning, 501-1,000 employees

Reviewed November 2022

Why Lumion is the best rendering software out there.

Overall if you want the best and easiest rendering experience just go for it.

PROS

It has one of the biggest component library, its easy to use. The educational content to learn it also in abundance. And last but not the least is the rendering quality which is great.

CONS

The one thing that might be a con for an individual rather than a organisation is its pricing.

Reasons for switching to Lumion

The ease of use of Lumion.

hanady

Reviewed August 2020

Easiest Rendering software

PROS

Lumion has a very simple interface to use. It provides great easy features for rendering like adding objects, lights, furniture, people etc. that do not affect the programs’ speediness. Changing the environmental conditions, weather and landscape, is easy to accomplish and interesting for the over whole rendering result without spending hours to do it. Photo and video rendering is much faster in lumion than any other software, which is very important especially when fast results are needed. Photo rendering effects (shadows, contrast, reflection, water…) create a more realistic render without difficulties and video rendering features are easy to use and give a remarkable outcome.

CONS

Lumion navigation is a bit hard and library could be richer in content and quality improved.

Jan-Pieter

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed May 2018

Lumion gives our company the ability to produce very quick quality renders and animations.

The ever so demanding clients asking us to show them almost instantly some renderings. Lumion helps us with that.

PROS

The speed of Lumion producing the wished output is tremendous. The effects stack presets are very welcome option.

CONS

The price is quite steep. User is not able to input his own render dimensions and it's not possible to seperate a face (or faces) from an object and attach another material/texture/color to it(them).

oubadji

Arts and Crafts, 2-10 employees

Reviewed February 2020

Nice job, I hope for more success

It is a wonderful and fast program that does not cost much time, although there are some shortcomings. I wish for more success and development

PROS

I like it very much ,Because it easy to use and I spend a lot of time , comparison with other programs .

CONS

Forms site that we import ,I cannot put it precisely in place I must put digital coordinates . It bothers me that he cannot model.

Mohamed

Reviewed January 2023

Lumion can bring my 3D model to life

Lumion makes my Renders so Easy to bring it to life and helpful , you dont want to be Expert to use Lumion

PROS

Lumion can Export a High Defintion Images and Videos faster than any software else , thes save my time and money

CONS

the thing i dont like too much is how we move and scale in lumion

Francis Rod

Reviewed November 2022

Lumion Review. The Best 3D Rendering Software

My overall experience in Lumion is extraordinary. It gave me a lot of good reviews and feedbacks for my designs from my clients. They were able to see a nice visualization and presentation of my designs. Not to mention you can create them within 10 to 15 minutes. Thanks to Lumion! Amazing product!

PROS

I enjoy Lumion because it is a very user friendly 3D rendering software, you can create a masterpiece in just minutes. It has all you need to be able to create a stunning 3D visualization of your project. I love every feature of it from importing to exporting your project.

CONS

There is no bad thing about this software, everything is amazing!

1,001-5,000 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed February 2019

Powerful rendering tool- Lumion

Overall, Lumion is the most powerful rendering tool to make animations with innovation to impress the clients and colleagues for Engineering professionals.

PROS

When it comes to rendering, I always preferred Lumion. I familiarised with the Lumion during my final year project demonstration and it ended with the big round of applause. The detailing available in the Lumion is very handy and useful. The Library available for Lumion is very large and it is very useful when we create animations, data import and export, landscape design etc.

CONS

The big cons in Lumion is time consumption during a large rendering end product. It needs to be improved in the upcoming versions. Pricing for this software also a little bit high when comparing other markets available software.

leopoldo