All SKYSITE Reviews

Valarie

Construction, 51-200 employees

Reviewed September 2021

Poject Document Management Product with Effective Free Trial.

Easy contacts and construction project management product, with effective capability to include photoes on the reporting operations.

PROS

The collaboration capability is nice, easy safety and job management by the use of SKYSITE is excellent. The solution has Drag and Drop functions for faster navigation, and it allows file downloading and saving of different project files.

CONS

Dislike from SKYSITE performance i never had any, through my entire experience with this management platform i have nothing against the Tool.

Ryan

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed September 2017

Increases our productivity and the ease of distributing plans tremendously.

PROS

The ease of uploading large files and being able to set up the filing system the same way that we have it set up in house means that all of our employees already understand how the skysite filing system works. I also really like being able to keep track of who has ordered what, and who has downloaded what. The auto-hyperlinking feature is also very neat, but still needs some work in regards to reading sheet names correctly.

CONS

The software struggles reading our sheet names which means that we have to re-type the sheet names every time we upload a set of drawings. Specifically, the software cannot distinguish the letter "I" and instead reads it as a "1". Our sheets are all labeled TI-X.X but the software reads them as T1-X.X and always assigns the discipline as "telecommunications" when it should by Tenant Improvement or Architectural. The software is pretty consistent when reading our engineering sheets and usually gets those correct, both sheet names and discipline.

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Our development team looks closely at all customer feedback as we plan for and make enhancements to the product.

Cassy

Reviewed August 2017

SkySite allows us to effectively manage and share a lot of projects with our team

I can effectively manage many projects and large construction plans myself without relying or waiting on someone else

PROS

I like the ability to index Plans by page and easily have the latest set at any point in time with an option to print the narrative at any time. I also like the open software and ability to integrate with BlueBeam.

CONS

I don't like the effort and time it takes to upload a document. Once uploaded, it can't be moved and is very cumbersome if you make a mistake. When dealing with plans over 500 pages, the system bogs down and hard to send links easily. I've encountered many problems where the system will not send links with the correct time frame requested or linked information. When sending links, I wish I could type in a date instead of scrolling through calendar OR have a "never expire" link option. I don't like the default only see 50 pages at a time and I can't scroll through a document without the screen needing to regenerate, which takes more time. I dislike the effort it takes to switch projects views, that I can't have the option to permanently pin the folder tree to my toolbar. I dislike the search or filter feature that it doesn't retrieve documents efficiently or sort them by relevance and hard for users to search. Since it doesn't operate like windows, many of our users have a difficult time using it.

Thank you for sharing your pain points. We have taken your key suggestions and updated our product road map. We will share with you the intended dates of release.

Josh

Reviewed August 2017

I have used this site for two projects and have had great success.

Easy file sharing. Communications made easy.

PROS

Ease of use. Most all subcontractors can easily navigate the software. I like the ability to set alerts for individual files.

CONS

The submittal files could use some additional ways to monitor the activity of the submittal. Make the availability to check out a submittal, stamp it and check it back in, somehow indicating that it has been reviewed by the appropriate person.

Justen

Reviewed September 2017

I honestly can not complain about the software. It's the first project that I had to use it on.

PROS

It definitely is a great complement to hardcopy plans. The hyperlink aspect within the sheets are amazing. From the hyperlinks on the Table of Contents to the detailed hyperlinks within the individual sheets along with the hyperlinks to the growing 700+ RFIs on this project.

CONS

There has been bugs we've been dealing with, however your customer service have been great to work with and have been communicating with me on a timely/immediate basis. In additional, not having the power to package drawings (PDF set, sheets 1 to 300 +) on our own. When we download drawings, you only have the power to download individual sheets. When you download the whole set, they are not in order.

Construction

Reviewed February 2018

This has to be the absolute worst plan sharing software I have ever had the displeasure to use.

We have not been able to get skysite to work correctly for us, But this company is very responsive and easy to work with and has put a ton of effort into setting up meetings and trainings to try and get the issues fixed. I look forward to working with this company on future projects.

PROS

I like that in theory, you can share all your plans with the subcontractors. Unfortunately no subcontractors will use the software because it completely inefficient

CONS

The worst thing about this software is that, the desktop synchronization app does not keep plans updated, The mobile phone app is useless. There is literally no way to look through all the plans you have uploaded because the website slows down to A TURTLE SPEED when you start scrolling through the plans. All I can say is move on to a different software to share your plans. Literally dropbox would work better than this.

emma

Architecture & Planning, 51-200 employees

Reviewed July 2017

Skysite is excellent for use in the field - no more bulky drawing sets to carry around.

PROS

The ability to link documents together. The ability to reference drawings, specs, and sketches anywhere on a tablet or phone. When you leave a message for a support agent, someone typically gets back to you quickly and the customer service people are friendly and helpful. They seem receptive to constructive feedback.

CONS

The uploading and indexing process is extremely tedious. Once you accept the hyperlinks to documents that Skysite finds, you cannot edit the links individually. If you upload documents to a folder that connects to "latest documents" you cannot remove it from "latest documents" without deleting the whole folder and re-uploading it. Making hyperlinks maunally is also tedious. You cannot copy and paste a hyperlink shape or destination. It is time-consuming and annoying to link documents together.

Thank you for your feedback and being a SKYSITE user. Both of your points are being considered for inclusion in our next upgrade.

Replied August 2017

Ron

Real Estate

Used free trial

Reviewed February 2017

Very simple & user friendly interface

Pros: SKYSITE has a very simple & user friendly interface which made it easy for us to use. What we particularly liked was that it helped us to upload and download all documents with an excellent speed. We could zoom into construction blueprints & docs which has good clarity. What appealed to us the most is that we worked from the jobsite and all team members were on the same page. Looking for specific information was also quick and painless. Our account was quickly opened by the vendor and a monthly billing process was set up seamlessly. Overall good show! Cons: Nothing in particular.

PROS

CONS

Nothing in particular

Mandy

Architecture & Planning, 2-10 employees

Reviewed March 2017

SKYSITE made document managment easy, quick and painless.

I would highly recommend SKYSITE for construction document management to complete projects on time and cut down on errors.

PROS

This software comes with features like auto-sync, auto-hyperlink, and powerful search helped me take over a number of document management task with absolute ease. I can work on the go, my team is able to co-ordinate and collaborate better, and everyone can work from the current set of documents.

CONS

Nothing in particular. Would like to see some more features. Happy with the experience provided by SKYSITE.

Gina

Reviewed September 2017

Skysite is easy to navigate and easy to use to share construction drawings with others.

PROS

Sharing the construction drawings with others is easy and efficient. It is easy to upload and download drawings using the skysite drive tool.

CONS

Costs our prime subcontractors and architects money for unlimited access. The search function is basically useless. There are glitches with the tool that auto detects callouts on the drawings.

Charles

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

Used less than 2 years

Reviewed September 2017

It takes a while to get used to the features. Not as easy as I envisioned it to be.

I was able to view and obtain the files or drawings that I need. It help me manage my projects when I have archived files that I can use.

PROS

It is organized into facilities and sets within a facility. There are other ways to group files and or folders. Files are downloadable. It has a lot of features that are usable. I like the zoom and pan features.

CONS

Features are not as easy to use, and perhaps need some definitions/explanations. At times it's difficult to look for the files I need. Not as complete as I imagined. The folders are fused at the beginning of a facility, which is ok, but it should have been explained or defined better. Need to download faster and/or should be able to group files.

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We will have one of our team members contact you shortly.

Casey

Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 5,001-10,000 employees

Reviewed August 2017

Great functionality and tool for searching databases. Glitchy from an administrative point of view

PROS

Extensive information for each document and easy to update. Markup tool is useful. Personal cloud function very useful. Sending links and making folder teams very useful

CONS

Have experienced constant glitches since going live. Has delayed adding content and fixing errors. Rather cumbersome learning curve for users especially learning all functions of skysite.

Thank you for the review. We will work closely with you and your team to improve the experience.

Replied August 2017

Stacy

Reviewed September 2017

We have had a good experience so far...

ease and time saving with document control.

PROS

It is very easy to upload, manage and send files to clients and subcontractors. It is also awesome that it OCR's plans and specs for you!!

CONS

It doesn't do full on project management including invoicing, owner billing and wip reports. Would also like if you could create and manage schedules.

Vivian

Architecture & Planning, 11-50 employees

Used less than 12 months

Reviewed March 2017

SKYSITE made document managment fast, easy and painless.

I have used a number of competitor construction project management softwares to manage documents. However, they were lacking in some features or the other. A colleague suggested about SKYSITE and now I am completely dependent on the software. This software’s is exclusively designed or AEC/O professionals with advanced features like auto-sync, auto-hyperlink, submittal and powerful search helped me efficiently manage construction documents, share and review the same.

PROS

This software is cost effective and extremely user-friendly. It is also easy to maneuver through the various features. I can also work on the go and assign tasks to my team.

CONS

Nothing that I can list the moment. Would like to see some more features in future updates.

Dean

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Reviewed September 2017

Skysite's desktop web access is a very efficient way to manage the plans for our projects.

Cloud access and storage along with the project plan history is very useful

PROS

The ability to add plan changes, both current and "mid-stream" has been a favorite feature of this site. Ordering prints direct from the file or folders has also been very efficient.

CONS

Currently the desktop sync sorts the files alphanumerically and not by ordinal numbers, so generating a multipage pdf of the most current set takes additional page sorting efforts.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. Our team looks closely at all customer feedback as we plan for and make enhancements to the product.

Reviewed January 2018

Smooth and Powerful Mangement Tools

Speed while communicating project files and saving money and time, emailing info and storing docs in the cloud.

PROS

Uploading files is so easy that almost every user can do it easily. One of the main purposes we use the software is to identify who has ordered the material and follow up with status. Great tool for managing the set of blueprints and communicating information and project docs across the organization.

CONS

It is kind of difficult to use the search function and the cost of unlimited access for subs is a little bit on the high side.

Scott

Facilities Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Works good

PROS

This software is good for keeping all of your data in one place. It also give the user or company a place to have data located with out taking room or space on your own computers.

CONS

It's still slow when opening pdf's. I understand the speed has been improved but could still use more improvements to the speed of opening files.

Janet