• Pros

• "So easy to use, very user friendly and easy to navigate and track inventory."

• "Elegantly designed, easy to learn, and meets our business needs completely! "

• "Masterpiece Solutions is a great value. The ability to directly interface your inventory with your website means less time doing data entry and more time to spend interfacing with your customers. "

• Cons

• "Email blast, not the best (from 2 years ago, might be better by now)."

• "I recently wrote a review mentioning that the only thing missing in this software was a lack of an instruction manual. Well, the owner contacted me and told me that they now have a manual online! "

• "Editing reports is the least intuitive. We are looking forward to the training video, which is in the works! "

Browse Masterpiece Manager Reviews

Christian from HOHMANN

the evolution of gallery software

What I appreciate most is that it feels more like a partnership than just buying an out of the box software. We have evolved alongside and the Masterpiece team listens to suggestions and responds quickly.

Pros

We have been with Masterpiece for almost 15 years now and have gone through all stages of the software since. Version 11 is extremely good and offers everything that we need to run our fairly complex business. Impossible to list all the features we use, but we like most the seamless integration into the web site and the fact that it is all cloud based now.

Cons

The previous versions had a few flaws but 11 seem to have overcome all that.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Replied August 2018

Your words are most appreciated, Christian. You and your team has been invaluable in helping Masterpiece get better through the years. Thank you for pushing us with high expectations and for all of your patience and support.

West from West Lives On Galleries

We recently upgraded to version 11 and the accompanying new website. One word ...Awesome!

Pros

Very intuitive. No longer need constant contact. REAL TIME DATA on our website. Having the photos in this POS / Inventory system which automatically feeds the website at the time of item setup. Once an item sells the items shows a red dot on the web, showing it sold, and then the item is automatically taken off the website 3 days later. This is eliminating the need for 1 full time employee between the website updates automatically taking place and the email/client information always update and not having to know another system (constant contact, etc.). The team was professional, suggestive, and VERY timely upon all requests made. Really felt like they are "in it to win it" and that my success is truly their success! Great software always improving!

Cons

Must export the data to excel for printed reports. Would like to see the data on my screen including photos and simply print all the data. Not just a browse screen shot but the full data including scroll down data.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Replied November 2017

Thank you so much for the kind words, Cindy. We are thrilled that Masterpiece is making things easier for West Lives On. We will be contacting you to discuss the data export suggestions you've made.

Rick from Daffodil Gallery

Focus on sales - no follow through.

Abysmal.

Pros

The price of the software seemed most reasonable for the feature set, despite the fact that it was older technology.

Cons

We got even less than we paid. The software was buggy. Their integration team didn't deliver on the website integration that was paid for and when they finally decided to redevelop the software into something that might have worked, we were asked to purchase it again. Our business limped along with this software for four years. Such a waste of an investment. We were one of many clients with this experience, including another large public art organization located in Edmonton, who had similar issues.

Reasons for Choosing Masterpiece Manager

Price and promised features.

LISABEL from LISABEL Gallery

Comments from a Solo artist gallery owner

Excellent at all levels

Pros

I have been using Masterpiece software for over 4 years. I am totally in love with this software! It allows me to do my accounting, my COA of my entire inventory of 4500 art pieces (current and sold), my quotations, they also publish my art on their website, I can do auction and much more. The service is exceptional, these guys are like family; always there to help and very fast. I absolutely recommand it to anyone whatever you own an art gallery or you are a solo artist.

Cons

Email blast, not the best (from 2 years ago, might be better by now).

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Replied February 2021

Hi Lisabel! Thank you so very much for the kind words. We love having your gallery as part of Masterpiece. Yes, the challenges you faces with mass email marketing have been resolved:-)!

Dawn-Marie from Firefly Gallery

Industry: Fine Art

So grateful for this software

Because Masterpiece Manager is designed for the gallery/art industry, it has so much of what I need already programmed in. I had a few hundred pieces of inventory to log when I was first opening, and with a little guidance from the tutorial videos and from Customer Service, I was able to get it all in with no issues. One of my favorite features is that when I put inventory into MM, one click can put it right into my attached website. This is huge for me. I'm the only person working my gallery. If something needs doing, I'm the one who gets it done. So the fact that I can put info in once and have it both in my POS and on my website is a life saver!

Pros

Ease of use, ability to add my own categories for inventory, website compatibility

Cons

Speed of processing can be slow or can hang somewhat regularly, would like a bit more functionality with sales and contacts reporting

Reasons for Choosing Masterpiece Manager

I like to be treated well by the people I do business with. Everyone at Masterpiece treated me with respect and care, and continue to do so. They are clear in their explanations, follow through on promises made, and are there to help when I need them. Little else will sell a product or business as well as good service and good people, imho. Masterpiece Manager has both!

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Replied October 2019

Thank you for the kind review, Dawn-Marie. We are thrilled you chose Masterpiece and it is helping your business. We love your new web site!! We have recently augmented the hosting resources for Masterpiece. You should no longer see any performance issues in the system. If you do, please let us know asap. Thank you, again. We really appreciate you.

Amber Markay from MARKAY GALLERY

They Know the Art Business and What Galleries Need.

Masterpiece is an incredible time-saver with real-time website updating upon a sale and upon adding new inventory. Customer service is out of this world! the team respond quickly and positively to anything we need. They are a dream to work with. Having come from years working with ArtCloud, I am very happy with my decision to work with Masterpiece Manager for my gallery inventory, POS, website, artist commission reports, and e-mail marketing.

Pros

Working with the team at Masterpiece Manager has been wonderful. They have developed a software that keeps my art gallery organized with inventory. Masterpiece is an incredible time-saver with real-time website updating upon a sale and upon adding new inventory.

Cons

The only con that I see is the difference in how our website and newsletter is viewed from a desktop computer to a cell phone or other hand-held device. We were able to over-ride this within the newsletter by adding images of text vs body copy. This quick change has allowed us to use our branded font and it show correctly no matter what device / computer system / email system our newsletter is viewed on.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Replied September 2018

Wow Amber... !

James from Jack Rabbit Gallery LLC

Great for Art Galleries

The support you get is fantastic. It's very personal. If we have questions, the staff is available to talk to us and work through our issues. I really like not having to do an online chat, or worse, rely on some prefabricated Q&A manual to figure everything out.

Pros

The best thing about Masterpiece Manager is its integration of various functions in one product. This eliminates the need to source POS, inventory management and e-commerce from different providers. Also, the software comes preloaded with features designed specifically for gallery management. Whether you are selling art on consignment, or buying inventory for resale, the software has all the features you need to track your current inventory and revenues. In addition the website templates are attractive and easy to set up.

Cons

The e-commerce functions are not automatically optimized for other retail sales channels such as Facebook, Instagram and Google. This limits your ability to make full use of Facebook, for example, by having a Facebook store, and it also limits analytical capabilities you might have if your website is optimized for these sales channels.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Replied September 2019

Thank you for the kind review, James! We're continuing to work on the extensibility of our web sites.

colby from Old Towne Gallery

Great, chill and easy software that flows.

Business organization and productivity rates through the roof!

Pros

The ease and simplicity along with the comprehensive understanding of how a business works and how this integrates with business.

Cons

I actually like everything. I can't say that I don't care for anything. It's a great product! I think the best thing was watching the training videos and it really gives you a comprehensive understanding of what the product can do.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Replied June 2018

Thank you, Colby. You and your businesses rock. Thank you so much for your kind words.

Amy from Mockingbird Gallery

Amazing Softwarre

Such a great program and we are super happy about the amazing customer support we receive!

Pros

So easy to use, very user friendly and easy to navigate and track inventory.

Cons

Sometimes when an update is made it knocks other functions out of whack.

Reasons for Choosing Masterpiece Manager

Great product and functionality at a good price.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Replied September 2019

Thank you, Amy. Mockingbird Gallery has been such a huge asset to us through the years. Your incredible feedback has continually pushed us to get better. Thank you for your kind words and support.

Megan from Summit Gallery

Industry: Fine Art

Great Company to work with!

Pros

The software is intuitive and simple to use. Any time you have a question the team at masterpiece is readily available and happy to help! This software makes managing inventory and running reports seamless and easy.

Cons

It is hard to think of a con to using the software. Any time I do run into a question or issue it is usually resolved immediately by the masterpiece team.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Replied June 2018

Thank you so much, Megan. We are honored to serve you and do what we can to help Summit Gallery succeed!

Susi from TAI Modern LLC

Masterpiece works well

Masterpiece does allow good tracking of inventory though sometimes mysteriously, the color of an item is no longer green (which denotes it being available). That color coding works well for the most part.

Pros

The ease of finding a particular contact or artwork. Also, the customer support when we have an issue or would like something changed, is fantastic.

Cons

Cannot print labels for artwork; cannot print contact information for clients; cannot customize reports, i.e., change fonts, change spacing, add images where we want them; entering payments from clients sometimes does not work.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Replied October 2019

Thank you for your kind review, Susi. I would like to arrange training for you. It sounds like you are having issues with our reporting module. There are dozens of reports available for printing inventory labels and contact lists. Every report is customizable as well. Can I set up a call with Client Services to work with you?

Luana from Isaacs Art Center

Not only is this the best All-in-one system for your art and clients, but the service is fantastic.

Pros

Everything is stored in one place, your art, artists, clients and transactions. Everything you need to know or view is together - no more separate systems. Love how our website is attached to our inventory and is updated in real time as inventory is added and sold.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Replied November 2017

Luana - thanks to you and to Issaacs Art Center for allowing us to assist in your efforts to support Hawaii Prep Academy. You folks are the very best.

Penelope from L.H. Selman Ltd.

Masterpiece is perfect for your inventory and customer needs

Pros

Clean database layout. Customizable reports. Quick response time from support team.

Cons

Only one keyword search by field when doing a query.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Replied October 2019

Thank you, Penelope! It has been our sincere pleasure to support you, Ben and LH Selman. You have been invaluable in helping us get better. Thank you for always helping us identify areas of opportunity to make Masterpiece the very best software solution possible. Thank you!

Denise from COLE GALLERY

I continue to love this software!

Excellent!

Pros

It does everything we need to run a gallery!

Cons

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Replied October 2019

Thank you, Denise! We appreciate your decision to use Masterpiece!!

mohamed from Fciimpro

Beautiful discovery. For me

Pros

The beautiful thing that drew attention and I liked a lot is the form of the platform and the method of control within it .. Very stylish and easy to suit all users .. The idea is also beautiful and contribute to the development I consider this application a new discovery for me. And will help me a lot in my personal life and I wish with all my heart to succeed a lot in the future and become more popular

Cons

The only negative thing in the application is that it needs a lot of popularity to be things that are active in it .. I think it needs a lot of support and publicity to reach the largest number of users and I bet it will like a lot

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Replied October 2018

Hi Mohamed, Thank you for your kind review. While your words were very positive I see that Customer Support and Features did not receive top marks from you. These are normally areas where we receive our highest ratings. Can I ask what we can do better for you to be totally satisfied with Masterpiece?

Donna from The Gallery At River's Edge Apalachicola

Great Value and Functionality

I can easily print reports of sales and inventory. Tracking amounts due consignments are a snap.

Pros

Cons

Look up Tables do not filter 'out of stock' items which can make searching for items somewhat tedious

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Replied September 2019

Hey Donna. Thank you so much for the kind thoughts. I'll ask Client Services to connect with you to help with your out of stock concerns. We really appreciate your business!

Ben from LH Selman Ltd. Glass Paperweights

My business is operating more efficiently and I'm making more money. Customer service is superb.

Pros

It is intuitive. Integrates with my quickbooks, auction abilities, seamless push of my products to my website and Masterpiece Online.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Replied November 2017

Thank you, Ben for your very kind words. We are proud to be able to support all of the success you have had with LH Selman.

Art from eLearning Art

Very Happy with Masterpiece Manager

Pros

Masterpiece is always innovating and improving and support is top notch. The software is full of functionality and has lots of capabilities.

Cons

I would prefer to have all fields available to me when searching for transactions. But I understand that less makes software less complicated and easier to use.

Kelly from Gallery 421

Very Elegant Solution

Masterpiece manager was elegantly designed with the end user in mind ... it just makes sense! It automates many tasks, eliminates double-entry and minimizes human error. It is very intuitive, easy to use, and well documented. Super training videos, and excellent support through Zen-desk whenever needed.

Pros

Elegantly designed, easy to learn, and meets our business needs completely!

Reasons for Switching to Masterpiece Manager

Our previous system was missing automated interface between sales, inventory, website and client contacts database, which led to too many man-hours, human error and ultimately less reliable operations.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Replied September 2019

Thank you, Kelly. It has been such a pleasure to work with Gallery 421. We're excited to launch your new web site!!

Janet from Motoko's Original Art

Excellent product for art galleries

Control over inventory

Pros

The ability to control limited edition prints and avoid duplicates; contact database linked to art purchases

Cons

Very little that I don't like, perhaps formatting labels was an issue but I figured it out. We don't use the website option because we have our own.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Replied November 2017

Thank you, Janet. It has been a pleasure supporting you and Motoko Original Art for so many years!

María Magdalena from CAF - Development Bank of Latin America

Industry: Fine Art

A very useful software to manage art collections (of any size).

Art is a global business nowadays and Masterpiece Manage makes it easier for you to jump in the game.

Pros

If you have ever worked with art pieces, you'll understand the struggle finding a software that really gets the complexity of it all. This software does. Whether you're an artist, a collector or a gallery/museum manager, this is a very useful software. It comes from 1994, so they know what their doing. And now it's cloud based and comes with mobile apps which is fantastic to this accelerated world we live in. But it not only register your art pieces, it also gives you an e-commerce and and an invoice feature. And the integration of everything is seamless. Prices are fair considering all it offers.

Cons

It will take a while to learn how to use it wisely, but it is worth it.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Replied September 2018

Maria, thank you for your gracious review. We greatly appreciate it. Please remember that your subscription includes training and technical support. If you every have questions about the features, don't hesitate to contact us for assistance.

Diana Isabella from Pixeles

Save and share your best designs and images that you like.

Pros

Very good platform to find illustrative designs, excellent to search, share and save your image repertoires.

Cons

It has a slightly simple interface but you were there and you easily find what you need, sometimes it takes time to find images but at the end you get it.

Guillermo from Union Radio

Masterpiece Manager, is an easy way to promote yourself and your work as an artist.

I can promote myself as an artist and i can be in contact with what's new.

Pros

Masterpiece Manager is a cool and a very good app for promote yourself and stay in contact with what's new, events and much more! The interface and options are very simple to handle. Is very intuitive and effective. As an artist, i can assure you that it won't be a waste of your time. Give yourself a try and enter the easiest way to see and purchase art.

Cons

As a picky Designer/Artist, i could say that the interface may need a more creative way to display options. Esthetics aside, i don't have another complain about it.

Coral from Ku Ku Bulkaway Gallery

Excellent customer service and a very easy to use program

We can see how much stock we have at a glance. We can track items sold and who to. It has a customer data base we can use for emails

Pros

The software is easily navigated, the team adapted the software to our specifications for our use in Australia. Even the less experienced employees can use this fail safe system.

Cons

Because the software is Unite States based the date on the program dosent match our Australian time.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Replied November 2017

Hey Coral. Thank you so much for the kind words. We love you folks!

Neal from Rodeo Realty, Inc.

Masterpiece Solutions

Overall, they are an outstanding company with fantastic customer support. They are very responsive to any and all of my needs.

Pros

The ease at which everything works together. Also, they have a terrific inventory management system and the reporting is off the charts!

Cons

There are a few minor items that one would expect, but nothing really comes to mind.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Replied September 2018

We really appreciate the support, Neal. Thanks for allowing us to help you make Leviton Fine Art a huge success!

Greg from Greg Lane Fine Arts

Masterpiece Manager Software

Pros

Ease of use, cost effective, great customer support

Cons

There is nothing I have found wrong with this software

Conrad from Capzool

Fantastic all in one software. Where would I be without it?

Fantastic all in one software. Would recommend to anyone who is looking for this type of software.

Pros

I loved the initial training videos. I feel like they gave myself and our team a solid overview of the product. You can truly manage all aspects of your business with this software.

Cons

What can I say? I truly like everything about this software. I may update my review later but now I cannot find anything that would be a "con".

michiel from The Oaks

Software like Art

Controls your work for you.

Pros

Easy and simple to use. The program comprehends how a business works and how it can work hand in hand with business.

Cons

Nothing major to complain about. When i get stuck or have questions there is usually a great customer support team waiting on you.

Ethan from Little Giant Ladders

Masterpiece has been awesome

Pros

I like using this product. Masterpiece has helped me display my art and connect me with the online world.

Cons

Overall I really enjoy this software. It really has not given me any problems and I have not struggled with it.

Response from Masterpiece Solutions

Replied April 2018

Ethan, thank you so much for your kind review. So glad things are working well for you. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need anything.

Lucía from Education

A very good gallery assistant

Very easy to use for everyone

Pros

Masterpiece is an excellent image manager and help even with sales and potential clients. Everyone can handle it

Cons

I really like it, I have nothing bad to say about Masterpiece. Its price is very low for the tasks it allows to execute

Solution for art management

Pros

Masterpiece Manager encourages me to make my creations safely, ensuring excellent performance

Cons

The format of the labels is complicated, the rest of the procedures are easy to use