bexio is a cloud-based accounting solution for small businesses and self-employed individuals. It is appropriate for all industries and offers bookkeeping, billing and invoicing.
bexio provides automation for multiple bookkeeping and accounting tasks, such as accounts receivable for outgoing invoices. Transactions can be sorted and organized from a centralized list and exported to Excel. The bexio scanner app allows user to scan and upload documents and receipts into the system using a mobile phone.
Contacts, customer information, products and inventory can be managed within bexio. Existing customer contact lists and product information can be uploaded. Some banks can also interface with the software, allowing users to enter and reconcile payments directly through bexio.
The bexio scanner app is available on Android, Windows phones and iOS. Support is provided via email, phone and online chat. Yearly and monthly subscription pricing is available.
Nikola from Brespon Group GmbH
Employees number: 1 employee
Like I said, comparing to others out there - better GUI, support is usually good...but it´s not hard to make a better cloud service if everything is lagging behind (yes, I am talking about Swiss web/tech/software scene). But that is an opportunity well identified (but not very well filled) by Bexio and other guys.
ALL IN ALL2 maybe 3 stars: it´s not for small business owners and accountants are hating it anyway (as every other system that attacks their cash-cow: simple job (like basic booking) for a hefty price and client´s ignorance/fear of accounting)
I did made a detailed list of improvements for us as users to make it a real winner for all, but Bexio owner team simply dismissed it. Yeap, I offered that for free.
Are there better solutions? Maybe, and maybe not. It stays my favourite, over-featured invoice maker with a good, but self-sabotaged ambition to be an accounting software, short of very few steps to become a real king and dominate the market.
- Not bad GUI
- Easy graphic display for basic information needed
- Can open multiple features/options in multiple tabs when working
- Concerning other options on a market - Bexio is better overall
- Invoicing is not bad. Invoices turn out nice when sent/printed
After 4 years of using it, as a company owner/director and a certified IT engineer, I will list just few:
- Well, first is not that much up to Bexio, but still - is: IT DOES NOT SAVE YOU MONEY - as accountants (talking about those from bexio network) usually do not care about utilizing it much and charge you whatever they feel charging as they always claim you ´did it all wrong, had to rebook, blah, blah´ just to justify their outrageous prices which always stay the same regardless of Bexio, ammount of work...
- Bexio has NO LOGS (!?!) Sorry, but IF YOU PAY THE ACCOUNTANT BY THE HOUR (and give access to a sensitive data) YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO SEE LOGS (Hellooo) to see what they are doing. When I asked for it (check this out)BEXIO told me they are forbidden by law to give me that (!?!?!?!). A huge minus there.
- Importing transactions is STILL NOT WORKING WELL as it should. Lots of mistakes, doubbles, triplles and thus making it quite UNRELIAble...they are improving, but very very slow (for this fundamental feature)
- Filters and filtering is simply - bad. Not easy, lacking options, not intuitive...
- Search is really basic and not very effective unless you search the (almost) obvious things
- Reporting (like YTD sales, profits...) simply either do not exist or are barely usable
- Additional options like connecting to some online shops (etc.) is ok to see, but not very usable unless you wish to use really outdatedly designed partner shops and sending (printed) letter...etc.
Response: bexio, bexio AG
Date: November 2018
Hello Mr. Djurov Thank you very much for your valuation and honest feedback, which we take up. Our goal is to make our software better and better every day. We¿re sorry to hear that we can't completely convince you today with our software and that you don't profit from the accountant¿s connection to your bexio account. We will follow this up. Our team is already working on improving reporting and analytics for our customers. We are always open to new ideas and inputs from our customers and take their voices very seriously. We will identify where mentioned "detailed list of improvements" disappeared - and let you know in case we need your help on that.
Thank you for your feedback and you can take our word that we do everything to take these steps to comfort our clients and by that reach the mentioned target. Thank you for your faith in bexio.
Best regards, your bexio team