• Pros

• "I like the simplicity of it. Lots of content and information there, but it is simple to navigate!"

• "That it is all inclusive for out industry. Billing, daily reports for children, employee time cards, etc. The customer service is fantastic. I really love this program!"

• "I love the ability message teachers and parents in real time! "

• Cons

• "Occasionally support will take a little bit long on getting back to us on issues but all in all they do a good job. "

• "There are some bugs to work out from time to time but their customer service team is very responsive and always willing to take suggestions"

• "There are still some bugs to work out but I can see that the team is working hard to make improvements"

Browse Kangarootime Reviews

Rebecca from Child's Creative Development Center

Kangarootime

This is a great product that has helped make communication with the parents much easier through the messaging app. Parents have also been paying at a faster rate due to being able to pay without having to be on site.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. It gave us a way to communicate with our parents efficiently and effectively. The parents are able to see how their child's day has been as it's happening in the classroom. Collecting payments from parents has become easier since everything is done through the app and they receive invoices daily. As a administrator of three sites I like being able to see what is happening at all three locations while not having to be on site.

Cons

While in the rooming setting it is often hard to see the child's pictures in each classroom. It would be nice to have those enlarged. We would also like to have the guardians face flashing on the child instead of the bouncing kangaroo so we know exactly who is picking up the child without having to take a couple extra steps.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Rebecca - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We're so happy to hear that we've helped your center with collecting payments and communication with your parents. We shared your feedback about the rooming with our product team. If you have any additional feedback to share in the future, do not hesitate to reach out!

David from Care-a-lot Child Care

Great software for child care centers

Kangarootime has helped us improve communication with parents and teachers, and eliminate lots of paperwork. The Kangarootime team has been great to work with. They are very responsive and supportive.

Pros

Software gives our Administrators constant visibility to room attendance and staffing. Parents love the smartphone app and the ability to communicate directly with Teachers and Administrators. Teachers love how the software helps them easily enter updates on the children without having to type out full sentences on the tablet.

Cons

The software is relatively new so they are still adding and improving some functionality. Billing lacked some features that we wanted initially but they have been responsive to requests for improvements. Reporting is also limited but is expanding.

Reasons for Choosing Kangarootime

While three or four products we looked at had the functionality we were looking for, we really liked the look and feel of Kangarootime, especially the Rooming Module. Furthermore, the team at Kangarootime, from the CEO down, made the purchase process enjoyable, which was not the case with some of the other products we considered.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi David - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear that the software has benefitted your administrators, teachers and parents. We're also happy to hear that our team has been responsive to your product feedback and customer service needs. If you have any further feedback, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Kristin from Creative Critters Learning Center

Change is hard but well worth it!

One of the best aspects of this company is its customer service. If you call you are not on hold forever and you speak to a live person. emails are answered within 48 hours and during the set up process the staff was available at any time to help trouble shoot. We do have a weird payment schedule and the staff continues to work with us on tweaking things to get the right. Our parents love the daily reporting which we did on paper prior and the automatic and electronic billing. Overall A+ from me!

Pros

This is very user friendly and combines what we were using 2 or 3 softwares to do into one package. Our goal was to have better and more consistent communication with our customer base and this does it and more!

Cons

Dislikes would be not being about to put all the children to sleep at once in the rooming module, which I have reported to the company and this is coming as a change in the future.

Reasons for Choosing Kangarootime

There was another childcare center in my general area that had switched from ProCare and was able to help me get over my fears of change and was willing to answer questions and show me how it was working for her company. Also the sales staff was much more down to earth and friendly instead of just pushing their product down my throat like to other company we were considering.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Kristin - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear we have helped to improve communication with your customers! We also are glad to hear that our customer service team has been helpful to you. If you have any feedback you would like to share in the future, do not hesitate to reach out.

Dellisha from Learning Garden Academy

Good foundation with work to be done

Pros

I like the ability to see the amount of children in the building and the amount of children enrolled. As well as the ability to take pictures.

Cons

I don't like how outdated this software seems. I compare to tadpoles and I like that Tadpoles is particular with the tablets that can be used for their software and the tablets take phenomenal pictures. The quality of pictures sent home are a disappointment. I do like the way the pictures come out when teachers log into Kanagrootime from their phone. I just feel like the software is so outdated. I always think that when it comes to billing there's no way to fix a mistake. No easy way. I think it's silly to have to "credit" or add line instead of delete a billing mistake. I don't like how glitchy the app is. If I look through my gallery and keep scrolling it crashes. I don't like how I have to explain to parents to view the breakdown of their billing on the browser because the app does not offer it. If a child is "tagged" in a photo with other children (group photo) that photo shouldn't be able to be downloaded. That's another thing I love about Tadpole and how up to date it is with technology. as a mother, I would be very upset if someone posted my child on their social media without my consent.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Dellisha - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We appreciate the candid feedback about our software and have shared it with our product team. We're always open to feedback and incorporate it into our design process. I'm excited to share that a lot of your recommendations will be included in our update that will be released next year. If you have any further feedback you would like to share, please do not hesitate to reach out.

Laura from Green's Farms Nursery School

Kangarootime

Using Kangarootime over the past several years has streamlined collecting tuition in a timely manner. From lackluster payments that run several months behind all the way up to the end of school in June, we now (in December) are completely collected for our 2019-20 tuition.

Pros

Kangarootime maintains records - from financial to children/family files & attendance in one streamlined package. Because it is maintained in the Cloud, it is much more secure than paper documents in a physical location; however documents scanned & uploaded can be easily retrieved & printed by both school administration & parents. Kangarootime is not a finished product. It continues to grow & change to accommodate users' needs.

Cons

Because Kangarootime was initially created for Daycare facilities, the billing structure is a bit different that the way our 10 month nursery school program bills. We have, however, managed a work around & the Support Staff are FANTASTIC!

Reasons for Choosing Kangarootime

The people. Hands-down the people! If something doesn't work right for us, if parents need assistance with their account, when we have suggestions for updates or changes, every issue was met with positivity, a sense of humor & kindness. We have dealt with all of their Support team as well is [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] the owner & can unreservedly recommend Kangarootime because of them!

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Laura - Thank you so much for writing a review for Kangarootime. We are thrilled to hear that we've helped your streamline your school's tuition collection and also helped maintain your records. We are also very happy to hear our customer service team has been helpful! If you have any feedback to share in the future, do not hesitate to reach out to us.

Daria from Discovery Village

Kangarootime Pros and Cons

Kangarootime has been easy to navigate as far as invoices and billing. The team that we were set up with to launch the app for our school was phenomenal and responded quickly. The PDF files of "How-To" for Kangarootime that were provided for us to share with new families were very helpful as well.

Pros

This software has features that allow childcare centers to communicate with families as well as send pictures of their children.

Cons

The app does not notify families when a photo has been sent and our teachers find it difficult to manage the "rooming" feature. The function of tagging children in photos seems to be more difficult and has more steps than other apps that I have used in other daycare centers.

Reasons for Choosing Kangarootime

Kangarootime directly linked to our key less entry system KISI which allows parents easy and secure access to enter our building.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Daria - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear our invoices and billing are easy to navigate, and that our customer service has been so helpful. We will share the parent communication feedback with our product teamif you have any additional feedback in the future, please reach out to us!

Jennifer from Saint Francis Early Learning Center

Saint Francis

The one great benefit we have experienced is the automatic charging of the accounts. We used to have to charge the accounts each week.

Pros

I like that we can send mass emails to all of the parents at the same time, the children's dailies can be sent electronically, pictures can be taken of the children for the parents to see daily, can keep an up to date account of the parents tuitions.

Cons

Our parents have had some issues with the app and setting up their accounts. We have also had issues with the charges

Reasons for Choosing Kangarootime

Easier to use and had all of the elements we were looking for

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Jennifer - Thank you so much for taking the time to review Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear that we've made parent communication and charing of the accounts easier for you! We will share the feedback about parents setting up the accounts and charges with our product teamif you have any feedback in the future, do not hesitate to reach out!

Frances from Tuckaway Child Development Centers

Amazing!

Pros

Cons

I don't have any cons about this software. The cons that I did have they have corrected or are in them process of fixing.

Reasons for Choosing Kangarootime

All inclusive program as mentioned above and the customer service.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Frances - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear that the billing, daily reports and time cards have been helpful to your centers. We also love to hear that our customer service team has been helpful to you! If you have any feedback in the future, do not hesitate to reach out to us!

Pamela from Blue Skies Exploration Academy

KangarooTime Review

Overall our experience has been good.

Pros

The excellent customer support we always receive. And the fact that they take our ideas and implement them the best they can.

Cons

Invoices don't go through like they are supposed to on some families. Which causes frustrations.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Pamela - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for Kangarootime. We're so happy to hear you've had a good experience with us and that our team has been responsive to feedback. We will take your input about invoices and share it with our product team. If you have any additional feedback in the future, feel free to share it with us!

Karla from Palmetto Preschool

All encompassing childcare management software

Pros

We love the fact that Kangarootime has automated so much of our business processes! It's great to have one product that handles everything from accounting to employees to parents. The Kangarootime support team has been great along the way!

Cons

There are some shortfalls in reporting and there is necessary development to still be done to make the software package as fully robust as it could be. However, Kangarootime has come a long way in development and design since we first became a client in 2017.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied January 2020

Hi Karla - Thank you so much for taking the time to review Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear that our software has automated your business and that our team has been helpful to you! We appreciate your feedback and have shared that with our product team. If you have any additional feedback in the future, please reach out!

Jessica from Kidz Ink 5

Kangarootime Review

Billing is very difficult and using the system in our classrooms is difficult.

Pros

up to date with the times, billing automatically goes onto the statement, when a payment is done online

Cons

you have to click on every single icon to get to an account, change an account, it is not on the same screen and makes it difficult to input information. It is very tedious and time-consuming. Our other software was very easy to utilize, we could see the charges, account details, all on one page.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Jessica - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We appreciate your candid feedback about the challenges you have with the software. We have shared this with our product team. We're excited to share that we have some exciting updates for next year that will improve the user experience. If you have an input you would like to share in the future, please feel free to reach out to us.

Christine from Resurrection Lutheran Child De

Kangarootime Rocks!

Pros

We can't believe how much time we have reclaimed since beginning with KT. The parents love the real time updates and the staff loves the visual cues and intuitive use. I love that parents can pay online and I now receive over 90% of tuition in the first week of each month!

Cons

Wishing I could upload a word document right into class notes so that we can upload flyers and lesson plans.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Christine - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for Kangarootime! We are thrilled to hear that our software has helped your team save time and that we've helped improve communication with your staff and families. We have shared your feedback about uploading Word documents with our product team. If you have any feedback in the future that you would like to share, do not hesitate to reach out.

Lynda from King of Glory Preschool

Kangarootime has helped to free some of my time since I don't have to make sign-in sheets every week

Pros

I find Kangarootime user friendly and once you learn how to operate it, it's pretty easy. I like the fact that all the children are assigned into classrooms, so I know who is here and who is absent. I also like the fact that the company is always improving functions and making it easier for everyone to use.

Cons

When you are on one page and need to go to another, it is difficult to go back and at times you have to start from the beginning. We should be able to go back and forth, from page to page with out being dumped out of the system. In the messaging area I would like the parent to be assigned to a child especially if they have a different last name. In the afternoon the teachers stay on the main rooming page as, they are responsible for check out for all the children and you don't see when any new messages come in. If parents don't request check in or check out, we don't know if that child is here until we are in our separate classrooms or ready to go home.

Kristy from New Kent Christian Academy

Industry: Individual & Family Services

Good software for Child care facilities

Helps our teachers keep track of diaper changes, feeding etc. Billing is a little confusing but has been helpful.

Pros

Helps with handling billing and payments

Cons

Needs a home button on all pages. Some features are hard to use or find.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Kristy - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for Kangarootime. We're glad to hear that we've been helpful with handling billing and payments. We have shared the feedback about the home button with our product team. If you want to provide more specific feedback to us, do not hesitate to reach out. Thanks again for taking the time!

Lailanie from Precious Lamb Preschool

Kangarootime and their staff has made our transition smooth and comfortable! We are big fans!

Pros

As a director, I love that I have access to the families information, who is in school that day, what teachers are there, can message families, etc. all remotely. I dont have to rustle through paperwork or interrupt the teachers teaching for information that I can easily look up. The time/date stamps for attendance, the family info, the messaging everyone at the same time are my favorite features and has saved me time.

Cons

That a child cannot have another person's guardian on their pick up list. That has been a frustrating issue for parents and teachers, and have had to resort to signing original paperwork in the meantime on those occasions.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied February 2018

Hello Lailanie! The guardian issues will soon be resolved! Please make sure that you reach out to our customer success team to show you the MASSIVE updates in the Hopper. We have implemented the 'Education' 'Developmental' and 'Cognitive' milestones. Hope all is well! Scott Wayman Founder and CEO

Dawn from The Pillars Christian Learning Center

Overall my experience has been great. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing and ready to jump in and help when I have a question, concern or suggestion.

Pros

I like that I can set up the billing process and leave it to run everything.

Cons

Pulling reports is a bit trying. Putting in an excel doc instead of just giving info needed. After getting the excel spreadsheet, I then have to manipulate it to get the exact info I need out of all the info it gives me.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Dawn - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for us. We're thrilled to hear that Kangarootime has helped with your billing process and our customer service team has been a great resource for you! If you have any more feedback in the future, don't hesitate to reach out to us!

April from Teddy Bear Day Care and Preschool

LOve Kangaroo Time

Pros

I like the ease of use for our parents and our Staff. We like that it allows the administration staff to see the staff to child ratio at all times. My favorite feature is the automation of the billing cycle. I do not have to push a button every week to push the invoices out and I do not have to run parents payments.

Cons

That we can not add both parents at registration. We can only add one and they have to invite the other parent, this has caused some issues with some families.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi April - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear that your parents and staff find it easy to use. We also shared the feedback about registration with our product teamwe have some exciting new features launching next year! If you have any input in the future, feel free to share it with our team.

Jaimie from Doodlebug Lane Childcare Center

Great Software Program

Amazing!!!!!!

Pros

The costumer service is so helpful and great to deal with.

Cons

Remembering all the steps to go thru in billing

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Jaimie - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime! We're thrilled to hear that our customer service team has been helpful to you! We will take the feedback about billing and share that directly with our product team (we do have some exciting new features coming up this year that will help with this!). If you have any additional feedback to share with us, don't hesitate to reach out!

jarod from Atlas Immersion Academy

Checks many of the boxes we hoped for

Overall, mostly satisfied with KT. They have an extremely responsive and devoted support staff - I cannot say enough about their support staff, one of the best I've worked with across multiple software implementations across the childcare, small business support, and insurance industries in the past 10 years. It's clear they are still trying to quickly iterate and working out the kinks and idiosyncrasies that come up. Their software development seems to struggle a bit compared and it seems like there is something missing - a guiding vision unifying all the various modules contained in their program

Pros

One stop shopping without extensive software purchases - this software combines a childcare center database, daily reporting app for parents, document manager, child attendance, employee timecard, parent and staff messaging, billing and merchant service (payments), reporting/analytics

Cons

Billing is not intuitive and difficult to learn. It does not integrate easily with our accounting software (quickbooks). Check in/out module can be difficult to use on a tablet due to small size of icons (recommend using the largest tablet you can afford, otherwise icons are tiny). Software does not allow admin to restrict staff to a certain IP address, meaning staff are clocking in/out from anywhere (potential for abuse if staff are clocking in from the parking lot, etc.)

Response from Kangarootime

Replied January 2020

Hi Jarod - Thank you so much for taking the time to review Kangarootime. We appreciate your candid feedback about our software and have shared it with our product team. We have some exciting updates this year that will address some of the challenges you're facing with the software. If you have any additional feedback in the future, do not hesitate to reach out.

Jimmy from The Teaching Tree Preschool

Kangarootime is great!

Pros

I love how easily it is to manage billing as the accounting guy at our school. Also, the whole check in and check out process is easier and better for teachers and parents. To also see what rooms are over or numbers of rooms is so convenient, this is so much better than using tadpoles and procare like we used to.

Cons

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Jimmy - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for Kangarootime! We're so happy to hear that we've helped your team and parents with our billing, rooming and check-in/check-out features. We also appreciate the feedback about our support response time and will share that with our team. Please feel free to reach out to us with any feedback in the future!

Brooke from The B Hive Childcare Academy

Brooke Sale Review

Very good overall. Customer service is wonderful

Pros

Easy to use, and updated often to accommodate new request from users

Cons

That employees no longer in the app still show up as option to print time cards. I think there should be an active list of employees and inactive when searching dates worked for timecards

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Brooke - Thank you so much for writing a review about Kangarootime. We're so happy to hear your positive feedback! We shared your feedback about former employees showing up with our product team. If you have any input in the future, feel free to reach out to us. Thanks, again, for your review!

Denise from Grace Lutheran Church/Grace Kids Care

Kangarootime Use as a Church Administrator

It is wonderful software! I'd like to see it expand to offer more assistance with projecting income, expenses, etc. (Maybe it has that capability and I just have to learn more!!)

Pros

Cons

Some parents have had trouble logging in, etc.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Denise - Thank you so much for taking the time to review Kangarootime. We're glad to hear that you like the software and it's been helping your center. If you have any additional input you would like to share about parents having trouble logging in, please reach out to us directly. Again, thank you for taking the time!

Dawn from Little Lights

We LOVE Kangarootime!

Saves time and paper with daily reports. Electronics payment options for parents.

Pros

We like that there is no more paper shine reports. Parents can see all about their child's day in email and on the app. Also, being able to see where the children are and tracking ratios make it easy to make staffing decisions. We love the customer service provided. They are quick to answer questions and constantly developing improvements. They listen to our suggestions to try to meet the needs of our unique center.

Cons

Billing, Plans, Invoices all require lots of steps that we hope will be more streamlined soon.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied March 2018

We're always glad to receive customer feedback, thank you Dawn! We've updated the filtering options and usability of messages, but we're always continuing to improve these features with customers like you in mind!

Shannon from Care-A-Lot Child Care

Great for Communication

Kangarootime has been a great addition to our business. The ability to track all of the children and staff in the center in real time and the communication features are great!

Pros

I love the ability message teachers and parents in real time!

Cons

The reports could be more user friendly and tailored to the needs of the center.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Shannon, Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear that Kangarootime is helping your business communicate better with teachers and parents! We also appreciate the feedback about the product and will share this with our product teamwe have some exciting updates coming this year that will help with this! If you have any additional feedback in the future, feel free to reach out to us!

Jennifer from Apparo Academy

Engaging with Parents

Kangarootime has helped our Academy to create excellent family communication between all of the staff and parents. It has created an easy way to manage our classroom ratios and to document child success.

Pros

I enjoy having one place where parents can get all of their information from administration, teachers, therapists and nursing staff. I also like the ease of receiving payments from parents or guardians in one location where parents can see their invoices and statements.

Cons

I would like the ability to upload videos to parents about what is happening in their child's therapy sessions. I would also like the ability to have fillable forms within the software for registration and incidents.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Jennifer - Thank you so much for taking the time to review Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear that Kangarootime has helped your Academy improve your communication. We also appreciate the feedback about the ability to upload videoswe shared that with our product team. If you have any additional feedback you would like to share, feel free to reach out to us.

Christina from Blue Skies Exploration Academy

I have enjoyed the software and the switch over.

It is mostly a time saver and parents love being able to pay online

Pros

I like having all of the parent communication piece and my management piece in one software. like being able to look at what the teachers are inputting.

Cons

Not having the Employee section ready and not having the Federal Food Program forms ready. Right now not being able to sumbit this form

Response from Kangarootime

Replied September 2017

Christina, Thanks so much for the review. Employee section and Food Report automation will be here before the end of the year! Thanks so much for being the best!

Cynthia from StartingPoint Academy

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Kangarootime is a great tool for preschools and childcare centers

My overall experience with Kangarootime has been great! The customer service team is swift and considerate. They take suggestions to help make the software more user friendly for our environment.

Pros

What I like most about the software is the tracking and reporting ability for anything we might need.

Cons

What I like least about this software is some of the functions require lots of steps that sometimes I forget.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Cynthia - Thank you so much for writing a review about Kangarootime! We're happy to hear that the tracking and reporting has been helpful to you. We have shared your feedback about the multiple steps with our product team. If you have any input to share in the feature, please reach out to our team!

Ron-Shanita from The Morwell School

So convenient and effective

My experience so far overall has been great. It has brought my business into the 21st century and off of pen and paper.

Pros

Before this software, I was tracking attendance, invoices, payments, and parent correspondence by hand on paper. Kangarootime has freed up so much time and energy and made running my business go so much smoother.

Cons

I wish it was more customizable for my specific business. It would be most convenient if there was center app for my business to use because we are an aftercare service and are not in front of a computer a lot. Also, we charge a different rate one day of the week and there is currently no way to customize that and it requires me to manually add the charge every time.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Ron-Shanita - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear that Kangarootime has tremendously helped your business! We also appreciate the feedback about customization and will share this with our product teamwe're always looking for ways to better serve our customers and develop new solutions. If you have any feedback in the future, please reach out and share it with us!

Kellie from Storybook Child Care

Use of Kangarootime

We enjoy it! It makes my employees jobs so much easier!

Pros

Kangarootime is very easy to operate and the parents love checking in each day on how their child is doing. It saves us so much paper and time by not having to hand write as much. Messaging and taking pictures is a great tool for the parents!

Cons

Errors occurring but I know the system updates a lot

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Kellie - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for Kangarootime. We're glad to hear that our software has helped your parents and employees. If you have any feedback in the future, please reach out to us! Thanks again for taking the time.

Alexa from Active Learning Center 4

KangarooTime

Pros

I like the Customer service most about this software.

Cons

I like the billing Features least about this software.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Alexa - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We're happy to hear that our customer service team has been helpful! We would love to hear more about your challenges with the billing featureplease reach out to us and we would be happy to discuss in further detail. Thanks again for taking the time!

Cecilia from Montessori School of the Desert

Kangarootime surve

Pros

The ability to see who has checked in and when

Cons

Parents have a hard time setting up or editing profiles

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Cecilia - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We're glad to hear that the check-ins have been helpful at your center. We have shared your feedback about setting up profiles with our product team. If you have any feedback in the future, do not hesitate to reach out.

Chelsea from LITTLE LIGHTS CHILDCARE CENTER

My overall experience with KT has been great! I enjoy working with the program.

Kangarootime is a great tool to use for childcare facilities! It helps our center stay organized and simple.

Pros

I like the feature where all the child information is easy to access quickly. Also, the employee features where staff can clock in without having to sign in every time. Its much more convenient for teachers who are in a hurry to get to class. The Development and Support teams always get things done quickly and are very helpful.

Cons

KT phone App does not always work and tends to be frustrating to parents.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied March 2018

Thanks for the feedback, Chelsea! We have made several updates to the parent app recently and we're continuing to improve it even more! We can't wait to release the staff schedule feature!

Samanth from The Way Church PDO & Preschool

Love it!

The customer service team is great. All in all we love the software.

Pros

I liked that it was not a monthly subscription. One payment and its yours.

Cons

The rooming feature could be more user friendly, but still works well.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Samanth - Thank you so much for taking the time to review Kangarootime! We're thrilled to hear that you like the software and our customer service team has been helpful to you! If you have any more specific feedback about the rooming feature that you would like to share, please reach out to us directly. Again, thank you for writing a review!

Taylor from Smart start early learning academy

KangarooTime

It has been great

Pros

It is very easy to use, simple that all my employees and parents have no problem figuring out the app/online

Cons

I dont like having to log back in every time I leave rooming but I do understand the reasoning as to why it is that way

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Taylor - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We are thrilled to hear that our software is easy to use for both your employees and families! If you have any feedback in the future, do not hesitate to reach out!

Annette from Learning Garden Academy of Montville

Hands down, the best customer service team. Any issues are quickly and effectively handled.

Pros

The tuition payment tracking capability as well as the ability to stay connected to our parents throughout the day are the two greatest features of this program. The extra security that the check in and check out feature provide are invaluable. I am very happy with the decision to stay with Kangarootime - we did research other child care management software when taking over this facility and felt that this one best suited our needs. The customer support has been outstanding.

Cons

Hearing from parents that they are unhappy about the credit card surcharge is what we like least about this program.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied September 2017

Annette, we are so honored to have you as a customer. This one one our first 'resales' where we transitioned to a new ownership team. Thanks for being so mindful with everything going on in your new business. Please let us know how we can add to your NPS (Net Promoter Score) as that is our obsession to assure that you delight the families you serve. Thanks, Scott Wayman Founder and CEO

Erica from Sunshine Daycare Center

Sunshine

Pros

I like using the rooming feature the most

Cons

Immunizations feature has to be my least favorite

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Erica - Thank you so much for taking the time to review Kangarootime. We're happy to hear that the rooming feature has been working well for you! If you have more feedback about the immunizations feature that you would like to share with us, please reach out to us. Thanks again for taking the time!

Leigh from Care-A-Lot

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

It's a wonderful tool to connect with others!

Pros

The ability to digitally communicate with clients/parents/coworkers, upload and store photos, and share special milestones

Cons

Response from Kangarootime

Replied July 2019

Leigh, Thanks so much for the feedback. We are REALLY excited to show some of the new features and look forward to the continued feedback.

Shira from Discovery Village

Great product

The experience has been very good.

Pros

The integration with Kisi locks and ability for families to pay through the app are exceptional!

Cons

The ability to use for lesson plans is limited and the payroll function was not sufficiently user friendly for us to use.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Shira - Thanks so much for writing a review for Kangarootime! We're so happy to hear that the lock integration and the payments have helped your center! We appreciate the feedback about the lesson plans and payroll and have shared that with our product team. If you have any feedback in the future, do not hesitate to reach out!

Steve from Busy Little Hands Early Learning Center

Kangarootime has been wonderful to work with. They really care about their customers.

Empowering my teachers to be responsible for teacher/child ratios, communicating with parents, and documenting cool things that happen each day.

Pros

Kangarootime has been wonderful to work with. They really care about their customers and strive to improve the software to meet the needs of my center. Many issues have been fixed or improved within 7 days which is really fast in the software world.

Cons

Waiting for more great features! I know they work very hard and things are improving very quickly but its hard to wait when your business doesn't wait for you.

Jenna from Shoestring Preschool

Life Changing

Pros

I love how easy my job is now that I'm using Kangarootime! Everything I have to do as an Administrator is fast and easy and accurate - from billing to reporting and the in-classroom portion is amazing. I love that I can log on from anywhere and see exactly what my ratios are in the entire center, even when I'm home sick. This software changed my life and my staff and parents LOVE it. I have an edge on my competition now that I'm using this.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2017

Jenna, Thanks so much for the feedback!

Tara from Bloom

Super user friendly software and amazing customer support

Pros

I like that I can check in on my school at any time from anywhere. Parents love the daily reports and personal photo galleries. Teachers love how quickly and efficiently they can enter info throughout the day.

Cons

Every once in a while when the company makes updates the software temporarily messes up the next morning and can be unusable for an hour or so until they fix it. I will say the customer service is amazing and any hiccups are fixed extremely quickly

Response from Kangarootime

Replied August 2017

Tara, we appreciate the review!

Melissa from New Wonders Learning Center, Inc.

We are so happy with Kangarootime and it's customer service!

Pros

What I like most about Kangarootime is the amount of information we are able to share with the parents on a daily basis.

Cons

There has not been anything that we like least since we have been using Kangarootime. Any questions we have come across, the kangarootime team has been amazing in answering them and guiding us.

Wade from Little Beginnings Learning Center

Team Work

Good. We appreciate their quick response to issues that are on the admin. side of the software. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] routinely joins conf. calls to be sure we know they are listening.

Pros

The admin side, billing etc works very well. KT has been great to work with when we have an issue.

Cons

The communication parts and parent/teacher facing side is still lacking.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Wade - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review for Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear that the billing software has worked well for you and that our team has been helpful. We appreciate the feedback about the parent/teacher facing sidewe have some exciting updates coming next year that will improve all users' experience. If you have any feedback in the future, please reach out to us.

Valarie from New Wonders Learning Center, Inc.

What an AMAZING company to work with!! Customer Service is top notch and software is the best!!!

Pros

As the owner of a center I love the billing feature and I can control everything right at my computer!

Cons

There is nothing negative that I can say at all. I all love Kangarootime and everything it has to offer our center!

Amy from The learning Bug Academy

Kangarootime

Pros

The cost of product is great as it is easy to use

Cons

Wish there was easier way to set up drop in children

Response from Kangarootime

Replied January 2020

Hi Amy - Thank you so much for taking the time to review Kangarootime. We're thrilled to hear that we've helped your center. We appreciate the feedback about drop-in children and have shared this with our product team. If you have any additional feedback in the future, do not hesitate to reach out.

Kangaroo Time has changed how we communicate with parents

Pros

I love that I can digitally communicate with parents throughout the day to send photos, anecdotes, and reminders. It has changed how we communicate with them and eliminates all of the unnecessary paperwork.

Cons

What we've been waiting for

I was thrilled to find out that there was a program out there that managed all things childcare. I am looking forward to new features which will improve an already amazing and efficient program.

Pros

Easy to use, all management tools are in one place,

Cons

App freezes if I accidentally hit the "back" button on my phone instead of the "X" when trying to exit the picture gallery, I do not get notifications when my children's teachers send new messages (I typically just happen upon them a day or so later), and it is 100% impossible for me to find a way to delete a guardian; I have been looking both on the app and on a computer browser for 2 days, and am now waiting for a call back from customer service.

Scott from Little learner academy

Excellent from the start! Great customer support!

Went paperless

Pros

This software has everything I need all in one site. The daily reports and the tracking of children is by far the best I have seen out there! I researched many companies and kangarootime was the most user friendly and best deal out there!

Response from Kangarootime

Replied August 2017

Thanks so much Scott!!!

Functional and useful to a parent

I was able to see pictures and access my child's whole day with the click of a button.

Pros

I like that the app and the website have the same set up and system functionality. It was easy as a parent to use the system, once I was set up into it. Payments were a breeze in the system, as well. The check in system was helpful and secure.

Cons

The pictures would glitch and freeze in the app, even when properly updated. On the website version of the software, once pictures were in the system for more than a week, they were unable to be opened.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied February 2018

Thanks so much for your review! The parent app is undergoing so very exciting changes and will provide you with some AWESOME functionality very soon. We are always so glad to hear from our parents and our goal is to bring you a connected experience. Please reach out to our customer success team any time! Scott Wayman Founder and CEO

Diane from Park View Academy

Not Happy!

Well, I gave up all together understanding your program. The amount of work to do one entry is ridiculous. I can't stand the fact that if I have one simple question, I have to schedule an apt and it is usually 4 or 5 days out. Frankly, extremely disappointed with this program and the overall response time to one simple issue.

Pros

Originally the two-way communication between parents and teachers, as well as the billing.

Cons

Everything. It is not user-friendly at all.

Response from Kangarootime

Replied December 2019

Hi Diane - Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about Kangarootime. We are sorry Kangarootime has not met your expectations. We would like more information about your specific experience with Kangarootime and will have a member of our team reach out to you directly.