• Pros

• "I like the formal proposal feature. It save a lot of time and lays everything out in an easily understandable format for customers. I also like how I can setup assembly groups."

• "In general, this program provides a great solution for estimating the budget. It is easy to use and its customer service is really good."

• "I don't have any pro's. The software is not user friendly in Canada. "

• Cons

• "The only con I have is the same with just about all estimating software, which is that you need to purchase additional software to perform digital take offs"

• "Like everything, there is a price attached but it can save you money overall if a large project or multiple projects"

• "It is excellent for large projects or multiple projects since its price is high if it is used for a single project or by people who need to do a specific job."

Browse TurboBid Estimating Reviews

Joshua from Electrocal, Inc.

Excellent product and excellent customer service

I have been elated since I chose TurboBid. I did a LOT of research before choosing them. They had the right base price for the software, I liked that I had an actual software package not an online only program. I can honestly say that a small part of me depends on TurboBid now. Being a small one person shop, I can always do things way faster in my head. Then I get on the job and realize, what about the screws! What about the hole that I didn't think would take me so long and now drilling that one hole ate up my profit. Not with TurboBid. Now I don't do off the top of my head bids anymore, I run the job through TurboBid and I know I will be profitable when I give my price. It may not always be the cheapest bid, but it will be the right bid at the right price for my company. Do a few jobs once and compare them apples to apples for labor hours. If you are honest, I bet your actual jobtime labor hours comes out pretty close to what TurbBid estimates! I am way more profitable now as a company. It really paid for itself after a few bids. Oh and their customer service is top notch!!! I had an issue and the Vice president worked with me on it! That is service!

Pros

I like the ease of use. Overall it is a very easy program to learn. With the way that it is setup like a flow chart, you can keep progressing through the steps on the program to make sure you don't miss anything. That is one of its main positives, it let's you get through the steps for a more accurate (not always the cheapest) more thorough, quicker bid. You know that when you are done, you will have the confidence that you can submit the right price for the job. I am definitely more profitable now.

Cons

There is a slight learning curve. searching through the list tree can be daunting but they have a great search feature that can work around it.

Response from Advanced Electrical Technologies

Replied September 2018

Hello Joshua, Thank you so much for the kind words! We are thrilled to work with you and your company. Always remember, we're here for you whenever you needs us. We look forward to working with you for many years to come!

Steve from Southeast Electrical Constructors, Inc.

Electrical Service Pricing and Project Estimating

TurboBid has been extremely useful in helping me grow my business. Working with CSRs has helped me better understand the electrical contracting business. Their customer support is always spot on.

Pros

TurboBid is easy to set up and use on a daily basis to price service work. I estimate electrical jobs from a few hundred dollars to over a million. The data base is massive and easy to adapt to any estimate. It gives me clear, easy to understand reports and material take-offs. I have been using TurboBid since 2012 and have seen amazing progress within the system to make it easier and faster to produce accurate estimates and proposals for my customers.

Cons

I have not had any negative experiences using TurboBid or the customer support.

Reasons for Choosing TurboBid Estimating

Far more adaptable to my business plan and much more cost effective than any software I used while working with previous employers.

Robert from R.G. Elmore & Associates Inc.

Turbo Bid Electrical Estimating Software

We are able to turn out the most professional proposals in the least amount of time. You can give your customer anything from just a plain bid price to an extensive proposal that includes all of the equipment being used, and all of the labor being supplied. Even a room by room breakdown of the items included for your customers review.

Pros

Ease of use, was up and running in an afternoon. Great customer service, everyone at Turbo Bid is great and they care about their customers, always available for good advice and a great learning experience. They really go the extra mile to help with a problem you may have encountered.

Cons

There is absolutely nothing that I dislike, the entire program is very functional, easy to learn, and accurate.

Response from Advanced Electrical Technologies

Replied September 2018

Hello Robert, We are so glad to hear that you're enjoying TurboBid! You and your company have been an absolute pleasure to work with. If you ever need anything at all, we're always here for you! Thank you again for all the kind words.

Kevin from Safeguard Electric

Complete waste of money for Canadian businesses!

I am unable to use it and spent way too much time with support trying to figure it out. I would of been better off throwing my money out of the window of my truck!

Pros

I don't have any pro's. The software is not user friendly in Canada.

Cons

Does not work in Canada like I was informed during the sales process. You are unable to get Canadian prices from distributors to work with the software, hence you cannot perform accurate estimates in a timely matter. Complete waste of money spent that could of been used somewhere else as a newly started business. I just use the excel spreadsheet I developed, which is much faster and accurate. I will purchase a Canadian friendly software when I recover from this wasted purchase, like McCormick or Accubid.

Response from Advanced Electrical Technologies

Replied August 2019

While we are always remiss to disagree with one of our customers, Kevin's statement is simply not true. Kevin was informed of the following methods to update his material prices in TurboBid. 1) "Update Price by File". This is a price file supplied by vendors that is uploaded into TurboBid. The only data that is required is the material description, UPC #, Unit of Measure, and Vendor Price. The fact that Kevin's vendor is in Canada makes no difference since they use the same data. Kevin's issue was that his vendor simply refused to provide him with the file. 2) Trade Service. TraSer is a 3rd party application that interfaces with TurboBid. It is used to update vendor pricing in TurboBid. If you contact Trade Service, they will confirm that the TraSer link in TurboBid works as it should in Canada. Trade Service told us that the reason Kevin could not update vendor prices in TurboBid was that he canceled his TraSer subscription before his vendors were approved.

July 2016

Michael from LLOYD ELECTRIC, LLC.

July 2016

Very detailed and useful!

I'm beginning my own electrical business as a Master Electrician. I purchased Turbo Bid because I needed to accurately estimate new residential and commercial projects. With direction from Bill Ruffner and Andrew Ruffner, I was able to very quickly learn how to use their program and navigate through their software program. I'm very happy with how easy it is to learn and with the customer service they provide.

Pros

The detail in which program has. There are so many hidden company expenses a company has that Turbo Bid brings to light and allows you to account for in estimating. Also the ease of making a fast estimate through the material assemblies. Also, Turbo Cloud enables you to get updated pricing and updated assemblies.

Response from Advanced Electrical Technologies

Replied July 2016

Thank you Michael. It's always a source of satisfaction on our part when we can help someone in your position improve your business whereas you can provide a better quality of life for your family, as well as bring balance back into your life.

Adam from Chapman Electric Inc.

I use TurboBid for electrical estimating of residential projects.

Faster estimate completion time.

Pros

Cons

I dislike the way navigation through assemblies works. I would rather be able to type in a search bar when I need to add an assembly, especially one not used often.

Rafael from INGENIERA DE CONSULTA INCOSTAS, SA

Very good software to make pipe estimates. Large database available.

For some projects, I have compared the actual cost of each project compared to the estimated costs based on this program and similar ones, considering that the costs estimated through the TurboBid were almost always those that were closer to the real costs. Although I have used it for small projects (houses), I think it is feasible, given the results I have obtained, to increase its use to larger projects, for which I continue to use other software.

Pros

Although I have not used it much yet, if I have monitored the evolution of its database in some specific items where I know that there have been specific price variations in a relatively short period of time. I have been able to verify that the database has faithfully reflected these changes, unlike other similar software, where these changes are not reflected or are observed with an important time lag. Your customer service is above the average to which I am accustomed to receive when I have made inquiries.

Cons

Although as I said previously, the customer service is higher than the average that I'm used to receiving technically speaking. However, his response time, on the other hand, has been quite slow, at least in my particular case

William from Marsden and Sons Electric

My Oppinion

I hope to have time this winter to sit down and learn the program better

Pros

The are always working to make it better

Cons

Never been able to adjust for different crews and pay scale to get my true number

Response from Advanced Electrical Technologies

Replied September 2018

Hi William, Please feel free to go into TurboBid's "Help" menu and select "Schedule Live Training". We'll be more than happy to show you how to select your different crews and pay scales. As you noted, we are constantly adding new features and functionalities to TurboBid via auto update. When we get together, we'll make sure that you're fully aware of everything that TurboBid can do for you. While the built-in video tutorials are helpful, sometimes live training can provide better clarity. Here is a link to a video tutorial for Manpower Classifications. Some of the screens in the video have been revised in TurboBid 5.0 but the basic concepts remain the same: https://youtu.be/BYRkL-ce1JI Best Regards, TurboBid Support

Nicholas from River Town Electric LLC

Newbe

So far I'm very happy with Turbo bid. I'm new to estimating so it was all very unsettling at first but I've used it for several projects now and I'm getting more and more familiar with the software and more confident with my numbers.

Pros

My favorite thing about the software is the Technical Support. I've only used it once but it was fantastic!

Cons

The thing I liked least is that it's overwhelming at first. There are so many things you can do with it that it's just a lot to take in at first. However if you're a contractor, you're already used to that and you already know how to eat an elephant.

Response from Advanced Electrical Technologies

Replied August 2018

Hi Nicholas, Thank you so much for the kind words. Please let us know if you ever need anything at all in the future, we are always more than happy to help. We really look forward to working with you!

Moshe from MG Electrical Estimators LLC

Amazing software!!I would recommend this to any estimator

Pros

Turbobid is a very logical step by step estimating process. Has a lot of cool features and report generating capabilities.

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say.

Aliesha from LAWDEL Electrical Services, LLC

New to business - Turbobid has helped

We started a electrical business without a lot of experience and talent in all areas except estimating. I'm so glad we went with Turbobid. Not only were we able to figure it out with this software but their customer service was so helpful and got us in the right direction.

Pros

Customer service is amazingly helpful. Pretty user friendly. Lots of options to help. Never bid before using this system and even I can do it with Turbobid! Lots of helpful videos are available.

Cons

Setting up assemblies are a little harder to figure out but I'll call and I'm sure I will get help.

Alfredo from Enigma Electric

Turbo bid

It has good customer service but some of the prices dont add up. For example 1/2" emt is more expensive than 3/4" emt

Pros

Ease of use

Cons

price differences

Response from Customer Support

Replied November 2016

Hi Alfredo. I would just like to address your comment about our material pricing being inaccurate. When you purchased TurboBid, you were prompted to update the database that was included in your free trial. It appears that by your comment, you did not do this. In your example, you stated that EMT is more expensive than EMT. I have sent you some screen shots of these items via email. The screenshots show the pricing for July 2016 and October 2016. In both cases, EMT was cheaper than EMT. When TurboBid is installed, a copy of our SQL database is installed on the users local computer. We maintain TurboBids master database on our server in the clouds. We update the material prices every month. We revise the material items data as needed, such as the UPC #, Catalog #, Labor Unit, etc. We also add new items and assemblies to this master database on a regular basis. TurboBid users have access to this updated database through our award winning TurboCloud database maintenance feature. TurboCloud can be used to update their local material prices every month. It can be used to update their local material items data to reflect any revisions. It can also be used to add new items and assemblies to their local database. In other words, it keeps their local database accurate and up to date with the click of a button. Please let us know if you would like a free month of TurboCloud. This will allow you to add all of the new items and assemblies that weve added since you bought TurboBid, as well as to update your material prices to current levels. Best Regards, TurboBid Support

September 2012

Adam from Clayco Electric

September 2012

I began using TurboBid's new Flat Rate feature the moment it was uploaded and I made our first Flat Rate book to distribute to the residential service crew. I just plugged in our rates and it was ready. The most useful feature is the estimate pricing detail in proposals. Its simple to use and is exactly what my customers have been asking for in a proposal format. I can create a quick accurate proposal for small service jobs with every task already broken out. They dont have to call back and ask for a breakdown. This has already saved me time and the tedious task of defending the total job price. They see from the start what the job will require. TurboBid is the best system I have seen. It allows complete customization. I dont feel like I have to give up my manual take-off experience and let a machine do it as many claim a software requires. It just has sped up every estimating task with greater accuracy and consistency. I have made believers out of the old guys who never trusted the other systems. Im now quoting jobs with much less headaches.

Dave from Bullett ElectricInc

Very satisfied with Turbo Bid

I now have used Turbo Bid for our company for the past month. I scheduled my second meeting to go to the next level of my training. For me, this biding software is easy to use, easy to learn, very user-friendly, and a good step by step process. I was wanting to learn a more advanced level of Knowledge on this software, and that is what I received. Thanks Bill for going above and beyond on this training for me.

Pros

Step By Step.

Cons

Can't print the bid price detail, or I don't know where to print it.

Michael from The Service Man

Great Software

I love the flexibility in templating the process from start to finish. It's not just a pricing software but a complete package.

Pros

Templates, ease of use. design.

Cons

You have to buy a 3rd party software to take off directly from digital plans.

October 2014

William from Pro Energy Electric

October 2014

From Guesstamator To Estimator

Pros

It's user-friendly, with videos to guide you step by step. The owner is approachable and knowledgeable about his product and estimating. I also like how professional my bid packages are and how you are in control of your estimating software.

Cons

That I did not purchase this estimating software years ago.

CASEY from Wattcom Electric Inc.

Project Manager

Turbo bid estimating software has forces myself and my employees to be more organized and most importantly profitable! What a difference! It's cut my time spent on estimates to a fraction of the time it used to take and has won us more bid by being so complete.

Ben from Electrical Solutions LLC

Turbo Bid free Trial

My first impression of Turbo Bid is excellent. As I said, I'm still in the trial phase but the estimating program is easy to learn and the customer support has been great.

Response from Advanced Electrical Technologies

Replied October 2016

We're really glad to hear that you're enjoying your free trial Ben! If you ever have any questions, or need absolutely anything at all, please just let us know. We're always more than happy to help. Thanks so much for the awesome review, we really look forward to working with you!

Tobias from 4766 Fennwood Drive

Love the ease of use

Pros

Ease of use is nice on this product. The beginning estimator should be able to open the program and start using it right away.

MITCHELL from Extraco Banks

Used for personal construction/remodeling cost estimation

Very helpful in some personal construction remodeling projects I was comparing bids on.

Pros

Very user friendly, that it can be used for estimating all types of work (residential, commercial, industrial, new construction, remodeling, service work, flat rate pricing) and that it produces a far superior bid package than other estimating programs.

January 2015

Michael from Sunset Electric

January 2015

Good program for quick bids.

Pros

It gives you start ups that are easily customizable to your scope of work, making unlimited assemblies for everything.

Cons

It can be a resource hog; having good processing power is a plus.

Alexandra from Spectrum Electric Inc

Best Estimating Software I've used

Pros

We are absolutely glad that we found Turbo Bid, It's been very helpful, it's very user-friendly and has a lot of information for estimating.

Cons

Customer Service is very friendly and useful, but they need to work on assessing customers problems a bit faster.

Troy from Got Watts Electric

Awesome product.

After a couple of webinars and some videos it becomes second nature to put estimates together.

Pros

They have thought of everything and the creater was my teacher during the webinar.

Cons

Pricing was not close during the initial estimate but that was easily correctable.

Herbert from Advance Light And Power Electric Corp.

Turbo Bid the bidding software which is easy to use

I'm very happy with this software so far. I'm in the beginning stages of this product but I'm really comfortable and its easy to use.

is very complete