• Pros

• "Very easy to setup. Once setup, don't have to mess with again till another customer needs setup. Works great."

• "Reliability and support are the most important features for us. The reliability for us has been phenomenal. "

• "We use Lexicom and it is very stable and easy to use once you start using it. I can have multiple trading partners as well as setting up test partners. Documentation made it easy!"

• Cons

• "There are some scripting features like If, Then logic which would be nice to have. Also, I have a need for complex scheduling which is not fully available. "

• "Sometimes can be slow. If you do not have the right PTF's on the Power 8 installed it will fail badly"

• "There is currently a lack of available online knowledgebase for their products. However, they are working on implementing one."

Browse Cleo Integration Cloud Reviews

Andre from Mondetta Clothing

Cleo changed our B2B process

We are satisfied with the move to Cleo and waiting for new products in 2019.

Pros

What I like on Cleo is the quality of the products and how they are update. We use Clarify for mapping translation. The quality of our mapping, implementation time and cost moved more then 500%.

Cons

It is not intuitive and you may have to invest a lot of time in how to use the system but overall this is the only difficult that you may have.

Christopher from Multistate Tax Commission

We have been looking for a secure way to transfer large files and Cleo does exactly what we need!

The ability to share large files with external users as well as using the High Speed Protocol to sync folders with remote users to ensure data backups from a central location.

Pros

It says what it says it does. I like that once it is installed and configured it works. That seems pretty basic, but that is not always the case with new software. I also like that I have expandability. The features we are currently using are only a fraction of what we could be using, so down the road as we find use cases for Cleo to solve, we will already have the software installed and we will already be familiar with it.

Cons

There isn't much not to like. It solved the issue we were having with sending large files securely. If I was forced to come up with a con it would be that you do have to purchase a lot of functionality just to solve one problem. A more, al a carte pricing model, for our small organization, would have been a better fiscal fit.

Mark from MercuryGate

Great software. Still a few bugs that need to be worked out

Pros

Features are what I like best as well as ease of use. The fact that clarify is being integrated in Harmony is great and will assist our company greatly

Cons

The software still has some bugs that we are waiting to be addressed. The ability to handle large amount files can cause issue. Once these issues are addressed the software will be great.

Very solid product. Feature-rich and intuitive.

Pros

The clarify product is far above the competitors and offers many more features. I have evaluated many similar products and landed on Clarify because of the flexibility of the tool and the expansive feature set. The support and service from Cleo is also excellent. I would strongly recommend this product.

Cons

As a user of many versions of the product, the migration path between major revisions can be tedious. I can appreciate the need for this when there are major changes to the software, but to date that has been my only complaint with this software.

Jose from 3SKYE

An efficient platform for managing and deploying projects.

Cleo is a complete application integration tool that we were looking for, it allows us to store all our projects in the cloud and manage them in a better way, it allows us to give a faster access to users and manage password protected data which gives us a better security.

Pros

I like this tool because it allows us to add all kinds of data without problems and allows a much simpler access to all the information available in each project and designed in each platform or application, it is a great saving of energy and hardware.

Cons

I have no complaints about this platform.

Software works well and customer support is amazing and timely!

Pros

Cons

Not knowing much about EDI, I had to learn how to use the software, other than that I am unable to find anything to date that I don't like about the software!

Andre from Mondetta Clothing

Cleo is a complete solution to integrate your business

Pros

What I most like is the customer service department. The software is great, but when I need any assistance in how to connect my projects, the CS or the sales department are able to assist you very well

Cons

What is least like is a leak of connector to integrate cloud platforms in the eCommerce. Nowadays, the ERP, CRM, eCommerce are running in the cloud and as much connector you can have, better is your experience and integration.

Very easy to use.

AS2

Pros

Everything is in one spot. Very simple and tech support knows there stuff. The integration to our Power 8 is great

Cons

Cleo is one of the easiest products that I have worked with to install

The biggest issue we had prior to this software was the inability to provide both unzip and decrypting on ftp uploads with the same workflow. It required us to touch and move data multiple times intsead of doing it all in one process. Cleo solved this issue.

Pros

Cleo's support is top notch. I have yet to run into an issue where their team was unable to assist me in resolving the problem presented.

Kerry from Champions cleaners

My smarts

Pros

I like how it will tell me how things are going in my account. It also gives me quiz about my budgets.

Cons

Nothing really I'm pleased with this software

Juliann from St. Ann's Community

Good Effort!

Customer support has been very helpful and prompt with a same day callback. If they can't fix the issue right away, they are persistent with their efforts until the issue is fixed. I think that the ease of use could be improved with additional documentation on how to use the ruleset functions and some better documentation on using VLTrader.

Pros

The functionality. I am able to use information from a database to create other tables, flat files or xml files. Once I had a template to use as an example, I was able to automate the creation of a fixed width file within 3 days. This was a process that I thought would never be able to automate.

Cons

The log errors are often difficult to understand if you aren't familiar with java. VLTrader seemed so easy to use during training but parts of it seem not to be working correctly.

Sean from Crete Carrier Corporation

Cleo Clarify is easy to use and flexible for our business processes.

EDI integration with hundreds of trading partners and very high volume of transaction processing.

Pros

Ability to quickly change from Test to Production servers. Ability to set up custom audit filters specific to our purposes. Integration with SVN repository for project management. Easy to deploy changes to projects.

Cons

Current cluster architecture is too touchy and dependent upon services (nodes) being started in the correct order. It takes close to 90 minutes from start to finish to properly bring the environment down and back up again (10 server cluster).

Rick from Datalliance

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Harmony is very powerful and has a lot of options. Once you understand the software, it is easytouse

Easy communication between us and our trading partners.

Pros

All the options. Harmony will do just about everything dealing with communications. It is very flexible with a lot of functionality included by default. A lot of new options and functionality are added regularly.

Cons

There are so many options, finding what you want and the best way can be difficult. Support can be slow getting back when you are researching how to do something. New features and options are not communicated well when they are released.

Mike from Prairie Farms Dairy, Inc.

Industry: Dairy

Our customer experience with Cleo's B2B software has been excellent.

Cleo software allows us to stay connected electronically to our customers.

Pros

Our company uses the Cleo / EXTOL EEI software which runs in the IBM i. What we like most about this software is it's reliability. EEI is feature rich and very functional. The support behind this product is phenomenal. We feel like Cleo Services and Support are extensions of our in house technical department ready and willing to help us solve any problem large or small. Thank you Cleo!

Skip from Fellowes, Inc.

My experience in using Cleo for the company has been very rewarding. We've used Cleo for 12+ years.

Pros

VLTrader 's functionality has always been dependable and effective, making it easy to on-board new EDI trading partners. Monitoring activity is also made very easy, and it has useful and clear reporting.

Cons

My only concern with the tool has been its limited functionality with posting files across platform boundaries. i.e. Securely coping\appending files between windows and unix while maintaining the integrity of the original contents has been an ongoing desire.

Evan from Hansen & Adkins Auto Transport

This software is very flexible and very simple to use.

Pros

The product's interface is very intuitive and simple to use. Though it does take time to get used to the functionality of each module, the application does provide a very flexible solution to many business processes.

Cons

Though this product is very flexible, I have come across a few items that would make the application more streamline. If there were a copy feature, that would make life easier. Also, the upgrade and backup process can be made better.

Joseph from Central States Funds

Good, easy to use product

I have a smooth running, error free, mostly automated file transfer process. The reliability makes administration minimal.

Pros

I use Cleo VLTrader and it is very easy to use. Very reliable and low maintenance. Once you learn the install and outs of it it runs seemkessly.

Mo from Oshawa PUC Networks

One Satisfied Customers

We, at Oshawa Public Urtilitis, use VLTarder EDI to exchange very confidential meter data every day serveral times with government regulatory agency. It is very very important that data are being sent and received on time as per regulatory agency's rules and policy! Cleo VlTrader is so far doing a fantastic job in our end performing this business process. We will be the fail-over Vltrader server soon.

Pros

Reliability and effectiveness of this tools.

Cons

Could not find one!

Susan from Flex Technologies.com

I have no issues with the software and support is excellent.

This product took the weight of having to watch EDI from 4 plants every day to only having to look at it when a plant calls. Saves a lot of time.

Pros

The software is easy to use. Once it is set up, the only reason to worry about it is if the system gets rebooted then you have to make sure you start it back up. Set-up is easy and if there are issues, support is there all the way!

Paul from Elbeco

Learn It, Live It Love it!

The EDI solution offered by Cleo is much different than any other EDI software I've worked on. It is complex if you are unfamiliar with EDI, but Cleo does a phenomenal job of laying everything out for you to build. No EDI software on the market is easy to use without experience, but Cleo does a great job of making it as easy to use as possible. The fact that fail safes are put in to show you where you go wrong is not only a life saver, but a time saver as well. Face it, when you're talking that much code, it's good to see where you go wrong if you make mistakes. I will say that when you implement Cleo's solution, immerse yourself in it. If there is one thing I regret, it's the fact that I let it sit for 6-7 months before looking at it again, and that really was detrimental. On the positive side though, Cleo tech support is on their game and can guide you through even the toughest scenario. Considering their tech support is top notch, I was able to get caught up to speed after a few phone calls. I would recommend to anyone implementing the Cleo solution to get training as well. It is well worth it. The training course takes you from point A to point B with full immersion. The trainers work with you and will guide you along the way. You can tell they genuinely care about whether or not you understand what you are doing. I felt extremely confident after completing training on the EDI software and understood every aspect of the EDI process. Again, get immersed in the software and stay immersed. You'll be thankful you did.

Kyle from Bankers' Bank

Solid support and easy deployments

Increased uptime, less fees for late file delivery, less programming staff required to make one off file movers. Easy admin.

Pros

Cons

A knowledgebase would be a great addition. Vltrader action gui enhancements to make templates would be great for less experienced staff.

Jeremy from Nu-Way Transportation Services, Inc

LexiCom is a great product.

We currently use Cleo's LexiCom product to communicate with our customer via AS2 for edi transactions. It is a great product to use and easy to setup. Once setup, you never have to touch it again. I would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

Cons

Log is very large when looking for errors.

Jim from SGI, LLC

We are currently using VLTrader and we are in the process of moving to Harmony.

By using the VLTrader software we were able to consolidate our AS2 and FTP servers into a single software solution. Saves me time in server maintenance as VLTrader runs with little issues.

Pros

Support is probably the biggest pro. But, I have little issues that were not caused by me! I have worked with support and they have provided excellent guidance on getting the server functioning at a high level.

Cons

The version of VLTrader we are using has a pretty buggy interface. I am sure later versions are better but we had some issues with stabilizing the server. Also don't like not being able to view logs in the interface always times out because we keep a large amount of data.

Pretty reliable

Pros

Cleo EEI is reliable. It just works when it's properly configured. Support staff is generally well informed and trained.

Cons

Interface can be clunky. Reporting is lousy. Communication from the company can be poor. I usually come across product upgrades myself rather than through communications from the company

Donna from Saddle Creek

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Good Customer Support

I have worked with the customer support department on numerous occasions and they patiently work to solve and explain the issue that I report

Pros

Verstaile product and we are able to use it with receiving data and sending data internally and externally.

Cons

Some of the errors are difficult to solve based on the information that is reported to you.

Berlinda from Foremost Groups, Inc.

Industry: Warehousing

Tech Support is great and the instructions are easy to follow.

Stability

Pros

Ease of Use and Ease of the implementation. Tech Support is great and can work with you to help check issues on your system.

Cons

Some errors are not easy to figure out and troubleshoot on our own and have to call Tech Support by that time, it kind of resolve by itself.

Christopher from Bankers' Bank

Great functionality and great support

A great and easy to use SFTP software bundle.

Pros

They offer a wide array of products that interface with each other as well as many features for those products.

Keith from Allen Lund Company

Cleo VLTrader Review - Allen Lund Company

Cleo VLTrader product is great. Very easy to use and has all the functionality I need. AS/2 and FTP connections take minutes to setup. Once you receive the file it is very easy to configure where you want it to go. The previous communication software I was using was so cumbersome, VLTrader is just plain simple to use. It is rare that I need to use support but when I do things can take a little longer than I would like to get resolved. My system admins have been working to move us to a new data center and upgrade to the latest version of VLTrader but have been running into quite a few issues. My system admins report to me that responses are slow and it has really hindered their progress due to lack of timely responses (once a day). It seems odd to me that with such a high quality product, Cleo does not have that same quality attached to its support. Another small gripe I have is the documentation. I would like to see more detail in the documentation and it should be updated to the latest version so that the interfaces looks the same. Overall a great product and very happy with it. We have been using this products for many years now and though we have had a few hiccups in these last few months with the move to a new data center, the overall experience with this product has been great. I have not had an outage on our side since VLTrader was implemented that was due to the software, and that is the most important thing to us.

Scott from Prairie Farms Dairy

Industry: Food Production

The software products work well without a lot of maintenance. Customer support is outstanding.

This software allows us to quickly set up, on board and mange our trading partners.

Pros

I have liked the user interfaces and the ease of operation. Whenever we do encounter something we are not sure how to do, support is available to quickly answer our question.

Robert from The Persimmon Group

System Integration to Enterprise TMS

The ability to integrate into complex TMS system flawlessly. Speeding up development of EDI documents quickly and precisely to get the revenue sooner than later. Ability to connect to the database within the studio to query result sets for use.

Pros

The overall ability of this software is second to none. The interface ability with objects and linking speeds up development. Feature rich and growing with more functionality in the near future. Great product, highly recommended!

Cons

The java engines between versions. When an install is corrupt it doesn't indicate there is an issue with the program files.

Andy from Bunzl Distribution NA

Powerful and reliable mapping tool.

I used EBI 2.6 for a few months last year before our company upgraded to Clarify 4, which I've been using for about 6 months now. I've been working with EDI for over 12 years and I've used three other translation/mapping tools. Clarify 4 seemed buggy and unstable shortly after implementation. But after working closely with Cleo support for the first couple months, the bugs were worked out and stability hasn't been an issue. The final instability issue we had was resolved when we moved our server backup time to a window when the Clarify cluster was down for maintenance. Prior to that, various nodes would go down on Sundays while server backups were taking place. The Clarify tool itself is very powerful. It connects easily to our database files (AS400) and transforms many different types of documents (EDI, XML, Spreadsheets, etc..). I gave it 3 stars for "ease of use" mainly because there are so many things you can do with the tool that it makes it challenging to learn everything quickly. Once you get familiar with everything, it becomes easier to use and easier to understand. Mapping with Clarify is fairly easy and intuitive. We've got around 75 trading partners active on Clarify and will be ramping up with more in the near future. Our company continues to gain confidence and is looking forward to future growth with Clarify!

Randy from AER Manufacturing

Incredible value and lots of bang for the buck

When we were first asked to connect to one of our customers with a secure protocol, we were overwhelmed with all of the terminology and had no clue on how to begin our project. One of my former colleagues suggested I take a look at Cleo to run on our IBM i. After purchasing and installing Cleo, we were amazed how quickly we were up and trading transactions with our customer. Cleo has many predefined configurations available for download, and had one specifically for our customer. The configuration literally plugged into their software within seconds. After putting in our credentials, the file transfer worked the first time. Since then we've added another customer, and also added our EDI VAN. Now all of our EDI goes to the VAN safely encrypted across the internet. We have been using Cleo for about three years now and the software has never malfunctioned or crashed. We've had to use their support two times, and they were very cheerful and helpful. And both times we found out the problem wasn't even with their software, but a connection issue between us and the customers. The most amazing thing is that with all of these great benefits, the cost of the software license and the annual maintenance is extremely reasonable. I highly recommend taking a look at Cleo if you need to trade data securely.

Linn from The McCall Pattern Company, Inc

Industry: Graphic Design

Cleo Review

Using Cleo for Communications with our EDI vendors that require AS2 communications. Running on AIX and on Windows

Cons

very difficult to install and set up on AIX.

Brett from Principal

Cleo has been extremely easy to work with and get configured.

Pros

The ease of use and high customizability. Cleo's Harmony product is very quick to learn, but I think could take a while to master. It isn't hard to get up and running. Once you use the product you understand the depth that is contains and the flexibility that is there at your fingertips. Truly a product that you can build your B2B infrastructure around.

Cons

It is changing and improving so fast! It's hardly a con, but I'd say that Cleo is quickly adding new features and functionality to their products. And it's hard to keep on top of them and adopt them. By the time we got things implemented in production, there were new features being released that I wished we had taken advantage of.

Mike from Mina Leasing and Financial Services, LLC.

I've had good experience with results and with support.

We use it for EDI and it works well

Pros

Cleo support and communication has been very good. We have had very good results using Extol's EBI 2.6 with TMW as our ERP.

Cons

On EBI 2.6, error causes can be hard to decipher and there are some quirks that need to be worked around. We do plan to upgrade to current in the near future.

Glenn from Hogan Transports Inc.

Cleo VlTrader Review

VLTrader makes it fast and easy to setup new trading partners. I have had trading partners tell me how quick the communication part of the setup went. The alert process let me know when something is going wrong and I can get with our trading partner to get it resolved quickly.

Lea from Central Freight Lines, Inc.

Central Freight Lines, Inc.

We have had a very good experience with Cleo and have been happy with the product purchased (VLTrader). We have hundreds of trading partners that we transmit files to on a daily basis. Following a one day training, we have migrated most of our connections (AS2, FTP, FTPs, sFTP) from other products/platforms to VLTrader ourself with ease. The few we have had issues with, support was very good in assisting us. Note: We did make a suggestion with our sales representative that the 800 number for support route to a live person vs. a voice mailbox during normal support hours. The logging has proven very beneficial for verifying file transfers with our trading partners. Overall, we have been very happy with the product and it's performance and we continue to learn items that can be achieved using the product.

Stephen from Akebono Brake Co.

CLEO Lexicom V.5.2.0.3

I have been using the product above for 3 years now on a Windows Server 2008 R2 OS. It has been very stable and given me few problems. I was mostly self taught on the product and thus I'd consider it user friendly. The only complaint I've ever had is with generating logging on the communications for a given host over a specific period of time. I haven't had great success no matter what parameters I use to generate it. I mentioned this to one of your Sales Reps a few mo's ago and she admitted others have had this same complaint. Other than that I love the product and your support staff which is knowledgeable by experience, compared to other software support which goes to India and you get a "computer rep", meaning they don't know the product and search their db for answers. Thanks.

Michael from Crete Carrier

My experiences have all been positive. Whenever we have needed customer service they were there.

Pros

The thing that I like most about this software is that it is pretty to use. It took me a few months to get the hang of things and to figure out exactly to use all the tools available to us but once I got that piece figured out it has been a pretty comfortable experience.

Cons

I don't like the volatility of it. It is really easy to bring down the entire system if even one thing is done incorrectly.

Patrick from Jack Cooper Holdings

We are at the early stages of implementation but are very pleased with features, functions, support.

Platform for centralizing or integrations and provide added visibility to our data.

Pros

HA / clustering ability. Map any to any. Vendor is interested in our success. The implementation engagement was focused on getting us running on Clarify and VLTrader.

Cons

I wish Clarify handled flat files like it does EDI. It is still a great product but requires more work for us to tie our data together for the dashboard.

Mary from Delta Dental of South Dakota

Support is awesome and very helpful

The dental transaction sets are complicated, therefore when the new transaction set (7030) comes out we are hoping for a big return on our investment

Pros

It does allow us to do what we need with the EDI transactions, also when the next transaction updates come it, it will lessen the work for use. The copy feature does help when setting up like trading partners.

Cons

It is a difficult product to get around when you are new to EEI. The Functions keys are not consistent. There are to many different places to get things set up correctly.

Awesome banking app!

I have had a great time using Cleo! It makes life so much easier when I can hit my messenger option type in Bal or help and get immediate assistance without having to download yet another space killing app to my device.

Pros

I can access my account info via fb messenger, safely!

Cons

NA. I love this product. Ever since I got it I've had an easier way to measurey finances.

Caryl from SummerRainesNaturals

Great way to Track all your Finances

Pros

The ease of use i LOVE that this BOT checks on me daily gives tips along with credit score updates and can explain alll of my expense with simple ease

Cons

i find the emjoi and hit me texts on messenger annoying and a bit juvenile

Todd from ITW Pro Brands (formerly LPS Laboratories)

Novice User Learning.

I have only been using the Lexicom software for a short amount of time. I received no training due to my predecessor leaving the position prematurely. Therefore, I have been at the mercy of documents and customer support to assist in my learning of the application. My findings have been that the documentation for some of the processes is out-of-date and not helpful. However, the customer support has been extremely helpful both in understanding features and configuring to perform not-so-common tasks. In addition, the turnaround time on open tickets has been very quick, provided exactly the information needed.

Matt from Savage Services

Cleo Clarify is a pretty good integration solution.

If all of your integrations are straight forward and simple, you will love Cleo Clarify. The help feature does not cover all of the functions of the software, so you either have to spend a lot of time figuring things out on your own, or call support just to find out how to use a function. The support team is very professional, and for the most part they are good at getting your questions or issues resolved quickly. When I've had an issue that needs more than 48 hours to resolve, I have found that I do not get status updates, so my customers cannot get status updates from me.

Bradley from Wadhams Enterprises

Since the conference, I have been working on upgrading our old integration software to Clarify.

B2B integration across multiple divisions.

Pros

I am very impressed with the visual organization and ease of use in comparison to previous versions.

Cons

The only thing I miss from previous versions is that object names were much more fluid and customize-able.

Angela from Hogan Transports

Does so much, not as user friendly as I would like.

Having many solutions to sending/receiving data in one software package.

Pros

Very powerful, offering so many options to send/receive data between systems. It offers multiple users to work on same project in then sync up when needed.

Cons

Not so easy to use. I would like more complete and detailed examples on setups of schemas, etc. Also I haven't been able to find much help with error definition. If I have errors on a specific schema in editor. I just sometimes do not know what I need to do to correct them. I do still need to go thru training. But I hope to get some overall training, not just EDI related.

Brad from Principal Financial Group

The software has been very easy to use and customer support has been responsive

Pros

The ability to silo security to different users and groups grants us the ability to have multiple business units on the instance.

Cons

The limited ability to customize the email notifications that are sent on failures/successful transfers.

Bill from Trumbull Industries

Cleo review

I have been using Cleo Lexicom to handle my AS2 EDI transactions for a long time, almost 10 years now. For me, it has been extremely reliable. The only times I really need to get into the software GUI is when I need to add a new trading partner or to grab an MDN to show a partner that yes, you really did receive that file from us and here's the MDN to prove it. My AS2 processing now is almost totally automated and I hardly ever need to think about it. And their tech support is top-notch, I have never had a how-to question that they weren't able to answer.

Frank from G&S Metal Products

My Cleo Experience

We have been using Cleo for about 15 years and currently support 7 Trading Partners with Cleo. In those 15 years I can't remember ever having a problem that was a problem with Cleo's Lexicom software. I don't really care for the call back tech support, but when they call back they always know the answer to my questions and are eager to help resolve my problem. Which is always something I don't understand or something that my trading partner has done that I need help with to resolve. New hosts are easy to install and changing certificates is a snap.