Linxup Reviews

4.18 / 5 (55)

Our advisors have recommended this product 1 time in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "The APP is very easy to use and extremely accurate. Love the Score it provides as a baseline."

• "I looked at a lot of different GPS Trackers for trailers and this one is the best I found. It is able to be hidden out of sight and still get good reception."

• "The devices were reasonably reliable. I guess. "

• Cons

• "that it's not free :-). Other than that, there's not much to complain about. "

• "I have not found any cons yet with hardware or software."

• "Sometimes it seems gps’ in general do weird things and don’t account for random moments. Doesnt happen often "

Browse Linxup Reviews

Great vehicle tracking solution for low cost

Pros

Intuitive interface, uses Google Maps, easy to scale (and manage hundreds of vehicles).

Cons

Mobile apps need updated and occasionally have issues with speed limits in certain areas.

Tina from Central Confinement Service

Central Confinement Review - Linxup

We have used Linxup for several years and we like it. We were able to price decline on our per unit price last year, and that is helpful. That makes Linxup even more competitive for us to keep, when we get good product for a good price. The service is lacking at times, but the overall product and service of Linxup is one that I would recommend.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. It so easy to log in and see that it takes you directly to a map that show all of your vehicles, and with a quick list to see who may be offline. It also great to see who may need to vehicle maintenance with the check engine indicator online. The report are pretty easy to read and have been very helpful. A good product.

Cons

The support is what I have the most issue with in regards to Linxup. It really depends who you get on the phone. Some of the reps you speak to when a device loses a signal are great and quick, and don't try to keep you on the phone, but they want to solve your problem as quick as possible. However, the next time you call you could get a rep that acts like they are new and don't know what is really going on, which is strange to me how some representatives are so educated and others are not.

Reasons for Choosing Linxup

Pricing came into play in a big way along with all of the service and reports options that came with the competitive pricing.

Mark from Canyon County Towing

Unprofessional and Poor Quality

Very bad customer service. Product does not work, push notifications are all wrong, maps and mileage are wrong. trucks send wrong info and the product does not do as they stated.

Pros

It is very bad and never works with no support at all!

Cons

Switch and bait. They send the product without a contract and then threaten you to keep their poor design. Admin does not care and money is their only object.

Reasons for Choosing Linxup

Price and options offered that do not work. I will sign up for these other products and tell everyone how bad this company is. this is my 47th letter!!!!!

Response from Linxup GPS Tracking

Replied October 2019

Hi Mark - It looks like you've been a customer for almost two years with several devices, so we're distressed to hear that you aren't happy. We strive to delight our customers and are anxious to make sure you're satisfied. It looks like some of the issues you've been having include incorrect installation of the wired devices and Google map speed alerts. Karen, one of our customer support reps, recently sent you instructions to correct the wiring, but we'd be happy to provide additional assistance if you'd like to give us a call. Speed limit data comes from Google, but we do have an easy way to update that if they are reporting incorrect data on your common routes. Just to clarify, we do sell our devices without contracts being required and never switch customers over to contracts unless they request it. We did recently send a standard update to our Terms & Conditions, but that does not change the terms of contracts or month-to-month service.

Daron from Johnson Mechanical

Linxup experience

Pros

simple enough to use effective enough to provide needed information

Cons

devices are not as reliable as they should be.

Response from Linxup GPS Tracking

Replied June 2019

Hi Daron, thanks for your feedback! We're interested to hear more about the issue you're experiencing or the specific problem you're trying to solve. I'm including my personal contact info to you directly and I'll be happy to get you in touch with the right person, based on what you're trying to solve. You can also feel free to contact our support team at 1-877-732-4980 at your earliest convenience.

Chuck from Natural Food and Product Retailer

We have been tracking our fleet for more than 2 years. We recovered a stolen semi within hours!

Pros

Ease of identifying vehicle locations on map and the alerts functions. I also like the report functions.

Cons

Dependence on the maps "posted speed limits". Although I can manually change the limit on sections of road I shouldn't have to waste my time doing so. I'd also like to see customizable vehicle icons so I can quickly determine which is which- ex. a truck vs. a car vs. a tractor.

Corey from Home Restoration Company

We use Linxup for all of our fleet vehicles. The software, especially the mobile app helps not only with the location and routes of the vehicles but many of the other tools are very helpful. Warnings, notification of when a vehicle is used outside of hours, vehicle needs, etc. help with meeting our fleet needs. I recommend this product to others.

Pros

Notifications

Cons

Mobile App could be a little more user friendly when going from place to another in the app

John from Triboro Electrical

Linxup Gps

Linxup has been a handy device to track my fleet and dispatch for service calls as well remind me when i need oil changes and inspections on the fleet.

Pros

Software very useful for my needs as well as able to tell me about my drivers and vehicles

Cons

Dont like that i need to replace units because they go bad

Norman from National Granite LLC

Always have to re sign in.

Pros

It locates my trucks and I can put my jobs on the map so I know how close or far they are.

Cons

I have a screen didicated to Linx up and I always have to re sign in every day or so. The passed routes do not stay available long enough.

Amy from Countryside Repair

Linxup

Pros

It was very easy to use. If i have any issues all i have to do is all customer service and they are very nice and more that willing to help me with my issue.

Cons

for what i use it for i dont have anything.

the price

Dennis from Broad Brook Heating & Cooling Inc

Great product

Pros

We are able to track our vehicles and monitor driving performance from anywhere. Its easily installed in any vehicle.

Cons

I don't have any negatives to say about the product

Ease of use and cost

Justin from Landscaping Company

On point tracking so I always know where my truck are and that they are traveling safely!

The tracking info the devices give in so valuable. I can break down all my employees travels to find ways to improve our routes. The safety info that gets communicated makes sure I can hold my drivers accountable which keeps every one safe.

Pros

Easy to use and VERY accurate info.

Cons

Wish there route program had more functions for dispatching like starting point and automatic route planning.

Response from Linxup GPS Tracking

Replied May 2017

Hello Justin and thanks for your review of Linxup GPS tracking for your business, RVA LawnCare. We strive to offer the easiest software to use that provides powerful data that you can use to grow your business and save money. As you know, our GPS tracking devices update every 60 seconds and accurate up to 15 feet so you always know where your equipment and drivers are (making it easier to update their routes as well). Thanks again for your review of Linxup GPS tracking!

Latine from The Student Cab Co

Valuable Part of My Operation

The Linxup GPS Tracking reports speeding, fuel consumption and other careless driving and reports it daily so that I can immediately share with the driver for an immediate improvement.

Pros

Linxup tracking is an integral part of my operation. The information it provides is priceless when you're not able to be on the road. It helps to reign in careless behavior before it takes a toll on my bottom line.

Cons

One feature I wish it would provide would be an alert to my inbox when it is disconnected.

Kevin from Trucking Company

Awesome Device

Have 11 units and helps me keep up with my equipment. I know if a driver has not moved to check on them quickly to ensure their safety.

Pros

Ability of location within minutes.

Cons

Satellites sometimes get blocked and stalls tracking for a few minutes.

Response from Linxup GPS Tracking

Replied May 2017

Hello Kevin, Thanks for the reviewing Linxup GPS Tracking and we appreciate your feedback! We serve a lot of customer in the transportation, trucking and railroad industries and know that safety is a large priority. Glad that you are using our idling alerts and safe driving report cards to keep your drivers safe! Thanks again for your review and we appreciate the feedback!

Duane from Information Technology

Accurate Product, works great

Tracking my personal vehicles

Pros

It works as expected and gives great peace of mind.

Cons

Its a bit more expensive to have trackers on four cars than most people want to pay. Would be better if longer term customers could earn discounts. * Would be great if it could page me after hours if someone opened a door.

Lewis from Wilkie Construction Company, SE LLC

My Linxup Comments

Pros

The ability to get instant information.

Cons

The inability to save route maps for future reference. I would like to save certain vehicle route maps.

Response from Linxup GPS Tracking

Replied June 2019

Hi Lewis - Thank you for the feedback! At this time you can't save a specific route to view on the map, but you can use Route Replay to go back and view routes by vehicle for at least one year. You can also download all data from routes to an excel file. We're passing along your suggestion to our product development team for consideration as an additional feature.

JESSICA from Towing Company

Great Product!

Quality is great, it's easy to use, customer support is always friendly and helpful when we can and have a question! I love we can track our mechanics and wrecker drivers and know their locations at all times and know they are getting to our customers in a timely manner. We love the dispatching feature, its great to use and we don't have to hassle with calling them and having to write the dispatch down!

Pros

Dispatching feature

Cons

route playlist

Response from Linxup GPS Tracking

Replied May 2017

Hello Jessica, Thanks for the reviewing Linxup GPS Tracking and we appreciate your candid feedback! We are glad that you find our solution easy to use and our customer support friendly! We strive for 100% customer satisfaction and love to make them happy! Thanks for your review and we appreciate the feedback!

roy from EEI SECURITY

Industry: Security and Investigations

GPS for Field Techs

We've increased tech productivity and with the grading system we've achieved piece of mind for our tech's safety.

Pros

Cons

Really don't have any negatives. Does what we need and easy to use.

Anthony from WHEELZ UP, LLC

Best, Simple most affordable GPS tracking systems in the USA

Great customer service, and folllow-up. Easy to use phone app and online web based log in.

Pros

Full fleet telematics for the most affordable price

Cons

None. LinxUp will be releasing more features in the coming months and looking forward to using those updates.

Greg from Patriot Subaru

GPS Tracking made Easy

Pros

I like that I am able to see where my delivery trucks are and I am able to give real time updates to Customers should they ask for an ETA

Cons

So far nothing is bad, I had one issue where the vehicles were disappearing from my screen, but the Support team was able to quickly figure out that I need to do some cleaning of files on my end and all was back to normal instantly.

James from J & J Interiors, Inc.

Linxup GPS

Pros

It makes it easy tracking my vehicles as they come and go

Cons

Not much Would like a better volume discount

Allan from proof. Pest Control II

Ok software. Poor support.

I’ll just say this, I called them to remove my card from auto pay and they refused to do it despite being required to do so by law. They appear to be desperate for business. And not very friendly when you call them out.

Pros

The devices were reasonably reliable. I guess.

Cons

The support. Had issues at various time with devices not being shipped to correct location, issues logging in, billing, communication, etc. at the end of the day, Linxup didn’t follow through with their promise to take care of issues.

Response from Linxup GPS Tracking

Replied June 2019

Mr. Draper - We're very sorry you've experienced issues with our support. We do strive to delight all of customers. We understand there are issues with your existing devices that remain under contract. If you would like additional assistance, I've briefed a member of our Customer Experience team about this issue and you may contact him directly (Beau Giessman (314) 449-8486 ext. 314). I'm also sending his information along in a direct message to you with this response.

David from Sandhills Seamless Gutters

Linxup review

Pros

I can track my crews which allows me to not have to call them to check where they are and also how much time is spent on any one job. I also like knowing if they are honest or not about where they have been during the day.

Cons

One time I checked vehicles and the map showed one to be in a lake about 30 miles away, in one of my fishing spots no less.That particular truck had never been in that area. The next day it was fine. The route replay map can get too jumbled if they have been to the same place multiple times during the day. This makes it hard to click on all the stopping points because they are stacked on top of each other. I did have a problem loading the page for a while but it turned out to be a google chrome issue. I reset chrome to initial settings and have not had a problem since.

Roberto from Trucking Company

Good enough

Mostly it is all good but I have had trouble with a unit and the issue has not been fixed. They will not replace my unit even though it malfunctions.

Pros

It tracks good

Cons

Some issues with customer service

Addie from Matrix

Linxup works great

I’ve been using it for almost 2 years. It works great and does the job- no too pricey either!

Pros

I like the ease of seeing where the technician has travelled on the map. Then all the reports you can look at.

Jerry from JDM Pro Painting LLC

Industry: Textiles

Works well for us

Keeping out team honest through monitoring their driving performance. We also use the software to reimburse them for mileage per diems.

Pros

This software is easy to use and comes in handy for tax time, calculating all the mileage is a breeze. It's also a great way to keep our drivers honest and safe by monitoring their speed, harsh braking, and rapid acceleration. Businesses need this software, and linx up does a great job.

Cons

that it's not free :-). Other than that, there's not much to complain about.

THOMAS from WARREN SCREW PRODUCTS, INC.

REVIEW OF LINXUP SYSTEM

Pros

REPORTS, TRACKING OF LOCATION OF TRUCK DRIVERS

Cons

NOTHING, WE HAVE NO PROBLEMS WITH USE OR FUNCTION OF SYSTEM

Amber from Elite Glass and Mirror

Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Great

Pros

We are able to track our employees with ease

Cons

When the software fails and we arent able to see where our employees are

Anthony from Alfonso’s pastry shoppe

Industry: Food Production

Super easy

Complete ease, tracking and scoring are a big advantage

Pros

A click on the app and I can track all my vehicles

Cons

I would like a list of stopping points, instead of looking at the map to achieve this, for down times.

Aaron from Northwoods Greenscapes

MONEY SAVER!!!

This is an absolute MUST for any service industry professional with multiple stops per day for multiple crews in multiple vehicles. We use it primarily in our lawn care. It's your "eyes in the sky". Our savings came from "idle time" and reduced "break time". The guys can't take extra breaks because we'll know about it. It stops moonlighting when we let trucks go home with guys for the night. We used to worry when someone wanted to use a truck over the weekend to"help a friend move" or "haul something away", now, we don't worry at all. We just get their address and their desired destination in the system and tell them there's a GPS in there. Then we look at the route the next day and pat him on the back or fire him! Totally worth it!

Pros

Cost and ROI! With just one unit in one truck for 1 week, we saved enough money to pay for 3 units for a year!

Pete from Self Employed

Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Handy to have on board

I am using the Asset Tracker on my boat to log position for insurance purposes. At some boat size and value, every insurance company wants to be able to track the boat in case it is stolen.

Pros

This software works well with the Linxup hardware on my boat to give me position information. The map that is created shows where the boat has been and gives me the time the boat batteries are switched on and then off at the end of the voyage.

Cons

The interface needs some work to make the menus more obvious. As will all software, once you are familiar with its operation, it becomes easier, but the learning curve is steeper than I would have liked and this might be an issue with less tech savvy people using the hardware.

BILL from Divine Transport LLC

ELD & GPS Tracking

Pros

The IFTA Plus...makes my life easy at fuel tax time

Cons

Tablet disconnects from truck (getting better though)

Response from Linxup GPS Tracking

Replied June 2019

Hi Bill, thanks so much for your feedback regarding our ELD product. We're happy to hear that IFTA helps to reduce some burden on your end. Regarding the tablet disconnecting, we wanted to ensure that you're running the latest Data Service App (DSA) software (version 1.5.4) for best results. Also, we are in the process of releasing a tablet software update across all of our ELD devices in circulation over the course of the next three weeks that should address a number of issues that could cause a dropped connection. We'll keep an eye on your account when rolling these updates out, though please do let us know if this issue persists. Thank you!

Luke from LX Coach

They make it IMPOSSIBLE to cancel

Pros

It works, easy to read maps, good mobile app. GPS reports more frequently in turns, giving more accurate tracking path.

Cons

Cannot cancel service other than disputing with credit card company. They won't take cancellations on their website, over the phone, or by email. You can only use the "contact us" form, and cancellation messages are not responded to or honored. Only way to get them to stop billing you is through your credit card company. False idling alerts. Whenever key is turned it thinks you're idling. There's no way for software to interperet whether engine is on by the battery voltage, which should be very easy

Jonathan from Verdant Grounds

Good Software . Very Useful . Hardware Easy to implement

Pros

Easy to order more trackers. Good tracking platform online. I like the Geofence Feature.

Cons

I wish you could generate a report of total hours inside a geo fence over a given period of time . I don't think this is possible or not clear if it is. Occasionally the software would tell me check engine lights were on in vehicles when they were not .

Tony from First Choice Transportation

Linxup GPS

Tracking my equipments

Pros

Ease of use , able to see where drivers and equipment are immediately

Cons

Equipment tracker battery does not long enough

eddie from Arakelian, Inc, Valley Flooring Inc. and ETAL, Inc.

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

GPS Tracking

I have used the product for a years and really like the tracking and the app is easy to use.

Pros

The ease of the app. I can just click the app and locate my vehicles.

Cons

Route replay, I would like it if there was a faster way to view replay like an 30 minute, 1 hour and more replay options in lieu of having to put the dates and times.

Jim from Equipment Rental Company

I have not had to use customer support yet. Love this.

Pros

Ease of use, easy to go through, I can run reports very easily for maintenance etc. Keep an eye on my trucks and drivers

Dan from Competitive Edge Contracting

Very Affordable and Very Accurate

It helps us review which job sites the employees were at when they forget to mark it down on their worksheets.

Pros

It was easy to set up and easy to use! I didn't have to read the directions to get up and running!

Cons

Nothing I have come across as of yet! Great product!

Debbie from JumBurrito

Love Linxup

We have reduced gas usage and insurance premiums.

Pros

Easy to use and it is a great product to keep track of our fleet vehicles.

Cons

Can't think of anything. We are happy we chose Linxup

Reasons for Choosing Linxup

When we called they explained everything thoroughly

RONALD from R.K. Knight Plumbing

Linxup GPS Tracking

My overall experience with Linxup GPS Tracking has only been an okay one. i think I will be changing companies once my contracts are up

Pros

What I like most about Linxup GPS Tracking is that I'm able to see where all my vehicles are at at any given moment right from my phone

Cons

What i like least about this software is that some of it is glitchey. I have to constantly reset the trackers so that they are online. this becomes very annoying.

Lynn from Sequatchie County Highway Deptartment

Industry: Government Relations

highly recommend

keeping up with employee location

Pros

easy login, easy tracking, easy printing reports of each vehicle

Cons

it shows vehicles offline a lot, plug ins shows offline

Murray from SkidPro Works LP

Industry: Oil & Energy

Owner/managing partner

Very great

Pros

track equipment, assists greatly to invoice rental customer.

Cons

tracker dies when not in cellular service and device requires replacement

Ray from Storage and Moving Company

Trackers on Fleet

Was using different company. Decided to try Linxup on the half of fleet that didn't have any. Liked them so much cancelled the other carrier and put Linxup in every vehicle in fleet.

Pros

Easy to use and install.

Response from Linxup GPS Tracking

Replied May 2017

Hello Ray and thanks for using Linxup GPS Tracking for your business, Superior Moving and Storage. We strive to make our software simple to use, our GPS tracking devices easy to install, and most importantly we guarantee customer satisfaction! So happy to be working with you and thanks again for your candid review of our GPS trackers for your fleet. Have a great day!

Jeff from Advanced Internet

Industry: Computer Networking

Equipment does not work

Sucked

Pros

When it works is good. It just never works

Cons

Worked for about a month, paid for 5. Asked to have device replaced and they wanted a deposit to fix thier falty equipment

Response from Linxup GPS Tracking

Replied September 2019

Hi Jeff - We're so sorry you experienced difficulty with your devices. We do require a refundable deposit to send out replacement equipment to ensure that defective equipment is returned. When processing a replacement we will also include labels to ship the defective devices back for free, and your full deposit is returned upon receipt. If we can assist with getting you replacement devices, please contact customer support.

Aaron from Greenleaf Wholesale Florist Inc,

Industry: Wholesale

It's not bad

It's okay not bad.

Pros

Very easy to use. This is a very simple plug and play system.

Cons

The maps. They need to do a better job with updating the speed limits in the system. It is a drag to have to do that on our end. Although, I guess it's a plus to be able to update it if needed.

Charlie from Solid Rock Systems Inc.

Best Product I found for Tracking Trailers

Everything about Linxup has been great from ordering to install to functionality of it.

Pros

Cons

I have not found any cons yet with hardware or software.

February 2016

Jeffries from Lelias Cleaning

February 2016

Linxup Saves My Company Money

Pros

The best thing i ever did for my company should of done this 20 years ago BIG SAVING You know now who been costing you MONEY AND WHO BEEN RIDING YOUR CLOCK YOU WILL BE SURPRISE all the money you have lost and this device tell you everthing you need to know EXAMPLE START AND STOP HOW FAST THEY ARE DRIVING WHERE THEY ARE AT AT ALL TIME IT IS JUST awesome i just cant say enough about this device it will save your business from employee that not don't care about their job and just riding your clock you will see for yourself get it and start saving thank you save your company now.

Cons

I'm satisfied with this company and their service.

Michelle from Cascade Cement Contracting, Inc.

Controller

From sales to installation to support services I've been promptly assisted anytime I've reached out, very easy to do business with your company.

Pros

Ease of access by multiple users 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.

Cons

Occasionally the item trackers glitch on the map view.

Mike from N/A

Accurate Tracking

I bought this mostly to track my Dad who sometimes gets lost. Works very well. I also purchased one to track my high school and college student. It gives a lot of peace of mind.

Response from Linxup GPS Tracking

Replied May 2017

Hello Mike and thanks for reviewing Linxup GPS tracking. We are really glad to hear that our GPS tracking devices give you a lot of peace of mind! Whether you are tracking your Dad, your high school/college students, or your business, we are glad that our software solution works for you! Thanks again for the review and feel free to reach out to us if you need anything at all. Have a great day!

Akia from Mental Health Care

Industry: Public Safety

Easy to install

Pros

The plug in device is really easy to start using. Simply plug it in.

Cons

The price is a bit high even with multiple devices there is no discount.

Bruce from Guard Concrete

Poor Marketing

Trailer fleet

Pros

Nothing, this product is extremely difficult to install.

Cons

I was led to believe this is easy to install and I'd have help from Linxup in doing so. I came to find out I have to hardwire this into my trailer myself. When I called customer service they told me what each wire does and didn't help after that. When I tried to cancel they told me they would charge my full payment I'd owe after two years for two units. Horrible system. Don't buy this.

Ease of use, price

Response from Linxup GPS Tracking

Replied September 2019

Hi Bruce - We're so sorry you had an issue with installation. It is quite easy with a three wire connection. There is a link to a helpful video in your Quickstart Guide (https://www.linxup.com/ATinstall/index.html), but if you'd like to contact support we can also recommend professional installers near you. While we do not offer returns, you can cancel monthly service at any time when not under contract. You can also transfer devices to a friend or business associate and they can call in to set up new service.