Showing 1-20 of 78 products
WorkforceHub is a unified solution for time and attendance, scheduling, applicant tracking, benefits management, employee engagement, and more. It’s the HR tech platform that scales as a business grows while delivering the mission... Read more
Recent recommendations: 128 recommendations
BambooHR is a cloud-based HR management software solution for small and midsize businesses. BambooHR offers small and growing companies a human resource information system (HRIS) that includes an applicant tracking system (ATS), t... Read more
Recent recommendations: 107 recommendations
TimeClock Plus is a cloud-based workforce management solution designed to make the day-to-day of your organization more efficient. TimeClock Plus also offers dynamic scheduling and job costing features that can be configured to an... Read more
Recent recommendations: 75 recommendations
UKG Ready (formerly Kronos Workforce Ready) is a flexible and seamless HR solution that provides a connected people experience to easily manage the entire employee journey, from a single solution. Designed for flexibility and ease... Read more
Recent recommendations: 72 recommendations
TimeWorksPlus is a cloud-based time, attendance, and leave management system for small to mid-size businesses. This software can capture time data from web-based clocks or physical clocks for employees onsite, mobile, and working ... Read more
Recent recommendations: 68 recommendations
Collage is a cloud-based human resources (HR) and benefits management platform built for the needs of small and midsize businesses. Collage also digitizes group benefits enrollment and can sync with any insurance provider in Canad... Read more
Recent recommendations: 31 recommendations
PurelyHR is a cloud-based leave management solution for small to midsize businesses. The system’s core modules allow HR departments to track staff leave requests and approvals as well as manage diverse time off policies and hierar... Read more
Recent recommendations: 27 recommendations
Buddy Punch is a cloud-based time clock solution suitable for businesses of all sizes. Key features include overtime calculating, GPS tracking, PTO accrual, time card approval and job costing. Buddy Punch enables employees to... Read more
Recent recommendations: 22 recommendations
Workzoom is the all-in-one Talent, Workforce and Payroll solution that engages your employees, enlightens your leaders and helps you grow your business. Bring your whole team together with a centralized hub for accessing personal ... Read more
Recent recommendations: 13 recommendations
Track your employees’ time accurately, across the board, and in real-timem with ClockVIEW. Choose your device—from mobile apps to biometric time clocks to web-based time clocks to interactive voice response via telephone. Cl... Read more
Recent recommendations: 10 recommendations
Ascentis offers a cloud-based human capital management (HCM) suite designed for midsize companies of all industries. It includes HR and benefits, recruiting and onboarding, talent management, time and attendance and payroll. ... Read more
Recent recommendations: 6 recommendations
With modules for time and attendance, staff scheduling and more, Synerion Workforce Management Solutions suites are suitable for organizations of all sizes looking to cut labor costs and automate worker attendance. Able to b... Read more
Recent recommendations: 5 recommendations
Timesheets.com provides cloud-based time tracking for small and midsize businesses. The service allows employers to track both hourly time for payroll and project time for billing. Employers can also track reimbursable expens... Read more
Recent recommendations: 4 recommendations
Mitrefinch is a provider of workforce management solutions suited for medium to large organizations. This custom tailored solution includes time and attendance management, self-service, employee scheduling, absence management and ... Read more
Recent recommendations: 3 recommendations
BiznusSoft HR (formerly HRMSSoft) is a cloud-based human capital management system suitable for companies of all sizes. It includes a suite of integrated human resource modules offering benefits management, recruiting, performance... Read more
Recent recommendations: 1 recommendations
Employee absenteeism leads to delayed timelines, reduced productivity, and lower workplace morale, all of which directly impact an organization’s operations and effectiveness. Absence management software can help businesses deal with absenteeism by tracking employee attendance and identifying absenteeism trends.
There are several absence management software available on the market, and choosing one that’s the right fit for your business can be difficult. We’ve created this buyers guide to help you choose software that caters to your requirements.
In this buyers guide, we’ll cover:
- What is absence management software?
- Common features of absence management software
- What type of buyer are you?
- Benefits of absence management software
- Key considerations for choosing absence management software
What is absence management software?
Absence management software is software that allows companies to track and manage employee absences. It assists in identifying patterns in absenteeism so that employers can communicate with the concerned employees and, if needed, the human resources (HR) department to reduce absenteeism. Employers can also create monthly attendance and leave reports to identify and reward employees with good attendance records.
This type of software also offers a self-service portal for employees. Using the portal, employees can submit time-off requests as well as track their leave balance and approvals. This self-service functionality helps to reduce employer and administrator workload.
Common features of absence management software
When purchasing absence management software, it’s essential to choose features that meet your specific needs. Here are some of the common features offered by absence management software:
|Approval process control||Route absence requests to employee managers and control who can approve or deny requests.|
|Calendar management||Use a centralized calendar to track employees’ leave balance and approve absence requests as needed.|
|Employee scheduling||Create weekly and monthly rosters to schedule employee shifts and work hours.|
|Reporting||Generate reports for clock-in clock-out time, absence patterns, and assigned tasks.|
|FMLA tracking||Track employees’ work hours and receive alerts about compliance with Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) guidelines.|
What type of buyer are you?
Based on the number of employees to be managed, absence management software buyers can be divided into two broad categories: small businesses and midsize and large businesses. Let’s read more about both types.
- Small businesses (fewer than 200 employees): Small businesses have fewer employees and tend to use manual methods, such as spreadsheets and paper-based records, to track absenteeism. Manual processes can be time-consuming for HR personnel as well as employee managers. Also, a single error in records can lead to an FMLA violation. A standard software tool with a self-service portal, leave accrual and paid time off (PTO) tracking, and FMLA compliance management can help small businesses automate absence management processes and remain compliant.
- Midsize and large businesses (200 employees or more): Midsize and large businesses have more employees and are required to implement formal absence management programs. These companies also need insights into employee absenteeism trends to introduce changes in existing programs when necessary. In addition to the features mentioned for small businesses, large and midsize businesses should opt for software that can integrate with their current employee collaboration, project management, and payroll management applications as well as generate detailed attendance reports that highlight absenteeism trends.
Benefits of absence management software
Understanding the benefits of absence management software will help you decide if the software can help your business manage absenteeism better. Listed below are a few key benefits offered by the software.
- Lower administrative workload: Manually approving leave requests and tracking employee leave balance can be time-consuming for managers as well as HR administrators. Absence management software offers self-service portals that employees can use to submit leave requests. These requests are then routed to respective employee managers who can approve or reject them with a single click.
- Improved workflow management: Absence management software provides a centralized leave calendar that displays the planned time off for all members of a team. Accordingly, managers can ask members to prioritize pending tasks or shuffle the work queue to ensure deadlines aren’t missed and project timelines are maintained. Prior knowledge of upcoming leave also helps managers inform other employees if they need to fill in for a colleague who is on leave.
- Reduced absenteeism: Absence management software generates reports that help management identify absence trends and brainstorm on how to reduce absenteeism. Accordingly, measures to improve employee attendance, such as rewarding employees with good attendance records, can be introduced.
Key considerations for choosing absence management software
Now that you’ve read about the benefits and key features of absence management software, here are a few things you should consider while choosing software for your business.
- Integration with existing HR system: Absence management software tracks employee work hours, clock-in clock-out time, and attendance. These details are also required for payroll calculations and employee records. Therefore, it’s essential to choose software that integrates easily with your existing HR system to ensure seamless access to employee records and past data.
- FMLA compliance management: Employer leave policies must comply with FMLA regulations, and any violation can lead to heavy penalties and legal claims. Since these regulations vary with geography, tracking related compliance requirements can be cumbersome. Absence management software that monitors FMLA compliance and sends alerts about violations will help your business ensure compliance.
- Mobile applications: Mobile-ready absence management software allows employee managers to approve or reject leave requests in real time. It also allows employees to apply for emergency leaves from anywhere, at any time. With a mobile application, managers can monitor such requests on the go and plan tasks accordingly.
If you wish to further understand the features and benefits of absence management software, you may fill out this form for an obligation-free consultation. Our advisors will listen to your requirements and help you in shortlist the most suitable options for your business.
Note: The application selected in this article is an example to show a feature in context and isn’t intended as an endorsement or recommendation. It has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable at the time of publication.