• Pros

• "It works well and I like the app for its ease of use vs having to log into the computer to sign and out. "

• "Its easy to use.... Simple and most of all i like that i can correct my own time when i need to "

• "Everything, easy to use, simple to bone. If i ever have a question, I'm one click away from answering it myself"

• Cons

• "My only issue is that it loads a bit slow while logging in on my phone. Other than that, I have no complaints!"

• "Occasional glitching sometimes creates a need to try punching in twice, but overall has minimal performance issues."

• "Editing your time sheets is a great idea but was a little confusing for me."

Browse Buddy Punch Reviews

Katrina from Advantage Sales & Marketing

Great time keeping app

Great app, check in and out with accuracy, keep in contact with supervisors and can submit photos for proof of visit if not using GPS.

Pros

I am an Event Specialist with Deluvia Inc, they upgraded from emailing and faxing my time sheets in to this system. They are out of state so this is a great way for them to keep up with my time while doing "Road Shows". I arrive at my location, open the app and sign in, my employers do require me to attach photos so I snap a photo of the store front before entering. While there, I setup my samples and take a few photos of my presentation to attach when I clock out. I like that I can see my schedule, even though I already know my Road Shows are 11 days back to back for each demo. It takes out 39 minutes for my lunch and keeps up with my total hours so I can accurately calculate my check. They can leave messages after each shift end set of photos. I have seen a few where they wanted to see different angles or my face more throughout my presentations. I've also been told my samples looked yummy, I left messages and asked questions that were answered. This is a good app to have when your employer is out of your area.

Cons

The only thing I found odd was I could log in anytime during my employment, but couldn't do so between Road Shows. I wanted to look at my schedules and could gain access to the app. Other than this hiccup, the app works fine. Deluvia gets my time and there are no shortages on my check.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied January 2019

Thank you for the review, it is great to hear that you're using our smartphone app as well as our notes and photos on punches feature. We have a few limiting options for employers and that is why you weren't able to login while outside of the show. Thanks again!

Jim from Workman Engineering & Manufacturing

Industry: Machinery

Well Done Time Tracking Software

This software has accomplished what we were hoping for - punching in and out when on site. We are a custom fab shop, so we use a lot of job codes and the software is easy to use for purpose. We eliminated paper tallies which over the course of a years time has saved us payroll in regards to employee rounding time on time sheets. I am able to access all the information even when I am on the road, so I am always in the loop on attendance and who is working on what projects.

Pros

Easy to train employees Easy to set-up and implement Straight forward user interface Geofence ability (user must punch in specified areas)

Cons

Would like customizable report options I sometimes forget when setting up a new user to add them to the Geofence. Our company has only one location so an automatic add would be nice.

Reasons for Choosing Buddy Punch

BP offered what we thought was the best ease of use and functionality that matched our requirements.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied January 2020

Thank you Jim for the review, it's great to hear that you're utilizing our Geofencing feature and that you're finding us easy to use. We appreciate the feedback and your business!

Josh from LWICD

so so not greatest

Several areas of concern. Very little corrections made based on feedback. Not able to contact support by phone. Delayed response in email. Not open to different types and operations for different business types. This is a very baseline product with little features. Menus are hard for older users to read. Not user friendly for most users. Time corrections are difficult for users to complete or request. Very limited on admin ability to control aspects of the clock to prevent user issues. reports decimal place cannot be changed from 3 to 2 decimals increases rounding time for admin. Integration with payroll company cost additional funds.

Pros

online can view anywhere from a computer . the app is poor at best and is not integrated to be used as a time clock or to check all features and make adjustments from admin must have a computer to do so

Cons

Most of it

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied September 2016

Josh - Thank you for taking the time to provide a review. Unfortunately many of your comments we believe are inaccurate and I would like to make sure that Buddy Punch is accurately reflected on Capterra. We do not charge for integrations with other Payroll Companies. We just added an integration with Paychex and there was no cost to any customer for doing so. We are also very timely in responding to inquiries. In your case specifically you opened a ticket on 7/29/16 at 3:52 pm. We responded at 4:14 pm the same day with a resolution. You opened a ticket on 8/29/16 at 12:35 pm, we replied at 12:46 pm. You opened a ticket on 9/12/16 at 10:21 am and we replied on 12:46 pm. We offer many features such as GPS, IP Address Lock, Webcam photos on punches, and notifications. We offer easy change requests with the user clicking on a button that says "I need to change something." I'm sorry we didn't work for your business and we will take your feedback into consideration.

Mary from Mister-E-Liquid

Industry: Tobacco

Perfect Timeclock Solution!

I've enjoyed using Buddy Punch! I've had to deal with several other timeclock solutions at other businesses, ranging from different software to old-fashioned punch clocks to just simple sheets you filled your hours out on. Far and away, BP is the best I've seen yet.

Pros

BuddyPunch is very easy to use and has several login options. Our employees can use their standard username and password, but they can also punch in faster/simpler using QR codes or a 4-digit pin. BP also organizes your timesheet well so that you can check your worked hours, PTO, etc at a glance.

Cons

Occasionally it can be slower to load on our systems, but not to a degree that causes "late punches".

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied November 2019

Thank you Mary for the review and the kind words! We appreciate your business.

Anibal from MRB Counseling Services

Buddy Punch Review 1

Pros

Friendly even for people not computer oriented. Newly added totals per employee per location and total pays.

Cons

At the beginning kind of had to discover certain features and limitations, but customer service is great and all mu doubts were addressed right away. Another feature that I would like added is the possibility to create more restrictions per employee, like not allowing clock in's / out's before and after certain times. Overall, great product. Thanks, A.ROMANI

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied December 2019

Thanks for the review, it is great to hear you are finding us friendly to use. We actually do have a punch limiting feature which you can enable per employee, which allows you to restrict punching in to specific times per day. We'll send you some info! Thanks!

Tia from Mountain Top Media

Awesome!

The freedom with this program is amazing. Overall experience is a very positive one!

Pros

I love being able to punch in and out from my phone. It's super easy to use and user-friendly as well. Compared to other programs like Peoplesoft and corporate software, this is the best I've seen. It's simple and can still get the job done.

Cons

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied January 2020

Thank you Tia for the review, it is great to hear that you are finding us user-friendly!

Jullian from Math Science Publishing (MSP)

Industry: Publishing

Intuitive and Simple!

As an employee, my main use for Buddy Punch is just in the daily clocking into and out of work. Since my job divides time by various tasks, I frequently switch between several tasks in a given day. It's always been easy to use and smoothly executed.

Pros

The software is very easy to use - some time card systems tend to be overly busy or complicated, which really doesn't match the needs for such a system.

Cons

Well it *was* the inability to easily switch between tasks, but this was recently changed in an update.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied December 2019

Thank you Jullian for the review, it is great to hear that you are finding us easy to use and that you are making use of our newest update that includes switching between tasks or jobs. Thanks again!

Ronda from Health, Wellness and Fitness

Happier employees

Staffing issues that happen on a regular basis.

Pros

Its easy to use and has group solutions for staffing issues.

Cons

Every now and than, we would have multiple individuals unable to get to time sheets.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied December 2019

Thank you Ronda for the review, it is great to hear you are finding us easy to use. We also like to hear that your employees are happier!

Leigh from Higginbotham Family Dental

Easy peasy

Pros

I'm so technologically challenged and it is so simple

Cons

I like everything about this software, no problems

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied November 2019

Thank you Leigh for the review. It is great to hear you are finding us easy to use!

Tara from Good Life Therapy, LLC

Great Product!

Buddy Punch has been a super efficient business solution for our office. It is very user friendly. The integration with Quickbooks has streamlined our payroll which has been a huge plus. Most importantly to me as the administrator who's been responsible for the complete set up and training of all staff- the Buddy Punch customer service team has been absolutely outstanding!

Pros

The software is easy to use with only very minor quirks.

Cons

I appreciate the updates to scheduling but even with the new templates, I'm still not able to schedule as efficiently as I would like. I would love to be able to set a master schedule for each user and edit individual days from there as necessary. My team typically works a pretty set schedule so to have a template per person would be ideal. It seems that's not quite the functionality of the new template feature.

Reasons for Choosing Buddy Punch

PTO tracking function worked the way we needed it to and it was a better price point.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied October 2019

Thank you Tara for the review. It is great to hear that our QuickBooks integration has been helpful to your business. Thank you for the feedback, recurring items on the schedule is coming up as a new feature as well. Thanks again!

Xenia from Trade Winds Dental

Easy and easily accessible from anywhere!

Ease of use for employees and administrator alike

Pros

I love many things about this software! 1) It is self-explanatory. Even the most technically-challenged employee can figure out how to use it, for the most part. 2) Edits are made by the employee, and approved by the administrator where other programs require the administrator to make all the changes. This can be daunting depending on how many edits and how many employees there are that need them in a single pay period. With BuddyPunch, it's super easy to get employees to take responsibility for their own errors and edits. 3) This program is available even when our electricity goes out or our server goes down. And it doesn't take up any space on our server. The other time clock software we used to use was always a challenge for our IT experts to reload when they were doing updates due to the amount of space it took up on our server and because it wasn't updated to current technology standards available today. Employees are even able to clock in when they're outside the office doing work. 4) I like that employee messages and their times show up in the same report.

Cons

The time card reports are what I like least about this software. Each employee's time card report has to be downloaded separately. I would prefer that all employees show up on one report for more convenience. I end up copying and pasting each employee's excel report into one excel spreadsheet each pay period.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied August 2017

Thank you for your review Xenia, we appreciate you taking the time! Thank you for pointing out all of the features in your review, including the editing ability for employees and the approval on your end. This can be an overlooked feature that I know helps when managing employees. Also thank you for the feedback on the time cards, we'll look into making that a batch process. Also take a look at the Payroll Export, which is another report that shows time worked for each employee each pay period, it usually provides the data you need. Let us know if you need anything else, and thanks again!

Susan from Advantage Food & Beverage

Excellent Customer Service

Whenever I have a question that I can't find in the FAQ or a billing issue, they are super friendly and quick to respond. I even accidentally got charged for a full year subscription when I wanted to go monthly, and they refunded me immediately after contacting them. CSR is very helpful, and always quick to respond!

Pros

I like that you can require a photo and location for your employees when clocking in, and can monitor them pretty easily. It is really easy to set up, and you can put extra data in your employee files to have it all in one place. I also like that I can assign managers over certain employees, so they can monitor their own departments and approve accordingly. The facial recognition feature is super helpful when a bunch are clocking in on one device!

Cons

I find the navigation of the site is a little complicated at times. I tend to have to look around for a few minutes or hit the help to find a certain feature that I am looking for. Most of the time they have the feature, I just can't remember where I found it last time. The app isn't super helpful as the administrator. It is much easier to approve time-cards and review employee activity through the website vs the app. (The app is pretty much good for clocking in purposes only.) Wish that your facial recognition picture worked for punching in even if you use the "log in" feature vs the "punch" one. (Currently you have to take two pictures when using the "log in" with facial rec. option for punching in.)

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied June 2019

Thank you Susan for the review! It is great to hear that you're finding our customer service excellent and that we've been easy to setup and have all the features you are looking for. Thanks for the suggestion on Facial Recognition - we use the same photo when punching in directly but you are right, if you log in first then you take another picture. Also you can approve time cards on the app, but there's a lot of information to review so I can understand how using the web is a lot easier. Thanks again!

Josh from Bicoastal Media

Industry: Broadcast Media

Good Product

Pros

It has a very simple interface, easy to punch in and out as well as check timecards. I think both the desktop version and the smartphone version were well-designed. It doesn't try to do too much and make things complicated, since the main purpose is just to clock in and out, and it efficiently allows the user to do exactly that.

Cons

I don't really have any complaints. Maybe the only thing I don't like is that any time I have to make an adjustment (perhaps I forgot to clock out and it automatically logs me out after 11 hours, or I have to adjust a past day's time) it keeps it at "pending" and requires approval from my supervisor. This makes sense, but I'd make one exception- If I'm adjusting the time stamp to shorten my hours, I think it would make sense to not require supervisor approval. Obviously an employee suddenly changing their clock-in times to appear longer should require a supervisor's approval, but shortening the time seems to me like it shouldn't need approval. Or, allowing the employer to decide the settings to assign which situations do or do not need supervisor approval (or perhaps this is already the case and my employer just set it up this way, I'm not sure).

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied August 2019

Thank you for the review Josh, it is great to hear that you're finding both the website and our smartphone apps well designed and easy to use. In regards to permission for changes yes your administrator controls whether or not you need approval. Thanks again!

Kate from International House of Prayer, Atlanta

Absolutely stellar customer support, works exactly as advertised

Pros

The Customer Support team is super responsive, thorough, and effective. Their support software allows for much quicker response times than you could get on the phone. Their team is knowledgeable about my organization and the way that we use the platform - I have received many helpful suggestions to how we can best leverage the BuddyPunch platform in our sometimes complicated organizational structure. We have had very few issues, but have always received immediate resolutions when anything has come up. The software is straightforward and well-run, and was easily understood by our team of 55+ non-technical staff of all ages. I appreciate that new releases are well-tested before they are launched and free of bugs - the BuddyPunch team does a great job of maintaining the integrity of the application while continuing to add more value to the software frequently. We have had consistent experiences on the web version as well as iOS and Android apps for the life of our subscription.

Cons

I would like a little more flexibility in reporting outside of the confines of the predefined reports.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied November 2017

Thank you so much for the review Kate. I'm glad that we're providing an easy to use solution and that you find our support quick and knowledgeable! I'm glad that you're also taking advantage of our smartphone apps and I appreciate your comments about a bug free experience. We do our best to thoroughly test everything we release. Also thanks for the feedback on our reports, we are looking to add additional reporting options in the future. Also if needed we do have an API that can be used to integrate with. Thanks again!

Stephenie from Experience Design

Works the way it is advertised. Learning curve was minimal.

This software is a great alternative to paper records, especially for a small company that has hourly employees. I have no idea how easy/hard setting up accounts is, but for me--a regular employee--it works wonderfully. If I knew someone starting their own business, or someone who has their own business, I would recommend this product.

Pros

When I made user errors (like forgetting to clock out) the software had built in measures to rectify my mistake. I forgot to punch out, and it has a feature to leave notes for your boss. You can also edit a punch after you make a mistake (just needs to be approved by your boss) So if you get excited and start working before you clock in? No problem. Just punch in and edit the time to an earlier time of the day. Then wait for your boss to approve the changes. It says I can review punches from previous weeks, but I haven't had time to explore that feature yet.

Cons

I didn't devote a lot of time to explore the software, so it took a full work week to figure out what it had to offer beyond punching in and out. Software seems great! I've only been using it for two weeks. I don't have complaints about the software. Any issues I faced were from a lack of understanding how it functioned, and I was able to figure it out on my own (for example: I forgot to punch out, and the next morning when I saw the error it showed me punching in and out at what seemed to be random times during the night) Biggest complaint: the company sent me emails asking me to review the product the very first day I used it, and I personally think people need a few days--up to a week--to familiarize themselves with the software (at least enough to write a review)

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied October 2017

Thank you Stephanie for the great review, I'm glad your'e finding us easy to use and that you're finding our built in features to be helpful, such as forgetting to clock in or out. Also, sorry for asking for a review so fast! I appreciate your honest feedback. Thanks again for the review and for your recommendation.

Mike from Weimin Medical

How good is buddypunch?

Turns out its preetttyyy gooood. Was looking for an app that helped manage employee punching in/out for small businesses and did a bunch of trials before finding BuddyPunch. The other apps that I found were often not what I was looking for or did not have a focus on employee punch-in/outs. Found buddypunch and it does exactly what I need it to. The UI is very well designed, the administrator makes employee accounts and employees just go to the website, log in, and push the big green button. They then log in again to punch out but the big green button will be a big red button this time. Very simple, very easy, does employee punch-ins, does it well. Also got an IP-Lock feature so employees can only punch in on-site. There are some other features like wage calculations based on punch-in time, overtime stuff, and other things that I don't use but they seemed pretty useful if I ever choose to use them.

Pros

Good design Easy to use Intuitive Focused on employee punching in and out. No gimmicks you have to do, no hoops you have to jump through to get it going.

Cons

People can only be automatically punched out after X hours. Not X and a half or X and a quarter. But you set the X so I got that going for me which is nice.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied September 2016

Thank you Lei for the 10/10 review! We really appreciate the thought you put into it and the highlighting of some of our features. I'm glad that the User Interface (UI) is easy to use and understand. When we're designing features we always think of how they're being used and how it affects both the employee and administrator's daily experience. Thanks again, we appreciate your business.

Telesa from Shenandoah Baptist Church, Inc

Buddy Punch instead of an Excel spreadsheet ... TIME SAVER

It has a great deal of flexibility and gives administrators/managers the ability to see who is here at any given time of the day. Managers also have the ability to approve PTO prior to it being added to the time sheet. This provides accountability for both the employee and manager. They can also schedule shift work if necessary. In running payroll, since employees will punch in, be able to track their time as well as PTO in one place; this saves me time on my end. I simply run a report at pay period end to access a summary for each employee. I still have to enter totals but will not longer have to search spreadsheet each line for notes regarding time off. The reports are very helpful and can be downloaded in multiple formats.

Pros

The software has all the features that I currently was using in my spreadsheet - but better as it took human error out of the equation! I gained the reports that tallied PTO (vacations, sick time, personal time) which I had to pull manually from a spreadsheet. Employees are able to enter their own PTO requests (again a time saver). The chat staff has been super helpful to me every single time I have messaged them. They assisted me to get the software ready for a trial run which was very helpful! Every chat session was emailed to me for future reference.

Cons

Although they are able to answer every one of my many questions; it would have been helpful to download a readable document for reference.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied March 2019

Thank you Telesa for the review. It's great to hear that we're saving you time, and that you're taking advantage of our PTO tracking option. Our reports can be downloaded to CSV, Excel, and PDF so it's good to hear that those are meeting your needs as well. We strive to provide great service so I'm happy to hear that we've been helpful along the way. Thanks again, we appreciate your business.

Tohi from TRUDIGITAL SIGNAGE

Best solution to time tracking for our hourly employees, and it keeps me updated when someone forgets to clock out. Also, it allows my employees to make changes if needed, which I can review and approve.

Pros

Ease of use, for both employees and managers. The phone app with the clock in/out feature makes this the easiest for our company.

Cons

No cons so far, and I've been using it for almost a year now.

Reasons for Choosing Buddy Punch

User-friendly and ease of use. Barely any training required for this as it's self-explanatory.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied November 2019

Thank you for the review, it is great to hear you are finding us easy to use! It's also good to hear you are making use of our alerts and reminders. We offer a range of reminders that can be sent via push notifications on a phone or email. Thanks again!

Brittany from Spartan Armor Systems

Best system for business owners.

I like the ease of having the app on my phone considering I don't always go directly into the office first before I start working.

Pros

The thing I like most about the software is the geographical location requirement. Every time you punch in/out it shows your employer your location. Making time clock fraud one less worry as a business owner and the employee more responsible about time maintenance because you cannot get paid if you are not physically at work.

Cons

Because of the added security of the geographical location, I do not like that it prompts me to also take my picture as I clock in/out. I don't feel comfortable with a third party technology company not only knowing my location but also what I look like and am wearing at that moment. For employers, understood, we know each other personally and professionally. But there are hackers in the world so my face and location shouldn't be necessary.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the review Brittany, it is great to hear you're finding us easy to use. It sounds like you're using our GPS and webcam image options. The webcam image feature is enabled/disabled by the administrator of the account, so it is an optional feature. The administrator can make it required on a per employee basis. Thanks again for the review!

Domanic from Shustak Reynolds & Partners, P.C.

Industry: Law Practice

Buddy Punch Review

Buddy Punch has streamlined the clock-in/clock-out system for the firm I work for. Previous employers used different systems for timekeeping and they always seemed to cause more of an issue at the end of the month when billing and payroll would hit.

Pros

I like that there a very little functions, meaning that the software is simple to navigate and understand. I also prefer being able to see my time cards for my own personal use instead of having to ask the administrator for the information that I am looking for.

Cons

Instead of having to 'punch out' and then back into another category (i.e. from Regular Time to Lunch and/or Paid Break) the user should be able to simply select the area they wish to punch into and then a pop-up menu provides two options 1. Punch In? 2. Punch Out? and that would simplify the use of time cards. Additionally, having email reminders for regular lunch and break times could be a beneficial feature for some users.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied October 2019

Thank you Domanic for the review, it is great to hear you are finding us simple to navigate and understand. Also thank you for the feedback, and we actually do have reminders for lunches, punching back in, etc too! They can be sent via push message to a mobile device or via email. Thanks again.

Rafael from Savco Hospitality

Payroll Time Savior

After using paper time cards for over a year, spending many frustrating hours a week reviewing, verifying, inputting and analyzing employee punches and then finding a place to keep the paper cards for our records, we were fed up. We looked for an affordable and easy to implement solution. We used the Buddy Punch trial and within a week, we knew this was the solution we were looking for. Setting up locations, employees and punch restrictions was extremely easy. The timecard punches can easily be updated by managers from any location. The email notifications keep managers on top of missed punches, and with the variety of exportable reports we have been able to complete labor analysis quickly and accurately. Before we began Buddy Punch, completing a weekly labor analysis would take over an hour and a half. Between contacting the locations to send the timecards, manually entering daily hours, deciphering notes scribbled on the cards and updating labor information for new employees we had enough! Now the process is as simple as logging on, setting the date range, exporting a CSV and migrating the data into an analysis template. What used to take over an hour, takes roughly 20 minutes. Another major perk for our catering department is having the ability to require GPS location for login when employees begin and end off-site. This feature has made labor tracking more accurate and dependable, as we no longer have to rely on the site manager to send email updates about employee punches. The customer support at Buddy Punch is also quick to respond and very informative. I would highly recommend Buddy Punch to businesses looking for an affordable and effective timekeeping solution.

Pros

Update timecards anywhere, easy to add, remove, update employees, several reports that export easily.

Cons

None

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied August 2016

Thank you very much Rafael for the review, we could not have said it better! My favorite quote from your review was that Buddy Punch was "extremely easy," we really do strive for that every day. Thanks again, we really appreciate your business!

Great time collection option

Pros

I was looking for a time collection option for our temporary employee staff. We have anywhere from 15 to 30 temporary employees on staff from different agencies on a weekly basis. It was a chore to have paper time tickets from multiple agencies and making sure the hours were approved by the supervisor was difficult as well. Buddy punch allows all Temp employees to punch in on one clock and it takes their picture so I can verify it was them. We have an IPad set up for this purpose only. At the end of the week I can easily run a report by staffing agency and send the reports to them so the temporary employee can be paid.

Cons

In the beginning we had issues with the IPad not not running the app correctly. I am not sure if the issues were on our end or if they were with Buddy Punch but we had to reload the program once a week it seems for the first couple of months. I am happy to say things are working much smoother now and I rarely need to reboot the IPad.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied October 2018

Thank you for the review, it's great to hear that you're finding our reporting options easy to use and that you're taking advantage of our webcam feature, which you can setup to require a photo of an employee on punches. Also good to hear that any issues with your iPad have been resolved. Thanks again!

James from YIS/Cowden Group, Inc

Happy customer

Many of our employees work on the road going to many customers in a day, some of this involves hours of driving, this software allows ease of tracking travel time vs time with and at the customer to do our testing. Whenever we have had ideas for improvements or changes in the software the folks here at Buddy Punch listen and address, we've even had suggest that seemed like maybe that palm to the forehead moment for them and within 24 hours the wish we had is a reality! That is a software writer that listens and responds very refreshing!

Pros

Our employees have little trouble using this method for time tracking and have given us limited to no complaints.

Cons

I can't really say there is a "least" like about this software, which I guess is the best you can hope for as a software.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied March 2019

Thank you James for the review and your continued business. We take feedback seriously with our customers with our goal to make Buddy Punch valuable to your business while easy to use. I'm glad we were able to turn your feedback into a feature! Thanks again.

Ashley from Franklin Financial Corp.

Easy Enough

I like the location aspect, reporting could be improved, but overall, it functions and I like being able to see where employees are when they punch in/out.

Pros

What I like the most about the software is that it allows my employees to allocate their time to different locations which improves Job Costing Accuracy. I would like it if it were easier to log more than one location for the day without having to actually clock out.

Cons

I dislike that we continually have issues with people not being able to clock out. They try, but it doesn't work. I've looked over the settings and everything. Also, it would be great if I could print all of the individuals reports without going in and selecting, then deselecting, and selecting a new employee. Basically, I would like to print each employees time card on it's own page at the click of a button.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the review Ashley, it is great to hear that we're easy to use. Also thanks for the feedback, we do have a report that should meet your needs, it is called our Employee Detail Report, and it lists each employee on a new page. Also we're happy to help troubleshoot any issues your employees are having with punching out. I am going to reach out to you in a separate email and in app message, we'll get to the bottom of it. Thank you again.

Solomon from Orem Eye Clinic

I use Buddy Punch for my small office with 5-10 employees. The value and functionality are great!

Pros

I can customize its features in a way that work for my situation! My employees can clock in and out from the free app on their phones, and I can limit that ability by ip address and location of timecard punch. I also like that it is so easy to review original punched, and to accept or decline requested modifications if employees have erred or forgotten to clock in or out.

Cons

I wish I had and used cameras for Punch in and Punch out. I don't know how possible this is, or if it's a feature already available, but I wish it would send a notification alert to my employees every time it connects to or loses my workplace wifi.... Or better yet, if it could report the wifi /IP address find and loss times, directly to me -the employer - this way I could approximate, objectively, how accurate my employees are at clock in and clock out.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied October 2017

Thank you Solomon for the review! I'm glad that you and your employees are using our mobile apps and our IP Lock feature. We offer the full punch history if any changes are requested, as you pointed out. Also thank you for the feature suggestion, we do not have a way to notify users when they lose wifi but I will add this to our request list. Thanks again, we appreciate your business!

Jeana from THREE WIRE ELECTRIC, INC

They thought of everything!

Employee location at time of shift start.

Pros

Very inclusive of everything admin needs to address different scenarios "in the field". Mutiple customer reps were available via "Chat" to help with set up and answer questions. Rep was very knowledgeable and helped me with every single question and scenario I had trouble with. Now I am familiar with the site and can easily use all its functions. Using Buddy Punch has been fabulous thus far.

Cons

At first, I didnt like that there was not any phone support for customer service. But as it turns out, the questions were answered fine "in the chat". It just took a little longer than it would have on the phone.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied July 2019

Thank you for the review Jeana, it is great to hear that we've been fabulous so far! We appreciate your business.

April 2016

Jessica from CASL

April 2016

AMAZING ALL AROUND PRODUCT AND SERVICE!!!!!!

Buddypunch gives us a lot of abilities to manage our employee that we didn't have before. We literally made the leap from paper timesheets to a system that every employee has to utilize. As you can imagine, there were some lagging employees that did not embrace the idea of change. Once employees gained experience with the service, it has become a monumental change for our agency. A typical timeclock system would not work for our company. We have several different types of employees and own about 100 units that for certain staff, their work needs to be costed to certain locations. We have employees that are only administrative that can clock in at their desk, but we also have traveling employees who need the freedom of punching in on their phones. We needed a time keeping system that traveling employees could use, but also management could track their locations. Buddypunch has given us the ability to add all of our locations and all of our different types of work that can be performed (admin, accounting, HR, meeting etc.). As time has gone on, and employees are fully on the BP system, management is now able to ask questions like, "Why are the employees at the Fort Myers office working 25% administrative time than our other locations?" The BEST part, in my opinion, is the customer service I have received. It is as easy as pressing a button to put in a request. Believe me, I have made several requests (more than I care to tell) on things I would like to see in the future or suggestions that would make Buddypunch better reporting wise and for my company. I am always addressed within a few hours, and I HAVE ACTUALLY SEEN SOME OF THE CHANGES I'VE REQUESTED.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied April 2016

Thank you Jessica for the glowing and thorough review! It really gives insight into your daily use of Buddy Punch and how it has uniquely helped your business from not only a time keeping perspective but from reporting perspective as well. We appreciate the kind words and are happy that not only has the system been perfect for your business but that the customer service you have received has met and exceeded your needs. Thank you for being a Buddy Punch customer, we appreciate it!

Kenia from Jim Ross Law Group

Super Convenient

Overall buddy punch is the best time clock system we have had. Very easy to use and has everything you need.

Pros

I love that when you sign in from the computer you see your time on the right and the option to clock in/ out on the left. Basically everything you need right away. I don't have admin access but I know they are able to easily fix your time if you miss a punch along with other features to keep it simple.

Cons

I don't like that everything is clock in/out. In the past we have had it where it summarizes the day and you can tell how many total hours for that day. and at any time that you log in you can see what the total time is for when you last clocked in/out. i.e when we clock out for lunch we like to check and see how much time we have until getting back to work. or when we arrive late I like to know how much more time I need to make the 8 hours for the day.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied September 2018

Thanks Kenia for the review, it is great to hear that you're finding us convenient, easy to use, and everything is right where you need it. Thanks for the feedback as well, you can currently see shift and daily totals right from the Time Card, but we'll look to add in current shift totals as well. Thanks again.

Lindsey from McDonough Police Departmentq

Industry: Public Safety

L. Bruce

My employees love this system since they do not have to come to the building to login. We are a Police Department and sometimes they need to respond to a call and cannot come in to clock in until later. On the previous system we used the Officer would have to fill out paperwork explaining why they did not clock in. Now they can clock in when they get to the call location or if they forget they can punch in later and adjust the time and write a short reason why they had to adjust the time. This helps decrease paperwork and helps the employee.

Pros

I like Buddy Punch because it is web based and the app is also a plus. Easy to access and a great way to keep up with time and PTO.

Cons

My least favorite part is that it is sometimes hard to navigate if you are in a hurry. You have to go back to screens once you enter information. If you have to enter information on an employee several times you have to either hit the back arrow or search for their information again to proceed with the entry.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied March 2019

Thank you Lindsey for the review, it's great to hear that your employees are loving Buddy Punch! Also thanks for the feedback, I'll message you to see what area you are referring to as you shouldn't have to hit back or search for an employee again after entering information. Thanks again!

Ifeoma from Softchoice

Buddy -punch gives us the value we seek.

Pros

Intuitive ,and a much cheaper option than Toggle which we have tried in the past ,and they completely avoided the per user billing system,which I find very ridiculous. Buddy-punch provides my team with an easy to use clock based punch in/punch out time management application, which didn't require a fingerprint scanner and still works. Buddy-punch has generally given us value for our money.

Cons

Anytime our employees have failed to sign in , they get multiple email notifications which some have found to be very pestering.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied July 2018

Thank you Ifeoma for the review! I appreciate the 10/10 rating and it's great to hear that we're giving you great value! You are correct, we do not have per user pricing, so you do not have to be concerned with thinking about increased costs when you add a new user. We appreciate your business!

Sarah from Riverside Dental Care

Buddy Punch is a great replacement for our old system!

Pros

Right off the bat I was impressed that Buddy Punch offered a 30 day trial, whereas most other systems offered only one or two week trials. Before our 30 days was even up we knew this is the program we were going to use. Buddy Punch was easy to use for all of our employees and I am able to access it from my home rather than having to remember when I went into the office to make adjustments to time cards, approve PTO, or print reports. Also, even though I set specific pay periods, I am able to print reports with whatever date ranges I indicate. I find that very useful. The last feature that we have been impressed with was the ability to select different locations that employees can punch in/ out of. We have multiple locations and it is helpful know where people are physically. Great program!

Cons

I have the mobile app downloaded onto my phone but it is extremely limited. In hindsight, I wish I wouldn't have talked that up so much to my management team, because it turned out to not offer many options or capability.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied November 2018

Thank you for the review Sarah! It's great to hear that you're taking advantage of our PTO approval feature, reporting, and geo-fencing features. With the smartphone app you're able to approve PTO, view and edit time cards, and view who's currently punched in. We don't have a reports option on the smartphone apps today, but I'll reach out to you to see what features you might be interested in so we can add them to the list for future development. Thanks again.

Jake from Accelerated Speed Dynamics, Inc.

Great Time Clock System

Buddy Punch is a great product that has allowed us to better track our technicians hours. They are on the road 3-4 days a week and Buddy Punch helps us know where they are when they punch in/out and whether they are staying on schedule. It's a great product at a great value!

Pros

The software is a good value, easy to use, and the support team is very receptive to suggested changes or add-ons. We've seen several suggestions become a reality which is uncommon when dealing with other software companies.

Cons

The app isn't the best, but we do ask for it to do a lot. From GPS tracking to facial recognition; there are good features, but with phone updates, the app has a tendency to lock up.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied October 2018

Thanks Jake fore the review, I'm happy to hear that you're finding us easy to use as well as a good value. We build features based on feedback from our users, it is great to hear that you're enjoying some of our recent updates! Also thanks for the feedback on the mobile app, it supports geofences, gps coordinates, facial recognition and QR codes. Thanks again.

Cindy from Wondersign

August 2016

Simple and Easy to Use Time Tracking Product!

I handle HR for a small start-up tech company, and we were looking for a simple, easy-to-use time tracking software solution that was also cost-effective for our size. We found Buddy Punch, and it seemed to offer everything we needed, and it was reasonably priced. We signed up for the trial period, and our employees were impressed immediately. They were able to start recording their time immediately with zero training or assistance, which was a priority for us. The system is also very easy to use from an administrator end (editing punches, viewing timecards, etc.) Buddy Punch produces concise reports which can assist with transferring employee hours to any payroll system that you may be using. If you do experience any issues or have questions, it's very easy to place a support ticket and a response is usually given within 1-2 hours at the most. Customer Service definitely seems to be a priority which we appreciate. Once our trial period had concluded, it was a no-brainer to continue with this easy, intuitive solution.

Pros

Easy to use for admins and employees Concise reports Archiving of data is permanent while a paying customer (never lose past timecards) Reasonably priced

Cons

Wish there were better customization options for hour categories (i.e. floating holidays, Jury Duty, etc.) App for I phone needs improvement (can only view who is punched in currently)

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied August 2016

Thank you for the review Cindy, we appreciate it! You are correct, we place ease of use and customer support at the top of our priority list. We are always looking to improve so thank you for the suggestions, we are working on updating our smartphone apps and will have the updates ready soon. Thanks again for your business!

Pati from The Lotus Tree

Simplified employee time tracking

Accuracy of payroll hours and the ability for employees are able to track their own PTO usage are primary benefits. The software's Payroll reports help us accurately determine productivity.

Pros

It's super simple both for employees to utilize and for our payroll department to track hours and PTO.

Cons

When accessing from a mobile device, the software asks to use the camera even if the user has opted out of video screening.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied October 2018

Thank you for the review Pati, I'm glad to hear that both your employees and payroll department are finding us easy to use. In regards to our webcam feature, the administrator of the account can turn that feature off, optional, or required. If optional or required we'll give you the option to take a photo. If you do not want to use the feature you can turn it off on a per employee basis. Thanks again!

Travis from Oelwein Family Pharmacy

As good as we could have imagined

We have yet to find any issues with the software that wasn't explained with a quick call or email. Changing incorrect punches isn't the most convenient, but even that isn't an issue.

Pros

We started using Buddy Punch almost 3 years ago at our Pharmacy and we will continue to stick with it. The ease of use was fantastic. We have clerks that were used to signing in on a clipboard for the last couple decades, and they picked up on the program in no time. Reports are simple, the interface is great, and they are constantly updating features.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied October 2017

Thank you Travis for the great review and continued business! I'm glad that we continue to deliver the simple and easy to use interface while we also are upgrading our feature set. We're happy that you're happy!

Ellen from HELP IN CRISIS, INC

Our staff work in different locales, BP was just the solution to our staff clocking in on real time.

Ability to have real time punch in's & out's by employees. Overall picture who's clocked in instantly. Also if they use their cell phones, where the employee is.

Pros

The versatility, ease of use, flexibility. The fact that most employees can clock in anywhere on their cells phone.

Cons

It does not keep a balance of PTO, just PTO used. Some employees have a hard time with how BP functions on their cell.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied December 2017

Thank you for the review Ellen, I appreciate you taking the time. It's great to hear that you're finding us versatile, easy to use and flexible. In regards to the PTO balances, we actually do have this feature. It is part of our PTO Accrual options. I'm going to be sending you some information on them and how to enable it. Employees can see their balances right after logging in. Thanks again.

Zachary from MALK Organics

Buddy Punch is the most user friendly way for my employees and me to track hours.

Pros

What I love most about Buddy Punch is how simple it is for employees to clock in and out, add their lunch breaks, and write notes about their shifts. I also love how easy it is for me to import it into QuickBooks and pay payroll with it! Before I used Buddy Punch I was keeping time manually with 3 employees and it drove me crazy. Now I have over a dozen employees and I do not know what I would do without this software.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied August 2017

Thanks for the review Zachary! I'm glad that Buddy Punch has been simple for you and your employees to use. I see that you're using our QuickBooks integration as well, we have one for both QuickBooks Desktop and Online. I'm glad it is saving you time to use it. We appreciate your business!

Taylor from Roecker Cabinets and Millwork

Industry: Building Materials

Great Customer Service

Pros

I will say I truly do like working with Buddy Punch. Any time I have an issue, its immediately fixed and it seems like Buddy Punch is constantly taking customers issues and using those to fix the system overall. Every business is going to have issues, it's a matter of fixing them and improving . I have never dealt with a company before, not just an online time clock/scheduler, that has responded so efficiently to customers issues and wants to fix it to where it doesn't happen again in the future or fix it to where its easier to use in the future. I truly appreciate it!

Cons

Not being able to delete inactive items. That is something they are working on allowing customers to fix. Even though I cannot delete them myself, I can ALWAYS chat with a Buddy Punch customer service rep and they take care of it for me.

Reasons for Choosing Buddy Punch

Pricing, user friendly and features.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied October 2019

Thank you Taylor for the review and your business. We appreciate the kind words!

September 2016

Gerald from Aycardo Veterinary Center Inc.

One Of The Best Decisions I Made For My Business

I was first apprehensive of trying out Buddy Punch. I was so used to traditional punch cards, spending hours reading through each punch card during paydays and calling each employee for verification of blurred printouts and questionable punch-ins. I was used to making my life so difficult. Until I decided to level up because some bundy clock machines bogged down at the office, I began looking for a time card system that would eliminate time fraud from employees ... and make my life easy too. I began to entertain biometric time clocks. But the newest machines are so expensive and still quite laborious on part of the employer who had no human resources department. Until I came through an advertisement from Buddy Punch, this picked up my interest. After a few hours of contemplation, I tried it and boy was I blown off by its features real-time pics, extensive data of employee activity, payroll data, etc. Even the staff of Buddy Punch are so supportive, inserting few features from a new user like me. I am so impressed! Now for the first time in my 10 years of business, computing payroll has become such a breeze. Thank you very much, Buddy Punch!

Pros

I am happy for everything. Though it doesn't have all the features we need, but the staff are ready to entertain all our suggestions.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of. So far, it fills my current payroll needs.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied September 2016

Thank you Gerald for the great review! I appreciate you pointing out a few of our features, like our webcam support for pictures on punches and our reporting options. I'm glad we've made your life easier. Thanks for your business!

Easy for our office workers to use

We wanted to upgrade our old time tracking system that used biometrics. It went great for our office workers, although they did tend to forget to clock in/out in the beginning. However, we had to move our warehouse workers back to a biometric system as they did not readily have access to a computer or had limited amount of data on their phone to clock in/out.

Pros

Easy for our office workers to use on a daily basis.

Cons

This was not easy for our warehouse workers to use.

The pricing

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied December 2019

Thanks for the review, it is great to hear that we were easy to use for your office workers! We are a web based application so I can understand if some of your workers didn't have access to internet how that would be an issue. Thanks again.

Anna from Pickerington Heating and Cooling

Industry: Machinery

Pickerington Heating and Cooling Employee

Pros

Buddy Punch is easy to use and user friendly for all ages, I clock in and out using buddy punch daily. I can go back and change my time if need, it shows when you have PTO, the exact time you clock in and out down to the second. I can clock in from my phone, laptop or desktop! Very convenient

Cons

The only issue I've yet to experience is a glitch in the system (Or at least I think that's what it is) I've clocked in from my app on my phone a time or two and it shows me the time I clocked in, shows the "CLOCK OUT" but it actually did not go through. I;ve had to adjust it when I make it into the office and "make a change" to my actually clock in/out time. Other than that, I enjoy using buddypunch!

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied February 2019

Thank you Anna for the review, it is great to hear that you're finding us easy to use and user friendly for everyone. An internet connection is required to use Buddy Punch but an offline mode is on our feature list. Thanks again!

Peter from Westlake Produce Company

Industry: Import and Export

Where have you been?

Having spent over a year trying to integrate a time and attendance system with our payroll provider with little or no success, we had reverted to signing in and out the old fashioned way as it has been done for the last century.

Pros

I asked my I.T. department to search and find me something I could work with. I needed something that would track employee time and attendance . One main pro was giving us a month to work with the software to see if it was right for us. After two weeks, employees were urging us to sign up! This software provides clear transparency, everyone knows where they stand and as an employer I can review activity at my leisure from where ever I am . We have been using Buddy Punch now for two months and it has improved employee punctuality and even morale. The data does not lie from a management perspective. My office manager likes it and just sends me the final excel sheet for approval on pay day.

Cons

Sometimes the software does not notify us that an action is awaiting approval .

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied August 2016

Thank you Peter for the review, we appreciate it. i'm glad you took advantage of our 30 day free trial and that Buddy Punch gives your business some clear transparency. Thanks again!

Brad from Consumer Goods

Industry: Printing

Easy to use and goes with me on my iPhone

Pros

The functions are straight-forward and self -explanatory for what you need to accomplish. I use it exclusively with the iPhone app, so I can punch in or out if I'm out of the plant on company business.

Cons

Sometimes it's difficult to add time for PTO, but the problem had always been resolved by our company administrator.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied January 2019

Thank you Brad for the review, it is great to hear that you are finding us easy to use when using our iOS app on your iPhone. You are able to request PTO directly in app but it's good to hear that your administrator was also able to step in when you needed assistance. Thanks again!

Cheryl from Daly Brokerage

EXCELLENT SOFTWARE, EASY TO USE

Pros

Easy to log in and review hours worked per day/week. I can send an Excel spreadsheet at the end of every two week period to track time, and vacation. Buddy punch has an app for my phone, but I prefer to log into the website on my phone.

Cons

When punching in and out on my phone it repeatedly asks for access to my camera. If there was a permanent way to turn this feature off I would give Buddy Punch a 10!

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied June 2019

Thank you for the review Cheryl, it is great to hear that you're finding us easy to use. There is a way to remember your camera setting, I'll reach out to you. Thanks again!

Brittney from Family Insurance Center LLC

Buddy Punch Review

It takes awhile to get used to, we still forget to punch in and out a lot. It might be nice to have a reminder function through the ap that lets you know 5 minutes before your done you need to punch out. Right now I have alarms set.

Pros

There is an ap I can use on my phone, its also easy to see how hours are calculated as well as overtime etc.

Cons

If an employee forgets to punch out for lunch it's a lot of extra work for the administrator to fix our time card. I feel like this happens a lot. Maybe its our internet but the punch takes a long time to register on the Ap.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied December 2019

Thanks for the review, it is great to hear that you are using the app and it is easy to see your hours. We do have alerts and reminders (via email and push)l, I'll send you some information on them. Thanks again!

Jennifer from Emergency plumbing

Great tool

We used to add up time sheets manually each week. When you have over 20 employees and they all have different pay scales, it can be very time consuming. This has helped us with the general punch and and out time.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and the time it has saved us each week on payroll. The employees like seeing their time live each day as well.

Cons

I like the updates that have been out in place for the PTO but I wish it would do more tracking with all that and also let people request off on there phones and manager approve it. We have some special/unique payroll and it would be cool if it was more customizable to our company.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied October 2018

Thanks for the review Jennifer, it is great to hear that you're finding us easy to use and we've saved you time when you have to run payroll. Sorry for any confusion, your employees can request PTO directly from our smartphone apps. I'll send you a message directly with some screen shots. Thanks again!

Tamara from ParkView Wellness

Definitely FIVE STAR ratings in all areas!

I am glad to see that you have added Sure Payroll to your integration of other software.

Pros

It is so easy to use, particularly for the employees. We simply give the employee the ID and password, and a 30 second demonstration. Although on other software, we tend to get numbers questions, so the simplicity and ease is very important for our HR department.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied October 2017

Thanks Tamara for the 5 Star ratings and the 10/10 recommendation! We really do make ease of use our highest priority when designing features and I"m glad that this come across in your daily use. We appreciate your continued business!

Celina from First Choice Employment Services

Simplicity

Being that i have 2 job duties, switching from one to another is as easy as 123. Now i can spend more time assisting my clients without worry about time and payroll. Thanks. For its the simple things in life that count-accuratly. Lol have a blessed day! qb671

Pros

It's easy access on the go and accurate live

Cons

Nothing. I love it couldn't be better. Thanks

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied January 2019

Thank you Celina for the review, it is great to hear you're finding us easy and accurate. It also sounds like you're using our codes feature, which allows you to create codes that you can punch into. This then separates your time based on the code. Thanks again!

Kristina from United Tech PEO

Great, very easy to use and not over complicated by too many add ons

Pros

It is simple, straight forward, and very easy to use. It looks great on the web and the mobile app. Easy for employees to use and access.

Cons

It is not made to function without an email address and it is not made for Holdings or Conglomerate groups. You cannot be an administrator tied to separate entities once your email is in use. Even though you wish each group to act independently and you just want administrator access to each one, you have to make entirely separate accounts and you have to come up with different versions of your email to do that because this program is just not made for that.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied October 2017

Thank you Kristina for the 10/10 review, we appreciate it! I'm glad you're finding us easy to use and making use of our web and mobile access options. Thank you for the feedback on management of several accounts at once. We are making some enhancements in this area, so stay tuned!

Chelsea from Anjmfg

Industry: Wholesale

Love Buddy Punch!

Pros

Buddy Punch makes it simple and easy to manage employee hours.

Cons

Sometimes when editing punches and backspacing the time it will reset the whole thing so you have to start over. It only costs 10 extra seconds, so it's a very minor complaint.

Response from Buddy Punch

Replied January 2019

Thank you for the review Chelsea, it is great to hear that you're finding us simple and easy to use. Our time picker allows the use of the keyboard as well as a picker that allows you to select a time. If using the keyboard and holding down backspace would clear the entry. Thanks for your business, we appreciate it!