Rippling Reviews

4.94 / 5 (339) FrontRunners

Our advisors have recommended this product 46 times in the last 30 days

• Pros

• "I love that everything is easy to find. It's extremely user friendly. Even our older employees who are less computer friendly can use this. "

• "Super easy to use, handles a lot of different tasks that usually would require multiple software packages."

• "I love being able to see my information in real time. The ability to send over time off and have it documented. I also love the dashboard, the cleanness, and seeing team member updates is amazing! "

• Cons

• "The price is a little steep for a small business, but probably worth it. "

• "no chat support, only email..responses are quick but sometimes having access to chat support right away would be great"

• "It is complex with quite a lot of options, but that’s to be expected considering the services it provides."

Browse Rippling Reviews

Scott from Q.Digital, Inc.

Industry: Publishing

Great product, friendly service

Rippling makes it easy for my employees to get paid, track PTO, do open enrollment for healthcare and it handles all the tax/compliance stuff with ease.

Pros

Rippling's Payroll is seamless and easy and their support in setting everything up (and transferring from my old provider was flawless). We manage our Benefits, PTO, Payroll, Worker's Comp all through their software. For benefits and Worker's Comp, it integrates with third parties seamlessly (our health insurance broker and a Worker's Comp company Rippling works with). But overall, I've appreciated their service above all else - requests are quickly and politely answered (not like my previous provider)

Cons

The reporting features leave a lot to be desired, but I can see them improving as they go. Today's payroll run surfaced a brand new report that wasn't there just two weeks ago, so I'm hopeful this is an area they are devoting more attention to.

Antoinette from Law Enforcement Action Partnership

Great Overall Business Product

Rippling has saved me time and money overall. Combining all HR aspects with payroll, apps, and equipment is the best bundle of services you could ask for, especially when you are dealing with multiple roles and departments.

Pros

Rippling is extremely intuitive and easy to use! They make payroll a breeze each wee and walk you through ever step of the way. They integrate easily into QB and other platforms. The PTO tracking system is quite extensive and allows for easy tracking of employees hours and is very easy for employees to use when requesting time off. Pricing is very competitive and has saved our non-profit a lot of funds when compared to what we were using previously.

Cons

The only con with Rippling is that they do not have a customer service phone line to call, all inquiries are done via email.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Rippling had the right fit for our organization with pricing, products, and implementation.

Alexandra from Fabric

So many things in one platform

Pros

I love the ease of use for onboarding new employees. Being able to provision IT accounts, sign crucial documents, build an employee profile from our ATS and create custom PTO plans per each location we have, is AMAZING! For a one-person department, Rippling has made my life so much easier.

Cons

Two areas in which the product can be improved. A more functional organizational chart (visually speaking) and more functionally in doing static documents like a text function to fill out the forms.

Lee from Adva Digital Solutions

Reporting as fraud - zero customer support

Rippling took $1000 from me for a 5-person package. When I realized it didn't perform the way they said it would, I asked for a refund. To be specific, they assured me that I could use Rippling in the same way that I use DocuSign. When I tried to upload contracts to send them for signature, the platform wouldn't allow that function. I was going to have to completely re-enter a 15-page contract manually in their online 'editing' box before I could send the document for signature. This wasn't what I was told during my original walk-through, so I requested a refund as that was my main need. When I requested my refund, I received no reply- the person that sold me the package ghosted me, Rippling kept my money and canceled my account. There is no other way to contact their team other than email, and I sent several emails over months before giving up. Going to have to issue a statement about fraud to my bank to try and reverse the charge now.

Pros

Nothing. Never got to actually use it because they de-activated my account and kept my money.

Cons

Their "portal" for documents to be e-signed is like a bad version of google docs- without the ability to import. You literally cannot import a pre-made document. You can paste the content and reformat it- so good luck with anyone transferring from another platform, anyone with pre-existing documents, basically anyone that wants to edit a document outside of their terrible text editor.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

I was told that Rippling would out-perform Zenefits, QuickBooks and DocuSign combined. That turned out to be a lie, and I am now out over $1000.00. They have no customer support. Good luck getting any issues resolved or getting anyone to help you if you need a refund. When I asked for a refund, my account was cancelled, I was ghosted and no refund was ever issued.

Kelly from Starwood Equine

Industry: Veterinary

Why did I wait so long to make the switch!?

Pros

The implementation team was super helpful and gave step by step tasks to complete while providing assistance as needed. The streamlined HR, Payroll, Security features were a huge benefit to my small business.

Cons

I am hopeful that additional features will present themselves so that we can further integrate employee communication, reviews, etc.

Alec from Yumi

Rippling Provides Needed HR/IT Integration

Pros

Every company I have worked for has struggled with integrating HR & IT onboarding and offboarding processes. Typically, companies will have to resort to a spreadsheet of software and services. I really like that Rippling integrates SAML and other utilities like SSH key management. I also really enjoy the HR experience, the Payroll dashboard is really nice. The benefits dashboard is extremely clear and accessible. Overall, I've been really happy with Rippling.

Cons

They are a relatively new company and sometimes the occasional bug pops up, like an app bug I ran into when putting in the two factor code. I haven't run into any showstoppers so far and overall, the positives greatly outweigh the negatives.

Evan from Jones IT

Rippling Saves us Time

We've been with Rippling since they first launched. Their support is extremely responsive and we've seen a lot of our feature requests implemented into the product. It was already great, but it keeps getting better and better as time goes on.

Pros

Rippling saves us a lot of managerial time. It saves the most time of some of our key executives, which is extremely valuable.

Cons

We don't use some of the IT related features, but everything else we love.

Bryan from PeopleGrove

Enterprise grade benefits management, accessible to startups.

I was first introduced to Rippling as part of my offer and acceptance to join PeopleGrove. I found the process quite simple. As I went through onboarding, each task was laid out in front of me, making it simple to follow and check off as tasks. Now I am an active user. Rippling gives me access to our org chart, showing reporting structure and contact info for the team. We can use Rippling SSO to access any portal we need access to, easily and securely. I can schedule and manage PTO for me and my team. Payroll, forms, documents, etc. are all at my fingertips. I have worked at bigger companies in the past. Their HR packages were robust but cumbersome and visually meh. Rippling even helps us with device provisioning and decommission, software updates, etc. Rippling has been one of the easiest products to learn how to use and see value in. I have no complaints whatsoever.

Pros

Simple, easy to understand from offer, to onboarding, to managing a team. I have secure access to all of my HR, IT, payroll, and documents and single sign-on to every portal we need to access.

Cons

It is very difficult to find a constructive complaint about Rippling. So far, I have not encountered anything that I expect to be in the product that isn't. They recently rebranded the identity and colors of the company but it has been slow to show up in the app. Perhaps the frequent need to re-login for rPass access could be improved with different session management, but overall, I don't have any complaints.

William from Brex

Rippling - The better payroll/HR software

I really enjoy Rippling. Their customer experience is great. They have sent a couple of emails to check in but they don't bombard my inbox. I appreciate the consideration because I feel like if I were to need help, I would be able to reach out. I would 10/10 recommend Rippling to anyone who is looking to upgrade their HR/Payroll software.

Pros

I really like the ease of access to rippling. I used a in house software at the large investment bank I used to work at and it was a pain to try to find everything. I could never remember where to find my paystub information and my insurance information. With Rippling, not only do they have it all in one place but it is really simple to use. I have been at my current job for a month and I haven't had to ask anyone how rippling works. Plain and simple, using Rippling is plain and simple.

Cons

I frequently forget my password and it would be nice to not have to reset it every time I forget it. Otherwise, I have no issues so far.

Ruth from My Health Advisers

Great time using software

I really am impressed by the overall set up. And feel this is a amazing tool.

Pros

I feel the software is very hands on which allows me to have access to all of my payroll information and also tax withholdings W2's and other important information. I can also make changes regarding my tax information.

Cons

Not much of a fan of the amount of pay shown in bold text. I am always trying to block that information from my colleagues view. A person with whom one works in a profession or business with should not be able to view my pay.

Douglas from Voltus, Inc.

Rippling is a must have

Overall, very positive. The Rippling team has been very responsive and helpful along our journey. The platform made an immediate and positive impact on payroll, benefits, and onboarding processes. I have evaluated numerous HR/payroll platforms (Gusto, Bamboo HR) and implemented Namely at my last company. Rippling is an improvement over all of them. Rather than trying to offer mediocre functionality across a breadth of items, they are focused on being the best at core features (payroll, onboarding/offboarding, benefits, IT lite, etc.) and then integrate with best-in-class apps for items like performance reviews, expense management,...).

Pros

1) Technology that makes my life better 2) Responsive team/customer service 3) Makes my team happy (because of #1 and #2). The thoughtfulness in workflows helps a lot.

Cons

1) I fear that the cost could very quickly grow -- initial pricing on modules is usually $/employee/month...regardless of how many people actively use the module. The team has been responsive to requests for different pricing schemes. 2) Data visibility (e.g. compensation info) is a bit limited on flexibility. It is either at the admin level (everything) or general user level (limited visibility). I expect this will change over time, but some more intermediate steps would be great (e.g. manager can see comp info, but not SSN, bank info, etc.).

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Forward thinking on app integrations and great user interface

Response from Rippling

Replied January 2020

Hey Douglas, Thanks so much for your feedback, we're always making improvements, so look out for updates around data visibility.

Letha from Pineapple Payments

Modernized Flexible Solutions

Pros

The smoothness of not only the implementation, but the usability of the program for both admins and employees.

Cons

As Rippling is still relatively new itself, there are some features or capabilities that are unique to our company - such as having multiple entities, banking needs, etc. - that Rippling doesn't quite offer yet- HOWEVER, our account manager and the support team have been receptive and responsive to our needs and are continuing to work on the things we need as we request them, which is great.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Rippling offered us the ability to integrate many of our existing SaaS solutions via API to our account. Onboarding and Offboarding using one tool was a sell for us, as security is important to our company. The ability to accommodate all of our needs and the seamless reporting available were great selling points.

Response from Rippling

Replied December 2019

Thanks for your feedback :) We're constantly working on building new features.

David from Brystra

Great integrations save hours, easy to use

Overall has been very good. Initial set up took minutes for all of our applications and payroll. Really frees up a lot of time managing employees, computers and software licenses for the team.

Pros

Intuitive design, easy to navigate, saves a lot of time managing multiple systems for employees. LOVE the software licensing set up and computer security management. Makes onboarding and terminations much faster and more accurate!

Cons

Occasionally payroll support emails have gone unanswered for a couple of days. Benefits portion is not as customizable as some other stand-alone benefits admin systems but is more intuitive to set up on our own and far better than any other payroll-based benefits system we've tested.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Really came down to having a system set up employees on everything from one single platform that connects to EVERYTHING we use. Salesforce logins, phone system set up, computer security and purchasing, adobe, MS and tons more. Super smart business model and clean easy to use software that kept getting better every week we looked at it.

Response from Rippling

Replied October 2019

Hey there, thanks so much for your feedback. We're sorry about the delay in your support emails, we'll work on that. :)

Mike from Porter Kyle

I Replaced 9 Separate Web Services with ONLY Rippling

Pros

Does everything you need... really... Onboarding, Background Checks, Employment/Education Verification, Payroll, PTO, Single Sign-On, Hardware Management, 401(k) through Guideline, Health Insurance, Dental/Vision/LTD/Life Insurance, on and on and on. Service is immediate... while other companies fail at email only service, Rippling nails it... in like 3 minutes usually... way faster and more precise than a phone call. Sometimes the founder even takes care of my requests... no really... the founder. Employees never ask me to train them anymore, it's so slick and easy to use. Really happy.

Cons

The only con is that I can't change an employee's username to their work email... it's always their personal email that they set input when they sign their offer letter... but the more I think about it it doesn't really matter.

WAY more integrated

Matt from PartyBuild

Rippling is exactly what you need.

Pros

Clean platform, makes administration generally easy. Puts almost everything in one place.

Cons

I do wish that the application integrations were more than primarily SSO, but instead offered integrated functionality. Also, I wish that the functionality of the integrations worked with any version of the third-party apps, and not just the enterprise versions (for the most part.)

Nicholas from Statewide Interpreters

Industry: Translation and Localization

Rippling for Small Business

I highly recommend Rippling to any business, especially small businesses. They have the capacity to scale any company's needs. Regarding my small business, it changed my whole HR game. Before it would take me or an employee almost two hours a week to run payroll and administer benefits. Now I do the whole process myself in less than 10 minutes. The new system did take some getting used to, but now I am familiar with process and the value Rippling provides me is incredible.

Pros

The price that Rippling offers is hard to beat, especially considering all the value it offers. I now have direct control over my company's payroll and benefits. Any time I need to change something in this area or run payroll, it only takes me a few minutes. Also Rippling offers me a plethora of tools without shoving them on to me. I can implement it to the degree I need, and if I need more, Rippling has it for me.

Cons

The price of having such direct control over payroll is that any mistakes I make are on me. It took me a bit to learn how to run payroll and administer benefits myself, but once I got it straight, the process has become a breeze. Also, it took me a little while to get used to customer service via email. At first it worried me, but after they dealt with many of my needs in a very timely fashion, I now feel comfortable with the system.

Josh from Blue Energy Group

Rippling is a one stop shop

Customer service has been the highlight so far. Very prompt service!

Pros

It takes care of all my payroll, insurance, deductions, pto time, onboarding, and offboarding all in one place.

Cons

Nothing really other than just having to go through a rigorous set up and transition process.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

It was more compatible and integrated better with other brands of software.

Nicole from BacklotCars

Rippling is an incredible business tool

Rippling is an awesome business tool that helps me stay organized on one central platform.

Pros

Rippling is extremely easy to navigate and includes easy access to things such as benefits, pay stubs and org charts. Another benefit of Rippling is the “To-do” list section. For example, my HR manager will assign me a task which sends me an email and shows up on my Rippling dashboard. It lists the priority of the task, the due date and duties that need to be performed. If I have not checked off a task in a few days it sends me a reminder email. It’s a really great way to stay organized!

Cons

After using Rippling for nearly 6 months within my company I have yet to find anything negative about the platform.

Matilda from Americord Registry

Industry: Biotechnology

Happy to make the switch

The fast response time has been so appreciated since many of our issues are urgent and I feel that Rippling provide the support that I need.

Pros

It is easy to understand and interact with. All the important apps and documents gets kept in the same spot.

Cons

I do not have any direct cons to the software itself. It was a bit hard transferring every data and information over from our last provider and I wish it had been a bit smoother, that's all.

Anuraag from Manifest

Best Payroll Choice

Fantastic!

Pros

- Combines IT with HR to help our employees get onboarded - Great document management tools - Quick Support - Easy to use interface

Cons

- The rigid process for a few apps doesn't leave room for customization - Site can be buggy at times, but nothing concerning - Would be nice if they bundled pricing again, it can get expensive with all of the bells and whistles per employee

Kate from Annmarie Gianni Skincare

Industry: Cosmetics

HR for the Modern Team

I enjoy using the software. I like chatting with teammates in the "watercooler"

Pros

This software is easy to use and intuitive. It's also clever and smart and I love the little images they've chosen. It's the perfect software for a modern company, bridging the gap between boring old punching in software and an apple-like present day feel.

Cons

I wish the out of office part would show when someone was only out for part of the day, but that is pretty minor.

MARCUS from Syndicate Mortgages, llc

Horrible service and on boarding

Their system is nothing more than the API hub to other third-party service providers. You're paying to connect to your other services through their interface, which costs additional for each service on a per-person level. There are many more affordable solutions with better interface and customer service. To prove how outdated and horrible their system is, they declined my payment (even though I provided my full account info with their rep on the phone that was chewing on the phone, letting me figure everything out instead of trying to help me). I tried to reach my rep, that he disappeared. Due to the inconsistency and the low-level onboarding, I decided to cancel and not proceed with the service. Right after I canceled the service, they went into my account and started to withdraw money without my consent! I doubt that any of these reviews are legitimate. I have found the same reviews on different channels, basically plagiarized.

Pros

I didn't like anything once I signed up.

Cons

-ZERO Customer Service -Horrible Onboarding for someone who advocates themselves as an onboarding service -Constant upsell for every single thing in the system, even after I selected the everything from their highest level package there is still cost for even a simple API for your email or Salesforce and much more! -User Interface is extremely outdated -Functionality is exaggerated.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Because it was cheaper from the onset and easier to use until I actually signed up and all the rest of the cost that wasn't disclosed started adding on.

Chris from Push Innovation Live

Forget ADP, Paychex or Ceridian

With Rippling, we spend so much less time fixing problems than we used to with the big payroll providers. The system natively and easily integrates with G Suite, Expensify, health insurance, worker's comp, and a variety of other services. This allows us to focus on building the business rather than payroll and HR.

Pros

This is, by far, the easiest and most intuitive payroll and HR software that I've used. Doing the initial setup took a mere 3 hours compared to literally months of setup time for ADP Workforce Now or Ceridian Dayforce HCM. Rippling does what they say they're going to do and they seem to do it very well. Direct deposits have been making it successfully into accounts so far!!!

Cons

I'm not a big fan of team-based email support, but that's pretty much the only option they provide. While I don't feel they're leading me astray, I also don't feel like they intimately know the needs of my company. I'm also a little concerned about the longevity of a company that is probably running off of venture capital, but it is a risk I am very willing to take to not have the frustration of one of the big payroll companies, who have software that is difficult to use and often screwed up payroll runs.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Pricing, features, and ease-of-use.

Stuart from Beta Bionics

Industry: Medical Devices

Great all in one company admin portal

As stated previously. The all in one location of all my company and employment information is great.

Pros

It has everything in one place. All my personal information/benefits/payroll, etc. On top of that it has a very easy company directory that is actionable for texts and phone calls. The software is also very simple to operate, very clean interface with simple to understand language and icons.

Cons

I have not found any items I have not enjoyed using so far.

Tracilyn from MajorClarity

Smoothest replacement for HR ever

Benefits departments can be trimmed to the barest bone with a functional and useful HR tool like Rippling.

Pros

I recently got married and had to update my tax filing status and a few other personal tidbits. With Rippling, it took less than 5 minutes to get everything figured out; what is more impressive was that the program also included helpful hyperlinks such as the IRS tax estimator that I didn't think to use beforehand since this is my first marriage. My spouse, on the other hand, couldn't update anything without scheduling a "special meeting" with HR/benefits--who happen to sit right behind her since she also works in HR on the recruiting side. She works for an extremely large company, and the processes that clunk up her day for minute updates such as this are extreme, in my opinion. I jokingly told her that she should refer Rippling to her HR department.

Cons

There's honestly little I would change. The platform is customizable for users to an extent. Don't want to have you pay stubs emailed to you? You can update that. As a user, I don't have any complaints.

Caroline from RFG Advisory

Buyer Beware! Empty promises and no support

It has been terrible. Our implementation manager was pretty good but since then the support team is non-responsive (most requests take 48 hours to hear back) and the help center on the site is terrible. There are additional features you can turn on like custom fields but there is no training on how to do this and unless you know what you are looking for, you would never know where to find it.

Pros

Leaving Paychex we were really excited at the prospect of being able to have payroll, HR and benefits all in one place. In all of the demos we did, Rippling seemed slick and we loved all of the "add-on" possibilities.

Cons

We knew changing payroll companies would be a challenge but it really has been one problem after another! We have a mixture of 1099 and W2 employees which they told us they could do but it has been a payroll nightmare! All of the "add-ons" that we saw in the demo are not native to Rippling, they are partners that you can subscribe to and feed into Rippling. They typically only sync names.

Devon from 1859 inc

Industry: Biotechnology

rippling vs. gusto, no contest rippling wins.

would recommend to anyone vs gusto or zenefits(which has awful customer service) - you speak to someone you get an answer vs. other programs which reroute you to someone new who has no idea about your problem.

Pros

customer service is top notch with rapid responses to questions. can link up to other apps very easily which is fantastic.

Cons

would love to incorporate PTO into a team calendar in the site

better customer service

Response from Rippling

Replied July 2019

Hey, thanks for your feedback! You actually can customize and share your PTO into a team calendar. See https://help.rippling.com/pto/calendar/. If you have any questions, just reach out to our support team.

Misty from Gnomon, Inc.

Rippling is Magical

Payroll is much easier and love that it can be automated. The sales team was very polite and informative. The implementation always made sure we were on track and available when we had questions. It is a wonderful system and we are excited to see any improvements in the future.

Pros

This software is so easy to use and you can definitely tell the developers thought about everything. The implementation was effortless and brought our company into 21st century. It has made so many things easier and saved a lot of time for the HR team.

Cons

For our company, it would have been nice if it had a time and attendance platform already built in.

A delightful and easy to use platform

Pros

My job recently switched to Rippling from Gusto, and although I love Gusto, Rippling was a really nice surprise! You get emailed when you're paid, like Gusto, but it tells you the details in the email body moreso. The interface is also super easy to use. I like that there is an "advice of deposit" embedded in the webpage so that you don't have to download a PDF to see the details. It's great to have the crucial details like net pay and pay period upfront. There's also a neat bar that shows how much went to taxes and how much went to you. The drawings are super cute too and lift my mood. Another nice thing is you can easily change your tax status on Rippling, so it feels very integrated.

Cons

I don't love the paystub pdf look. It has a giant "THIS IS NOT A CHECK" watermark, and overall looks a little unprofessional. Makes me a bit nervous when I have to submit paystubs to anyone as proof of income, and I worry they won't believe me. I felt Gusto's PDFs were way more professional and legit.

Molly from 4Creeks, Inc.

Industry: Civil Engineering

HR that is simple, informative and user friendly

Rippling has been a great tool and very useful for our entire company.

Pros

Rippling has made my job significantly easier and less stressful. From customized reports (employee birthdays, t-shirt sizes, PTO reports) to easy hiring that takes less than 5 minutes, Rippling has been a life saver to make sure no HR step is missed. I am new in HR so having a platform that I can use easily and confidently was a game changer.

Cons

We have had some trouble with PTO integration. Transferring medical information from hard copies to Rippling (especially during the renewal period) was a little difficult and made it hard to identify who had a change in their plans. although this will not be a problem in the future now that we have fully transitioned our health insurance tracking through Rippling.

Katherine from Misfits Market

So convenient!

Pros

I liked that it took care of all the on-boarding prior to my start at my new company. It was such a pleasant surprise to come in on my first day and not have to spend the first half of it filling out paperwork to get myself into the system. Furthermore, it was really great to be on payroll from day 1 instead of having that awkward gap in time with no income that is typical in switching careers.

Cons

I wish there were previous documents for health insurance. To clarify further, when electing my health insurance plan, I was given 3 options. After I selected my preferred plan, the other options were no longer visible to me and I wish they were; I am having second thoughts on the plan I chose and would like the information I once had available to me still accessible after my choice.

Response from Rippling

Replied October 2019

Hey there, thanks so much for your feedback. Regarding your health insurance comment, wanted to make sure you're aware that a. if this is Open Enrollment and OE is still open, your Rippling admin can always open it back up for you in product, or you can download Summary of Benefits and come back to make elections before the deadline passes. Reach out to your admin or support@rippling for any questions.

REZA from BEFORE BRANDS

Amazing

The employees benefit plans were all manually set up and entered not automatically as advertised / promised

Pros

Ease of use, User friendly , Great tax engine ,

Cons

Implementation process can be improved,

Best all-in-one solution for small business

Pros

all the different modules that work together: payroll, benefits, RPass, app integrations, connection to 401k

Nicole from Juristat

Excellent Resource for Small Businesses

Absolutely fantastic. Although there are areas for improvement, every time I reach out to Rippling with a request for help or new feature, I always get a positive response. If it's not already in the pipeline for development, they're more than willing to consider for future releases. I cannot recommend this application enough.

Pros

I can manage my payroll, insurance/benefits, onboarding/offboarding, software & hardware deployment all through one interface. The document retention feature is absolutely amazing. Having new hires and current employees digitally sign documents and then store those docs in Rippling is an amazing timesaver and takes a lot of the headache out of tracking down slowpoke reviewers. Payroll in itself is a breeze. We've had to incorporate into multiple states as we acquire more remote employees and Rippling has guides for employer account creation for all 50 (from what I can tell, at least!). Not only that, but it's a single flat monthly fee to run as many payrolls as you need.

Cons

The formatting on the doc builder is a little glitchy and you don't have many fonts to choose from. While the software integration is an amazing feature, it's not always applicable to the accounts our team maintains. Sometimes the SaaS provider will require you to use an Enterprise+ account to take full advantage of the integration... obviously not something Rippling can control, but it's a bummer nonetheless.

Clarence from Blessed Cleaning & Janitorial Services LLC

Industry: Facilities Services

A Must Have

Overall this has been a great program we have yet to start using the payroll yet which we roll out our next payday but everyone was quick in getting us set up friendly and quick to respond.

Pros

So in my office, we use a lot of different programs the best thing about this program is I can now access most of them through this app without having to sign in that's huge for us

Cons

I love everything about it. I would love to see more functionality. Like a communication board for employees, training inside the app etc

Andreas from EVRNU

Industry: Textiles

The new generation of payroll software

Impressive response times during sales cycle and implementation and now post-launch support. We had some hiccups during conversion (as might be expected) that I worried about but Rippling solved the issues quickly.

Pros

I haven't yet implemented all of the features that Rippling provides, but what I like is that this software has the right blend of features, ease of use (or lack of complexity) and price. It also seems like this platform was made "fresh" and wasn't legacy software that's been modified. The conversion was also easy and it made adding a new FSA plan ridiculously easy.

Cons

I don't yet intuitively know where to find everything - but it's a more of a familiarity issue than a software problem.

Rudolf from Platform Science

User / employee suggestions

It's clear that development is in progress, so far impressed by the potential.

Pros

I like that the design direction is focused on usability around the most important / bottom line information we usually come to the service for.

Cons

I wasn't sure what RPass was, didn't know what I was giving up my password for which is a strange feeling. Once in there, I attempted to sign into Greenhouse, but there was a SAML error displayed as JSON. As a user, it's not great to come across such poor user experience when you handle our critical information for us. Also, I couldn't search by job title in the directory on mobile, was was frustrating.

Response from Rippling

Replied February 2020

Hey Rudolf, Thanks so much for your feedback, much appreciated. We apologize for your inconvenience around RPass, and want to reiterate that your data is secure. If you have questions, reach out to support@rippling.com

Ian from Giving Assistant

Great Management tool

It's been great! Makes my life easier knowing i can view my benefits and payroll info in such an in such a simple yet effective manner. Will likely recommend this software to future employers if they aren't currently using it.

Pros

Just a great way to organize all of my health benefits and payments. I've never had a piece of software consolidate all of those things in one place thats presented in such a simple way.

Cons

Really don't have any gripes with the software from i've used it

Leah from CityBldr

Rippling - Gamechanger

Pros

We are a small startup who scales fast and when we made the switch to Rippling, everything became so easy! We were able to move from several different vendors to just this one, for so many things that we need to operate. It's probably the best tool I use on a regular basis in my position at the company.

Cons

I wish there was a phone number to call for support as an option.

Sana from Qventus

One-stop-shop for all your People needs

Pros

I love that we don't have to create accounts in multiple systems. Using Rippling, we can create one account, and allow the app to take care of the rest. This frees us up to do more meaningful things with our time, and reduces the administrative burden for onboarding and exits.

Cons

I wish there were more HRIS features (e.g. individualized signature capability, ability to append time-stamped notes to personnel files). I'm loving the new Employee Home beta feature for sure. More like this stuff, please!

Response from Rippling

Replied September 2019

Hey there! Thanks for your feedback, we're constantly making improvements so look out for new features!

Starling from Citiesense

Great for anyone who needs to hire

Using it to start the HR process for our startup. It helped us setup our hiring process. A great experience so far.

Pros

It makes hiring incredibly simple, particularly for founders new to the HR process.

Reasons for Choosing Rippling

Easy to adopt. Very accessible and scales with our needs.

Firas from Beta Bionics

Industry: Biotechnology

Intuitive and easy to use

My interactions on this site are always efficient and effective, and that's consistently the case as I use it about once a week. The system design and organization has a good feel and makes one's life easier in managing very important aspects. It's a role model.

Pros

A "one-stop" shop for all my needs, including paystub view, adjusting federal & state withholding, viewing/activating other benefits. Intuitive to use, well organized, and easy to use. Also with a state-of-the-art very secure login process that is simultaneously not complicated or time consuming.

Cons

I can't find or think of any cons of any significance, and that's spectacular to say about anything.

Gabby from BacklotCars

Easy to find everything I need!

I like that any time I want to change my direct deposit info, view my paycheck stubs, change emergency contact information, or basically anything else, it's all right there.

Pros

Cons

Wishing there was a link for my insurance stuff in Rippling instead of having to google search or pull it up separately every time.

Vincent from McCue Corporation

Industry: Business Supplies and Equipment

Rippling is a game changer

Pros

Rippling was obviously designed to solve issues faced by HR / Payroll departments. Everything is integrated and easy to set up. We had no real HR system and were using ADP for payroll. We implemented Rippling and switched over in a few weeks and had no issues at all. We implemented the PTO feature since we were tracking it manually and now have an easy way to approve and track time off. We also ran our open enrollment through the platform and employees found it really easy to use compared to other tools we used in the past. the team at Rippling has been really cooperative and responsive and now we are looking at all the ways to expand the tool internally to track compliance, improve time tracking and hook up other apps.

Cons

No real issues so far! It has truly been a good experience so far.

Bree from Flowspace

Industry: Logistics and Supply Chain

Rippling for Growing Business

Pros

I love how easy it is to onboard new employees with Rippling and the rental program for laptops and other hardware.

Cons

I would like some kind of timekeeping functionality, which is what we liked most about the last software we were using.

Response from Rippling

Replied August 2019

Hi Bree, Thanks for your feedback! Wanted to let you know we integrate with the best time-tracking applications out there, so you can use the best platform and the best services. Contact support@rippling.com if you have any questions

Harold from Bandwagon

Finally...payroll and employee management, simplified

Pros

The easiest part about this software is how it has streamlined our onboarding process for new team members. Now we can go from the hiring process to onboarding to day 1 in a few clicks. That takes a lot off of my plate and gives me time back.

Cons

I think the biggest challenge is understanding all that it can do and figuring out what makes sense to aggregate into the system. For example, they have a password management tool but we already pay for Dashlane so we had to decide if we were going to keep Dashlane or switch to them (which would be slightly cheaper). We ultimately stayed with Dashlane but I think that the more of these features that can be used on the platform, the better. The downside is just figuring out which ones to add in.

The price was better.

Keith from Causal Design

Industry: Public Policy

Fantastic Small Business Solution

Pros

Automation! We were looking for a payroll solution, but this provided a complete staff/HR solution for our team. In addition to streamlining our payments to staff and consultants, it has simplified on-boarding, internal compliance concerns, and managing software licenses across the team.

Cons

Onboarding the solution takes a bit of time - but completely worth it!

Software provisioning/management.

Cody from Packback

Why am I so excited about something so traditionally boring?

Everything is great. I hope we don't move away from Rippling any time soon.

Pros

It's a clean and intuitive platform living in a world of where everything is on fire. Most platforms I've used have taken me weeks or months to finally figure out something as simple as requesting time off. I was annoyed and upset when I found out we would have a new payroll, time off, and hr platform because I knew that it was going to be just another awful task to complete just so I can get paid again. Boy was I wrong. I blocked and hour off on my calendar but it took me all of five minutes to get everything set up. It's set up in a way that the rest of your devices are and is easy to navigate.

Cons

Somehow there is nothing that I've found to bother me or to improve.

Rachel from The Meat Hook

Rippling has been so helpful!

Pros

I love all the integrations that come with Rippling. I also really loved our integration manager who helped us throughout the entire set up process. He was really easy to get in touch with and always there when we needed it.

Cons

Some of the UI of the software feels a bit outdated, and it's not always that easy to go from one section of the site to another.

clara from Zeus Living

easiest HR system ever!

We use Rippling for payroll, benefits, and insurance. Enrolling in insurance has never been easier for anyone at our company, and requesting/viewing things like PTO or pay stubs is the simplest process.

Pros

rippling's dashboard is so easy to use - the best UX of any payroll + benefits software i've ever used! everything is so straightforward and simplified, there isn't any "small print" misleading you or sending you down rabbit holes of information you don't need or want, and the visuals of the dashboard couldn't be more user-friendly.

Cons

can't figure out how to see my direct report's requests for PTO/sick days on my dashboard - can only use a link sent to me via email

Response from Rippling

Replied October 2019

Hey there, thanks for your feedback. Regarding your question, you can navigate to the PTO app and click the 'Manage' table to review direct reports pending and processed time-off requests. Overview tab includes their balances. Reach out to support@rippling.com if you have any additional questions.