• Pros

• "I like the configurability and the many different options available, the ability to customize the look of the home page, and the power of the reporting"

• "I really like this online education platform. It has great flexibility in the platform in terms of customization. it's good"

• "We use several of the modules, so it's nice to have a one-stop-shop system for Learning, Performance, Goals, Social, Workspaces, etc... "

• Cons

• "Saba can be a little overwhelming until you settle into the functions you actually use, reporting is powerful but can be alot to figure out"

• "Saba meeting playback, cannot coordinate voice and visual together, customer support speaks to much of a technical language. They need to be more user friendly and speak a customer's language."

• "Sometimes the software glitches when using in Internet Explorer, so for whatever reason, I will have to open it with Google Chrome to get it to work, which isn't a major issue. No other complaints."

Browse Saba TalentLink Reviews

Russell from American Savings Bank

Halogen is a little complex, but quite powerful.

Halogen is great product but also has great customer service. I was never on hold for very long and called them often. They do not have an automated phone service. You just call the support line and you'll be talking to a real person in just a few minutes.

Pros

Halogen's 'comment helper' function is easily the best and most innovative feature. The comment helper makes it really easy for managers to add specific comments to their direct reports without having to come up with comments from scratch. For example, if you have a 5 point scale, manager's simply drag the slider from a level 5 comment (ie. He/she is always courteous and respectful with customers) to a level one comment (ie. He/she is rarely courteous and respectful with customers). It takes a little bit to setup, but you don't have to write them. Admins can just download the comment helpers directly from Halogen and train managers on how to use them. Halogen also has a multi-rater and a third-party rater function. This is quite nice for larger organizations. A multi-rater function gives managers the ability to combine/average out the ratings from multiple managers. The third-parter rater gives the manager the ability to forward the appraisal to another manager entirely.

Cons

Halogen is not intuitive. It's unlike any other software I've come across, so the back end might be confusing if you try and learn it on your own with no training. For example, administrators might be confused by the fact that there are two locations sets of user information; one called the 'user center' and the other set inside each 'appraisal process'. The user center information holds user demographic information while the appraisal process set contains user performance information.

MEHMET from Ford Otomotiv San AS

Learning Solution Provided at Cloud

Simple and lean cloud system for learning solutions and easy to use. I love that as for a newcomer to company such solutions is very important and explaining SABA to a newcomer is very easy.

Pros

We are using SABA CLOUD as learning solution for online learning classes and webinars. In terms of that, SABA is very precise and lean.I have never experienced a problem.

Cons

I'm not sure if it is really required but some features to make learning activities more interactive might be useful. There are lots of new learning websites, especially for data science products which are very interactive.

nancy from gst

Like a bad dream

I am disappointed in SABA. They have added an unneccessary burden to my work life and I resent it.

Pros

Less paper in my office - mobile platform. Some groups like being able to send kudos to each other in a public forum. If it worked, it would be great. Theoretically employees and managers would have access to prior years docs. For a small company of 200 people, with a tiny HR department, the ADMIN burden of this product outweighs any benefit.

Cons

The product is counterintuitive, difficult to maneuver thru, inefficient, and offers no immediate online training/support. If an employee fails to hit complete on their input or hits complete too soon, it affects the Managers ability to see the input. If a Manager fails to log in and hit the complete button after the final review mtg, then the review won't be available for viewing in next year. This is emblematic of multiple faults with the software. At review time, I become a Full Time Software Support rep trying to handling all employee inquiries relating to Saba's many limitations. I do NOT have time for this additional FT job! There is no reason this software should be so difficult to use. The fact that Training is extra adds insult to injury. It should not be an annual add-on. This is expensive software. Saba should offer a FREE generic training and offer a buy-up for customers wanting something Customized. Saba nickel and dimes customers to death. for the ridiculous price we pay, I do not think we get our money's worth.

Krishnamurthy from TCS

Very helpful for learners as well as managers

The usability of this software is very amazing, be it from the learner's point of view or manager's point of view

Pros

- I like the user interface which is so friendly, I can track my mandatory courses and the courses assigned to me in home page - Also it lets me know the courses whose due dates are nearing and I need to retake the courses - As a manager I can create a course completion report query for employees and schedule it to be sent as an email

Cons

I cannot think about any drawbacks of this tool. It is an amazing Learning management tool. It would have been great if I was able to connect my excel to Saba database.

Tomas from Dell EMC

The paradise to take trainings

now all the departments have his training in one place, making easy for everyone

Pros

The trainings are so organized that you only need time to search and select the courses do you want to complete.

Cons

Some training requires Flash, and right now that's an outdated plugin and unsupported for some web browsers

Saba LMS

Made it easy for us to post our eLearning, organize and manage classroom training, and provide reporting.

Vedat Hakan from Ford Otosan

Review about Saba Cloud

For big companies, it is a good idea to use saba cloud for the personal trainings

Pros

Users can access to tool from their computers and mobile phones. Track your trainings and continue from where you left

Cons

To many clicks and it can be annoying. The interface is not user friendly enough, especially mobile application.

Jason from The Co-operators

Our Saba Cloud Experience

This past June we completed our migration from Saba SEC 5.5 to Saba Cloud. The upgrade process itself was lengthy and at times a bit challenging, but in the end was a success and well worth it. The migration took close to a year (from initial meetings to launch day), and because we were on such an old version of SEC which included customized reports, we found it a challenge to build new processes and functionality to accommodate existing business requirements, given that Saba Cloud doesn't allow for customizations. In the end we chose to export the required data elements using Analytics, and build a separate external system to manage the data. Saba cloud itself was well received by our internal stakeholders and end users. The interface is much more intuitive and we didn't have much resistance or confusion with our staff in using the new system. Also finally being able to properly integrate Single Sign on has been wonderful.

Pros

Analytics tool is fantastic and much improved over our previous SEC 55 reporting system! We heavily depend on it to run daily reporting and to export large chunks of data to an offsite system and it has been running quite smoothly. Single Sign on (finally) Is a big plus. For our people administrators the "Proxy user" from people admin has been invaluable for troubleshooting. The interface as a whole is a big improvement and has been well received by our clients.

Cons

Coming from SEC 5.5. some things still appear to be the same, and still seem too confusing or clunky: - Notification system is incredibly flexible, but very confusing to use and extremely time consuming to make changes to. Especially when trying to manage two different locals (EN UK and French Canadian) - especially when these locals are not EN US. - Completed Courses page: the "Load More" at the bottom of the page is confusing. Even if "Show all" has been selected, the learner still needs to click "Load More" to view other transcripts. Also sorting this list is very limited. Our users have a large collection of courses and had heavily used the sorting features of this page in SEC 5.5

Kathy from O'Sullivan Creel, LLP

Halogen Software - The Solution for Talent Management

I guess you can tell that I am a very satisifed customer. It's rare to feel like a vendor relationship really serves as part of your team, but the relationship with Halogen Software strengthens with time. I am confident that their team will remain on the cutting edge of Talent Management, providing us with innovative solutions and exceptional customer service.

Pros

We originally purchased a tool, but Halogen E-Appraisal has become a significant part of our culture. The product is fully customizable to meet the ever changing needs of our firm. It has provided consistency and accountability throughout our organization. Halogen's team listens to their clients, making our success their primary goal. Their customer support is superb and we continue to be amazed with the quality of each enhancement they roll out. Originally viewed as an expense, our first year of implementation resulted in efficiencies of nearly 400 hours when measured against our prior paper process. We now accomplish a higher quality of talent management with less time spent on administering the process. Our employees view the previously dreaded appraisal process as an "investment" in their career and individual personal development plans ensure that each and every member of our team will receive the training and development necessary to accomplish their career goals.

Cons

As a new user in 2004, there were limitations in the product based on the methodology our firm used for performance management. Since that time, the product has met and surpassed my expectations, causing our leadership to stretch ourselves in this area. We have more clear metrics and competencies for each role within the firm and the reporting tools allow us to see progress at all times. We also needed the ability to have multiple roles for each employee and the recent addition of the "coach" will accomplish our objectives in this area. Our firm has historically utilized a full 360 process and originally Halogen did not support the ability to conduct such a process anomymously. We recently completed our annual process, using Halogen's multi-rater tool for the first time and we were extremely pleased with the ease of use and end result of the process. I am sure there will be other issues as we continue to evolve, but we are completely satisfied with Halogen.

Leeann from Assiniboine Credit Union

September 2009

Ease of use, functions, and support

I have been used as a referral and have spoken to or emailed comments (answered questions) to 10 or more credit unions both in canada and te USA. I like the product and I am pleased to answer questions based on my good experience with Halogen.

Pros

The system is smart and easy to use both for the end user and the administrators The functions are intiuitive, fast and simple. The features provide most of what we need from ease of creating groups, to uploading data, to reports. The service (support desk) is amazing - one of the best vendors I have ever dealt with: knowledgeable, helpful and efficient - calls are answered quickly and the two times I choose to leave a call back number the call back was within an acceptable period of time. When we upgraded (we host our site) the Business Systems manager commented on the amazing support he received 'we could only hope that we provide this kind of service to our members'. The installation consultant was organized, knowledgeable and asked questions to ensure she understood our needs. The trainer was knowledgeable and very accommodating to our needs.

Cons

We are having difficulty with one division's acceptance of the form and system. Prior to this system they used a Word doc and want to keep the look and feel of a word doc. They want to keep the feature of inputting the objectives, then using the same form for the Interim review & comments and then use the same form for the Final review & comments. They see what was input prior, and make any necessary edits/additions to objectives easily. The one problem we are facing is that we have a process for the beginning of the year - Objective Setting Process. That process has a start and end date of about 3 months. When we hire or someone changes position they need new objectives. We set up a process for those people, however we have learned that when populating data from one process to another (such as from the objective setting process to a review process data can only be pulled from one process, and we have two processes. And some want more than 3000 characters per text box.

The best talent management suite available to manage and document performance.

All around performance managment and the bonus of job descriptions.

Pros

Their talent management suite is the best I have seen anywhere. Not only it is comprehensive but it is easy to use and to administrate. Whenever you can't figure something out the support team is out of this world and will do what it takes to assist you in the mean time give you a work around if needed. The system is also easy to customize to design and complete other processes that reduce the use of paper and improve efficiency. I am thinking of things monthly to add to Halogen to streamline our HR processes. Anything related to performance they have thought of it all. If not, I guarantee you they are working on in to launch in a new version.

Cons

The way the licenses are structured it can be expensive if you have a high turnover. Licenses are not replaceable. The other thing is that you do get a discount to add some other products to your talent management suite, but some of them can be kind of pricey.

Cori from Lake Michigan Credit Union

Changed Performance Management Forever!

Our company was looking to completely change our date performance management process. No more yearly reviews, but monthly conversations between managers and employees, and quarterly performance appraisals using Cultural, Leadership, and Technical competencies. Saba was the system that we found to help us accomplish our goals. The system has been wonderful since implementation. All of the learning tools that we use are housed in Saba. It also interfaces with our HRIS System, Kronos Workforce Management, to have up-to-date employee information (reporting structure, etc.), as well as photos - which has been really helpful. The Org Charts that Saba has created for us are beautiful, and help managers to easily track employee movement. Working in the financial industry, many of our employees require various certifications, and Saba allows us to track their progress, expiration dates, and recertification credits. The Virtual Classrooms are a fantastic tool that allows us to complete training at our satellite campuses all over the US, and the Social Collaboration aspect helps our company remain inclusive.

Pros

- Detailed Analytics reporting - Ease of use - Social Collaboration (learners can chat with each other, post discussions, hold virtual meetings) - Gamification - Custom Badges have been really popular at our company - employees WANT to learn to earn badges

Cons

When implementing Saba, we had been clear about the functionality we needed from the first meeting. Everything that we needed had been discussed and included in pricing quotes. Once we received the final contract, there was a fairly large discrepancy, as a feature we needed had not been included in the price quote. This delayed implementation, but was eventually resolved through our account manager. Overall, we have been extremely pleased with this product.

January 2016

Sandra from EMJ Corporation

January 2016

Great Support for New Administrators

We use the eAppraisal and 360 modules of TalentSpace to execute our annual reviews. We can roll out events in phases with separate due dates, including profile updates, self-appraisals, peer appraisals (called multi-raters), manager reviews, manager-employee meetings, and final reviews of appraisal meeting notes. When tasks are overdue, daily email notifications ' to employees and their managers ' go out to stress the urgency of the process. Any product that offers so much flexibility in the way features are delivered will have a complex back-end for administrators. Before an evaluation process begins, all settings must be just the way you want them ' changes made after the process begins could lead to problems for the rest of the process. After inheriting performance review duties earlier this year, I ran my first process (283 participants) and had to close a process the same day I opened it because of a mistake I made. Oops! This brings me to what I consider to be Halogen's best feature: their support team. Being a new administrator, I had LOTS of questions as we prepared to begin our evaluations, and panicked a bit when I realized I'd opened the process with an error that affected a dozen employees. The support team walked me through the steps to get the mistake fixed so we could get back on track, and they fielded my questions (sometimes multiple times per day!) until our process was complete several months later. Halogen has a robust product with lots of features, especially if you use more of their modules like Succession and Learning in conjunction with the Appraisal products. The only downside of big ships is that they take a little longer to turn than small ones. So you may see product features or UI's in newer-to-the-market companies that aren't available in Halogen yet. If you decide to contact Halogen to learn more, have a list of what you need your solution to be able to do. Halogen works hard to understand the needs of your organization to make sure their product is a good fit. When you speak with Sales and set up a sandbox to play in, Halogen's software wizards will show you exactly how your ideas could look in their platform, or explain what alternatives might be available.

Dee from Manatee County Sheriff's Office

Industry: Law Enforcement

An easy new updated software that replaced a very outdated Performance Management program.

It has encouraged employees to do better do to the fact that others can recognize them for their efforts. I have heard employees comment on how good it felt to receive feedback. You can really see a change in their work habits.

Pros

The ability for anyone to leave feedback for any employee no matter if they are a supervisor or a line employee. Due to the fact that others can recognize you for great service, it gives supervision a better picture of what kind of employee they have. It really does open the door for better communication between supervision and staff.

Cons

Our agency ran into some issues where there are multiple supervisors per team, and all should have the ability to leave supervisor notes, feedback, etc. for each employee and initially were unable to do so. With the addition of secondary supervisors, we were able to solve that problem, but it did take some time and assistance from customer support.

Ali from FHG Business Group

Halogen is the Best Deal!

We are a diversified business group with interests in sectors ranging from Hospitality to IT to FMCG and a host of other business lines in between. Our management wanted to implement a holistic Performance Management System which could cater to the unique needs of each BU we have. After scanning and evaluating dozens of HR Softwares/ Service Providers we came across Halogen TalentSpace and wow - what a discovery it was. The best product, the best features, seamless functionality, excellent customization options and good value for money. We haven't looked back since. And we are confident you wouldn't look any further either. Try Halogen, you would be glad you did!

Pros

Everything is great!

Koby from Covenant Health

Saba provides a comprehensive product that just works right out of the box.

Pros

Easy to use. Advanced features and excellent functionality. Looks good with little required configuration. Consistent upgrade cycle has produced many excellent new features and regular fixes and updates. The organization is very responsive to customer requests and suggestions.

Cons

Because the product is comprehensively designed, there are some limitations to customization. Features like notifications and page layout are primarily static. However, the design is of high quality and usability.

DANIELLE from BROWN & BROWN, INC

Terrific Value and Great Support

This is the initial LMS implementation for our company. We are now able to launch and track learning to over 8000 employees in a de-centralized organization and with an easy and convenient cloud-based platform that the learners like as much as administrators.

Pros

Saba's technical team has been very responsive and implemented many suggestions for design improvements made by our team. The overall design is easy to use and manage for both elearning and instructor led courses. Learners like the website style interface for browsing and completing courses.

Cons

Until customized the layout may have extra buttons / features that even ADMINS don't need to see. Can be cluttered until these options are removed.

Julie Ann from Mead Johnson Nutrition

The application is easy to use for learners and learning administrators managing training.

Able to manage training through the organization.

Pros

- Easy to use for learning administrators who add content, create courses/classes, and monitor completions. - Able to use globally including language availability. -

Cons

- Support is slow to respond on some issues. - Takes a long time for enhancements to get implemented. Process seems disjointed. - Release notes could be better formatted to make it easier to identify configuration items and items that require a support ticket to enable.

Molly from Seibels

Good, but not great for companies on an anniversary date review cycle.

I would definitely recommend to those companies that are on a focal review date. It is nice to have all reviews stored in one place electronically and to be able to see where managers are in evaluating their staff.

Pros

I like the process of streamlining our performance evaluations, having them stored electronically, and being able to see where managers are in completing reviews for their staff.

Cons

I think that Halogen doesn't work great for companies who review on the anniversary date as opposed to focal.

Sean from Meridian

Great service and base product fits out needs very well. Has some features missing

Pros

The features I like most about this software is that it fits our business requirements for performance management pretty well. Forms allow for customization and are somewhat easy to manipulate and make small changes. I like the option to "Copy" previous processes forward, which is a quick way to cut off some steps for setting up. I've also typically had a really good experience with support at Halogen. They're quick to respond and escalate any issues.

Cons

There are some features that seem intuitive that are lacking in Halogen. For example, there's a field to assign an HR Rep to each employee, but this field doesn't drive anything forward. There's also some capabilities missing that allow a manager to reverse the process back to an employee. I am constantly being called to do it from the admin back-end. It's very easy but with so much of my time devoted to non-Halogen items, it's just a bit of a time robber.

Andrew from Bose Corporation

We use Saba to deploy training content and manage session administration and analytics globally.

Pros

The user experience continues to improve exponentially with each update and meets the expectation of a current "Web Experience" from our users. Easy to navigate, intuitive to use and effective at meeting the needs of our many different training functions - win, win!

Cons

I would like to stronger development in the mobile platform that focuses on core learning, rather than social interaction.

Dave from Armstrong Fluid Technology

Powerful learning tool

Distance learning, automation and reporting

Pros

Flexibility and customization. Widely recognized as leader of learning management system. It is like getting a BMW, you would never go wrong.

Dawn from Road Runner Sports

End user experience is awesome. Admin experience is a little clunky.

Pros

Cons

Customer support always leave me wanting more. I used to have an dedicated account manager and he was very nice and helpful, but was not an end user of the product so he was no help with technical or 'how-to' questions.

Halogen Performance is a way to create or enhance a feedback culture in your organization.

Pros

By utilizing the various modules within Halogen you eliminate paper. In today's day as well you connect easier with your younger employees.

Cons

There are always improvements that can be made. But what is great about this company is they listen to their clients and are constantly updating/upgrading based on suggestions from us.

Bill from Harvard University

The product has met our expectations - and with each new release it improves

Allows Harvard to move all non-academic learning onto a single platform. Includes professional development, compliance (Environmental Health & Safety), research compliance, and application training.

Pros

Easy of use, broad functionality to support formal WBT and classroom learning as well as informal learning with its social groups and just - in - time training documentation

Cons

As a cloud customer - you always can't get what you want. You are one of many clients that are requesting enhancements that may or may not get considered.

Jen from PC

My company uses Halogen for all things relating to employee performance and growth

Pros

The ability to customize processes and forms to do exactly what you need them to do has been great. We're able to direct employees to one place for performance reviews, goal setting, policy sign offs, compensation increases (if they're managers), etc. This keeps us from having to train employees on multiple systems and gives them the ability to self direct to the things they need.

Cons

The administration side of the learning module is clunky and outdated. They done great updates over the past year to make the user side of the software look sleek and current. I hope they will update the back end soon!

Bonnie from First Business

Halogen has been an incredible partner from implementation to ongoing support.

Pros

The functionality of the software is incredible. It has been easy to implement and use for our managers and employees. It has transformed our organization's philosophy and execution of 1:1's, goal setting, performance processes and learning.

Cons

Setting up processes on the admin side isn't terribly intuitive. Most modules are customizable, but a few areas are not and I really wish they were. (Development Plans in particular).

Corey from Best Buddies International

Industry: Philanthropy

Staff really likes Saba

Our staff really likes Saba which is a great first step since moving from our old LMS. The UI is accessible and the system, per the staff, is very intuitive. We use the meeting app quite a bit and feel it gives team leaders a great way to start building their training. In the next two quarters we will be move beyond the original learning module and are optimistic that the performance module will solicit the same positive results.

Pros

Easy to use. Easy for learners. The meeting app gives all staff a wonderful tool to use. Tech support has been very quick and attentive. The training consultant and tech support from Saba that I used to go live were terrific.

Cons

I am an admin team of one and there are not enough hours in the day to explore Saba. I think the notifications can be complicated and, in many cases, are system-wide. Also, there is no way to send a test to yourself to see what they look like.

Christie from National Seating & Mobility

Saba Implementation

We have been configuring the system for almost three months and our soft launch is scheduled for next week. So far, I love the intuitive nature of the system and the endless capabilities. We reviewed 20-25 systems before we narrowed it down to three. Then Saba won out due to the analytics and robust configurations.

Pros

Intuitive, robust, good user interface, configurable, endless capabilities. Forgo live, we have narrowed down what our learners will see. Once everyone is comfortable and we have worked out the kinks, we are going to turn on the social collaboration features of the system.

Cons

But the endless capabilities can also be a caveat since I do not know what I do not know.

We use this for our entire communication within the organization and our Board.

Having a central location with lots of functions to get instant access to information.

Pros

Ability to manage many subgroups of the organization (e.g., Board of Directors, Vice Presidents, general staff, etc.). Easy to navigate teams within the organization. Great platform to have all general information in one central location for all staff members to be able to access instantaneously.

Cons

Depending on admin. settings, some functionality not available but this is due to the admin and not really the software. Sometimes training video do not load properly, but might be browser compatibility.

Lisa from Olin Corp

Industry: Chemicals

Very User friendly

Pros

The ability to configure to our needs without always having to utilize a technical expert or programmer.

Cons

At times the developers make updates and do not fully inform the user community. This is improving, however!

August 2014

Brian from IPM

August 2014

Highly Flexible and Robust

Pros

The Saba application is a full suite solution and gracefully manages and integrates objects. Where many systems provide one or two methods of managing an activity, the breadth/depth of the Saba table structure provides more. Finding a way to manage or nest objects is easy. Support is very solid, if sometimes pricy. At least you get what you pay for.

Cons

Built from the ground up as an LMS/LCMS, it is very strong in that arena. It can get a little counterintuitive with the more recent functionality. Saba provides a well-thought-out approach, but frequently includes additional capability that the industry is not yet ready for. (They pursue the vision.) Expect to have unused functionality that may be moot by the time your organization matures to managing the capability they provide.

Jose from Ciexpro

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Satisfactory Learning platform

Pros

The Integrity of features, the easely of use, the engagement of user interface, cross funtions througth one simple access

Cons

Search engine aren't so efficient as expected. The record of advance sometimes shows more or less than you do

Angela from COUNTRY Financial

Glitches but strong support available

We just recently implemented Saba Cloud, so we're still ironing out some difficulties. Overall, I find the product fairly intuitive and usable. We're still having issues getting several of our online courses to work correctly, but I think setting up new courses is easy and adaptable. There are a lot of great features available in the product that we aren't currently using, which gives us a lot of room to grow into the product.

Pros

A lot of nice features. I like the flexibility of things like skills, tasks, etc. I think setting up an instructor-led course is very easy. The Saba team we worked with on the implementation was great. The Saba Community is helpful and active.

Cons

We've just experienced a lot of glitches with our online courses so far. Many of them are somewhat sporadic (only a few users not marking complete...for no good reason)

Halogen TalentSpace Review

Overall, Halogen TalentSpace is a great for documenting performance reviews and real time feedback and it's nice that it can be customized based on a company's requirements. Would recommend.

Pros

Halogen TalentSpace is great because my company was able to configure the performance review template to our own framework. We are able to fill out evaluations by rating team members on various core competencies and then provide commentary to explain the ratings. I also really like the feedback feature within Halogen TalentSpace, as it allows quick feedback to be shared with anyone at the company even if they are not a direct report.

Cons

The 1 on 1 meeting agenda points are automatically populated with feedback notes which makes it cluttered. It would be better for these to only be entered by the reviewer/reviewee to drive the 1 on 1 meeting and if the feedback notes are relevant, then the reviewer/reviewee could choose to add if they wanted.

February 2016

Zoe from Kilmarnock Enterprise

February 2016

Great Support, Ease of Use

We are currently implementing Halogen, and having been used to pen-and-paper, so it is a lot to get used to. The platform, depending on which package you have purchased, allows you to navigate around the site and set up many different forms for whatever you are using the software for. For our organization, we needed a place to keep track of employee reviews. Halogen is helping supervisors and managers keep track of employee progress and evaluations so when it comes time for reviews, the task is not overwhelming. One-on-one meetings that occur more frequently throughout the year is our main goal, rather than having one cumulative review at year's end, and so far, Halogen is helping us to create the environment to achieve this. The reps do a wonderful job explaining the software, its capabilities, and how to use the system the way *you* want to. They even help you create forms for your specific needs, and are very good to answer any questions you may have. So far, customer service is wonderful. The platform itself does seem a bit Windows '98-ish, but serves its purpose. Overall, for a medium-large size company that needs some help with talent management, Halogen is a great system.

Patricia from Rescue Social Change Group

Saba Review

Our company uses Saba as a part of our training and development program. Saba is where we house our new hire orientation, training and presentation videos, and completing the performance review process each year. I rated three stars for ease of use simply because it takes multiple steps to set up a course on the platform. I find it difficult that you have to add content here, manage the class there, edit the course content somewhere else, etc. If this was all done as one feature it would make it a lot easier for client users on the back-end. Being able to delete a class is also a difficult step.

Pros

Many features we can use - upload training videos, performance reviews, tracking who has completed certain classes by building reports.

Cons

Cannot upload videos onto the platform itself - must use an outside source to house the video like YouTube or SCORM and then upload it within the Saba. Sometimes if the video file is too large it takes a long time for the video to play within the platform. Being able to create a new class and delete old classes - I don't understand why we can't delete certain classes or content or courses because there are certain subscribers but if the content is old and I choose not for those subscribers to see it, why don't I have the power to delete it?

Mary from EY

Saba Learning Management System

I implemented the Saba LMS for a large multi-national organization. The tool has deep administration capabilities for complex organizations, can house almost 30 languages for navigation, allows for multi-level curriculums, and provides several options for content delivery including the virtual classroom. The development team works to stay current on trends in the industry and to incorporate into the tool as makes sense. The underlying code is fairly organic with the cloud version being close to 100% organic making integrations easier to develop and implement. The user interface can be customized and simplified to meet varying audiences. Prescriptive rules, business rules, and auto enrollments ease the transactional tasks for administrators.

Pros

The product can be offered on different technical infrastructures. The depth of administrative capabilities. Proven global deployments.

Cons

The assessment tool is minimal; user interface has improved with the cloud but needs to continue to evolve for ease of use.

Powerful tool for global companies

Pros

The compensation module allows HR professionals to design, model and implement both short- and long-term incentive plans for a global population. No IT expertise is needed, the tool is extremely straightforward to configure and modify.

Cons

sometimes the developers do not communicate changes in a timely manner. this can cause issues and create rework. the feedback has been given and hopefully has been addressed.

Michael from Cummins Mid-South, LLC

Halogen Softaware Fills Talent Management Gap

For our size and structure of company, this has been a perfect fit. For anyone looking at vendors for talent management, I would recommend Halogen as one of your considerations. In most cases, it may be the overall solution you are looking for. We are now looking to integrate the eLMS module along with appraisal, compensation and succession planning modules.

Pros

Halogen Software provides a product with excellent web based end user interface. Their talent management functions are well integrated to the perfomance appraisal module. We found the suite to be reasonably priced for the product offering. We also experienced outstanding customer support before and after implementation of the different modules. The software provides effective tools for building appraisals and succession plans within the modules - practical tools that managers can use. It provided levels of transparency and reporting in performance and compensation management that we never enjoyed prior to the conversion.

Cons

Overall no real issues to date.

Joy from Dell Services

SABA is average

My review title says it all. I've been in Learning & Development for over 20 years and used multiple LMS systems. SABA has the features found in most LMSs. The issue for me is they focus on selling into mega-sized global companies but their implementation and support processes are sized for small-to-medium sized companies.

Pros

Full featured.

Cons

Implementation was handled poorly, lots of features were not turned on and there was very little ongoing support. It may have been my company who didn't want to pay for the support but it resulted in SABA becoming a dirty word around our organization. SABA should find a better business model if they want good reviews.

Stephanie from National Louis University

Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Can't wait to get started

Pros

Very happy with the process and solution thus far. We're currently reviewing the system as our LMS. We already use the Performance Management module and are seeing great results and interaction. Using Saba for all of the talent management process will make it a very seamless process for applicants to employees to development and career growth. Looking forward to getting started.

Cons

I have not found a real con in the system at this time. We're fairly new to the system and my only con is during the implementation I wish I would have been directed to do the Executive Review a little differently. That review was not well received.

Laurelle from SCI

Halogen is a great system that is easy to use and fulfills our needs

It is easy to use, onboarding is great and the feedback piece is the best

Pros

I love the feedback and performance coaching features. They are easy to use and for the user to understand.

Cons

Sometimes, there are so many steps to do one thing! I know this is common is these types of systems so I don't look at it as necessarily a negative!

Devashish from VMware Inc.

SABA Cloud is a necessary Evil

Earlier we had the internal Learning Management System which had become unmanageable and didn't had superior features; but with Saba Cloud (SaaS) application the enterprise need not worry about maintenance and downtime.

Pros

1.)Supports multiple Training Types like Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT), Instructor Led Training (ILT), Self -Paced Training etc. 2.)Support Multiple Contents like Adobe Content, SCROM, URL, WebEx Recordings, MP4 etc. Though SCROM is best. 3.) Multiple ways to create assessments varying from Paragraph questions to MCQ with single select and multi-correct along with weight-age scoring for each correct option, pre and post class surveys. 4.) Functionality to add keywords & Tags to each course to enhance ease of search for users 5.) RDI (Rapid Data Import) to bulk update or import data like marking user attendance, course creation, user registration etc. 6.)Prescriptive Rules (PR) to auto enroll new employees to Mandatory Compliance and New Joiners Induction Training

Cons

1.) Performance of TIM (The Intelligent Mentor), the course recommender system is bad. 2.)Not much APIs are available for integration unlike we have for Salesforce (CRM) 3.)Lacks ability for administrators to Customize some inline CSS and HTML works to customize the Course Header and Description etc. 4.) Lacks Good Dashboards for Management Reporting 5.) Poor Customer Support

Rebecca from Birkman

Very disappointed.

It is an LMS, so we are able to host courses on it.

Pros

It has a lot of functionalities and uses that we were really excited to use at our company. You can create learning paths, job title paths, and other powerful tools like that.

Cons

Where do I begin? The software was completely un-intuitive and lacked BASIC functionalities that should exist for an LMS. Rep's support team (outsourced from India, seems like) did not know as much as our IT guy knew about it who had been on the job for 3 months. We had very low adoption because of it being clunky and not user-friendly, and not very customize-able. Do not even do an RFP on this because the sales team is AMAZING and will dazzle you.

September 2013

Sandi from FuelCell Energy Inc.

September 2013

Halogen Software - Performance and Compensation Management

I have been a Halogen customer for 8 years. We started with eAppraisal and now also use eCompensation and are working on going live with Job Description Builder. I recommend Halogen to pretty much anyone who will listen. I not only like the ease of use on the product, the customer service of Halogen is outstanding. As a high-growth company, we have many employees who join our team from different companies and corporate cultures and we use the employee performance management system to drive a higher level of accountability and consistency. Halogen's software allows automation of the performance management and greatly eases the burden of appraisals - allowing us to focus on the performance discussions - not the process. eCompensation eliminated our use of spreadsheets for compensation management and reduced errors in payroll data signficantly. If I had a con to Halogen, it is that there is not yet a more local user conference with others who use Halogen in the Northeast for me to collaborate in person but I am sure it will come with time. the Halogen User Group (HUG) is excellent.

Formerly Halogen

Pros

I used this product when it was Halogen and still works great for tasks assigned to me and ones assigned to myself, and also for org charts.

Cons

I keep getting reminders every time I have an overdue task. It's very annoying and I wish that featured could be turned off.

A lot of organizational abilities under one program

Pros

Being able to create an organizational flow chart allows you to not only view your chain of command but quickly and easily look up contact information for any person in your organization and within a given department. Adding photos allows you to put a face with a name when working with remote offices and areas.

Cons

The learning management system is sometime finicky. If you start an assigned training task from one location on your home screen, it doesn't always come off of your assigned task list- the administrator has to remove it manually.

Jessica from NASPO

Industry: Philanthropy

Not Your Biggest Fan

We implemented Saba about a year ago and haven't been very happy with our choice. I wish they had better Customer Service, a more responsive Support Team and a system that worked as it is designed. In the past year I have opened 38 support cases and it has taken in upwards of 69 days to resolve a case. In my opinion, that is unacceptable and should never happen. Many attempts to provide this exact feedback have fallen on deaf ears. I have been in contact with their Support Manager and he acknowledges there are issues and constantly assures me they are making changes. However, I have not seen any improvements. I share this feedback because I wish there had been this information available when we were inquiring about their system. I hope this information can help someone avoid making the same mistake we did when we purchased and implemented the Saba system.

Pros

At this time I am unaware of any pros that would make Saba a better choice than any other LMS vendor in the market.

Cons

Customer Service, Unreliable Support Constant issues being experienced Functionality not working the way it was designed

Joevanne from Serta Simmons Bedding, LLC

Awesome Learning Assessment Tool

Pros

I have never had to administer Saba, but have used it as an end user consistently over the years. The software is easy to navigate and works well with many different security tools.

Cons

Since I have never had to implement or admin Saba I do not have any cons to speak about. From a security standpoint there have been times the tool did not work as expected due to content being blocked by our URL Filter. During these times Saba support provided the needed assistance and we were able to correct all issues in a timely manner.