• Pros

• "It is easy to use, it makes the recruitment process so easy and you do not have to spend time on unnecessary admin."

• "The User Interface is great. Related very well to anyone that has used social media previously and the mobile app is also solid. I've used bullhorn previously and this is much easier. "

• "Good interface, it's free, but better to pay some sum of money and get at least something than pay nothing and get nothing."

• Cons

• "I like everything, I think there is nothing to improve for now, but maybe would be nice if the administrator is able to delete other users when they are not in the company anymore. "

• "The free version is great as it is, but if I 'd like to migrate, it would be too expensive if I compare con local suppliers that offers similar options."

• "It’s started as free app with all the features. The promise of SR was it will remain free. Though it’s still free but full functionality admin controls are now restricted to pod users"

Browse SmartRecruiters Reviews

Joanna from CapTech Consulting

A collaborative platform that is advancing our talent acquisition strategy

Pros

simplicity of interface, enabling collaboration of hiring managers, open APIs to integrate with other platforms, likeness to other social tools that enables ease of use and adoption, and ability to customize and create platform adjustments without change ticket costs or depending on the ATS provider to make the changes.

Cons

Our HCM solution has an ATS that we chose not to leverage because features were behind SmartRecruiters - yet, we have to build integrations for solutions that integrate with HCM

Matthew from Citizant

Smart Recruiters is, as a whole, a fantastic company/software. That sums in my thoughts.

The intuitiveness /usability of the system is a huge benefit. We're able to move candidates through the process very easily. A complaint though, the included job aggregators are pretty irrelevant

Pros

The BEST piece about this software is the fact that new features (taken from the community of SR users) are constantly being developed and we get monthly releases. Obviously, the user interface is very intuitive and easy to teach new managers. We just completely overhauled our entire Recruiting process, and the easiest part of that herculean effort was changing the process in SR.

Cons

Notifications are kind of a bugger. There's a feature that allows constant notifications, but the only person that can get those constant notification is the hiring manager. Why not the Recruiter too? Recruiters at my company live in this system day in and day out, hiring managers hop in and out as needed, so we're the ones that need the notification (along with the hiring managers).

Great value!

Pros

When I discovered SmartRecruiters I worked for a smaller mom and pop business. We didn't have a prior application tracking system. This product significantly improved our processes. It allowed us to post positions easily and manage our applications and share applications to other users. It was easy to set up and to post once and distribute these postings to the job aggregators we chose. The support team was very friendly and trained us. As we expanded our business this software kept up. I highly recommend trying it. We were able to improve our KPI with time to fill.

Cons

I really don't have many cons system. I really enjoyed using this software.

Michael from Third Party Pet

Great ATS with Built-In CRM Software

Pros

The software is user friendly, is extremely candidate driven, and allows for all necessary features. We have thoroughly enjoyed using this product as our sole ATS to move candidates through our recruiting process

Cons

It hasn't integrated with my other software, but with homegrown software I have come to expect that.

Smartrecruiters is a forward-thinking platform that neglects the fundamentals of recruiting needs.

A functional ATS that integrates with our other software and timely customer support.

Pros

I like the ease of sharing candidate and job info with internal employees and the simplicity of storing and updating all data within the system. Smartrecruiters integrates well with our other software and is an effective "one-stop shop" for our recruiting process.

Cons

The "open" nature of the software and the inability to customize manager and interviewers' visibility into the recruiting process. Anyone attached to the hiring team can see confidential candidate data (such as salary requirements and the results of screening investigations), as well as emails between recruiters and candidates which is extremely problematic. It is also not a functional tool for reviewing candidates- you constantly have to restart the process because of how the software redirects when you are dispositioning people and it requires too many clicks and opening of new tabs to be an efficient process. Scheduling is simple but making edits to interviews is very manual and time-consuming-- the software really misses the basic functions that makes an ATS usable and helpful to the recruiting process.

Response from SmartRecruiters

Replied July 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for your candid feedback. Regarding the inability to customize manager and interviewers' visibility into the recruiting process: our Spring 2018 enhancements include many changes regarding this issue. Admins can now create up to 5 custom system roles, and configure each custom role's access and permissions with high granularity in three general areas: access to 'Configuration' and Admin settings, access to 'Analytics' (and reporting), access to 'Jobs & Candidates'. The Analytics and Jobs & Candidates areas are further broken down into product areas: company settings, compliance reports, analytics, report builder, create a job, hiring team, access all jobs, access group. For each area, Admins can assign a specific level of access to each custom role: 'no', 'view only', 'limited' and 'full access'. There is much more information available in the help center and especially the page regarding the Spring 2018 enhancements. I hope this helps!

Stephanie from Tax Analysts

Industry: Publishing

This ATS has streamlined our recruiting process and allowed us to manage everything in one place

More efficient process and less time spent having to account for data and manage a spreadsheet of candidates.

Pros

It's very user-friendly and has a social media look and feel to it so most people can relate to the functionality.

Cons

When I export certain reports into excel, they don't always come out clean and I have to do a lot of deleted and un-merging of cells, but once I get that done, the data is very useful.

Syed Yaseen from Axius Technologies Inc.

It has been very useful in posting the jobs over different platforms from SmartRecruiters. Easy 2Use

Pros

Sharing the jobs to different job boards in one click. Rating the candidates, saving the notes for future reference.

Cons

Earlier I was able to post n number of positions, but no it has been reduced to 10 which I did not like. The adding of location is been very complicated now. Please change it as it was earlier! Eles it the best out in the market :)

Scott from Predictable Hire

Perspective from an agency

As a recruiter it's made my life a bit easier with submissions, but other than that it didn't do much for me. However as an external user of it, that's not all that surprising.

Pros

I like that SmartRecruiters gives me one place to login to work on reqs for a particular client. They can add and remove me as they need to, and being able to submit resumes there directly into their process is nice.

Cons

My clients didn't particularly love the software, and the look of it is a bit dated. Other than submitting resumes to make sure they're in the right bucket, I don't get any other use out of it. The resume parsing is OK, not great. It gets mostly the name and everything right, but often times messes up the paragraphs in the experience section.

Sarah from Ascend Public Charter Schools

Pros

As a new manager, I find SmartRecruiters an easy system to use to research and contact applicants. I like that applicants can post multiple resources to their profile and I can easily access them (there's no need for me to save their resume on my computer). It's also fantastic that I can send them messages through the platform and keep a record of their responses that I can access on the site itself.

Cons

As of right now, there's not a hiring need that I have that SmartRecruiters has been able to fill. Perhaps if there were video or chat recording software that could help me code responses... then that could be amazing!

Greg from Two Creative Design Group, LLC

I have used SmartRecruiters to post jobs offered by my company and by my clients' companies.

SmartRecruiters allows me to post once and push my posting to many job boards.

Pros

What I like most about SmartRecruiters is that I can write one job posting and have it submitted to lots of job boards. Smart Recruiters even gives me access to additional services like Facebook Ads and LinkIn Postings.

Cons

What I like least about SmartRecruiters is that, when a application comes in, they don't tell me which job board it came from. Also, I wish that it was less of a "just post and trust us" and more of a platform where I have granular control of my postings.

ATS that allows you to keep on track with your hiring at ease

all recruitment processes kept in one place

Pros

I can manage all of my hiring projects in one place, different levels of collaboration, integration with a huge variaties of job boards, easily customisable. you can create all types of templates for different flows from rejection emails, to offer emails. integrates with other systems like video interviews or assessments which creates a smooth and easy flow. they are now introducing a new feature - an AI assistant and that should be a massive addition to the functionality - the system will now be able match your JD with the most suitable candidates

Cons

it might feel a bit overwhelming with a lot of features that you don't necessarily use. there's lots of functionality which is great for bigger companies but which I personally don't use and they sometimes slow me down, though I totally understand the necessity of those. I'm lacking notifications to respond to the candidates if I haven't been in touch with them for a while

Excellence, always upgrades, meets my needs

SmartRecruiters worked exceptionally well for our company and our needs. As a newly created HR department, SmartRecruiters was able to help us become more efficient in hiring and tracking our applicants--while remaining user-friendly and effective.

Pros

I am able to work as the only recruiter for our 160 EE company. Without it, we would not have been able to provide the high level of satisfaction to our candidates and new hires.

Cons

Not very Canadian friendly for extras such as paid postings, assessment tools, screening. Would like better onboarding. Can be a bit frustrating for candidates

SmartRecruiters is innovative, mobile friendly, social media integrated game changer!

The number of applicants received has doubled over the previous year (prior to switching to SmartRecruiters). The candidate experience has vastly improved due to social integration and mobile friendly use.

Pros

I like the ease of use for candidates and users alike. Social media integration, hiring team collaboration, and customizable applications enhance the candidate experience. SmartRecruiters Hiring App is perfect for on the go candidate review, messaging, and calling. Job postings are easy and automatically push out to multiple job boards.

Cons

The marketplace is great for integrated add-ons including assessments, reference checks, and background checks. However there are additional costs for the add-ons.

April 2015

Lisa from Energy One

April 2015

Every Recruiter or HR person should try SmartRecruiters!

Pros

The SmartRecruiters platform is seamless. I love that I can create a job posting and post it to a host of job boards, then pay for it in one simple step. SmartRecruiters will also post the job on a host of free sites. Our hiring Managers can access the system easily with minimal training. Candidates can apply quickly via their mobile devices and it is simple which attracts more candidates. If I ever have a question, their priority support responds immediately and resolves any issues. Bottom line is SmartRecruiters saves me time and money and makes my job easier.

Cons

Nothing. The team at SR listen to my needs as a customer and work to give a solution for all customers. The system has only been even more perfected over time.

I love this platform! it allows me to track my recruiting process and find the best match!

As I told before, I can track my recruiting process including customer and candidate feedback, in a very easy way.

Pros

I like the availability of tags and notes to find candidates based on specific words. I can manage candidates that are in active search but not assigned to processes, and match them based on their skills.

Cons

Deirdre from Education Development Center, Inc.

Industry: International Trade and Development

Responsive, knowledgeable customer service and easy to use product.

Value for money. Increased coordination within hiring teams. Detailed information on candidates. Ability to quickly review and respond to all a high volume of candidates.

Pros

Easy to configure and use. Extensive training isn't needed to get up and running. For those who require it, there are online tutorials for every part of the system.

Cons

Candidate search functionality isn't very robust. It is limited to predefined fields (e.g., location, degree, etc.) instead of allowing customer to define the fields from the candidate profile to use for searching and sorting (e.g., technical expertise, field of study, industry-specific terms, etc.).

Deanna from Enerkem Inc.

Industry: Oil & Energy

This is the most user-friendly and efficient recruiting platform ever

- ability to get managers to participate in sourcing - easy candidate management - publishing jobs to numerous job posting sites espacielly the major ones

Pros

- User friendliness - extremely high quality, efficient and fast customer service - constant improvements and new smart functionnalities without disrupting daily usage or minimal disruption

Cons

Nothing to say. The market is very competitive now with all the AI. With a lot of hope, SmartRecruiters is agile!

Jennifer from GL group, Inc.

This ATS makes it easy to organize candidates through the process and make notes.

It makes it so easy to track and organize applicants in one spot. It also allows other members of the team to pick up where one person has left off.

Pros

I love the easy of use with SmartRecruiters. It makes it easy to post jobs, move candidates through the process, and save notes for future reference.

Cons

If people apply for multiple jobs over years or months, SmartRecruiters does differentiate between resumes or other uploads.

I have a great experience, makes easy and faster my daily work

Pros

I like the way you can do the whole recruiter process, make notes and share with coworkers everything about candidates and how you can use the analytics to have a better view of the results in every process.

Sam from Equinox

SmartRecruiters makes it easy to have control of our application flow.

Organization and easy communication.

Pros

Easy communication with hiring managers. Great tool to stay organized. What I like most is being able to interact with an applicant in a timely manner and being able to communicate with them wherever I am.

Cons

Would love the platform more if I could streamline basic tasks: setting follow up reminders with applicants, reminders for hiring managers, etc. I would like to be able to keep the same message thread when having conversations with an applicant, instead of having to go back and forth from my email.

Madlin from Smaato Inc.

Handling approx. 30 job pipelines simultaneously is fairly simple with SmartRecruiters.

Moving the organization around the recruitment process in one tool, communicating with the hiring team on a candidate's profile and setting it as private notes has been of great value. Also the cost per hire becomes more and more attractive even though many websites we publish job ads are not yet integrated. The analytic section however, is very helpful indeed and most of the times shows accurate data.

Pros

Inviting a whole hiring team, scheduling interviews in the tool, comparing candidates based on a score card.

Cons

Missing an option to upload files to a job pipeline, missing search filters in the PEOPLE tab which seem so obvious but aren't there. These two things make the handling of 100+ candidate difficult.

Response from SmartRecruiters

Replied July 2018

Dear Madlin, Thank you for taking the time to review us and for your candid feedback. Regarding your inquiry about search filters, there are many possible search filters in the people tab, and you can even combine them. You can filter candidates by location, proximity to the location, title, status, candidate groups (active, past, leads, referrals, internal), the type of candidate (employee, recently viewed, deferred, pending rejection message) the source, tags, `applied to, the application field, the recruiter, the created date, rating, company, school/university, rejection reason, withdrawal reason. If you feel like the current filters do not satisfy your needs, do tell us as we take your feedback very seriously. As far as adding files to a job pipeline is concerned, file uploads can only be made to a candidate profile. I hope this helps!

Exceptional Product, and Leading ATS

Pros

Feature-rich but delightfully simple, SmartRecruiters was built with the hiring manager and candidate in mind. SmartRecruiters has redefined how we invite talent into the organization and has made a significant impact on our Company's success.

Cons

With rapid and high volume hiring across multiple locations in similar roles, it can be a challenge to mass-modify job postings.

Sarah from Boland

Used this for our company applicant site and to post our career opportunities

Pros

It was originally a free site which we used to post career opportunities and application site. The system was easy to navigate and to search for candidates.

Cons

It didn't offer a variety of features at the time we needed and we changed sites because we needed a system to integrate with our onboarding and payroll program

Hussain from Avanceon limited

Its promising product but raising subscription fee abnormally

Should introduce economical packages for SMEs

Pros

Reliable and ease of use stands at the top. Job boards are very effective and we get quality resume.

Cons

Its started as free app with all the features. The promise of SR was it will remain free. Though its still free but full functionality admin controls are now restricted to pod users

Jonathan from Optiv

Great user experience that allows hiring managers and recruiters to collaborate in one system.

The ability to keep most of our information on one platform throughout the hiring process. This includes applicant data, interview notes and emails back and forth from the system.

Pros

The ease of integrations and usability for everyone in the hiring process. We feel that the systems UI/ UX is intuitive and comprehensive for those involved.

Cons

The lack of reporting and pipelining of candidates. Also the ability to screen resumes without downloading separately. That is a major time hard for our recruiters.

Jane from Maryland Management Company

Very streamlined recruiting software

Pros

- Everything is all centralized in one spot - When you create a job posting, it sends it to a ton of sites for free without having to double post - Email communication with applicants is all in one spot

Cons

- Some of the paid features a bit clunky - Some of the settings are difficult to navigate for new users

July 2015

Lauri from ServiceMax

July 2015

Great for posting to multiple locations in one click.

Pros

Easy to use interface. Hiring Managers love it. Excellent at posting jobs to multiple boards and locations with a single click. I love the Hire Loop which gives me visibility into all activities on jobs and candidates in one place. I think SmartRecruiters is a great tool. Customer account management and customer support are top-notch. From the Hiring Manager's perspective, it's perfect.

Cons

Difficult setup for 3rd-party recruiters. Difficult getting any kind of data from the tool although I know this is being worked on. Offer Approvals, system emails, and administrative setup. Can only opt-out of emails at a high level, so if on a hiring team, you get emails for all jobs or none.

Clayton from Thorne Research

Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Love the product and the support is great.

Pros

Easy to learn and train others on. I really like the career site design and management features. Vey easy to create a great looking career site!

Cons

Word formatting when cutting and pasting job descriptions, I always have to reformat the bullet points.

Corrina from Tipico Ltd.

Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Been using it for over 2 years now, simple to use and does the job brilliantly

SR has considerably improved the recruitment function in our company, group wide.

Pros

The simple layout and functionality, the integrations with other softwares

Cons

Sometimes improvements take a while to be implemented, and CS can at times not fully understand queries

Pardeep from IDC Technologies

Smartrecruiter Review

Very Good

Pros

Very easy to use and it can maintain our data easy. Searching resume by Boolean search etc very compatible.

Cons

I never face any issue with smart recruiter. A little issue can be that It is not that much famous like others ATS.

Lilian from Future Games of London

Great to use when managing large numbers of applications on a daily basis

Pros

Being able to multi task in the system, especially when managing up to 10 live roles with more than 1,000 applications. Easily having an overview of progress and numbers

Cons

Not being able to personalise it, IE; add my own templates to the responses for candidates. I believe only the system admin at present has the ability to do this which isn't great.

Aaron from Faxinghelp

Easy to use. Integrations are amazing

An application process that is a differentiator. We're more likely to get the best candidates because our outreach is better and we have a better product. Hiring is everything and we are now better at it than our competitors.

Pros

They integrate with all the platforms was already use. Their Marketplace makes it really easy. - Easy to use - Implementation was much easier than our last platform - Applicants seem a lot happier with the process based on their feedback - Analytics is easy to use. I can easily see how each recruiter is doing.

User End

Pros

I used this in my previous role, not currently using. This was used at a school district. It was better than tracking applicants yourself. Appreciated the 'tag' feature (similar to facebook).

Cons

I didn't like that I could see applicants at other schools - this was sometimes confusing. I think a functionality update could fix this.

Great for finding qualified candidates!

Pros

The applicant tracking system! It's so efficient and user friendly. Candidates can be sorted by the stage they're in (lead, interview, hire, etc.) and you can make notes about each candidate (private or public). I also love that you can invite other people you work with to your team to review candidates. They can rate them and provide feedback. The program posts to multiple job sites and allows you to pay for additional advertising if you wish to do so.

Cons

I've used this to share several job openings and the only con is that the program doesn't show a position once it's been closed. I didn't know that the first time I closed out a job and had to rewrite the description when I needed to re-post it.

The User Interface is great. Related very well to anyone that has used social media previously!!!!!

Can't stop cruitin'

Pros

Cons

It's an evolving software and has some functionality not built in that it's still filling out. but overall good!

Sophia from UserTesting, Inc

A great product for the value

Pros

It is easy to use, and provides all the basic functionality I would expect. The candidate experience also seems to be high quality.

Cons

The messaging function needs a lot of work. I would like the ability to set out of the office responses, reply directly in the tool instead of via email, and a few other things.

SmartRecruiters helps us stay organized and keep up on all of the applicants.

Pros

Being able to rate the candidates and leave notes in the scorecard. We show all of our hiring managers and interviewers the scorecard feature, and have them leave detailed notes after interviews so we can more easily compare candidates.

Cons

The employee referral feature is not always accurate when it shows "employee". We will get people that apply and it says "employee" next to their name, but they were not actually a referral, so we do not use that feature.

Kris from RightClick

SmartRecruiters makes hiring easy

I LOVE SmartRecruiters. Never before have I had all my hiring managers and teams truly involved in the recruiting process. No only do our teams use the product they actually like using the product. The real-time collaboration makes decisions quick and seamless. We are also able to tie in all of our assessments, reference checks, and background checks throughout the process. Tired of sending paper offers and having to wait for everyone to scan them? We were too, but SmartRecruiters has an amazing integration with DocuSign. Thank you for finally making a product that works!

Pros

- open apis - easy UX/UX - marketplace with over 250 partners - built-in analytics - easy job marketing - great calendar integration (we have gmail) - great customer success team

Cons

- some ATS elements are missing (follow-up reminders, recruiter love, etc.) - analytics could be better for recruiter productivity and tracking

Irum from ISN Corp

Industry: Government Relations

Recruiting Smart

The software is convenient and allowing the recruitment process to be faster with better candidates.

Pros

The candidate tracking system is the best part of this software as it even shows the top candidates and allows you to advertise and see the activity.

Cons

There isnt anything I do not like about this software.

Free Version - can get the job done

Pros

This is not the most robust option, but if you are a recruiter/HR manager with a very limited budget, this allows you to do all the basic functions that any other ATS would do for you. I believe companies with fewer than 200 or 250 employees can use the free version, which is really pretty cool. It allows for pre-screening questions, tracks applicant data (EEO, sourcing data, etc), stores the candidate information in an intuitive and visually appealing way, and notifies you via e-mail about new candidates. It connects to dozens of free job boards and will also connect you to paid boards. I was surprised by how much it offers for a free service.

Cons

Obviously with a free service there is only so much customization that can be done.

Karien from Clear Leaf Consulting

By far the most user friendly Applicant Tracking Systems I have used before!!

Pros

Cons

We have had problems where mails were not received by candidates, if this was sent from the system directly, but the support team fixed these errors.

Heather from Matrix Systems Group

Free Version Great for the Price BUT

We are a very small recruiting agency and went with a free version of SmartRecruiters to start. It is an excellent value for the price (free). Allows you to post jobs, candidates can apply online and you can send and receive emails in the system. You can also assign ratings to candidates and type in any notes about the candidate.

Pros

The ability to send and receive emails in the system and keep a record of past emails for referral. The ability to take notes. You can move several candidates to a different stage in the pipeline at once.

Cons

The free version doesn't have email templates (except for Rejection letters). No customization in the free version. The paid version is too expensive for what you get compared to other systems, in my opinion.

Overall, slightly positive experience.

Pros

I like the hiring manager self-service and visibility the system offers. I also appreciate the marketplace and integrations for scheduling and more.

Cons

It strikes me as somewhat "buggy". It seems like almost weekly there is a new, small issue or concern that needs to raise a ticket to be addressed. I don't have visibility to our quantity/pattern of tickets, so it may or may not be getting better.

Francois from Istuary Innovation

Great Recruiting Platform for Medium Sized busineses

Smartrecruiter is an amazing piece of technology written by recruiters for recruiters. It's flow process is intuitive and allows you to design your own recruitment process as well as put in place job and offer approval processes. It's great for managing candidates through a process and to store into future pipelines as necessary. It allows you to upload and store resumes as well as build different job and offer templates you can share with candidates. It has built in 360 Outlook integration which is great for setting up candidate interviews with hiring managers.

Pros

ease of use ability to design own recruitment process build out approval processes (job and offer) Resume uploads keyword search multiple offer and job templates Very reasonable cost

Cons

Hard to create some customizations SSO was not doable in our case Reporting not that robust

Smart Recruiters

Pros

Smart Recruiters is very easy to navigate and I like the "tracking bar" so I can see what step a candidate is in in the interview process/

Cons

Smart Recruiters seems to have bugs quite frequently.

Great UI, Easy to Use and Integrate with HCIMS

Pros

The cloud based platform makes it easy to collaborate with team members cross-functionally to make decisions utilizing a scorecard. We moved over from Jobvite and they've made the process much easier for us. I also really like the fact that there's a mobile app which allows us to really recruit 24/7 around the clock.

Cons

I don't like that it costs so much money to post to a lot of job boards but that's not the fault of SmartRecruiters. I also wish there was a little more data visibility into where our candidates are really coming from.

Vishwa from goBalto, Inc.

SR is a good tool overall that allows us to have a consistent recruitment and onboarding process.

Pros

Scheduling is very easy and its great to have access to the team's reviews in one location. This way I am not bugging anyone independently for feedback.

Cons

Pulling reports are a bit tricky and difficult. Also, there should be a way (as an admin) to delete and posted emails with sensitive information ( like comp, etc) so the whole team doesn't see.

David from Ingrooves Music Group

Industry: Music

Best value ATS with continually expanding robust features

Comprehensive ATS that has very effective job posting capabilities!

Pros

Comprehensive features to thoroughly handle most of your recruiting needs -- continuous improvement and adding new capabilities each release cycle

Cons

Navigation through and across feature sets. Limited ability to customize input, work flow, and templates.

I have had nothing but positive experiences with Smart Recruiters.

All of my recruiting related information is in one place and I can easily track candidates.

Pros

With all of your recruiting information in one place, it makes the administrative component of talent sourcing far easier.

Cons

You definitely require a demo to ensure that you are fully utilizing the software's many capabilities.

Russ from Hansel Auto Group

We have gotten some valued candidates via this platform.

Pros

It's an easy to use web-based software. Aggreates from other sources as well. Backups and maintenance are done off site. You can get a pretty good feel for the candidate from the page.

Cons

Can't include outside candidates or import current ones. At times no candidate resume is included. I would like more details about some candidates.