• Pros

• "I've been using Core for about a year now. It has many features that have helped our company. Easy to use. Excellent customer service for anything that arises. Highly recommend"

• "It is very easy to use and you can learn it quite quickly with help of online webinars, the help pages, and just fishing around in the menus. Very clear and concise."

• "I like the concept and features of this software, It helps to me to monitor the projects of my team. Very easy to use and organize."

• Cons

• "There was a bit of a learning curve in the beginning and training coordination was somewhat challenging but nothing extraordinary."

• "little glitches here and there but the customer support is so fast and responsive and the are willing to fix the software glitches."

• "Signing in multiple users can sometimes take some time to set up, but once that process is complete everything goes extremely smoothly. "

Browse BQE Core Legal - Time, Billing, and Accounting Reviews

Robert C. from Larimer Law

Valuable software for billing at a law firm

Bill quick is a perfect solution to create invoices and be able to bill many different attorneys on different projects.

Pros

The ability to customize many of its features is great. You can setup and keep track of time associated with various cases, clients, projects. There are so many reports that you can run to keep track of your spending. Able to export invoices to LEDES format. Able to import time from excel spreadsheet.

Cons

It takes some time to learn the software, the tech support team was great in getting me up and running. If you want additional reports they have a custom report group but their cost is a bit high to modify reports. It looks a bit complicated but actually it is easy to use.

Kimberly from Capstone Project Services, PLC

Industry: Architecture & Planning

We are particularly impressed with CORE’s user-friendly, “all in one” design

Our small but rapidly-growing architectural firm was looking for a project management and billing solution. We were particularly impressed with CORE’s user-friendly, “all in one” design.

Pros

It provides us with a single source to record employee time, manage project tasks, budget, invoice and track project performance. We took advantage of the various training packages and technical assistance BQE offers to help us get up-to-speed with CORE in a matter of months. BQE also worked with us to develop a custom invoice that provides our clients with current and past billing information in a clean and easy-to-read format. With the mobile app, our partners access CORE data anytime, anywhere, and can record travel expenses directly from their smartphones. BQE has demonstrated to us that they listen and responds to suggestions on how to make CORE an even better program for its users by providing regular updates and enhancements that incorporate our suggestions. We are very pleased with CORE and BQE.”

Cons

Everything is working for us and if it does not then that is what support is for. Like any other new software implementation there is a learning curve. We took advantage of the various training packages.

Reasons for Choosing BQE Core Legal - Time, Billing, and Accounting

For its simple to use interface and definitely Mobil apps are far superior

Carmen from SSA, Inc.

Industry: Architecture & Planning

So far we have had positive experiences in Core

Core has greatly solved our resource allocation, project management and Time & Expense tracking.

Pros

We are getting more and more use out of Core. So far we are just diving in, but it has helped our time tracking and expenses and keep our documents in one place. Allocation and forecasting, project management and time and expense setup are all helpful. We are using our custom report for allocations and it is working well for us.

Cons

Any changes, we pass through ideas and so hopefully they are updated as new features - we would like to know the status of our requests just so we can discuss in our meetings.

JUST DONT!!!!!! Refused to give refund after acknowledging it doesn't work

It was the most expensive waste of time I've experienced in a long while. It's right up there with Yelp advertising. Once you get pay it's over. I determined that this didn't work for me at a bout 2 weeks in. But, I was patient and tried to work through it with them. Roughly a month later, we came to the understanding that it doesn't do what I need, and they can't make it do what I need. (Quickbooks and Method Crm was doing this stuff before) I asked for a refund or even for the remainder of the year I paid for. I was told they "Don't Do Refunds" So, They're cool with over-promising, Taking $650, understanding that you're not using the program any longer, and are dissatisfied. Pretty Lame If You Ask Me

Pros

The Sales guy was really friendly and try to rush me into a holiday sale. I should have known.

Cons

It was promised to be totally customizable to any business. It absolutely was not. I spoke with customer service well over 10 times, probably 20 calls. They could show me how things were set up, but never really able to make it work with my business flow as I had with Quickbooks. The program was often slow and sluggish between screen changes (I have very fast ethernet connection 250mbps DL speed). Many features were on different screens and made for a lot of loading time between simple tasks. Again....not customizable when I bring it up.

Reasons for Choosing BQE Core Legal - Time, Billing, and Accounting

Because it looked promising. Seemed like all the features were there and was promised flexibility in the program. Obviously, didn't turn out to be that. Definitely to good to be true.

Response from BQE Software

Replied April 2020

Hi there! We are sorry that you weren't able to use the program as intended. We do offer 15-days free trial and live demos of our product and keep everything transparent to give our customers a chance to review the product before they actually purchase. We have hundreds and thousands of users worldwide who rely on our products each day to successfully run their business. We are truly sorry to see you go and hopefully you will give us another chance in the future. Please feel free to reach out to us at customercare@bqe.com.

Laura from Omnes

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Core has been an integral in helping us to understand and grow our business

Overall experience has been great as we use Core for our integrated accounting, time/expenses, and invoices, and it has been integral in helping us to understand and grow our business in the first year.

Pros

A little over one year back as we started up our new business I was researching for the best accounting, time and expense tracking and billing software. I selected BQE Core because it had an intuitive interface, easy reporting and it was on cloud. For any startup business the cost is always a big factor, the fact that BQE Core was a fraction of other similar software packages was an added bonus! We use BQE for our integrated accounting, time/expenses, and invoices, and it has been integral in helping us to understand and grow our business in the first year. At every moment, I have the info available to understand my cash flow, liabilities and A/R all in one interface, which never would have been possible if I used other accounting software.

Cons

In a separate excel doc I track our projected income and expenses for each two-week period so I can plan cash expenditure. If BQE had a feature to track overhead and projections in relation to billable work, that would really integrate all functionality in one software. Other than that, I don't have any suggestions for improvement.

Reasons for Choosing BQE Core Legal - Time, Billing, and Accounting

Core is more intuitive and a complete package for professional services.

Mark from MPA Architects

Industry: Architecture & Planning

This new year marks one whole year we've been using Core

Core has an amazing catalog of built-in reports. One thing we find ourselves often wishing for was a kind of “Quick List” report that would output a list of something, one item per line, single-spaced and nothing else but a clear statement of the search and filtering criteria at the top. Examples include a list of invoices overdue x days, list of current projects, list of deposits, payments, checks, every transaction ever related to a certain project, etc. These lists are handy when reviewing Core data, or bringing a quick list into a meeting, where the entries can be highlighted, color coded, and/or checked off as you go.

Pros

I have to say it has succeeded with flying colors after being bombarded with all kinds of unusual circumstances with hundreds of our architecture projects! Well done! I'm constantly amazed how well thought-out the original approach was in Core's basic design allowing it to handle all of our client's weird situations, and we're just one of the zillions of other companies using Core who do things so differently than we do. I say this with a little authority, as well, because I wrote my first program at age 15 in 1968 and I have seen (and suffered) *everything* in all the eras of computing since. Core is badass. Every system has issues, but it's important we all stop and appreciate the unimaginable amount of work that went into making Core really effective. No one paid me to say this and I'm not getting any brownie points. I'm saying this because I know intimately what the developers have gone through to make today's Core possible. Whew!

Cons

While Core has one of the best time sheet entry forms around. It would be great to have a more graphical time entry interface such as the kind iOS and Android users are familiar with when using, say, a calendar app, in which they can use a mouse or finger to draw time blocks graphically, then double-click/tap them to set the info for that block.

Reasons for Choosing BQE Core Legal - Time, Billing, and Accounting

We selected Core for its modern design and awesome feature set which helps us run all areas of our business under one roof

Jill from ColeBreit Engineering

Robust Software Program

Tech support is the best I've ever experienced. Very knowledgeable and helpful. Just wish I didn't have to call them so much.

Pros

There were a lot of interfaces to this software. It did everything we needed, but not everybody was on board with the difficult of use.

Cons

It was probably way more than a company of our size needed. We are switching to Squava after just a year and a half. We felt like a beta tester of this software. Our project managers thought it was hard to use, and didn't feel our data was always accurately depicted.

Reasons for Choosing BQE Core Legal - Time, Billing, and Accounting

We went for the software that could do it all, but it was a hard learning curve for sure.

Jessica from J Cruz and Associates

Industry: Law Practice

Entering time is now much easier

Pros

Moving to Core has definitely helped us eliminate the manual data entry process. Prior to using Core the time entry process was not that easy and we had to enter time manually for all the employees in our old software. Another area that so far, we like in Core is the powerful invoicing. Easy time entry and invoicing feature are the best so far that we enjoy in Core. We also appreciate the excellent customer service support team. They always go above and beyond to help out.

Cons

Needs to be more user friendly. At time we did experience glitches which were rectified in a timely manner.

Dale from Rardin & Carroll Architects

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great tool for the Architect's office

Overall, this is a good office management tool for the architect. We have used it for the past 10 years and find it invaluable in all we do in managing projects and running the business.

Pros

The product is great for the management of a project from time and expense reports to document management. It also manages the office contacts and calendar of events for all the employees. It will give you in real time if you are making or losing money on a project. It tracks and creates invoicing for all project clients. If you use QuickBooks, it is integrated directly with that software for complete accounting management. It is a great tool for Architects in that it is formatted for what we do (tasks and phasing of projects). If you have internet connection, you can get access to this program while on the road,

Cons

When opening up project file, it takes 2 or 3 clicks to open up a file, such as Word, PDF and AutoCAD. Very, Very frustrating. Many of my employees do not use is function and simply use Window file manager to open and move files. We should not have to do this. It uses Java in the background for some of its operations, and I am not a fan of Java... it is always updating. Updating of the software is somewhat difficult for the person not a computer nerd.

July 2013

Jeff from FSF architecture

July 2013

As architects, we get set in our own way of doing things and never want to change. In ArchiOffice 2013 we found a product that pretty much adapts to how we do things. Sure we changed our methods a little, but for the most part it does what we want it to. We began looking for an office management software in 2007. We realized that the old method of using a spreadsheet was making us miss lots of opportunity for reimbursements that we could have been charging clients until too late. Just recapturing these lost revenues has paid for ArchiOffice. After 6 years, the program is so comprehensive, there are modules for everything you need in an architects office. The main points are easy; project lists, contact lists, time records, billings, and a shared calendar. But dig deeper and you get time tracking per job, project phases or tasks; time records, that at entry, keep everyone informed as to project progress; intelligent records, filling in more than you really want to know about project time expenditure; RFI logging, shop drawing logging; billings, showing cash flow and work in progress; phone call records and a shared calendar; not to mention dozens of reports, and more. For example - when a project Architect is out, and an electrical shop drawing comes in, the office manager can look up the engineer in project info/contacts, and forward the submittal on the same day. Then, they can place a task on the architects to-do list, 7 days out, noting that it should be returned; and then also they can set another task for 10 days out, reminding them again that it should have been returned. We use it for document management; scanning and storing the shop drawing when it is returned. Remote access from anywhere with an Internet connection makes it easy to reach information in the field. The superintendant, without his copy of a spec or shop drawing, can remotely access it thru Archioffice. 6 years of use, and we love it. All that glowing review, and yes, it does have a few flaws. The biggest is that Syncing with Outlook is nearly a waste of time. It can be done, but it requires that you run old Java, then run parallel Outlook files. We just don't even bother. When we do have a problem, the tech support is awesome. In 2010, after a major upgrade, I think I wore out tech support for 3 months. But currently, I think I have emailed two questions in the last 3 months. Always fast and complete responses. AO2013 is mature enough of a product that problems are few and far between. I will admit, as Architect/IT guy/Managing Partner, I use every aspect of this program - not just a few areas like most of my employees. I still look at competing programs, and haven't found one that adapts to my ways as well, or is as comprehensive.

John from Mercer Engineering

Industry: Civil Engineering

I am happy to say that I took a leap of faith in upgrading my office to BQE

Prior to using BQE software I used Wind-2 and SEMA4 which are costly programs. I was not a newbie to using project management software when implementing BQE. My greatest frustration in using those legacy programs was that they did not have any flexibility in them that allowed me to update or “correct” erroneous entries into the system database without having the data reprogrammed in some way by the vendor. Support for BQE can assist making changes on the fly if need be and hopefully will continue to support the services industry in the future. I have witnessed the mission of BQE to continue to improve the software and support for its users. I am happy to say that I took a leap of faith in upgrading my office to BQE and have not been disappointed.

Pros

SIMPLICITY – it is an easy transition from paper time sheets in a format that employees can easily understand. Employee time entries can add memos that are invaluable to explain charges to clients or counsel employees on their activities. FLEXIBILITY – Some projects require slightly different reporting/invoicing formats to fit the client’s needs. BQE support assists with accomplishing just that at a reasonable cost. SUPPORT – Over these years, issues in understanding inputs or reporting have been addressed in real-time, on-line, to help maintain operation schedules for billing and reporting. REPORTS – Both summary and detailed reports are available that can include memos to help clarify time and expenses. One can look at a project from different facets based on a manager’s needs.

Cons

Some of the labor reporting modules need to be reviewed that use an integer formatted numbers that round off and be updated to use an accounting formatted number with 2 decimal places. My accounting department uses two report for payroll that use incorrect time (rounding up) instead of an exact job time/cost figure. I have to review and have them update to the corrected time values each time.

Christine from MacLeod Reckord, PLLC

Existing User

We've had our ups and downs. After a couple of days on the phone with customer support, things have been clarified and settled. I understand some of my problems now and how to fix them. It is really the first time I have felt comfortable with my choice in software. As I learn new things, play with it more and talk with customer support things that I thought might be deal burners, are really not. We all need to accept change, and for me as a former development programmer, I am used to it. I was not that into our existing software that we are replacing as I only had to deal with it for a year as I am kind of the new employee. Yes, I looked at several different software options. Yes, some had more features than others, some less. It is going to be pretty difficult to find a replacement software that is exactly like the one you are replacing. My original review stated there were a lot of bugs. I'm not so sure about that statement any longer. For me, it works better through Crome than Edge. I did have quite a few issues when running in Edge. This may be a problem that has since been fixed, but I'm okay in chrome.

Pros

I have had more time with the software since my last review. As I slowly convert the firms old data to this new software, things are falling into place quickly. I'm becoming attuned to the software. Learning little things I didn't know where there, both by playing around and talking with customer support. This software is easy to learn. Not a real big learning curve, assuming you are familiar with project management, accounting, project setup or you have people familiar with those areas. I do it all, and basically maintain everything for everyone else.

Cons

I don't have many, but if I had to pick... they are not really cons, as I hope they will expand to these later on. API with Office 365/Outlook would be a nice added bonus. For me, especially Outlook. Also API with Quickbooks desktop version. This isn't a big issue, as I hope to also phase out QB and only use that software for payroll. Which I will then have an API if I go with QB Online/payroll. I will always use QB for payroll, so I am use to doing journal entries into systems to reflect the payroll numbers. This is not a hardship for me.

Reasons for Choosing BQE Core Legal - Time, Billing, and Accounting

Zoho- (would have to interface with too many other software products) Mavenlink and Wrike, although awesome PM related software did not handle the AEC community as well as I would have liked. I currently have QB Enterprise Contractors edition, but it is for payroll only and duplicating invoices/checks from the old system at a high level for accounting purposes. This software did not, nor ever will do what I was told it could handle when I was looking to upgrade from PRO to an AEC community software. A total waste of high dollar money. Will go back to PRO or on-line for payroll only as soon as I am up and running 100% in CORE. Deltek, while they bought out WIND2, which is what I am replacing, and they covered pretty much everything in their new software options, I will not and cannot purchase a software where the company does not allow me some free demo months. If I couldn't demo and do one on one sessions with the software I was looking at and talk to techs, I wasn't interested. Deltek does not give you a free trial version and they are overpriced. Totally turned off by this company. They think they own the market in the AEC industry, and they really don't, but charge you like they do. Every software has a work around most of the time. I was determined to find one. Total Synergy...Never really gave this software a fair chance. With a walk thru demo, I was told something couldn't be done and just started looking elsewhere.

Alexandra from Three Hills Engineering Ltd.

BQE Core Review

Since the minute we began to research and consider switching our project management software to BQE Core, we have felt that the team at BQE has been nothing but helpful through the process. The sales team were there to answer questions, suggest videos/webinars to get familiar with Core and to let us know about sales promotions we may be interested in. When we finally made the choice to move to Core, they were excellent at getting us set up with the software and following up on any questions we had. Since implementing Core, we have found that we have much better control over how our projects are managed, we are seeing much better performance data and are very happy with the product.

Pros

We like that there is a lot of control over how we set up our projects and the integration options available through Core. We recently made the switch to this software and find that we are able to track project time, expenses and profitability much easier than with our previous software.

Cons

Because there are so many options and settings it can take a bit of time to get used to finding what you are looking for. Things are taking us a bit longer to manage in this software - however, with more time using it and the training/support options available, we recognize this will only be a temporary issue to using Core.

Jaydra from Paper Investigator, Inc

Great product! Practical, customizable, and good value for the money.

This product saves me time and keeps all my cases organized so I never miss important deadlines or follow-up tasks. Well worth the money.

Pros

1) It has a nice look and it's easy to use because it is organized in an intuitive manner. 2) It is also incredibly customizable. There are so many ways to filter reports and adjust who sees which reports and when, it kind of blows my mind. I have done so many things to customize this software to my firm's needs and I still feel like I've just scratched the surface. This also means it will continue to be useful as my firm grows, which is incredibly valuable. 3) It's a cloud-based software, which means I never have to worry about installing the latest updates. It's also an extra bonus layer of data security because the data is not housed on my local in-office server. 4) Tracking time is easy, and once hours have been billed to the client they are marked in the system (this may seem like a pretty basic feature, but it was surprisingly difficult to find in a case management software). 5) It talks to QuickBooks online, and it's easy to transfer data. It saves a lot of time to transfer invoice and other data from the project management software directly into my accounting system. 6) The customer service and follow-up support is great. I was walked through the initial implementation, which got me up and running almost immediately - very little work time invested in the implementation. After using the software for a few weeks, I scheduled a one-on-one training session with a BQE trainer to get all my firm-specific questions answered which was great.

Cons

My only (minor) complaint is that it does not yet also function as a CRM. I hope they add this feature because I'm looking forward to incorporating that data and function into the same system as my case management.

Amy from Whitney Architecture

Industry: Architecture & Planning

ArchiOffice has definitely been useful for our firm

Pros

ArchiOffice has definitely been useful for our firm over the past six years! We don't use all of the features that are available but the time tracking, budgeting and invoicing have been incredibly helpful for us. I used to spend a lot of time with spreadsheet updating to get accurate information on where we were in each client's budget and with ArchiOffice this is done for me and it is information I use daily. I especially like how we can see the hours to date as they are entered and how many hours we have exceeded our estimate. This information becomes valuable when we create new proposals. We have a much better handle on exactly what it is taking for us to complete each project so we can forecast with more accuracy. Also helpful has been the Performance report which gives us a real look at how each project performs financially. I would not go back to doing this all in spreadsheets! ArchiOffice has made my job much easier over the years. Another thing I appreciate is the project list which saves me from tracking that in another program.

Cons

The only thing that would help us out would be to run ArchiOffice on a Mac platform.

David from Liggett Design Group

Industry: Architecture & Planning

I highly recommend bqe - Core!

I value honesty, and I value those that take ownership. I recommend bqe-CORE. I just designed a ‘custom report’ for our company utilizing the CORE ‘Custom Report’ section. They were great to work with. We are now using ‘my’ Company report starting January 2020. This ‘custom report’ pulls in all our client ‘project data’ real time. It shows what’s important to us…. our project team. We have many concurrent project-phases (hourly or not to exceed contract phases) under the parent project, that start one year and end the next. This custom report is a great tool for us… color coded – RED, showing when over budget (time or ‘not to exceed’ contract fee).

Pros

We transferred 12 years of ‘Project History’ to bqe – CORE effective January 1, 2019. I am the Business Manager and I report directly to the owner of the Company. I keep current the clients we work with…..and all project-phase information for the company , billing – invoicing, using the CORE operating system. As a former Marine Corps officer…. then commercial banker (15 years) I believe that ‘People make the difference’….. not machines. The people at bqe – CORE, particularly the HELP DESK, are all professionals – they know what they are talking about and they care. I highly recommend bqe – CORE!

Cons

I wish there were more built-in invoice/report customization options

Scott from Skynorth Software

The logic/use process seems to flow very well

The logic/use process seems to flow very well. The QuickBooks integration is very stable and makes sense once you understand it. The user interface looks nice, is operationally smooth and is very responsive both in design and speed.

Pros

Overall, very good. There was a learning curve, as with all software, but it makes sense once you figure it out. There are lots of connectors/features so knowing what you need is a big part of this. Support has been very good. They methodically think through processes and help with issues, configuration settings, or bugs (which I recently filed and it will already be fixed by the weekend). The software appears to do what I need it do (Project/Time/Expense Management) and may also be our replacement for QuickBooks once we get the processes figured out. The cost seems to be fair and it’s Tiered Usage based on user needs was great and something competitors didn’t offer very well. We look forward to continue to use the product

Cons

Its big and complicated. I would spend time investing in documentation on what things really do for the back-end. For example: The QuickBooks integration is great, but finding out what actually happens is confusing. I had to set up small tests to figure out that “activities” really mean “services” in QuickBooks and you can have select what records have to sync… documentation (very technical) is very good for people like me!

Response from BQE Software

Replied July 2019

Hi Scott thank you so much for your review of Core, we strive to be cost-effective and provide a sleek user experience.

Cheri from Beyler Consulting, LLC

Great Customer Service and Support

I just want to witness to the fact that everything that Engineering Office says about their wonderful support is true. A lot of companies over embellish and when you have a problem it is like pulling teeth to get some help. Not at Engineering office. They respond to phone calls and emails very quickly. The employees that they have in training and support should be the jewels in their crown. I have had the pleasure of working through frustrating problems with customer support, only to find it is some small thing and getting it fixed or training me to fix it goes quickly. Customer support representatives are FABULOUS and they have great patience and compassion for their customers. They realize that customers can't fix everything and that sometimes it is just beyond us. I learned this software quickly and came to a company that had not set it up correctly and nothing Sync'd together right. Customer support representatives held my hand and walked me through knowing that I was under a deadline. That is what is wonderful about this support team. They are human and they realize that you are human too and that things happen and they are there to guide the way, educate, and even fix the big problems. Anyone who chooses this software should realize that the Maintenance and Support fee that you pay is well worth it. Keep up the good work. It is very appreciated by your Customers.

Pros

Cons

I wish that the SYNC process was done with a macro and I didn't have to do anything more than schedule it to go.

Stan from R. Stanley Morris, CPA, PC

Like the flexibility

I have used BQE product for many years. The product is stable and pretty straight forward to use and today after a long time I needed customer support. The response as always was excellent and the problem I was experiencing was resolved.

Pros

I like the flexibility and design of the software once I gone through the learning curve. The reports are straight forward and give me all the insightful data without customizing.

Cons

I find the billing process steps a bit awkward but I am used to them now. It is annoying to have to look for the most recent invoice under Invoice Review once the invoice is processed as final.

Autumn from AccountingDepartment.COM

Core has been a huge time saving for us..

It is such a user-friendly software program and the customer service is definitely great.

Pros

Core has been a huge time savings for us. The ease of creating invoices, making and customizing reports, and entering time has improved our ability to get more done overall. We have been very pleased with all aspects of customer service, the integration team, custom reports team, trainers, and call center for the one off type questions and issues. We would recommend Core to anyone on the fence about the service. It is such a user-friendly software program

Lori from MSA Engineering Consultants

Slowly getting there

Pros

What we like the most about Core is the way everything is integrated in one application instead of using standalone apps that do not talk to each other. The ease of pulling up the needed date is definitely helpful. I have liked how some of my suggestions to Core ideas have been implemented. If more of these could be fixed and added to the software, the use of the software would be more efficient and effective.

Cons

Although, BQE is working on a payroll module and i have to use a a separate payroll software to process payroll. On projects when you assign a group it doesn't let you assign to all phases and this feature addition would be great.

Claudia from JA Del Rio

We have a pleasant experience with Core as compared to previous software

In general, we have a pleasant experience as compared to our previous software. Core works appropriately and has solved our time and expense and billing problems significantly.

Pros

Core has a easy and intuitive user interface which makes our day to day processes easier. With Core being a cloud software close to 200 employees are using it on a daily basis for time and expense tracking, billing and engagement management. Our business is not a typical accounting firm with 1 or 2 billing person, we have 75 people in our billing department that do invoice simultaneously out of Core. Prior to switching to Core it was a daunting task. All the processes are faster and better with Core. It is is our main business management software and we before it we had a local system installed on our servers.

Cons

More tools for creating reports according to our needs and more options for administrators

Teresa from ECCI

Industry: Environmental Services

Everything that is charged to a project can be seen in real-time

We have been using BQE since March 2015. Prior to then, we kept all project information in QuickBooks. The staff were not able to see where they were on projects since they did not have access to QuickBooks. Currently everything that is charged to a project can be seen in real-time.

Pros

The ability for each employee to input their time/expenses is one of the features that I like the most. I also appreciate that staff members can check time and expenses for their projects to see where they are on projects with a budget. Invoicing is now streamlined because the information for the project manager's review is on one page. Budget information is on the draft invoice which makes it easy to see when a project is over/under budget, and who has coded time to the project.

Cons

I wish there was a better way of archiving old vendor bills.

Response from BQE Software

Replied April 2019

Teresa thanks so much for your review, we are pleased you now have a one-stop shop in real time for your projects! Thanks for being a part of the BQE Family!

Junaid from M Designs Architects

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Core comes with powerful features

Here are some of the features that we like the most in Core and these features have made us a better firm: We definitely like; Reports, especially project analysis and performances. The ability to activate / deactivate phases on a project. We have been invoicing out of Core and recently I am appreciating ePayments and stripe integration and project management dashboard.

Pros

After testing many other products in the market when we were deciding to make a switch, I can confidently say Core by far was right at the top of the list. The features and power are so vast that I believe BQE should offer certification courses for Core. We still are in early stages of exploiting all the amazing features of Core, but there is no question as a firm we have become more disciplined in managing client expectation on budget and project performance as a whole. Customer service is great and your ongoing feature videos are the best learning tools.

Cons

We would like to see improvements in Gantt chart area.

Jeff from C-P Systems

Industry: Chemicals

Our small business has been using Core for about a year now

Pros

Our small business has been using Core for about a year now. At this point it is difficult to imagine how our business timesheets, expenses, and invoices operated without Core. We enjoy the flexibility it allows us to utilize the functionality we need without being forced to use or pay for features that don’t apply to our unique business. We continue to expand the ways Core helps our business through learning new features, creating custom reports, and exporting helpful information. As our business has grow BQE has worked with us to help stay on top of our growing needs

Cons

Improvement in Scroll & update issue – when doing batch edits to approve time, update bill rates, etc. the only items actually edited are those that load. We only have 15 employees, but a month worth of time can take a very long time to scroll through. There should be an override to load all or apply to all rather than having to scroll through hundreds of entries, loading more every 3-4 seconds.

Tersa from Briscoe, Doddo and Associates, CPA, P.A.

Overall, I love the program

Overall, I love the program. It took me many years working in a very outdated software until I felt I found the right program (Core) to switch to for time and billing. It has met all of my needs so far! Love it. I have not had to call in for customer service often but when I do everyone has been helpful and I have not encountered any issues what so ever. I have not worked in the Project Management or Accounting modules of the program.

Pros

The flexibility for invoicing. The ability to email the invoices right from the program. Being able to use the program from anywhere a browser is available although I personally have not had to log in anywhere other than the office but some of my staff has.

Cons

The downside is the refresh rate. At times there is lag due to internet connection which is obviously not an issue with Core itself but the internet connection. I do regret that when entering time entries the fields do not populate faster. I would also love to see a total by day when entering time entries without having to change the date range. I.e. I set the range for a pay period, I would like to see a total for each day and for the entire pay period as a whole on the same screen without having to adjust the dates.

Christina from Douglas Design Studio Inc.

Industry: Architecture & Planning

User friendly, excellent customer service

We are loving the crisp user interface and customizable dashboards are definitely plus

Pros

After using BillQuick for more than 10 years we switched over to Core. The transition was extremely smooth. Core is an excellent product which my staff transitioned to with ease. The online tutorials were so good that staff just dove right in to working with Core with almost no support needed. Any questions that I have as I was setting things up were quickly answered but staff who are always quick to respond, extremely knowledgeable and always friendly. I would definitely recommend Core to anyone!

Cons

Cannot say 'least' but definitely would like to see incomplete time card notification feature that we used to enjoy. I was told it is on the road-map.

Lisa from RBM Engineering

Industry: Civil Engineering

BQE keeps all project management and keeping track of accounting records all in one place.

BQE support is genius. After explaining a situation for a project our firm will be performing in the next month, he was able to assist me with not only the setup but had some suggestions with regard to report filtering to reduce time spent on what I think would have been a monumental and time consuming task. Support team is an asset to your organization.

Pros

All aspects of project management and keeping track of accounting records all in one place. When I began working at RBM, invoices were being generated through excel and snail mailed which took almost a week to complete especially when having to retrieve weekly timesheets. With BQE, this process takes less than 1 day to complete.

Cons

I've encountered issues in the past that have affected prior year's data and researching is extremely time consuming. However, I haven't encountered these issues in the past 2 years - yeah!

Felice from WhiteSpace Architects, Inc.

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Although there was learning curve the software works for us

Pros

Time entries are easy for the project managers. When everything is entered correctly Core does give a good view as to where we are with invoicing, budgets, contract etc. For most part calling customer service is easy and the staff is knowledgeable and patient when we are asking for help.

Cons

I am not a fan of write up/down feature and wish we could turn it off as our firm does not use it. There is room for improvement in reporting area as find some reports do not show totals at the bottom and more invoice customization options would definitely help.

Reasons for Choosing BQE Core Legal - Time, Billing, and Accounting

For it crisp user interface and wide variety for feature set design for A&E.

Susan from Viridian Inc

Industry: Environmental Services

That it is available online is a big plus for us

It works fairly well for our needs.

Pros

After using BillQuick the on premise solution for 11 years we switched to Core and the timing was perfect. We use Core for time and expense entry, project management and project tracking, we are satisfied for what it does. So far most of our employees have transitioned from our old software to Core fairly easily.

Cons

I'd like easier access for at least one other employee to enter vendor bills/expenses. We do not have the Accounting/Billing or Payable package as we don't use either BQ or Core for this purpose yet, but we do track vendor bills and expenses for each project and I'd like a feature that made this accessible not just to the owner/administrator.

Timothy from TA Dumbleton Architect PC

Industry: Architecture & Planning

We use this software to manage our architecture firm. I have 25 years in practice and I have used 4 similar programs - this is the best by far.

The BQE company has been very responsive to suggestions and is making steady improvements. It is nice to use software that gets better over time.

Pros

The product is very powerful and provides quick information about how our projects are progressing - it allows us to know precisely how we are doing financially on each project. I like how flexible it is - much more flexible than other similar software I have used over the years. I like the interface and the customer service has been really excellent - they have been very responsive when we get stuck, and there has rarely not been a solution to our problems.

Cons

Sometimes the flexibility of the software makes it a little unwieldy. This software requires you to pay attention to what you are doing - because you can mess things up pretty quickly. There are times when I wish it had the ability to turn off some options - I would give up some power and flexibility to make it easier to work with. Invoice formatting needs some work.

Douglas from AL-FAROOQ CORPORATION

Industry: Civil Engineering

Overall, it is efficient and beats spreadsheets in Excel

Pros

Overall, it is an efficient method and beats the spreadsheets in excel. Ultimately, the tool is only as good as the user and in the right hands any tool would suffice, but in the wrong hands no tool would produce a masterwork. Customer support is great, they are able to guide us and withing seconds to minutes we are able to validate the solution provided.

Cons

That sometimes it does not work as intended. Sometimes I need to perform the same action multiple times such as saving & refreshing in an effort to clear the stack of memory and have it read properly.

Response from BQE Software

Replied July 2019

Doug thanks so much for your review! We are glad you have the support needed

LYNDA from Roberts Civil Engineering, Llc

Industry: Civil Engineering

Core is very user friendly

Pros

Core is very user friendly. We used BillQuick for over two years then switched to Core. We find Core much easier to navigate. I only use Time and Billing and again, am very pleased with the program. I learn more about it every time I call Customer Support.

Cons

I think the difficulties I have are related to needing a better understanding of the program. I can’t say I have anything I like least about it except for the speed. I think the slowness is due to our Wi-Fi system.

Response from BQE Software

Replied April 2019

Lynda, thank you for your review. We are appreciate you continuing to be a part of the BQE Family and glad to hear Core is so easy to use!

Jamie from True North Consultants, Inc.

Industry: Environmental Services

BQE is a fine project management tool

Pros

We use BQE for project management. The software is just fine, but the best part is the service we receive. I have had not one but many pleasant experiences of working with support. Technical support engineers are detailed, courteous and knowledgeable. They definitely exceed my expectations! Engineers take time to understand the problem, not only come up with a solution, they sometimes help to put the solution in place by logging in my computer.

Cons

Like any other software there is bit of learning curve. More robust knowledge base would definitely be helpful.

Laura from ORB Architecture

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Core is a centralized time keeping and invoicing program

The invoicing platform is pretty neat; the T&E platform works really well.

Pros

We switched to Core to make sure all our employees have a one centralized software for time and expense tracking. Our staff is enjoying as it works really well. The T&E data then automatically flows into invoicing which makes it easy to invoice your clients. Overall we enjoy pretty neat invoicing formats of Core.

Cons

Gant charting feature needs improvement and it has been communicated to Core development team

Bronwen from Prospect Studio

Industry: Architecture & Planning

Core has many features that are geared to us. We are relatively new to Core, thank goodness for the 24 help , because even with training, there are so many features, it would be impossible to train for everything.

Pros

We are an architecture firm and it is clear Core is geared to us. We are new to Core, so it's hard for me to name features i like most. We definitely see a value and so far we love the time management and ability to have reports automatically delivered by the software What I love so far is the 24 hour support. The agent we usually speak with has been especially helpful. He is patient and a great teacher. They points out issues/features that I had no idea about. All of them have been extremely helpful.

Cons

I would like to see more free webinars about new features, or tips.

Reasons for Choosing BQE Core Legal - Time, Billing, and Accounting

There was a lot manual process in our business prior to switching to Core. We wanted to be on cloud.

Majdi from Onward Engineering

Industry: Civil Engineering

Flexibility of Core made our complex billing simple

Pros

The flexibility of Core is exceptional, and their technical support is top notch. Core has helped us manage our projects and streamline our billing process, which includes 3-tier structure. Prior to Core we use to use excel to manage our multiple database.

Cons

I hope Core is going to have the payroll module soon. This will help cut down the manual steps and use of multiple application.

Response from BQE Software

Replied March 2019

Hi Majdi, We are thrilled with your 10/10 review in how Core has helped streamline your firms billing processes. Stay tuned for more information on your payroll request! Thank you for being part of the BQE Core family!

October 2011

Alexis from Henderson Architectural Group, Inc.

October 2011

BillQuick Review

Even though we do not integrate BillQuick with QuickBooks, this is an option that does sync with ease. What is nice is that you can have endless users working in this software system, independently entering their time and expenses without having issues. I have used many different software systems, and this one is quite easy to use and well worth the price.

Pros

Henderson Architectural started using BillQuick in 1999, while I began using this system in mid-2002. With the assistance of BillQuick's customer support and specialized tech support, we were able to run BillQuick more efficiently and to its full capabilities for what our firm needs. In the 9 years that I have been working with BillQuick, I have established an outstanding relationship with them to the point where they know what my needs and expectations are without me having to re-state them. The software has many capabilities, along with Crystal Reports, that allows you to design or edit existing reports/invoices to your needs. I have created special invoices for specific clients, and I am able to tie these invoices to specific projects without having to worry about them printing on the wrong template. The capabilities to tie expenses, activities, employees, etc to specific projects is endless.

Cons

I truly do not have any cons for this product only because if you are in need of something special, feel there should be something brought to their attention or any issues that need to be resolved, you may email them and most likely your suggestion/issue could end up in the next upgrade.

Susan from Van Atta Associates

BQE Support Service

Pros

ArchiOffice is an easy way to track time both billable and non-billable and to generate client invoices. In addition, ArchiOffice is able to run specific reports to help track phases and time by individual employees.

Cons

Some aspects are not intuitive. Running specific detailed reports can be a troubleshooting process until you happen to check and uncheck the correct check box. There is no user "How To" manual for reference or short video clips to view. It would be nice to see a page of every report that ArchiOffice can generate, use a dummy project and print out what is possible. I am sure that there are so many other features that our company could benefit from if we only knew the capabilities of ArchiOffice (without joining a training session that cost money)

Willie from DW Engineering

Cannot think of running our business without BQE Core

Pros

BQE Core's insightful dashboards and business intelligence tells us exactly how our projects are performing. The fact that I can review this important data from anywhere anytime is a huge benefit. We love the easy of use and the flow of the software.The important KPI's in Core for our projects, clients and staff help us run our business efficiently. Love the mobile phone app!

Cons

We track mileage extensively for our project visits. Mileage tracking on the mobile phone app will complete the app

Lee from LPI, Inc

It's about time

Pros

I've been using BQE product for more than 20 years. This is the best product thus far I have enjoyed working in after a long long time. Ease of use with excellent support. We extensively use it for easy to use time tracking and robust invoicing features

Cons

Ability to customize reports would be a great addition.

Response from BQE Software

Replied March 2019

Hi Paul Thrilled to continue having you as a long time customer! We appreciate you being part of the BQE family. We have custom reporting please feel free to reach out to your rep for more information. Thank you!

July 2016

Pam from John Staurulakis, Inc.

July 2016

BillQuick is the way to go!

There are many facets that I love about BillQuick, it's hard to pick one. Its ease of use is high on my list along with price. We have been using BQ for almost 14 years, and I have seen great leaps and bounds since December 2002. An upgrade is released every year in which BQ tries to stuff as many improvements as they can, many requested by their customers. BQ is always looking for ways to improve, this software never remains static.

Cons

What I used to like the least was the difference in time zone. BillQuick is on the West Coast while we are located on the East Coast. I previously had to wait until close to noon to call Tech Support. However, they resolved this issue a few years by expanding hours to start at 6:00 a.m. PST which means I can now call for support at 9:00 a.m. No more delay! Emailing your questions is also an available option.

Response from BQE Software

Replied July 2016

Thank you for that great review, Pam!

Edward from Consulting

Industry: Architecture & Planning

I am a small consulting engineering firm and use this for time accounting and invoicing. Additioanl features and capabilites are available as I grow into them.

Pros

This is fairly intuitive for a non-programming type of user. Results have been good and reliable. Support help has been very good, both from my account rep and tech support. It is good to have backup when things get lost, and BQE has been there. I look forward to exploring other features as my needs grow.

Cons

I have the basic level program and am curious about extended planning tools and features. We will see if these are as intuitive and the basic functions.

Joseph from JHA Companies

August 2016

BillQuick, an outstanding product for professional service firms!

We switched to Bill Quick at just the right time! It allowed us to respond to client demanded invoice templates and enabled us to continue to grow without adding additional back office support staff. The mobile app is also great for time and expense entry and so is web suite for all our remote offices and mobile staff. Billing can be accomplished quickly with this product!

Cons

We work on the east coast and from time to time we have needed morning support and had to wait until support staff arrived at BQE who works in the pacific time zone. Not a major issue by any means, but still resulted is some downtime that otherwise could have been eliminated.

Response from BQE Software

Replied August 2016

Joseph, we are glad that BillQuick has been working great for you. Thanks for the feedback.

July 2016

John from Gallagher & Turchi, P.C.

July 2016

Time and expense product for everyone

The product is extremely user friendly. Employees, young and senior age, have no problem using the product to accomplish their daily activities. BillQuick conducts, at no cost, frequent training sessions where participants are encouraged to learn time saving ways to use applications. Employees in their tech department have a deep knowledge of the software. Their goal is to assist in what you want the application do. Tell the tech people what you want and they will get it done. "No problem" is their attitude. BillQuick has the best product at an economical price that I have found.

Cons

As you can tell, I like the product. BillQuick offers service/application discounts, usually for a very limited time period. Possibly these marketing efforts can be extended of existing and tech agreements users for a longer time period. It is usually easier and less expensive to sell more to an existing customer base.

Response from BQE Software

Replied July 2016

Thank you, John!

Brett from Contour Engineering LLC

Engineer Office Review

We have been utilizing Engineer Office since 2011 for a Civil Engineering and Survey firm. We have been happy with the refinements that BQE has put into place throughout the years to make it functional. We utilize it mostly as a timekeeping and billing complement to Quickbooks. In the last few years, we have successfully cut our time for billing down by implementing best management practices on entering data. Billing used to take a week from the closing date and now it only takes a day or two at the most. Overall the project management when it comes to billing is what we need to operate our business efficiently.

Pros

The billing functions on this product are very efficient when setting up correctly. The ability to have multiple fixed fee and time and expense items on an invoice is very useful.

Cons

The connection to QuickBooks can be somewhat difficult and inconsistent at times. It is best when you start fresh and have someone that understands the system. Beginners can make a mess of things if they don't understand the system.

September 2016

Debra from M. Brent Dagget, Architect/Planner

September 2016

Absolutely fabulous for tracking time and doing invoices easily!!!

Pros

The ability to track hours easily and to do invoices easily. The options for how to handle a project a great too - hourly and stipulated sum with budget %. CUSTOMER SUPPORT is absolutely FABULOUS. Have never worked with a software vendor that gives this level of customer support; I've always had every question answered and any problems fixed right away. And when you send an e-mail asking for help, it is followed up in a timely manner.

Cons

The time clock on the hours can't be adjusted to fit the situation. But, there are other free software programs that will track this and then the data can be dropped into ArchiOffice.

Bryan from AO

Archioffice Review as an Architect who does the billings

Pros

I like the ease of use, i am an architect, not a financial type, i understand this product and am able to use it effectively. It has helped us control our billings and receiveables. I also really like the customer support, Alan Schlieper, is very good at working with me in any issues that come up. I tried to mark a 10 in the ratings below, but the survey would not allow. He is that good!

Cons

I wish i could better utilize all of the services the product offers, but we are a bit entrenched in our own processes.

Brandon from BOOKS IN BALANCE, INC.

Love BQE

Love it and definitely worth a try!

Pros

We love BQE and cannot imagine running our business without BillQuick. Last year we switched to subscription and it's great to see new features that are getting added. We enjoy unlimited support.

Cons

We have been using BQE product for 10 years and it definitely is improving every year and we cannot think of anything that it does not do for us

Patricia from Karen Thomas Associates

Archioffice - 2016

Have been using archioffice fairly frequently for the past five years. I work for two companies - an architecture firm and an owner's representative. The program makes more sense for architecture firm - as it has trouble with the fee structure that we use for the owner's representative. Customer support is great - there are a lot on online tutorials, but we pay for the Gold support package - so we have a dedicated support representative who is familiar with our programming. Since our company is small - I don't have familiarity with the batch invoicing, but on an individual input - it works great. I find it pretty intuitive to pick and start using.

Pros

Access - app syncs nicely with the main project - for timesheet entry Online/web access - makes it platform independent - so you can access program on Mac or PC Duplicate projects - you don't need to start from scratch to create a project Invoice/Transaction Entry - easy to enter and track

Cons

Timesheets are not as easy as they could be - other programs allow you to enter time by the week - this is an individual entry per project, per day NTX is for the project or phase - can't be coded as monthly - tried many work arounds - nothing worked Back function doesn't work - if you are looking at a timesheet entry in a specific project - you will back out to the home page of the project - not the timesheet screen